Have a fucking dead man's arm possess someone with absolutely no explanation in an absurd turn even for the tone of...

>Have a fucking dead man's arm possess someone with absolutely no explanation in an absurd turn even for the tone of your series thus far
>Go out of your way to make a prequel game in which you explain this with the fact the father of the possessed man had the power to commune with the dead and this ability must have been inherited by his son
>Next game throw all that out and say it was done by self hypnosis
>Game after that say that the father didn't have any supernatural abilities it was just some parasites
Why do people defend Kojima's story telling?

Attached: liquid arm.jpg (763x470, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QqeAqunoJAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wBLCS46OkYo#t=4m23s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Ultra intelligent A.I. that controls the entire world's culture, society and warfare against each other
>Falls to "DURR, I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE LIQUID"
MGS 4 is so shit

I want to say its a ripoff of a segment from Body Bags.

>Why do people defend Kojima's story telling?
He's pretty good.

>Next game throw all that out and say it was done by self hypnosis
This only happened because people would not stop demanding explanations for everything.

>They forced me at gunpoint to write the shit game, please, have mercy
Fuck off, Kojima

since when were the parasites mentioned for the sorrow?

Everything after 2 is non canon

ITT People literally incapable of understanding the plot of MGS

Based. Snake and Holly lived in a comfy shack in Alaska and lived happy lives forever and ever.

It's in a tape (like every other fucking piece of exposition in the game), it says basically the entire unit got their abilities from parasites.

They weren't. Did you really think OP played these games and isn't just being contrarian for cool kid points?

>Everything after 3 is non canon
Fixed

Kojima did seemingly go on to try and explain too much away in MGS.

MGS 4 was just a bad dream, read the novelization if you actually want to exist in a reality in which MGS4 wasn't utterly shit.

i blame the fags that hated on mgs2 and asked a million questions, retards legit ruined mgs.

Just watch, death stranding will also have nanomachines

>Demonstrably a fucking tape in the game that says just this
>OP DIDN'T PLAY THE GAME
The absolute cope. Still waiting for that chapter 3 reveal? R-ruse cruise amirite? Hang yourself. Next you'll defend Kojima's absolute fucking stinker of a blunder with his understanding of genetics. Let's just pretend that having all the dominant or recessive genes wouldn't end up with children that likely wouldn't even come to term, let alone without being completely malformed elephant man monsters, let's just look at the natural hair colour of Solid and Liquid. The Mendelian genetics 101 example that isn't flowers is always hair color. Blonde hair is a recessive trait, dark hair is a dominant trait. It's a little more complex in reality but that's it at a very basic level. So which child has naturally dark hair? The one with all the recessive genes. Kojima is a fucking hack. Also a beat up fucking REX destroying a fresh RAY, a unit designed with the sole purpose of tearing apart REX and REX knockoff models.

Woah there sperg. The tapes say Sorrow wasn't part of the parasites. Hot damn you're seething a lot for someone that never played these games.

>Demonstrably a fucking tape in the game that says just this
Can you link that tape? I got every tape in MGSV but I can't remember any of them aside from the hamburger ones.

>Still got no retort other than YOU NEVER PLAYED IT and now throwing in le seethe buzzword
Has this defence ever worked out for you? If someone critiques anything you like do you just immediately accuse them of never having actually experienced it? If someone says the weather is too hot do you scream YOU'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO EARTH at them?

youtube.com/watch?v=QqeAqunoJAQ

Attached: thepain.png (748x422, 577K)

The time stamp in the pic just mentions Pain and Fear. When is the Sorrow timestamp?

YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES AFTER ALL!!!

YOU ARE GOING DOWN user WITH THIS THREAD!

Attached: MGRAY.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

She really is lady luck!

HAL, I miss you.

Actually he did get possessed at first. It was after that experience that he had it removed and went the hypnosis route.

>So which child has naturally dark hair? The one with all the recessive genes
Actually Solidus just confirmed that the weaker clone won, not that the weaker clone has all the recessive genes. It's likely that all of Big Boss' soldier genes were recessive, so Liquid got them.

