What's the better way to play Persona 3?

Attached: persona-3-best-version-759x500~2.png (487x410, 279K)

FES

skip it and play 2 instead.

FES

by playing Persona 4 Golden on Vita

I want to but I don't have a vita

FES is unplayable cause you can't control your party members.

Portable is a visual novel with some actual combat.

Portable? Can't get through FES so I'm a little biased I guess.

Genuinely amazes me so many of you didn't buy a VitaTV when they were like $20.

P3P on Vita is the best experience. Best gameplay + fewest hours spent on same content.

The VN aspect of it is an improvement, don't listen to FES brainlets.

>control your party members
what does this mean? you can't choose what skills they use? i've only played smt games

FES emulated

>i've only played smt games
holy freaking based!

Yeah, they're controlled by AI

P3P since after you can play P4G on the same system after

Not directly. You can only influence their decisions. There is a pc mod for full party control though.

FES is the best for your first time but portable for repeat playthroughs
The game isn’t that bad without it but I do agree that they fucked up mitsuru is the best example
Poatable

Attached: 77D7E52A-EE94-4E38-8BB9-10CF000B4F19.jpg (1125x871, 111K)

There's a mod for FES to have controllable party members, this isn't a valod argument anymore

Both have good and bad points, sadly Atlus never released a definitive P3 version like P4 with Golden.

FES. Portable has some unique content and is fine for a second playthrough if you're so inclined, but FES is the definitive version of the game.

You can give command suggestions like
>knockdown
Teammate will focus on trying to knockdown enemy without supporting
>heal/support
Buff or heal
>full assault
Will try to kill the enemy
>act freely
full AI control
It’s not too bad if you scan opponents and the combat is still fun but I do prefer direct commands

FES and watch the answer youtube.

FES. Vanilla of course no need with FES and P3P should only be played after FES and not as a stand-alone experience if you can help it. The cuts and changes are not good and controlling characters breaks the philosophy and gameplay structure of the game and makes it piss easy. Also female MC should only be played on second play through regardless.

Don’t watch the answer

P3P for all the QoL and interface improvements

i don't get it
sounds like cheating
thanks. planning to play this after im done with SJ redux

its cannon and its nothing you can do about it.

>FES is unplayable cause you can't control your party members.

look at this pleb.

Attached: 1558722975704.jpg (210x251, 9K)

Emulating FES.

Yeah but it isn’t good
Refer to this chart

Attached: FF534311-2D7F-48AA-A301-1055DC36FFD0.jpg (1024x889, 200K)

>FES is unplayable cause you can't control your party members.

Attached: 1564765276205.gif (425x425, 3.95M)

Hahahaha p5 wasn't even edgy. It was P4 without the charm

P3P:
>Removes persona fusion spells.
>Removes The Answer, an extra epilogue story mode with about 20 hours of content.
>Doesn't let you explore the city at your leisure.
>Not controlling your party members is never an issue because you can change tactics which prevents party members from doing stupid shit (I.E: switching to "target weaknesses" means Mitsuru will never bother with Marin Karin (lel the meme spell haha so funny right?) and will do exactly as she was told).

Attached: 1553919724350.png (960x1080, 775K)

play? portable
better experience overall? FES

FeMC > answer but otherwise you’re spot on but honestly they could’ve taken it a step forward and allowed you to change their moveset

I thought they changed that in the FES version by adding an option at least I remember it. It was only the OG P3 that you couldn't.

This, I never had an issue with AI because I always changed up tactics seems people never learned the tactics mechanic

FES you still couldn’t but they added more tactics

>Removes persona fusion spells.
You know as well as I do that's not true. They're still in the game, albeit in a different form.
>Removes The Answer, an extra epilogue story mode with about 20 hours of content.
The Answer is garbage, nothing of value was lost.
>Doesn't let you explore the city at your leisure.
Objectively untrue. In fact P3P makes it easier to explore the city at your leisure by adding a save point in the classroom so you don't have to rush through a time slot to save.
>Not controlling your party members is never an issue
Having to manually equip and micromanage your party's inventory rather than just doing it all from one menu like every other RPG ever made, on the other hand, is an omnipresent issue.

How braindead do you have to be to think people don't know how to use tactics? It's never been that people don't know how to use it, the complaint is that it is a needless step and instance of RNG where none needed to exist.

Different user, but I remember finding tactics interesting and unique, as it kinda reinforced that in this game, you play as *you* and your party/social links are separate people distinct from your player input. I see how less control = more potential frustration, but I was surprised how much more generic fights in P4 felt once I had normal party control.

It made you feel like a leader but a lot of people probably feel like it shits

this

So did you use full party control in P4 and P5 or did you let the AI control themselves again?

>sounds like cheating
no because the PSP one already has this option

I stick to default gameplay modes because I am an npc cuck.

I think I had 100 hours in FES and I dont remember ever having problems with Mitsuru's ai, same thing with Minotaur and the "Walter casted Agi". Maybe most SMT/Persona players are just bad, too bad im already know pretty much everything there is to know about Matador, so when I eventually play Nocturne, I will know what I have to do.

FES was designed with AI control in mind thus portable sucks

You didn't answer the question.

The better way is to not play it at all. It sucks donkey dick.

FES. Portable is shit and femc ruined Persona.

4 and 5 are designed for control

Fes since controlling party members breaks the game in half.

Don't skip it. But still play Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment.
Also
>FES

That's weird. P4 and as I recall even P5 default to letting the AI control themselves, which you apparently prefer. Yet, you made the decision to go against that. It's almost like if P3 had the option you would do the same thing and you're only defending this because it does not in fact give you the option. But I'm sure I'm wrong and P3 would be the odd one out and the only game out of the three that you wouldn't do it in.

Portable had the option and it literally broke the game. I tried playing with AI in 4 and 5 and it was miserable where in 3 I actually felt I as a player benefitted from it even getting my ass saved

>Posting a shitty edit

Attached: 1558377438803.jpg (1890x1640, 865K)

>Portable had the option and it literally broke the game
Implying you prefer the challenge.
>I tried playing with AI in 4 and 5 and it was miserable
Implying you're a hypocritical bitch.

p3p

>too dumb to figure out ISO
>english is like 90$
welp guess I have to learn Japanese

As in an iso for emulation? Nigger just google.

If you have a PS3 it's like 10 bucks on the store.

Yes it fucking is. It's a console game and not everybody is gonna have a pc to run it

Emulating FES with the full party control mod.

Play the original not the dumbed down FES version which makes easier an already easy game

>inb4 retards start calling P5 original the best version of P5

are you retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-175149_eBay.jpg (1079x368, 130K)

FES, if you don't mind AI party-control which isn't as terrible as people make it sound.

FES also has the epilogue, Portable doesn't. YMMV on how you view that.

They never do.

See what I mean?

>you play as *you* and your party/social links are separate people distinct from your player input.
literally any other jrpg in existence could have used this as a justification to use this gimmick combat system. there's a reason they don't, though, and it's because it sucks.

Skip it and play 4 or 5 instead.