Why did arcades die?

why did arcades die?

Attached: CUTErobotgamer.png (1920x1080, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ScNUfnbyII
zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcade.php?id=4930#games
amazon.com/gp/product/B000J47Z4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
round1usa.com/location/
youtube.com/watch?v=X_9CRJL-_dY
youtube.com/watch?v=RNeeB0dTEWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

home consoles became mainstream
it felt bad to keep paying quarters to play when you could just pay one time for a console and then play forever

Because who wants to spend money every single time they want to play their games? And that's not including travel time to get to the arcade. It's not like in Japan where you're expected to be quiet at home. There's no reason in America to go.

but games types like fighting games and beat em ups don't really work on home consoles without a friend or at least a person to play with, home consoles lower the chances of having that.

Attached: D78biDfUYAEA-6t.jpg (1199x800, 172K)

If I'm building a Gunpla for the first time, do I need sanding stuff, or is that not necessary?

Almost everyone says you don't need a full modelers kit, but it seems half and half on people saying "You just need wirecutters" and "You just need wirecutters and sander"? I know the sander is for the nubs left by the plastic that holds it together.

Yes, I've checked /m/'s guide. It says the latter but the point is I've heard people say sander isn't necessary.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mobile Suit Gundam - Iron-Blooded Orphans - 14 [720p].mkv_snapshot_04.37_[2016.01.10_ (1280x720, 63K)

This should be the norm honestly. Fuck social media, everyone should just don robot avatars and everything would improve tenfold.

For the exact opposite reason they survived in japan
People have big houses in the West, so they can get a home console and call in their friends when they want to play games with them
And when stuff went online it only made it worse since now every one wanted to stay in their house holed up and play online
No one wanted to get out and hang out on an arcade for 2 to 5 bucks a play

Meanwhile in japan
Houses are tiny and that made getting people over to play Vidya a hassle
When stuff went online, most people still prefered to walk down to their local arcade to socialize and play since the majority did not own a home console or powerful enough pc to play online with friends
Because Japan still uses high value coins arcades still work too, 100 to 500 yen plays feel more ok because you didn't had to feed a Fucking bill to the machine to play a game

they games were shit and designed to jew you out of every sheckle

>play a fighting game against a friend at an Arcade
>DUDE THIS GAME IS RIGGED AND DESIGNED TO STEAL MY COINS!!!!!!!!

Attached: D_U8IqWU0AAM7Vd.jpg (1200x800, 177K)

who is this cum machine

Those are niche genres and are not enough to carry arcades on their own. The few people that would support these games in an arcade are willing to put the extra effort and money into making those games more playable at home.

because black people kept breaking the machines

Predatory arcade games and parents not willing to spend 20 bucks of quarters every week when they could buy a 50-60 dollar game one time and be done with it.

Why can't Kigurumi look more like this?

too expensive for their worth, and therefore arcades had to downsize. When the arcades downsized, though, it ended up not drawing enough people in.

Market isn't able to sustain it right now apart from the chain arcades that also tap into other niches (like dave & busters or chuck e cheese) in order to increase appeal and profit.

If the economies of the west stop their incessant inflation (among other things) they'll come right back and be met with new zeal. And, of course, be more affordable, too.

Population density isn't enough for most of the US to sustain an arcade. Same reason malls died there too I think.

>fighting games
yeah because fighting games don't have online, right?

most fighting games have trash online

>ywn relive the golden age of arcades when no smoking or drinking laws were applied and all the faggot degenerates who didn't even play arcade games had to fag it up behind the grocery store instead of giving you a fuckin contact high as you try to play some fuckin dragons lair

she isn't for lewd user, so please stop

Attached: D9t8QtDU8AAa2Vo.jpg (1199x800, 105K)

Not for the first time you build, but you should learn it sooner rather than later.
God knows why you posted it here in a shitty bait thread instead of /m/ or something lmao

So I can get started with literally just some cutters?

I'd say so but then again I've not built any gunpla and just lurk in plamo threads reading the guide over and over

To many rapes

Attached: 1476705770544.jpg (665x1000, 156K)

There's one in the UK I feel does this shit right.
>2 floors one for retro one for modern
>Either pay £12 for one floor or £16 for both
>EVERYTHING was free to play

God I wish that were me.