>AHH! T-THIS IS... I'll uh just file this away for now.
Hal /ourguy/ Emmerich

DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY?

>When your game is so shit it needs an Encyclopedia contradicting it to try to make sense of it

MSG4 was just trash

More like MGS4 is just fucking shit

>fucks his own step mom
just like my japanese anime

Americans thinking exposition and lore is what defines narratives to be "good" is killing storytelling.

Attached: 2019-08-03-221937.jpg (960x544, 140K)

That's bullshit, but I believe it.

>that mgs4 database
honestly though fuck kojima and fuck niggers

I always took the arm possessing him as just a parody of villains coming back from the dead for sequels. All the stupid explanations of things in 4 was due too stupid people demanding rational explanations for things that aren't meant to be explainable or realistic.

>series goes to shit after his co-writer leaves
hm...

There's a vampire that can walk on water using nano machines.

He writes pretty entertaining stories when he just does whatever he feels like and doesn't give a fuck about continuity and muh lore (MGS1 and 2). The problems start when people demand direct sequels with explanations for all the weird shit. None of them are remotely well written though.

>no Liquid Snake game, no Raiden and Snake saving Sunny game
god i fucking hate Kojima and his gay ass Big Boss boner.

>nothing about Grey Fox

ds will be do or die for kojima if its shit im convinced everything good writing related about mgs was all on mr jap atomic

>everything good writing related about mgs
So nothing?

>no MG1/2 remake where we can see Gray Fox and Solid Snake fighting in full HD over a minefield

Attached: fuckyoukojima.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>Kojima makes literal bait trailers for MGSV with shit like Solid and Liquid as kids together
>In the actual game it's some two second hallucination and the audio that was in the trailer scene talking about les enfants terribles is just some fucking tape hidden in a toilet in bumfuck nowhere
He can't keep getting away with it

>Americans thinking
and what about everyone else?

eurpoors thinking that fast forwarding sequences to the tune of some music played with brass instruments in an upbeat manner is good storytelling?

The AI is ultra-intelligence, but it operates under a set of rules (created by Donald Anderson, the DARPA chief). It can do stuff like "order someone to create a super-soldier", but it doesn't know anything about the specifics. To pressure people, it will say something like "do it by any means necessary", but it has no control over someone's methods or emotions.

we could've gotten so many things over the mess TPP was, oh well.

>Gray Fox has his backstory retconned

Fuck Kojima

>The AI has an ultra-intelligence except it's fucking retarded xD
MGS 4 apologists are so cringe-worthy.

kojima does have a few consistencies
such as how the shagohod in 3, the peace walker in wow you fucking guess it peace walker, the ICBMG, metal gear zeke (WHICH WAS BUILT BY BIG BOSS'S TROOPS), and the sahelanthropus are all bigger and better than tx-55 metal gear

>series gets better dialogue after the guy writing the in-game script leaves
hm...

Was Solidus in the wrong?

pretty sure REX and RAY could fuck up Sahelanthropus

The Shagohod is perfectly acceptable because it needed a huge miles long empty walkway to work at all and even then it wasn't as capable.

Because they didn't have Huey on board/Venom got shafted by John again and got left with shitty designs/Kojima is a fucking hack

His backstory is retconned in literally every game he is in.

not 2

He is retconned to be one of the main villains in 2 after being the random guy you rescue at the beginning of 1. What are you smoking?

The biggest crime 4 commits is trying to make me give a shit about Naomi. The woman is the biggest cunt in the series bar Paramedic, and Paramedic is literally a mad sociopath doctor who wants to make monsters just like her movies.

It's post-modern writing. Brainlets like you could never understand.

also my thread got buried but is there literally any use for sunny?

literally anything she did otacon could of done and i feel like she only exists to make us feel bad for naomi

>Post-modern means you can wirte any old shit with zero internal consistency or through line
Pseud.

Attached: laughing de rol le.jpg (632x632, 231K)

It says the AI is limited by its rules in at least 3 of the games (2, 4 and V).

>muh consistency
Go watch a marvel movie with 20 minute exposition if you want that shit. Only brainlets think continuity between titles = better writing.

