Actual Monster Hunter thread

Actual Monster Hunter thread

Everyone is welcome

Attached: i am but a peaceful monster!.png (600x450, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76249225?page=5
youtube.com/watch?v=EfDBtu9e_XU
fanonmonsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Aggressor_Bazelgeuse?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
gamer.ne.jp/news/201908010001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: pickle.gif (500x281, 1.57M)

White Fatalis is in. Grandpa of Grandpas.

Can someone post the LS tree again?
I think I did not see the Jho tree in there.
Or is it finally built in into the iron or bone tree?

Attached: 1547953675816.jpg (863x1000, 104K)

None of the DLC monsters were shown in the list.

Attached: AC7F2E25-6E2C-4627-AE42-2116ACDED1D6.jpg (863x1919, 488K)

>no lagiacrus
>no Valstrax
Who else isn't making it?

Why are some of the kjarr weapons worse than their regular counterparts? If you spend that long trying to get them shouldn't they be better i every way?

>they said a large monster fight is going to happen in Iceborne
>but it isn't Zorah or Kulve
>Lao was in the top 10 in the popularity poll right before World launched
>new unknown water weapon tree
I hope you're ready for a new water Lao that walks through the slushy ice so you can't hit his tummy, plus regular Lao because you can select the canyon between the Coral Highlands and Ancient Forest on the map now too.

Imagine if Ryozo actually learned good game design and this time Lao actively hunts you

I loved World and haven't played any of the other ones, although I understand they're quite different, I still want to experience a "new" one. What MH games are available on PC, and are worth playing. I understand that it'll be emulation, but I don't have handhelds or any consoles.

Attached: duck.png (1920x1080, 3.59M)

XX, 3U, and 4U emulates fine, and you can play online too. If you only want to play one of them, play 4U. XX has more content but its braindead easy due to hunter arts and styles. If you want more content and variety, XX. If you want difficulty and peak MH, 4U. If you want SOUL, play 3U or FU

Would anyone else prefer the subspecies less "flashy" in comparison to their counterparts?
I kinda miss when we had subspecies like Baleful Gigginox or Glacial Agnaktor that didn't feel much more special or powerful than regular variants, just different really.
It's all speculation for now but I can't imagine regular Odo has the same menace as its subspecies, which is bigger, has more attacks with wider range and elemental attacks too

Is critical status a wasted stat?

>98 monsters
holy fuck, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Sorry for spoonfeeding, but is there any specific emu i should be looking for, and can I play in 1080 144hz or should i lock at default

Attached: Oh cool, they're going to fight each other.webm (708x400, 2.94M)

That's only because they're MR only. Next game, when everything gets scaled back to LR/HR, they'll be less impressive.
G versions always outstrip the regular ones until later.

There you go.

Attached: 1564812524235.jpg (1628x2920, 466K)

>get to castle wall
>use dragonator
>sends Lao into a fit of painful rage
>stops focusing on the wall and goes on a bloodthirst for the hunters
>new version of Proof of a Hero plays

Attached: tenor.gif (466x350, 2.22M)

if you're talking about xx you play through citra with the english patch

>new version of Proof of a Hero plays
>it's composed by Sawano
>complete with Aimer engrish
Be careful what you wish for

sorry, i meant 4u, it seems like a much more well rounded game from my literally 5 minutes of looking at shit, and if i want to, I can just play GU afterwards

The whole point is that he's a pussy trying to escape from the bad black dragon. I bet he's even an herbivore.

Attached: 1562965653936.jpg (620x438, 52K)

Yes

He eats Ore and rocks, so he's basically a Dodogamadrome.

>Dodogamaximum

I bet Fatalis was just gonna ask for some directions.

All of the subspecies are infinitely superior to their base forms and that's kind of the point, the World subspecies were made to make shitty monsters cool

>Post party on community page to do story quests
>Some snot-nosed kid enters
>Explain to him where I'm at
>All of a sudden he asks if I play Fortnite
>No
>Says some shit about "Save The World"
>Told him this party is for story quests only
>Fucker doesn't even have PS+
>Ask him why he's looking for Fortnite players on another community for another game
>He quietly leaves
Fortnite really does cause autism

Attached: 137530858843.jpg (500x375, 19K)

Play custom quests

Attached: unknown.png (391x524, 320K)

He's in!

Attached: 1546044334509.jpg (1783x894, 359K)

JHO is a fucking green migger

The one under dragon bone is alatreon

Why is S&S always so shit.

I really like this guy's work. The model increased the thickness and muscular build of Fatalis as a whole. It makes him look less like a lanklet and more intimidating. He also shortened the neck.
I hope Capcom uses this as a basis for Fatalis because it looks a lot better as far as proportions go versus the 2nd gen model they've been using forever.

DLC monsters weren't shown in the list. Sorry.

That head and neck are huge
That Fatalis must have serious back pain

Can someone explain the difference between subspecies and variants? I think they’re cool I just don’t see why the different classifications exist

His adjusted design already seems to be at play

Attached: 1550338851419.jpg (638x614, 202K)

probably gore, seregios is a maybe

Fatalis got those gains

Except people who play GU.
Fuck off.

mad your shitpost thread got archived?

the Creator's Model looks nice but I wish Fatalis would have the wings redesigned to be like Alatreon's which connect around the tail. Ala's wings design make it look so much more intimidating by how much they cover when spread out

Attached: file.png (512x402, 226K)

For comparison

Attached: Fatalis1.png (1101x512, 321K)

It would look really goofy and painful for Fatalis considering how he spends just as much time upright

This kills the console cuck

Attached: 1575476890876.jpg (1234x859, 598K)

Subspecies are monsters that branch off from the main monster and evolve down a different path. It started with mostly color changes, but eventually became things like living in different environments, having different affinities/status/weaknesses/elements, and lore stuff that doesn't really matter beyond ecology videos. Like how Tobi-kadachi is thunder, but Viper is sharp poison.
Rare species are subspecies that are just considered rare in the Monster Hunter world. Usually they only show up in special maps like the tower.
Variants are the exact same species at the main monster only stronger and angrier with some new moves, but generally live in the same habitat, look the same, and have the same element or status ailment. Like Raging Brachy that's covered in his own blast slime and experiences spontaneously combustion. He's still blast though.

>new rathian weapons
awww yeah my favorite weapons in any category

>cheating

this isn't even a bad idea
they could add some sort of ticket that you get when you discard/sell kulve weapon

>Saving hundreds of hours to make a paralysis build that isn't complete dogshit

Just beat Xeno and I have no idea what to do next. There's like 3 different quests to do now, which I assume are the DLC stuff. and there's tempered shit.

citra for xx and 4u, both are 3ds games

>tfw my isp is banned only from /vg/ and can't post in the general
not sure if I should be angry or relieved

now you fucking grind grind grind grind grind for that one 0.0167% chance of getting the thing you want and you only get one chance from a single 10 minute long hunt and you need to repeat the process for several items so have fun!!!!! it's fun!!!!!!! don't cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to hr 49

take a good look at that general and tell me if its video games

>vg
What do you know, a faggot

first MH game?

Augments mattered before Iceborne but now we're geting G Rank shit so it will all be invalidated. Do all of the special collab monsters then drop the game until September or January.

/mhg/ is unrecognizable from its former state. You're lucky.

You haven't finished the game yet.

>first MH game?
I love how you faggots hide behind "the grind is a feature"

Streamstones are a whole nother level of grind, even worse than Relic weapons.

do you play puzzle games and suddenly feel baffled that there are too many puzzles?

Attached: 1486864655160.jpg (463x480, 13K)

>the director
>the producer
>and the franchise producer all say part of the gameplay loop is fighting monsters until you get the thing you want to finish making your armor, weapons, or complete your sets
>he thinks the grind isn't a feature
lol you picked the wrong game franchise

Do you brag about wasting your time?

>On expedition
>Player joins by SOS
>Keeps dying the moment he encounters Rathian
>Lose the Rathian
>Ask him "How do you suck so bad"
>"Wat"
>"Why are you so toxic"
I couldn't stop laughing
Fucker had a point though, this place is ruining me

Attached: 1498422152625.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

all video games are basically that. Maybe MH games aren't for you? just play another game

When you eventually die one day will your obituary say how you spent 10,000 hours farming in a game that's not even an MMO?

so you're saying that grinding is the reason you play monster hunter?

I'd rather not waste hundreds of hours to maybe get a drop. I got sick of that garbage after playing Tri and 4. Grind is one thing, but MH takes the concept of grind to a new retarded level.

>all videogames are hundreds of hours of senseless grinding

Attached: 15530144036339.jpg (1125x1114, 102K)

When you eventually die one day will your obituary say how you spent 10,000 hours bitching on the internet instead of playing games?

>he want press start and you beat the game games
Video games is a wast of time.

did DSP enter the thread?

You mad or something?

look who's talking. Keeps playing games he hates but doesn't play another game

the longevity and motivation to keep playing should come from the challenge, not fucking grind, you're actually braindead if you defend it

Who said I hated the game? I just said senseless thousand hour grinds are for aspies like you.

Is this the new phase in baiting?

Attached: 1564445479676.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

You don't have to grind you know. It's 100% optional. The game shits out enough materials for you to clownsuit your way through.
Grinding is only for maximum optimization of top end equipment.

You think criticizing grind in MH is new?

