Why aren't you playing on an HD CRT with true inky blacks and 0 input lag...

Why aren't you playing on an HD CRT with true inky blacks and 0 input lag? CRTs were made well into the HD era and many even support HDMI. What's your excuse?

Attached: image0 (2).jpg (4032x3024, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ea6tw-gulnQ?t=721
eenewsanalog.com/news/worlds-densest-microled-display-delivers-14000ppi-across-048mm
youtube.com/watch?v=eLKudh3vvsU
youtube.com/watch?v=dym6XD3-8qw
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=sony trinitron&_sacat=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inky blacks
>That image.

Attached: 42.png (631x481, 591K)

HD CRT's have the same scalar lag as any other HDTV. You got had my duder.

looks like shit, small as hell

>HD CRT
>0 input lag
Not possible unless you're doing something like feeding upscaled content into a VGA CRT or set your money on fire to get a widescreen BVM.

HD CRTs are fine for era appropriate consoles and games, and i dont have an issue with tv enthusiasts who like to collect, restore, or maintain old TVs that would just end up in a landfill, but to use it for a modern console is just plain grognard retardation

You know the Switch background is grey right retard.
It's 31 inches retard.

They're heavy as fuck, and I don't have space for one.

Don't care. They make 70 inches 4k OLED screens.

Enjoy your input lag.

Non-issue.

CRTs can do 4k too

lol

seriously, user

Is this a dorm room or did the mental hospital allow you to decorate your room? If it's the former, you're too young to speak on anything, let alone an era who know nothing about. If the latter, I can see how you'd think crt are good....they're not. I'm 31 and dont ever again want to see a giant ass screen that's heavy as all fuck and looks like mud. No thanks.

Nah I'll play on my 50" plasma tv that I payed 50$ for.

Attached: 31.png (462x272, 176K)

Attached: l49d4.gif (320x240, 1.13M)

what the fuck am I reading

Attached: 32.png (443x275, 167K)

There's no theoretical reason the technology couldn't do 4K, it just died before it ever materialized. The resolution got as high as 2304 x 1440 on later computer monitors.

So in the physical, material world, there are no 4k CRTs. We are in agreement.

prove it then.

so you're saying there's no CRT that can do 4k?
aight

Im sure you could have fit more lingo in there

Yeah I phrased it poorly.

Wtf is "true inky black"

Please explain user

Attached: 1564337065238.jpg (555x563, 47K)

>switch
>sticker with good on it
How about no

On your LED/LCD tv have you ever noticed if you have it on with nothing displaying its still glowing? Its because that tech cant control individual pixels so if the screen is on the backlight is showing though all meaning none of the pixels can show a true black like some technologies can.

TECHNICALLY this is correct since a CRT monitor does not have a native fixed resolution so it can actually display a 4k resolution. Text gonna look real small but it can do it. An LCD or OLED monitor trying to go above its max resolution will shit itself and fail to display.

It means if you have your display on in a dark room and the screen is black, there will be no glow whatsoever. And without some auto dim feature.

My other Switch dock’s USB ports died one day when I pulled out the tablet while it was using the Ethernet adapter.

what are you using to get it on your crt? just a hdmi to composite?

No it has HDMI.

Attached: 1E3D6592-CFD2-451C-8CDC-9B2DA748CF79.jpg (713x428, 70K)

still waiting on that proof.

Real gamers can compensate for lag.

god damn it. i have a sanyo but it only goes up to 480i component

Proof of what? Google it retard.

I do though, among many other TV's that I own for certain systems.

Attached: DSCN1486.jpg (3264x2448, 516K)

I think what he means is that CRT's can go above there true native resolution.
It won't look all that much better but a CRT that can do 1080p can hypothetically put out an downscaled 4k image.

I'm poor?

Attached: 1552058587489.gif (500x500, 663K)

>TFW normies have to decide between size and contrast ratio and I am over here shrugging.

Attached: IMG_1094(Edited).jpg (2100x1574, 525K)

If you want HD CRT that truly has no input lag you need a BVM D series.

such a tiny tv

If you want something bigger than 50in you should just move on to Projectors.

there's a black thing on your tv user

recently got a 65" samsung and i'm never looking back. i feel like i wasted so many years of gaming on a beautiful big screen.

Why not both?

Attached: 20181006_194827.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

of not*

>Playing Virtua Racing on a wide-screen CRT
My nigga.

Attached: b6f469938a4c987e719a91be02e1a8a624094de1dfa3447b1aab1c21916edad8.gif (500x420, 360K)

Yeah it supports 16:9 natively. Daytona USA does too.

Attached: 0D385E50-8519-4E0F-97EF-C9A75E889173.jpg (4032x3024, 3.23M)

oh, you need to fix your geometry issues in the service menu. recently had to do mine and we hav the same tv it seems.