The Patriot AI (referred to as JFK in MGS2's script but changed to JD in MGS4) gives us this long ass speech in MGS2, but then, despite being the mainvillain, never once talks to us in MGS4, even when Snake arrives in GW's server room.

Why?

The AI is a mutating and evolving organism like humans. It can make mistakes or end up evolving to something more optimal despite being destructive towards itself and its original goals. For example, just because you exist doesn't mean the entire mankind is retarded.

because Fukushima left. Codecs are all fucking garbage in MGS4.

Probably because the AI also never once talks to Solid Snake during MGS2. It still registers him as an enemy in MGS4 while Raiden was pretty much their main fuck boi in MGS2.

Yeah because having snake say "HUH? METAL GEAR???" every 10 seconds is 10/10 writing.

The Shagohod was more like an ICBM-launching system than a robot. And it needed a big facility for support, plus a big runway to start the launch.

You can chalk up Metal Gear ZEKE to Strangelove and Huey being one-of-a-kind geniuses. But the truth is that Kojima just didn't have a way to portray that level of technology back in MG1. And even during Peace Walker, you get told that the weapons (Pupa, Chrysalis, Peace Walker) are rather dumb and only work inside a very confined space. That big fortress one (forgot which is which) got stuck in a mine shaft, because it could barely navigate terrain.

And Sahelanthropus wasn't supposed to work like that. It would be years until a pilot could make it move like it did. And Huey had been working on it for at least 9 years.

For all its flaws, REX was probably the best of the bunch. Otacon called it "state-of-the-art". It indeed was.

>Kojima uses Vamp and Liqcelot to distract us so we don't notice that the hyper intelligent AI that the game is all about has zero personality and never interacts with us

Fuck.
The game even has Patriots in the title and I never realized how stupid that is after the huge setup in MGS2.
Like for all we know Liqcelot could have been telling us bullshit. The AI never tells us anything about its motivations. Even though the whole plot centers around it.

Cocoon

The Cocoon AI was so dumb that its first response to being attacked was to run in a straight line until it hit something.

I mean he was receiving threats

"PARASITES, SON!"

Kojimbo is a fraud

I burst out laughing when Big Boss rolled up with 100+ year old Zero in a wheelchair, turning off his life support with him wheezing ahahahahaha best ending

If you look at the backstory of most of the Metal Gears, you'll realize they're not really feasible to their intended use. The only one that you could probably say was a "completely autonomous nuke-launching platform" was Metal Gear REX, and it shows. It's still operational years after being almost destroyed.

Shagohod needed a ton of support personnel and that big runway.
The Peace Walker AIs were dumb as fuck. Peace Walker could launch a nuke, but it was a sitting duck when confront by even a normal enemy force.
Metal Gear RAYs were supposed to act as a team, so a single one isn't a force to be reckoned with. Their main strategy to destroy REX knockoffs was to gang up on them with as many RAYs at once as possible.

Arsenal Gear, as said in MGS2 itself, was never feasible. It needed large amounts of land support, and aside from close/medium range defense capability with its RAYs, it was a sitting duck to long-range weaponry.

Sahelanthropus wasn't supposed to work.

>REX was probably the best of the bunch
Take it back

Attached: Gander.gif (437x284, 37K)

>you'll realize they're not really feasible to their intended use
I know Portable Ops isn't canon, but I remember someone in the game saying that RAXA also wasn't feasible, because although it could be parachuted into enemy terrain, it needed a conventional force to retrieve it.

such a lust for retardation (YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUU)

YOU CAN SEE HIS ARTIFICAL ARM IN THE BOSS FIGHT
HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL ASKING THESE QUESTIONS?!
GOD YOU ARE STUPID

Miller and Ocelot were just two cover identities for one person who split into two during the GZ/Survive wormhole. "Miller" comes back from the 'other side' missing limbs and infected with the parasites. He decides to use his missing arm to craft a plot to kill and replace the "Ocelot" who was left behind. Just before Shadow Moses, they have their final showdown and "Miller" kills "Ocelot" and switches places, leaving the identical body in his place to fake his death.

