Make a spiritual successor to System Shock that's much better than Bioshock in every regard

>make a spiritual successor to System Shock that's much better than Bioshock in every regard
>nobody plays it because Bethesda forced them to change the title to make it look like a salvaged Prey sequel
The game was a bit too easy but otherwise fucking fantastic, superb level design and atmosphere, fuck Bethesda seriously.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aioSgRWipKM
youtube.com/watch?v=cpKM0S37Ujo
youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0
youtube.com/watch?v=rLyoXplpM5Y
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/yIIu-v9wmbYlWeIB3MHVow/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are desperate nuPrey fans the most pathetic fanbase currently on Yea Forums? I still have to see them blame anything but the fans of the original Prey for their game's shortcomings. Oh right, they also say "but its better than bioshock!" like it actually means anything when your game is an uninspired piece of shit where you just go around shooting black blobs.

cringe

I have literally never made a post about Prey on Yea Forums, I just got the game recently for like 5 bucks and liked it a lot. I even kinda agree, the enemies were the weakest part of the game easily, mostly because of the low difficulty (even though I ramped up everything to max and didn't even try to cheese anything).

>I have literally never made a post about Prey on Yea Forums, I just got the game recently
Amazing, and you still hit the same keys that every nuPrey fanboy hit when he tries to defend his shovelware title.

It had a set goal and vision but it probably did it too well so it lost a lot of mass appeal, its probably too sim-like for people.

Bioshock was dumbed down for the masses but also had a very eye catching art design so was popular.

Prey needed a better name for starters and probably better marketing also the enemies design needed to be more interesting, it got better later on but I have a feeling most didn't get that far.

>nuPrey
Have you fucking seen the Prey 2 gameplay instead of parroting Yea Forums memes?
That game looked horrid and was you generic run of the mill 3rd person cover shooter.
Bethesda made a scummy corporate move but in the end what we got was the best case scenario.

The funny thing is that Prey was in development before Bethesda decided to change the name into what it is now, it was never planned as a Prey sequel in the first place. The game got mostly ruined by awful marketing decisions.

I really don't care about the original Prey and the cancelled sequel, but I need a way to differentiate that game from this Bioshock clone called Prey, and nuPrey is the best way to do it because it does the job, AND pisses off all of the sissies such as yourself. Feel free to defend your shitty Bioshock clone by not comparing it to the Original Prey, it's sequel, or Bioshock.

I agree. The naming is the most tragic part of this game and Arkane may not be able to come back to something as hardcore as this, instead have to stick to immersive sims for babies like Dishonored.

You have a mental illness.

ok you widdle pwey babby. are you going to pway your gwayme now or are you going to cwy?

It's even better than SS.

Say that out loud while looking into mirror

>retards calling fps-rpg an immersive sim
not even a genre, you faglords

lol no. system shock actually has good pacing

I am really enjoying it, my only problem is the inverted difficulty curve. The start of the game is by far the hardest part, but once you max out the shotgun you can wipe the floor with anything in the game no problem.
Regeneration is also OP as fuck.

I just did, and it's pretty fucking funny.

Immersive sim is the whole new genre the nuPrey fanboys have invented to classify their super-special game called nuPrey. What do you mean it's not immersive? What do you mean it doesn't actually simulate anything?

>Are desperate nuPrey fans the most pathetic fanbase currently on Yea Forums?
No, that would be Smash and Japshit fans

Are they desperate or are you just asshurt and looking to confirm your biases? fucking mongoloid lmao

It was very easy desu. The hardest enemy, the Nightmare, could be literally turned into leaves with a laser you unlock 1/3 inside the game.

The exploration and npc interaction was sick though.

Attached: 20171225175630_1.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

ebin shitpost my dude

I was replying to a complete non-argument made up of ad hominems and strawmen.

You don't need the beam. My method of taking out the Nightmare is so use the slow motion and run at him and fill him full of shotgun ammo.
Fully upgraded shotgun takes less than a full mag to kill him while stun locking the entire time.

The Q-Beam I save for the enemies that like to float around outside of shotgun range.

>Get psychoshock level 3
>Win every non-robot encounter immediately
Loved the game though

Every time there is a nuPrey thread the people defending the game always say the same three things.

The game did poorly because of the original Prey fans
The game was better than Bioshock 1, which it tried to copy
Prey 2 was going to be bad, therefore nuPrey's existence is validated, regardless of the quality of the game itself

>fans of the original Prey

Those don't exist, people should stop acting like they do.

Wrong. Prey did badly because the fans of the originan Prey sabotaged sales.

Nobody is talking about the stuff you are mentioning you delusional retard.

>sabotaged sales
how exactly?

What the fuck is your problem?

i swear its the same sperg that makes these threads every week

Don't bother, he's falseflagging to rile up an "enemy" that doesn't exist.

Did you actually read the OP?

i know he is full of shit thats why i want to hear his retarded response

MoonCrash was better

>the weapons KILL the enemies! can you believe it?

>that's much better than Bioshock in every regard

holy shills, batman. This is getting sad.

Attached: 1277852107612.jpg (553x351, 15K)

>shilling a 3 year old game that was on sale for like 10$ several times

the enemy design, while realaly good in context, just fell flat on almost every other level imaginable, and i think that is one of the reasons it didn't do as good, besides being a pretty good, albeit flawed, System Shock successor that Bioshock DREAMS it was.

>Rouge-lite
lmao no, i finished it in less than 3 hours and never wanted to replay it while i replayed the main game up to 60+ hours.

the mode feels unfinished and like it was going to be bigger.

Attached: c5b.jpg (680x686, 68K)

>he thinks Bioshock is a good game

Attached: 1301081945535.jpg (375x372, 143K)

The game is dull as fuck. There's like 4 different enemies in the game and 2 weapons worth using. They give you a load of agency that means fuck all when you just cream your way though. I finished it on the hardest difficulty and it was clearly designed for controllers / console plebs.
4/10 tops.

I know, right? It's not like they aren't working on a sequel already, these fanboys are just upset the game isn't praised enough on Yea Forums.

Go read people talk about Prey anywhere else. They think it was bland and boring.

System Shock 2 was a flop in its day. That's all you need to know. The Bioshock games were right to do what they did. Games like Prey are never successful.

Would you kindly go replay Bioshock?

I just replayed 1/2 last week there not that good

>this guy is back again and trying to ruin yet another Prey thread
Why does this happen every time? Why can't we just have a thread so we can hype up the game and finally get the praise Prey deserves?

I can play and enjoy "cult hits" like System Shock 2. nuPrey is considered boring and bland because it is. The funny part is that was the easiest thing to remedy. Just make the enemies not be uninspired black blobs made of darkness.

Here's you Bioshock killer, bro

Attached: 20170627212532_1.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

I woke up and my laptop was in front of me and someone on twitch was playing this, in my half asleep state, the sound design sounded like that of a metroid prime game, as did the general atmosphere of being all alone, would I be disappointing playing it?

Game with good level design brought down by shitty and boring gunplay and repetitive and boring enemy designs.

Also lots of homosexual activity and daddy-hating in audio logs

Overall I give it a zoomer/10

The funny thing is that not even zoomers wanted to play this shit, lmao.

>homosexual activity and daddy-hating in audio logs
Oh. That explains why the people who are so desperate to defend this game sound like complete sissies.

I really liked this game. It got me to play Dishonored too since I hadn't tried it earlier.

I'm not sure I would compare it with Metroid. It's supposed to be horror-ish, though the station's bright art deco style doesn't instill much of a sense of fear in you. And you are largely alone, but as it is mandatory in modern shooters you have someone who speaks to you through radio every so often to tell you what to do next.