>950lb crt on 2mm glass tv stand

I got the stand from in laws and they had even more weight on it. It's got like metal plates the glass sits on. I do want a new one, I hate the black polish

I’ve been meaning to but I only got it last night and I’ve been busy cleaning up the mess of wires and shit that used to occupy the spot.

Wish I could, but I can't find one.

oh no rush then. it's an easy fix. can't believe how much better the picture looks after the adjustment.

CRT screens are shit and you can't change my mind.

You ever try lifting one of those pieces of shit? yeah no, if you plan to move good luck.

Attached: 1287871489429.jpg (570x506, 79K)

>can't lift 50 pounds

>oled
>input lag
You meant, enjoy your burn in.

Try facebook market place. I’d been using craigslist exclusively for like two months and never saw shit, whereas the day I first checked Facebook market place (yesterday) I ended the day finally having a widescreen CRT. There’s tons of stuff there.

It's more like all of the weight is in the glass so when you lift it wants to fall forward. The obtuse shape of them does not help either. No easy hand holds.

who the fuck says I'm not?

Attached: crt trinitron.jpg (728x1296, 284K)

No, mine has pretty good local dimming enhanced with a bit of led lights for contrast bias.

Why do people bash OLED for burn in, but not CRT which can have burn in as well?

cringe

That says more about you than the equipment.

No matter how good your local dimming or how high your contrast ratio is, its not as good as CRT, OLED, or Plasma.

Old good new bad

Most of the heavy ones I've seen have holds built into the plastic on the side though.

Because CRT burn in takes way more prolonged exposure.

>HD CRT
lol

Keep the screen at your chest when you lift, dumbass. That assuming you CAN lift it with those frail kale arms and soft hands.

>sleeping next to large CRT
probably not a good idea, those things emit radiation

Plasma can do true black too?

So does smoking cigarettes. Your point?

Why bother with out of date tech when you can get something generations better with the fraction of the hassle?

Attached: Protoman_icon593.jpg (256x256, 28K)

A good OLED takes a long time for general use burn in to happen just like CRT. Basic care can prevent any burn in on OLED.

Yes because just like OLED it can control individual pixels.

>generations better with the fraction of the hassle?
Better at what exactly?

>using a CRT that wouldn't display 4:3 correctly without black bars
No thank you.

It's good enough considering all the other advantages.

How’s the input lag with plasma though?

What? What difference does it make if it’s the correct aspect ratio? And it’s not like you can see the bars in the dark.

My floor looks the exact same.

DLP is the only contender to CRT in terms of input lag.

I own 6 CRTs. Will buy a 24" or 32" BVM with my next bonus.
>2x consumer Trinitrons
>2x VGA Trinitrons for 6th gen
>2x PVMS
>0x widescreen CRTS

I cannot stand 4:3 stretched to 16:9 and not having a perfect frame border around the display because of black vertical lines is a pet peeve of mine.

How easy do you think it’d be to sell this absolutely fucked 5” PVM to a dumb band wagoner? I got it for like 5 dollars but now I see them going in the hundreds.

Attached: E1376D41-CE5D-439D-98DF-90C61448BB4A.jpg (2048x2048, 992K)

why aren't you having sex right now

>5 inches
what

People don't buy crts without pictures of them working, unless some egghead wants an egg tv I doubt it'll sell except for parts for scrap.

Space, availability, convenience.

4K is just a hip trendy meme buzzord. It means nothing.

Just don't place in the OG Xbox and he's fine.

Comfy

>that tiny ass screen just to have “true blacks”
Uktratoppest of the gigalels

Because you can't play GunCon games on a HD CRT you fucking spog

>not playing light gun games with a controller

that's what a SD trinitron is for, user. learn to prioritize.

3840x2160p@60Hz (4K) requires a horizontal scanning frequency of roughly 132kHz depending on timing settings and retrace.

There are CRT monitors in existence that support up to 140kHz, and I own one. While the phosphor pitch of the tube may not resolve the image, my monitor is capable of displaying 4K, though it pushes my equipment's bandwidth handling to its limit.

Don't comment on what you don't know. 4K capable monitors existed, you were either too young or too poor to know they were around.

Attached: 1501956504194.jpg (583x439, 35K)

>mfw there's what looks like a mint RCA on the side of a house

The lady who put it there likes to call the cops on every little thing she deems "suspicious"

should I take the dive & just pick up the thing to see if it turns on it's the smaller 24 inch

Attached: SUMMER IN 3D.png (184x199, 87K)

Why not just ask her first?

>While the phosphor pitch of the tube may not resolve the image
That makes it generally useless for a 4K image, though. It cannot display 4K. Some LCD screen which can accept a 4K signal but actually displays it on its 1080p panel isn't a 4K device either.

