Is this the best SO games? I'm havingna blast with this girl

Is this the best SO games? I'm havingna blast with this girl.

Attached: 1483662584909.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hKytGGaY7mI
youtube.com/watch?v=8_3RJEh4w_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=nt5GO7NcUZI
twitter.com/SOA_SQEX/status/1156519877819228161?s=20
youtu.be/aWjjO8adg4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what game

>title

Sunset Overdrive?

Yes. Best girl.

it's not bad from what I've played so far
but SO2 is the best

Gabriel ruined SO2 though.

It's okay.

Attached: DJw5INRVwAIFsPp.jpg orig.jpg (1019x1423, 216K)

where's the green lipstick

the real questions

where?
all i can see is SO

It's for losers.

Attached: 1532685630240.webm (604x1080, 2.88M)

Are the white spots holes?
Also fuck her, (not literally) she kinda ruined the game. No clue how much dialogue i actually missed thanks to her "dress"

Lurk more

2 is the best game in the series by a significant margin, while 5 is the worst game in the series by a significant margin.

No, Star Ocean 5 is the worst one. Play 2, 3, or 4.

Attached: STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE -™ 4K _ Full HD Remaster_20190720204941.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

>Are the white spots holes?
what the fuck do you think

Shit taste.
4 is an absolute abomination and has nothing to do wiht the other star ocean parts.
5 is the closest to star ocean 1. Its 2

don't play 3, play 1 instead

5 is like they tried to make 1 but with even less budget than the original SNES version had.

it's like ol lucina without her brand

is that you, draw guy?

The smartphone gachashit is the best one?

Hello there based draw user

yes

Cool!

Draw something for us user

>5 is the closest to star ocean 1.
That doesn't make it good.

5 worse than 4?
Please, do explain why you think so, I'm genuinely curious.

3>4>2>1
Didn't play 5
Saying 2 is the best is just OLD GOOD NEW BAD.

Nah, accidently used the wrong ">" "

Saying 4 is good is absolute dumb shit. The had NOTHING to offer.
>First character is dumb childhood friend clichee
>Second character is a soulles npc which only purpose is suck mc's dick
>Third character is not even a cute loli but an actual bratty child
The game failed at one of the most important RPG parts, the characters.

Attached: 1514509997231.png (499x338, 38K)

>3>4>2>1
holy shit I've never seen taste this bad
you've got 3 and 4 mixed up and 2>1 should be in the front

2 is not worse than 4 user. 4 is a legitimate mediocre game. Only 5 is worse and that's only because it's as short as 1 with no good content to make up for it.

Attached: 66521049_2411703822205986_6583061189654216704_n.jpg (544x320, 26K)

>lol u dont know my secret gamer anime game XD
Choke on lead

The "cutscenes" in 5 consist of watching your party stand in a circle talking. The camera is up to you to control but you can only swivel it in a circle around fidel.
There's a 20 minute space battle for instance in SO5 where all you do is stand behind the pilot as he narrates the supposedly "super exciting" space battle going on. I think there are maybe 3 proper cutscenes in the entire game.
In SO4 at least they animate the entire space battles.

The combat is simplified as well; you can chain combo just by spamming the same move over and over. The rock-paper-scissors battle system is also broken because just spamming whatever skill is on your heavy attack button trumps anything else an enemy can possibly try on you and vice versa.

At least in SO4 you had blindsides, you could only chain combo by using a different attack and you couldn't spam them without down-time, and you could usually see exactly what's happening on screen. In SO5 mid to end game you can't see fuck all because all 7 of your party members are blasting your screen with eyerape spells.

In SO4 you visit 7 different planets. In SO5 you're stuck on one.
In SO4 the plot revolves around colonizing different planets, and later turns into something vastly cataclysmic to the universe involving the 'Missing Procedure' and a being that exists outside the universe trying to prematurely evolve the beings within it.

In SO5 the plot is about saving a kidnapped girl 5 times in a row and the plot twist is one of those times you accidentally saved her twin sister instead.

SO4 is so superior to SO5 it's a fucking joke. The only bad thing about SO4 is Edge's emo phase, Lymle as a whole, and the character models looking like barbies.

Attached: STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE -™ 4K _ Full HD Remaster_20190803015105.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

I'd say 3 is worse than 4
I haven't played 5 enough to properly place it but so far it seems slightly on par with 4

nice filter moot
too bad OP is still a gamer

No, it's considered to be one of the worst. I'd say SO4 was the absolute worst, but only the characters were really that bad. The best SO game would have to be 2.

