Underrail

Protectorate or Free drones? Post pros and cons Both are kinda cringe honestly. But choose from perspective of someone who is loyal to SGS and maybe hope for change in leadership.

Attached: carnicuck.png (1921x1082, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Iron_Grip
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Riot_Gear
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU
youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Focus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this game is shit because I can't steamroll trough enemies with ease.
Now give me (you)'s

depends on what you consider steamrolling

Protectorate are pros but on the other hand you get a lot of freedom with the Free drones. It's a hard call.

'Tectorade
I hate the CAU tho

>supporting commie terrorists
Not even once. Protectorate for a better future, together.

Can't write classic without CLASS.

Attached: 1564394626466.png (768x768, 322K)

Can't write oddity without TITTY.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
A

>psi crab carapace doesn't provide the psi cost reduction
>70% armor penalty
what's the fucking point then

it increases REGENERATION dum dum

This game is unplayable. Way too much walls of text.

Free drones are worthless, they want anarchy and chaos in both northern underrail and southern underrail. I don't see why they would be good allies for SGS. At best they are an enemy of my enemy.
Protectorate are much more organized, have rule of law, and civilized where I think their rule would be best overall for underrail. Even if they do suck at times. However, SGS's independence is compromised the more power and influence they have over southern underrail.
A SGS loyalist would not want either free drones or protectorate to gain more power over SGS and you're not going to find an ally with the same goals. But, the free drones pose less of a threat to SGS's independence. So free drones is the optimal solution.

At least they provide a challenge so independent stations have room to breathe without Protectorate's "aid".

You just wait 'till they hijack or gas your train
I want to see you then

also some redditor made the "chad" protectoreddit macro, so fuck them

Protectorate
+ pays you well
+ good merchant that sells tons of W2C ammo and good components
+ you get to pilot a fucking dreadnought
+ aesthetic
+ relatable characters
+ came from the North which is pretty much a 1st world country with a high standard of living, trying to improve the South which is a literal hell filled with mutants, bandits, cannibals, aliens, poverty, blood sports, oligarchy, etc.

-small degrees of corruption, crimes and racism that is realistically bound to exist in any organization as large as Protectorate. none of it is a part of their actual agenda though

Drones
-literally another flavor of bandits that pretends to have an agenda
-sentences Rail Crossing to death by stealing their supplies
-recruits idiots and people who don't even know what they are fighting for, see Kokoschka
-never actually helped anyone, ever
-hurts people who are even suspected of helping Protectorate, inb4 propaganda infor comes from Sneaky who doesn't like Protectorate either
-wants the South to stay the 3rd shithole it is
-their rite of passage involves killing a non-combatant envoy who won't attack you on his own and begs for his life if you talk to him, sparing his life means you failed and can't join them
- no positives whatsoever

Attached: virgindronechadunit.png (2518x1024, 299K)

how the fuck do i deal with 5 psi beetles stunlocking me

I feel the same way but then i remember that Free drones are literally retarded and might blow up your station just because one of their leaders thought you might join protectorate. They are basically just stupid terrorist organisation.

Molotov then run around a corner and wait for the few not on fire to show up. Molotov again.

oppose both for station-states' rights.

so molotov is the answer again, gotcha
is there ever a reason not to have 4000 molotovs?

>A SGS loyalist would not want either free drones or protectorate to gain more power over SGS
The Protectorate is bound to take over SGS if you take the train to the North, so might as well join and negotitate better terms of integration by taking over Junkyard with a Black Eel/SGS alliance. Really, they are bound to take over eventually in any case, since they are an organized force that united the whole North as opposed to mere city states in the South.

But we are SGS loyalists bre. better having to deal with incompetent terrorist dumbasses than military dictatorship who kills people just because they think they might've been bandits. as you can learn from renegade quest. Also would probably kill half os SGS because they used to be criminals or something alike.

did styg increase the number of lunatics on the mall in the expansion? i don't remember this many last time i played dominating

Fight less than 5 at once.

sure let me just not go to the silent isles

I am a demigod who wiped out Fort Apogee
protectoreddit will stay in the north if they know what's good for them

you don't know bre. There is a lot of old biocorp scientists in the south also it is said many time throughout the game that it is hard to get supplies to the south. If SGS started a bit more rapid expansion in south which SGS definitely could if it had better leadership and maybe got a better alliance with Foundry Protectorate would have to think a bit before starting a war.

No, they're the best utility item in the game. That is until you fight something that doesn't give a shit about them.

The objectively correct option is siding with the tin cans and once the drones are properly gassed walk straight into fort apogee and slaughter everybody

Slav game. Molotov best unit. Kills fascists/capitalists and doesn't afraid.

That's a very narrow minded way of thinking. By working with Protectorate you keep a close tab on their operations. Nothing stops you from anonymously sabotaging their work where it actually hurts, signing deals that benefit SGS and wiping out entire facilities worth of their personnel without leaving anyone to rat you out. Drones are indefensible.

>5 psi bettles
kid...

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 764K)

Attached: c a t.png (613x587, 219K)

Molotovs were invented by Finns to kill commies.

this is actually why i'm playing with protectorate to larp as double agent but i'm just thinking what the best choice would be storywise. Anyway SGS has no chance if Tanner and Vera are leaders. They're both kinda pathetic.

5 normal bettles aint shit boyo
Get over it

how you can even survive this on non psi

At the end of the day your most beneficial loyalty lies with Oculus.

Frag molotovs.

The thing that pisses me off the most about this game is that you're basically forced to play PSI because of how much the encounters are based around you having so many different ways to kill an enemy.

I could either spend half my entire points pool going into SMGs and traps and set up an amazing trap with this new poison I got for 1/5 of my entire credits, or I can just engage random shit with PSI abilities and spam until they die for free.

Hate that shit. Let me play without being a fucking faggy wizard.

And the thing is too, you're basically punished if you don't go PSI because so many things are based around PSI in the universe.

Attached: 1374769038233.png (194x186, 56K)

>finally get my detection high enough I can see deathstalkers
this is a glorious feeling, sweet sweet revenge

Tanner was an extremely good leader though.

yo help a nigga out

how viable are crossbow, can i find ammo for them mid/late game?

is there a way to lower grenade cooldown?

limited temporal incement

Create your own class. There are many options.

literally just throw a molotov and watch them run away in fear and lose half their hp while you get free reign to shit on them

>Also would probably kill half os SGS because they used to be criminals or something alike.
Possible, but if you were to ally with them and negotiate from a postion of power (taking over Junkyard with Eels) you could work out an amnesty.

>There is a lot of old biocorp scientists in the south
And they are all doing their own thing, which makes them useless in opposing the Protectorate.

>it is said many time throughout the game that it is hard to get supplies to the south
It's only a matter of time until Protectorate starts giving enough shit to stop playing coy with the oligarchs. Protectorate is only going to get stronger, the various city states around the South are only going to get weaker. Especially if you cause a civil war in Core City.

>If SGS started a bit more rapid expansion in south which SGS definitely could if it had better leadership and maybe got a better alliance with Foundry Protectorate would have to think a bit before starting a war.
Probably not gonna happen though.