If it's been put out for the trash, why would she have a go if someone took it? That's the idea isn't it?
If you've got the space I'd say go ahead.
CRTs are fundamentally different to LCDs given the arbitrary nature of their resolution, if it can put that image to screen at that 'resolution' it's going to be better than a lower resolution / not bothering at all. If nothing else it's free anti aliasing.

>grab tv
>go home
>connect tv
>play games
>call cops on women citing you can hear domestic violence coming from her house
>enjoy the rest of the night.

user did you read,this is the same women who started berating & cussing out elementary school kids because they had "trampled" her grass on the front of her lawn never mind the fact she had two grown poodles who did that themselves every other day

It can display a 4K image, just not to full effect. The capability to scan that high and still show an image, when it took LCDs many years to catch up, still accounts for something despite the flaws.

You're romanticizing the multiscan capabilities of CRTs. They might be analog but they have a physical limit to resolution defined by the phosphor pitch. You will lose definition and quality in an image that isn't fully resolved by the mask pitch, no ifs ands or buts. Also, pushing the pixel clock usually results in a very blurry image even when the focus on the tube is dialed in. It's better to stick with a reasonable resolution like 1600x1200 and bump up the refresh rate.

Because display port rules the waves

It isn’t a CRT, but my parents bought a Sony KP-61HS30 back in 1999. It was a 61 inch 4:3 rear projection TV that technically supports 1080i, but would flicker whenever the screen would get dark/light too quickly, so 480p was the best option. I recently replayed Demon’s Souls on it in 480p and it was the ultimate experience with perfect black levels and contrast, and the AA-free 720p downsampled to a smooth 480p. Made me realize we were sold a bill of goods in the HD era.

She just needs a good dick, have sex.

Micro LED > *

>its shit because its heavy
what

Can somebody give me a rundown on the advantages of CRTs? It seems like it's a bit much nostalgia.

>i did not grow up slinging 32 and 40 inch crt tvs to LAN parties

Never ever for consumers?

You only need a crt I'd you're playing anything with RCA input. Otherwise just emulate it on pc

>HD CRT
>no lag

oh you poor fool, go to CRT general on they will rip you a new ass hole for that ignorant statement.

Just get a Sony Trinitron with S-Video and be done with it.

>HD CRT
>0 input lag

OLED?
lag?

LOL

You're not wrong. But you're also not right.

Because it's becoming more of a pain in the ass to find them all the time, and even when you do, they're fucking HUGE and hard to find a good spot for them in your house. I have a "small" Samsung that's a 19", and it's still fuck huge, and I don't even have a good place for it in my living room.

I just don't think it's worth the trouble anymore. I have my Saturn and Famicom hooked up to my living room TV with an upscaler right now, it ain't perfect, but I can play it and it's good enough.

Attached: tony's poop.jpg (2592x1944, 1.59M)

There were three-tube CRT projectors that could do resolutions way higher than 4K at high frame rates for simulators and theater applications. Weighed about half a ton though and required dedicated power.

because there're cool?

Attached: AI.png (637x425, 309K)

Because I'm not retarded and just use an OSSC instead of multiple TVs.

I hate blacks

Virtually zero input lag and no sample-and-hold blur are the main points. Important for retro games and tryhard games.

hd crts are 100 pounds and above

>microled

Attached: microled banding.jpg (1116x806, 133K)

I'm going to move soon and I want the best tv for my money. I have $1500 and I want over 50 inch..

What should I buy?

Look for an OLED by Samsung or Sony

I plan on getting one eventually for my 6th gen consoles.

Attached: 20181101_154307.jpg (1920x2560, 1.86M)

Samsung doesn't make oleds and both samsung and oleds are shit

Where the hell do I get one in Australia?

go find some garbage collecting abbos

>crt

Attached: crt banding.jpg (3996x2664, 1.35M)

>banding
>visual noise
>literal noise simply by being turned on
>horizontal banding
>heavy as fuck
>take up a shitload of space

the blacks and scaling resolution are nice, but I don't miss CRTs.

When you film a CRT there's some lines that track up on the display, what is that?

HD CRTs are for fucking retards, they scale the same as anything else

what lines, what do you mean?

Mismatch between the camera's refresh rate and the monitor's refresh rate.

why are you playing old video games?

They're new to me.

>metal build
FUCKING RICHFAG

>memesona
>gaydom hearts
>that npc tier taste in everything
JESUS CHRIST

CRTs don't really have a fixed horizontal resolution. Scaling oddball resolutions like 256x224 or 384x224 onto a fixed resolution display requires surprisingly high resolutions to do correctly. Those are two very common resolutions for retro games too.

You have to be over 18 to use this website

Because I don’t play in a pitch black room and any sort of ambient lighting destroys a CRT’s contrast.

This user here just got back & lugged it back home turns out the picture doesn't work I can her the channels switch & the static noise but it's completely dead in the water ;_;

would taking it to an antique shop have any chance of a repair or at least a working picture?

