What was the verdict on this...

What was the verdict on this? It's like $12 on sale right now but I remember there being some discussion about it after it dropped that it wasn't too great. I played DA:O and that was okay, never played the second one.
I'm torn between either this or Dishonored, which is like $10

Attached: inquisition.jpg (1921x2560, 957K)

Its good game but I wouldn't play it if you haven't played 2

It's not a bad game per se, but open world design is horrendous. Grind, filler, filler, filler, grind. If someone cut all this shit the game would be ten times better.

I'd rather get Dishonored.

Dragon age is a great game.

>big empty maps full of nothing
>all that walking around

It sucked.

It's totally enjoyable and not very good. But a fun way to burn hours, the leveling up your Inquisition army/base is really entertaining. Got more flack than it deserves but obviously don't go into it expecting origins

I'm very permissive towards RPGs since it's my favourite genre and that game started really well but I couldn't keep on playing because of how uninteresting it was.

Defintion of eh.

It's trash, and anyone who says otherwise is an ex-Bioware fanboy straight up coping.

Just because it's not as big of an irredeemable dumpster fire as DA2 does not make it good.

Open World is one the worst gaming trends

The start of the game is a fucking slog to get through but picks up a bit once you get to Skyhold. Whoever thought it was a good idea to lock story progression behind side quests needs to die. Trespasser dlc is pretty kino, it just sucks that you have to pay for it since it sets up the sequel

I've tried to like the game, uninstalled after 5 hours, don't bother

It's worth $12. Still origins is really the only must play game.

yup it's the very definition of mediocrity.

it is shit game with boring story and horrible characters the maps are also empty

not even worth a dollar.

The only good dragon age was the first one

It's not that bad, but it's not really interesting either, the story is a dumpster fire though
I'd play Dishonored over it 100%

I mean it's a lot of content for 12 bucks if that includes the dlc

Okay, follow up question because most people are shitting on DQ:I.
Does Dishonored still hold up well?

it's the definition of generic

DA2 was more fun than this pile of dogshit.

yeah it's pretty good

dishonored is trash, dragon age is much better but its just an okay game.

it never held up to begin with

It's absolute shit and is best described as the early warning signs of Andromeda
I used to be a goddamn Bioware fanboy until they released inquisition, it's just terrible at everything, especially in comparison to origins
get Dishonored it's at least fun for a playthrough or two

DAI is a single player MMO, complete with fetch quests, checklists, and gear grind, but lacking the atmosphere and camaraderie that comes with multiplayer and makes that shlog palatable in the first place. If that sounds appealing to you, by all means, go for it.

>I used to be a goddamn Bioware fanboy until they released inquisition
>not after DA2
>not after TORtanic
>not after ME3

You deserved Inquisition

It's decent, but good luck doing a full stealth nonlethal playthrough. Some of the perks are pure rng, meaning you can absolutely get fucked out of perks that are necessary for certain playstyles.
It really would have benefited from not having any "RPG" mechanics and instead just allowing you to play however you want. Still fun though, and the story is surprisingly good.