He then has Grey Fox chop off his prosthetic hand and kickstarts the plot to get back everything they took from him in GZ. Liquid Ocelot really is "Miller" living his best life. This is not even that complicated of a plan, since canonically, Ocelot is pretending to be Liquid because he knows how the AI will respond. The truth is just one more layer of impersonation.

Drebin even references it in MGS4, before PW or GZ released.

Attached: cyborgarm.jpg (471x394, 61K)

So? I'm pretty sure every minor celebrity and above gets death threats, means literally nothing

Attached: what.gif (350x197, 1.6M)

This is what they're discussing at the end recording of TPP. They are doppelgangers of each other but need to learn how to coexist until the time comes to decide who gets to stay. (MGS1)

Attached: Snake That's Not Liquid Ocelot!.jpg (694x292, 58K)

Ocelot was the son of The Sorrow a powerful medium that could speak to the dead, appear as a ghost to other people and control the whether.

Liquid had a strong personality and drive to kill Solid Snake.
Ocelot being in Snakes presence caused Liquid's personality to take over.
After the events of MGS2 he cut off Liquids arm and replaced it with a cyborg one.

>game about sci-fi military conspiracies
>brainlet: "why is there no clear one answer to everything?"
you got 3 explanations for one thing.
two or all three of them could be lies or false intel.
stop being a whiny faggot

screen cap this
best metal gear post in years

An A.I. capable of controlling the world's economy for half a decade does not fall for "I'm pretending to be someone else". Stop trying to be apologetic of Kojima's horrible writing. 4 is godawful.

>muh honorary aryan
basically it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBLCS46OkYo#t=4m23s
>He used hypnotic suggestion to turn himself into Liquid's mental doppelganger. For all our advances in nanotechnology, information and genetic control, they've never managed to control people at will, let alone turn one person totally into another
The own game contradicts this bullshit. The Encyclopedia was some poor intern at Konami trying (and failing) to do damage control for MGS 4's horrendous writing.

So Kojima had planned MG Survive all along? Wtf bros this is indeed VERY big if true

t. I have no idea how AI works

Literally everybody in the game's cast including ocelot himself fell for it. Why would the AI be an exception?

I don't know if it's because I'm super fucking tired, but this picture is oddly arousing.

>oddly
Shinkawa's mechanical design is pure sex.

Attached: Vic_Viper.jpg (1400x1600, 594K)

That only makes it all the more retarded that it was a shallow trick to begin with. Congratulations, now everyone in the franchise looks like a fucking idiot. MGS 4 is garbage.

>ITT People literally incapable of understanding the plot of MGS
people understand it, generally, it's just that some parts of it are so stupid, their brains refuse to accept it

Attached: Bat real2.jpg (446x426, 47K)

Because MGS2 was that much of a train-wreck and wasn't supposed to pick up after that
it's why MGS3 was a prequel

Attached: metal gear perception.jpg (1280x1189, 335K)

>pretty sure REX and RAY could fuck up Sahelanthropus
Sahelanthropus has a better balance, REX and RAY always look like they're gonna fall over

I'm a fan of the first 3 MGS games but the MGS 3 fan reaction for MGS 4 is the objectively correct one

Both Solid and Liquid have blonde hair

>Paramedic is literally a mad sociopath doctor
It's never even shown to, you're just told that she's a Monster Doctor now and have to accept it
I have a hard time believing that given what we know in Snake eater

>You're just told [stupid garbage] now and have to accept it
MGS 4 in a nutshell

>4
Dr Clark is mentioned repeatedly in MGS1.

So, uh, how come the earlier illuminati-type group, the Philosophers, were made up of Chinese, Russian and American groups/branches?
I thought China had spent the last few hundred years being made the bitch of whoever wanted to, Russia had been a total mess for a long time and just recently got slapped around by Japan while the US was still emerging as a world power?

Attached: puff puff.jpg (330x500, 78K)

I like 1 and 3. 2 would have been better if shell 2 wasn't cut, 4 would have been better if things didn't go to shit in chapter 3 and wasn't rushed to hell. V would have been better if it wasn't rushed.