Attached: beep beep.png (395x391, 223K)

Can't you just enlarge it by an integer factor like 2x or 3x? It won't fill the screen but at least it'll look good.

You're now hearing the EEEEEEEEEEEE of the flyback transformer.

Put if back where you found it and go back to looking at prices on eBay.

Fucking censorship. Yo.

>inky blacks
>except when there's any light in the room and they look gray
OLED replaced you.

>try to repair my CRT
>die

>implying I don't already have one

I just wanted it because it's a fair bit bigger then my current 13 inch set m8

>0 input lag
HD CRTs have a framebuffer.

Any digital signal must be reconstituted

Silly user, it's the amps that kill.

A CRT can easily show 4K luma detail. The phosphor pitch only matters for color information.

The important thing about these odd resolutions is that they still displayed in a 4:3 viewing area but had different pixel aspect ratios like 8:7 or 8:5. The pixels are rectangular, so you have to scale up the horizontal and vertical dimensions by different amounts to get the right image aspect ratio. That's the part that requires surprisingly high resolutions on a fixed display.

No. Display a dotted white line on a black background at 4K resolution. Anything less than 4K won't be able to reproduce it due to the physical lack of pixels.

Why are you questioning that?

You do not understand how CRTs work. The resolution limit of a CRT is the width of the electron beam.
youtu.be/Ea6tw-gulnQ?t=721
Watch at 12:00. He shows a real world example of low dot pitch and high resolution.

>inky blacks
So you can't see shit in games at night? Fuck that.

4K is a meme

Colour contrast in low light on a CRT is excellent, though. Different levels of black are distinguished very clearly.

This is a meaningless technicality as no CRT can interpret a 4K signal. Even if you could rig it to do so you'd be introducing a ton of input lag and it would only work in monochrome

>perfectly scales 1080p and 720p
>is a meme
I don't think you know what that word means.

did i wake up back in 2003?

see It was possible, it required high end CRTs though

No, you woke up in 2019 where modern display technology still can't compare to what we had decades ago.

Okay incel

Attached: retina.jpg (1280x1706, 843K)

Name a device that outputs an 3820x2160@60hz analog signal. You'd need a converter

Now display something at any resolution other than the native resolution and try to tell me bottom looks better. I'm not denying a LCD looks much better than any CRT at its native resolution but I'd rather have a screen that looks good at any resolution up to its maximum than one that only looks good at a single fixed resolution.

>dynamic resolution scaling became a thing a generation too late for it to actually look good on a CRT
what a shame

The only system I actively use a CRT for is a PS2 since 480i looks like shit on anything else and/or has input lag

Attached: 1559975056159.jpg (640x611, 37K)

See , and come back when you've found a LCD that can change the shape of its pixels.

True. RAMDACs were locked to 400Mhz in pretty much every case.

MicroLED can do 14,000 pixels per inch. Rolling scan is a method of video display that emulates CRT by only showing an extremely bright dot at any given point in time, using your brain's image persistance to see the full frame.
OLED already does this in things like the Oculus Rift to reduce input lag and motion blurring. The future is bright
eenewsanalog.com/news/worlds-densest-microled-display-delivers-14000ppi-across-048mm

Attached: displays-mojo3.jpg (3999x2250, 1.05M)

Which is why I keep saying Micro LED will instantly make everything else obsolete once it's actually available in consumer-grade monitors.

I'm agreeing with you bro. I'm also saying that it's a real shame that many console games today rely on dynamic framebuffers that inevitably have to be scaled, when it would have worked best on a CRT that doesn't care how wide the framebuffer is. The technology came in after CRTs were obsoleted.

>been waiting for 20 years for OLED to finally become consumer-grade
>mLED will take another 20 years
No fuck that, I'm getting an OLED now. I might not live to see mLED

Paint your walls, user. They look like you've had them that way since childhood.

Are these good for gaming? Samsung Slimfit CRT HDTV
I have one one em in my parents apt.

Attached: 71qkn-YR4gS._SX463_.jpg (463x390, 14K)

The "technology" you speak of only came to be because game developers refuse to accept how weak consoles are. If a fucking GameCube could run at 60fps all the time there's no reason a PS4 Pro shouldn't.

I’m holding my plasma until mLED becomes viable.

Mario Sunshine only ran at 30fps. It depends on the dev

dynamic resolution scaling isn't a framebuffer

How much does a CRT TV like that cost nowadays?

Attached: resized_20190511_162242.png (540x720, 294K)

Free if you shop around garage sales etc

They can. Strictly speaking the hardware is perfectly capable of displaying 60hz, this is hardly mind blowing information. The problem is devs are more interested in pushing muh graphics beyond what systems are actually capable of while keeping a decent resolution. It's a shame, but as long as they don't do anything retarded, like lock the physics to the framerate or anything, I can wait for emulation to come along and fix that.