>Flat Makoto

Cosplay JAVs were a mistake.

She's not a JAV actor she just does gravure, as in she hasn't showed her coochie

Attached: ushijimaiiniku-Makoto-001.jpg (850x1277, 795K)

Pay at the door arcades are gaining popularity in the states these days. It SEEMS to be a more effective model than traditional arcades.

Uh yo so like is Tsukasa a man or a girl

>expensive cabinets
>thus making playing more expensive as time goes on
>only a few new cabinets, rest is old shit
>people would rather stay home playing vidya than driving/walking wathever to the arcade
>there's no arcade community
>if the cabinet is not a fighting game then it will just suck up your money

Attached: confirmed!.png (1910x1027, 1.24M)

i can't read moonrunes

To quote an old, ancient, but still true guidance:
>TITS OF GTFO

>as in she hasn't showed her coochie
Well what taking her so long?

Attached: 1446598568719.jpg (302x202, 60K)

We had this sick barcade in my town with tons of bootleg cabinets, donkey kong 1 and Jr, Pacman, a Tekken 3 cab, one of those bootleg neogeo 1000 in 1 game cabs and a whole bunch of other shit, then apparently some gay faggot need came in and threatened the owners with "do you know what will happen if I report you to all these companies" so now they have skeeball out the fuckin ass, some shitty injustice mobile game on a big screen, cruisn world with busted controls, and some shitty fast and the furious bike game. Oh and pinball.

She's too pure for that

Attached: 1511380896527.jpg (1333x2000, 1.29M)

>Street Fighter II
>Sega
Uh....

>He doesn't know the symbol for female from years of exposure to the SMT logo

It's says "the pleasure of being cum inside" so i guess she's a girl

the question is asking if she's a man(男性) or a woman(女性) and she says "I'M A WOMAN!!" you can even listen to her voice in the video in case you had any doubts
youtube.com/watch?v=6ScNUfnbyII

Attached: D6lvbsqUIAA3XSs.jpg (1200x801, 120K)

Man, right-oriented order aligned people are the absolute worst

>granny slut
>pure
You can't even begin to imagine how many dicks she had inside.

SEGA made the machine but Capcom made the game, SEGA produces a lot of arcade hardware.

Hope that faggot broke his neck.

>le quirky cosplay meme
Fuck off.

I like it
Why doesn't the west have earnest nerd shit like this anymore? It's all ironic pessimism over here and it sucks ass.

This. Netcode for every fighter is really trash, which is really ironic given fighters are the most timing intense games around.

Everything is a meme. Air is a meme.

!!!!!!

Attached: Tsukasa _wave.webm (404x720, 1.15M)

She's pretty fresh for a granny

>le Fuck off meme
Get bent

Attached: 1505041399034.jpg (666x1000, 166K)

video game consoles killed the arcade star

she's taken

Attached: D8hmOfZUcAAdbKj.jpg (1199x800, 154K)

I think arcades can make a comeback with VR and body tracking/movement tracking

Id go to an arcade to play fully immersive rounds of Team Fortress 2, or Apex Legends

tits too big

Playing a fighto-ing game.

Attached: Tsukasa_video_games.webm (1280x720, 2.13M)

Leaned something new today, thanks user.

me on the left

Oh shit is that Cotton next to it?

I mean, if you've played a Yakuza game, you've probably even seen the exact model that this image has

Attached: yakuza sega arcades.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

and?

Attached: Tsukasa_kick.webm (1280x720, 1.17M)

HEAVY COMBOS

You need side cutters and a sharp hobby knife.

Cut away from the part with the side cutter, then trim the nub down. Finish it off with a hobby knife. Usually just scratching it down with a finger nail after that will get it flush and seamless to the part.

humanity is doomed, robots are becoming too powerful

Cabinets are big and expensive. So is leasing high-traffic space for them. As consoles got better, fewer people went out to play games. The cost:revenue ratio dwindled, and arcades couldn't stay afloat. The only ones that survived shifted to targeting children and filled 90% of floor space with shitty ticket games, but even most of those are gone now. Most of the arcades in operation today are attached to restaurants or bars which don't give a shit about games beyond the gimmick, because they make all their profit on food and drink.