Common trend is most MGS's are rushed, I blame Kojima and expect death stranding to be a disappointment.

>What was the Boxer Rebellion?

Yeah, but Para-Medic wasn't supposed to be Dr Clark, retard.
>According to Hideo Kojima, despite Operation Snake Eater's success, the United States Government revoked Para-Medic's medical license anyway.[22] However, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots contradicts this by revealing that she was still a doctor
Oh, look, yet another retcon MGS 4 made.

He acts identical to liquid and has his DNA attached to his body. Considering that he ran in a group with a literal psychic, spirit possession is more likely than years of hypnotherapy.

Besides his whole plan was to be an enemy to solid snake so the Patriots can repeat their shadow moses plan and send him in to defeat liquid once more. The only way to defeat the AI was to abuse its reliance on patterns and essentially have it destroy itself, him acting like liquid was to have the AI send in snake since he was successful last time.

Pretty much everybody except ocelot was a pawn of the Patriots in MGS4. So, from the perspective of the AI they have launched a perfectly coordinated assault against an enemy they thought they knew.

Did you even play the game?

>Be Revolver Ocelot, a known trusted ally to the Patriots
>Decide to pretend to be Liquid Snake, a known enemy to the Patriots
>This is a good plan because this ultra intelligent A.I. that is responsible for controlling the world's culture, infrastructure, economy and warfare for the past half decade will act retarded and open itself up to him by thinking he's against them instead of thinking he's an ally, because robots beep boop
How far up your throat does Kojima's cock have to be for you to pretend this is good writing?

I guess if anything, it raises an interesting question of where people's suspension of disbelief breaks.

I've been OK with stories where someone gets possessed by a limb that's been grafted onto them(wasn't there a Twilight Zone episode like that?), and I had no problems with some of Metal Gear's outlandish elements like the Cyborg Ninja, or Psycho Mantis' powers, but Ocelot being possessed by Liquid because of the arm-graft just struck me as fucking stupid.

By the time they got to the weird nano-machines and self-hypnosis shit in 4, I'd just sort of accepted the stupid possession plot, and the new explanation just added extra, stupid shit to it.

Attached: 1541152685489.jpg (294x273, 48K)

>Have a fucking dead man's arm possess someone with absolutely no explanation in an absurd turn even for the tone of your series thus far
Vulcan Raven.

not very successful?

>everything after 2
i prefer the alternate timeline after MG2

Attached: 6C109B23-020C-4D1F-99E4-D087529E8AE8.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

The whole fucking point is that Snake piloting Rex could overcome a fresh Ray

Everything in the game is under the stipulation that you’re the legendary mercenary Solid snake

>Vulcan Raven
Giant and Shaman

It's been confirmed that Liquid didn't exactly have the best grasp of genetics and was basically flat out wrong.

Are you actually mentally retarded? I'm not even insulting you at this point, I am honestly thinking you might have a severe learning disability because you clearly weren't able to follow the plot for a video game that explains itself multiple times.

For starters Ocelot was as much of an ally of the patriots as Solid Snake, Meryl, Eva or Solidus etc. They have all been used by the system with or without their knowledge. Not to mention Ocelot was literally on Solidus AND Liquid's side during MGS1, both enemies of the patriots. Are you really retarded enough to think that an AI that evolved to use people as assets and test subjects would consider somebody their ally let alone Ocelot? The whole reasoning behind him pretending to be Liquid was so the AI would reuse the Shadow Moses plan again and send in Solid Snake. Him being a threat to the Patriots is very obvious from the very beginning.

By pretending to be Solid Snake's enemy he could have the AI send him and his allies after him even though they are both after the same goal. If he were to just straight-up team-up with him not only would they lack an inside-man but also would be unable to predict what sort of defence mechanism the Patriots would come up with in the absence of a known scenario.

Not to mention he pretty much hijacked control of the Guns of the Patriots using Solidus's DNA and the AI didn't just let him in because it's liquid.