There's been a lot of MH shills lately so I wouldn't count them as bait, they're probably serious

I prefer it to "LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE"

>You don't have to grind you know. It's 100% optional.
You can beat the came in an afternoon, of course most of the endgame content is inconsequential. But don't pretend like it's anything except an MMO simulator

>WOW
>how was I supposed to dodge that? totally fair Capcom
>Oh look, everything is a gear check. I don't have enough defense for this monster.
>This is so stupid. I can't win because my gear is bad, and I can't make the armor I need because the drops are RNG.
>THANKS CAPCOM
>you know at least in Dark Souls, there is some bullshit, but its mostly fair
>and if something is too hard you can just learn the patterns
>and if it's still too hard you can go do something else and level up
>they don't ACTIVELY BLOCK YOU from PROGRESSING like DICK SUCKING CAPCOM DOES

Nah I'm talking about you niggers actually surprised MH games have grinding. Then again, not the first time Yea Forums showed their casualism

Attached: v plays MH - mustache edition.png (488x1105, 713K)

I think it's just a certain dungheap overflowing. Even the biggest bucket can only hold so much shit.

No one is surprised at the grind, you fucking moron.

>it's hardcore to fight uragaan 200 times just to get one item
you're actually this dumb

To be fair, some monsters are completely broken. I was doing AT vaal and he one hit killed me with his beam even though he as facing the other way.

If it's an MMO simulator how can you beat it in an afternoon though?

Damn, I forgot how MH looked like ass before World

Attached: molesting_stops.gif (227x221, 967K)

Because it doesn't actually have a story.

Changing the shitposting climate. Post
>worst monster you fought
>explain why
>post best monster you fought
>explain why

Attached: 1519271055684.png (1084x957, 522K)

So if it doesn't have something an MMO has then it can't be simulating it.

You're actually the dumbest motherfucker in this thread

Any tips on how to avoid dying to Punch, Uppercut And Roundhouse Into Black?

A simulator simulates. If it's not simulating it then it's not a simulator. How hard is that to understand?

so I guess listposting is over and it's thousand hour grind now?

Show playtime

It's gotta be him too. Remember, he had an EGS picture for shitposting and accidentally posted it

another proof, his thread got archived while this one lived so he's steaming mad right now

>only ONE person in the world is capable of criticizing monster hunter
you're actually more autistic than the list autist

>anybody not posting monster pussy is a shill
Schizo alert

>Fatalis is back as a endgame boss
>to show the power it has, they'll bring back Lao just for him to be running away again

Just dodge lol

>Worst
Lunastra. It doesn't matter how good I've gotten and what gear I have, she will always be the most annoying fight in the game because of her awful gimmicks

>Best
Nergigante. AT Nergigante specifically. Challenging but fair fight that tests reflexes and skill

Attached: mhw killscreen.png (1908x1045, 3.08M)

>A Lao?! In the New World? HUNTER
>quest cleared
>But what could have brought Lao to the new world? It doesn't make any sense.
>We better go investigate Pard!

You could, you know, have fun fighting monsters until you get bored.

The ultimate "is it good" test
1.) Cheat in a piece of gear you want
2.) Is the game still enjoyable?

Last game that was more fun to cheat than play normally was GTA:SA

Attached: 1519886549299.gif (540x405, 899K)

>Worst
Zorah. Because I barely fight that faggot, it's just back scratches and pebble throwing as I watch a turtle slowly walking towards a wall for half an hour.
>Best
Gore magala. Faggot actually having a drop of personality during 4 makes it really memorable to me besides being a cool 4-armed aids dragon.

Maybe one game in every 5 years is that good.

>Maybe one game in every 5 years is that good.
Speaks volumes about the industry

>cheat Behemoth parts
>game only gets better
In fact yes, it ends up being more enjoyable. I will gladly cheat again when Silver Rathalos hoards the meta.

>When you eventually die one day will your obituary say how you spent 10,000 hours farming in a game that's not even an MMO?
So just grab someone else’s save file and just play through the hunts you want to experience if you’re that impatient.

This is why MH games never get ported to PC. I'm glad saves are going to be server-side in Iceborne

Attached: 1564346609885.png (250x448, 206K)

I can't speak to the personal experience of it but I stopped needing anything a long time ago and still play. So I'd assume.

>Worst monster
Everytime i fight Lunastra i feel miserable, her hp pool is also titanic for no reason
>Best Monster
The one and only rape pinecone of fair hitboxes

It's not that fun being able to tank LR monsters

The absolute best version

MHW version when?

MHW needs to be actually difficult 1st

From World? Lunastra a shit, Nerg and Azure Rath a best.

The only time i could see something similiar in MHW would be with AT Nergigante's slam

>worst
K H E Z U
it's not even a fight, it's just a test of patience. the thing doesn't even look or move like a monster, it's like a shitty broken down animatronic.

>best
Probably Gore, I enjoy his frenzy gimmick and it's just a good fight overall.

>It's not that fun being able to tank LR monsters
Doesn’t that already happen if you stop and grind for better armor and weapons at your respective rank? I remember Bulldrome in MHFU got a lot easier after I traded in my starting armor and LS for an Iron Katana + Battle Armor build.

It’s just that that way you get the satisfaction of overcoming a roadblock on your own.

I don’t know about my best or worst monster, but one of my most memorable fights was when I soloed the one-eyed garuga in Freedom Unite. Mind you, due
To how G-rank worls in the game, difficulty is always scaled to 4 players even if doing the quest solo.

Now, I’m pretty good at fighting Garuga, but the thing was a beast. I went through all my Megapotions, then through all my restock of crafted megapotions and potions on-site. I even had to gather a few herbs from the map just to stay alive.

Meanwhile I wasn’t idle. But since basically nothing but purple sharpness could cut this Garuga I went through every single one of my whetstones.

And so, with 5 minutes left, not one health item of whetstone left, I just charged at him, thinking it was all lost. It charged at me, and if it did hit me I would be out for the third time and it would all be over.

However, my weeb saber struck true on te beast’s beak just mere instants before I was made to eat shit. And so, it died and ate shit, rather than me being the shit-eater.

It was pretty cool all in all.

You fucking idiots seriously think that only one person on the planet doesn't like the grind in Monster Hunter? You people are actually going insane.

anyone have the edit of this where a GS user walks up to the innocent dodogoma and starts charging up an attack

>muh cheating
>people were already cheating a decade ago

Attached: 1561310599669.gif (210x230, 1K)

Yea but those people that don't like the grind play another game instead like reasonable people

shut the fuck up I'm trying to shitpost here

Source?

Any tips for AT xeno, luna and nergi? I'm farming the layered armors and I'm missing those 3

Attached: 1564628652733.gif (560x370, 1.36M)

Ideally, yes. As long as the original is more aggressive or damaging in some way. I think it's dumb for subspecies to be outright replacements. Who's to say, maybe MR Anjanath has more unique tricks up his sleeve that we don't know about.

>it's not even a fight, it's just a test of patience. the thing doesn't even look or move like a monster, it's like a shitty broken down animatronic.
Nah, he’s just a mid-game tutorial for gunner builds. The real tedium is that he up and flies away ad nauseum.

I’d nominate Bulldrome as worst since it’s literally just a giant Bullfango that’s there to teach you to either git gud at dodging or upgrade your equipment.

>you can't enjoy a game and criticize it at the same time
When did you give up user?

>2 wrongs make a right!

Whoever you're all shitting on has a point. The Kulve Taroth drop rates are too low. Grinding shouldn't require you to do the exact same thing over and over again to the point it's not fun anymore.

I'm actually about to fight Khezu for the first time on GU. How fucked am I? I have full set of tetsucabra and a rogue CB.

Attached: 1563469864107.jpg (326x326, 64K)

He's not especially hard, he's just the most awful fight in the series.

Another one of my best hunts was when I took down both Silverlos and Goldian at the same time in the small arena.

Now, let me tell you, it was completely insane, it was still scaled for 4 peepz, so it was tough, but not nearly as much of a struggle as Garuga, even though I really think that this one was the harder fight by far, what with the tiny arena I cannot escape from and two g-rank monsters that both fight differently.

But that day I was on a roll and performed really well, managing to take both on while sharpening / healing / etc.

I like the monsters yet hate having to kill one 243 times for the chance to get an item I want. Is this really that hard for you to grasp?

I havent played world (pc version) for like 6 months, since fucking AT Great Jagras (the best)
Did i miss much since then?

His tells are like an hour long so if you're on top of your guard points he really can't do shit to you
He's just one of those monsters that's obnoxious to fight with some weapons but a total joke to fight with others, like a lot of Gen 1/2 stuff

You misunderstand. Your complaint isn't with PCfags, but cheaters as a whole. You could've been complaining about cheaters in general across numerous systems for over a decade now, but instead you chose to complain about cheaters on this one single platform which you don't even play on. You're just looking for a reason to shitpost about PCfags. The underlying purpose of your post has nothing to do with cheating.

>I'm actually about to fight Khezu for the first time on GU. How fucked am I?
Didn’t Khezu get ceiling clinging introduced from 3rd gen on? Might want to make a decent bow and stock up on fire ammo if you’re not confident in your abilities to read openings.

Also, get high grade earplugs for Khezu if they’re available at your point in the game. You will hate life a lot less if you have them.