Have to have magick in an ar pee gee my fren LMAO.

Crossbows are great especially when paired with traps.

Grenadier feat or Limited Temporal Increment.

Crossbows are always good
They are always damage me with me tin can build
Not as good as snipers but still decent
Also crossbow ammo is plentiful
Specially with expedition, the natives will have LOTS of crossbows and poision bolts

aight here's another question for yall
shield+sword or spear?
i tried them both and the fucking machete only does actual damage on crits but the block is nice

>40th killed cave hooper
>Oddity drops
Finally

Viable af against shields. And it has range effect bolts early game, so no butthurt before you get some basic feats.

good to hear man thanks!

nice, i love traps

Attached: e68239b1.jpg (720x720, 56K)

Shield spear
Become a hoplite

Kinky
Gun tottin femboy build when?

god i fucking wish

kys

Hang in there, Mr. Skeleton

Attached: g1TudZ9.png (234x188, 74K)

I have yet to see someone on here demonstrate the effectiveness of sword builds without psi abilities. So swords are kind of shit for what you are aiming at.
Go spear.

>And they are all doing their own thing, which makes them useless in opposing the Protectorate.
yeah but they all want to do their own thing which means if protectorate takes over south they can't cuz they will be dead or slaves or in prison.

Your wish can be granted with a certain feat that requires high strength.

any specific spear/spear type i need to go to?

r8 my sneaky build I made in 2016 while playing blind.

Attached: Screenshot_2019.png (932x826, 82K)

user...
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Iron_Grip
user pls

W H I C H
O N E

Nobody forces you to minmax. It's a single player game. Pick up a playstyle you like, and if it's challenging, fucking deal with it.

>snipe scales with your Sneak skill
>cloaking devices arbitrarily boost your Sneak by insane numbers

Attached: 1457323963158.png (321x322, 39K)

>underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Iron_Grip
god i am fucking erect
also no bully i started yesterday uwu

Attached: 3.jpg (525x700, 58K)

any pirate link to the game with the expansion?

Iron grip, str 11 required.

Now go, user
Become a Hoplite
Make Alexander the Great proud

snipe is good, but the REAL damage dealer is aimed shot.

>Trying Psi
>Find it pretty boring
>Just want to import my stealthy knife guy again because I feel like he wouldn't have to deal with a lot of the frustrations my heavy armor/shotgun guy had in Expedition

Attached: the giant rathound that makes all of the rules.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

You gotta go full crits and dodge with swords. No idea how to counteract AP limitations though.
I recently discovered cheap shots and will be using it for my current build. It's looking to be great with specialization.

Kill them all.

>'One of these days, all of Underrail will be yours, Jack'

Sadly, the only real DMR is Dragunov.

Cutthroat/Stealth made things so much easier. I wonder if a low level is capable of beating the arena gladiators with cutthroat.

Let's see what kind of trouble I can get myself killed

tacticool gear or riot gear for a psi build?

Remenber lads
Magnesium podwer you see
Magnesium podwer you buy
Specially in the early game

>implying
Rapid Spearhead has lower AP cost (24 vs 25), lower move penalty (15 vs 25, fucking 0 vs 10 with Strafe) and has the same close range penalty, can be lower with a barrel retractor (13 vs 25). No smart module or anatomically-aware scope, either.

Dragunov is literally just a discount rapid spearhead that's useful before you find both the frame and a rapid reloader to make the real deal.

reminder grenadier and crafting grenades are the cheapest things in the game

Riot gear
You can make a shield with a psi bettle carapace, which will protect you from melee attacks AND boost your psi abilities
Requires 4 strenght tho
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Riot_Gear

I don't know if I was low level but the crux of my carnifex strategy was restealthing and gutting him.

He meant the Dragunov is the only sniper rifle that's a real life rifle, user.

It's the only real life DMR, I suppose. There's other real life sniper rifles in the game.

>Kokosha has a AKX
>'Literally indestructible'
>Has no durability counter
I see Styg is a fellow /k/ommando
No surprises since he's a slav

Tactical vest.
Riot gear's melee bonus may be alluring, but don't listen to retards: the best psi enhancing weapon in the game requires you to have access to both hands, you can't do it while using the riot gear shield. On top of that it needs 4 STR, something that you usually can't afford on psi builds.

tac vest is better, riot gear requires 4 str which is an attribute point you could spend somewhere else and the melee protection is unnecessary since nothing should be ever hitting you in melee

riot gear is also heavier and protects you less against bullets which is one of the few things that might manage to ever hit you, a tactical sturdy vest with bulletproof cloth and psi caparace is the best you can make for a non CON psi character

>running Temp/Thot/Kinesis
>no metathermics at all
>after Styg nerfed the shit out of the muda muda muda spread feat
>also grabbed the feat that reduces the temp cooldowns but adds 5 to the action cost
>pure psi
>started investing spec points into the muda muda muda spreader
Have I fucked up?

Attached: 1554150897495.gif (1280x720, 1.77M)

Ofc, just flashbang him, restealth, cutthroat. Then you got a 3 turned stunned carnifex with a high bleeding damage. With a bit of save scumming it can probably be done, at least on normal mode.

>I see Styg is a fellow /k/ommando
Cringe

Styg is anything but a /k/ommando and the indestructability of AK-pattern rifles is 100% a normalfag meme

You cannot flashbang Carnifex
He's inmune to incapacitation (I think)

No he isn't. I did it on dominating.

whats the difference between the different shotgun ammo?

Wrong.

Attached: CarniSniperDOMI.webm (962x542, 2.88M)

Freedom aint free

>the joke
>your head
The game is full of Slav memes, zoner

neat

>bre
Are you in every single thread?

>Implying Bre is not widely used by many zoners

Not fucked at all since specialized ripple is still fucking amazing

thoughts on pic related?

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1906x920, 157K)

This is what comes to mind

Attached: 6149509.jpg (1500x1440, 127K)

I'm unironically excited to test a KNS gas piston in one of my AK's before I SBR it.

Attached: Norman Hack.gif (426x248, 1.4M)

You can, just pick classic exp alongside your difficulty of choice

The indestructibility and flawless reliablity of AKs is hardly a slav meme, it's a worldwide normie meme born out of ignorance.

Attached: RhtYFG8.jpg (1500x1142, 215K)

or role psi. What difference does it make oddity faggot?

Bumping this because I'm running both guns and psi with strength, I'm at a point where I can pretty much buy/make any shell I ever wanted but don't know what works better for which targets. Another question, does using hoppershot make it more difficult for targets to evade because of the number of pellets?

>all rift locations are hidden from eyes of other people
>exept for Oculus where everyone can see you warping in and out
>nobody gives a shit
Are they actually using it too?

I just fucking found a blast suit with my fishing rod.

Attached: bed.png (426x364, 6K)

I just assumed it started as a Slav meme considering who created them.

It really didn't need to be nerfed though. I can lay 6+ or so ripples and hide behind a force field, and then watch as...1 of the ripples spreads. Styg fucked up with nerfing that feat, is there any way to revert it or change it back so it's not complete dog shit without having to invest 10 spec points?