No one liked, cared about, or even played the original Prey

The amount of falseflagging by the same person in this thread is fucking baffling.

Why can't you people try to defend this game without talking about the original one?

Why was the enemy variety so absolutely shit?

Attached: 1564841175817.jpg (233x267, 15K)

Over half of the posts in this thread are made by the same person, often replying to himself too. Did the devs of this game fuck your mother or something?

Yes goyim, I am everywhere. Don't forget it. Wallow in your paranoia.

It's the same shill making all these threads, I'm sure. He's on some mission to get people to play the game, I think.

Dude it's extremely fucking obvious, you keep repeating the same words and phrases every time, this isn't my first rodeo.

I liked it. It was alright, not something I would recommend but I don't feel like I wasted my time playing it.

They should have just called it Stellar Shock or something to differentiate it from the other two while cashing in on the name.

I like the fact that you can find out so much about the station and every dead body you found had a name and backstory attached that helped you understand the station better. As an exploration game it’s great and the use of powers/foam gun to find secret areas was great as well. Zero G areas like outside Talos and GUTS were also really cool. I also like the way you can find material to craft with everywhere and how the crafting mechanic is handled in general. However all of that falls apart once you encounter the same enemy over and over which always respawns making you have to annoyingly dodge them or kill them every time you are backtracking through the station for a quest or side quest. It shows that the core gameplay mechanics (outside of some fun powers to use) are boring and repetitive and are also very barebones. The lack of a smg/AR type of gun or some more interesting enemy types and unique rewards kinda kills it after you play for a while. Only reason you push through is the story.

Imagine being so buttblasted about Prey that you immediately jump into any thread mentioning it for almost 2 years straight to reply to your own posts.

We really need more immersive sims in general. And I think Arkane largely does a good job making them

You sound like you are the guy you’re complaining about

This but used a fully upgraded pistol and spammed, honestly wish enemies had more strengths and weaknesses, like sure the elemental phantoms are immune to their element but then you can just shotgun the bitch. Having some that have physical damage negation would have been interesting, enemies that if you can't kill must avoid.

He's been doing it ever since the game released, he's completely insane. I wish he would at least get a trip but his falseflagging wouldn't work then.

nuPrey got raped by a gang of old Prey fans in the sizzling summer of 2017.

Autism is a helluva drug

nuPrey, sissy, shill, bland, black blobs

Every post containing these words is very obviously made by the same person and you can tell that he keeps replying to himself and everyone saying it.

so just how many of these threads have you made so far? And why do you always pretend to be someone who *just* played it and was blown away by it? It's so bad. You glow in the dark.

He's an underage electionfag and quite clearly coming into a thread about a game he more than likely didn't even play to shitpost and get (You)s, just ignore him.
Prey 2017 is my GOTY by a country mile that year, and fucking brilliant. Arkane is legitimately one of the few decent devs left, I pray bethesda leaves them alone.

You forgot the falseflagging about "old Prey fans" which nobody except him keeps bringing up. He's completely obsessed with these threads.

It was better than the overrated streamlined garbage that was any of the Bioshit games, imo.

based
top 5 game of the last decade

Now this is some real autism itt.

Attached: 1564277159372.png (270x360, 66K)

>start New Game+
>don't keep my inventory with 80 neuromods after no neuromod run
Ah shit I shoud've loaded latest save and injected a hundred neuromods in my eyes.

Attached: 20190802210713_1.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

the art design in this game is so fucking good

Sounds like the Ace Combat 7 hating asshole then, since the shitposts only became more obvious and recurring after it released.

compared to what?

Attached: 1519928235493.png (409x306, 102K)

I played it and loved the game, waiting for the sequel.

fpbp

Sup, r*ddit.

Attached: Angry Prey fans.png (1322x1082, 207K)

Stop falling for the falseflagging, it's the same guy pretending to hate the original Prey to make people who like the new Prey seem like assholes.

OLDPREY GOOD. NEWPREY BAD. OLDPREY RAPES NEW PREY HAHA NEWPREY BABYS GETTING RAPED HAHA BABY RAPE HA HAH

Attached: 1530192419460.png (402x457, 31K)

>Youtube comments
>actually using Youtube comments to make YOUR point

Attached: Seriously nigger.jpg (906x1400, 1.45M)

I disliked the human models, they all look so cartoony but also grotesque.

Half the telepathy skill names would've been decent titles. Someone said Neuroshock. It's a shame.
I think the criticism of the enemies is overblown. They're repetitive compared to what, humans with different clothes and weapons? The Typhon are the most original enemy in any game of this kind. The only thing they could've done more is just added human and robot enemies on top of it.

Can we get some actual discussion going? For one, how do we bring back the immersive sim genre?

Can an Indie dev make it? Graphics would obviously suffer but would people play it?

>replaying game
>no needles run
>mfw Technopaths and Telepaths show up
WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!

Also
>tfw sequel never
>10 years from now we'll get NuNuPrey which will be completely different from both Preys

Attached: 65ae28cd.jpg (419x370, 15K)

i started it 2 days ago. been playing it non stop. give it a go. It gets better as it goes on. the freedom is great. I'm doing sidequests i havent even activated yet just cause i cant help myself from exploring and finding good shit early on.

It's not that it's bad. It's just not good. Too boring to finish. It was so lame and so boring that I ended my playthrough prematurely with the escape pod and never looked back.

WHY would they make a game that boring? Why do they hate things being fun or, at the VERY least, interesting?

>Can an Indie dev make it?
pic related was their latest try, it was fucking terrible and it bombed, it's also a rougelite.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 110K)

most other games out right now

Void Bastards was good though, but it should've been a 15$ game.

>no corrupted exploding dirt skiffs
>no corrupted station ai trying to crush you with doors and self piloting cargo containers
>No human faction wanting to take revenge on Transtar executives
This game should have been renamed "wasted opportunity "

>there's no picture nearby
>transforms into it anyway

Attached: 20190729195221_1.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

Let Arkane Studios make a game that doesn't have Bethesdas fat jewish fingers in it and you're gold.

My main complaint is that they foreshadowed the ending too much. The very first glitch or whatever it was that let you hear the outside was enough to reveal it.

PREY did poorly because Bethesda botched the marketing and people had no idea what PREY was. After the fact everyone agreed it was Bioshock in space and that game is apparently a nu-gamer darling or something.

I just got this game for 2$ at GameStop and I absolutely love it. On a second playthrough going human only and sneaking around for the 250% stealth multiplier and loving it. The abilities are great, the atmosphere and ambience are top tier. I wish I’d gotten it sooner. Bought mooncrash and haven’t really even touched that yet.

The original game didn't deserved to be replaced by this completely unrelated reboot. Fuck, you can't even buy it anywhere officially.

Attached: prey.jpg (354x500, 42K)

It sees you.

the lack of weapon and enemy variety hurt the game. 4 different variations of the phantom is weak af. Tougher enemies consisting of poltergeists just being invisible and technopaths/telepaths just being bulletsponges. The Nightmare was the lamest miniboss ever with his pathing being janky. I will admit his showing up almost anywhere can be intimidating, especially first playthru before you become OP.

Weapons are just mostly meaning less once you fully upgrade the shotgun. The beam is ok if you dont mind the long wait time, which why would you. It's clear they wanted a lot of the offensive options to be neural mod focused, but theyre so generic it barely makes use of them over the shotgun worthwhile

He might be the guy who's obsessed with the original Prey and hates anything to do with this one even though they're very different besides the titles.

