Dark Souls fans will defend this

Why couldn't From fix such an uncomfortable layout position FOR 5 GAMES.

Attached: Fl7Fp.jpg (2592x1936, 570K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26830198
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't play console games. What does the circle button do? Do you really need to use it at the same time as the right stick?

Holding it is running. Right stick is the camera. So you can't run and move the camera without doing the grip he is doing.

Not necessarily. You can lock the camera onto an enemy and use your thumb, or just not have pleb joints like OP and make it work for more advanced play.

same issue with BOTW

>those tabs

Can’t you just rebind controls?

The camera moves on it's own just fine while you're running

>he plays with a controller
imagine being so bad at video games you haven't beaten all 3 games on a kb+ms.

Attached: scrubs.png (526x378, 116K)

>t. handlet

Not on the console versions. Though I'm not sure if the Pro controller for Xbox bypasses that.

>playing easy mode

No it really doesn't especially if you are being chased by multiple enemies, exploring an area you haven't been to yet or trying to keep track of something that's out side of lock on range. There is a reason so many people independently end up using this grip.

>not remapping the controls to your preference
>stay salty, plebs

Attached: halala.gif (220x216, 598K)

b&r

The camera doesn't move on it's own at all unless you are locked on. What the fuck are you talking about?

>2019
>STILL complaining about the claw

Attached: 1548433408280.png (551x693, 257K)

>reddit
>mac

Attached: samurai.jpg (1024x1024, 182K)

Sprinting drains stamina, you so you can move the camera after you run out and wait for it to recover.

You shouldn't be sprinting all the time anyway.
You take extra damage while sprinting, so saving stamina to roll is better.

The claw is one of the oldest hand positions in Japanese gaming, From didn't invent that shit with the Souls games. It's not even the weirdest hand position a From Software game's worked best with.
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26830198

>not playing dark souls with a wii u pro controller

Attached: 20190803_105151.jpg (1573x2097, 773K)

>using onions with blind strats
I shiggly diggly

I can’t see Bloodborne there, did you forget to play it?

>not double claw-gripping so you can roll, look, move, and swap items without moving thumbs

I unironically find clawing on either side comfy as heck.

>holds controller like a retard
>apple product
>reddit

Attached: 1556567032460.jpg (500x371, 24K)

close

the real redpill is holding the controller with the buttons facing away from you. It's maximum efficiency.

Attached: D0yJnfvU8AA-JUh.png (455x340, 243K)

>dpad AND buttons below the analog sticks so you can't claw either side without losing control of the analog stick
Yikes!

How can a men be so based

What kind of fucking faggot uses the claw grip for any reason?

send vid of someone doing this

Fine by me

Attached: SteamController.jpg (1500x1044, 123K)

t. faggot who hasn't used the best way to hold a controller

I've got a platinum trophy in all 5 soulsborne games and I've never once used that kind of grip.
Why would you hold a controller like this? What benefit do you get out of it?
It looks horribly uncomfortable and not at all the way the game is intended to be played.

Attached: Look into my eyes.png (692x475, 306K)

I have played DaS, DaS III and Bloodborne and I have never done that with the controller.

you can move the camera and run at the same time

t. faggot that hasn't played MonHun

it's really not uncomfortable as long as you're not one of those fags that tightens your grip on the controller like it could fly out of your hands

I somehow feel if you got really good at this, you could be god-tier in some games.

The camera automatically moves to show where you're going, sure, but if you want to run and look behind you or to the sides, you're fucked. The grip is for those situations.

Why would you need to do that?
I hold dualshock controllers loosely because they're not supposed to be deathgripped to begin with unlike xbox controllers.
The claw just looks pointless.

Nigga are you actually running from every encounter?
Why are you running so much? lmao fucking fight the enemies.

>Why would you need to do that?
yeah it's hard to think of reasons

I can't believe how many Yea Forumsirgins here have trouble understanding the purpose/benefit of clawing.

It gives you more options in-game. It lets you roll and dodge as well as run while looking around. Left claw lets you swap weapons and items while moving and dodging, which means you don't have to sit still like a sitting duck just to change to your off weapon.

>he hasn't gotten gud with the claw grip

I can't believe you would put yourself through it and still bitch about doing it. Kill yourself retard.
Just quickly tap a d-pad button and go back to the analog stick, half a second of not running away isn't going to get your arse filled with a backstab. If you need to rely on running that much you probably suck.

