Bathesda BTFO

JRPG>WRPG

Attached: sss.png (1122x199, 151K)

>mother's basement
A total drooling retard. Also Sky is by no means a masterpiece of world building. It was a solid story with a lot of retarded shit like Cassius being so retardedly OP and lots of cliches.

>mother basement

did that guy read about kirkbride?

>did that guy read
No.

>trails of cold steel
>picture is trails in the sky

>Trails of Cold Steel
>putting shame to anything
Haha...

>even the Witcher

BASED

Attached: 1500971953267.png (460x361, 209K)

Kirkbride just copy pasted hindu legend and then threw in Arthurian legend whenever he got bored of dealing with poos. It's lazy as shit and half the time doesn't even work because he just changed out names.

I haven't played them yet but I really doubt it could put The Witcher series and Elder Scrolls "to shame" considering the depth of their world and lore, maybe fallout but then again I haven't even played much fallout

Neither pic related nor Bethesda games are RPG's, retard.

>Kirkbride
>canon

Attached: 1540230341336.png (683x689, 1.15M)

go back to your dead CRPG

based

Go back to your visual novel with attack command

HOES MAD

let's be real the witcher is just cyka blyat smut with elves and dwarves and elder scrolls is something a fledgling dnd dm would come up with so they're not hard to be outdone
I don't know this trails of cold steel game but it could easily be a better story with some miniscule effort

>why is this (non) rpg better than these other (non) rpgs
WOW

>weebshit game
*yawn*

>redditshit post
*yawn*

>I don't know this trails of cold steel game but it could easily be a better story with some miniscule effort

HAHA

>jrpg
>worldbuilding
Holy cringe weebs are so retarded. Bethshit may be going complete overjew now but their 2000's Elder Scrolls games and worldbuilding blow the fuck out of any cringy japshit.

Attached: 1564853692884.jpg (600x868, 98K)

>no argument
go back and play your bootleg slav game of thrones

elves are made for orc cock

Attached: 1555355015132.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

He's right tho. The only roleplaying aspect in any JRPG is the turn-based combat borrowed from D&D, and even that is overly simplified. Japan can't into rpg, so they had to make their own vague interpretation of the genre.

No elves especially the dungmer are made for NORD cock while their cuck men are arrested for Skooma peddaling.

Attached: 1563560784621.jpg (811x727, 135K)

>mother's basement
>goblin slayer and shield hero are rape propaganda anime

Attached: duality.png (1192x1096, 359K)

Left: I read
Right : LMAO DIDNT READ

Based. Fuck japshit and the low iq weebs who think wrpg's didn't have substance and kino worldbuilding. Japshit can't even make a proper pantheon of god's like Elder Scrolls that isn't little girls.

Attached: pzaq9toaf8c01.jpg (997x3507, 425K)

left: a small snippet of dialog from a bigger scene
right: The entire writing from a note found on a dead body

Can you make your personal bias any more clear?

see

Why do all jrpg protagonists tend to look the same? Leaning a little closer to the sòy feminine side than an actual man.

Attached: 1536341056910m.jpg (640x625, 81K)

Exactly one week from now, I'm going to be at a convention panel this guy is hosting with his girlfriend. I know literally nothing about him. Give me a question to ask him.

Also I'm only going to the panel because I've blown my load to his girlfriend's bare moose knuckle cunt, so I figure I should at least shake her hand or something.

Oh look a samefag

Refute this

Attached: Pick waify.png (716x525, 202K)

>thai text
fuck you and go back to trannyland. STOP RUINING MY CRPG THREAD NIGGER. I KNOW YOU ALSO POST SATANIA

FUCKING FAGOOGTPGOAMRFPAOMFP}AKGV{
Kgv[wLGvg[aelg\sgrskgvmerogvekpfv

I know these pictures are always supposed to be bait, but this one is especially bad. The left side describes the circumstances around the character in their games, while the right side describes the personalities of the characters. Two entirely different things.