I need to get looking around then. That thing must weight a fuckton.

Attached: resized_20190514_144824.png (810x1080, 999K)

*While keeping a decent framerate. But resolution is applicable as well.

>like lock the physics to the framerate
Even this can be overcome with interpolation, just depends how competent the emu dev is

this is the most incel cringe picture I've ever seen in my life

Why is this meme constantly fucking shilled on Yea Forums?
>hurr muh crt has no input lag
This is flat out false. Sure they dont have much lag, but the difference between CRT and good LCD/LED screens.
>muh inky blacks
Yeah I hope you enjoy seeing those "inky blacks" through what looks like a screen door

I’d literally LOL if I saw this IRL. Wires all over, old POS TVs, video games, busted up walls, shit furniture. Wowie

The GTX 900 series has a max analog resolution of 2048x1536, I wonder if running cards in SLI with a specialty display doing some funky things with dual analog inputs could theoretically allow for true analog 4K@60?
Mania, and retro games in general, on a CRT not at it's native resolution looks absolutely terrible. Getting a VGA monitor and forcing 240p@120hz is where it's at.

Attached: 105_0406.jpg (1319x1071, 2.19M)

I wish i had one desu.
Luv CRTs

Inky blacks meme is a lie too, a CRT can only create black as black as the phosphor grill which was usually very gray in a bright room. You'd need to kill all external light to get true black, which is the same problem projectors have

You can only get true less-than-hardware 0ms input lag using emulators. CRT purists are emotionally bankrupt and can't cope

LCDs have a frame buffer. CRTs are analog. LCDs have inherent lag no matter how you frame it.

That's because it's a model that was produced in the mid 2000s. CRTs stopped selling once LCD displays reached below 200-300 dollars in 2008 and under 1.5k for a top end model.

>there’re

Attached: F130521B-5B49-4BAE-87F1-B4177B876B1D.png (927x907, 973K)

I wish i could get a Sony PVM desu...
They are dreamy. Look excellent and small enough to have on a desk.

Your mom is a meme lol owned fag gg ez

Attached: FE5E3386-5AA5-440A-951D-CE708E8A2B87.gif (439x363, 33K)

i got a 1080i/480p Samsung 32" CRT but I gotta use a HDMI to Component converter cause it don't have HDMI.

Only thing I like about it is the colors. Feel nostalgic, but my 4k tv looks better in every way

bruh moment

>recycle e-waste for work
>dumb boomers bring shit loads of crt's in to donate just to replace it with a big ass lcd that's even more unwieldy
>don't even fix them for resale anymore, just scrap them
>still need to take one home some day

Attached: 1562360138360.jpg (470x317, 44K)

>VGA monitor
Too sharp. No thanks.

>7 inputs
That's more than most AV receivers have today.

HD CRTs are the worst of both worlds. Old consoles look like shit on them. HD content ain't as good as modern tvs

Factually correct.

HD CRTs upscales 480p to 540p, if I remember right

I'm still using a 980Ti specifically for that reason.

More like you can't fix them. No facility exists to fix CRTs anymore once they're dead they're dead and the best you can do is properly recycle them instead of tossing it into some landfill.

I like how it looks on a commercial TV CRT more, personally.
I don't mind how it looks on a VGA monitor though.

Also, i'd never play 16:9 on a 4:3 monitor. You know the Mania engine natively supports 4:3 right?

Attached: resized_20190515_103850.png (1440x1080, 2.47M)

All modern consoles output a digital signal, so OP's Switch for instance isn't bypassing that input lag, it's still there even if it's going through a converter (which contains a framebuffer) and outputting to a CRT

Most gaming grade monitors have far less input lag than retro hardware + CRT did. The SNES had 4 frames of input lag for instance which is 66ms

Says the shitch owner

What is the official display of the white race?

Because LCDs have better picture quality, resolution and have no input lag

how do people see shit like this and think it looks good.

I fucking remember my first non CRT screen when I was 16 and I literally wept at how much better it looked.

Okay

Attached: CRT.png (1210x1613, 2.86M)

I know, just don't mind the letterboxing.
Plus, haven't seen if there was a update since, but the last time I tried with Sonic Mania after the Plus update, it fucked the native 4:3 mode and forced internal letterboxing over all resolutions, even 16:10. Because of this (among other reasons) I've been playing the pre-plus version as my go to version of choice if I just want to play through the game again.

I don't think emulators can just add interpolation into a game.

For a time we had a few people who would buy them and fix them, because sometimes it's just the boards that go bad, or something small like a blown capacitor; same shit happens with LCDs and LED tvs too

TVs just aren't profitable enough for us to resale anymore, so we even scrap the good ones

Can and do. BotW achieved 60fps on Cemu using physics interpolation. It has to be added on a game-by-game basis

>It has to be added on a game-by-game basis
That's what I mean, there's no one solution for this. Mario 64 has a similar 60fps hack but it's not an emulator function.

