Looking back at it, was it a pleb filter?

Looking back at it, was it a pleb filter?

Attached: 369915-hotline-miami-2-wrong-number-android-front-cover.png.jpg (512x512, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-awWHKaAgzg
youtube.com/watch?v=rNWWJKiyOF8
youtube.com/watch?v=vsZtCLMsevM
youtube.com/watch?v=ICjD3f-8SXE
youtube.com/watch?v=o4zD4pL5k68
youtu.be/EPFDD2mqCwY
youtube.com/watch?v=XWTbo5muJ_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=JflsBihO_MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WZvXYj72eYk
youtu.be/rNWWJKiyOF8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

absolutely. it's a direct continuation of 1's difficulty ramp. it's for people who wanted an escalation of 1's mechanics and not just more of the same.
the story also shits on all the pseuds who misinterpreted the original's story.

No, it was just a piece of shit that contained only the worst aspects of the original. Baiting and blindfiring at offscreen enemies was not fun.

100 times this

Yes, everyone who disagree with that is either a scrub or a fag.

Why would anyone care about the story of HM? It's a top down arcade action game with some good music, that's it. Nobody plays that shit for the plot.

Maybe you should try to get good instead? The game was pretty fun desu.

>can't see me
>one step forward
>I SEE HIM
>bap
>BAITED CHUMP

it's honestly boring because it discourages CUHRAAZY which was the whole appeal for me.

no it was shit and everyone called it shit and now contrarians are going to say it was great for the sake of being contrarian

You make a thread about this fucking game every day for every day since its release, its been 4 fucking years. Sage

Git gud.

Attached: Hotline Miami 2 - Dead Ahead.webm (700x700, 2.86M)

>room is 3x the size of the screen
its shit
also another thing, people saying get good to any criticism to a game thats considered 'hard' are fucking retarded

Attached: 1491456251755.jpg (893x909, 293K)

Nah, there's a lot of things host unfun about it's new difficulty. Even speedrunners who are absolutely not bad at the game recognize that.

It was still good, but not as good as the first.

Not pictured: all the tries it took to get this right and not get sniped by one thing going wrong.

Attached: Hotline Miami 2 dodging.webm (1200x900, 1.27M)

>room is 3x the size of the screen
>its shit
HM1 also had rooms of this size
In case if you forgot that: you have a shift button!

And? speedrunners also need countless runs, since they can't predict everthing

was ment to

>LMAO KILL PEOPLE FOR NO PURPOSE LMAO VIOLENCE AYYY

too much gunplay, gunplay in hm is shit.

>Why would anyone care about the story of HM?
Hotline Miami has one of the best done narratives in vidya.

>Revenge story
>Good
Kek

>having to put the cursor on the absolute edge of the screen to lock onto a sniper even further away than the edge of the screen

hotline miami was just really well themed and the story was intentionally not important from the main character's perspective
Hm2 just felt like they didn't care, but also wanted to try telling a story by jumping around more than sonic adventure

>Revenge story
???

>Hotline Miami has one of the best done narratives in vidya.
It's good, but don't overdo it

Yeah, pretty much. It's still divisive but I think anyone who can't appreciate now is either a b8'ing moron or just sucked at the game.

It wasn't that hard, it was just a different kind of challenge
>Why can enemies shoot you from off screen
Why can you see through walls?
>There aren't as many mask choices to make levels more creative
Because you aren't playing as Jacket anymore.
>Too many cutscenes
You can , and are in fact encouraged to skip them you pleb

Attached: 1476399712235.gif (248x203, 154K)

Name one other game that employs non-linear vignette storytelling with surrealist and post-modern influences WITHOUT coming across as pretentious.

Attached: smugKaede.png (800x840, 308K)

>terrible design is a pleb filter

Speedrunners don't have a set opinion on Hotline Miami 2, some love it others hate it. Honestly I think their complaints about it are retarded although I've only done a few speedruns of the game.

>It's terrible design if it's too hard for me

Its one of the greatest games ever made.

Attached: manny.png (700x490, 345K)

People do realize that you can lock on to enemies even if they're not on the screen, right?

>Hotline Miami is post modern because it a based on unreliable 1st person narration
No?

this is not you playing

>jumping around more than sonic adventure
But sonic adventure doesn’t jump around. When you pick a character you play just their levels, which is the opposite of HM2.