>nigger
Every time

Attached: 1562908725476.png (624x642, 378K)

OR just claw grip and do it all smoothly?
>half a second of not running away isn't going to get your arse filled with a backstab
ok now shut the fuck up

Have you never heard of the reverse claw grip to play the old Armored Core games when From was still trying very hard to not use the analog sticks?

Fun fact: the controls for all Souls games (DeS-DaS3) were swapped when brought over to the west. When changing confirm/cancel buttons they swapped those buttons in their entirety.

Originally Sprint was on X, which would make it way easier to maneuver the camera simultaneously. Blame the localization team for giving you objectively inferior controls.

Attached: HBO4wb0.png (441x441, 199K)

I always assume people who complain about this kind of thing are moving the camera way too fucking much in the first place.
I touch the right analog stick for a split second to adjust while I'm in the middle of the action.

>OR just claw grip and do it all smoothly?
Sure then I don't want to see shit like the OP bitching and whining about it, that's all I'm saying.
>ok now shut the fuck up
Yeah I'll just let you go back to your hardcore gamer strats.

>not walking with your palm, turning camera with your thumb
Pathetic

Attached: 1.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

How would that make it any easier, you'd have to move your finger even lower to get to the X button

Fun fact: almost every JRPG does this.

Attached: thoughtful glare.jpg (675x795, 83K)

user there are many user in this thread, some have even expressed that they like the claw

>half a second of not running away isn't going to get your arse filled with a backstab
have you played dark souls before...?

Claw is literally bad for your hand and an ergonomic failure.

Besides that, he is clearly controlling both buttons and joystick in that very picture you babbling retard.

>a bunch of faggots who have to run away from fights complaining the controls don't work for them

Working as intended.

As far as a Playstation controller is concerned, the thumb can rest on both X and right analog just fine.

what I do when I need to run and turn the camera
>left index finger on the right stick
>left thumb on the left stick

literally don't care

>without losing control of the analog stick
You can't believe you'll have the same amount of accuracy with the side of your index as the tip of your thumb, right?

>Claw is literally bad for your hand and an ergonomic failure.
t. clamos the controller like it will be yanked from his hand

You're actually a dipshit. "muh honorable 1v1 dark souls combat" is not the actual game. It's a game that loves to spring ambushes on you or overwhelm you with unfair odds. You are straight up lying if you are going to say that you stay and fight in a cramped corner when ambushed there. If you do then you probably die like a retard.

And most of them have less involved action or are turn based, where it becomes a complete non-issue.
I get swapping Confirm/Cancel but Sprint is on X for a reason. Either include fully rebindable controls or leave them as they were if you're going to go the lazy route.

what the fuck, if you're cool with having your camera rotating to the right, yes

simply bonkers

*clamps

Cared enough to respond.

Honor doesn't matter. Being a pussy does.

if you play on PC, you can fix it yourself

All five of them to completion several times over. Calm down when you play.

Only if you're moving the camera to the right, or are doing some kind of weird thing using the side of your thumb joint that diminished control

Middle of the thumb stays on X. Tip of the thumb moves stick, a lot better than claw.

It's just a strict advantage over not doing it. I use it every time I play. It's really not that hard to understand why someone would, right?

Attached: 1564511801698.gif (540x304, 1.22M)

Ps4 does but only if you pretend to be handicapped.

no, this is actual nonsense

Attached: 1557983956512.jpg (480x387, 19K)

>Honor doesn't matter. Being a pussy does.
I bet you thought that sounded really cool but it's really one of the dumbest things I have read on this site and that is saying something.

Brah I've been doing it for years on this Jap PS3. I don't have any contortions.

Why are you even browsing Reddit?

why did he need to take a picture of him holding the controller like that in front of the original picture instead of just using the original picture? hes not adding anything.

I never said anything about running from fights you dip. I said the camera doesn't move on it's on unless it's locked on and that's true.

this image somehow proves you played kb+m??????????????????

Attached: 1557144380832.jpg (470x252, 52K)

>modern 3-D games often require use of both thumbsticks simultaneously
>the majority of any modern gamepad's buttons are still in a position to be reached by thumbs only
The gamepad is a fundamentally shitty human interface device, so you can't really blame the game developers.

>Console player trying to understand spatial awarenes and having full camera control
I bet you climb spiral staircases without touching the right analog

That just means you can only move the camera left instead

>not using DK bongos