Not him, but if you know how the system in question handles the render pipeline for physics objects, it's not out of the question to have it copy physics objects to a separate buffer that's only updated at the "native" refresh rate while all the other objects are rendered at higher refresh rates, with the physics objects composited as duplicate 'frames' against everything else that's at the higher refresh rate.
Though usually that sort of thing is game/engine specific, so the best you're going to get likely is per-game fixes rather than system wide implementations for a given emulator.

Same except I was 12 and my babby ass at the time had no idea what display lag and multiscan was.

I had a really shitty CRT back in the day. I almost cried playing Sonic 3 on an emulator for the first time. I couldn't see the details in the background before then.

There's obviously no system wide implementation you could do. Though with most modern games relying on common physics libraries like physx, it might very well be possible in the future

>Why aren't you playing on an HD CRT with true inky blacks and 0 input lag?
because crts are dogshit oversized paperweights and I'm happy they're gone :)

I'm starting to unironically believe this. I have a 4k tv and I have never noticed lag but I still do very well with online games like Overwatch. I feel like led input lag is some myth made up by PC gamers and crt dipshits

There is no perceivable lag when using a modern monitor in an all-digital setup. It's playing old consoles with analog video outputs that it becomes a problem.

Modern games by design compensate for the lag, as much as they can at least. When you get to the point where you're approaching """"pro"""", you're gonna notice when you go to do something specific and it doesn't happen. Try jumping into a rhythm game with shit lag and get back to me with if you notice then.

because they are large as fuck, heavy as fuck, and the screen is tiny as fuck. It also doubles as space heater. Only good thing about them are that they usually have decent speakers, but then again pair of good speakers aren't that expensive.

What rhythm game from the last decade used a CRT? LCD and LED displays no longer lag.

This. I'm convinced some people say modern displays are unusable because they hooked up their NES and it was laggy.

>all the faggots posting their CRTs itt are playing old as fuck games
Kek literally everytime
>inb4 "hurr new games arent good"

Yes and those are the same mouthbreathing retards that bash a screw in with a hammer.

It's the "jumping into" part that's important here. Guitar Hero and the like always have a calibration feature in the options somewhere to account for the shit TVs people are playing it on. Don't have to do that playing on a CRT.

It's the oppesite for me, when I first saw an LCD in person I thought it looked worse, and the whole point was the thickness gimmick.
When I first saw a Plasma I was laughing at how extremely shit it was compared to anything else.

>play GH on a CRT at home
>go to my sister's house and play GH with my nieces
>calibrate lag for their TV
>game becomes unplayable for my nieces and asks me to turn it back

Most people on CRT's are playing games that were designed with CRT's in mind, or try to look like games that had them in mind. Most people in the current year have a primary display for modern titles, the CRT is secondary.
Having said that I've had plenty of fun playing random 'modern' games on my CRT. Played 360 games in HD for the entirety that generation was relevant on a CRT.

free/low price

>that hand me down poverty furniture
>that boxspring without a cover
>concrete wall painted directly on top of (lmao)
this poor NEET incel literally lives in mommy's basement and instead of bettering himself, he spends his money on CRTs to play children's video games

There's this really old man that set up shop that claims to repair old tube TVs all the time,I haven't had the time to see just how old he's talking about though

>being this judgmental

Not him, but, the painting over the wall itself without smoothing the surfaces I can forgive, but not using fucking glossy exterior paint inside the house, I mean, seriously, what the fuck.

Attached: 1564206532588.png (661x561, 459K)

because it looks great what's the issue here?

Attached: Toshiba CRT MD13N1.jpg (299x400, 17K)

>cant tell the contrast is still shit and brightness too high
>HURR ITS SPOSED TO BE GREY

do they make 4k game consoles? ill wait. inb4 xbox

It's clearly an old house with textured walls that haven't been painted in a long time, it was more common back in the day

Modern games like GTA V and Yakuza 0 which support 4:3 resolutions and unlimited framerates look amazing on a good CRT.

What..how?
>play game on 65" tv at 1080p
>play same game on 65" tv at 4k
>4k is a lot sharper

Dont be a fucking small tv retard

>"inky blacks!"
>grayer than even the worst LCD

because I emulate with retroarch on a fast 144hz monitor

Attached: 1192389418239.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

Hey I am bettering myself I'm 152 lbs from 224.

Attached: bomberman 90s big ass crt.jpg (1200x850, 229K)

Why is that one guy's face not blurred out?

Recently over the past months I had the chance to smooth out a house of similar architecture and paint it over with non glossy paint, it's dirt CHEAP as fuck to do it yourself and the paint too, also leaves the house with a nice, new feel as well

That's clearly a projection TV.

great work user!