I don’t care what anyone says getting shot by enemies off screen in a top down game is BULLLSHIT, and locking on to them before you can see them to shoot them is no fun

yes having to stop and use shift to lock on is pretty epic

Post god tier tracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=-awWHKaAgzg
youtube.com/watch?v=rNWWJKiyOF8
youtube.com/watch?v=vsZtCLMsevM
youtube.com/watch?v=ICjD3f-8SXE

>post-modern
Just shut up.

You have no idea what you are talking about, you've weakly atrached to some group think. HM2 was from a director who didn't want to make a sequal. He knew how the gameplay loop worked for the original hotline maimi and flipped it inside out hoping to get a new flock of fans bitching at the old.

When yyou'e bad at Hotline Miami you take time between decisions, wait behins corners and sneak in kills. Hotline Miami 2 asked you to play like that. Creating a rhythm thats way too much of a tease to enjoy. If the levels where the same size it would of been half the length of the original.

It's not a hard as you think it is. Getting the perfect 90x combo is actually pretty easy to do if you have your route memorized and don't get screwed by bad weapon drop RNG

Yes. Anyone who likes either game is easily-identified as plebeian.

Imagine thinking either of the Hotline Miami games is hard

>I don’t care what anyone says
Then don't post, faggot

These are not the stages people are losing thier shit over

>t. doesn't know what post-modern is

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 12.29.03 PM.png (1930x714, 899K)

Wow you picked one of the levels where nearly everyone is melee, well done that proves him wrong.

You cant post in this thread if you havent full comboed Dead Ahead on hard mode.

Attached: 20190615122313_1.jpg (1920x1080, 675K)

>HM2 was from a director who didn't want to make a sequal.
Except CactusSquid really wanted to make a sequal and consider their sequel better than the original as well.

>Hotline Miami 2 plays like you sneaking around and waiting behind corners
Lmao no it doesn't. If you suck at Hotline Miami 2 maybe.

>I found a screenshot of some other retard who doesn't know what post modernism is saying it's post modern
Great. Still not post modern. Can you tell me from what post modern school of thought Hotline Miami bases itself off of? Is it post structuralism or deconstructionism?

People lose their shit over Dead Ahead a lot, actually.

The latter.
It's a deconstruction and critique of video game violence.

>critique of video game violence.
In what way?
Just because of one quote where the character is asked if he likes hurting other people?
There's not a critique.

Deconstructionism =/= merely examining and criticizing common tropes within a given field or genre. Derrida is far more complicated than I think you realize.

The issue isn't the difficulty, the issue is dealing with enemies so far off screen you have to memorize their routes and guess where they'll be and shoot blindly, also trivializing all melee.

Attached: 1546792526650.jpg (750x681, 116K)

>Not being to just wing it in any scenario is a bad thing
I kind of enjoy the unpredictability of that a bit more .

thats the problem though, there is no more unpredictability for you to adapt to. The game forces you to memorize and try the same thing over and over as opposed to improvising and using your ingenuity/skill

I don't really think the RNG in 2 is that different from 1 as much as the level design is. It just makes it so that you find different routes for each level because of the extra space, depending on the level, imo

this 100%. hotline miami 2 is even better than 1.

yes, I never mentioned rng, the level design in 2 is shittier and promotes a less fun and less skill rewarding playstyle based on memorization rather than improvisation

Are there mandatory stealth segment in this? Almost dropped the original over how bad the hospital level was. Other than that it was a 10 for me

Attached: 3e1.jpg (2425x7000, 2.29M)

Every level has you whacking people.

It's a fucking top down version of fucking Dragon's Lair. If you don't do the exact fucking move you're supposed to do, you die. It's fucking stupid, irritating, and a terrible game, both 2 and the original.
Fuck that garbage.

Eh, depended on the level. Some of them still have a lot of random elements you needed to check for and be constantly cautious of (the Richter levels for example) and I don't really mind needing to memorize different enemy placements for a specific route, as you had to do that in a lot of the levels the original game as well.

Attached: git gud.png (620x570, 112K)

>hotline miami 2 is even better than 1.
Let's not get too carried away. Hotline Miami 1 is easily in the top 25 vidya of all time.

>typical LOL MEME GITGUD bullshit reply by Dumbest Generational
Your generation is shit and your games are shit. Go play old games, kid.

Where is the critique? It's just a simple acknowledgement.