Prey 2017 is fucking incredible and this thread is just depressing. People unironically claiming Prey 2006 and BioShock were anything other than mediocre.

Prey surpassed even System Shock 2 and made me feel the way System Shock 1 and Deus Ex did when I first played those. I can't imagine System Shock 3 will top it.

>fanbase

IMO they should have retroactively added mooncrash shit into the main game.

It's one guy whose been spamming shit since release.

This game totally flew under the radar for me these past two years. Not sure why, guess just because I never saw it talked about on Yea Forums. Or maybe I just mentally filtered all mentions of Prey since I remember being hyped for the *actual* Prey 2 game that was slated to come out years ago that dropped off the face of the earth and became vaporware.

But now people are telling me it's a legit game in the same style as Deus Ex, System Shock, and those types of games, which are right down my alley. I bought it and mooncrash during the sale. Planning on playing it after I upgrade my PC in a few weeks.

Attached: Alex neck.jpg (393x415, 90K)

>dat feel when you realize Arkane was actually working on System Shock 3 years ago before EA pulled the plug on it

Literally just finished replaying it yesterday and its great.

Attached: Bigdaddy-bioshock.png (300x317, 148K)

mooncrash was pretty fun and despite any of my complaints, I did enjoy playing Prey 3 times. Ive started a few runs to do the specific achievements for all human vs all typhon neural mods, but I usually just get 2-3 hrs in an get bored.

Tfw love both Prey
Fucking fight me

I think it flopped at launch but the word of mouth has been very good. Maybe even enough for it to become a moderate success.
The fact that they made DLC for it is a good sign. Would not be surprised if a sequel is in the works. It's a shame that Arkane's president quit though.

You're retarded, but here's the thing: reboots have a bad reputation (mostly for good reason). So the fact that Prey 2017 was seemingly a reboot was already a mark against it. Even if the original Prey had -10 fans, many people who never played it would still regard a "reboot" with suspicion. Of course, the whole thing was retarded brand exploitation by Bethesda, and the two games are totally unrelated. It's really Bethesda's fault, has nothing to do with any fanbase. People who obsess over fanbases are tribalistic brainlets.

It's a good game for 10 hours, then you realize character development is nonexistent because every character is a black lesbian muslim, there's 4 voice actors for the entire crew and none of the characters exist beyond their sexual orientation.
There's litterally 5 homosexual couples mentioned in the game and only one heterosexual.
It wouldn't matter if characters werent so fucking flat. Unlike bioshock, prey does a terrible job of building its world and characters, even though the gameplay itself is better, it pales in comparison to characters like andrew ryan.
Having the main villain be an autistic alien species isn't really scary when you kill them in droves.

>the Fatman of Disapproval looks in your direction

He only wanted what was best for you.

You mean for Yu.

>none of the characters exist beyond their sexual orientation.
>There's litterally 5 homosexual couples mentioned in the game and only one heterosexual.
you didn't play prey

What the flying fuck are you even talking about, the only homosexual relationship I could find was between the two asien women and even there it's not shoved in your face or anything. Shut the fuck up you obsessed retard, go for some actual SJW games instead.

>because every character is a black lesbian muslim
Factually untrue.

Attached: 1564427646515.jpg (499x499, 103K)

yuyuyuyu

The after credits ending sequence is too short and abrupt, otherwise good game.

Danielle sho, chief elazar, the MC, two guys in deep storage, and the cook.

Shut the fuck up, retard.

After playing both SS2 & Prey, Bioshock feels like a casualised version of both. Not that I don't like them, but it is what it is.

Attached: nah.webm (320x240, 497K)

Fuck Yu

Honestly they are not even similar.
I love both games, they both did a lot of interesting things with a well used formula, and they both had a sense of style.

But they were nothing alike at all. It's really stupid they reused the name.

Should have called nuPrey Talos I or something instead.

Wrong. Only Sho and her clam toy were gay. Yu doesn't count because you choose which gender therefore neither can be considered canonical.

See
More than half of the cast is black people with silly fucking names because arkane is obsessed with appearing politically correct rather than giving them actual identities.

Neither of you did anything to refute my points though, no wonder you're marketing interns

>chief elazar, the MC, two guys in deep storage, and the cook.
None of them are homosex

Not him but I didnt mind the Sho one, since that one actually gets some attention and even has a mission. Cant speak for the rest since I tune most of it out.

I'll give you the MC but
>the two guys in storage literally make anal sex jokes
>elazar's girlfriend dies
>cook's boyfriend is mentioned in a mail

>elazar
>silly name
It's literally a biblical name, you dumb nigger.

>6 in a crew of a 100 are degenerates
>4 out of those 6 are not even confirmed homos
you didn't play Prey.

Enemy design was fucking dogshit. Nothing interesting at all.

And the prey anti-hero turns up EVERY TIME to try and push people away from the game.

Nobody cares whether they are or they aren't
The point is that's all that defines them
Prey characters do not exist beyond their sexualities "oh no my wife/boyfriend/fuckboi died a horrible death". There was an attempt with Sho and Mikhaila and Dayo but all of them have litterally only one aspect to them.
>danielle is angry with the Yus
>Dayo is a failed scientist
>mikhaila is dying
That's it. That's all there is to them.
This in turn makes the world building far, far worse than in bioshock, considering half the game is spent listening to audiologs.

>>the two guys in storage literally make anal sex jokes
so banter?
>>elazar's girlfriend dies
lmao what?
>>cook's boyfriend is mentioned in a mail
False, again.

Looks like you didn't play the game at all. Old Prey got shitcanned and the IP won't see the light of day. Get over it and move on.

I mean, he clearly has played prey if he knows all this shit.

>>nobody plays it because Bethesda forced them to change the title to make it look like a salvaged Prey sequel

If you were here at launch Yea Forums flung shit at this game.

But because it floppped and is actually a good game once Yea Forums bought the game on 80% off sales it's now ok to like it.

Attached: 1434875942683.gif (260x152, 1.98M)

shut the fuck up. nobody even remembered the original preygame. i played through it a few months before Prey was announced, and it was NOTHING SPECIAL. NOBODY REMEMBERS IT, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN BUY IT ANYMORE. SHUT THE FUCK UP.

>criticize the gameplay and world building
>nobody says anything
>mention the gays
>the 4 interns jump at this chance to right this wrong for good boy points because everything they say is monitored and they might not get a free bubble tea at the canteen

Because the combat (gameplay is not the same as combat but I understand your smoothbrain logic here) actually deserves criticism, while your attempt to make the world building and characters look bad by making up some fanatical homosexual agenda is stupid and deserves to be dismantled and/or ridiculed.

>Love this game and wish there was more games with this level of freedom and depth
>Would like to discuss it with some anons
>All Prey threads are "IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS SS" or "BIOSHOCK WAS BETTER LMAO"
Why the fuck, whenever there is something legit good, and has unironically soul and passion, you have this stream of colossal faggots that feel the need to shit their contrarian opinion for the sake of feeling smart.
I've never seen a legit and serious complaint that demonstrated the critizing person has even played the game. It has flaws tied to minigames, some game mechanics and enemies behavior, but nobody harps about those, it's all the same stale memes repeated just to piss off people that enjoy the game.

Attached: 1547825873051.jpg (451x452, 13K)

>make up stupid shit to bait people into replying
>wooow why are they replying lmao look at them
Nobody said anything about the combat because most people itt already admitted that it was easily the worst part of the game.

>talks shit about a game he knows nothing about
>gets corrected
>double down on saying stupid shit.
this nigger is fucking dumb.