Also, do you think smart people are literally wizards who know everything or something? Since you've just been repeatedly shouting "HOW IS AN ULTRA INTELLIGENT AI FALLING FOR THIS TRICK I THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPER SMART WTF".

It wasnt all thrown out, originally Liquids arm did take control, but Ocelot got sick of it and replaced it it a prosthetic, the self hypnosis stuff came later.

No amount of coping on your part is gonna change the fact MGS 4 unironically wrote that an A.I. capable of controlling the entire world for half a decade fell for someone pretending he was being possessed by someone else. It's garbage nonsensical writing that has a villain being this ultra mega intelligent threat until the moment it's time to oust them, so they're now more retarded than a baby.

MGS 4 apologism is disgusting.

>Not to mention he pretty much hijacked control of the Guns of the Patriots using Solidus's DNA and the AI didn't just let him in because it's liquid.
But the Liquid part was necessary, because why the fuck else would he do it? It's still stupid and you're not doing yourself any favors here.

>S-Stop liking w-what I don't like!!!!!
>I-It's s-shit because I-I say so
Wow I am baffled by your super mega ultra intelligence.

cope

>Since you've just been repeatedly shouting "HOW IS AN ULTRA INTELLIGENT AI FALLING FOR THIS TRICK I THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPER SMART WTF".
If you write legitimate good arguments against the shit game you're defending in all caps, you disprove the argument. I am silly.

The Liquid part was to get Solid Snake to help him out. So the Patriots could send his own ally to fight against him.

>legitimate good arguments
lmao

>The Liquid part was to get Solid Snake to help him out
Ah, yes, because by being fooled into thinking that he got possessed by Liquid, the super intelligent A.I. that was somehow able to control the world's culture for 5 years (think of all the herculean effort this would take) would obligatorily call Solid Snake to do the mission.
You're reaching. The level of disbelief suspending you have to do to consider the story of MGS 4 even remotely sensical is proof of how trash the game is.

Please explain how being smarter gives you the ability to know if somebody's possessed or not.

Your 2 last points are wrong, it was done by self hypnosis but AFTER he removed Liquid's arm, possession was real. Secondly, the parasited were The End's, not the Sorrow's. He was a legit psychic medium, it's in the tapes. I know nobody's gonna read this but whatever.

>muh encyclopedia said so
Nope, see:

How the fuck can an A.I. that believes in people being possessed by other people control the world's culture? Its broadcasting? Its content and context? For half a fucking decade, no less.

This is the part where MGS 4 apologists pretend that it makes sense because of GW shenanigans in MGS 2 that made the A.I. stupid, but that is still not valid because then they wouldn't have been able to become the global dictators they were.

Basically, you have to assume that their retardation kept getting manifestly worse until the precise moment in MGS 4 where they were retarded enough to get BTFO by Ocelot, which would be awfully convenient. Kojima is a hack. MGS 4 is a hackjob.

And where does it negate the fact that in 2 he was actually possessed? Did you forget about the METALLIC arm in 4? Do you think that a thing like that would slip through even though mgs4 is the ultimate "autistically tie every single loose end" game?

>think of all the herculean effort this would tak
Not that much effort desu. Cipher was already in control of the world at that point. All the AI had to do was continue their propaganda and figure out new ways to evolve humanity.

You are aware that psychics, people communing after death and giant russian guys with lightning bolts coming out of their ass are common occurences in the metal gear universe right?

>For all our advances in nanotechnology, information and genetic control, they've never managed to control people at will, let alone turn one person totally into another
Completely contradicts the idea that Ocelot was EVER possessed. It's a direct contradiction.

Lurk for twelve years before posting.

>reverting to insults because you can't come up with a good counter argument.
Truly shows why MGS4 is the ultimate pleb filter

>Not that much effort desu.
Yep, this is the level of retardation you have to get to to be a MGS 4 apologist. Controlling the world's culture for half decades is no big deal. Any old A.I. can do it. The absolute state.

Attached: 94.png (680x453, 471K)

That's just talking about technological advancements retard. Possession by the dead is obviously not a technological advancement.