The romance was good and the part with the death halfway through.
>4 is a legitimate mediocre game
Like how, i fail to understand how anyone could label it as mediocre. I had to deinstall it because it was so shit.
Meanwhile i played through each star ocean about 3 times and star ocecan 3 about 10 times

What is a gamer?

did they wordfilter faggot?

I like SO3 and SO4 the best out of the series. They're easily tied for best to me.
Every character is fun to play (except Sarah).
I like the plot although the characters are definitely lacking.
The graphics are gorgeous.

Attached: Bacchus Blessed Buster final hit.webm (640x360, 1.68M)

Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness

CUMBRAlN CUMBRAlN
LOOKING LIKE A SHITSTAIN
POO POO PEE PEE
SLAVE TO SEXUAL INADEQUACY
ANIME ANIME
POSTING IT ALL DAY
BLUE BOARD ON Yea Forums
POST IT ALWAY FOR FREE

How the fuck is it not? The only thing 5 has over 4 is the cast being less annoying because they're just flat and boring instead, 5 is a piece of shit in every area from the graphics to the story to the gameplay which is the biggest issue because the gameplay is even more braindead than in 3 while also being actively sabotaged by the fucking atrocious camera, shitty skill system that's just full of SP sinks for minor damage boosts, and terrible field areas with a bunch of one-way drops making them a chore to explore along with the lack of fast travel for the majority of the game.

>no jiggle at all
gay

SO5 was hot garbage and probably killed the series.

I'll tell you when it's on PC, but since SO is mobatrash now it probably sucked.

I actually really liked SO4's battle system. Even if you argue blindsides are braindead and such I still feel everyone was fun to use.

The plot and characters are ultra dumb. Still it's fun in a completely ridiculous manner

>5 is a piece of shit in every area from the graphics
Woah now I think SO4 is superior in every aspect as well but SO5 is genuinely gorgeous to look at. The crisp, clean style and cool colour choice is really pleasant.

Attached: STAR OCEAN_ Integrity and Faithlessness_20160714204329.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

>Probably
The series is now restricted to a phone game that's only kept afloat in the west by letting you roll for Nier: Automata and Final Fantasy characters as well.

Attached: nier automata in star ocean anamnesis.png (720x1440, 2.02M)

that was 4 user, 5 tried to save it.
Really, it had rpg elements? terrible game. Heres star ocean 4 for you
>Abyssmal shit characters
>Boring plot, which means it allready failed in the 2 mot important things a jrpg should have
>Combat is a pathetic try to add a new mechanic without coding it into the partys ai

>Even if you argue blindsides are braindead
Only for most enemies. Most bosses and some enemies will absolutely fuck you up if you even dare try to blindside them. Some of them detonate into an instant death AoE if you blindside them at all.
All the characters are fun to play as though.

Attached: palace of creation.png (1920x1080, 2.64M)

Dunno about the blindsides, i pretty much got tired of the combat at the first real boss. Could only be damaged from behind, the party ai wasnt coded for that. So basicly i let my whole party die and just blindside-->hit, blindside--->hit a boss with to much hp down.

5 is tri-Ace's best attempt at rendering their anime styled character designs in 3D but that's the only thing it does right in terms of visuals, it otherwise looks like shit with boring lifeless environments with bad textures and the animations are garbage, and that's when shit is actually animated at all and not 90% of the cutscenes being "Fidel stands around while characters wave their hands like it's Mass Effect".

Ye i dont know, i`d accept
>Everything but the combat sucks
If the game was an arpg, not a jrpg.

star ocean 4 might have a retarded story and the characters may be poorly written

but I wanna FUCK meracle

>>Boring plot,
I thought the plot about Earth being fucked up by world war 3, and humans having to turn to colonizing other planets only to be faced with several far more advanced civilizations as well as an inter-dimensional god-like being forcing evolution and absorbing life-force to cause a re-set to the entire universe was really interesting.
Far more interesting than the plot of 5 at least. What was the plot of 5 again? Please remind me.

JRPG =/= Turn based RPG
JRPG can include Action RPGs, which the star ocean series is.
Nice job revealing you never played any of these games idiot.

>In SO5 mid to end game you can't see fuck all because all 7 of your party members are blasting your screen with eyerape spells.
People will defend this

Attached: can't see shit emmerson.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

Off yourselve.
Jrpg means Eastern designed CRPG aka. ConsoleRPG.
It doesnt matter if its turnbased or not.

Don't remember that. But I haven't played 4 since it's original release. But that sounds about right.

