Is America really the best country to become a video game developer?

Is America really the best country to become a video game developer?

Attached: software-engineer-salary-worldwide-201920190226[1].png (1110x1092, 46K)

software dev ≠ game dev

This show it for a game dev and also include average hours worked per week.

>tfw French dev
Why are we so poor, us Europoor

america values trained staff
the uk sure as hell does not, never work in the uk if you have any qualifications.
>cad machinist in the uk
>$12 starting
>move to europe
>$17
>take US posting
>$25 + expenses + medical
never looked back

Keep in mind that most of the US game devs live in extremely, utterly, fucking ridiculously expensive cities that are shitholes. So their 100k salary doesn't amount to shit when rent is $6k a month just so they can get away from the icky black and brown people that they don't like.

Attached: san-fransisco-third-world-hellhole-678x381.jpg (678x381, 70K)

At least you have it better than us Spaniards...

gaming industry has been expanding to other areas like florida, just go there

For now it is, but when Beto wins in 2020 & hands out H1B visas like free candy, expect that bloated salary to drop like a rock.

Why do gaming companies set up in places like California anyway? With the way communication technology is shouldn't you be able to open your company up in the American heartland or somewhere not as expansive? Or am I retarded?

Because talent generally goes to the coasts. As well, there are a lot of great tech focused colleges to recruit from.

code monkeys dont deserve a salary they deserve to be slaves like the bug people they are

The US is the place to live if you’re white and blonde. If you are not those, fuck off were full.

>uk that low
wtf is every uk software company based in Doncaster or some other equally deprived shithole?

slav shit here can I move to the US

Cut out the siesta, bruh

>Bet On My Stork
>Winning

wut

Average is probably closer to 40k in america. I assume this chart is counting the mythical "salaried" devs and not the freelancers with no benefits who make up the vast majority of these types of positions

You have blonde hair and over 6 feet?

>be UK software dev
>make less than a Tesco manager

what the hell

Because the heartland is filled with retards like you.

Uk is a classist society, if you're born somewhat wealthy simply existing is being rewarded more than hard work and smarts.

I don't think you have to be a member of some highborn family to be a manager at Tesco.

Tesco Manager is a hereditary title

>average salaries
>doesn't even include cost of living, tax rates etc.
Meaningless

>he doesn't consider cost of living with his salary

Attached: 1548874668767.gif (650x705, 38K)

you have to defeat the sitting manager in a jousting competition.

>making 6 figures as a software developer
>parents still letting me live at home
>tfw watching the cash roll in

Attached: 1448053408379.gif (500x485, 1.6M)

t. Never tried to get a retail job

If you are not related by blood to the staff you ain't getting a job in the uk

fuck off we're full