PC get Iceborne in January. All the events are up right now, and you can get summer fest stuff for the first time on PC.

People will always cheat regardless of the platform and you're a fool for caring and making an issue out of it.

He's in!

Attached: Gear REX.png (640x480, 335K)

What's the build for Empress Shell Styx that everyone seems to be running for ATKT?

Y’know, I think that you people care far too much about the grind. After so much time playing the game, it honestly seems more and more pointless each day that passes. After all, it only makes your numbers biggerer. It doesn’t maje you play any better or be actually any more effective. That’s the beauty of MH, from the first second you pick the controler, you’ve got all the power.

Therefore, ‘grinding’ becomes a mere excuse to redo your most beloved fights, and obtain tokens to preserve the memories of these fights, specially after your numbers get high enough you can handle the endgame just fine.

The fuck is that?

What's with this pic with it's carbot-ass artstyle all over it?

>been this pussy

Attached: 1563256470187.jpg (465x465, 46K)

Taroth weapons are going to be obsolete for console cucks in a month.

So what's that one monster part? You know, THAT one.

Or just play a different game if you don't like it. What's stopping you?

this is all sounding like Polygon article headlines for Sekiro

Attached: 1563987769335.png (286x334, 202K)

Heavenly los and ian scales in FU. I hunted like 50 each and obtained a grand total of 0 of ‘em.

Post your new weapon ideas:
>Wagon Wheels
>a pair of heavy jagged wheels strapped to an engine which runs on elemental phials
>regular attacks are slow, heavy slams and swings with some light hyperarmor buffs if you time it properly
>attacks become rending multihits which rip through the monster
>surface of your wheels heats up the phials and gets them prepared for the second mode
>once you feel the heat buff is sufficient, you snap them together, hop inside and charge into a monster, riding the set of wheels into battle
>you can also snap into the rider mode earlier and just throttle on the spot, heating up the wheels and phials for the full gauge
>if you hit the gas at the right time, you receive both speed and slight affinity boost when you start off
>you can drive the wheels around until your phials deplete

Attached: 289879-twistedmetal_axel.jpg (1000x622, 120K)

aikido

MGS: Peace Walker had a collab with Capcom, where you can fight a Rathalos, and a MH version of Rex.

Metal gear rex from metal gear peace walker his tail shot lasers

Any rooms?

Attached: EAef3e3U0AEbQIm.jpg (2048x1964, 421K)

Oh no, you don’t understand. I have no problems with grinding. I’ve also spent hour puttint together sets and completing them. It’s just that, the more I play, the least does the grind seem to matter when looking at the overall experience I get from da game.

The most current, most polished batch of caveats:

>recolors galore
>Capcom doesn't add more skeletons because it's too much work
>can't skip cutscenes, Capcom wants you to watch their hard work
>same reason MHW still randomly selects zones in HR
>new monsters require no precision; just whack them like a pinata (Jagras; Kulve, Vaal [EVERY hitzone is a weakspot]), a joke to old monsters like Gore or Diablos before turning his head into a weakspot in MHW
>less positioning even with GS--just tackle and TCS
>Nargacuga, etc. neutered as well
>CB and especially Bow easy yet overpowered
>95% of armors useless
>almost all weapons but Kulve useless
>imbalanced in general, (monster) elements, weapon damage, etc.
>inconsistencies (can't flash Lunastra during AoE)
>SOS system siphons from the lobby system; only a limited number of lobbies and SOS quests displayed and hundreds hidden (sometimes can't even find an event SOS when AT Nergigante is live)
>challenging quests are time-gated
>instantly craft and pop Ancient Potions, which in theory nullifies difficulty
>crammed and visually busy while monsters clip and can even shoot through all the trees in the forest
>the worst monsters in the series, notably Zorah, Lunastra and AT Kushala who flies constantly without even an airborne moveset/openings
>Palicos instantly heal/revive
>mantles
>bad hitboxes
>paid DLC
>neck-snapping camera
>more walking
>NPCs scattered across the hub and you have to run to the lift after every abandoned quest
>menus way more delay
>can't see previews in the crafting menu
>likewise can't see things like your weapon slots in armor windows, wheel tied to loadouts, decos sorted almost randomly
>invasions more likely, even elder dragons you can't dung and that can track you
>box access any time
>most weapons are reskins
>sabotaging automatic animations such as sliding or taking off mantles
>can't pause
>can't see other posted quests
>random MVP cards
>even worse roars and tremors

Attached: welp.jpg (1870x1168, 483K)

Report and filter. Do not reply

Attached: listfag ban evading.png (3000x2968, 3.62M)

Sounds cool actually. I knew about tigrex in Metal Gear, but not about this.

Why? He might be autistic but he's not wrong about anything.

Still there?
Hang on for a while and I can make one. I like chill huntan while chatting and shit.

read the image and realize that you are way too obvious with the samefagging

>no retort other than "muh boogeyman"

Probably worth mentioning that I was referring to World PC.
Go right ahead and post it if it's not on that platform anyway, people are posting.

>Cheat in mats in a game about grinding mats
>Get gear
>Have nothing to do because that's the whole game
You sure showed them.

What you guys playing on?

thank you for conceding. Don't ban evade when the deletion comes. No more (You)s for you

Attached: 1564702178895.jpg (1278x1080, 182K)

What's your favorite monster introduced in World? Now that I think about it, I'm not really fond of any of the new ones.

When I played Tri after having played MH on the PS2, I was loving Barroth, Lagiacrus, Uragaan and Deviljho and it's great to see most of them back. I feel nothing like that with World. I wouldn't give a shit if none of the new monsters made it into the next major entry. They all feel either too bland or too over the top.

Attached: 1276099821472.png (559x444, 20K)

Bazel

Attached: 1519941136019.jpg (383x383, 25K)

LIST OF ICEBORNE IMPROVEMENTS – August 2nd

>huge roster with 18 monsters already confirmed, including many returning and new ones
>leaked LS weapon tree from the preview builds hints at 7-9 unannounced monsters, easily bringing the roster to 25+, and MHW total roster to 60+
>weapon tree also shows many weapons with needed elements/statuses like Ice, Water, Poison, Paralysis, Sleep and Blast
>as shown in the videos from the preview build (and not the heavily modified beta), Master Rank maintains the tradition of old G-Rank, with monsters that are way more aggressive, attack faster, have more damage and lot more HPs, flinch less and have better resistance to flash pods
>slinger and clutch claw are implemented deeply in the gameplay, from new movesets to modificed skills
>Seliana is maller and features a much better layout, allowing hunters to reach the different facilities in seconds
>the new hub looks gorgeous and it’s actaully functional, including quick access to every facility
>riders make travelling through maps more practical and much faster
>needed nerf to weapons like Bow and LS
>weaker weapons in the beta, like the Gunlance, will get new mechanics and numerical buffs in the final release, indicating the team is looking at the feedback with great attention
>Hoarfrost Reach is a drastic improvement over Ancient Forest and MHW maps in general, featuring a simple and readable layout and flatter zones with less bullshit getting in the way
>returning monsters like Nargacuga, Tigrex and Glavenus gains abilities from Deviants and/or brand new attacks/abilities, like Barioth
>unlike in the base game (Black Diablos, Pink Rathian, Azure Rathalos), subspecies are extremely different from the base monster, featuring tons of new attacks, animations and mechanics. This is especially clear with Fulgur Anjanath, Acidic Glavenus and Coral Pukei-Pukei
Continue in the next post

Attached: IMG_20190731_203845.jpg (749x1545, 325K)

As far as fight goes, probably odo.
When it comes to designs most of the new monsters are great.
Too bad that since 4U we're stuck into old monster hell where new content can't be allowed to be challenging while endgame has to be the same monsters we've always known.

Ah, I’m on PS4

>more monsters appearing in multiple areas (Fulgur Anjanath and Ebony Odogaron in every map, Tigrex in at least 3 maps, Glavenus and Velkhana at least in 2), adding extra variety
>New Tower area dedicated only to endgame, the Guiding Lands, with “regions” that can be levelled up
>achievement to reach Master Rank 200 instead of HR100, indicating a much longer planned endgame
>achievements hinting at other unannounced new systems like Treasures in maps and Pendants
>many needed nerf, including aerial weapons damage, elementless skill, maximum might, and buffs, like Defense Up and elemental skills
>huge nerf to temporal mantle. It lasts 120 seconds (30s longer) but for every attack auto dodged the duration is riduced by 20%-25%, so you can avoid 3 or 4 attacks maximum
>confirmed multiple post-launch updates with new monsters and more powerful versions of the existing ones
>greater amount of unique weapon designs, possibly complete like old games
>return of EX armors
>new menu at the weaponsmith to craft layereds with materials obtained in game, divided into HR and MR layereds, hinting at a much bigger (if not complete) layered system
>layered armors can now be associated to specific armor pieces and sets, like transmog in GU
>complete room personalization system, with 120+ confirmed decorations and more options to locate critters
>more unique critters, now with small and big crowns
>improved options for camera, HUD is completely customizable
>music still not perfect, but generally improved with tracks like Hoarfrost Reach Theme, Seliana Theme, Glavenus Theme and Nargacuga Theme
>Behemoth and Ancient Leshen are not returning in Master Rank due to licensing troubles

Don’t feel free to add to the list, you would just add rumors or bait

Being right is not a free pass for autistically spamming every thread for months with your whining, across multiple websites too (he google translates it and posts it to 2chan)

Odogaron and Bagel are great.
Xeno'jiiva being off-the-charts ridiculous has a special place in my heart

Attached: 1562778686398.gif (270x270, 3.24M)

Xeno needs heat guard, cheese luna with status and dragon ammo, nerg's quick slam only happens at the start of his combo and after a normal slam.
JFZiQJLR8zDm

No fucking way

Monster Hunter made me question my sanity for years now.
Is it normal to find most of those wyvern monsters appealing, to the point of forcing yourself to cap them?
Is it autism?