It does take a little while to open up fully however. Even I'll admit that.

SO is a JRPG with an ARPG battle system. Which is kinda the whole point of the games besides the "Tales: But in space" aspect.

Attached: __meracle_chamlotte_star_ocean_star_ocean_anamnesis_and_star_ocean_the_last_hope_drawn_by_izupix__ba (1200x1500, 840K)

is this koikatsu or is this legit from the game?

Imagine trying to defend 5's garbage skill system when it's just a terrible shallow implementation of what 2, 4, and 1 PSP did far better.

Attached: why star ocean 5 is shit.png (1597x896, 266K)

Neither. It's from Anamnesis, a mobile spinoff game of the series.

Lurk more

>It doesnt matter if its turnbased or not.
That's literally what I just said. This poster:
Was claiming SO4 was not an ARPG. It's an action based combat JRPG.
I don't remember Meracle's vulva being so puffy on 360 or ps3. Playing this on ps4 now and wow.

Attached: STAR OCEAN™ - THE LAST HOPE -™ 4K _ Full HD Remaster_20190721184126.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Please don't argue semantics. Otherwise, people are going to pick at your use of "Console" in defining CRPG with the argument that the SO series would still fit as they were developed for consoles. I'm pretty sure you meant menus, but I've actually never heard of a CRPG being defined as such before.

>All that damage.
>The enemy (ethereal queen?)'s HP doesn't go down at all.
This is why I fucking hated SO5 endgame.

why is the mc in jrpg always some 8 year old boy?

No, its not what you said. Read your own post Jrpg doesant mean its turnbased. And no, JRPG cant include ActionRPGS since both are 2 different genres.
You can have a more action oriented combat system. Doesnt mean its excuseable for a jrpg to have shitty characters and a shit story.

1 was cool but kind of frustrating to navigate the field in, 2 was perfection, haven't played blue sphere, 3 was a genuine trash fire, 4 was fun despite its mostly horrible writing and awkward, stilted dialogue, 1 PSP was modeled after perfection but is still kinda short and has a very sudden ending compared to 2, 2 PSP is watered down perfection, 5 is very ok

anamnesis is gachashit
she had a VERY puffy vulva

While we're on the topic of SO5 why the fuck did they bother showing the gate? Why was there a portal directly to it on bumfucknowhereplanet?
Why was it a circle instead of a rectangle?
Is this just to prove it's an alternate universe within the eternal sphere? A retcon? What?

Attached: STAR OCEAN_ Integrity and Faithlessness_20160717162811.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)

>semen synapses: the thread

Its 2019.
"In a world where each information is accessable at your fingertip, ignorance is the greatest sin".
Now go and google the term CRPG, you'll eventually find out why rpg's are one of the only genres that are named between W and J and why there is no Jfps and Wfps

JRPG means a Japanese Role Playing Game.
The star ocean series are these with action, non-turn based comabat, therefore Action based RPG combat.
It's an ARPG and a JRPG.
JRPG doesn't mean what you want it to, it's not a clearly defined specific genre and throwing a tantrum about it isn't going to change this fact.

They want the gate to be Star Ocean's version of FF's crystals.

Stop this shit. Go back to your fucking reddit.
There is nothing such as Action JRPG.
JRPG means eastern deigned CRPG, that what it meant since over 20 years and your reddit tier knoweledge wont change that.

Was it good? I haven't heard or seen jack shit about people opinions about the game. Did it flew under the radar or something?

Attached: 1562342768095.jpg (567x650, 46K)

Maybe they should just not touch on the gate stuff again. They already did all they could with it in SO3 which was great, and four-dimensional beings just being hyper-technologically advanced humanoids was a good twist.

People actually use "it's the current year" as an argument now on this place? Sorry, but saying that makes me take what you're saying a lot less seriously, so I'd recommend not doing that in the future. Also, I've heard CRPG defined as Classic role playing game and describing games like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate or Arcanum. Maybe there are some communities out there that use the term as ConsoleRPG nowadays, but that's not the case here.

Read the thread

>reddit reddit reddit baww
I'm glad you show your true colours, the only thing that matters to you is trying to belittle me. Your opinion doesn't mean fuck all anymore. Goodbye.

Comic are western, Manga is japanese.
If the manga was drawn in the west, would you call lolis a western character?
Jrpg doesnt mean its made in japanese, it means it has a japanese designstyle.

Yes, what else should i call you? absolutely everyone thats longer than 1 year on this board could explain you the exact same thing.

