West

>West
>good gameplay, good graphics
>Japan
>good waifus, good soundtracks

Can we all settle with this?

Attached: 1562074746470.jpg (1280x646, 217K)

no

Good "gameplay".
"Good" graphics.
Ha!
Good one todd.

>>West
>>good gameplay

>Good gameplay
Please fucking stop.

>good soundtracks
civ 4 is the only game to ever win a grammy for its soundtrack

desu west>japan in every category, but don't tell weebs about it

Attached: megami-tensei-persona-11f-png-374x249.png (374x249, 79K)

>West
Good graphics, good at strategy games, RPGs, and shooters
>Japan
Good art styles, good at third person action games

Now it's settled.

Why do you always compare Japan with everything else?

>West
>good gameplay
Nah lol

There is no "these guys can do this and these this". Why do you retards always want to do this

I think dark souls had some good gameplay, along with some of the Mario games. Other than that all their games are so simplistic. I think it's the fact that japs are wage slaved to death with 12 hour shifts so they just wanna come home and turn their brain off.

Imagine putting "waifus" on the same level as "gameplay"

stupid gamer

>west
>good gameplay

what is this meme?

Attached: 1564431892650.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

Fixed

Attached: White Nessa.png (521x514, 107K)

the one where jap devs praise western ones for being the industry standard.

>West
>good gameplay
clown

Attached: 1460005307625.jpg (294x297, 29K)

This.

Hope you all fucking die retarded weebs god dammit I'm sick of this discussion

Attached: is this nigga serious.png (872x632, 262K)

>west
>Good gameplay, graphics

Pick one.

>gameplay
you say fps #398

West good graphics ruined by wokeness and "realism" subpar gameplay
Japan primitive graphics but good gameplay
both suck at storytelling only some games are a exception like Xenogears and Planescape Torment.

>the west
>good gameplay

Only an entertainable idea if you, for some reason, include parts of Slavland as "the west"

>Japan
>good waifus, good soundtracks, good gameplay, good graphics, literal everything
>West
>fucking ass too long cinematic cutscenes with QTEs and ugly chicks

Attached: ss_0673c4d625f74229a966a91647ad3ea648fca9be.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 588K)

>west
>good gameplay
here's your (You)

hu

No.

Yea Forums jokes that Western games aren't fun but Max Payne is still more fun than 99.9% of Japanese games to this date

>praising the photorealism meme
Fuck the gameplay bit you need to reconsider life

>West
>good technical side, good animations
>Japan
>good art, good gameplay

I tried playing Max Payne and it was a boring slog without any charm.

the west are the best at genres they pioneered, mostly pc centered ones

Shit bait dude

no waifus. 3/10

It's shallower than contra.

>west
>good gameplay
Name 5 games

>west
>good gameplay

Attached: DBF34E7C-6A92-4380-93CE-7674512D3885.jpg (1000x750, 67K)

>West
>good gameplay

Maybe before 2009 but now? Only thing they're good at is separating idiots from their money. West has that shit down to a science.

>an excellent 3D shooter is shallower than a good 2D shooter
lol, nope

>west
>good gameplay

that sounds about right

slant eye coutnries play gacha more than anyone else.

japan also has better gameplay and art direction, ie graphics. Basically the west can't do anything right.

Japanese devs + the Western quality controles makes the best games

Attached: Sekiro_24-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 256K)

?

>using "good waifus" as a criteria for what makes a good game

This is why jizzminds are a fucking joke. This would be the same as an SJW praising western games for "good diversity".

>west
>good gameplay
lol good one!

Western games look boring to me. I don't want realistic graphics at all.

Madden NFL
Call of Duty
Fortnite
World of Warcraft
Jackie Chan

Why are so many anons being offended by the idea that the Western games have good gameplay?

>Max payne
>3D

they don't play western games so they have no frame of reference. also gamer gaters.

because its not true

It's just factually incorrect.
It's like posting something like
>3DO
>Normal mapping, stencil shadows
>Atari jaguar
>Realtime raytrace graphics, anisotropic filtering

>Good gameplay
Ha.
>Good graphics
Well most of them are movies, they have to look good.

Weebs started this japan v everyone else argument long ago, now everyone else just goes with it

Attached: questioneverything.gif (498x498, 886K)

most WRPGs I've played are fundamentally broken from design, shooters are brainlet tier and other western-centric genres like ASSFAGGOTs shit all over the concept of game feel and the balance between mechanical execution and mental focus
the only western game with good gameplay is tetris

West doesn't stand for sony exclusives, indie games, and tomb raider user

The graphics might be 3D, but the levels and combat is pretty much 2D, which is why it was easy to port it to the GBA for example.
And all the weapons are pretty darn similar, unlike a contra where you have the spread, the laser, rapid fire etc.. where you have to think on which one is better for the scenario.
Also contra have a huge variety of enemies that you have to come up with strategies to beat em, while max payne is basically just humans and bullet sponge humans.

Then there's the whole platforming challenges.

They're weebs who's only experience is online games that they suck at and dragon age which actually sucks

>west
hahaha
ahhhhahahahahahahaha

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1.06M)

good bait brah

Attached: 1556585748842.png (986x797, 869K)

OP is right and you know it.