I go to this one mexican food place near my college campus and they have a (bootleg?) SNK Cabinet with a shit ton of SNK games, mostly just different versions of King of Fighters, but it also had Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2 and some Metal Slug games. Sometimes people play them.

Do none of you guys live near a Round1? I go to the arcade about once a week, it fucking rules. They even have bowling and pool if I decide to go with a group

Damn that fucking sucks. The one near my place has hacked SNES minis and mame cabinets set up on free play and the unspoken rule is 'keep your fucking mouth shut and actually enjoy a good thing for once in your life'

there aren't as many of those as you think there are.

>Carries a giant key in her backpack

What did she mean by this?

it's how she gets into her house.

It's the key to her kokoro

because western nerd shit = contemplating your fucking genitals

>All arcades that I used to play had difficult on 8.

Yes they are rigged. Last thing i want to deal is some ai that grabs you on split second you wiff something.

Attached: 1560313688932.jpg (385x299, 12K)

*hits pipe*

I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than being a robot engineer. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are designing, programming, building and preparing a robot for at least a few years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little robot - wiring her circuits, making her go through tests, making sure she had the proper specifications, programming her, drafting her. All of it has one simple result: her design is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole.

Built the perfect robot? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she was built, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight metallic pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her functions that came from the way you programmed her.

As a man who has built a robot, you are LITERALLY dedicating years of your life simply to build a robot for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically

Attached: 1563524531059.jpg (1200x800, 109K)

>playing with a friend
>worrying about AI difficulty

damn it pipe poster

Costs for the consumer and the owner involved in buying machines and maintaining them.
Combine that with becoming drug dens and nigs breaking machines.

He's clearly friends with an AI, duh

Attached: 1508429203611.jpg (741x753, 196K)

Play beat em ups or shmups on max difficulty.

I hope you have deep pockets or machine is on freeplay. Isn't issues on fighting games since there is ton of ways to cheese AI.

>not building robots for personal use
nigga pls

I killed them.

No I killed them and I'm sorry

/ApologyGamer69

This cunt is fucking retarded if you read her twitter.

but Kizuna Ai sucks at video games.

If you still want the arcade experience you can always just skulk around dark alleyways until someone mugs you.

I'm not looking at her for intelligent conversation

Attached: Iiniku.jpg (768x1024, 376K)

I've always wanted to get one of those standardized Jap cabinets, but I don't know how to get one.

Holy shit man's smoking a Moroccan sebsi pipe, he's hitting that hash in public in Japan, crazy
Obviously he isn't, right?

Just look for candy cabs

Retarded how so

PRetty much pointless in an era where both hardware and software are extremely cheap for the average consumer. Late 80's / early 90's to get "Arcade quality" (in term of graphics, processing power etc.) at home you need to spend several thousands if not more. Games themselves (software) were also extremely expensive even if you had a machine home. So paying quarters to play wasn't too bad, see it like enjoying a ride in a fair, you cannot just buy the ride so paying couple dollars even if it's 2 minutes of fun is all right.

But today? Arcade hardware is actually poorfag PCs that can be purchased for $100 top on eBay. All recent games are running natively on shitty machines with GTX650 or inferior GPUs and underclocked i3/i5 CPUs. With Piracy even Arcade games are accessible straight to your home. Wangan Midnight, pretty much anything BEMANI (IIDX, Pop n Music, Jubeat, SDVX, DDR, GF/DM etc.), Outrun, CAVE shmup etc. are all readily available online. And next to that you have just normal games that are straight superior to their arcade counterpart (i.e. Mario Kart AC is a huge pile of garbage when compared to the normal MK console release). There are just no incentive for arcade anymore outside games requiring very special kind of hardware.

Stop avatarfagging in my (no, not this one, the other ones) Yea Forums threads you stupid chink

And it was a Tsukasa thread I couldn't find in the archives due to the site being fucked, so I linked it here so I can find more images of her

no one is avatarfagging jizzbrain

>>no, not this one!
Learn to read, chink

The 2nd is better at them.