It was hyped up by people who kept obsessing over Fiore's outfit and comparing her to Magilou from Berseria. SO5 came out and it turned out to be an awful game not worth your money so people stopped speaking about it.
Kappa Mikey and Totally Spies are not anime if that's what you're getting at.

Its alright
Anyways
>great games
>good games
4 and 5
>shit
I haven't played

>tail is not a buttplug
They had ONE JOB.

It was just an analogy for him to understand it better

*I haven't played 2

It's okay at best.

I've been here since 2006 yet you feel comfortable convincing yourself that I'm new because it's an anonymous imageboard with no way to prove one way or the other. You're a fucking child. I don't need to prove anything to someone who can't keep his composure in a discussion and getting pissy and calling me names isn't going to change the fact JRPG doesn't mean what you want it to.

you should absolutely play 2, user
it's great

I've been here for a decade and yet I'm still arguing against you. Where are you getting your definitions of what a JRPG or CRPG is? I've heard of people mistakenly calling turn-based RPGs JRPGs, but saying an action RPG can't be a JRPG is pretty silly. That's like saying you can't have a game fit into two genres.

No, you`re obivously not. Stop pretending.
>You're a fucking child.
Right back at you. You can right now just tip "cprg" into google and inform yourselve instead of spouting dumb shit.

>Shit
>3
Give it more credit than that, man. It was a great game.

Attached: SO3 Ethereal Blast.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

Well, this is the first result.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-03+at+02.26.31).png (632x164, 12K)

Its because those 2 genres negate each other by default.
Action rpgs are named action rpgs especially because they are not crpg's. They focuse on the actionparts rather than the adventure. Less dialogue, less cutscenes, less character developments. Its the same with SRPG btw.

Its a great game its just the worst Star Ocean
The combat is slow as fuck
Some of the best field and dungeon themes in any game I've ever played though

I never claimed I didn't know what a CRPG is. Please keep up with the discussion. I'm trying my best to help educate you but you're really flipping the fuck out here.

Attached: hfgh.png (284x689, 194K)

Open a link and read the full article, oh fucking common. Do i have to explain you now how to google things?

Attached: 1542324863108.webm (720x1280, 1.36M)

Switch 5 and 3. 5 doesn't deserve to be called good.

Who cares if it's not a CRPG? We're talking about whether it's a JRPG or not. Anyways, I guess an argument could be made that it's a CRPG by looking at this definition , but I don't care to try that because it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Here's another one from a decade ago.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-03+at+02.27.33).png (580x476, 33K)

sniff
haha

I played that SO for the PSP and I thought it was really cool

>Playing anamnesis half-assedly, saving for Arumat or Bacchus if they EVER come out.
>Get Crowe.
>Remember Crowe was jerked off to be the best at everything always in SO4.
>Think he must be good.
>Turns out he's garbage.

Attached: we truly were the star ocean the last hope 4k full HD remaster.png (1920x1080, 1.19M)

Posting a random cherrypicked picture doesnt proof you anything.
Read it you dumbfuck

Attached: Screenshot (113).png (1920x1080, 444K)

This game was awful

For you, user.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-03+at+02.31.47).png (774x820, 52K)

Great, you know what CRPGs are. Where does that fit in to the discussion? Because Star ocean is both a JRPG and an ARPG.

Is it that time again?

Attached: SOA3.webm (624x1080, 1.28M)

im assuming its just a shitty gacha? is it worth playing?

Well, user asked for people to look up what a CRPG is for some reason, so I did so out of the kindness of my heart since he seemed to be unable to do so. Not really sure why he wanted it, though, since like you said, we're talking about games that are ARPGs and JRPGs.

>all those hit affects cluttering and obscuring the entire fucking screen
disgusting.

Kys.
also this

Attached: Screenshot (115).png (1920x1080, 452K)

Unfortunately. That I cannot say, I haven't actually touched the gatcha myself. Although another user could probably help on that topic.

Pretty sure it went down

The truth:

2>3>1>4>5

Game is only good for the titty witch. And the highlights are posted in any thread concerning the game.
The game is just a fucking chore.

I posted a few of the first results I got from google since that's what you asked me to do. Pretty sure you can't tell me to kys because of doing what you suggested unless you want to go do that first. Give me proof of your deed, then I will follow your advice once more. Also, are you really using Wikipedia as a reliable source?

I'm playing it right now. It's alright. I have all the Nier characters and some of my favourite characters from SO (Fayt, Fiore, Stephen Kenny, Maria, Cliff).
It's got ARPG combat, it can be fun to party up with random people and communicate via "stickers".