>barely make it through the first 20 gigantic rooms
>guy shoots you from off screen
great game

>People STILL can't use the shift key to look around the room
Even if you die, the levels are small and short just because of that reason
I hate brainlets

>If you don't do the exact fucking move you're supposed to do,
Lol no, if you're fast enough you can improvise a lot of shit, especially in 1. Guess you just suck at the game

>If you don't do the exact fucking move you're supposed to do, you die
>If you don't kill enemy before enemy kills you, you die
Holy shit, this guy's onto something!

What was Yea Forums‘s reaction like when this game first came out?

Both Hotline Miami were the ultimate plebfilters. You are literally not a gamer if you haven't beaten them.

This but unironically.

Drooling over the ost, with most people genuinely enjoying the game and making fun of games journos for thinking it was too hard - then eventually , in true Yea Forums fashion, waves of contrarianism about why the new level design was bullshit and how old Hotline Miami was better.

Locking on is not an option in hard mode

You don't know how games are supposed to work, do you? It figures given that pretty much all modern games are based on the fucking stupid Dragon's Lair mold because of lazy goddamn developers that cares more about story and other bullshit than the actual game.
Please just let modern gaming die, kids.

/hmg/, where art thou.... you promised you would be back for the editor...

R O L L E R M O B S T E R
L E P E R V

Still top fucking tracks.

Even if I memorize all the locations and routes of enemies, it's not fun to shoot a bunch of off-screen enemies.

Pardoposting and other jokes.

Attached: get a grip.gif (360x270, 1.41M)

>He can't deal with enemies on the fly, has to memorize their locations to not die
lmao, I can't believe games like fucking HM that take such a short time to complete are giving you niggers such trouble

Attached: 1502564896781.jpg (500x356, 45K)

Death Wish is easily the best HM level.

I agree if you dont count the finale.

Attached: apocalypse.png (360x590, 20K)

You really don't need to shoot at them off screen. When you fire a gun anywhere you should be spamming shift to see if anyone is coming and then firing.

If someone is hard to track and you are forced to be careful because you aren't sure where they might be and how they will kill you it makes it a lot more tense

>Hotline Miami 1 is easily in the top 25 vidya of all time.
then that easily places 2 above wherever 1 is located in the 25

Yeah, it's better than the first game in almost every aspect.

>Those elevator doors opening
>ROLLERMOBSTER

Attached: 1533923617858.png (240x262, 91K)

I still don't get why in the first game Jacket thought the russian mob forced him to do this shit if he was killing russian mobsters, was he just mentally ill? He did kill a bunch of cops for little to no reason after all

>HM2 was from a director who didn't want to make a sequal.
objectively false, HM1 is filled with references that only make sense after playing the second game

A civil war or betrayal within the mob.

other way around

>He didn't play it
Gtfo faggot

deconstructionism has nothing to do with the colloquial use of the phrase "deconstructing", referring to "deconstructing" a trope. on the other hand, is more or less wrong since postmodernism in media usually refers to media that exemplifies new tropes in literature that those critical frameworks sprung up around, so in this sense hotline miami could be considered postmodern. is right but derrida is literally pic related

Attached: 4cc3e5ce228a2986e12c7a8de83a37f34d3f32a796a36d36b833a70658d4366a.jpg (897x767, 128K)

youtube.com/watch?v=o4zD4pL5k68

Reminder that Richter did nothing wrong.

Story was fine and music was great.

The gameplay was a step down in that it forced gun usage on a ton of parts, each level had very few ways to tackle it compared to 1, and level size was generally a huge negative because you could easily be killed by stuff you have no way of seeing so instead of strategically planned how to handle a level it often boiled down to spray a bullets one direction and pray.

Son best boy

What the fuck are you even talking about?
Literally every fucking shooter you will die if you don't shoot the enemies and they shoot you instead.
What point are you even trying to make here?

Pardo's existence alone makes HM2 superior to the first

Attached: 1563068046527.jpg (1062x1062, 180K)

i like hm1 more but i cannot refute this wtf????

We need more Pardo in our lives

Attached: murderous cop duo.jpg (960x1236, 128K)

This.

Absolutely. Some of the best music of the two games, and the unforgiving "unfair" difficulty is part of the style of the game where you fail many times in order to win gloriously once. The types of people who think the gun enemies shooting from far away is too hard don't grasp the gameplay style and just want to spam doors and use twitch-reaction gameplay instead of methodical thinking.