Attached: Terminal.png (587x517, 101K)

>comparing a masterpiece that is EYE to a badly written VN
Yikes

Reminder that Geoff thinks Harry Potter is isekai.

literal cringey pretentious verbal diarrhea

Attached: 1557513224923.png (554x496, 19K)

Something actually worth investing time into. Kiseki shit is bog standard in terms of worldbuilding.

Attached: pick.jpg (810x524, 259K)

>Mother's basement
I don't watch videos made by boot licker scum.

Attached: 1405297392024.jpg (661x1023, 96K)

Who's the blue uniformed girl? Is she as minor as the spectacle guy?

Trails in the Sky is shit. Actual shit. It doesn't even do worldbuilding well, since there are loads of other RPGs with better worldbuilding. Trails is boring schlock with uninteresting NPCs, uninteresting main characters, uninteresting dialogue, uninteresting combat, and an uninteresting world. I put 14 hours into that shit and it never EVER got better. 14 goddamned hours wasted. I don't give a damn if it gets good 15 hours in, any game that takes that long to become enjoyable is hot garbage.

Attached: E0PWp[1].png (441x115, 89K)

The only good jrpgs are the ones without any relationship or waifu trash.

>Mother's "anime invented serialized storytelling" Basement

So none then?

Attached: 001.png (720x514, 91K)

If it was anyone else I might have heard them out. but since Mother's Basement made it and he's objectively the biggest fucking faggot to ever live.
>Play Skyrim
>Thinks he understands Nirn or TES in general.

Attached: 1422226715796.jpg (485x480, 61K)

Funny, Chrono Trigger is actually the best game in that image.

And DQXI is second place

'
>western
>lefty meme tier wall of text
like pottery
no one even reads them because they're irrelevant [PLEASE FEEL MY EMOTIONS] fluff, like everything else that's shit

Attached: YIIK.png (768x1889, 1.64M)

Geoff walked back on his Goblin Slayer criticism after the dust settled. It was funny watching all the anime YouTubers lose their shit back when it first aired.

Attached: 1539523591004.jpg (900x900, 207K)

But Morrowind assrapes every JRPG at lore.

Trails of Cold Steel is more based than any other JRPG or WRPG out there because it has blessed us with the existence of the chaddest protagonist in all of human fiction, Rean "Lean Mean Meme Almighty God King Machine of Zemuria" Schwarzer.

Attached: 1538470932142.jpg (800x573, 482K)

Attached: vq.png (746x492, 167K)

Absolutely not. Xenoblade Chronicles X alone has more/better lore than the entire TES franchise.

Attached: 1480365600553.png (1280x792, 1.7M)

It's a bog standard SMT game in "depth" my dude. And it's so far behind in symbolism that it's not even funny.

>Xenocringe
>better lore than TES
YIKES

>Xenoblade Chronicles X alone has more/better lore than the entire TES franchise.
Nah

>472794237
Not even worth a (you) for such atrocious bait.

Attached: 1564525726893m.jpg (1024x576, 107K)

What does that mean?

Why do you lie so badly?

He did study Hindu however can you even name one instance where he copied it into Morrowind?

lol fucking delusional nintendo KUCK

>"Critics" hate it
>Was probably the most popular anime of the season.
There's a correlation there somewhere

Attached: 1438142980442.png (1280x720, 1007K)

>that time he thought people saw nocturne as the goat and compared it to Deus ex

Nords are gonna get blacked in TES6

How could let a thread shitting on western games be made, made on Yea Forums of all places?!?!