Attached: 1519530968625.png (500x401, 152K)

I would be up for some hunts.

Tobi and Odoggo instantly come to mind. Yeah they're both pushovers, but I like their design and think they can both be improved. Also Bazel if they severely tone down the frequency of his appearance so it's a genuine surprise instead of being GUARANTEED to spawn in certain hunts.

New monsters are pretty boring. Odogaron is probably the only one fun to fight. Anjanath is pretty cool too but gets Rathalos-tier predictable before long, I hope MR Anja and Fulgur Anja have some interesting new tricks.

Fanged Wyverns deserved expanding but most of what we got were a miss for me.

even gamefaqs he shitposted on. Too bad its account-based so he got one swift deletion for trolling.
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76249225?page=5

>Xeno'Jiva
>Ridiculous
You never took a look at Frontier, did you?

wait so if I want items that are listed under "carve" but not "capture", should I kill em? I recall capture includes the carve rewards or something

Fulgur is pretty much a new monster in terms of fight youtube.com/watch?v=EfDBtu9e_XU

I think some items are likelier to drop via carves than by captures, and vice versa

No, monster hunter turns everyone into a scalie and wanting a monster fuck buddy is absolutely normal.

Bazelgeuse is a passable budget Deviljho but all in all he's inferior to the real thing
Nergigante is an ok ED(even if he dies in 2 minutes) but a really weak flagship, his presence isn't felt at all during the story unlike Magala
Kulve Taroth is a really cool monster when you get to fight her but it's rendered tedious with all of the track sniffing chasing gacha bullshit
So all in all, the new monsters are fucking garbage mostly
Granted, Iceborne is fixing everything about the monsters with the new subspecies turning even garbage like Pukei Pukei into cool ass monsters that actually have a reason to exist, Glam Rock Anjanath might actually be one of my favorite monsters in the series

Attached: 1564756923635.png (783x649, 493K)

>Is it autism?
Just keep their appeal to gameplay, you budding degenerate.

Attached: E0798A51-7BA5-4D0D-AFA6-D5C6FB8847EA.jpg (699x699, 13K)

Fatty when

When the world is full of wyverns,
The legend is revived
Meat is eaten, Bone is crunched,
And blood is sucked up dry
He burns the earth
and melts through iron
He boils the rivers
and mows down trees
He awakens the winds
and lights an inferno
He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destiny
He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destruction
Call for help
Run for your lives
And don't forget to
Pray to the sky
He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destiny
He is called Fatalis
The wyvern of destruction
Fatalis, Fatalis
Heaven and Earth are yours
Fatalis, Fatalis
Heaven and Earth are yours

Bagel is far more based than the shitty pickle

>Add a greatsword from an event that makes literally all other greatswords inferior.
this seems like bad design

Not the first time that happened. GU gave you billions of zennys and consumables from free item packs

how the fuck is that at all similar

Would be pretty embarassing if that also happened for armor h-haha

Attached: monster_hunter_world_final_fantasy_14_behemoth_event-1.jpg (1533x696, 231K)

At first glance yes
Then you realise he's an overgrown Kut ku with an attitude that just sheds pinecones and does nothing else

>all of this
>nu-Luna design
>temporal mantle
I think the team assigned to DLCs was a bit retarded
At least Iceborne DLCs are being made by the B team

>you can just plunderblade it until you have the whole set
>don't even have to kill it

I hate crossover shit
I hope iceborne has no crossover monsters

While playing MHXX I discovered that hub quests are scaled to multiplayer. How the fuck is that fair? what if the servers are dead, empty, or only full on G-rank?

Do I have to live with the fact that hunts will be 20 minutes even with top gear? I just wanted to solo until G-rank

Attached: lol just roll from the roars u plebs.webm (1280x720, 2.47M)

>finish getting my PC characters ready for 4 month hibernation
>go check on my PS4 character
>forgot that the game takes several times as long to load in
>forgot that it runs at barely stable 30 fps when it's in a good mood
>remember that after 400 hours, about 120 tempered vaals and nergs, and careful melder sniping he still doesn't have any capacity, artillery, or guard decos

God it's like moving back under the poverty line

Attached: 1537589506073.jpg (468x431, 17K)

I hope it's nothing but crossover monsters just to spite this guy

I think you're forced to break one of his claws to get shearclaws but that barely changes anything, he has a crippling weakness to sleep so you can just grab the first sleep weapon/lbg you see and sleep bomb him a couple of times until it breaks

its not that bad
its only like 2.2x or something
farming late g rank hypers is kinda annoying though

Git gud
Unironically

Considering the sheer ammount of porn of MH monsters, I'm not sure if this is ironic or not.

emulating 4U and it runs fine except for the slowdown on monster roars, are there any fixes for it?
and does anyone know if citra can use texture packs? would love to machine upres a lot of the textures

They still haven't done the Ultimate Crossover Monster to end all crossover monsters

Attached: 91ZMClbw75L._SL1500_.jpg (1050x1500, 308K)

why would you even play on ps4

okay its not really crossover monsters I hate but the fact that they make up a lot of the endgame and also drop meta gear
I wouldn't care if they were just stuff you could do for fun

How is Witcher gear meta?

In a sec m8.
Got distracted for a bit

You know they get content sooner, right? If it weren't for the abysmal framerate in twenty-fucking-nineteen, I'd jump on that shit too. Even loadscreens can be lessened with an SSD.

I was talking about drachen

Isn't Zirael really good

We'll get an Ace Combat crossover with Valstrax before this happens.

Attached: 5a2a25979303a5ab2f3147cb7758ce7d.png (700x700, 385K)

No you were not.
You were talking about crossover monsters.

Guys is the game disconnection me on every Kulve hunt or am I being kicked? HR109 and I’m geared up.

Behemoth is a crossover monster you turbonigger

and meta gear they drop
are you a retard

Sorry seems I can´t make it, servers are messed up right now.

Attached: 1501573270687.png (799x800, 325K)

>Try to look up guides on building sets for different weapons and recommended skills
>can only find hyper endgame best in slot clownsuit builds

Shit man I just wanna know what skills are good or essential for each weapon, and which ones are just icing on the cake.
Is there a resource for this I can look up?

Attached: Kirin1.png (406x447, 62K)

If behemoth didn't have the tornado attack it would be an actually fun hunt.

Attached: 1550949917094.gif (600x338, 336K)

Shame :

Just get the aggro, he doesn't cast it when he's focused on someone

Just aim for high rank odor if you're a bkademaster.
Aim for full drachen in endgame

>actually being a double dipper
you're literally the reason why capcom does this

You can try ask for advice itt. Given the constant shitposting, I really wouldn’t mind talking about literally anytjing else.

weakness exploit and crit boost

What skills are essential for Greatsword, Lance or Heavy Bow Gun?

>The only thing that matters in monster hunter is the grind

>crossover monsters
>plural
>"actually I was only talking about this one specific crossover and none of the other ones"

Will IB bring the CB back to it's 4u days or will it remain stuck in eternal unga bunga SAED hell?
The chainsaw move seems like an incentive to actually use the axe mode

In past games, capture and carve had different reward tables. In World, the tables are identical.

Well, yeah
>you want armor?
>grind
>you want weapons?
>grind
>you want to kill monsters faster?
>grind for gems/decos/whatever

so always capture because capcom are dumb dumb?

>GS
Focus
>Lance
Guard

Personally I never understood the meme Drachen meta, I stuck with 3-piece Vaal, eyepatch, and legs of your choice. With the right decos it's way superior to anything I've played.
>But crits perserve sharpness!
I never came across a situation where I dropped below blue sharpening, whatever I'm fighting runs away way before that.
Also Vaal set has more slots for useful decos naturally if you're a blademaster.
And I'm not even mentioning the fact that you won't have to ever use a healing item ever again.

saed spam is still better dps so it'll still just be that
if they wanted to actually make it not braindead they would bring back losing red shield on saed

But I'm not. Besides, consoles will never have non-shit framerates since the average consumer doesn't care if the framerate is 30 or 60.

pretty much, since it makes the fights shorter.

you are

Th point of drachen is not dropping under white, ever.

What's so ridiculous about Xeno?

>dropped below blue sharpening
dropping under white
>whatever I'm fighting runs away way
letting the monster leave
>won't have to ever use a healing item ever again
health augment

how come /vg/ jannies can't be this based

AED chads unite

White sharpness is a 10% damage increase over blue. It's good shit. Plus blue bounces off things that white cuts though.

>Not buying it because I decided it wasn't worth it
>"Double-dipper!"
Okay then.