Why bring up avatarfagging in a thread you didn't mean to bring it up in you silly donut

no one can stop the chadbot from doing whatever he pleases

Attached: D0VjjOxVsAA_Mvi.jpg (851x566, 107K)

>They wear the masks to hide their redeye
Holy fuck it makes so much sense
These are just Jap stoner crews

If you go to Japan it's like 70% rhythm games

>hide their redeye
but the guy on the left has red eyes?

That's because he has tongue-in-cheek humour like any good weedbro
IT MAKES SENSE

They didn't. They got better.

Attached: IMG_20190512_192645.jpg (4160x3120, 1010K)

I did plenty of snapfit builds with just wirecutters and an exacto knife. Good cutters will make less work with the knife. Also don't bother with sanding unless you intend to paint, all you're gonna do is make a large scuffmark

>No Time Crisis anywhere
Yep arcades are dead.

That's one corner of one floor. They have 3 TC machines.

IIRC they have Point Blank on the second floor there.

Point Blank was the fucking shit man I loved that game
I wish modern consoles had lightgun games on them, but I know they rely on CRT TVs or monitors to really work properly

Hey there goes Swimsuitsuccubus again

Why is swimsuitsuccubus pretending to be a robot?

swimsuitsuccubus is secretly under the mask and robot costume

depends on the technology but yeah most of the time that's how it is
one of my big disappointments with the wii was that it didn't get more ports of classic lightgun games, at least we got house of the dead though

>all one minute apart
stop shilling your thot in our robutt threads

Attached: 1445808711394.jpg (250x290, 28K)

It was iiniku this whole time and not swimsuitsuccubus???

They just got MaiMai and Dance Rush Stardom there too. Dude who manages the rhythm games is based.

Yes you need to sand. Dont be a faggot who has nubs all over his gunpla. Pic related.

Attached: DT9urIj.png (800x688, 596K)

Arcades emphasized a very narrow kind of game design to milk quarters and then after games moved past that, people realized that lives and continues were just there to milk dollars from the player and removed them because they're largely superfluous or are artificial difficulty

all these japanese rhythm games are crazy to me, I don't know where to start. but hell at least most of them have some accessible 2hu stuff to dig my teeth into.
I really just want to play the racing games though, is that idas card reader going to be fixed or what? and where do I get a card for WMMT too?

Couldn't they have just got rid of those with a knife though?

Also jesus christ my hands hurt looking at that

Try on Jubeat or Groove Coaster, those have rather simple controls for rhythm games and are loaded with 2hu songs, Groove Coaster especially.

The menus for GC are easy to understand since they're in English, but the Jubeat ones are pesky and you have to play the damn tutorial every time without eAmuse.

I could ask the guy who manages them about the card readers if you'd like?

Also Miku is there too now.

Attached: IMG_20190720_191154.jpg (3120x4160, 1.22M)

Fighting games are probably the hardest genre to write net code for.

>Nebraska has a Round1
>Oklahoma is getting a Round1
>but not Kansas
Maybe someone, somewhere in this shitty state will open up a place with all the latest Japanese cabs but I know that's never gonna happen

Attached: b51118e7b56e806a4c48cb298f357fe93bcc32a3.jpg (728x1000, 183K)

Just curious, where is that ?

Because its expensive and the controls are covered in grease and nigger children will pester you for money while you play.

Meanwhile in japan most arcades are near stations or in shopping arcades where most people are walking through so its easy and relaxing to pop in and play. In the US everyone just fucking drives everywhere and going to an arcade just becomes another fucking stop people dont want to make.

Arcade Club in Bury, UK

Nice, thanks for the info !

I'm gonna visit thanks

nah, I'm out of the county for a year so I won't be able to visit again soon unfortunately.
I can read katakana so I can usually stumble my way through menus, but I'm really not familiar with japanese arcades otherwise. Needing all these cards to get things working right is a bit alien to me.

arcade club, bury, uk

>tfw you recognize the location by just seeing a tiny bit of it
Tokusatsu has fucking ruined me.