Attached: 1449081047980.png (675x827, 35K)

>kiseki
>kicking anyon's butt at world building

normal RPG
>hey this is town
>yeah let's go find NPC
>okay

kiseki
>oh hey, this is town
>yeah, this is where the war of who-gives-a-fuck happened in the year 2949531095
>there's a restaurant over there with a convoluted backstory
>and a statue of Literally Who the Great, founder of Middle of No Where in the year
>they're in an economic depression because blah blah blah
>blah blah blah
>blah blah blah
>blah blah blah
>blah blah blah
>30 minutes later
>"okay, let's find NPC"
>gets interrupted by 5 minute cutscenes of inane bullshit and NPCs doing mundane shit or guards being corrupt while traversing the town

Attached: 1523723273217.png (398x384, 143K)

GS was the most popular anime of the season. It constantly trended in the Crunchyroll top 5. It would trend at #1 for days after it aired.

>falcom
>35+ years of experience developing rpgs
>"indie studio"

Cherry picking.

>Mother's Basement
>Sky is better than other RPGs because every literally who NPC has a story

Attached: 1540527271602.gif (500x373, 1.94M)

>jrpg
gets the point across succinctly, respects the player's time
>wrpg
pretentious reddit-spaced paragraphs that ramble on forever while saying nothing of interest

Attached: 1556333218068.jpg (1024x683, 53K)

yeah, i can't believe all jrpg protagonists look exactly the same!

Attached: CecildsNB.png (1870x2690, 3.59M)

>persona
>respects the player's time

nice cherrypicking, but persona has plenty of edgy quotes too.

Attached: nyarlyquotes.png (964x1080, 1023K)

>jrpg
>gets the point across succinctly, respects the player's time

Attached: 12382813821.jpg (738x302, 106K)

Right sounds like something a virgin who reads exclusively young adult novels would write.

so... this was the true power of (((worldbuilding))) all along...
haha...

now add up all the time wrpgfags waste reading all those pretentious reddit-spaced essays in their "games."

Attached: 1547256283468.gif (498x461, 144K)

Weebs so fragile that these obvious joke images sends them into a fury fucking kek

>Gothic 2
>reading

I've never seen a WRPG where you can actually roleplay except if you want to be a purehearted saint or worse than Hitler with no other alternatives.

Attached: p0.png (892x600, 132K)

>How a Japanese Indie Studio Kicks Bethesda's Butt at World-Building
>spends the entire video talking about how NEW VEGAS pales in comparison to kiseki

Attached: 1564583123152.jpg (500x359, 30K)

>jrpg
>less than five years old
>wrpg
>2+decades old

checks out

I mean Vivec is a pretty blatant copy-paste of Ardhanarishvara

Worldbuilding and realism are two totally unrelated things.

>muh planescape

Attached: ffxv vs planescape.png (1938x654, 589K)

This seems better than the last examples. However Planescape is among the best rpg's of all time, even most WRPG's pale in comparison. Meanwhile P5 is just above average.

Well yeah. Morrowind’s mythos exists because Kirkbride got high reading Eliade’s History of Religious Ideas.

So what you're saying is, that jrpg haven't improved at all for 2 decades?

To be fair, kicking Bethesda's ass at anything nowadays isn't exactly a hard task, like pushing a geriatric down the stairs.

What the fuck do you mean by a copy-pasta? Visually? Yes he is heavily inspired.
Backstory wise? No, not at all.
Metaphysically? I guess aspects of androginy align somewhat, but the point of Vivec, his story and his metaphysical role is COMPLETELY different from Ardhanarishvara or any aspect of Shiva.

Change bosmer to “buttsmear”

What time do you leave in? Bethesda doesn’t make rpgs anymore, just shitty first person immersive sims

>image doesn't mention worldbuilding/speech (the topic of this thread)
>relies on vaguely dismissing the combat (even though anyone who's played the game can see this assessment is flimsy at best)

Hmmm.

user, are you retarded? What exactly is non-canon about Morrowind, Oblivion DLCs, and hundreds of ingame books?

>b-b-but it has reddit-tier dialogue, that means it's good!
cope. planescape is ffxv for westaboos.

>ignoring the writing
It's like saying that you don't understand why some songs are more praised than others when they all use the same notes.

>more/better
>more
How can it have more lore if TES has more lore than most of the LOTR lore not counting expanded stuff from history of Middle earth.
Like literally, TES has more written lore than most fantasy novels, obviously excluding giant settings like 40k that are super gigantic.