Whenever you fire a shell, it rolls that hit % chance for every pellet. Firing more pellets is generally more damage, unless you're fighting targets with higher defense thresholds, in which case you'd want to use 8p or 12p. You're usually gonna be using 8 or 20, though. 12p I've felt is very niche, for like, main-game robots.

Dude, they are in the middle of a fucking alien spying machine. I think they just don't give a shit.

Are rapid reloaders rare? Can't seem to find one roaming the weapon shop circuit or am I blind?

Semi-rare. Try various weapon and mechanic merchants after Depot A.

I just answered a question. Why are you so mad, local schizo?

So basically the underrail threads are controlled by two gangs, the classicfags and the oddityfags?
Also, does it matter who I ally with or can I just go it alone, none of the rewards they offer seem worth the trouble.

Thanks user, I'll keep this in mind. What about combat shotguns with burst when you have full auto? I think it's a cool as fuck idea.

Just keep in mind
Oddityfags = literally just one thin-skinned autist that doesn't even play the game

i am in many of them but i see a lot other anons using it so chill out bre

>First unarmored/fist cheevo
Noice

Picking a side is 1 extra shop to pawn shit in and maybe roll some craft mats with good numbers.

No one uses it but you, not in discord or 4chins. Bre.

?? it's not bad even without the spec points. With them it's amazing.

t. Northener

how do I start as a gun build in this fucking game how am I supposed to deal with these fucking psibettles with a shitty 9mm

Attached: 1564063578692.jpg (640x633, 58K)

bre i know which posts aren't mine. I can tell you that i see a lot of posts with bre in them which aren't mine.

It's really satisfying and all when you can get a good line up to burst 3 or so enemies, but the regular non-combat shotguns do so much fucking damage compared to the burst ones without relying on spending your entire turn bursting. Plus you can counteract their usually low ammo counts with a tube extension. I'd probably only do combat shotguns if you're either using temporal manipulation or you have the forward grip/drugs

buy some fucking grenades

I did pistol very early game. The .44 pistols are what got me through psi beetles. My eventual plan was however to go with plasma pistols that blow through most armors and make psi beetles look like rat hounds.
I do think firearm pistols can be pretty strong late game if you go crit build, but it doesn't beat plasma pistols.

Molotovs
HE nades
Caltrops
Traps
Net

Use your imagination

Reroll until you find .44 in nearby trashcan.

Attached: .44.jpg (270x267, 7K)

are you forgetting how many fucking psibettles are there in that starting quest

if you're talking about the warehouse beetles just abuse chokepoints bear traps and molotovs

Normal punches on unarmored targets
Heavy punches on armored targets
Correct?

You're very naive. It's an american meme. Typical case of romanticizing the foreign. Mostly fueled by the failures of M16A1 in Vietnam.

Psi beetles are well armored until they expose their fleshy bits.

Will anyone ever unravel the game's coding and discover exactly how component quality is generated?

like 5. just buy 5 molotovs from quinton or whatever he is called

It's random
It goes higher as you keep progressing in the game
First trader upgrade is when you beat Depot A
Second trader upgrade is when you complete a Core City faction questline

Why does it matter? Isn't changing component quality one of the easiest things you can do with CE?

5mm pistols are dogshit, selling it for a 7.62 should be enough to get you past psi beetles and soon after that you'll likely find a .44 or a SMG/Rifle

Which faction is best for a pure psi character?

coretech since it gives you an electronics merchant with pretty good quality

Coretech

Sail to junkyard right after doing generator quest > go to junkyard entrance, then west, then south > kill 10% hp mook for his smg, it's usually a good Q piece> yeet on psi beetles

Don't forget to kill the dude's girlfriend once you clear the burrower's den btw her name is Jenny.

Correct.
Correct.
Wrong.

How /when do traders reset their buy lists, exactly? I have like a dozen guns by now and this faggot Lucas doesn't want any.

every 90 minutes

I'm never going to sell all those pistols, am I...

Attached: 1431870331785.png (377x493, 417K)

Scrap the low value ones.
Make repair kits.
Repair the high value ones.

You're welcome.

this but do it for every item, the most profit you will make with loot is selling repair kits and repairing high value items to sell with the rest of the kits you couldn't sell

also wait until you finish with the drill parts quest since that opens up the rest of the world to you and and you get a lot of traders to sell shit that way

Aegis or pirates? What are the perks of both factions? Who is more fun?

Recycle bad weapons
Craft repair kits
Repair the good damaged weapons
Make big coins

Thanks, anons. Not gonna lie, I've been kinda staying away from the crafting so far since it seemed a bit overwhelming, but I guess now's a good time as any to get into it.

>
>also wait
But I want my SGSbux now!

Dude
Crafting RULES in Underrail
See all the fancy unique weapons?
They pale in comparison with +120 quality components crafted weapons
As a matter of fact, there are weapons that can be only and uniquely crafted

I for whatever reason never thought of this either, so thanks.
You'll keep finding guns, I've found that doing trade runs between SGS and the Junkyard can be profitable, depending on which kind of currency you need. I'd otherwise say to not give a shit but I put plenty of points into mercantile. Just know what you're going to put points into, to get the most out of items they require secondary components and other crafting skills.

Nobody is falling for it. Just give up.

You get a fucking 7.62 smg for some shitty clock as your first quest in the game.

where does good quality cave hopper leather come from? where are quality cave hoppers?

anyone?

i saw some cave hoppers on a small island in the black sea i assume they have quality skin

Gazellegames or wtf its on gog you dont even have to crack it.

so it's from hoppers in more dangerous areas?

The only high quality hopper skin is hidden in hopper graveyard.

underrail itself is decent but expedition is pretty fun

infuse the leather w/ super steel

Which jet ski should I buy or is it just about preference? I'm playing a stealth sniper build.

>bored of my psi build after finishing expedition main quest
>try spear build
>harder initially but manage to get a 20%/9 mechanical resistance riot gear and decent tichrome spear crafted before Depot A
>smashing things with 150 damage crits
>oneshot a mutant with a 370 damage spear throw
Goddamn I love spears, hated the machete build I tried initially but these are fun.

What are your stats? Im critting for 300 at level 11 with a spear you get as a reward from camp hathor.

Can I kill those thugs without any consequences? I REALLY don't want to pay 5 coins.

Attached: underrail_2019_08_04_00_30_23_371.jpg (1920x1080, 944K)

How the fuck do you have tichrome before Depot A?

This game has been out for fucking years, why the bump in popularity?

Blaine

They aren't scrappers or eels so they can be iced and no one would care.

Damn black market strong

New DLC
Good shit

Nice.

Fucking hell I hate the new gook owner of this god forsaken site, sick of filling out the capricious cunt of a thing that is reCAPTCHA like a fucking tamed snail.
Level 8, nearly level 9, using this spear, feats are Sprint, Paranoia, Conditioning, Impale, Spear Throw, Cheap Shots. I'm going for dexterity rather than Strength though, if you're a str build you likely have higher damage per hit.
Yes, though depending on your level and build they're pretty hard. Also 5 coins is peanuts, the chad way to deal with it is pay them then pickpocket the shit out of them.