Participants/Hired commentator

hey, I have this CRT. neat.

this bullshit about input lag and blacker blacks were fucking commercial talking points, its a meme, don't tell me you believed this shit user

small if true

delete this

Oof, and I was proud going to 210 from 230 this summer

so, it still can't actually display real 4K.
gotcha

Couldnt figure that out ? Hes the host there, probably agreed.

>I want one of those tiny 7-10 inch trinitrons so badly

>Hear they have tons of issues with glue falling apart and ruining the entire tv.

And? All CRT's are projection displays.

>do they make _____?
>inb4 someone puts the answer to my question
What the fuck did user mean by this?

>freeMCd ps2
>CRT
it's a comfy feeling

Attached: 1564310493433.jpg (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Retard.

>Upscaling beautiful 240p images to a hideous 1080p image
Cringe and zoomerpilled

What do you mean an HD CRT? I have this one and it only does component, aside that the regular video. Looks great on the PS2 but i tried hook it up a PS3 and it looked all tiny and blurry.

Attached: my CRT.jpg (1536x2048, 395K)

Not him but the RetroArch GBA LCD filter is god-tier. Also CRT Royale on a 4K display looks very close to the real thing and on a high-PPI smartphone OLED display it's indistinguishable from an actual CRT.

I have to agree

Attached: 20181014_142003.jpg (3264x2448, 3.17M)

Guessing he's Takahashi Meijin

>gray blacks (poor contrast ratio unless in a completely dark room)
>curved surface (poor screen geometry, flat screen tubes introduce even more geometry issues)
>can't play modern games without a converter which adds your input lag back
>analog signal noise
>hardware image artifacts (snes's imfamous vertical band)
>real hardware still creates a few frames of input lag
4K OLED + CRT filter + lagfix solves everything and creates a clearer image, better color accuracy and perfect image geometry with less than hardware input lag
Your cancer projector is obsolete

This too, I'm planning on trying out playing at Yakuza 0's ps3 res 720p and upscaling it to 1440p with it probably running at 120hz

Attached: 20190216_214958.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

>filters and emulation
lol pleb tier.

I recorded this just for you user.

Attached: out.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

>720p upscaled to 1440p
Why? The PC port supports CRT resolutions like 2048x1536 and syncs to whatever your monitor is set to.

Attached: 1531579260221.png (769x733, 60K)

As I said user also
>120hz
2048x1536 doesnt go up to 120hz that's above its pay grade

Once you see it you will never want anything else

Does anybody know which TV model this is? All I have is a random model number but looking that up only gives me it's remote.

Attached: ch.jpg (934x622, 29K)

Activate Windows

LCDs are gay for 240p/480i content.

Could you try taking a picture of whatever label(s) is (are) on the back, and at a higher resolution?

Now record it in a lit room so you can see how poor the relative luminance is

If the pixel density is high enough then it doesn't matter.
Idk how a TV can be gay tho.

Sorry, it's not mine. It's a local craiglist listing, and there's no pictures of the back. I emailed the guy about it but haven't gotten a response yet.

Modern TVs Can't compete.

Attached: 15584752938.jpg (1007x678, 130K)

>OLED
>LCD
I'm sorry, try again

If its flat its shit for analog video.

I can't, so it just stays there

>analog video
There's your problem
You can simulate a retro console signal with more accuracy, higher image quality, and less input lag than the real thing. Why even BOTHER with the original when the simulation has surpassed it?

Not him, but get back to me when we have 8 or 16k then we can talk about "with enough pixel density the fixed resolution isn't a problem".

OLED has the truest blacks. There are also now OLED panels with extremely low lag, not just for monitors but for gaming TVs as well.
CRT is literally deprecated. Enjoy playing your Marios while you listen to vinyls on your gramophone, grandpa.
I still have a giant CRT in my living room just because I'm too lazy to throw the 300 lbs bastard out.

4K is enough to simulate the highest quality CRT displays without noticeable scanline differences. Plus you can always limit it to integer upscaling which insures all pixels are the same size

Because there's no replacement for the real thing. They were made for analog video on a CRT.

>Because there's no replacement for the real thing.
Doesn't mean you can't exceed the original, which has already been done
Analog signal noise alone is enough reason to prefer emulation. The only downside is that it costs thousands to have a good enough PC + 4K OLED TV, so buying a CRT + the original hardware is the poorman's choice

Who /Asteroids/ here

youtube.com/watch?v=eLKudh3vvsU

Attached: extreme-close-up-of-space-ship-in-asteroids.png (3840x2160, 2.07M)

Emulation doesn't require much system resources. "Exceeding" the original is viewing the games in a way that was unintended and therefor not superior if you ask me.

Close, but no cigar.
youtube.com/watch?v=dym6XD3-8qw

>autism speaks

I have no interest in running the actual hardware on modern displays. I'm talking about emulating it.