Attached: ww.jpg (200x200, 6K)

The fact that I can't ADS really bothers me, I understand with the science guns but not being able to ADS with the pistol/ shotgun for some super slick powerslide magdumps really sucks.

It's literally one person, in every thread. Not even joking, he has a genuine mental illness.

Wrong. Last week it was me, not OP. Listing off some names on only proves that youre obssessed, not that you played the game

>Shits on Prey and Bioshock
>Revives the immersive sim genre
youtube.com/watch?v=aioSgRWipKM

Attached: 1552974594_518005_1552974627_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 84K)

>shotgun ads

you disgust me

Here's the real flaw, they say that the box contains blinis, but blinis are not that small, that's some bullshit right here.

Attached: 20190729195645_1.jpg (1920x1080, 190K)

Pls no. This one will be fucking horrendous.

>System Shock 3
HOLY FUCK YES
>Made with UNITY
HOLY FUCK NO

Attached: 1541530744186.png (424x405, 197K)

Attached: 34543.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

There's no reason to disgusted. You can simply not use it.

>Only restore as much health as a banana
If it was my babushka blinis it would repack me like the fucking medbots

yu isnt a merc or a soldier hes a fucking nerd
From a gameplay perspective i completely agree but i think it makes sense

the monkey paw strikes yet again

Attached: MMD_810719_1e48326e2ccd429e91f68f2dd34a5449_futbol_si_tuvieramos_la_mano_del_mono_ahora_mismo_thumb_ (2350x1230, 278K)

>get prey
>play it with no audio because im sick of bullshit story crap, i just want a fun shooter
>get completely lost after getting the first ending at the gardens
i know i fucked up but im still angry att the game

>boltcaster

Literally what is that thing good for? Recycled it instantly

Stealth, activating buttons and computer screens at a distance.

Neither am I, but every time I've shot a gun IRL I've been able to aim down the weapons sights.

you can press buttons on terminals that you can't reach with the darts.

I played no neuromod run and it helped me with opening several doors.

Do some research before buying games you fucking idiot

Attached: 1477692921444.png (800x800, 129K)

>play it with no audio because im sick of bullshit story crap, i just want a fun shooter
>Playing a story driven im sim for the shooting
It's like playing call of duty for the puzzles

triggering the things that explode into motion detecting mimic mines. then making the mines explode on nothing. also pressing buttons you cant reach.

>play it with no audio because im sick of bullshit story crap
>play it with no audio

why would you do this?

distracting Typhon I guess? Never used it either
Its easier to just throw whatever object is on hand

You can use it to open doors, shoot the touchpads. Basically everything that you can "push" like a button or whatever, can be activated by shooting it with a dart.

Im not one of these autists calling the game a sim so i dont see why you think that matters

>HURRR YOU DIDNT PLAY ITTT DURRR
Keep focusing on that argument if you want, it's all you've done for the last 6 posts anyway

What gameplay is there other than combat and listening to audiologs? Is there a part of the game i'm not aware of that isn't hacking, because if you're referring to stealth it's so fucking pointless we might as well not be talking about it.

>projecting

Prey and Bioshock both have their own qualities, but Prey is far less polished than bioshlock ever was. It's a fun game still, don't get me wrong, but it will NEVER be anywhere near as influential as BS was.
Also
>whining about people saying BS is better
>but not about the retards who said prey was better than bioshock in the first place

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (396x170, 59K)

It can open doors but I can reach them with the mimic power anyways and the 4 inventory slots are more valuable to me than like 8 psi.

Trigger the radioactive nest. It kills the kamikadze shits as well in a chain reaction. Unironically the best weapon in the GUTS.
Activate remotely doors
Active remotely computers
Knock off shit for fun
Mimic check

You have no imaginiation user

>he actually bought the game he hates
this is the gift that keeps on giving.

Attached: 1542058295689.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

System Shock > Deus Ex > Prey > Thief > Thief 2 > Mankind Divided > System Shock 2 > Human Revolution > Dishonored > Ultima Underworld > Arx Fatalis > Dark Messiah of Might and Magic > BioShock > Thief 3 > Invisible War

Attached: frog.png (640x374, 205K)

Take your pills you lunatic.

So what are some of the good "immersive sim" games Yea Forums?
>Deus Ex/HR/MD
>System Shock
>Prey
???
Also how does System Shock compare to SS2? Is the Enhanced Edition on Steam worth it or did they butcher the original game while enhancing it?

Attached: prey-3840x2160-morgan-yu-female-4k-2962.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)

You think he has some autistic screenshot folder with hundreds upon hundreds of pictures trying to make the game look bad or something? He's completely crazy if you ask me.

What the fuck is Thief doing here?

When did I say I hate Prey?

Dishonored is good too. I ended up playing them since I liked Prey.

The game sold 2 million copies, so some people did play it. It also didn't help that it has atrocious loading times and the PC launch was a buggy mess.

Your posting format is very recognizable.

Attached: coke addict.jpg (1297x147, 26K)

Some of those really don't belong there, especially Thief and Dark Messiah.

If you strecth the immersive sim definition it fits.
A game heavily focused on mechanics, player agency and dynamic AI interactions in a 1st person perspective.

I hated Dishonored but really liked Prey.

i don't think he has one
i KNOW he does.

It's okay. I just played it about a month ago. I like the setting (even if it's not particularly unique) and the zero-g stuff was fun. Gloo gun was a dumb gimmick and the story was lackluster. More importantly the enemy designs were trash and the game didn't offer as much freedom as people seem think. I enjoyed it but I'm definitely glad I didn't pay much for it.

What didn't you like about it?

>THIS DUDE USES PUNCTUATION, SURELY IT'S THAT COKE ADDICT I SAW IN THAT OTHER THREAD

Your autism is worrying. Also, i'm 26 and never did any drugs other than weed.
Well, I did smoke crack once by accident, to be fair

Same here. I absolutely despised Dishonored even though I gave it an honest chance, but I love Prey.

You're digging yourself deeper, moron

Attached: 1506838383401.png (335x261, 3K)

Just read up further in the thread, he really thinks people aren't noticing his samefagging and falseflagging.
>new Deus Ex and Dishonored that high
Garbage taste.

As a fan or prey who bought dishonored but hasnt yet booted it up i too ask this question

None of my points were refuted in any other way than "nah, this character's not gay" which is
1) Besides the point I was making originally, which is that characters are blank canvases with zero depth other than one special thing about them
2) Too long (and also pointless) to argue about

Have this as a free reminder. You're stuck on level 2.

Attached: grahams-grading-og-disagrrement-argument.jpg (1288x962, 124K)

Uninteresting story and world, Teleports make exploration a joke, absolutely braindead AI (even though the enemies in Prey are stupid too it's just really irritating to see it in a stealth game with human enemies).

level three* fug :-DDD

>STILL shilling for nu-prey
>game goes to shit in the last third of the game
>FORCES PLAYERS TO LISTEN TO HOUR LONG DYKE PROPAGANDA AUDIOLOGS
get this gay propaganda faggotry off my board

>Makind Divided that high
>Mankind Divided above System Shock 2
>System Shock on first place
this is like a contrarian/non-contrarian opinion all in one.
makes me feel disgusted just by looking at it.

Attached: 1545096000002.gif (200x200, 3.14M)

Stop shitting up every Prey thread you fat schizo.

>nobody plays it because Bethesda forced them to change the title to make it look like a salvaged Prey sequel
user, 99% of gamers had no idea the original ever existed.

Different user here. My experience is that in Dishonored, being primarily stealth, you're encouraged to avoid all the interesting stuff, mainly because enemies are strong and you can die fast. (At least on hard mode). In Prey, you're encouraged to ambush the creatures and engage with as much as possible. You can walk around and interact with props much more frequently and safely as well.