Attached: B21812FC-D464-4CDB-866D-D430DC9825A5.gif (430x408, 908K)

>eternal unga bunga SAED hell
You can do comparable dps with combo. ~85 with the combo vs ~90 with SAED. When you factor in the extra time it takes to refill all 5 phials after a SAED vs only refilling 2 phials from using the combo, it pulls ahead slightly. The tricky part is pulling it off when hunting monsters, but that's literally the name of the game.

Attached: 1564413423198.webm (900x470, 2.94M)

Least favorite / most hated monster?
Mine has to be pic related, i fucking hate monsters that are flying half the time, and the wind pressure shit sure is fun
but then again im a world casual so meh, theres probably much worse

Attached: kushala daora.png (778x670, 571K)

>lightning tree out of iron
devil slicer / wailing cleaver

Greatsword goes well with Weakness Exploit, Maximum might (despite the nerfs both are gonna get), attack up, sharpness +1...

Crit draw used to be the meta and Charge up too, but these day crit draw has fallen out of favor, though charge up is still good. Besides that, quick sheathe is and has always been particularly good with Greatsword.

Lance also wants Weakness Exploit and attack/ affinity up, but here you are better off using Agitator, rather than Maximum might. Also guard up or evasion up depending on your playstyle. I’m more of a gunlance person though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Can’t help with bowguns. I’ve used them before, but not in World.

>>worst monster you fought
Jho. Luna's a pain too but you can simply haul ass elsewhere get some hits in then haul ass again.
Jho is tall, lanky and wiggles like a motherfucker so unless I shit para and traps I have to caress his rock hard ankles till he falls down, which is just dull. Or I have to actually try, get my positioning sorted and snipe headshots which I'm really just too lazy to do repeatedly.
>>post best monster you fought
Kulve Taroth I really like the strategic element to the fight and how rewarding she can be to fight if you use common sense and a bit of brainpower.
Vaal and odo are always fun to just grug on mindlessly.

>Not dropping under white
You have to hit the monster 3 more times to compensate the loss of damage at best, maybe a bit more if it's an AT Elder.
The only monster I can really see it being useful on is Extremoth, but then you'd have to exclusively target the head and hands anyway.

>Letting the monster leave
I guess it's better to keep the monster locked in the same zone and see your teammates carting one by one because they can't handle a prolonged fight?
You ever played with nips?

But Kush is so fucking sexy.

Attached: 1562003202237.jpg (800x657, 88K)

Normal and tempered can just be flashed over and over, he's only really bad on AT.

normal tigrex
molten and brute are cool
also cephadrome

user no

Attached: kushy flowers.png (1005x763, 638K)

Just bring lightbugs and flash pods and fire away while the fucker is airborne. Free hits guaranteed.

Attached: 1564729349232m.jpg (918x1024, 160K)

Because they collude with discord trannies.

These SAED babbies don't know the joy of stunning enraged Molten Tigrex mid charge
Speaking of Molten, is he gonna come back?

Attached: 1564591064462.png (237x289, 11K)

Doesn't work on AT Kush unfortunately

considering whoever stole the OP from that general are always namedropping people from that place and instantly having jannies delete any actual mention of the place as off-topic, I don't believe it

World has a slightly higher Multiplayer HP multiplier than most of the older games. Also World scales the part break and KO thresholds though which is a pain in the ass.

I think 3U might've been higher though.

>Somebody else who likes Kulve's fight
Nothing's more satisfying than a Kulve or Behemoth fight with great teamplay and things going absolutely flawlessly.

Attached: 1525636777484.gif (1100x800, 2.35M)

Not him but it works when Kush decides to run to its nest.
You can flash it thrice out of the air and minimize the time it's alive in the nest or even kill it before it runs when in multi.

AT Kush is the easiest of ATs. Just shoot it till it falls, then shoot it some more. The damage isn't high enough to combo you into a cart unless you get trapped in a corner with tornadoes.

I use a similar strategy, but with Eyepatch, Luna chest and nerg everything else +Nerg / Luna IG w/ healing kinsect. I ligitimately think not having to heal directly + being able to keep the full health atk boost throughout the hunt compensates having to sharpen, specially with the whetfish fins+. DPS is still lower on average, but the fights are way more survivable.

It's the easiest, but BY FAR the most tedious one outside of Lunastra.
The fight is plain unenjoyable despite how easy it is.

It's the easiest but it's still the biggest pain in the ass if you're not a ranged user.

You get the same rewards, but capture saves time and gives more investigations

>Shoot it
We shouldn't be corralled into running ranged weapons because of bad design.
>Fine, so tickle his feet until he falls!
Not every weapon has good or reliable vertical reach. He was already a mistake in base form, AT turned it into cancer.

>teammates
so you just like making things harder for yourself in general.
Let's be clear here, for the monsters that you'd want teammates for, Kulve, Behemoths, Ancient Leshen, you can't really stop them from zoning anyway.

Did they just forgot about it? you'd think we'd get SOMETHING by now

Attached: MHWI-Shrieking_Legiana_Render_001.png (1527x968, 2.11M)

So how come he isn't deleted on /vg/ but always get banned on Yea Forums?

Attached: 1564348680064.jpg (1500x1800, 744K)

he is the trannycord pet and the general is filled with trannycord people and other people are too lazy to report him i guess

He feels more like an energy being or some sort of spirit to me, and he spills raw energy everywhere like you're fighting an energy reactor. Not really ridiculous in-story compared to other elder dragons, but going from "hey look ecology is cool" to "FUCKING LASER DRAGON WAS THE BIG BAD" captivates me.

Yea Forums got a jannie doing some cleaning from time to time
/vg/ is a outlaw hellhole

We did see some of it tho. Very little but still.

>Worst monster
Top number 1 is always gonna go to Plesoith, No good, Fun destroying, Frog eating, Hip checking, Always raging, freakishly huge lookin dumb motherfucker
his hammer looks dope tho
>Best monster
This is a tough one but if i stay off Elders its probably Duramboros, As a hammer main he's the ideal monster to fight because just like the hammer he punishes your mis-plays with fuck-huge damage, With devastatingly good hammer gear and while being crazy huge never feels like he's abusing that size with oversized hitboxes or disjointed tailspins

Attached: DwhxI9TU8AApel4.jpg (550x526, 19K)

Attached: 45878590_p47.jpg (617x616, 245K)

Rather /vg/ is full of the people that you hate. Turbo degenerate basement dwellers that cum in jugs and shit in condoms.

The best monster trio!

What monster do you want to date?

Attached: 1556498025139.png (500x530, 200K)

Attached: 91823981481294.jpg (485x512, 37K)

I enjoyed most of the new ones like Odogaron, Tobi, Bazel and Anja.
Problem is that End game World never included them in any capacity and hunting anything except for varying elders in the recess was just a waste of time.

Attached: 848f1f48d676fe617a464b003aeee2e0.jpg (425x282, 17K)

At some point, hunting alone becomes kinda boring

IIRC Xeno is more or less a premature baby elder dragon, or one that you fight straight out the egg. It would seem quite logical that it has absurd ammounts of energy but doesn't know how to use it properly.

I swear if the next trailer doesn't hint at zinogre i'm gonna be really upset cause I really love him

Attached: 1563637150783.jpg (640x632, 92K)

According to elder lorefags Xeno was an adult

I mean you're definetly not wrong

Attached: 31f.png (600x600, 160K)

>Problem is that End game World never included them in any capacity
This. HR/Tempered tobi/anja is so ridiculously weak it's laughable, and their sets/weapons are dogshit

The Hub being scaled to multiplayer is honestly only a minus when its gathering focused, Having a monster that lasts more than 5 minutes is far more engaging

If we take this list and add Savage Deviljho, which is a fact since Bazel Variant is almost confirmed, we have 27 new monsters (inlcuding new, returning, subs and variants).
They weren't kidding with the roster size

>Spoiler
He probably doesn't love you like that, user

Attached: 1493162237466.png (557x566, 325K)

AT nerg is kinda bullshit huh

Peak Performance is more reliable on Lance than Agitator

*click-click*
get that motherfucker

it would be fine if he didn't have that instant slam, the powering up through the fight concept is neat but that thing just leads to way too many cheap hits

>dude just, like make the numbers bigger lmao
the difficulty in this game is a joke

Attached: 1547086149702.jpg (184x184, 13K)

Bazel. That dude has been a total bro and divebombs monsters I'm fighting all the time, and he never seems to do so when I'm in the way. I'm sure this has just been dumb luck, but he still routinely makes hunts easier for me.

On an aesthetic level I really like his design, it's distinctive without being over the top and the idea of explosive scales detonated by pressure is really creative.

>Having a monster that lasts more than 5 minutes is far more engaging
I really wish we could set the quest multiplier before embarking when playing solo. Could also be a sort of "choose your difficulty" kind of thing that would give some more rewards or increase the chances of getting rare items.

No, it made him faster, stronger, and given new moves and doesn't last less than 2 minutes

Git fucking gud

Maybe if the slam wasn't so goddamn fast, it makes it really unsafe to ever follow up on him

Which is kind of a bad move when nerg's gimmick is that you need to blitz him dead before he can do it to you

Tempered nerg is a cakewalk so they have to put in some bullshit that forces you to use a mantle

Check out my oc monster guys!

Aggressor Bazelguese

fanonmonsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Aggressor_Bazelgeuse?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Hey ladies

Attached: Bird.jpg (800x800, 152K)

Tell me Yea Forums, Do YOU support slopes?