Exceeding in the sense of eliminating input lag to minimum possible levels (below even CRT) and displaying a perfect image that is free from analog noise, poor geometry and other hardware artifacts

>raster display
Try again.

>Source: My ass and imagination

If you don't know about what you are typing - then shut up you pathetic child. Just because you think that you are 20 or more you think that technology back then was advanced and nobody gave a fuck about it.

Learn some history. Then post.

Are you retarded?

>I have no interest in running the actual hardware on modern displays.
Same principles applies when it comes to resolutions.

Great argument, can't refute

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not talking about running PSX games at higher resolutions than intended, I'm talking about simulating a CRT experience at quality levels that exceed the capabilities of even the best CRT displays. OLED and emulation can do that

Real Hardware > Emushit

Composite video is the intended output method and games look better using it on the right CRT.

Who gives a fuck when you can just emulate?

Attached: thinking.jpg (347x316, 21K)

And emulators can recreate those artifacts complete with simulated jitter and noise. Stop living in the past grandpa.

It depends how the developers used dithering, but even that effect can be simulated and it can be simulated without the eye gouging flicker of a bad analog signal

Those recreations are only a pale imitation of the real thing.

>simulation exceeds the original
>"i-i-it's just an imitation"

Perfect emulation don't exist

>CRT shaders being anything close to the look of an actual CRT
How to spot someone who has never seen a CRT in person.

I had some Sony Trinitron from 1999 that I gave away because it was taking up too much space. You fags are insufferable.

Zoomers will never have this experience.

Attached: IMG_2167 (1).jpg (3840x2880, 2.54M)

>please stop using such big words

Attached: 1534897918401.jpg (960x1440, 239K)

>Gave it away
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=sony trinitron&_sacat=0
Your loss, kid

Fix your shit

I've had probably 10 of them in my lifetime, and I would never ever go back
You've probably never seen a good CRT filter in effect on an OLED 4K screen and are thinking of the cherry picked images that are posted on Yea Forums specifically to make CRT filters look bad. Congrats by being duped by propaganda

That TV sucks.
Its a digital TV, so it has input lag, it scale 240 content to 480 so it has tons of lag there (same as any other digital TV from 2005, which is really bad), it can only go up to 1080i, so modern consoles (and even the ps3 and 360 at times) will look like trash at anything above 720p/1080i. The only thing it really excels at is playing 480p content, and even then it's a digital TV so it isn't 0 latency.
Source: I have one of these TVs in a corner of my house right now waiting for a meleefag I know to come pick it up after replacing it with an OSSC and a lower latency modern TV.

It will never look the same, it's simply not possible.

No it cant.
A simulation will always be that, an approximation. A CRT can act as a vector display because a CRT can be modified to act like a vector display, but any fixed resolution display won't be able to replicate the quirks and imperfections of a CRT BECAUSE it's too perfect, and operate on completely unrelated principles.
For example, that thing a CRT will do when a bright point on the screen will bloom in a organic way because the beam is literally sending more light to the screen? A digital display can't do that, it'll always be uniformly brighter or darker as restricted by the pixel arrangement.
The fact the beam will wobble randomly ever so slightly in a practically imperceivable way, the analog nature of the fact colors can randomly be slightly off because of things like the RGB beams not being calibrated perfectly or just random electromagnetic interference? These are all "You don't notice, but your brain does" kinds of things yes, but they all come together for that authentic autistic "CRT experience."

>720p is just a hip trendy meme buzzord. It means nothing.

>zoomer thinks a tv is not bright unless it's 1000 nits
typical

If you're looking up close, perhaps, you can always see the pixels at some point
But you're not meant to play at that viewing distance

At a proper viewing distance, a good filter is indistinguishable and will in fact look better because it will have better color accuracy, perfect geometry, no noise/jitter, etc... So yeah, minus all the problems real CRT has, you can notice the difference, but in a good way.

If I was a kid, that would be a lot of money to me.

>better color accuracy, perfect geometry, no noise/jitter, etc...
So not accurate and is in fact distinguishable.

>take away image degrading features of obsolete technology
>"A-ha, I can notice the difference!"
Truly brilliant, user

>CRT Monitors are and still are destroying inceLEDs in 2018 + 1
Holy shit how embarrassing

Calm down, it's probably just the camera picking up the reflectiveness of the screen.

That looks like shit

It's either accurate or not. Not everything needs to be "perfect".

And they're so tiny you gotta be a chinky dinky chinaman with little itty bitty titty baby hands to use them.

>he doesnt rock climb?
Yikes, what are you a pathetic anime poster?

Do you see me posting anime or rather anigay?

Look like crap, I don't know why someone would play that over emulating at 4k.

Is it even possible to upscale PS2 without introducing horrible artifacts?