Attached: 1564868090.png (1600x900, 838K)

You can also freely kill the thugs by the south exit if you want to murderhobo them even if they dindu muffin.

should I negotiate with the pirates or try to infiltrate?

How do I recharge my Junk Jet? It won't let me use the battery on the ski itself, and I can't charge the battery directly by opening its inventory

Am I stupid or does Leading Shot not work in Barrel Stare range?

25 mercantile, never leave silent isle without it

there isn't any the best you will probably get i think its a 46 one on the hopper graveyard, just get to foundry and do the beast quest and then infuse the leather with super steel, thats how you get a decent quality infused hopper leather since it mixes both the quality of the leather and the super steel

they also drop mutated dog leather armor so you can just use that in depot A

Never mind I got it, it was just fucky collision. You can disembark at a different range than you can recharge.

No leading shot and barrel stare do not work together, leading shot is the best shotgun feat along with sixth shell though

> as long as there are no enemies in melee range to disrupt you.
Both of your assumptions are true

Where the fuck is the key to dude's safe? I can't find it and my lockpocking skill is too low.

Well fucking shit, should I just ditch Barrel Stare? Kneecap Shot is already wrecking most stuff and I'm not using combat shotties.

Also on the topic of shotguns, does Perception affect shotgun precision at all? I know it's not as significant as with other guns, but is it actually 0?

>Spend 9000 charons
>Get shit q supersteel
>Game designed to prevent savescumming
fug

It's hidden somewhere on the room, and it's unmarked, so it wont highlight it
Point and click adventure

Yeah there are better feats out there and if you need damage you just need crit really.

Perception does help improving the hit chance but the hit chance cap is decided by spread angle i believe 55 is something like 73% and 50 spread angle is 80% there is a shotgun with 45 spread angle but i dont know the values for that one

Metal Armor AR craftmaster is still fucking busted bro, as are speedy shotgunners and trappy snipers. You're overreacting.

Attached: 213543.png (400x431, 47K)

Holy shit i finally found it, thanks

>Getting filtered as a glass cannon psi monk on hard
>Completely broke

Can I play this on a toaster?

On GMS*
Fuck, Heavy Punch does not do enough damage and I dont have zap zap yet

Yes.

Most likely
My toaster is from 2007 and this runs smoothly

Nevermind I can only afford the Freighter at 13k and I'm not spending all my charons for that. However I have a plan to steal the Devastator once I have enough lockpicking skill.

Psi builds suck in the beginning, because they have shit for MP, and no good skills. And all of psi's good shit comes from it's skills and having psi cost reducing gear. Also fags keep overstating how good they are. They're good, but others keep up no problem as long as you're not going into an absolute shit build. It's only when you have some super autistic minmax build with spreadsheet level by level building is when you get something actually broken, and most people don't do that, plus with the way the time psi stuff works, now a ton of builds are technically "psi" because people want those cooldown reducers.

Holy shit the DLC is finally out?

Attached: Holy shit.jpg (299x200, 9K)

I've been playing a basic bitch rifle/shotgun burst build and the only investment I put in psi is force field, and even that is only mildly useful. By the time I got the drill motherboard I had problems with people not having enough money for all my shit, Nigga use repair kits. The only thing you're really forced into is the crafting skills.

AK rifles are easier to maintain and work in terrible conditions. Virgins from /k/ spam their own memes, but you're so far removed from reality it's not even funny.

AK's are the obvious choice when you have to supply more than 1 person, and that's why african monkeys put that gun on the flag

Again, I'm rolling a Psi monk with psychokinesis only
I'm getting 10 Strenght because I want Wrestling feat and good psychokinesis damage with Corporeal projection, without neglecting agility nor dexterity

This is my first time and I'm not following any build, just using my imagination

>le psi monk
top kek, this guy fell for it
if you go psi on dominating, you better take all the skills you can

Yes it is, now get on it because it's everything we were promised and more.

legit forgot about that, I assume the damage is enough to go past the mechanical DR of the beetle with open brain

to paraphrase some documentary I watched a million years back
>AK's are so simple to field-strip and maintain that children can do it, and they do

>if you go psi on dominating
Read again

Who do I join, JKK, Coretech or Preatorian Security? Who has the most enjoyable missions?

then you're just bad amigo, consider dropping to normal and figuring out how the game works

JKK has a waifu which is never a good thing in Underrail
Coretech will make you hunt for a guy and kill a cannibal
Praetorian will make you face a huge ratdog and defend from an army of mercenaries all by yourself

However, when people pick Core City factions, they do for their unique faction traders
What's your build user?

Case in point.

No
Piss off

>Kept getting frustrated with shtogun builds since you can't really get a proper shotgun until before Depot A unless exceedingly lucky
>Stick with it and cheese most early game with Temporal and Sprint
>Finally get my hands on a Vindicator
>Build starts coming together
>Bombing and boomsticking the shit out of Depot A
>Even managed to kill Wyatt
Holy shit.

Attached: 46234.png (447x378, 11K)

Nigger in point, that hasn't field stripped a gun ever in his life

By the way, how much jet ski combat is there in the Expedition anyway? Can you get by with the starting scrap jet?

Attached: 1539481862058.jpg (2480x3507, 1.46M)

will the expedition be fine against pirates if I activated the naga and 2 turrets? I'm at k11 and don't feel like going back right now

JKK > Coretech > Praetorian for me.
Coretech suffers a little from not having any exclusive quest location, and both them and Praetorian have a first quest you might have already solved by the time you join. JKK's quests are all unique.

However, Praetorian has a glowing crystal and some lore you can't get anywhere else.

>killing wyatt
>not telling abram about him so he can later probably kidnap him and make immortal juice out of him for the rest of his super secret friends club

I can't even remember how to make proper psi build. I had a viable one that could also pass most of perception checks. What was that autistic Russian min-max build planner on YT? He also made some for PoE and Pathfinder: Kingmaker

>murdering natives
>having fun
>suddenly fucking psykers with implosion and mirror image who look like some fucking liches

Attached: 1553415906965.png (204x180, 26K)

Nvm I remembered. Nerd commando

I was.just.more alpha than the psychic rathound

Doubling up on ignorance is never a good idea, user. Let it go.
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

>no option to rape native cuties
>can only kill them

Attached: 1534869599667.jpg (495x364, 36K)

Do I get cucked if I join JKK?
Don't really care what meta game option I should pick, I just want to have fun.
Is the lore impotent to the story or would it be better for later playthroughs?

Huh, okay user?
What build?
Bah, point moot, you already started praetorian

>Do I get cucked if I join JKK?
Technically no, but you will feel like it
This game loves to throw you sucker punches when you let your guard down

I'm a different user

Am I the only one who thinks expedition is a turn for the worse?
>driving around in jetski is boring
>beach invasions break the pacing
>all lemurian ruins feel samey
>its another fucking mcguffin hunt

JKK is more engaging
Coretech is more intresting
Praetorian is harder

Each faction has traders you will be unlock, and each faction specializes in different things, some in raw metal armors and heavy guns, some in techno stuff, some in assasination and crossbows, etc.

