How is this game balanced in any way?

How is this game balanced in any way?

Attached: Dota 2.jpg (1200x1600, 767K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4
dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/9870-the-international-2018/heroes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not, but it's still fair.

Everything is overpowered, hence it's balanced.

pretty much everything has a counter any half-decent team comp can muster

sometimes that counter is "don't let them farm" or "teamwork"

>teamwork
bullshit the game cheats there is rubber band rewards in that shit more than Mario kart

if you dont play the game, dont have an opinion.

*gets buffed nonstop for four major patches straight*
So how much are we gonna see these fuckers at TI?

Attached: TECHIES.jpg (670x383, 72K)

what syndrome are?

Most heroes are just really good at what their good at, but suck with other things

What I'm trying to say is that in a lot of games, you can just tell that one character is pretty much just a better version of another because they pretty much do the same thing, I'm not saying there's no cases of that in Dota 2, but it has way more variety than any other game

Attached: 1542648482438.jpg (1200x1038, 206K)

>buffed
red mines are fucking useless since people destroy them before they explode and any moron can buy a sentry ward and destroy your green oned

Red mines are amazing at flashfarming and pushing. Fucking 600 AOE damage at level 5 wipes creepwaves

this
the game is trash

Too bad Valve stopped updating this game

We had 7.22f just a couple days ago

where's the Immortal 3, Arcana, and the alternate Creeps? They fucking don't care

It's not, that's the appeal

agreed chinesebro game's dead and valve's bankrupt

icefrog's a genius

Attached: piginablanket.png (54x54, 5K)

It's balanced, but only if you know the game well. If you don't know how to take advantage of your tools it's "imbalanced"

Yeah, I'm thinking the radioactive disco pony is back.

Attached: dota2_leshrac_by_biggreenpepper-d5zj99z.jpg (2000x1263, 1.33M)

yeah they're good for pushing but useless for heroes

It isn't. And that's why it's fun. Dota is for cheese chads with big IQ brains. Refresher WK still awesome.

pretty much every hero has a situation they can shine in and very few cases of one hero being just a worse version of another hero. It's hard to name a bottom 5/10 on the current patch

It's impossible for that game to ever be 100% balanced. Far too many variables.

The problem lies more with how Valve handles the game and the community itself.

Attached: 1-1396450579-20.gif (277x300, 1005K)

The worst part is that some games can be lost in the pick phase. Why the fuck are unwinnable games a thing?

Pick right then retard

Meet

The worst part of the game is the blatant rigged matchmaking.
I feel like I literally have no impact on the game. I could play the exact same hero and play as shitty as possible and still win, but the next game play my heart out and still lose. Its just so obvious that I don't bother trying anymore. It is literally >forced50 if you are a solo player anyway.

its not buy gaben lets you trade skins so the ruskis love it.

it's the most balanced game in its genre

deluded

they literally release updates once or twice a day. it's the most annoying fucking thing on Steam's downloads manager.
See something downloading?
Sweet! Terraria or something must have finally got an update!
Nope, it's just yet another 12meg hotfix for Dota.

great argument

>100+ heroes picked in pro games
you tell me how it isn't

It's not forced 50, it's designed to keep people playing. For example
>people that end up on loss streaks are matched with people on win streaks, since if someone loses too much they might stop playing the game (think of it as a slot machine, even if you lose a bunch, if it's mixed up with some matches that go really well for you and with people that aren't complete spastic that will trigger your reward center in the brain)
>people are also matched according to cosmetics and most played heroes, so they can see cosmetics they might want and thus purchase

and somehow theres always a shadow fiend

im not going to name the 700 different broken things in the game

the game is balanced around high level play, from a lower mmr perspective some heroes are significantly stronger because the counterplay around them requires more nuance; this process tends to lead to significantly more interesting competitive level play but the majority of low level players who don't understand proper counterplay will tend to freak out about how over powered riki and bloodseeker are but at the same time complain than chen and meepo are bad because they are incapable of actually playing them to a relevant level

>The worst part of the game is the blatant rigged matchmaking.
I can't believe so many people are still stupid enough to believe this

As opposed to LoL's 10 champion meta?