>the autist keeps digging himself deeper
this stopped being funny, it's sad.
you sound like a Warframe player in denial.

I bought the game on sale a week ago, have been binging it for 4 days.
I like it, it's not as good as bioshock IMO for the opinions i've listed, if you don't agree with those either come up with valid retorts or say nothing? Litterally everything you've said thus far is assumptions and projections.

Which makes the marketing even more confusing. Fans are angry that it isn't a Prey sequel, non-fans have no idea what the game is about because most of the ads talk about the original Prey.

Also great for kamikazing cysts

Good, because I wasn't attempting to be funny.
You STILL haven't said anything other than "haha ur dumbe" that makes any sense.
Don't @ me

you dont have to listen to them user
not everyone is as ignorant as you user

For a board concerned with core gameplay and almost everything else above story, they sure do like attacking Prey's narrative.

Attached: mosley_gamer.jpg (268x268, 18K)

based

>Are desperate nuPrey fans the most pathetic fanbase currently on Yea Forums?
No, that would be people who pretended Prey 2006 was anything more than a generic shooter with some roof puzzles, or that anybody gave a shit about it. Literally ZERO threads about the game in my ten-years of being here until Bethesda's Prey came around.

Do you genuinely not realize that we can tell by your formating and writing style that you're the same person? Are you that fucking retarded?

> I wasn't attempting to be funny
holy shit so you were actually serious all this time?

Attached: dce.jpg (720x483, 50K)

I've never seen a more pathetic samefagging reply chain, are these threads always like this? How come this guy isn't notorious by now? He's almost as bad as the Warframe schizo.

My save file is soft locked because there is an Operator stuck at the bottom of one of those gravity shafts. Every time I try to got down I get stuck on its head and cant do anything.

>Further assumptions and projections

If you were that good at psychology user, you'd be a millionaire by now. There's roughly a fifth of Yea Forums users that talk the same way I do because guess what
>formatting makes posts easier to read and triggers morons who don't have anything to say other than haha ure autistik

There's been dozens of posts now calling you out because all your posts can be immediately recognized, you're fucking embarrassing yourself.

what grav shaft?
i can only think of a handful that you actually need to use

Well, here's what I think about Prey: I think it's superior to Bioshock in many ways more than one. You have more options to tackle situations, the environment reacts better to your actions, and the level design is better.

Game glitched out majorly on me twice, softlocking me out of progression. It was major bugs though, not collision stuff. Did you try using recycler grenades? Also, most grav shafts have an alternate path.

People use whatever's convenient to shitpost. They don't care about games, they care about being right and/or making people mad

Attached: 1554788442970.png (248x265, 77K)

System Shock 1 is a lot better than SS2 in my opinion but it requires you to take some time to get used to the controls. The Enhanced Edition is just a source port, it also adds SS2 style mouse look by default. I think the original control scheme is superior but most people disagree. When playing it I would suggest:

>set the render mode to Software
>play at 1280x960, 1920x1440 or another direct multiple of 640x480 because otherwise the hud will be stretched and look disgusting
>go into the Modifications menu on the main menu and select DOS Faces for the original portraits

Attached: sshock 2018-09-07 18-15-15-58.png (640x480, 74K)

Genuinely underaged or BR, I'm not sure.

I feel like this might be the same guy who shits up the Fallout General on /vg/.
His posting style is exactly like this, always parsing a new line and never separating properly.

>dozens of posts
>by this user

I can understand anything but uninteresting world.
The setting is probably the best thing about the series, probably wasted more than anything.

Got this game on sale in the past couple of weeks, and had a blast with it. Ran it on hard, and I can see why normal could have been too easy for a lot of people

>liked the original Prey for what it was
>played nuPrey recently and loved it while acknowledging it has no relation to the original
Is this that unique?

Any reliable ways of fucking up the Moonshark? His rock armor pisses me the fuck off.

From the Psychotroncs lab, the one that leads down into the lockers with phantoms all over them.

It's extra annoying because the Operator says cheeks shit when I get stuck to her.
>"Oh, I didn't see you there."
>"Am I in your way?"

Spells are the only thing that I found consistently worked. I just ran past them when possible though

no
any rational person would and did do this
its just not something you can shitpost about so you dont see anybody saying that

It's cute how he thinks people don't recognize it. I think has the right idea.

No thats my experience 100% as well. They both feel like totally separate games that are each good for their own reasons.

Throw a Recycler Charge at her.

>still failing to understand anything i've said
Are you going to keep on repeating yourself like a fucking retarded parrot for the entire night or are you going to come up with something that makes any sense at all?
Do you really think I want to take my time to point out every of your 6 posts where you've been saying the exact same thing ?
You're really not as smart as you think, user.
Grow up.

Sure the gameplay is better, but IMO the most important thing is how memorable the game is and how many things it brought to the table. As fun as prey is for a few hours, i think it just falls extremely flat.
The (true) ending was the only really memorable thing about the game, as predictable as it was.
>the level design is better
ehhhhhhhh. Everything is so fucking samey, places don't really look that much different from each other than the arboretum.
I'd agree with you if stealth was more encouraged, but the game is far too easy for that.

i thought it might be that one
you dont sound like you want to play it but if you do try a recycler charge like user suggested

low effort shill thread. Results go back as far as 2017

Attached: low effort.jpg (1415x763, 209K)

I tried, it ejects out of the grav lift too fast and does not hit her. No matter how I throw it the charge gets locked into the grav shaft and moves along a set route that always misses.

The ONLY reason why there's even any problem is because Bethesda is fucking retarded and forced Arkane to name it "Prey".

You were supposed to be playing as Danielle Sho (wonder what happens when you re-arrange the name, hmm) and the game was supposed to be called something like Psycho Shock.

You realize that's just the Steam header, right?

That's the Steam picture, smoothbrain.

>about thirty posts attacking a would be samefag that I've never seen before despite being in every prey thread i've seen because i love the game and was disappointed in the DLC
>all those callouts say the exact same thing

hmmm :^)

I agree with that other user that the level design is better. its much more open than all 3 Bioshocks, all the areas in Prey are larger and theres more ways to get around them. Not to mention Prey actually has some verticality, and using the air pack to jump off a balcony is always a blast.

We can still tell, bucko.

>we
ok shill :^)

shit, that blows
sorry user

Pathetic.

>but IMO
So this whole argument for prey being shittier than bioshock is based on preference and subjectivity? Lmao, okay dude.
>Everything is so fucking samey,
I doubt that, but it should be expected. You're on a space station, after all.
It's very well realized and it is the best example of a space station I've seen in a video game.

Well I'd agree with you that it's good but first I need to take a moment to play a long and very cringy audio log of a lesbian asking another lesbian out.

>When do you follow? Where do you lead?
youtube.com/watch?v=cpKM0S37Ujo
I like it

Attached: semisacredgeometry.jpg (800x450, 42K)

@472927367
"no u"
Hahahahaha

i looked through the conversation and its always been about opinion
stop being unpleasant for no reason

We can STILL tell, dude.

Im utterly convinced that anyone who comes into the threads about this game to even mention the completely unrelated 2006 PREY as if they had literally anything in common or were intended to have an IQ of under 80

>That game looked horrid and was you generic run of the mill 3rd person cover shooter.
>generic run of the mill 3rd person cover shooter.
>of the mill 3rd person cover
>3rd person
Well at least we know you’ve never seen any of Prey 2’s trailers because that shit was very clearly 1st person retard. Next time try talking out of your mouth and not your ass.