Attached: guncat.jpg (241x197, 16K)

>Bazel Variant is almost confirmed
WHERE

The real bullshit is that his wind still ignores the normal Wind Resist skill but at least his armor set bonus exists now. Makes him a joke.

>Liking Bazel
Bazel is a professionnal asshole.

Attached: 20190804_001918.png (858x795, 922K)

If monsters actually were affected by them I would, but until they fix monsters clipping all over the place due to them I don't like them, the sliding bullshit happening automatically is annoying too

As a hammerfag they were cool at first but started to find them an annoyance later on, the concept is cool but the execution is kinda sloppy

Attached: 20190802_163813.jpg (415x397, 80K)

if we had to do a special input for slope attacks instead of automatically doing them once we're on a slope, they would be a lot more bearable

Lets me do sweet air fullbursts with gunlance so yeah.

You can make some pretty sick GL moves on them, so sure, in moderation.

I have only played MonHun 1 on the ps2 but i played 200 hours worth of Dragon's Dogma, am i still welcome?

they're sort of similar, if you want to try to get back into the series, emulate 4U or P3rd is you have a potato computer

There is a Rarity 12 Bazel weapon in the LS tree

Only when using Hammer, and only until I eventually want to not slide. After that they become shit. The real monsters in this game are ledges.
>Using HBG
>Misspace and go off the ledge at the very end of the roll
>Contemplate the mysteries of the universe while waiting for the fucking animation to end
But then I play GS and ledges become godly, so it evens out.

The moves are fun when they work but most of the time they just get in the way and fuck you up.

>i support anti-consumer practices because it stops a few people from playing in a way i don't like

Attached: 1532051843617.png (462x362, 249K)

Uppercut its ankles enough with a Switch Axe with the Kush set and he drops right out of the sky
Sure you can repeat it with any weapon with enough upward reach

they can join online lobbies so of course they're an issue. Cheating offline is fine, doesn't hurt anybody

>deleted too

Attached: 1563150055173.png (228x246, 9K)

so kick them

It's a PvE game, user. Why do you care so much about how others want to play? The RNG in this game isn't exactly what anyone would consider fair. By 250 hours, I had multiples of every important deco. Then you have others with 750+ who've never seen a charger jewel, mighty bow jewel, or something else that's practically a must. All because of dumb luck. That's pretty ass, and I haven't even gotten into Kulve.

this, if you join someone else's lobby or hop in people's SOS then you suck it up or bail. If they're cheating in YOUR lobby or SOS then you can do as you please with the scumbags.

What is the best GS?

>here let me do 30k damage and insta-kill
>it's just PvE bro, chill :)

>sub 30 fps
>no reshade
>loading times measured in minutes
don't tell me you do this

It's downright impressive just how hard you missed my point. I'm referring to RNG-based items. Obviously one-shotting and the like isn't possible within normal means of play, so that's a no-go.

Attached: E39E3D62-052A-434F-B2F2-1047A98F15D9.jpg (750x462, 42K)

Rocket GS

wyvern ignition, do the event quest that's kill a low rank rathian and paolumu and you get it

i put like 120 hours in before i realized i have to switch the map to HR.

i didnt understand at all why i was so low lvl after so long

No one plays on Xbox so...

This is surprisingly high quality for the same wiki that hosts Cwealis

user, are you fucking retarded

basic of basics for every weapon is weakness exploit
almost every weapon wants to hit 100% affinity, blademasters (other than CB) especially because that gives infinite white sharpness with AT teo/drachen
DBs/bow want crit element
HBG/LBG want spare shot+[shot type] up
GS/CB want focus 2/focus 3 respectively, CB can stack attack instead of affinity for stronger phials
lance wants 1 flinch free if you ever take it into multi, guard gems are unnecessary when power guard exists

Bullshit, the map auto switches the HR after you unlock HR.

health aug+infinite white sharpness+room for bullshit like PP3+AB7+CB3+agi1 on top

>the idea of explosive scales detonated by pressure is really creative.
Not really

Attached: steve.png (747x689, 156K)

For lance Guard 1 is basically free since you have open slots even after hitting 100% affinity and Guard 3 is a very minimal DPS loss, so you may as well use them.

i think i might be
then i must have switched it after getting wrecked thinking id switch back but forgot

ill take a screenshot when i get hone for the next thread

i was talking about it with a friend from work and he was blown away cause i didnt understand anything about hr armors or weapons ? or all the other big monsters

Slops and ledges really don't bother me and I don't understand the autism over them
I do think you should have to press something to slide though, World's default controls kinda spread out a lot of buttons that could be on the same spot.
bring back Kick and have the button use for that when you're stationary also used to slide

Agitator is total garbage, only reason it's used is that it's "free" extra.

I'm really sad that we're gonna have to wait 3-4 years to see our boy Lagi again

Attached: 53348867_p17.jpg (989x794, 226K)

ITS ALREADY THE 3TH OF AUGUST
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE TRAILER

Only 2 years tops, MH 6 will release with next gen in holiday 2020, they started production of MH 6 shorty after world released. Remember it’s Japan they work their employees horribly hard so you can expect a quick release schedule.

All the assets are there now with world so it’s not a stretch to say we’ll get mh6 around Holiday 2020 or January 2021. And with it you can expect more skeletons too

My only hope for it is that they keep the slinger and clutch claw and expand on it more, it was awesome in beta and it make the vanilla game seen piss boring without it until iceborne

>guard
>slots
lmao

it is basically free
but I'd rather have flinch free and not get fucked by everyone else during knockdowns
most anything that needs more than baseline guard can be power guarded instead anyways

Agitator is really good against terminator monsters that are always seem to be in rage and never tire, it's basically atk 7 and crit 4 in one skill.
Sadly the armor pieces which have it tend to be shit or come from fucking AT luna and AT gacha mommy.

I dunno, previous gens always had an around 3 year gap, and that was when they had more skeletons and monsters to reuse.

Ya know they did drop the comic con footage and the velkana beta demo in japan in the last two days, it could just be the original dumbasses who translated it and got it wrong and there’s no trailer and the info we got so far is the “news”

I hope it’s not because I want that fucking trailer. We’ll what’s the case by 3am tonight or the same time tomorrow

don't they release trailers on mondays?

Weakness exploit and Max might are getting nerfed in Iceborne, so it's worth getting used to Agitator.

Attached: 1304433113987.gif (141x141, 483K)

last one dropped on a thursday

agi's getting nerfed as well

When is the dev stream this weekend? I can't find anything on it.

That was mostly because of localization, now they’re doing it at the same time in all regions. Like I said though the wait at most will probably be two, I imagine with the huge success World was Capcom is gonna wanna push out a good sequel product as soon as they can

And iceborne is getting post release stuff, hopefully that’ll last about a year

Damn, I guess I should save up for a PS5 if the delay for PC will never go away.

What else would put into lvl 1 slot after getting all the important DPS skills? It's literally a choice between attack 5 and guard 1, and guard 1 is much more valuable than +3 attack you get from going Attack 4->5

all damage boosting skills should be outright removed

For multiplayer you replace the agitator gem with flinch free.

Well the delay is getting shorter, I mean originally it was a 8 month wait for world pc I think and now it 4 ( though that could be a cushion time frame and could be ready sooner but they don’t wanna get bad PR so they gave themselves a longer time frame)

So it’ll probably only get shorter and World 2 may release pc and console at the same time. I’d save up regardless and see what happens with the release before you invest in a console

WEX nerf is not that bad, you just have to just the claw to tender a monster part and it's back to 50% and it's offset somewhat by crit eye buff.
Max Might nerf hurts, but some weapons already play without it.

As long as it doesn't end up becoming a Nintendo exclusive again...
I'm just bringing this up because it feels that when it's out for one of their platforms it will rarely get turned into a multiplat.

WEx is barely getting nerfed. They just added an extra step, and it's something you want to do anyway, since the wound mechanic is strong as fuck.
Agitator is getting nerfed for obvious reasons. You can enrage the monster on command now, and agitator wasn't meant to be up 99% of the time as it was balanced.

it won't because they can get people to double dip, the delay is intentional

It's not a "cushion time frame" or anything like that. The PC delay is 100% Crapcom trying to get people to double dip again like they did the the original game.

it only lost 5 affinity

you don't have any guard decos

I seriously doubt they'd be able to get another brand new game out in just two years. I also doubt they'd even want a new generation to come out that soon for marketing reasons.

What the fuck are you talking about? Ironwall Jewel is a guard jewel.

MH is actually a yearly series. 15 years, 15 games.

It's probably being kept secret because they can't show it's gimmick without ruining it.

going through the ranks again to beat every quest to get that handicraft 3 charm, grant me strength

Attached: 1563233836554.gif (320x362, 1.99M)

Its screams make you dazed instantly if hit?

Do you have a source for that?

bro how are you this autistic

True.

I'm aware, but I think 2020 is too early for them to be moving on to a new generation and they've never done a generation with only two installments before. They'll probably fill the gap with something.

>Make a retarded statement
>Get BTFO
>"y-y-y-you're a-a-a-a-autistic"
Do your parents a favor and neck yourself.