Also interesting for you.
Wikipedia is more reliable than your dumb smartphone website

Attached: Screenshot (117).png (1920x1080, 395K)

What are some other games featuring lewd witches?
Even in DS3 I can't help but make witch characters.

>What was the plot of 5 again? Please remind me.
save space loli

You may have actual autism.

I'm pretty sure he does. There's no reason for him to pick this one thing to argue about when we could be talking about the series instead. Actually, I think I remember seeing this kind of conversation before in a Star Ocean before. I wonder if he hates the series and tries to ruin these threads by bringing this crap up or what. Either way, it's probably best just to ignore him from now on.

BEHOLD
youtube.com/watch?v=hKytGGaY7mI
>Under The Witch is the UE4game for adults under development.
>A player should protect the semen from Witches.
>Witches are creatures in the shape of a woman.
>A human is just a food ,luxury goods or a pet for them in the world.
>If a human is a cow , a semen is a milk.
>If you are forced to ejaculate by witches, you will be exploitated the semen and your body forever.

No, i love the series. Its my favourite JRPG franchise. I hate the odea of redditniggers that doesnt even understand the difference between ARPG and JRPG on a japanese culture board

>Some of the best field and dungeon themes in any game I've ever played though
The dungeon design is where 3 really stands out, every other game in the series is a joke in that area.

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness

These guys are retarded

Good idea.

Anyway some of the attacks you get in anamnesis makes me wish they'd remake some of the earlier star ocean games from the ground up. Fayt's new attack where he summons four swords and shoots them at an enemy is wicked, I want to use it in a proper SO game.

Attached: dfgdgdf.png (720x1440, 2.12M)

Attached: 1515834169100.jpg (723x540, 138K)

This ahouldn't be legal.

Attached: SOA5.webm (624x1080, 745K)

The dragon dungeons with the pipe was so painfull. Took me an eternity to figure out that it was all about the sensitivity.

I've only played 3, 4, 5 and Anamnesis.
I have no intention of playing the first two.

Attached: lemon lick.gif (362x296, 850K)

>What was the plot of 5 again? Please remind me.
You're some random swordsman who lives in the shadow of his father and your town gets attacked by some bandits so you go to the kingdom to ask for aid and get rejected because they're too busy fighting another kingdom, then on the way back home a UFO crashes in front of you and you save a loli from some guys, then you go to find out where the loli comes from, then the loli gets kidnapped and you go save her, then you find out where she came from, then the loli gets kidnapped and you go save her again, then you go fight the other kingdom your kingdom was at war with because they joined up with the aliens trying to hunt down the loli, then the loli gets kidnapped and you go save her again, and then I dropped the game.

Should play the remake of 1 when it comes out and then 2.

I remember an image of blue sphere rena pissing herself
it was really good

I played the SO3 HD remake on PS4 recently and they changed it so the pressure sensitivity can be triggered by holding a shoulder button and it made the dungeon a fucking breeze.
I was really not looking forward to that dungeon but that was a nice change and it made it way more tolerable.

Attached: star ocean 3 santa.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

Ye, had it on my 3rd playthrough on emulator. You could just set a hotkey for the button with configured sensitivity. Was quite comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=8_3RJEh4w_Q

Attached: 1515344286.gif (640x360, 1.77M)

>the SO3 HD remake on PS4
Shame they didn't add dual-audio, 3's dub is atrocious.

Attached: __chisato_madison_star_ocean_and_star_ocean_the_second_story__c851fed94007bf96bdf714d0075775df.jpg (550x700, 78K)

This is not good outfit for well-mannered lady

She isn't a well-mannered lady.

this is one of the clearest examlpes of "sex sales" a lot of peopl that did not care about that game got it only for the girl

Prove it

I just want to say Reimi is miracle of the universe and SO3 is the best one.

Attached: DZXti2gVoAEgpAc.png orig.png (941x1500, 1.33M)

precis is the true miracle and 2 is the best one

is OP the absolute best piece of fan service the game has to offer? it has my attention but i don't want to play if the rest of the game is a slog and that's the only tease i get.

Attached: 20171223203157_1.jpg (1920x1080, 625K)

Doubt it, rule 34 of this tiddy witch is hard to find.

Theres not much fanservice in star ocean games in general. In fact many people hate her to be dressed like that.

Pedophile

Attached: 20171221023011_1.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

Attached: 20171212145035_1.jpg (1920x1080, 239K)

What that user said is true. I want to get the game just because of her despite knowing the game isn't that good.
And because of how niche the series is it's not going to get many artists on board.