Guns AND Crossbow?

Coretech is actually the hardest one since you gotta defend the warehouse

Praetorian version is to go in and do a clean up of the mercenaries that stormed inside

nah, jetskis were cool. the base defenses were dumb though

Anyone?

>Is the lore impotent to the story or would it be better for later playthroughs?
Nah, nothing essential, you can save it for a future playthrough. Preferably a psi one, to get the most out of Praetorian's questline.

>mixing with subhumans

quality 80 supersteel is just about the lowest possible isn't it?

you get an aegis jetski after rescuing the professor, at least I did.

I don't want to hover over that spoiler, I'll just save it for a psi build playthrough.

Attached: 1440960610422.jpg (516x256, 39K)

I beg to differ
Dominating Praetorian warehouse is harder because you're all on your own
In Coretech, at least you have allies to help you with

I fucking knew you were gonna post these 2 neverserved e-celebs ahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Is it just me or do the tribals speak random mumble Finnish?

Attached: finnish_man_on_a_quest_for_mämmi.jpg (1234x1022, 131K)

Their girls look better than southerners.

Attached: 1548758431067.png (900x860, 490K)

Is the protectorate warehouse some sort of illegal operation or something? How is busting the place up and capping the guards outside too not putting a bullseye on you?

given the dev is Serbian, might be based on hungarian?

should i steal the cube from coretech and give it to tanner?

you're not capping the guards
you're capping the mercenaries that capped the guards

yeah, I'm doing a stealth+knife build, and the jetski combat and the base defense is particularly bad

I can give you a slight hint, user, do it at your own peril

Wait I think I used the wrong term I mean when you steal shield emitters for gorsky

>you literally wipe out entire native settlements together with their elderly and women
>it's a 2019 game
how

It's a mess of all nordic languages

All this time I've been apprehensive to go for 3 STR builds due to shit carry capacity but just now I realized you can simply keep a Lifting Belt around and wear it to haul your shit back. God I'm so fucking stupid.

>no argument whatsoever
>implying being a welfare queen has anything to do with mud jamming one firearm and not jamming the other
I accept your defeat.

It's a weird conglomerate of scandinavian languages, just like Fatherland's one is slavic.

Because it's a rather unknow slavic indie game

Jet ski combat is mostly optional. You'll have to off some snakes if you don't want to autistically stick close to the border on every map, but there's not that much interesting combat to be had on water.

Actually I think this is the only area where Expedition is kind of lackluster. A lot more could have been done with this. You get the snakes, some jet ski patrols, you can play Battleship with Sormirbaren boats that can't move an inch, and storm coastlines from a safe distance. That's about all you do with them.

For me, its rathounds

Attached: rattatat.png (100x100, 14K)

>you can't rape native cuties
>you can't rape Evelyn
>you can't rape the psi sisters
>you can't rape Ljubostanka
>you can't rape Amelia
>you can't rape Vera
i swear, if this game didn't allow you to genocide tribal natives and commit war crimes, it'd be one for cucks.

Also infused.pig leather boots and there's grub that raises carry weight

based columbus, colonizing and disciplining cute savages

Do I ever actually find out what happened to make the surface uninhabitable? Don’t actually tell me what it is if so.

>I accept your defeat
go defeat the zits on your face
the desperation with which losers like you shit out bile in the comment section of the videos of these 2 losers, is everything anyone needs to knows and methinks it's just small penis fanboyism that lies at the hard of the issue, because like I said AKs are an icon
not to mention "I" distinctively remember old school videos, of some instructor casually doing testing not by carefully smidging mud over a closed/open bolt system, but by holding the chamber open and sprinkling dirt in there, which by the way the 2 ecelebs of yours most probably mention, yet make no attempt at mitigating this difference
I could go on and, but you are just an obnoxious fanboy and actually don't deserve to know the truth, because you base your thoughts on faggots who clearly pander to faggots :)

>Can't take Doxy away even when she wants it.
Why would you do this Styg.

lifting belt + pentapus barbecue + rathound regalia + power fist + infused pig leather boots

No

Is it worth picking up pellet mayhem?

No, although we do learn something new that rules out a lot of potential causes.

It's okay, user. Mud jams AKs with ease while it doesn't jam ARs. You were wrong, I was right. There's no need to be this upset about being wrong, it happens.

Depends. I've got Grenadier for groups so I don't really see the point.

The game doesn't really start until you reach depot A. Up until that point, you can win every fight just with bear traps, molotovs, or a combination of the who (except for the robots on floor 2 of gms. Which you instead beat by just having a tactical vest or investing in emp if you have the dosh).

So... Crossbow, molotows, stealth, hacking.what Else do i need

Shit feat, recklessness and crit goggles are all you need

and by the way this "mud test" you want to go on about, is funnily enough the only thing mentioned in these convos, especially since m16s explode from the beach landing test
but that's just another factor smalldick ARfuckboys love to ignore
>mud doesn't jam ARs in this "test"
heh
what a stupid fucking fanboy

>buy gernades
>i buy just gernade casings
the pain never ends, where can i buy the actual shit?

If you have a group of enemies staring you at shotgun range you're better off running the fuck away while laying down grenades rather than shoot them.

points in throwing and throwing nets, also traps

what's the most interesting weapon/offensive style to pair with metal armour? not best you spergs, don't say assault rifles or hammers.

Attached: jiggle.gif (188x250, 2.99M)

do you also buy hexogen or are you just carrying around a bunch of heavy useless shiti?

Grenades. Become a throwing machine.

what the fuck is reverse highlight and how is it any different than highlight they both seem to do exactly the same thing

I use it but I full auto so 5 bullet slam.

I dislike traps, encourages savescumming to let you know when and where to place em

Crossbows, Throwing and multicrafting. Fuck stealth, just CC everything.

Is that the dude with gynecomastia?

I can only wish you good luck in getting over your negative feelings. At least you didn't say the mud was out of spec.

if you cant contain yourself from savescumming thats a problem with you rather than traps, also once you completed the game at least once you already have an idea where and when to place traps

there are also very obvious fights where you can place traps knowing enemies are coming from certain places, and quick tinkering lets you place traps during combat if you don't want to prepare before a fight

is there a list of rifts?

drop test, beach landing test, PROPER mud test (mud in internals), tempereture test - these are all tests where the AK beats AR

AKs are "rugged" for ALL these reasons, which your fanboy eceleb losers who live off donations, somehow REFUSE to mention I think it might have something to do with their nationality of their paypigs :)

Like ignoring the 1meter drop test (statistics of guns getting dropped vs guns getting mudded) when talking about the ruggedness of the gun, and going into the somehow very "specific" ladle mud into the AK's open bolt test, is a bit disingenous, but only a neverserved idiot who watches "gun" ecelebs on youtube will think that's ok

what's that? is that the sound of you shitting your pants and having nothing to say other than the word of eceleb youtube cancer? ahahahah

buy a gun

Different order of highlighting, in case two things overlap. Say, a creature is in a doorway and you can't target it because of the door being in the way.

so I found a submarine at k11 in the black sea, I can't seem to do anything with it, do I come back to it later as part of the main quest?

free drones arent too cringe once you actually join them

you should do both eventually, but im never doing tin cans again

Reverse highlight makes it easier to target things behind other things. So when you can't for example close a door because there's a corpse in front of it you try reverse highlight.