Attached: 1433189110197.png (388x577, 249K)

I want to _be_ the robot waifu!

Hey I went there in June. Went in not too sure how I'd feel about it but I ended up having a blast.
Wish I loved closer to one so I could go often but it's way too far.

Like I'm not too big on rhythm games but man having these crazy controls where great.

They opened one up in Leeds too. I like that that particular floor is no kids allowed and even then they're only allowed in on the weekends.

>fighting games are niche
How high r u?
Because western ones didn't adapt. They weren't family oriented enough, try a Round 1, as long as it isn't brand new, they're pretty tits. Plenty of FIGHTAN or DANCEAN or SHOOTAN even plenty of WEEBAN with all the games I can't read.

pretty sure, for most girls, the area around her vagina would be darker. that photo was clearly shopped.

How did they got maimai outside Asia? Is it only GreeN (since that one has been hacked)? Also tfw in the UK but way too far from Bury.

>hey opened one up in Leeds too
I have an old mate in Leeds I might visit as a pretence to play in this arcade haha

I mean, to be fair, her boyfriend is a tokubro, so it's understandable she'd be at a place that would be recognizable for toku fans

Attached: D8gsVd6UIAA-6VP.jpg (1199x800, 128K)

It's running a rigged local network. The BEMANI games are part of the ProjectFlower network since Konami doesn't allow eAmuse in the EU (yet).

Yeah it's great. They're going to absolutely fucking wreck the Dance Rush machine on those open weekends though.

The Leeds one was pretty much just opened to fit all the machines in that wouldn't fit through the door at Bury

So what machines are they going to have in Leeds?

Which location is that? Is it this one?

Attached: Cc0ikTcUUAAxch4.jpg (1024x768, 126K)

Here's a list of the rhythm games there:
zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcade.php?id=4930#games
They have lots of classic arcade cabs too.

For BEMANI it's not an issue I know for sure since I have pretty much everything home already with arcade-like controllers. Also London has Jubeat/IIDX/Pop n' music. But AFAIK maimai above GreeN never had its network security bypassed. Do they have MiLK or more recent in Bury?

I travelled 3 hours to get here and the audio jack was broken on 60% of the rhythm games which makes them virtually impossible to play

Also on the same floor they have a bar, fighting game section, some projector playing Nintendo games or whatever and a section full of gaming PCs so filled up with jocks in Hawaiian shirts after 12pm when I went

Attached: 20190706_113444_cleaned - Copy.jpg (1580x1516, 806K)

You need sprue cutters, not wire cutters. There is a big difference. You also need an x-acto knife and a 400+ grit sanding stick.

This is the absolute best sprue cutter you can get for cheap right here:
amazon.com/gp/product/B000J47Z4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached: gunpla.jpg (5312x2988, 2.14M)

I'm not sure, but the admin for the arcade is in the ProjectFlower discord if you want to ask him directly.

>Couldn't they have just got rid of those with a knife though?
No, it will make a mark if you try to cut it like that.

There's the VR section in the back too.

I go to an arcade in Little Rock, Arkansas that has a cover charge at the door and all games inside are free to play. The guy even has a cabinet full of old game carts and a wall of CRTs for NES, SNES, Genesis etc. plus some pinball, air hockey and foosball.

any arcades I should know about in london?

You have two decent: VEGA London and Las Vegas (Soho). Everything else is irrelevant in London.

Las Vegas in Soho
VEGA near Angel
Heart of Gaming

Also the Namco arcade next to the London Eye has DDR A, but that's literally the only thing good there

where do I get a robot girl mask like that
asking for a friend

Upstairs is the retro section with rows upon rows upon rows of old game. They had loads of fucking shit from Xevious to Track and Field to Point Blank to Simpsons

The only problem is that is the 18+ floor so the retro floor is full of fucking kids, and it's next to a canteen so it stinks of food

Attached: 20190706_130715_cleaned - Copy.jpg (2012x1508, 811K)

IGNORE EVERY OTHER REPLY IN THIS THREAD. THIS IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER:

1. Gangs took over cities in the 90s, which meant arcades weren't safe anymore and kids couldn't go to them.

2. Utility costs and taxes skyrocketed in the 90s, which meant arcades weren't able to turn a profit anymore.

That's literally fucking IT.