Cute

reimi is like 15, user

I LOVE MYURIA
but her being 22 and not older kind of makes her personality seem dumb

Attached: 20171219084547_1.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

if you are in or the fanservice you'll feel scamed, if you want gameplay you're better off with 4

Attached: SOA6.webm (624x1080, 2.77M)

Being 22 in Japanese media is like being in her mid-40s.

lipstick is most guaranteed way to make your character instantly immensely ugly

Attached: 20171219000744_1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

>You may have actual autism.
Welcome to 4chen

Attached: 1563418160455.gif (540x304, 2.93M)

no, it's the new word the discord tranny raiders came up with and spammed since last week
you should know the one

The how come she is space officer? The military wouldn't even let her on the ship!

gamer? incel? there's a lot of them
well, the military doesn't seem to exist in any large number since apparently earth is a husk now so I dunno

It's a terrible game but the ass is fat so that elevates it a bit.

sperm mind
jizz head
spunk dome

etc
c _ _ b _ _ _ _

it's extremely transparent, and kinda pathetic that this is all they can do all day

oh, thank god they filtered that

>that little adjustment
Don't make me download a fucking gachashit, don't do this to me

Attached: intensesweat.png (417x234, 103K)

The original poster for it is a genius. Singlehandedly doubled the amount of hentai threads posted on Yea Forums. The real problem is the amount of retards that cling onto it because 'le new funny boozeword xD.'

Not him, but allready thought so. That went fast this time, im kinda surprised

SO 1 > 2

Attached: SOA8.webm (720x960, 751K)

that's a really hot but also unique take and I respect you for that

you're alright, different opinion-having faggot

Spread your cheeks and I'll proceed with insertion.

>mobile game is worse than 5, 4, or 3

You are fucking insane.

So what I got from this thread is that Star Ocean 3, 4, and 5 are all shit...

Gameplay is good and satisfying, regarding story and characters your mileage may vary.

3 is pretty solid but has a plot twist that SO fans didn't like in general, 4 has awful characters but okay gameplay, and 5 is just mediocre.

I don't feel 3 is shit personally.

It just has the misfortune of being released after a fan favorite. And takes a while to really get going. And the actual battle system can be hit or miss to people because of things like MP death.

And the story/characters depends on the person. I don't mind it. Not even the twist bothers me.

Attached: __nel_zelpher_star_ocean_star_ocean_anamnesis_and_star_ocean_till_the_end_of_time_drawn_by_akawiro__ (650x919, 517K)

No.
Best Gameplay-4
Overall Plot Fuckey-3
Overall Package Quality-2

i started playing the first one on SNES
i'm actually laughing at how star trek it actually is.
saw that there was a psp version, should i drop the snes one and jump on that while i'm still fairly early?

>the crew of the gacha game visit more planets than the crews from 3, 4, and 5

Attached: 1504127100337.png (356x276, 204K)

What does the mobile game has to offer beside fanservice waifus?
I actually didnt play it yet, i avoid gacha

Legit curious, 4 is not good by any means,but the combat is one of the best for me, I'm the only one who thinks that?

Well, if you're familiar with the series already, then you get Welch as a party member in the PSP version. If not, I wouldn't bother switching.

Basicly yes, the psp version adds character pictures, voice and a better graphic in general, without adding dumb features or anything

>subtitles still have the name of the character speaking even though the camera is always focused on their mouth and we can hear their voice
Bothers me to no end.

1 is more of a remake desu
I'd at least give the snes version a go first

It's the almost the exact same game besides some added changes and PSP 1 uses a reworked version of 2's battle system.

It's really up to you desu.

you get to see the characters from different games interact a bit, but only in events, and it can be cute.
i think it's all written by the same people.
they also showed some actual love to valkyrie profile.
hrist finally gets a small story of her own.
youtube.com/watch?v=nt5GO7NcUZI

>while 5 is the worst game in the series by a significant margin.

haha, no
4 exists

Oh so that's why I have seen those shit insults lately. Wish I could leave Yea Forums, but there are some decent threads from time to time.

Yes, remake battle system is much better.

I enjoy it. The only characters I don't like playing as are Faize and Sarah, but everyone else has something about them that makes them fun to play. I'm currently playing through the remake and I've been using Bacchus as a psuedo-MegaMan by doing his slide dash into a basic attack.

Yes, and 5 is significantly worse than 4.

>hrist finally gets a small story of her own
Fucking VP3 when?

No, 4 has the best combat in the series. Problem is that the combat is the only good thing about 4.