There's a list on the wiki

but you can

Yes.

I even forgot to mention the dust test, like it's not even a competition

the lemurian ruins only felt samey at the nexus

white rat and its double dops was harder for me

I think I made a mistake by choosing Run and Gun.

>drop test, beach landing test, PROPER mud test
Neither is an issue with an AR. It shouldn't be an issue in any decent service rifle, as a matter of fact. What year do you think this is?

>PROPER mud test (mud in internals)
How exactly is mud supposed to get inside the AR when it's a tightly sealed action with a proper dust cover? That's the entire point and what makes the AR perform better against mud. The mud doesn't just magically spawn inside the chamber, user. Don't be silly.

>neverserved
Again, what does being a welfare queen with a rented gun have to do with AK failing where the AR doesnt'?

>buy a gun
Buying more guns is always good, thank you. Try not be that upset about being wrong in the future, it's bad for you.

Attached: p10chst.jpg (4032x3024, 2.83M)

hey fuck off to /k/ nobody gives a shit about you retards we're gaymers in here

How many items does it take to kill the final boss?

Attached: Tchort1Shot.webm (960x540, 2.67M)

well, get some reinforced metal shock gloves, get opportunist, get a taser, then do your heavy punching

is it possible to kill tchort with grenades?

>drop tests are not an issue with ARs
neverserved
>how mud get in!!!
maybe during the reload, ya neverserved
>neverserved
yup that's you
>buy a gun, posts pic stolen from /k/
you're a coping streetshitter, case closed

tyg, you cocky asshole
lol

Is there another opportunity to join the Grim Jettters besides that one persuasion check? Is it even worth doing this?

>64% chance to hit

Attached: 1552812195222.png (291x382, 190K)

Fuck if I know. I guess you could go with shotties and Metal Armor but I've found they're much more effective with speedy characters. Either get Sprint and Barrel Stare or go with Leading Shot and Grenadier.

user, you're now even making any arguments anymore, just trying to cope with the overwhelmingly strong negative feelings caused by being wrong. I choose to end this conversation, as it's been off-topic long enough and doesn't serve any purpose anymore. Try to cool down, take a walk maybe.

Attached: b87.png (500x472, 223K)

It had to be done.

It's 95, take a closer look. It displays less when I'm walking because of the move penalty, but goes back to 95 once I'm standing still.

streetshitter who posts e-celebs wants to talk about arguments ahahahah
when are you going to address the fact that the "ruggedness" of a gun is not defined by one test, you seem to be ignoring that fact

isnt heavy punching a bad fucking option considering how stron the claw (unique combat glove) is?

So you really did it. I love the retarded ideas you can come up with at times.

>tfw you exterminate the muties
>tfw the ferryman points his shotty at you as you approach the dock

top fucking kek, you old pseud, i just killed a small army and a fuck load of security bots with grenades and a goddamn spear, what's your ancient ass gonna do?

Heavy armor dude with ARs and sledge, any advice for dealing with psy troops, even though I have 700 hp they still kill me in a turn or two

Flashbangs, tasers, and lead. Always kill them first besides snipers and grenadiers.

Hide behind corners and make them come to you if you can't disable them in one turn.

How exactly do you trigger everyone leaving the Black Sea? I talked to all the named NPCs to say goodbye, but the only way back is alone.

Why the fuck is this a thing? Psi builds won't use it, hybrids don't need it.

Attached: 1550344430139.jpg (596x434, 96K)

>start a fight with the FErryman
>he wasted ALL his ammo and couldn't even deplete my shield fully, HP intact
>all he has left is his fists, butI'm on a ski
>ride away laughting

>why is this a thing
The natives use it. Try to keep up.

I used it on a hybrid when I ran out of boosters at their village. Gets the job done.

Is genociding the locals the only way to handle them?

Mate. Thats for the psions of the Black Sea, do you think people are meant to use the healing balms? They dont have a single mindshroom in that place.

Who should I give the acorn? (Everyone is dead except the expedition)

Also, what should I do with Todd?

Also also, any way to talk to Yngwar that doesn't involve having high intelligence?

Attached: 1536121205786.gif (320x240, 639K)

You are parting ways, user. They go their way, and you go yours.

no
the claw doesnt do shit against robots, and you cant even get it until after depot A and even then only if you know where it is and beeline for it

>do you think people are meant to use the healing balms
b-but I do use them
I got dozens, free alternative to bandages/hypos to heal up from small amounts of damage.

This seems potentially useful to me as a Temporal gunner. Allows me to buff myself with Contraction and debuff an enemy or shorten my cooldowns.

>Also also, any way to talk to spoiler that doesn't involve having high intelligence?
Yes, at least two more.

are you serious? theyre fucking great
I use them all the time

>"Go steal shit from the Protectorate warehouse."
>Stealthing is boring so I just murder everyone
And that's when I joined the Free Drones by default.

So what, they are just going to stay in "everyone is getting ready to leave" forever?

Really? How?

when did you realize that weird breathing sound whenever the tribals took powder was them snorting the fuck out of those powdered horns?

They are not going to leave while you are standing in the middle of the camp, that's for sure.

Fair enough, I don't think those are obvious since I have yet to try something that works.

immediately
its cocaine

>retarded ideas
I'm just answering questions no one ever asked.

You can also intimidate him or challenge him to a spear duel. Obviously you are going to need a spear for the latter and have to not suck at melee.

Fuck, I could've done that? I blitzed his tribal ass to death with my bare hands.

Man, if I had known that crafted gear is this far beyond drops I would've rushed crafting harder than I did.

This is like 100 q stuff; can't wait to see what the 150+ makes

what if I have no intimidation and I have 0 melee combat skill along with 4 intelligence

Why would you lie to me like that, man? I know those allow you to talk to him. But you need INT to know wtf he's talking about. I don't think INT is even something that allows you to talk with him, that's just intimidation and melee

Future generations will be grateful for your hard work.

can you beat tchort with only throwing knives?

>I'm just answering questions no one ever asked.

is there any merchant that will accept the grey army currency?

I doubt it
hes immune to poison and has high DR/DT
I think youd need expose weakness at least

And now I can't answer those!

But both should be possible. Blow up the tanks with TNT, run up to the eye, throw nades/knives for as long as you can, back to the safe room, heal up, repeat.

Sledgehammer and psychokinesis.

What? You're a stealth character. Scout ahead and place them in obvious places. After combat starts just lure enemies toward your fields of traps.

damn i completely lost interest in exploring. Just finished acid hunters off and got end game equipment and dont even want to finish the oculus shit or protectorate shit or explore i just want to know what the tchortists are doing im lvl 20 btw

Sorry, I thought you meant getting past the initial hostility. My bad. But yes, INT is an option there. You just need to repeatedly shout Forskarr Flottsormir like an idiot.