NES was mainstream, you fucking literal retard. You're literally delusional.

Yeah, there really doesn't seem like a way to do it right.

I RECOGNISE THAT LAYOUT

I spent almost an entire day playing Awakening the Chaos on that Groove Coaster machine a few months ago.

>in b4 ">simple"

Attached: Dp9xjszWkAAZHIQ.jpg (900x1200, 152K)

>Las Vegas in Soho
They're mainly rhythm game focused like most Japanese arcades are these days. They only have random non-music games like Mario Kart, Wangan 3DX, Initial D Infinity, some random light gun games, couple more racing games, a Tekken cab. Otherwise they have an old version of Rhythm Heaven, Jubeat, Pop n Music, Groove Coaster, old Taiko, Sound Voltex, etc

>36% ad-lib
Come on kiddo, get that over 80%

Attached: 1564809389386.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

I struggle to enjoy Groove Coaster, the maps suck ass

>Simple
>S only

how do we stop them, they're smoking pipes, stealing our robo waifus, they're too powerful.

Attached: D0LcEJEU0AAs63u.jpg (802x1200, 121K)

ggpo exists and games like mkx and mk11 have really good netcode. It's just japs being lazy niggers.

They didn't. They're getting a huge fucking revival right now thanks to Round1's aggressive expansion, but nobody on Yea Forums knows that thanks to nobody on Yea Forums actually playing video games.
round1usa.com/location/

Try Night of Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=X_9CRJL-_dY

most of the thread is about arcades with only minor tsukasa posting.

It was early in the day and I'd only just found out the machine had my girls song, don't judge me.

I unfortunately haven't gone back since as I'm NEET now and will probably only go again if I get desperate for rhythm games or decide to take part in some FGC shit if it happens to be there. Once I get a job again I'll probably go at least monthly as I'm like a 30 minute bus ride away from the place and I'll be fucking that track up.

It's not my favourite game, but Awakening the Chaos is a great track and I'm the biggest Nu-fag on the planet so just seeing it there made me lose my shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=RNeeB0dTEWc

Attached: b8001292d8a4713b231d061fde7bc82e.jpg (1133x1200, 563K)

Most arcades are glorified Play Store's now. Seriously, i've been to 3 modern arcades and more than half of their games was angry birds or fruit ninja shit

Go to a Round1, retard. The only arcades that're what you described are ticketjew shit like Dave&Busters.

I went to a Round1 in Texas last weekend and shamelessly played every Nayutalien song they had back to back, followed by the Hibachi theme from Dodonpachi.
I fucking love Groove Coaster so much. how the fuck do you get the account cards though, i want to unlock navigators

Buy them from Japan

Only real way is to import them from Japan. For some games it's the only way to skip the fucking tutorial

>getting mad about this
haha you absolute nigger

Tappers in Indianapolis is pretty good, pay for something at the bar and all the arcade games are free play

Nigger plamo is cheap, why havent you built any?

It just became easier to game at home. I feel like less people were interested in things like high scores or running a setup at an arcade because they weren't broadcasting that to the whole world like you can do with online play and leaderboards. Arcade machines have always been expensive but they were probably just more profitable in an era where some games could only be played at the arcade where you'd end up pushing quarter after quarter on games with less safety nets for players.

a quarter in 1985 is worth a bit more than a quarter in 2019

The reason why arcades are worth going to is for games that have no home console equivalent. The problem is that most arcades these days focus too hard on ticket games to scam kids out of money instead of good shit that isn't playable on a home system.

Ticket games aren't worth playing except to little kids

social media and the wii

This thread has made me want to fuck a robot, Yea Forums.

Well just wait a decade or two, robot waifus will be a real thing.

She's not that kind of girl user.

Yes. Face blindness can be a sign of autism user

Attached: 1479400055162.jpg (2473x3715, 1.84M)

Who doesn't?

Attached: 1491228695552.jpg (1067x1600, 890K)

arr rook samu