It sucked ass. In HM1 you could get by on great reflexes and good sense, in this one if you didn't want to have to full-on memorize the 'correct' route you literally had to peekaboo cheese since all the enemies had ESP and line of sight meant nothing at all to them. Awful sequel.

The plot wasn't good either. Really sucked the magic out of the first game to have every single goddamned thing autistically over-explained, not to mention retroactively making Jacket fucking Rambo.

I don't care what YOU have to say, imbecile. What I have to say on the other hand is intelligent and important.

>Riddarna
my nigger

>Dust

My absolute nigger, that track has to have been in my top 10 ever since I first listened to it. It just hits all the right buttons.

nah
the level design is literal garbage
aka a chink job. just check the credits

Attached: darkestdungeonbutthurt.jpg (1000x1000, 79K)

>Around begins to play

Attached: 1548285152231.png (1000x566, 253K)

Run is such a gem
I hated it when it started but as the level progressed, it became one of my all-time favourites

youtu.be/EPFDD2mqCwY

Attached: SYjch8M_d.jpg (354x286, 11K)

Jacket didn't care, all he wanted to do was murder Russians because of what they did to Beard.

youtube.com/watch?v=XWTbo5muJ_Q

youtube.com/watch?v=JflsBihO_MQ

>level layouts and enemy patrols take time to learn
>it's shit
HM2 shows that a lot of players didn't actually like challenge

He massacred the police station because Richter was imprisoned there and he had a score to settle with him after waking up from the coma

youtube.com/watch?v=WZvXYj72eYk
Add the menu music to that.
I remember when the game first loaded up and it played, I knew the tone was going to be really different to HM1 instantly.
>tfw can never replay HM2 for the first time again

Attached: 62356.jpg (540x679, 98K)

nah, you are just bumping your shitty thread
the level design is literally flawed
one thing is having some windows, another different is getting killed by off the screen shots because the game had no QA
even speedrunners agree the level design is garbage

/thread

>Spent about $100 getting the vinyl soundtrack second-hand.
>Listen to it for the first time
>Around isn't on it
:'(

>even speedrunners agree the level design is garbage
OMG!
The speedrunners agree the level design is garbage?
Oh fuck, I was wrong all this time, i should have known better!

t. Puyo Puyo champion

it wassn't fun enough to want to get good i only completed for the story

This. I feel that they didn't put a lot of effort in the level designs with the big open rooms and all the cool webms are just people who memorized exactly where all the enemies are.

Filter for what?

>he said something I don't like
>let's just call'em a samefag, that'll show'em!
Pathetic. Part of the challenge is to micromanage when you expose yourself in open areas, but as I see you were too busy playing the peekaboo gameplay the first game was entirely based around.

well, to begin with, they have probably played the game 100x times more than you, while you are just memeing because of the "dank" music

where did I wrote "samefag" in my post?
are you retarded?

>nah, you are just bumping your shitty thread
>where did I wrote "samefag" in my post?
With such a short attention span I am not even surprised you've had a hard time with HM2

do you understand that someone could bump just by replying with shitty argements? like you are doing now? is it that difficult to you? who said he is samefagging, it's obviously the same guy engaging in a discussion, retard

You don't have to play a game one hundred times to be able to comment on the level design man

who said you had to? you are demeaning the opinion of people that dedicate thousands of hours to a single game
accept that even them agree the levels are garbage, not just randos

>Peakaboo cheese
You mean hit the shift key?
>Enemies have ESP
You can literally see through walls
>Retroactively macking Jacket Rambo
He was always Rambo you fucking idiot

>that even them agree the levels are garbage
Except they actually don't, you fucking imbecile. A few streamers have bashed it on GDQ events. That's not everyone who has played the game longer than a few hundred hours.

I've speedrun the game a few times and I have very little issue with the level design because I'm not a bumbling autist

>I've speedrun the game a few times
>I'm not a bumbling autist

Attached: 1 like = 1 prayer.jpg (229x221, 16K)

Based

ITT: hml2fags try to defend shitty level design

>you are demeaning the opinion of people that dedicate thousands of hours to a single game
Just because they played thousands of hours of a game doesn't make them any more right than someone who has played it through once.
Also, just having a difference of opinion doesn't demean the opinion of someone else you spaz

I mean, literally a few times. It's a fast speedrun that doesn't really abuse a lot of game mechanics. It isn't like a Ocarina of Time speedrun

ITT: people who suck at games blame the level design and screech for a few hours

Trauma was a bitch on the first run but it's a really nice level to breeze through once you know it.