Yeah, this is the entire problem with his fight. They took a REALLY solid fight and just ruined it and made it draw out with instant hit bullshit. I also feel they ruined AT Vaal Hazak for a similar reason. His fight was always about managing your health (within reason). And you could ignore most of that by wearing some of his set once you farmed some of it with super recovery and recovery speed 3 and effluvia res and play aggressive. He was the one fight where you could arguably get away with ignoring some offensive skills to get better kill times.

Ultimately they just shit on it, though, by making the health degradation so horrible that it ruins any strategy that includes getting near him. You're better off either gunning him or spending 10 minutes as a blademaster collectively on healing/running out of the aura hoping he'll follow you out. It's pretty fucking stupid. I haven't even fought regular Lunastra yet, so I'm sure she is just as bad according to what I've heard, but I'll see later when I play again.

Normal and tempered lunastra isn't bad, AT is cancer.

Just my opinion, but I feel mantles shouldn't even be necessary for any fight. Mantles should be a crutch and that's it. Every fight should be balanced to plain old school monster fighting. Not balanced for speedrunners using cliff jump strats, or mantle abuse builds. That's the core issue here. "Technically" there are ways to do well, it's just none of them are fun and take any engagement out of the fight. It's like Azure Rathalos, where you either bring flash bombs and the fight is a joke or you don't and it's a fucking nightmare and will take 3 times as long.

Odogaron was pretty cool. The first time I fought him I was using longsword and it was exhausting to both Dodge his attacks and attack him, I felt like it was that fight in sword art online where Kirito killed the blue demon.

what's the matter?
too much woman for you??

That's true, if they want to buy time with a portable 5th or something before pumping out World 2. I guess we'll have to see how it goes.

Oh, well that sounds like my feelings on Regular/Tempered Vaal compared to AT Vaal. So was Arch Tempered a mistake?

AT Lunastra is honestly 100 times worse than AT Nergi

gamer.ne.jp/news/201908010001/
Kulve weapons will be upgradable into MR. Everyone who skipped it got fucked

>or you don't and it's a fucking nightmare and will take 3 times as long.
Or you use IG and drop that bitch to the floor.

Best tooter.

Attached: 1563312368051.png (500x500, 292K)

>interview linked on /vg/ says keep your kulve weapons because they'll be upgradable.

KOREAN GRINDERS WIN AGAIN

Attached: D-7UMrwUcAAhE-T.jpg (800x800, 79K)

Not if you intend to perform the new clutch claw grapple.

Luna's pretty fucking awful to begin with, and her AT is the only one that I swiftly decided was not worth the trouble no matter how nice the rewards were

AT have two main issues with their buffs.
The HP buffs make the fights go on forever if you play normally.
The damage for certain attacks is insane and they get too many one shot kills.
They needed better balance because the fights get boring.
>oh no, I rolled instead of supermaning, good thing I'm at full health
>nope, dead

Precisely the problem, my guy.

>Diamond Kulve
STOP FUCKING STOP

Attached: 1454596756126.gif (720x480, 1.37M)

Yeah but I wanna use Shitch Axe, CB or GS.

craftable mod here I come

Who here's getting motherfucking JUST'd right now?

Obsolete in iceborne my ass

Attached: 1482158700533.jpg (736x442, 51K)

I want to poke his paws

Attached: 1556798501354.jpg (1500x765, 332K)

I gave up on using GS against any of the awful dragons of world, not worth it when you can actually fight and not just gun them.

I wish weapons had some unique attacks based off the monsters they were made from. Like having the lightning squirrel snake weapon get a unique thunder coated attack or a Diablos weapon getting a heavy charge.

So, is it
>Obliterate her HR ass with G rank gear to get that sweet glutton after two years
Or
>G Kulve for already upgraded weapons
I can't read moonrunes.

Oh fuck that, I don't want to use the shitty claw lance for the whole expansion.

>-There was (laughs). I'm also concerned about weapons, but I think that players are now hunting mama and tarot and collecting identification weapons, etc. Do you think of following existing weapons?
>Mr. Fujioka: I think that development does not want to waste the time of people who are involved in "MHW", so I would like to follow something.
>Mr. Enomoto: The capacity of the box will increase, so please keep it.

I've never felt quite so glad to have moved to PC

Yeah and with AT Nerg in particular I feel like his new move isn't a bad idea, but if it were telegraphed better, took a little longer to come out and didn't instant kill someone who didn't have Health UP+3 and Divine Blessing+3 and 500 Defense or more I'd have no problem with him. It's just that one move (especially since he can spam it and chooses it frequently). Ok, so yes, I'm salty af about Nerg right now.

you can upgrade HR Kulve weapons into MR

damn drip feed content i should have never stopped playing world, ill never get the commission layered set now

I don't super mind them being upgradable as long as they're no longer the best in class. They really should have been left in HR though; Glutton in particular should be deleted.

Attached: 1026460513813688321 - katsu_kani.png (405x416, 171K)

Did CB get buffed in this game? Because I build Odoggo's CB and I only started learning it like two days ago (main GS) and I'm getting comparable or better kill times. Keep in mind I don't go for cliff/AI exploit strats like speedrunners. I'm a normal human being.

My moonrunes is a bit rusty, but way I understand it is that you use MR materials from other monsters to upgrade KT weapons. So there's no MR KT.

>-Looking at the monsters being added this time, it seems that there will be more weapons with water and ice attributes, which have been a little less up to now, but how do you decide the balance of the weapons etc?
>Mr. Ichihara: Because there is not enough weapons, there is no vector to add monsters, but basically it is a story after deciding what kind of monsters you want to appear, so it is completely flat It does not mean that Of course, I realized that I wanted to make the place that was thin thicker.
>Mr. Fujioka: In that sense, subspecies play a role in balancing attributes. When I say "I want to increase lightning attributes", I feel like "That's a variant ..." (laughs).
>Mr. Ichihara: Please rest assured that "Iceborne" has water attributes as well.

What water monsters are they adding besides piss pukei?

I just hope ignition GS is upgradeable, I love its design and that it's actually great.

Neither actually. It's a bit vague. They say that you'll be able to do something with your kulve weapons (they don't say what) because they don't want to have wasted the players' time. And they say for everyone to keep their kulve weapons for this reason and that they are expanding the item box so it shouldn't be a problem.

Just get focus 3 and you can stun lock monsters with the SAED spam.

Some new water elder. Possibly the new siege monster. Given that zorah's ls branches into a water branch.

Thank god, that still shit but at least we’ll get a different seige boss and u hope it’s hard a fuck to upgrade them

Water Zorah, apparently

Plesioth

well there's weapon layered settings so you're safe

Agreed. If they made us have to fight that shit again, fuuuuck. Please do something more like MH4U for end game, rather than Kulve.

Guys, I'm so bad I don't know what to do. I've been playing MH since FU and I've cleared most of 4U's G-rank solo. I've never hunted with anyone else. And last night I triple carted to normal Vaal Hazak.

Don't utter that name here.

Now goldmommy got me curious. I might go back and smack her ass a few times before iceborne. Thanks fellas.

Im a worldbab, what was 4U endgame?

A gacha.

I'd like if event weapons were upgradeable further as well, but I just hope everything balances out better. Like, of course with any game there will be best/optimal builds but none of this "Lagia/Kadachi weapons are generally fucking terrible" nonsense. I want so bad to use other weapons but Nerg/Lunastra/Ignition are pretty much the go-to for GS and for CB/Hammer I use Diablos. Please more love for elemental on slow weapons.

I really don't care about other GS because ignition is flat out the best looking one, I just love it.

When?!?!?!?!?!?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 249K)

UW Plessy is based
I love that fish asshole

It wasn't too different where it was very low drop weapons and armor. The difference was that you could fight leveled monsters that ever so slightly increased stats as they leveled and became higher rank (low/high/Master (called G rank then)) as they leveled up. But the difference is that you could fight almost any monster in the game to farm these weapons out. And different pools gave different skins for the weapon but the stats were all from the same pool of possible stats. Yes, it was true that some of the harder monsters in the game gave higher drop chances for these weapons but it wasn't so significant that you couldn't just go fight something else every once and a while. It's much more preferable to these sieges.

Well, that's different. But land Plessy can suck a dick.

What about him had you beat?

What's the easiest way to get through as much of MHFU as possible solo? Having a hard time getting used to these old hitboxes, Garuga in particular is giving me a hard time. Is there a weapon that stands apart as good for solo play or do I just need to get good? Thinking about trying SnS, I've enjyoed it in the later installments.

That leveling up shit just reminded me of the trophy. I really hope the Guiding Lands isn't a randomly generated tower.

Play Hammer. Hammer is horribly powerful in that game. It was so strong that it got a roughly 30% nerf in 3rd gen. Also just where attack up skills.

The big reasons why so many weapons are useless in MHW are:
- Pure raw is just so much better than elemental damage. This makes 90% the elemental weapons useless.
- Drachen set and easy to get affinity makes sharpness useless a useless stat in weapon. As long as weapon can 10 points of white sharpness it's just as good as a weapon that gets 100 points.

Both of those are being fixed in Iceborne at least in some level. So we should see much better variety of usable weapons.
Obviously there will always be "the best weapon" for speed runs etc, but at least it shouldn't be a situation where one weapon is like a nuclear bomb and others feel like feather duster.

Sorry, what are the Guiding lands? I don't keep up with all of the news on new games.

Dreadking Rathalos are notorious for their flash resistance while flying. But if you can clip both of their wings, you'll be able to flash them down again.