>cosmetic updates more important than balance patch
you need to go back

reminder

Attached: 1555590995252.png (1280x612, 631K)

>pick right
I pick a hero I'm good at (Bloodseeker) but the idiots on my team then all pick fucking semi carries like Mirana

Matchmaking is very much controlled.
There isn't a single MP game that is active now that is designed to match equally skilled teams against one another, trying to create even matches.

why did you put PA in D and S tier?

>source: my ass
yep, checks out

bloodseeker and riki aren't OP. Nobody but complete newfags have trouble with them.
The real OP cancer is shit like Phantom Lancer

>The real OP cancer is shit like Phantom Lancer
He's also easy as hell to counter and deal with

did you not read the post? the point was that newer players will call the game unbalanced because of heroes like bloodseeker and riki while they aren't actually strong

I'm not that guy, but please tell me how to counter PL, because he is for sure my least favorite hero to play against.

>Phantom Lancer
Have Crimson Guard incel.

I am studying game design. I don't even play this game anymore and I'm not trying to blame anything. I'm telling you how it is.

Matchmaking now is designed around maximizing player retention and monetization (monetization designer is also a job that is growing in importance).

But are you telling me that you (without having researched anything) truly believe that all devs goals with matchmaking is to create as balanced and fair matches as possible?
Do you even see the patents, talks, reports and research companies throw out left and right? It's all carefully designed and controlled to manipulate you. People like you fall for it because you're naive and think devs are "fair".

>Brood
>D
I'd give her the D nah mean? But yeah you're gay!

Pick earth shaker. Ping him when he spilts. Pick a lane bully to shut him down.

>still no source
Thanks for proving me right I guess

>Literally no sources other then dude trust me V2.

earthshaker
luna
legion

He absolutely cannot fight Sven. or Magnus.

You're having trouble against PL? Haha, try fighting Morphling.

Ok how the fuck do you deal with Windranger? I can't damage the bitch at all and whenever I can actually click her and kill her she runs away at super speed

awful taste

You ever heard of a monkey king bar. Beyond that stun her.

patrician taste

CC
The answer to almost every "how do I deal with X" question is CC

Magic, stuns, slows. like Lina, Lion. Even Viper can work. PA too.

MKB doesn't help. I tried that. Whenever she ults she dances away fron you and keeps autofiring to kill you. I can't kill her even with MKB because she just runs away

Dota is a team game, depending on who you are you probably can't kill her 1v1. Stuns and silences do the trick.

And you have one?

Sorry I can't copypaste my books onto the internet, recorded all developer talks I had directly, my own work and bookmarking things just so I can prove to some naive Yea Forums poster that devs don't try and design their MP modes to be fair and just.

Remain ignorant then, not my problem.

Attached: 1325615855473.png (640x464, 273K)

>Sorry I can't copypaste my books onto the internet, recorded all developer talks I had directly, my own work and bookmarking things just so I can prove to some naive Yea Forums poster that devs don't try and design their MP modes to be fair and just.
Unless those books contain actual direct proof that Dota 2 rigs its matchmaking, you still have zero source and you're full of shit. The benefit of the doubt is not on your side. If you come in with this tin foil hat bullshit, it's on you to prove it.

can you share the names of the books you mention, at least? it sounds like an interesting read

>I pick a dogshit trashcan hero and lose
??

The game's been ruined for a long long time now.
I have 6K hours in it, my friend that I have 5k Hours with has 8K hours in it.
It's been so bad as of recently we've had to drop it since it just does not reward good plays anymore, and subhuman spics infest it to no end.
We only played it recently and for the couple years before that because we would see glimpses of the past dota that we all knew and loved, and see some plays that would just absolutely devestate a team and they could do nothing to win that game.
Now all you need to make sure is just to grab bounties every 5 minutes and if you do, doesn't matter if you are literally down by 20 kills.
You can come back because you right click a golden rune.
It's just been turning into League for the longest time as well, shit like Status resistance and countless others thats been slowly introduced into the game.