I love how all these captions use persona 5 as an example of jrpgs. Talk about low-hanging fruit. Then again it did bring out a lot of zoomers and nu-weebs/ironic weebs into jrpgs.

What is the best JRPG there is, the best of the best.

Yes, we should be aiming at the high-brow JRPGs that have interesting design, like... Oh wait. Do they exist?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is unironically the best JRPG ever made.
Name a game with better exploration and world building - you can't. Now add to that the best video game soundtrack ever composed, god-tier art direction, a compelling story and an exciting battle system that, even if it gets repetitive later on, always makes you feel amazing when you finish all combos.
XC2 is the peak of gaming. Nia is the cutest character ever created too.

>god-tier art direction

Attached: 1554400901432.jpg (2400x1920, 423K)

I'm not saying there are high-brow JRPGs. But there are HIGHER brow JRPGs.
Chrono Trigger. Tales Of Eternia. Memecturne.

Legend of Legaia

what's wrong?

not diverse enough?

I fucking hate njntendo shills.

you have to be trolling

Attached: 1532936957749.jpg (480x467, 39K)

persona 2 duology
strange journey
the saga series
the suikoden series
trails in the sky trilogy

It looks unbalanced and ugly, clearly bottom heavy. Exposed thighs create weird color imbalance and the way his feet enter/interact with the scuba iron pants is retarded. Additionally it is extremely overdesigned in general.
Probably one of the ugliest and most pointless looking character designs ever created.
XB1 had objectively superior character design, do not argue with me if you disagree, there is no point in arguing with bumbling retards.

Are you blind son

What does Bethesda have to do with RPGs?

you very well know that his design is almost universally hated, fuckboy

>kicks bethesda's butt at world building
as if that was a high bar to reach

>"Roleplay"
All I'm getting is WRPG elitists never actually played D&D. There's fixed lore and character campaign books everywhere.

It's a super made up lie that TRPGs are based on complete independent imagination.

Who said otherwise, bitch? We all know that there is sometimes fixed shit in non-vidya RPG's, it's just that Western games (traditional included) have more freedom and fun to mess around with. If you want complete freedom, stick to Dwarf Fortress.

yes and you haven't played shit if you are going to pretend that set campaigns don't often spiral out of control into something completely different and often times fun/unique because players can do everything...since you know, it's all in your head

>Yea, but a lot of cases they spin out of control
So you're easily impressed by the placebo effect of just removing a NPC or winning a stat check to end a mission early?
>Freedom
Okay, but nearly every case where people say "freedom", it's so lazy and irrelevant it's only there because they can afford it.
>Fun
Define "fun".

>Objectively superior character design
Show the armors.

>Judging works written in foreign languages exclusively by their translations, which as everyone with an ounce of cultural wisdom already knows amount to nothing more than fanfiction tier butchering of characters, rhyme, themes and more

Attached: 1519417560514.png (756x574, 86K)

>So you're easily impressed by the placebo effect of just removing a NPC or winning a stat check to end a mission early?
Oh God, you sound like a GM that railroads his campaigns exclusively. No, not to end mission early, it is possible to entirely change a scenario in tabletop games.

Based.

What the fuck is reddit's mascot? A monkey with a tumor antenna? What the fuck is this shit? This makes no sense.

Attached: 1520058072178.jpg (702x562, 61K)

It's not when it can even hold a candle to Xenogears, let alone other jrpg's.

That's a meme rumor

He locked himself with an entire bottle of Jack Daniels a pack of cigs for a week.

What are some JRPGs with good stories? No mute protagonists or waifu shit.

>mothers basement
Please leave the cuck alone the only thing he does well is his OP analysis but if you have 2 functioning eyes you can do the same

Attached: B43251A5-9BFB-47CE-9B02-85006D6FFA29.jpg (500x667, 115K)

That's not much of an achievement, bethesda is no longer a studio with impressive world building or anything for that matter

Imagine being a a weeb and unironically believing cringy jrpgs are better at worldbuilding than Elder Scrolls.