Attached: MHWI-Coral_Handler_Screenshot_002.jpg (1920x1080, 343K)

Hold the fuck up, both a new siege got confirmed AND kulve weapons confirmed to be of use

Are they fucking saying there's gonna be an MR kulve ?

Do not fuck the monsters.
The guild will not like it.

In my opinion they just need to make elemental damage apply with crit without a skill. Why should it need a skill when it's statistically already way less useful per point than raw damage?

I just fucked up a few times when he was doing his dumb charge attack. I'm not used to elders just charging around a lot.

The guild will like it if you're their client
See some quest descriptions of the older games

Just bought MHW, this is my 2nd MH game, the first being MHGEN for the 3ds, I don't get the weapon forging system in MHW it was so easy on MHGEN, also why is my boy not here?
and why is his figures so god damn expensive?

Attached: MHRoC-Zinogre_Art_001.jpg (2000x2400, 571K)

>I don't get the weapon forging system in MHW
>kill monster
>monster drops materials
>use materials to enhance weapon
>new monsters killed open new paths
Yeah, it's so complex.

>Obviously there will always be "the best weapon" for speed runs etc, but at least it shouldn't be a situation where one weapon is like a nuclear bomb and others feel like feather duster.
See that's all I'm asking for. I don't care that there is something really powerful, but everything should be able to get really powerful under the right circumstances, whether it be because of armor skill or monster weakness or both.

What? What does their wings being damage have to do with flash resistance? Is this for real?

Final area in Iceborne. There's three trophies associated with it.
-Unlock the guiding lands
-Raise a region to ecology level 7
-Defeat Ruiner Nergigante at the Guiding Lands
The icon used for it looks like a Tower.

>Kjarr are going to upgrade into MR
>the elemental buffs and raw nerfs
better do them Golden Girls now boys

What's a good weapon for a beginner that will be good in icebourne? Using LS, bit it feels kind of slow. Satisfying to connect, though. Maybe I'm just not used to the souls style combat pace MH invented.

I'm not kidding. Their strong wings keep them aloft even when flashed. So if you break both of them, Dreadking can be flashed down again.

Attached: 20180122_092216.jpg (342x342, 24K)

BRISTLY CRAKE I SWEAR TO GOD SHOW UP

If coral handler is so smart and knows a lot of things then what happens if I cut her tail?

Dreadking is a faggot

How is it complicated? It's actually simpler in world than ever because you can actually keep track of what weapons become what without needing a wiki. It's actually more confusing in older games because you have to either record that shit or look up guides to keep track of material needs and upgrade paths.

>also why is my boy not here?
Don't know. They have fanged wyverns but seemingly deliberately left out some of the best ones.

Dual blades if you want easy and fast.

>some of the best ones
Zinogre was literally the only one before World.

So in terms of Elder Dragon power, where the fuck does Dire Miralis place if Fatalis/White Fatalis are the top dog?

Try GS or Gunlance for a bit, then go back LS and you'll feel like Sonic with it.

GenU is dogshit

I thought Akantor/Ukanlos were fanged wyverns? What are they if not?

God, I hope so. I'm disappointed by the no new xeno weapon

Basically.

those are flying wyverns

I really hope that in Iceborne there's a monster that heavily punishes ranged weapon users, those fucker have played in easy mode for far too long.

I want to remodel HIS asshole.

>Just looked up Akantor on 4U
>Flying Wyvern
Okay... so he SHOULD be a fanged wyvern, given his gigantic FANGS. But apparently he "flies".

I was using that originally but the icebourne abilities look lame as hell compared to other weapons. Maybe I'll switch back.
I actually found gun lance pretty fun but I sucked with it

>No new xeno weapon
Shit, I might not even buy it now

Try GS? All you need is good positioning and timing tackles well.

>It's much more preferable to these sieges.
idk man I think kulve is better than fighting double 140 rajangs for the umpteenth time

something more like investigations but for weapons instead of decos would be a good middle ground, especially if it doesn't just devolve into "just fight elders over and over" again

You could try the hammer, it's a surprisingly mobile weapon.

cute

Attached: 1553049104921.png (935x953, 153K)

>Zorah
>not lao which is an even bigger slog
how?

It's a flying wyvern because it shares a skeleton with Tigrex.

They're second gen monsters. They're both on the Tigrex skeleton.

Like I said, you don't have to just do rajang. But I get your point, it would be nice if there were no optimal fights and you could just do investigations on Tempered monsters. Or have them level up to Tempered eventually but reduce the amount of leveling required because growing 30 levels 1 by 1 was fucking stupid.

Yeah, but that's still illogical. That's kind of 4th wall breaking kind of shit. It's like, from a designer's perspective, sure it's the same so call it the same. But from an ingame world perspective it's like... whaaaaat???

When the review copies will be out? Last time some dumb guy leaked all the roster and maps for us.

Problem is that no matter how hard they would try to balance it there would always be an "optimal fight" and people would just spam it most of the time.

Not sure, but even though I double dipped on World I'm not getting it on PS4 again. Framerate was absolute trash and now I've already redone past the point I was at on PS4 on PC. I can stand to wait 3-4 months even though it's retarded.

Yeah I know, but if it's so minimally different that it doesn't matter there will of course be spergs but many people like myself will jump around because we get bored of the same fight over and over. That said even if it's just as bad as 4U is still a better way of doing it than one monster being mandatory.

Yeah, 3-4 month wait sucks but I have plenty of backlog to play while I wait for it.

It's not illogical. Akantor and Ukanlos were created for the second generation portable games. Even their ecology talks about how their wings eventually became vestigial, but they're from the flying wyvern line that Tigrex and Nargacuga come from.
It's not 4th wall breaking, you just came to the franchise later.

The fanged wyvern classification didn’t exist at the time and its closest relative is a flying wyvern

It’s also why they’re not classed as elder dragons, because despite their strength they still fit into wyvern evolutionary branches

>people would just spam it most of the time.
not if the quests expire like investigations do

part of the problem with guild quests was that they were shareable so everyone just spammed the same perfect quest all the damn time

not that user but retconning monster types has happened before

Off the top of my head on Fatalis, Kirin, and Lao were retconned because Dos introduced Elder Dragons as a classification.

Even with the investigations you usually get more investigations for the monster you are hunting before you burn through the attempts, especially if you hunt in a group. Allowing you to just spam the same monster over and over again.

I played FU all the way through. I just find it a weak argument. It's fair if these sounded like legit biological terminology. Like I understand it's like linking raptors to birds, etc. But it just makes no sense to me if you're going to use the word "flying". Perhaps, had they come up with a better name for that line of wyverns (because even Tigrex and Narga hardly use their wings for actual flying, not counting area moving) such as Tyrant Wyverns or some kind of Jurassic sounding name of wyvern, cool. But it's weird because we don't biologically use terms that mean flight for anything that doesn't fly, or it's usually not a descriptor for a scientific naming scheme solely because that mechanism can easily be selected for or out of a species. I know I'm over thinking it, but again it's just a name so it'd have been easy to change that.

What was Fatalis called before?

>farming endemic life now instead of waiting for Iceborne
Endemic life is getting crown sizes in Icebor e bro, if you’re a completionist you’ll have to grind em all over again.

Nothing. He was just the legendary black dragon and had the ? icon.
Same with Lao and Kirin. They were just mysterious things.

I'm on pc. I have every deco i could need. Consolecuck

What's not to get?
Forge a bone or a metal weapon
Go to the upgrade tab and just follow the upgrade path you want
It's the simplest MH has been as far as menuing is concerned.

That's an easy fix though. They could just increase chances of finding new investigations, increase the limit (why it's so low I'll never know) and increase chances of finding different monsters while reducing chances slightly for the same monster(s).

I think remobras were reclassified as snake wyverns

user. Penguins aren't reclassified because they swim. Ostriches aren't reclassified because they can't fly. They're still avians.

exactly, so there's nothing stopping them reclassifying uka/aka

also while we're at it can we change diablos/monoblos to be brute wyverns too, thanks

I'm heavily considering cheating the rest of the decos simply because it's ridiculous how rare some are. I was somehow very lucky with attack decos though. I have 6 and I haven't even done the witcher subquests thing to get one.

I think that's more fair than having to use flashbombs every 2 secs when hunting kush

Mono/Diablos are not brutes in any way beyond liking to dig and charge at things

I've hit a wall with the Behemoth.

Lao at least pushed my shit in with the time limit since I'm a lone hunter. Zorah just stands there doing absolutely nothing, can't even oneshot me if I accidentaly do whatever on his back unlike lao.

Avian doesn't describe "animal that can fly" though. It describes genetic similarity in animals. Again, I totally understand that they were attempting to do the same thing here with Flying Wyverns but perhaps using Avian would've actually been better because that's a more genetic explanation.

But Lao takes 2x as long and somehow has less moves and interaction than Zorah. AT Zorah is also a lot harder than Lao.

Trying to solo or what? Give me details.

Elder Dragons is a catch all classification. It's just for the strange monsters that defy all logic and understanding. Kirin, Lao, and Fatalis didn't even get a classification in Monster Hunter 1 and G.

I wonder if they were planning on reclassifying Narga because they totally used Odogo's skeleton and that's classified as a Fanged Wyvern, not a Flying Wyvern.