Attached: traumanoaudio.webm (640x400, 1.27M)

pls explain pig butcher

Attached: gf.png (1362x700, 1015K)

It's really not hard at all, it's just retards try to sprint through it like every other level.
You're likely to get caught by the guy reading the paper once because it's a new mechanic - but other than that if you just take your time and watch the enemy movements, it's piss easy

I hated how I would die from bullets from people I couldn't see so each level was trial and error. like a top down dark souls because I had to restart each level one hundred times and I couldn't play balls out like I did in part 1

>When yyou'e bad at Hotline Miami you take time between decisions, wait behins corners and sneak in kills. Hotline Miami 2 asked you to play like that.
Correction: When you're bad at video games and unwilling to improve, slowly baiting kills behind corners is the only your suckass can play the game. Anyone who is actually good can easily play the game guns blazing just like HM1.

2deep4u - the thread
sorry, guys, the level design is ass

imo he was just a fantasist and deluded himself to the point of thinking he was a film star to justify the terrible things he was doing.

I'd say that when Pardo gets busted and suddenly he gets whisked off by a film crew is a similar kind of situation - the moment he started to really lose it, a similar thing happened with a film crew and set

I guess it could be argued that the whole thing is just essentially a film directed by Richard, and he is the director. The alternative opening finishes with Richard turning on a projector, then the game starts. Perhaps the characters just had to lose their sanity to be able to see the strings.

>You mean hit the shift key?
No, fuckwit, since enemies are in perma-shift key mode in the sense they can fire upon you from offscreen, which is what I meant by route memorization.
>You can literally see through walls
Right, because I'm the fucking player and it's a top down game.
>He was always Rambo you fucking idiot
Fuck off. There's plenty of fifty blessings guys. Part of the charm of the first game was the idea that even if a normal guy decided to go on a rampage, there isn't much you'd be able to do about if you didn't see him coming. That stark fact was what made the premise so fucking creepy. Making him Rambo just means it's just more action movie BS.

Fuck you for defending such an awful sequel to such a great game. I legit hope you get killed IRL.

>I legit hope you get killed IRL.
cope

>Hotline Miami = The Raid: Redemption
>Hotline Miami 2 = The Raid 2
Prove me wrong.

But what about the fact that Pardo and Evan Wright's sprites can be found on police bodies after he gets shot.
What is his connection to them

>but as I see you were too busy playing the peekaboo gameplay the first game was entirely based around.
>thinking you had to peekaboo to beat HM1
How fucking embarassing. That was actually the problem with HM2, in HM1 peekaboo was pure cheese to trivialize the game, in HM2 it was literally necessary to play unless you wanted to memorize the entire fucking level like some speedrunner autist.

someone comment on my thoughts. valid or not? I'm at work and can't read all

The last Beard level is pure kino.
youtu.be/rNWWJKiyOF8

Dunno, never noticed that - maybe they become extras in the film once they're out the equation?
I don't think there's any one true answer, it's open to interpretation and that's clearly supposed to be the point

>LE DARK SOWLS XD
you are a fucking plebeian whose only point of reference to anything is Dark Souls. get cultured you fuckstain

I love how this game triggers faggots who can't be bothered to learn maps to get good scores.

It wasn't just a dream though, in the ending when Richter and his mom are chilling in Hawaii the TV man announces the movie.

>Correction: When you're bad at video games and unwilling to improve, slowly baiting kills behind corners is the only your suckass can play the game. Anyone who is actually good can easily play the game guns blazing just like HM1.
No they can't. HM2 is literally all about route memorization and even the highest level players (especially the highest level players) agree on this. Trying to rely on your reflexes to kill enemies as you encounter them like in HM1 will one hundred percent get you killed. Hate how the lamest shitters like you always put on the most airs.

I didn't even know you could kill people as the journalist until replaying recently.

I love HM2 to bits, but that was probably my least favourite level and one of my least favourite tracks, never understood why it gets so much praise really.
The third part of that level where you run into the power station entrance is horrible unless you happen to have brought a gun from the previous section, in which case it's slightly easier.
The track itself is repetitive as fuck - yeah it sets the tone nicely, but that's about it imo

HLM2 at launch was great. Patrol routes spazzing out for any reason and dogs warping through walls to get you was the best gaming moments ever.