Attached: 1550467770370.jpg (720x510, 59K)

>no mute protagonist
I mean semi self insert ones like persona aren’t but TWEWY is prolly the best for a actual defined character protagonist it’s also the best game on the DS it’s a great action RPG and even if you don’t like the story the combat is fun enough to keep you entertained dual screen touch screen combat that’s 100% unique

Attached: D8B15D73-BD9C-4CD0-AFC8-FC83206179F4.gif (147x220, 998K)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GOOD ONE

Attached: mandark.gif (498x373, 475K)

yeah i don't think you can make a goos story with a mute/self insert protagonist

also high school settings are shit unless it's FF8

Western games suck

Attached: 1397794560034.jpg (792x825, 333K)

Most games suck japan only localizes mostly the good shit but the US side has been shit for the past few years last AAA game from the West I thought was great was titanfall 2

POP, POP, POP, DROP THIS TOP, TOP, TOP
I ROLL LIKE A ROCK, ROCK 'N' ROLL TO THE TOP
I DONT GIVE A MOTHERFUCK, WATCHIN' STAR WARS, SMOKIN' POT
I TAKE WHAT I GOT, I LIVE 'TIL IT STOPS
CHOP, CHOP, CHOP UP MY LUNGS, STAY ROT
I TAKE WHAT I GOT, YOU HATE THAT YOU NOT
LIKE ME, HATE ME, I DON'T GIVE A MOTHERFUCK
WHAT I AM, WHAT I'M NOT, POLO DOWN TO MY SOCKS

Attached: 5S2A4277 600.jpg (600x900, 26K)

>Mother's Basement
lol

any JRPGs where I can play as an old man?

This guy is insufferable

>yawning is contagious
*yawn*

How did Trails become the most shilled jrpg on this board, instead of...literally any other generic by the numbers jrpg?

Are you all just gamers in it for the incest?

>TWEWY
My absolute nigga

Attached: the TWEWY experience.png (744x594, 590K)

Bad translation aside, EYE is one of the worst games ever made anyway

Trails is absolutely fucking BORING tho. It's pretty much just a visual novel series trying to be an RPG. Cold Steel is even worse.

>mothers basement

I can barely put into words how embarrassed I would be to admit that I was watching that channel if I did... but this mongrel actually posts it unironically...
HOLY SHIT

what third world hellhole are you from, op
ladyboy land, i think

Loli Elves are made for raising and then getting to see them kind of grown up on your death bed

>right
>good writing

Attached: 1548151401049.jpg (868x994, 294K)

BAAAAAAAAESSSEEEED
westerncucks will SEETHE at this post

>the same image that always gets posted that resorts to old WRPGs
WRPGs are dead, sorry

>titanfall 2
now imagine how much longer it is for someone that doesn't have shit taste

deus ex is the best game on that list

Wrong.

the fuck does bethesda have to do with it? god youtubers are fucking cancer

>Using Kiseki to shitpost
>Mother's Basement
I fucking despise you. Get stung by a wasp, get a paper cut, die.

>respects the player's time
Never played FFX-2 I see. I love the game, but it aggressively waste the player time. Even more so if you're trying for 100%.

wrpg fags continue to regurgitate the same five games

>deus ex
>planescape
>system shock
>a star wars spinoff game
>diablo

there are literally no good wrpgs except these five and maybe fallout, it's really sad

>inb4 elder scrolls
tes has never been good

meanwhile if i started on a good jrpg list I could be going on and on and on until tommorow

the only anti-jrpg fags are the people that think every entertainment medium from japan involves big eyes and tentacle rape

Japs are pretty terrible at worldbuilding honestly when they even attept it at all, only Square-Enix does it well at times, despite how many people hating it the world building in FFXIII for example was really good if you bothered to read the data logs.