If you listen to that conversation, Big Boss is obviously saying that the Patriots were foolish for believing such a thing that would never be possible. You're stretching it to go "Well, he didn't say that it couldn't supernaturally happen :^)"
No, nigger, the whole context of that conversation is Big Boss saying that IT COULDN'T have happened. That Revolver Ocelot being Liquid Snake is NOT POSSIBLE.

This is like ASOIAF fags defending GRRM's retarded ideas of scale and historical spans

Jesus christ try harder retard. There are like 3 games that explain how they've had so much control in the first place. Just because a giant brain in space can control the media doesn't necessarily mean it's a super smart brain that is good at everything. In fact the AI is evolving with every decision it makes, so it is entirely possible for it to fuck up, mutating in the wrong direction and staying that way thanks to a localized incident because that's how evolution works.

>Just because a giant brain in space can control the media doesn't necessarily mean it's a super smart brain that is good at everything
You are severely underestimating the level of qualifications required to control an entire planet's media. I imagine Kojima had equally retarded notions when he was writing the piece of shit that was MGS 4.

Based user who can actually comprehend the story.
Save yourself the time, not worth interacting with these contrarian plebs.

I think there was an interview saying that it was always supposed to be Ocelot talking, but they brought Cam Clarke back because they thought people wouldn't understand that it was Liquid's persona talking through Ocelot

because a secret organisation that control the world from the shadow is cool, but it's even cooler if their members are above the idea of country and work for themselves.
it's nothing but the generic anime trope of the team of elites, don't look too much into it

3 is before 1&2 so...

Attached: 1357548647373.jpg (808x800, 216K)

Philosophers were founded after WW1 not WW2.

MGS 3 was made after MGS 2. From MGS 3 onwards (production time), it's no longer canon.

You know you're in a bad place when Raiden has three games in which he's a part of and yet he's still the second best character in the series.
If Solid didn't exist, Raiden would be the best protagonist.

>Yep, this is the level of retardation you have to get to to be a MGS 4 apologist. Controlling the world's culture for half decades is no big deal. Any old A.I. can do it. The absolute state.
the entire world eats macdonalds, the entire world tries to emulate america, the manga and anime artstyle came from disney's artstyle, and it was done without any AI
beside it was explained times and times again (especially in MGR) that culture can be steered with pop culture or the famous line "memes jack"
just look around you, kojima is no prophet, he just opened any random online forum / discussion board

He's arguably a better character than Solid tbf.
Solid has a likeable personality and makes for a cool action hero, but isn't complex at all.
Raiden is actually a complex character and has a brilliant arc, even if he is pretty edgy in 4 - which tbf given his past is pretty understandable

There are a surprising amount of parallels between DS and Survive

I WAS BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE

Does anyone remember Drebin's magic trick?
Can anyone explain the symbolism?

FOREIGN SOLDIERS

See, I would agree with you in theory but Snake himself isn't as simple as you'd look on the surface. I think he just feels more simple because he's generally pretty stoic for the most part as a way to compensate for the fact that he's been a soldier his entire life and his best friend before Otacon was a guy who he only ever talked about guns and rations with.

ENGLISH
>muffled whoooooo in the distance

ENGLISH

I know where you're coming from, but I wouldn't say that side of him is really explored at all other than some throwaway codec lines in 1, and him getting depressed about how shitty his life has been in 4.
I like Solid the most in 2 where during the Plant section you kind of see him more like he would be depicted as a myth.
He's super mysterious and has a habit for popping up out of nowhere and also seemingly knows exactly what's going on unlike Raiden.

>destroy English
>everyone switches to Chinese
Wow great job hamburglar

Major...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

I'M BURINNNINGGG UPPPP

It was nice seeing Snake in 2 in both parts. It really works to his advantage after being the protagonist for 3 games that we get to see him in a supporting role of someone who is "becoming Snake" and helping him avoid that.
In a strange way, Snake's advice to Raiden to leave his own memes was actually incredibly appropriate given we know from MGR that there is a possible timeline in which Raiden fully embraces that ideology to do what he sees is right.

Was he autistic?
Who the fuck says something like that when they're about to die a violent and painful death?

REMINDER
Skullface is Zadornov