>The graphics might be 3D, but the levels and combat is pretty much 2D
You can make this analysis of every single 3D game ever made so I don't see your point at all.

>And all the weapons are pretty darn similar
>max payne is basically just humans and bullet sponge humans.
Didn't even play the game did you?

name 10(ten「十【拾】」) western games with good, in-depth gameplay

Attached: 1503857256018.png (1000x1000, 574K)

>>West
>>good gameplay
Ah yes, I too love Corridor Shooter 5

Been quite a while i don't play it.
It was fun, but the realism limits the game quite badly.
Also i still have the bitter taste of Max Payne 3 on the mouth.

>good gameplay in any AAA game
video games suck right now, globally

>offended
You've confused being offended with them rejecting your premise of a western game having good gameplay. I would rather watch anime than play western garbage.

I only play games made by crack heads.

Attached: 1398528026413.jpg (600x450, 52K)

Halo
Call of Duty
Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3
Space Station 13
Star Sector
Oblivion
Morrowind
Skyrim

If you hate the west so much then why don't you leave?

is that actually a thing

Because their frame of reference for "good games" is flash-tier gacha mobage garbage, the same Wizardry clones Japan has been making for 30 years, and shit like Senran Kagura. Add on top of that that their refusal to give western games any accolades because they don't have enough half naked high school girls and you get the current situation.

Japanese devs themselves openly admit they're inspired by western gameplay and that carries a lot more weight then a bunch of whiny cumheads.

West Indie games have good game play. West AAA games are walking simulators, movie imitations, and Goldeneye/Doom remakes.

cope weeb

That's painful.

I actually play more Western games. But I know better than to discuss them on Yea Forums. Yea Forums is that one friend you know there are certain things you just can't discuss with. Been having tonnes of fun with three houses threads. But I know better than to ever make or go into one for say, CB2077 or outerworlds. Then I have /vg/ as like that one kinda autistic guy you talk to sometimes cause he also plays that one particular game you are into and can't talk about with your friends.

I will after you name 5 good Japanese RTS or 4X games

Yeah I agree, at least on reddit I don't have to deal with weaboos disagreeing with me. We just downvote them to oblivion LOL.

Really embarrassing to see people trying to shove atelier ryza in with actual good games, please fuck off with that shit

LOOK AT THAT FUCKING TUMMY
I NEED A GF RIGHT NOW

>West Indie games have good game play
Good joke

>472787686
kill yourself. do not ever give me your disgusting (you) again.

>botw
>has it all

>West : Good graphics, music, gameplay and dev support
>East : out of touch devs and a good indicator that people who like their games are incels you should stay away from

>west
>>gameplay

Attached: 1560141107399.png (612x537, 747K)

>being so upset you can't reply properly
oof

inb4 he says he did it on purpose

Why is the only argument against japanese games always "ew the girls are attractive"?

no

Attached: 1558401523716.png (767x669, 102K)

denial, and the fact that they didn't play any western game in years and only parrot other opinions of people who also don't play western games

Attached: Untitled.jpg (731x738, 111K)

>west
Shit.
>Nips
Shit that makes pee per hard so cümbrains praise it
>slavs
Buggy, janky, kino.

Because the argument is actually "japanese games spend a disproportionate amount of effort on sex appeal to cover up the deficiencies of the actual game"

Do most people on Yea Forums only care about girls as filler for a game? almost every east vs west thread ends up boiling down to arguments over girls and how attractive they should be or something about women in the west hating attractive females in games or dykes. Red Alert 3 is one of my favorite games but it wouldn't change my opinion of it one bit if all the hot girls were gone.

Who’s far left?

you can tell good character design if you can swap the clothes and still recognize the characters.

also, great lineup of girls.

Attached: 4chan_1c175d_1609526.jpg (600x750, 66K)

>If you hate the west so much then why don't you leave?
Typical response from an insecure cuck unable to find faults on things he likes/is part of.

>modern games
>good gameplay
Delusional Dumbest Generation. Gaming died in the mid-90s.

>Japanese games
>have shit gameplay and stay away with waifus

Weren't Sekiro, Ace Combat 7, RE2 and DMC5 the Japanese games?

Riesz from Seiken Densetsu 3

Who's the far right girl wearing Zelda's clothes?

>name abertiary number of thing
Brainlet tier arguement.

>Good gameplay

That's a no from me chief

Also not once have I ever been impressed by photorealism, if I wanted to see real life I'd look outsie

Tifa from Final Fantasy VII
The artists is one of the few to remember to red eyes, which most people have forgotten about.

nigga, they DON'T EVEN WANT a western game to have a good gameplay to begin with
to feel better about themselves, and keep telling themselves that every western game is either a "movie" (ie poorfag cope) or ubiclone

Ah, never would've gotten that with Riesz wearing a green variant of her outfit.

>Tifa
>Riesz
>waifus

It's technically incorrect to call them that way though, since the term didn't even exist around the time the girls were introduced and very popular back in the mid 90s.

Spider Man was absolutely trash. Very basic combat we have seen before in western games and lazy corner cutting in every aspect of gameplay.