Bounty Runes literally give less gold than a creep wave. What the fuck are you on about

>Unless those books contain actual direct proof that Dota 2 rigs its matchmaking
Literally every single active MP game does this because there is no reason at all not to do it.

Tell me, how do you maximize player retention and cosmetic purchases?

The books were more focused on the monetization and then you combine it with how companies (several guest speakers) advice on how you can structure your matchmaking system to incentivize people to keep playing and spending.
EA and ActivisionBlizzard are at the forefront. Valve are also proud of their works, according to the guest speaker from Valve. Can't remember their name, might be written down in one of my notebooks.

Personally, I hate this monetization shit, but it was part of the course. So some "good" books would probably be Social Game Design by Time Fields or Monetizing Innovation by some Madvan or whatever.
I think EA has some talks on this online, but like I said I didn't bookmark them.
I do remember one that touches on the social manipulation though because of the disgusting name
youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4

so you make sure you secure the runes and take theirs if possible.
im not the biggest fan of it either, since it telegraphs the game for the first 20 minutes but its not that bad

>game design larper
man I dont know. I dont have much respect for people who actually go into game design as a program. Much of that just boils down to being some sort of corporate yes man bent on satisfying suits and stakeholders instead of actually making fun games.

>durr game is balanced
>durr le trash character xd

>Much of that just boils down to being some sort of corporate yes man bent on satisfying suits and stakeholders instead of actually making fun games.
Entirely depends on where you work.

yeah, but how do you balance rigged matches between 10 people and sufficiently obfuscate it so people don't figure out that you're rigging them? do you do the same for unranked matches, or leave them alone (because there's no benefit for a positive win% on unranked)? If your only reason for believing that dota's rigged is 'because it's a multiplayer game in 2019 lol' then you're just making an assumption because you're jaded. Reasonably jaded, but still jaded.

EXACTLY

also, fuck niggers
Good thing they don't play dota

>I don't play, I just like cute outfits on my waifu

As long as other games were more broken it would still be the most balanced in the genre

LC would duel you to the death if she saw this

You don't
>100% Evasion
>Near 100% uptime with CDR talent
>100% uptime with aghs
>MS over Max cap with aghs
>str gain higher than fucking bristleback
>level 4 powershot does the same damage as level 1 laguna
>moonwalks around you while shitting out damage
expect near 100% p/b at TI if not nerfed

Only Na'Vi picks him.

>how do you do it
user, they're already doing it.

Sick 2009 memes bro.

dotabuff.com/esports/leagues/9870-the-international-2018/heroes
Literally every hero that was in the game was picked during last TI. The game isn't actually unbalanced.

Attached: 1559082797060.jpg (960x960, 156K)

>How do you counter X?
>No one said silencer.
>pure damage DD on demand with global silence.

Ok Dr. Faglord can you explain how people can purchase account boosts, how professional players can smurf and get back to their rating, and account buyers/boosters consistently dropping back to their subhuman shitter tier rating?

What you're saying might be applicable to skinner boxes and games without an open ranking system but it doesn't seem to be applicable to dota considering how consistently good players can reach their original ranks even on new smurfs while shitters go down back to their original mmr even after getting boosted/purchasing an account. Rigged ranked matchmaking is just a shitty excuse people have used for years in many games to justify being trapped at the skill rating they are

Icefrog's magic

So, no source? And you're admitting you were wrong?
Got it!

Outside of last pick mid being broken, this game is perfectly balanced

Talking about wannabe-game designers...
>tfw want to know how Dota characters are designed and balanced
>tfw don't want to play this garbage

Attached: 1562382523474.jpg (232x197, 23K)

Dotards will unironically defend things like RNG stuns and mouse movement on single units because they think competitive video games were perfected in a shitty 15 year old mod that dumbed down an already mediocre RTS.
Just stay well away from them, don't talk to them, don't touch assfaggots period.

>i'm trash at dota so it's bad

Attached: 1531695592045.png (756x540, 669K)

>and mouse movement on single units
Imagine being so much a fucking zoomer you've never heard of Diablo

Attached: 1557700555755.jpg (260x258, 12K)