Open world game but the world is lifeless, dull and bland

>Open world game but the world is lifeless, dull and bland
>Invisible walls every fucking where and there is no climbing which makes exploration frustrating as hell
>Majority of the sidequests are literally fetch quest which gets boring super quick
>Hunts get stale super quick as well
>Magic is fucked up beyond belief. Magic is used like grenades which can damage you and your party. Better off not even using magic at all
>Summons are literally random
>Combat is brain dead. It's basically hold O with the occasional Warp Strike
>Literally can not die and there is no risk. Game literally stops for 10 seconds to allow you to fully heal yourself and the party.
>Story is an utter mess. Characters are undeveloped and when it starts to get interesting, it just fucking ends
>Anti climatic final boss fight
>Character development for Prompto, Ignis , Gladious AND THE FUCKING MAIN VILLIAN OF THE FUCKING GAME ARDYN is literally paid DLC
>Have to watch a CGI movie and an anime to even give a semi fuck about these characters which means the game did a piss poor job of establishing these characters on its own
>BORING

How the fuck did Square manage to fuck up Final Fantasy XV that bad? Christ Alive

Attached: FF XV hold O to win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU
youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8
youtube.com/watch?v=4AptAyPIL88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I was so hyped to play it too only for it to be boring as shit. FFVII is probably gonna end up the same way.

>An epic blue balls waste of time
This is so accurate it's scary. Even Conan who doesn't even play video games knows this game was shit

Attached: conan-obrien.png (807x454, 387K)

VII Remake actually looks fun

Too much executive meddling. The same applies to the other games they had in development and having to constantly pull teams off projects to go help other teams fix their project.

I remember getting hyped about this game when I was back in high school and the original trailer dropped.

the 7 remake will be exactly like this.

FFXV looked fun

It still depresses me 3 years later. XV is soul crushing

Attached: FF XV in a nutshell.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

I was 15 when FF Versus XIII was announced. Still gives me chills. What could have been

youtube.com/watch?v=b6At_bb1PNU

Attached: noctis versus 13.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

Is Bazztek still around? Haven’t been on Yea Forums in a while

Attached: DCB9B10C-A29A-458D-9BB0-976A2D55314B.jpg (540x478, 55K)

same. Fuck. I want it back.

Once in a red moon he makes an appearance. But his daily 12+ hour tempter tantrums seem to be a thing of the past now.

Thank God . He was the biggest cancer who should've died years ago

Don't kid yourselves. It would have been shit as well.

Agreed. Hopefully we'll never have random FF threads or other SE game threads ruined because of him.

Tabata’s resume:
1 good game (Crisis Core)
1 mediocre game (FF Type 0)
1 shit game (FF XV)
1 abomination (3rd birthday)

And this fuck up has the balls to start his own game company kek

Attached: DECB25DE-7B18-4F8E-BD1E-475C59EAC197.jpg (1029x902, 117K)

Poor bastard.

but thats all you do in teh older games too?

The older games were fun and had soul

I got FFXV during the summer Steam sale. I'm almost 40 hours into it (still in chapter 3), and I love it. I've played all the mainline FF games, aside from XII and XIII-3. I understand they shit the bed on the story and pacing, but the exploration is a lot of fun and the combat is a nice change from the traditional turn based (which can become a real bore after so many hours). I love all the little character interactions with the boys when you're going about quests and just doin stuff; it's real cute and provides a lot of character.

I don't understand people saying the world is empty - there's so much to see and do! Finding random dungeons and stuff is so rad. I stumbled about that ice cave the other day and it was so exciting! Overall, it totally nails the roadtrip feeling and the fantasy aspect. The mix of technology reminds me of FFVII.

Bonus points for letting my Noctis be a cute girl (male) uwu.

Attached: 637650_screenshots_20190728172618_1.jpg (2560x1440, 803K)

>Open world game but the world is lifeless, dull and bland
this describes every open world "game."

Not true at all. Grand Theft Auto V, Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Witcher 3 have worlds that feel alive

Attached: gta v.jpg (2560x1440, 1.15M)

fuck you

I just bought this on Amazon for $4 (used). What am I in for? I'm on a FF high right now and I figured $4 is a steal

Attached: final-fantasy-type-0-hd-screen-01-ps4-us-24sep14.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

Final Fantasy fans are so shit. As a casual fag who picked up FFXV, I had a lot of fun with it, and I managed to get good at the combat. Objectively, outside of looking at FF as a franchise, the game is good. It's obviously flawed, but it's just a good time. Why do FF fags hate their own franchise so much?