She is literally one of the few good parts of the game.

The world map is terrible and barren and looks like ass.
Nobody ever gets visible weapon changes save for the MC getting one new sword.
Most of the characters are bland and forgettable.
Star Ocean games work better when the MC is a space fairer thrust onto a primitive planet and forced to adapt and possibly breed one of the locals. Not when it's a native who just happens to be uncovering space stuff as it happens around him.
Combat is bland and forgettable.
The story is bland and forgettable.
The soundtrack is mediocre.

I'm willing to bet that half the people who even purchased the game only got it because they saw a webm like the one in the OP that showed Tittygreen McDiamondButt.

Good for you user. I dropped not long after the UFO first showed up

never ever

Attached: hrist never.png (512x1100, 209K)

Star Ocean went too weeb, it’s virtually indistinguishable from Tales now. I appreciated the vibe of 2 and it only got worse from there

2 is the best hands down, followed by 1 then 3. 4 is such garbage that it drove me away from playing this one, so no idea where it falls.

>tfw brave exvius had another VP collab in jp and it was lezard(which is fine) and fucking mystina

Attached: muh valkfu.png (512x764, 146K)

In what fucking way?

The only thing that most Star Ocean games are good for is the combat system (except for 2, which is good in several ways) and SO4's combat is trash.
You only get two fucking buttons to assign killer moves to, which restricts your access and options.
They removed combat mechanics from 3 like Strong/Weak attacks
They shoehorned a new combat mechanic, Blindsides, when there's no reason to use them in 99% of fights. Seriously, they do nothing (and if they character you're playing as has a bad Blindside animation they might be worse than doing nothing) outside of the bosses that are specifically designed to force you to use them.

Attached: SOA9.webm (624x1080, 2.7M)

Attached: 1564724802135.png (952x717, 333K)

>welch sideboob
oh man

Welch looks like that? Damn.

>tfw star ocean makes me wish we were in an age of space exploration
>we are in one of the worst ages possible and can only dream of this right now

i miss JRPGs didnt needed this to attract players.

>In what fucking way?
Every way that isn't the character models.
>The only thing that most Star Ocean games are good for is the combat system (except for 2, which is good in several ways) and SO4's combat is trash.
Full retard, 4 has the best combat in the series and 5 is the second-worst beating out only to 1 on the SNES.
>They shoehorned a new combat mechanic, Blindsides, when there's no reason to use them in 99% of fights.
What kind of retarded opinion is this? They're always helpful for the damage bonus and enemy stun, are you just too retarded to get the timing right?

What is this from?
I thought SO went mobile?

You're looking at said mobile game user.

Attached: DpTLRfoVsAAjmbA.jpg orig.jpg (712x941, 128K)

If the back was cut a little lower it'd be that meme sweater

Back to facebook negro de mierda
Don't post in 2000 years

you call that jiggle?
twitter.com/SOA_SQEX/status/1156519877819228161?s=20
i'm glad these guys seem to be having so much fun with this.
sexiness should be a thing to be enjoyed

If I had had a PS4 at the time, then I would have bought it because I was looking forward to another Star Ocean game and it looked interesting. Good thing I didn't since it turned out to be bad.

cringe

got summer myuria or reimi?
that's the good shit

5 is more simmiliar to 1. It has some really nice features like role system that lets you have more controle over your characters and partymembers, but the story is kind of short and falls off after the second half. Also you have to get all the character dialogues yourself by doing events in the citys. It also has a romance plot again

>Feel like playing Covenant again
>Remember that the localisation stripped out all the voice acting and there's no undub

Attached: 1313300393009.jpg (180x180, 5K)

>but the story is kind of short and falls off after the second half.
How can it possibly fall off in the second half when the entire first half of the game is nothing but saving the loli from repeated kidnappings?

Talking about the half after the real endboss (der suul)
not wanting to spoiler anything

The problem with the combat system in 5 is that while having the whole 7 member party out at all times is a neat concept, it leads to a bunch of balance and design issues

Attached: SOA10.webm (624x1080, 2.8M)

Switch release when?

Fuck that, gimme those ports of SO1 and 2 on PS4 so I can have all games on one system.

The latest Star Ocean

Attached: SOA1.webm (624x1080, 2.75M)

Why don't they make a game where the girl has a big juicy butt and is wearing a g string and the material is very thin so you can see the edges of her butthole as well.

Oh, she actually got a summer version? That almost makes me want to pick the game back up.