The only real problem I have with this game is the name, other than that it's a solid 8/10, one of the better games these past couple years

?

Attached: cringe.png (372x60, 2K)

On that note, the lyrics of Semi Sacred Geometry are totally random and mean nothing right?

Attached: 20190729142046_1.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

Everyone mentioning it is pretty much only doing so to mention how dissimilar it is to the original. Like you did.

What is this game? I played it for an hour and it felt like single player prop hunt so I uninstalled it.

It's System Shock 3 in everything but name, you apparently don't have the attention span for it

I'm replaying the first game before playing the second

I forgot how much dry fucking books about whaling there are

why are there so many dry books about whaling

because there is no fucking "original", there is prey in 2006 and a game that has literally nothing to do with the old game with the same fucking name because of how retarded bethesda is, aka why anyone who comes into these threads to mention the 2006 game in any fucking capacity has kindergarten tier intellect

>nobody:
>LITERALLY not a single person on the internet:
>post number 472946867: I have a small dick and a small brain

weird flex but okay

oh yes prey the game that it did not deliver and already got btfo by narbacular drop.

>not posting the best version

youtube.com/watch?v=CtvWSAw69A0

>Catalog
not him but dude theyre both games and this is the vidya board
of course people are gonna bring it up
especially when you consider the contentious history of the franchise

I dropped it around the time I got to the crew quarters. My main gripe was the enemies were all annoying to fight and the setting felt like a worse version of what was in Alien Isolation. The game wasn't bad by any means but just wasn't for me.

This is the cringiest fucking thing I've read all summer. Fuck off back to facebook meme pages.

It wasn't terrible. It was too long and was somewhat aimless.

No I value my time so I won't spend it on trash, thanks for clearing that up!

you must be fun at parties

>too long
What the fuck? My biggest complaint is that it's way too short.

>shits up the Fallout general
Nigger that general is already shit what the fuck are you on about?

Here's your (You).

It was good but the twist was a bit obvious, and it's also plain to see that the canon going forward will be the bad ending.

>The game was a bit too easy
How? This game was so frustrating for me, towards the end i costantly had to run from enemies, basically did no damage to them, i probably fucked up my run somehow.
Also that ending was fucking retarded

>Prey and Bioshock both have their own qualities, but Prey is far less polished than bioshlock ever was.
Bioshock has far worse gunplay and movemnt than Prey despite being a corridor FPS entirely focused on shooting.

Attached: 1550873895109.jpg (641x530, 36K)

It doesn't remotely beat Bioshock in atmosphere and overall artistic design. It's a great game but that is either a lie or piss poor taste.

Fun fact, the song is written and sung by the game's director Raphaël Colantonio aka the founder of Arkane.
youtube.com/watch?v=rLyoXplpM5Y

Attached: youvebeenpsychoshocked.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

void bastards is fucking kino

Did you never recycle things and make ammo?

Talos is at least as grandiose and well designed as Rapture
and unlike Rapture you can look at it from the outside

Far worse gunplay?? It's litterally the exact same

Except that's wrong?

>Unlike bioshock, prey does a terrible job of building its world and characters

>bioshock
>good world building and characters

>the task of harvesting dangerous chemicals is left to 8-year old girls
>we are expected to take this seriously

Literally every level follows the same formula:
>some npc contacts you
>they are conveniently locked in a room behind bulletproof, unbreakable glass so that you can see them, but not interact them (because god forbid you had actual freedom to make choices)
>the level is locked off until you agree to do something for them. only then does the level open up
>after doing that thing and returning to them, some calamity occurs that kills that npc (e.g. they are attacked by a splicer, or andrew ryan injects poisonous glass in the room that npc is in)
>finally, another part of the level opens up
>some combat setpiece or terrible boss fight starts

This makes it impossible to take the story seriously with how artificial and contrived it is. What also doesn't help, is the heavy reliance on people constantly communicating over radios, which completely kills any sense of solititude or creepiness Rapture could have had.
The silent protagonist in SS1/SS2 made sense because everyone was dead, people could only talk to you through one-way emails. In Bioshock people are constantly talking to you, either behind bulletproof glass or over the radio, so your silence makes absolutely no sense

The plot twist is impossible to take seriously. It's supposed be this deep commentary on player agency, but here's the thing: there is not even an illusion of player agency. They dumbed down the System Shock formula so much that level design is completely linear and you get more than enough ADAM to max out everything, so there are no meaningful upgrade choices to be made. The plot twist that you've been controlled all along and forced into performing these actions doesn't work because the game never provided an alternative to do anything else.

Attached: 1489271c5641f8914ba41acd36755c5e4d7c6cb00725148639e100e7741543cd.jpg (554x554, 87K)

I don't know, for amount of content and situations it felt really long. Not because 8-10 hour games are long, but because you see the most interesting stuff right away, and really cool situation happen like once in about 15 ships.
It's like a great short 30 minutes movie stretched into a kinda boring 2-hour film with a lot of filler.

>Far worse gunplay?? It's litterally the exact same
Bioshock's guns have very little punch or weight while at the same time getting hit covers the screen in obnoxious particle effects that obscure everything. And you move like you're wading through molasses.

Prey's gunpaly isn't great, but it's at least not actively annoying. And unlike Bioshock, there are alternatives to shooting in Prey.

It's one or two desperate shills.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/yIIu-v9wmbYlWeIB3MHVow/

kys shill

Attached: 15634977165.gif (333x194, 1.82M)

>you see the most interesting stuff right away
not him but i didnt find the game really engaging until i got a few bastards in, in the deeper part of the nebula

Stop samefagging schizo, it's the Steam header you retard, nobody will fall for it no matter how many times you post it.

I got a bit excited when I hit the twist in BioShock because I thought maybe it was finally going to let go of my hand and let me make my own decisions.
Nope. Game just got exponentially worse at that point.

No one is falling for your shit threads shill. Get some new content.

Attached: file.png (1086x698, 310K)

I think the problem with story isn't that. It's the fact that after the twist, once you get out of mind control nothing changes. You still do shit people tell you to do. Hero still has no agency of his own.
If it's a play on "in videogames protagonists are like marionettes", a meta critique - it's a really half-assed one, really.
Levin came up with this cool idea, but he didn't do anything with it, just said "you know, in shooters there are no choices and players only do things we tell them to do! It's not great, see?' Well, cool, are you going to do anything with it, give player actual control? Oh. Then I guess your point is hollow.

Use the term "shilling" appropriately. When many agree it's a good game and have enjoyed it, some even more so than Bioshock or System Shock, then it's not really shilling is it?
> It's one or two
Look at the IP count, negroid.

Somewhat, sure, but at the same time you already saw too much at that point and kinda "go with the groove". I don't know, last two depths felt overlong. Second one and maybe the third one felt better.

>little sisters

Well, here's something I wish I didn't remember.

I understand your point of view but it's not really adressing what I said - you're free to do whatever you want in prey, but the world is fucking boring. All audiologs are about stuff that conveniently happened, barely anything is "WORLD building" as in not related to the game.
That's where bioshock was different - enemies, especially bosses, had a lot of thought put into them and their behaviour / personality.

I agree about the "stuck in gameplay" part, but I don't really care at all desu

You realize the game was on a big sale at that time, right? And that all these pictures are from the Steam store page, yes? Are things coming together in your smoothbrain by now? How about the fact that the fucking game is 3 years old and there's no point in shilling it now? Still nothing?

