ITT: God tier FPS

ITT: God tier FPS.

Attached: TSE_box_art.jpg (669x835, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
youtube.com/watch?v=bMGhry_hhis
youtu.be/bMGhry_hhis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pic not related

POS hitscanners in that game

Fuck off zoomer.

You right now:
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

Hey, pick me up! Don't you want 1 (One) health point?

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.48M)

Pic related are the only hitscan enemies in the game. Every other enemy has clear telegraphs and dodgeable projectiles.

Attached: Adult_Arachnoid_SS1.png (811x958, 502K)

you right now

Attached: 1541190769622.jpg (1000x1000, 224K)

I wish I was a zoomer, would be more comfy than being a millennial

Serious Sam level design is fucking god awful. I loved it when I was younger but going back and playing it recently, it really does not hold up.

Imagine thinking CoD2 and everything after it was anything but utter dogshit.

playing 8 player Serious same coop with Yea Forums was one of my highlights back in the day

fatty detected.
Millennials were lucky to have extreme culture and peak videogaming. There was also decent anime if you was into that.

sorry, I was thinking about BFE

Attached: Cloned_Rifleman.png (174x540, 140K)

second encounter is the best serious sam, but 2 was good too

too few enemies in 2 though, good game otherwise

The levels are perfect for what the games are trying to be and Second Encounter added a lot more gameplay variety to the levels in between all the shooting.

I was surprised that there are people who don't like these games but then I realized these are probably the people who don't pick the hardest difficulties in games and so they didn't pick Serious difficulty and didn't really get the full experience. Hence why they call it mindless and repetitive

Croteam's biggest mistake is not making Serious difficulty the Normal mode. If you are not forced to switch weapons and conserve ammo while evading every projectile you possibly can then you haven't really had a Serious Sam experience

If you have beat it on Serious difficulty then you can talk shit about it

The games are already too hard even on Normal, though.

>hits you for like 3-5 points of damage even on serious difficulty
>dies to 3 pistol shots
>has a loud and clear audio cue when they spot you, will take a full second or longer before they fire at you

what a terrifying hitscanner!

Attached: 1557960366119.gif (106x118, 7K)

yeah because it give me more fun

this
The devs flat out keep listing Smash TV as one of their main inspirations.

Piss off Civvie

What are the odds that this destroys nu-DOOM and nu-Wolfenstien?

Attached: Serious_Sam_4.jpg (460x215, 59K)

Very high, but mainstream press and epic gaymurrs will shit on it regardless
youtube.com/watch?v=bMGhry_hhis

SS4 seems more like a tech demo than an actual game

It still amazes how a small Croatian studio are responsible for some of the most technically impressive shooters.

People would probably say the same thing about Dark Souls if they were given the option to lower the difficulty. And no doubt, the review scores would be much lower if the default mode was easier

Sometimes you need to force a challenge on people for their own good. They might hate it for a bit but when they get used to it they'll end up loving the experience

Zero since by the time it comes out it has to compete with their sequel's standalone DLCs.

just like every other serious sam

Attached: shadowofchernobyl.jpg (400x225, 44K)

Based.

Attached: Stalker Gunplay.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

This.
>skateboarding and dirt riding BMX with your bros
>ebaumsworld, YTMND, Newgrounds, Stick Death etc.

Fucking excellence. I truly pity the fats.

how nostalgic...

fuck

What's the consensus on the original Serious Sam games vs the HD versions? I've only played HD.

The OG versions have some brief segments where they fuck with gravity i.e. you can walk on walls and shit, which for whatever reason didn't work on the newer engine so they got turned into more standard encounters. Outside of that the differences are minute.

>proves him right
Zoom along zoomie

Muh dick
youtu.be/bMGhry_hhis

nu-Wolfenstien is destroying itself.

Serious Sam is great, but by no means is it god tier.

Reminder that Slavs have this as a top 10 FPS.

Attached: Russian v's top 100.png (1600x816, 970K)

It fills it's niche
I have no idea why people try to paint it as something it isn't and then shit on it based on that

бeйcд cлaвc

Attached: 1507332415927.gif (213x199, 339K)

Are there any 'horde shooters' out there?
I wouldn't call Serious Sam the GOAT, but First and Second Encounter are both fantastic shooters.

they have good taste