>I don't understand people saying the world is empty
Because it is. There are a few towns here and there but majority of the open world is a huge barren wasteland

Not even that much of an FF fan and I hated it. The combat felt dull as fuck and the open world wasn’t anything special either.

>He isn't a patrician appreciating road trip kino

>road trip kino
>in a painfully bland open world experience with dogshit combat

Yes. Road trip kino. Take it from someone who was a boy scout in his youth, it was accurate to that experience.

Get better taste fuck boy

It was nothing. It was classic them revealing it at the start of development with random ideas that looked cool in a trailer and fuck all else. There's barely any more to speculate then what Chrono Break would have turned out like.

>I managed
>to get good
>at
>the combat
>managed

>and I managed to get good at the combat
A fucking child can get good at FF XV combat. LOOK AT THIS BRAINDEAD SHIT

Attached: FF XV shit gameplay.webm (700x392, 2.89M)

>I managed to avoid drowning!

The road trips and diners are kino, the enemy models are amazing.

However all this wasted potential on such a shit combat, shit magic, and unfinished storyline with mad characterization gaps almost makes it worse than if the whole thing just plainly sucked and we could dismiss it out of hand.

It's worse that we know Square's talent is lost somewhere inside the horrifying mass of corporate slime, screaming like one of those faces after being eaten by Sidney in little shop of horrors.

Why are they attacking that poor defenseless rhino?

Attached: thinking joshua.png (229x402, 27K)

Got to have a past time when they aren't sucking each other off Jesus

Knowing Conan and similar faggots, the game should be good since he called it bad. Right?

>that disappearing shadow
good game

No Conan was actually dead on with his review. It was a confusing, boring mess and a waste of time. He even says the game should have opened with a big monster fight instead of pushing the car. Holy shit a late night talk show host who doesn't even play video games knows how to do a proper video game opening act than a fucking game company.

Attached: EPIC BLUE BALLS WASTE OF TIME.png (700x700, 399K)

Well, I mean if someone like him or kotaku or some shitters call a game bad, it sure as hell should mean that game is at least worth trying. FFXV comes out and everyone, from shit eaters to normal people dislike it.

How could this happen?

>Reminder that Luna was supposed to come back with daemon powers
>Bahamut was the bad guy
>Aranea would have had her own DLC
>Noctis and Luna would have had children

Attached: 41EA735F-59B4-42B7-B9AE-48EBD0799AFC.jpg (611x656, 62K)

>Literally can not die and there is no risk. Game literally stops for 10 seconds to allow you to fully heal yourself and the party.
are you serious

what the fuck

Attached: 1563132598785.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

Lamp posts are made of dragon force

But I thought that T-1000 is made from Dragon Force.

FF XV launch should have been illegal. That was false advertising. It was barebones as fuck . I’m still mad I bought this piece of shit at launch. What a fucking rip off

Attached: F4A12F4D-C513-440C-A62C-F922EA53BF0E.png (300x309, 26K)

Dead serious. When your HP hits 0 you don’t die. A second HP appears and you are in “danger”. That’s the game first way of throwing you a safety net. In “danger” you can’t attack but you can run around and heal yourself with items. If you somehow manage to lose all your danger HP, the game throws you a SECOND safety net and actually stalls for about 10 seconds and you can open your inventory and fully revive yourself and your party with absolutely zero penalty . I wish I was making this up .

Attached: 04D425BE-CC96-43E0-8A4F-E41556FB8C06.png (325x533, 297K)

>Elixirs in this game only cost 800 Gil

I’m actually glad. This game needs to stay dead

It's ok, not exceptional, just ok.
Other games in the story
>King's Tale: Newgrounds fighter
>New Empire: Chinese BS
>Comrades: Better than it had any right to be, and actually pretty import to Core XV's story
>Justice Monsters V: Bad Pinball
>King's Knight Wrath of the Dark Dragon: Best game in the XV-verse, just a shame nobody played
>Monster of the Deep: Decent experience
>Episode Duscae: Fascinating Demo
>Episode Carbuncle: Pretty cute, XV should have been more like this
>Episode Gladio: Fun Arcadey Beat 'em Up
>Episode Prompto: Not bad
>Episode Ignis: Best DLC by far
>Episode Ardyn: Not bad, and closes out a lot of missing lore.