>Levin came up with this cool idea
It wasn't even a new idea, he literally just copy-pasted the twist from System Shock 2, where Shodan pretends to be a human survivor who contacts you, gives you objectives and awards you cybrnetic modules for clearing those objectives which let you upgrade your character. The difference is that SS2 still gave the player some agency and didn't beat the player over the head with how 'deep' its twist was.

Attached: 1544127765560.gif (320x287, 982K)

>That's where bioshock was different - enemies, especially bosses, had a lot of thought put into them and their behaviour / personality.
Of all the dumb shit you've been posting so far this one probably takes the cake.

I'd like it more if it didn't crash to desktop all the fucking time with a new error every time.
It's 100% a Bethesda and Arkane product, that's for sure.

Attached: angry dad.jpg (465x498, 54K)

>That's where bioshock was different - enemies, especially bosses, had a lot of thought put into them and their behaviour / personality.

99% of Bioshock enemy design:
>melee splicer
>hitscan splicer
>big daddy (aka stronger hitscan enemy)

The remaining 1% is the odd projectile throwing enemy, which you can't dodge anyway, because you move like a grandma.

The dumbest thing is that Rapture's downfall supposedly happened because everyone got hooked on plasmid powers, yet none of the splicers use plasmids against you (except for the odd houdini splicer, who are only introduced at the halfway point and just one kind of generic plasmid).

Prey's enemies might look like boring blobs, but they are a billion times more varied and distinctive than Bioshock enemies. Also, Prey actually has alive NPCs you can interact with, as opposed to Bioshock.

Attached: 1551998688553.png (680x680, 124K)

Why is this retard still not banned?

This post was better than bioshock and SS2.

This post was even better than system shock 2 and bioshock.

I love Prey(tm) and I love Bethesda. Did you know there's a sale going on for Prey(tm) right now, only on the Bethesda Store(R)?

the gameplay loop isnt for everyone, i suppose i agree with you that it gets repetitive a little fast
i got a real kick out of pillaging derelict vessels though

....I'm talking about their personalities, not the way they attack, genius.
Who the fuck are you?

Yeah, I wanted to write that also, but I think that in SS2 the twist comes too early. Presentation is amazing and the concept of "you were lied to and now have to work with this hostile AI" is really cool, though. And yeah, the twist felt natural, not like "here author makes his statement with this scene".
I don't mind those, actually, but he just didn't do anything with it. Most likely he just didn't know how to follow-up on it - and that's why last hours of the game are so boring.
He should have just ended the game with MC literally bashing his skull against the wall, just like that bad guy orders. Now that would make for a killer ending that leaves players with something to think about stuff. Instead of wasting time and giving people more of the same but worse and with a straight face.

>....I'm talking about their personalities
Their personalities are retarded. It's another thing Bioshock does worse than its predecessors. Whereas the things the hybrids in System Shock 2 would say were creepy and unnerving, the splicers in Bioshock are just obnoxious and can't seem to shut the hell up with their generic taunts.

Yes, there's something really satisfying about it. But I wish it was a part of a bigger game. Or that you had your base to walk around, to actually see what you are fighting for.

Rapture fell because people were abusing ADAM, not power-granting plasmids specifically
im pretty sure the average citizen was more into body modification than weaponizing themselves
remember all the ads for Sportboost? I think they were more into gene tonics and such

i still agree with you though that it feels like a huge plothole and its a shame that theres not splicers setting you on fire or shocking you
took them til the third game to even try that

>to see what youre fighting for
youre fighting to escape the nebula
and the reason behind you doing that is intentionally obscure
im not saying its good storytelling im just saying its intentional

Okay. I'm talking about the fact that characters in audio logs have actual personalities and opinions.
They're not just blank robot archetypes like NPCs in prey are. And I'm talking about ALL npcs, not just enemies.

>Rapture fell because people were abusing ADAM, not power-granting plasmids specifically
>im pretty sure the average citizen was more into body modification than weaponizing themselves
The only ads we see in rapture are for offensive plasmids that the player gets to acquire.

Bioshock's setting is completely retarded style over substance nonsense, there's no way around it.

Attached: 90c61339f82c25f0c0ecbe04bb7dbb25.jpg (512x819, 87K)

not him but id say the audiologs in prey and bioshock are pretty comparable

Sure, but having something of a base that you can visit (optionally) would make the loop less samey. Especially since derelicts start repeating over and over.

The idea that people in rapture would record their most innermost thoughts, including confessions of having commitd war crimes, on cassettes or gramophones or whatever they use there, and then just drop them in public places, is mindboggingly stupid.

At least in System Shock/Prey you can justify it as them being on a research station and recording their thoughts during work.

I didn't even know there was a game called Prey before this one when I played it and I don't give a single fuck about system shock or bioshock. Prey 2017 is just great regardless of any of these other games.

Coping Bioshlock nigger.

that cant be right
theres ads for sportsboost and other gene tonics
or am i just remembering how ads would play over the PA?
youre right about style over substance though

You may be right. I don't remember any though. If they're in the game, they're certainly in the minority.

nuts, i cant find any images on gene tonic ads
i may have to boot that shit up

Immersive sims are fucking pretentious gargabe.
Glad i played doom, quake, duke, unreal, half life, blood, shadow warrior instead.

>played both growing up
Get on my level, scrub.

>Bethesda made a scummy corporate move but in the end what we got was the best case scenario.
We still would have gotten Arkane's Prey even if Human Head's sequel hadn't gotten shitcanned.

what makes you say that

System shock 1/2 > prey > BioShock 2 > Bioshock

SS1 > Prey > SS2 > BS > BS2

Because Arkane's Prey was already in development and only got the Prey name stuck to it after Prey 2 was canned?

it wouldnt have been prey then
call me autistic if you want

Prey is worse than all of them.

Good joke.

Yo since we have a Prey thread I want to ask a quick question. The "tests" that occur at the beginning of the game. What's the point of them? What are the scientists trying to figure out?
When they ask Morgan to hide and then ask him to jump over the waist high wall, are they expecting him to turn into a Typhon?

Why?
Explain yourself

you beat the game right?
theyre expecting him to display mimic behavior and hide by mimicking the chair

>it wouldnt have been prey then
I never said it was, we just don't know what the initial title was so there's nothing else to call it. Also you're an idiot.

Morgan was using himself as a test subject for Typhon neuromods so yes, that's what they were expecting. At the end of the tests they'd remove the neuromods from Morgan which causes his everything that happened since putting those mods in to be erased from his memory. On that day the scientists didn't know your neuromods weren't put back in and you had no idea what was going on due to memory loss.

You sure about that? my understanding was that Bethesda handed it to Arkane and said, "Make Prey". Arkane rebuilt the project from the ground up, but it was always meant to be Prey.

>I never said it was
you said
>we still wouldve gotten (sic) Arkane's Prey
we would have received a game of a different title by Arkane
>youre an idiot
yes

I did
But Morgan in the simulation isn't a Typhon. The Morgan in the future is.
I know Morgan was using himself to test the neuromods. So they thought he was testing out some of the mimic mods and were confused as to why he wasn't using the mimic powers?

>So they thought he was testing out some of the mimic mods and were confused as to why he wasn't using the mimic powers?
Yes.

>spoilers
the games been out for two years now so im gonna stop using them
i was under the impression that the simulation (and the tests) was being run to test how like a typhon "morgan" will behave because youre not morgan, youre a typhon that has had segments of the human genome inserted into it like they discuss doing in the audiologs

In the simulation you're human Morgan through and through. Outside of the simulation you're a Typhon who was implanted with human shit to make you understand and feel empathy.

yeah, were on the same page here. although i think the tests may have been because alex and the operators running the simulation thought morgan might somehow display their alien nature within the simulation, despite being simulated as a human. im not sure it has anything to do with mimic neuromods but that would make sense too.

