What are some of the most overambitious games?

What are some of the most overambitious games?

Attached: 4282C46D-A5A2-4FAD-8F9F-2F15402BA561.jpg (553x500, 96K)

The answer is spore, btw

fpbp

Spore was not overambitious, spore was crippled while in the womb. Most features that never made it in were already complete and functional before they got taken out

Daikatana, Spore, probly some peter molyneux screw up I'm forgetting, no man's sky

Spore wasn't overambitious, it was murdered by EA retards who wanted it to be a kiddie game.
EA deserves to burn in hell even if specifically for ruining Spore.

The answer is Star Citizen.

Star citizen

Fable

>humans make a cool building
>god doesn't tell them to stop
>he just mindfucks them so they can never understand each other again, and will never again be united

I can't believe it's not passé yet to reduce biblical stories in the most boring ways possible

Reduction is wit. And besides, it's a retarded parable. The moral is that ambition is a bad trait, but where a good parable might show how hubris leads to downfall, this is just "you have an emotion I don't like, now suffer." It's a multi-layered story that is retarded on all levels. Really boggles my mind how people think anyone would choose to believe it if they weren't indoctrinated by it since birth.

No game is overly ambitious. Incompetent devs ruin it. Star Citizen, Spore, anything. Money is given to the incompetent because we live in the absolute shit timeline.

If you funded me 1 million dollars I would give you a far better experience than Star Citizen, Eve, or any other space simulation game because I'm not a fucking incompetent middle manager, I'm a technical lead.

There's only one right answer and btw you're all wrong

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 45K)

BioShock Infinite.

Why is God such an asshole?

Star Citizen, Chris keeps tacking on more and more shit to the game that it's going to implode

Gearbox didn't even try.

3D Realms did.

Star citizen is the only right answer

yeah it's this, it was a high concept game with working features, and it was set up perfectly for plugins

ea just wanted something for the mass market, so they killed it.

Is there a single game that tried the Idea after that?

It's not a very good idea, so no.

Attached: dadce0166552f15649e2ab6eba627f49c3e276db4d0e8aa630c16dd53edb7ae4_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 23K)

>tower of babel doge meme
the internet was a mistake

MGSV
FFXV
FFXII

These games had massive amount of content cut and by release had already gone 5-10 years in development.

Star Citizen isn't a game. It's a scam

i like it
found it funny

>>>/ifunny/

fuck you

The moral is that God despised everyone except the Jews up until Jesus retconned that, and he would smite anyone for not being Jewish. He also hated Jews too, but he used arbitrary rule violations to smite them. It's amazing how Christianity managed to retcon him into a supposedly loving god with the old testament still existing as a testament of his hatred towards man.

Destiny might be the best Tower of Babel video game analogy so far.
Popular and praised studio tried to make a grand mmo but overambition, miscommunication, pride and poor management brought the entire project down and had the remaining team had to rebuild whatever was left of the game in the last possible moments for shipping. The end product eventually becoming just a tiny shadow of its former self.

Attached: c8bf1d_5e49adad75714dfe838e73b1f259af40_mv2.jpg (1920x738, 512K)

>Reduction is wit.
No it isn't. Simplicity and brevity is.

What you did is just bad reduction.

Even in its crippled shallow form Destiny manages to inspire, can't imagine how good it would've been if Bungie managed to pull it off

Attached: 1481487302278[2].jpg (1250x1126, 479K)

>make a thing
>thing does something it's not supposed to
>get angry the thing you made is broken and throw it in the trash
>eventually notice that trash changing into something neat looking
>start to somewhat like thing again and continue to watch it, getting disappointed when it does something stupid again
Bible God reminds me of that kid that owned an ant farm and would poke around it from time to time

Based God

Daikatana
Shadow of the Collosus original release
Starcraft: Ghost
Asheron’s Call
Tes: Daggerfall