Why don't big developers just make porn games so they can stop compromising the integrity of their real games with shitty fanservice

Did you totally miss the part where Blindsides cause an enemy to stop targeting you, on top of the guaranteed crits and bonus damage they provide? I agree with you on the animation part, as trying to pull them off with certain characters is a massive pain in the ass. Also, you can have 6 slots for killer moves, with the caveat that you have to combo into them, which is still better than 3's short and longe range dichotomy, on top of allowing access to 2 more attacks.

Is it a bad idea to buy the game just for her?

Thats a good idea, I'd like to see a porn game.

aw yeah
i wish short shorts were more common in my area

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-07-18-32-37.png (1080x1920, 1.99M)

Because a lot of them are too focused on having their games be sold in stores or on consoles for them to make straight up porn games. It's worked for Alicesoft all of these years, so I really don't see a huge issue with making a game like that every now and then.

because that's genuinely what they want to do.
they love fanservice themselves and just want to spread that love of the characters around.

>No butt physics
0/10

Attached: qeqwe.jpg (222x227, 16K)

real shame

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-08-16-31-39.png (1080x1920, 2.19M)

think that only became important after that game
jiggly butts are more common now than then

Or
If you've been alive for more than ten years
You'd realize that these kinds of games are as soulless as marvel movies and are engineered to pander to as many horny nerds as possible to make their game more money. Reasoning like that is why belle Delphine can make seven or eight figures a year selling bathwater

ye, and your partymembers can take off her pants to lick her butthole, which gives them a temporary attackboost.
We could call it "Why the fuck was it even called ocean 6" or "Titty ocean - cant spell passion without licking buttholes"

bro, allow me to invalidate any effort you made by not reading your post.
peace

>they love fanservice themselves
they love it so much that the first entrys contained close to none.

Your dick would thank you.

Game should be all about masturbating and cuming.

K
Go be retarded somewhere else

Based and cumpilled

Tri ace is barely the same people it used to be

The tail looks retarded.
That's not how tail should be and it completely ruins the design.

Attached: SOA11.webm (624x1080, 2.8M)

CUMBRAlN THREAD AH YISSS

sakuya bones really changed her hairdo

It's fun not gonna lie, but is also a gacha, luckly is not as aggressive as other mobile games, you can focus on 1 character and be done.

youtu.be/aWjjO8adg4g

I think SO4 actually had jiggle physics, so it's unfortunate to see SO5 not have them.

dunno how you can say that when pericci was totally a fetish character

I brought it because the director kept bragging that it was going to be like Star Ocean 2. Boy did that turn out to be a fucking joke.

something that is pretty nice about it is that you can just do the maze of tribulations every day and just stock up on gems easily, i've never been starving for premium currency.

Attached: Sticker_55_animated.gif (320x300, 182K)

Attached: stp_th_stp100-0.png (256x256, 79K)

Attached: SOA13.webm (492x1080, 2.38M)

4 has phenominal gameplay while the story is the kind of trainwreck that's enjoyable to witness, you just have shit taste in SO

star ocean is still a thing? the only thing i remember is the failed mobile gacha and the remaster release on steam
hai ace

I dont care much about gameplay in jrpg. It has to have good story and characters, which are a complete mess in 4.

Sup user.

Attached: __star_ocean_drawn_by_hankuri__08b6c0dd34797e92f1bf90c84ff126c0.jpg (433x650, 59K)

Attached: 1508792583352.gif (300x400, 514K)

Well SO has been a series where the gameplay is a huge part of it so you're definitely playing the wrong series

Its only a huge part compared to other Jrpg. Star oceans strong side was allways its characters and story.

True, but I'm just trying to say that 4's saving grace is having great gameplay which unfortunately came at the cost of decent writing. If it was able to be an h-game like some rumours I've heard here before it would be one of the best h-games of all time though

god i wish that were me

Smeared all over my dick

I agree, it should have been a buttplug

Attached: SOA14.webm (624x1080, 2.86M)

>Star oceans strong side was allways its characters and story.
How is this true when the story and characters were shit in every game except 2 and even 2 has issues with the plot like the sorcery globe on Expel never being resolved?

>I dont lile them so your opinion is wrong!
You not liking the characters and story doesnt change the facts that the first mechanical star ocean was 3 and even that had 10 hours of raw cutscenes only for the mainadventure.

>the first mechanical star ocean was 3
The fuck is this meant to mean? 2 already had gameplay that was leagues above most JRPGs of the time and 3 was a downgrade in many regards.

>The fuck is this meant to mean?
Use your imagination, its not that hard. I believe in you