Nah
As far as I remember, in the simulation timeline (a recreation of real events) they keep putting in and taking out the typhon mods to check for personality drift.

The researchers are all confuses when you solve the tests like a normal human, because the day of the outbreak, January paid some scrub to implant blank neuromods instead of the usual typhon ones

right, right. personality drift. i remember that now. thanks for reminding me.

Good sec weapons build?

Attached: tacticoolcat.jpg (1632x1224, 420K)

you bite the bait man

implying ads = sim
shouldn't you be getting ready for school soon?

Oh hey you found the thread again
i was mostly taking a potshot at everyone on this board calling every other game a sim
and everyone ITT calling the game a sim
tbqhf i agree with you that it would be nice to be able to ads but its not a big deal
by the end of the game i forgot that the imitation was even there

based, the arena fps thread is dead and this one still up. There is some justice in the world after alll.
Fuck fpscucks.

>by the end of the game i forgot that the imitation was even there
I did too honestly, but the whole time it was downloading I had just assumed you'd be able to because it's implemented in pretty much every other game involving firearms now-a-days, was quite disappointed.
>i was mostly taking a potshot at everyone on this board calling every other game a sim
and everyone ITT calling the game a sim
My bad for being rude then, I must've misread (t. leaf)
My main point of contention with the game is the originality/repetitiveness of the of the enemies.

this game is first person
there are guns

>an uninspired piece of shit where you just go around shooting black blobs
Well, found the reason why people don't wanna play this game. Everyone keep saying the same retarded shit "oh I don't like the enemies, it's just some black blobs", when in fact the typhoons are a very refreshing type of enemy, has a good lore behind it and there are multiple ways to defeat them besides point blank shooting with your standard rifle, like every generic FPS out there.

Attached: Prey Neuromods.png (633x356, 125K)

>I had just assumed you'd be able to
yeah me too, was also disappointed
>My bad for being rude then, I must've misread (t. leaf)
holy cow
are you really canadian? youre just proving the stereotype correct but im so ok with that, especially seeing it here of all places
please keep doing you and dont even feel bad for not reading the thread
>My main point of contention with the game is the originality/repetitiveness of the of the enemies.
yeah theres all of what, four varieties of typhon? and operators, and then brainwashed humans, which i wouldnt count as enemies.

What a bunch of lies, most people on Bioshock are also dead despite some main characters and enemies that you do nothing besides shooting them. None of that hurts the creepiness of the game.

>It's supposed be this deep commentary on player agency
No it's not. The game is more a political commentary than what you are implying.

>The plot twist that you've been controlled all along and forced into performing these actions doesn't work
Everyone got surprised by that and this works more like a plot device than anything.

Are you guys just making all this up?

>tfw i still have it and original box
Bliss.

the opening scene was kino admit it

>he thinks bioshock wasnt supposed to be a commentary on player agency
do some research, the devs have been very forward about this stuff
>everyone got surprised by this
i didnt and i wasnt the only one

Been playing it
Cool stuff, bland ambience. Art Deco sucks, fuck Bioshock. Enemies are boring. Graphics look strange, like putty, exactly like Bioshock even though this is CryEngine.

But it's ok.

"immersive sim" - the fuck is that? Sims in first person? Stop inventing shit that has no place to begin with.

STALKER

>do some research, the devs have been very forward about this stuff
I would appreciate some links about this.
It's not like I'm trying to convince that Bioshock doesn't have any commentary on player agency but that is not the main focus. What about the downfall of Rapture on the utopia of having a society like Ayn Rand imagined?

>he wasn't surprised with the plot twist
i'm sorry but the majority of people did, that's why it's such an acclaimed game

its the dankest new vidya meme

this term was coined years ago, retarded
it basically means having a world where you can play your own way

of course the term "simulation" was much more trendy in the 90's

>The game was a bit too easy but otherwise fucking fantastic,
You mean too hard you dumb fuck?
Since i dont know about you, but fucking insta killing teleporting enemies that can dodge your wrench blows isnt what i call easy.

Main problem of this game is that the difficulty and complexity curve is inverted.
It starts hard as fuck, puts you in impossible situations like that fight at top of elevator that you cant win unless you know its coming, and then it turns into a cake walk once you can 1 shot everything in your way yourself.
Playing it again on nightmare and survival mode again now, and its more obvious than before, early on i got 1 shot by mymics, now i can take on 4 nightmares in row farming that call for resources and im only a bit over halfway into the game.

Overall its a mediocre game, the endless backtracking, loading screens everywhere and no difficulty balance make ruin its great level design. Fucking no loading screens would help alone make the game much less tedious, since every time i have to go to do some shit and i know i have 6 loading screens to do it i instantly ignore it and just focus on main mission.

This. I love Prey and it did a lot of things better than BioShock (inventory management especially) but saying it's a flat-out improvement is just silly.
Particularly with the characters. Alex and Luka (the "Cook") are the only two really interesting ones in Prey and neither compare to Ryan, Fontaine, Tenenbaum, Cohen, or even Steinman.
BioShock's story was better too, but that's a high bar to clear. I loved Avellone's plot for Prey, it just wasn't quite as good.
I played it back near its release and replayed it in the last year and it absolutely holds up. I could go on about all the things it did wrong but 1 is still a superb game.

Attached: 1560794517971.jpg (500x403, 71K)

Prey was very good, but it's no Bioshock.

>calling it a sim
Eh, the terminology used is "immersive sim" which was coined by THE Warren Specter to describe Looking Glass games back in the day. So it may be dumb, but everyone uses it for a reason

i was just making shit up, sorry. i dont have any links nor do i know why i said that.

>thats why its such an acclaimed game
come on, its acclaimed for a lot more than its heavily forecasted second act twist

have sex

>How dare people use the official promo picture of the game to make threads about the game on this video game board
Take your pills man.

The audio logs have the same level of personal thoughts in both games, stop hating.

>then just drop them in public places, is mindboggingly stupid.
The thing is also pretty fucking huge and looks like it's heavy too. I don't know how the same person manages to spread it around in literally every single area of the game.

They're testing specific mods. The first room was to test the lift neuromod to lift the boxes, the second was to test remote manipulation to press the button, the third was to test the mimic mod to mimic the chair. They don't understand why it doesn't work because Morgan did the exact same tests at least 4 other times and always used the typhoon powers. It doesn't work because January switches the mods. There's an achivement you can get if you go back later in the game and actually do the test using the mods.

Exactly, and the Nightmare was only spooky the first time, turned into a pest afterwards. The mimics where way too similar to headcrabs from HL too, After getting mildly spooked by them the 3rd time the mimic gimmick wore off. they could've easily made larger, arachnid type ones, or ones that act like snakes, etc. To play off of peoples real life phobias. So much opportunities to create genuinely scary forms of Typhon, like imagine if the first time you hit the Atrium and theres a shadow of an arachnid looking thing projected infront of you like pic related, except its moving all fluidly and fucks off within a second of seeing it.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 19K)

yeah the nightmares became annoying after a while

It's over two decades old

I played this and BSI around the same time. Prey was amazing. Great level design, interesting stories for (most of) the characters, multiple ways to solve each problem. The perfect successor to SS2.
Then there's BSI. The combat was much better than Prey's, but everything else sucked. It felt like a series of arenas connected by bland, boring hallways with not much at all to explore.

Why was BSI so highly regarded?

Attached: bsivsprey.png (442x669, 168K)

One of my favorite games, desu. I really like it.