>tfw took the meme sword build so I have to caltrop the entire beach to win
HELLO NATIVES LET ME SHOW THE CHAD SOUTHGATER POSION

Attached: 20190803183059_1.jpg (1920x1080, 461K)

I've been mostly friendly with faceless on my first playthrough and I consider going full genocide on them this time. Are there any new paths opening doing this or all it'll do is close interaction paths with them?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: jGLWFFx.png (1920x1080, 578K)

How much INT, exactly?

>Sledgehammer and psychokinesis.
just fell asleep and puked. went with grenades only.

You kill him or he kills you. Language barrier is a bitch.

>Bantering based hammer wizard
Unbased

It could be worse.

Attached: morelikedeadstalkers.png (491x230, 205K)

just one deathstalker? come back when 6 of them come out of the room you just opened

do intimidate and the spear duel do the same thing?

but what about the whole graveyard thing and the damn dude that dies but comes back as incorporeal bullshit

Flashbang, pick them one by one
Move and kite them away

What's the weapon and how do you get it?

>tfw sitting on 45% psi cost

Attached: 1541891483827.jpg (186x171, 9K)

For the Flottsormir option? No idea, but 8 is enough.

are you kidding me? the expedition just takes the acorn and fucks off??

Whoops, meant for >472802446

what is the difference between shield types? For example,. if I'm in a tact vest, what kind of shield would benefit me?

Oh my god
Force Emission is great
This gonna be a hell of a drug

why dont you just use the wiki, user

You don't have to give it to them, you know.

Then I guess 7 is not. Well, you can get 83 intimdation from gear and food alone anyways.

Attached: thisscaresYngwar.png (197x353, 58K)

What was your arena name? Weatherman reporting in

Attached: headless-weatherman.gif (480x270, 1.55M)

That's what they're there for, that's what they paid you for.

Yeah no, fuck that, I'm just going to keep it for myself.

What do you mean?
They will make him calm down, so you can at least try talking with him. Whether you'll manage to understand each other is a different question.

There's another way to learn what you'd learn from him for the graveyard.

>this decryption puzzle in the nexus
lads, what the FUCK am I looking at. I know music, but this shit makes no sense.

Just follow the instructions, man.

>you need persuade stat to make alterations and meaningful choices in the story
is this game retarded?

Well I don't know music and it makes perfect sense.

Attached: solvedpuzzle.png (1240x711, 76K)

well, I had planned to put 7 points in intimidate, but im a melee fag so I dont need to

>fighting a bunch of lurkers
>turn on psi ability that makes me imunne to fire
>throw molotov danger close
>last bandit stuns me before dying of fire
>immunity to fire ends while I'm still stunned in the middle of a raging inferno

Attached: asdf124123asdfsdfdf.jpg (640x720, 90K)

Just Cheat Engine Persuasion to max or something.

I am liking the double barreled shotgun my dudes.
The reduced ap cost to reload from the shell belt and temporal contraction + adrenaline makes for some good murder.

Attached: Shotgun_DMC3.gif (600x434, 56K)

>you need persuasion to persuade
>skill gives you access to exclusive outcomes, which makes it actually worth taking
Tell me what is your idea of good persuasion, I need that laugh.

Does having a riot armor with a 1h spear perk and a spear equipped actually change the walking and idle spear animations?

duh? obviously

>shell belt

That's a fucking thing? I've completed the DLC pretty much and havent found one of those things.

you probably just didnt notice
I saw probably a dozen

So what exactly am I looking for at the nexus? I learned about the acorn and that didn't do anything, do I need to get into that tech vault?

if your notes have an entry about the acorn, I think youre done

>shat on GMS as psi monk before even taking the pill
Heh, nuthin personel jack

is my ssd broken or this game doesnt seem to benefit from ssd that much
also why the fuck this game has so many fucking load screens anyway

Attached: 1389368015996.jpg (278x278, 36K)

>hopper graveyard
Wait
Dude wasnt bullshitting me about the hopper graveyard?

Lead storm

paralyzer

Dude is always saying the truth, man. Just in his own way.

in retrospect, I would not spec into TM as psychosis. The extra AP is good, but the buff costs 80 and I like wearing a fat MT reduction hat vs an all reduction.

At the end of the game and I really didn't use TM at all. Tranq can make FAR better use of it.

>So what exactly am I looking for at the nexus?
A microchip encoder. If you have it you are done.

Dude does not lie and always tell the truth.

>dude bullshitting
Man... man! Have you not learned anything?

turn off the autosave on transition that speeds up things a lot

>27.4 energy usage per shot
did I go too far with critical plasma faggotry

Where can I find this? I need some fancy tabi boots.

>dude
>bullshitting

have you learnt nothing?

>Taser can only be crafted, it isn't dropped by anything
>40 hours into a run, never made one, decide to try it since I looted a bunch of electroshock generators
>10 AP FOR A FUCKING ENEMY STUN
WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN USING THIS ON ALL MY GUN BUILDS

hopper is for armor

Do I get reduced sprint with that armor?

you get sprint every round

lol

It's perfect for execute.

you didn't, how's your energy capacity?

3 shots. feels like overkill for now, I guess I need to pair it with a more practical gun

get a high efficiency module. My plasma pistol only takes 10 energy per shot

Been seeing a lot of threads, what's this game about?

I bought this game on release but barely played it. Picked up the Expeditions DLC because I wanted to give it another go, but I have no clue how to build a character, and I hear this game has a roadblock that tests if your build is up to snuff. Any tips for building a character? I remember their being an old image that was posted here often but I don't know where to get that.

Attached: 1564516632833.jpg (960x960, 55K)

I need to do 4 digit damage though

What the actual FUCK is this fucking shit, what the fuck is The Dude?

Attached: 20190804022854_1.jpg (1360x768, 197K)

What do you want to play? You basically lock yourself into one weapon of choice+thrown, or 3 psi skills of choice, and thats your source of damage. From there, safe bets are Hack, Lockpick, and Persuasion. Those always get maxed every level until Lock/Hack/Persuade hit around 85 effective skill (the number in parenthesis). Then you want Craft skills, and which ones depend on what your build is. But you'll need some of each, though stuff like Chemical and Bio usually don't need to be as high as the others (barely any at all in Chem, just enough to make your own molotovs eventually unless going specifically for a chem pistols build).

>hack that gives you max weight capacity also gives you godmode that you cant turn off
lame

Should I bother trying to hotwire one of these jet skis at The Rig?

my mind was blown when I realize he actually spoiled the foundry quest in one of his random chats

Nope, everyone will attack you later. I guess it's obvious the dude on the new jet ski that is the same kind as the stolen one from the other day is too obvious

Are crossbow builds completely fucked against armored enemies? I've never played one.

He's dude, didn't you listen?

fearlessrevolution com/viewtopic.php?t=2209

he literally spoils the whole game to you

Oh, and as you level: Always max your damage skill(s). Those always get maxed. No exception.

nothing about armour fucks over crossbows, so I don't think so

I have beaten the game, but I don't remember which of his conversations spoils the end game. Does he talk about tchort or something?