Attached: Picture__29.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Is XV worth playing for spank material?

Attached: 1537272049027.jpg (7680x4320, 3.93M)

Square has been bleeding talent since the 90s.

Attached: exsquaresoftemployeespresent.jpg (278x266, 28K)

How do you take 8k screenshots?

What’s the better version of type? The psp one or the other one?

No, it is almost non-existent.

I remember being hyped for this shit
youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8
Where did everything went wrong?

Nah
You have FF XIII for that

Fuck no . Since most of the time is spent on the 4 queers

>>Combat is brain dead. It's basically hold O with the occasional Warp Strike

blame the NEW director as for why the combat is fucking shit

Pretty good. Only real complaints are:
*only the active 3 party members get EXP and you have 14 people
*magic is useless
*story locked behind NG+

Attached: 1538265408487.jpg (749x1111, 178K)

No, I got good at/technical with it. Fucking incels.

Is there a proper order in which to play these?

>good/technical
>FF15
"I got good with riding a 3 wheel bike"

HD for high resolution cuties. It's a lazy upgrade though

Attached: cinque2.png (1525x1450, 893K)

This is literally Aerith's face from Crisis Core.

>putting real cars into GTA
They always look so out of place.

I don't know why I bother arguing with people incapable of having fun.

>magic is useless
Unless they nerfed it in the HD port, u wot? Combocasting/cancelling or whatever it was called high level BOMs destroys everything.

There is
Platinum Demo/Episode Carbuncle
A King's Tale
Brotherhood (Anime)
Kingsglaive (Movie)
Kingsglaive Special Thanks Movie (YouTube)
Justice Monsters V (YouTube it to see the gameplay)
King's Knight (NES Game)
King's Knight Wrath of the Dark Dragon (YouTube the story)
FFXV up to Chapter 13's end
Comrades up to credits
FFXV finishing it up
Comrades Post Game
Monster of the Deep
A New Empire (Don't Bother)
Episode Gladio
Episode Prompto
Episode Ignis
Episode Ardyn
The Novelizations of the cancelled DLC

Attached: 1459407381469.webm (640x360, 2.77M)

How exactly?

He still shows up in XIV threads desu.

First FF game I actually bought and I still have only played it for about 4 hours. Hopefully the X and X-2 remaster I got are much better

>fun
>15
It is only fun when you watch setpieces in open world. Combat becomes stale after few encounters.

>when they aren't sucking each other off
This never happened. If it did happen i demand proof, visual proof.

>Hopefully the X and X-2 remaster
>remaster
Ya fucked up

I really miss Koudelka/Shadow Hearts desu.

Why?

I don't see it.

Didn’t they remove the multiplayer features though?

The original versions are better. You can emulate them on PC.

I really couldn't get into the game, it doesn't look bad, but the combat controls being so sluggish really killed it for me.

Attached: ff15 01.jpg (3840x2160, 1.56M)

I'm kinda mad that no episode Aranea is actually coming out
hers was the one I was most hyped for because they were also implying that DLC would let you play as her in the main game
so fucking mad that we got Ardyn instead.

>20 years later
>Yea Forums is still crying about ffxv

Just buy the hd remaster for ps6 it fixed everything

>fuck up
Best selling FF game at launch to date, on-track to be the best selling of all time.
>b-b-but bad gamepl-
user...you live in capitalism. only money matters. sorry.

Oh I got it for my switch for when I travel and I heard X was one of the best in the series

Characters you don't and will never give a damn about even in the ending because even if you invest time into learning about them they have the personality of cardboard.
Gameplay balanced entirely around Killsights and it takes dozens of hours to not be about that at which point you -ga BOM the shit out of everything.
Tons of grind if you don't abuse the trainer date change EXP method thanks to having to grind out more than a dozen characters due to missions randomly splitting up your team between characters.
A story that makes no sense once you get near the last third of it with the entire ending meaning nothing to you, and then it expects you to replay yet another 30-40 hours to get a minor explanation but still end up confused. It does the Drakengard/Nier alternate endings in the worst way imaginable.