>Persuasion

Attached: 1536707567550.gif (580x433, 1.96M)

Protectorate are scum

Attached: 2014-12-31_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 725K)

re-read the first conversation you have with him

>not wanting the best possible results for several quests
Fucking casual.

If i kill faceless man in rail crossing they wont get angry right?

it sort of sucks, but you can shoot special bolts at them to bypass their armor's resistance.
some crafting is a necessity if you want to play a crossbow build, you'll want to make your own special bolts because they aren't really sold in abundance

they will

>there a fucking rift at the merchants in CC as well as one at the entrance
fucking mad that I am so retarded

I see

the faceless have a threshold of friendship that changes with difficulty
they will tolerate like 3 or 4 kills on normal

you can kill 3 faceless without losing points on hard
I think 5 on normal
killing the mindreader will lose you a point no matter what though, but it won't make them outright angry, just uncooperative if you don't help out the other faceless you can meet

I wanted to run a tactical SMG build. I actually found that Underrail image I was talking about in my folders while trying to make this.

I know you need 4 strength for medium armor, but I'm not sure what are the bonuses for running light vs. medium armor, so I might drop strength to 3 to throw into something else (not sure yet). Skills and feats, I was thinking of running expertise and trigger happy.

Attached: statspread.png (449x216, 7K)

>>there a fucking rift at the merchants
where? I didn't see it

if you solve the other faceless encounters pacefully they won't get angry, but if you do kill him they won't be friendly either

but it saw YOU...

>>there a fucking rift at the merchants in CC as well as one at the entrance
>fucking mad that I am so retarded

what do you mean?

Can someone tell me what do I have to do for the Ferryman to tell me about interesting stuff regarding the fucking natives

I can't play this game anymore due to my ironman / no death playthrough autism and the 95% accuracy cap, as much as I like the game starting all over again more than literal dozens of times gets boring

Heavier armor reduces movement points, you're going to need movement points to run up to people to burst and then run away.

Some perks for thought:
Commando - kill with a burst, get a free burst.
Spec Ops - reduces AP to burst with SMG and cool down on flashies.
Grenadier - high dex, high throwing skill. Make use of it.
Sprint - always good to have.

Attached: think.png (374x215, 89K)

go in that ladder north of the doctor and drink a Juice next to that bum

then go to the train on the ground level and go inside that shack/hut southwest of the train

>comfy slow thread
based

Really makes you think

no
especially when you get deadly snares

Here is what I drafted up, I think this looks alright. Any suggestions or am I good to go?

Attached: draft.png (963x943, 79K)

>randomly stumbled across a native village on Black Sea
>it just goes on and on forever and i've already genocided at least a fucking 100 of them
Am i going to break some story related trigger by colonizing them all?

Attached: 1537684090062.png (983x537, 741K)

>ironman / no death playthrough
Sure would be nice if this meme would die off already. It's the epitome of cringe.

blessed fanboy actually recognizes you as the invictus unlike 99% of the fucking underrail, inbred zoners actually saw you through fucking tv and they still can't recognize you

take suppressive fire later

no

Looks good so far, you won't need too much points in throwing and lockpicking if you go full dex. Mech and elec lets you fix things outside of combat, tailoring doesn't. Chem and bio gives small dialogue options that don't change much. You won't be crafting until mid or late game so you could put point into hack, trap, or pickpocketing at first.

Can I join the pirates as a ruse to get the professor back? Or does that completely fuck me out of the Aegis?

You can do a ruse yeah

>There are two things a pirate's gotta have...
>"Two eyes?"
>They fucking shoot you on sight

Attached: 1422054636878.gif (357x469, 467K)

>mfw it's an uncontrolled zone

Attached: 1534715426171.png (489x376, 260K)

If I'm not taking that, how about Aimed Shot vs. Strafe?

Got it. I'll try hacking.

strafe does nothing for smgs
aimed shot isnt too good for them either

>pit bulls don't randomly attack their owners as much as they attack the enemy
WTF Styg, this is ruining my immersion.

>he bought into the agressive pit bulls meme
I bet you evict your tenants just because they have one.

I've seen them walk around in pink coats, man. They're really cute ugly little things, like babies.

>Implying the pirates aren't excellent owners who train their pups to be loyal companions

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Focus

No penalties to SMG when moving and shooting. Aimed Shot, SMG don't do a whole lot of damage on one bullet. Bursting is where the main damage will come from. Maybe Hit and Run if you get one more agility.

t. future mauling victim

How do you kill death stalkers reliably? There is this room off to the side of some railroad tracks with like 8 of the fuckers and i just cant kill them fast enough.

The same could be said of all dog owners.

Do I need to bother with many of these tchort institute quests? Starting to lose interest here.

I don't have to. They are banned and thank god for that.

They give you some fat xp. You need to do three I think to meet the leader. Or you can just shoot your way to the leader.

I wish laverne was my mistress

I can't do it without abusing bear traps and throwing weapons. once they get past my wall of shit it's just over

just missed 5 84% shots in a row on a lunatic psychopath
I will be biolocated in 2 turns
thanks styg

Sprint or interloper for sniper? I can only pick one.

>best low freq shield I can buy is like 350
>make one for 1600 with high efficiency
NPC merchants, are you even TRYING?

well fuck

Attached: 20190803182253_1.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

is rail crossing a correct place to go after depot a? im getting dabbed on hard there

Sprint I guess. Interloper seems more like a convenience thing. Then again it depends on your play style.

>convenience
Sure, if by convenience you mean actually being able to stealth tough spots.

Sprint, once you shot, you will have everyone on your ass, might as well run fast to not fucking die

Fucking northerners, am I right? He scrutinizes you for having a pussy then the pussy he has on camp bites it like a bitch. Just like a soft ass northy.

Go to the camp, do stuff there, then Rail, then Core.

its what I do

What tough spots would that be?

Emporion Shopping Mall for one. Port Ceto has some difficult parts as well.

>Kill a random stalker
>Damaged tact vest
>Repair it
>13000 value
Well then, guess that solves my money issues for a while

>rathound barbecue
>hopper steak
>burrower burger
>fried siphoner tongue
why no crawler food Styg?

Not everything in the world is edible.

nobody goes after crawlers

Enjoy the batteries, grenades and 300 coins

Because crawler food would kill you

>Trader only had 15 SGS credit
Bought all the EMP nades, HE nades and most all components I needed
It's something at least

>Dude does not lie and always tell the truth.
does that mean that crawlers and death stalkers are literally made of shadows?

Their scales absorb light or something, creating shadow.

Yes.

Black Crawler sashimi is a true delicacy, but the price is exorbitant and 9 times out of 10 you won't survive the meal. It's not unusual for members of the elite to commit suicide this way.

Doesnt mean their visions are not up to different interpretation

Why are Energy pistols so based, lads?

Was it Tyrant shotguns that could shoot 4 shells per burst? If so I might invest in full auto. I found a very high quality tyrant frame that I can't build yet.