Type-0 is simply not fun in my opinion, only the panties were good.

the worst part is it really, really resembles that dogshit redesign we got from Crisis Core and Advent Children, the fucking pretty boys in black dangly outfits is gay as fuck and i'm getting tired of these faggy interpretations of some japanese homos dreams and this terrible attempt at action RPG combat bullshit

give me some fucking turn based number-crunching min max bullshit or i'm walking

i regret to admit that i unironically enjoyed comrades because the weapon modding shit fed into my autism and the "job" system it had was pretty cool, and bahamut was fun to fight
everything else was garbage though, and trying to play the main game after beating comrades was impossible, it was so fucking boring

>paying 999$ for ps6
Fuck snoy and fuck snoy people

How are you guys playing type 0 if it’s in Japanese?

Is he jerking off XV in the XIV threads?

Kek delusion. XV will not even break 10 million copies . It has sold 8 million. 7, 8 and 10 sold more. 8 sold 8.8 million, 10 has sold 10.5 million and 7 has sold 13 million. You are literally retarded if you think 15 will sell more than 7 dumbass

Attached: 30D210C4-089F-49A5-97F9-2ADC3372DB0E.jpg (590x335, 53K)

Oh yeah, watch Episode Ardyn Prologue before Episode Ardyn, it's an anime prequel. Knew I forgot something.

Special depression bonus: Watch this before everything
youtube.com/watch?v=4AptAyPIL88
It's UNCOVERED, the live stream of S-E revealing everything in the "FFXV Universe" that they had planned at the time, as well as the release date reveal. Note: They didn't make it to the release date, and delayed it months later.

Attached: 1550358751640.png (1280x720, 539K)

>only money matters.
So that’s why FF XV lost Square 30 million dollars

mmhmm, sorry sweetie. you ffanbois said xiv was dead, too.
you were wrong every other time. youll be wrong again.

i've only ever actually met one genuine basedboy in the flesh and he was some 50 year old woman's housepet with like thirty cats and a comic book obsession

no joke this was his favorite game

Nobody said XIV was dead retard it’s been successful for years now

Same shit as usual, props up XV while shittalking about every aspect of XIV. Gets especially mad when you point out how much better the story in the latest expac is compared to XV (not that this is a high bar)

And yet a more fulfilling life than Barry

It's ironic that the most old guard or people that genuine understand what people liked about Final Fantasy is working on MMO. I mean look Shadowbringers and then XV. Seriously how did Square fuck up so bad.

Attached: 1491646228380.png (600x632, 408K)

desu senpai this advent children and ff12 look isn't doing it for me anymore i miss the older high fantasy and cyberpunk shit

Hell World of Final Fantasy had more heart and captured the spirit of classic Final Fantasy than XV did. I would play WoFF ten times before I even go back and play XV once

I remember he was throwing an autism tantrum on Twitter a while back when people were shitting on FF15 DLC. He tried to deflect the shitposting by bringing up Persona 5

You have to change with the times, while still maintaining what made you exceptional. This is a very double edged knife where you can cash in small profit with focusing on dedicated fans, try to appeal both or target new ones only.
We all know what happens if you fail, you cannot always blame devs, I mean it IS damn hard to not swing one direction, but at the same time you have to be careful to not fall between two chairs too. WoW is a perfect example of what happens when you are trying to appeal everyone and their whole family included. A complete and utter failure when they try to appel everyone so badly you got a frankenstein's monster type game stitched together which is a complete chaotic mess. The matchmaking systems in most online games instead of server lists are on the same principle. Its physically impossible to please every single person, and devs should keep this in mind, to dodge conflict where everyone is unhappy, because all they get is breadcrumbs, while other games offer you a whole bread.

Attached: ordo malleus.png (680x957, 991K)

>be Tabata
>insult more than half of the fabase by saying that turn based combat is for retards and disabled/crippled people
>makes a game where you hold a SINGLE button
Oh, the irony.

I remember playing this game on the week of release and not knowing what the hell was going on. Shit was just happening, Altissa was it's own place, get pulled into a crystal, wake up to darkness and spend most of the remaining game running from monsters that were too strong for me or cause my weapons were taken away.

This game was a mess. I know it has dlc and a bunch of patches now, but there's no way they could have fixed everything.

Attached: 1536620314583.png (2560x1440, 1.11M)

>How the fuck did Square manage to fuck up Final Fantasy XV that bad? Christ Alive
They wanted to make it casual. It's still pretty fucking bad though.

For a moment I thought you were talking about BotW.

It's amazing how XIII turned out to be the least shitty part of the FNC.