Subway on hard actually requires you to kill, the chainsaw thug can't be knocked out.

Because it’s simultaneously uplifting and melancholic, which perfectly fits the level. The ending of the level is also a really important plot point and explains the photo that Jacket throws off the balcony in the last of the first game.

I never said it was a dream - I just think the Pig Butcher was deluded and Pardo ends up going the same way in the end.

If you're suggesting the whole thing was literally a real film with real actors, I don't agree with that interpretation

Yeah like I say, I get the tone, but that doesn't mean the track isn't dull and repetitive compared to the rest of the soundtrack.

Likewise with the end of the level, I agree, it's good and well done, but that doesn't mean the actual gameplay section of the level is any better than the rest of the game either

>HM2 is literally all about route memorization
so first you're saying that it's too random and now you're saying it's about memorization? which one is it
>especially the highest level players
such as? do you mean speedrunners? need I remind you that most speedrunners are autists who learn exactly one way to play a game, are reluctant to change and will throw hiss fits if something doesn't go the way they planned

>No, fuckwit, since enemies are in perma-shift key mode in the sense they can fire upon you from offscreen,
Except they were always like that even in Hotline 1 except they couldn't see through fucking walls
>Right because I'm the player
Not every top down shooter gives you infinite vision lmao
>Fuck off he wasn't ex military in Hotline 1
Except you could look around his apartment for clues and the average guy can't just rip someone's throat at after sneaking behind him like wtf kind of drugs were you on thinking that jacket was just a "regular guy" ?

You're just a tasteless butthurt pleb with nostalgia goggles

The only good levels are Richter's and Jake's final level. Prove me wrong.

I think there's no reason to not believe it was a real movie, the movie sometimes gets mentioned by other characters too.
Also, it is vaguely based on Jackets killings, except twisted and less human (so it pleases Hollywood's bloodthirsty fans) so unless Martin was there, there's no way he has such an accurate knowledge of the happenings.

Death Wish exists.

Not good enough.

>such as? do you mean speedrunners? need I remind you that most speedrunners are autists who learn exactly one way to play a game, are reluctant to change and will throw hiss fits if something doesn't go the way they planned
This is the hardest cope I have ever seen

the game is cool but pretty much broken
the first one is a lot better in terms of gameplay
I like the variety in the second game, but other than that, it feels like amateur hour gamejam level pack

Ehh you could be right I guess - but didn't Martin only know about a telephone ringing telling him to kill people?
Given you see part of Jacket's court trial, isn't it fair to assume that a lot of the details of the HM1 plot were public knowledge by the time of 2?
I can't actually remember where the Pig Butcher levels fit in chronologically though, but you see him sleeping in Jacket's old apartment at one point, so I would guess he was another copycat like the Fans, but went crazy at some point.
But yeah, it's all open to interpretation really, so it could all just be a movie.

Only Richters first and last level are remarkable.
All the levels in Act 2 are great.

is dark souls not trial and error?

you can't rely on music and aesthetics and pretend the level design is solid saying it's hard

No and neither is Hotline Miami.

lol

Not really

Fair enough.

No because you can suss out enemy movesets well enough with very little engagement. Dodgerolls are very forgiving in that game.

Yeah, I find it more likely to be an actual movie, Jacket's apartment is 1:1 the same and Final Cut (the level with the Decade Dance track) is a weird recreation of Decadence - my point is that the whole setting seems more like the result of the director's somewhat deep research than the hectic fantasy of a psychopath.
Also as I remember in the movie the phone calls were just an easy plot device to explain the pig butchers motivation to kill.
But yeah, the more you think about it, HM2 is just as fuzzy and dreamlike as the first game.

>WITHOUT coming across as pretentious
You just made it sound pretentious as fuck, fcukboi.

I assumed Martin had just obsessed over Jacket and tracked down his apartment to camp out there, and had begun murdering random people as a copycat.
What exactly do mean when you say Final Cut is a recreation of Decadence?
Just that the objective is to rescue the girl at the end?
The level design is really different between the two, I mean the girl thing is definitely reminiscent of the first, but I don't necessarily know if the intention was for Martin's arc to be a direct copy of Jacket's or anything

>it's ok to have terrible design if it's difficult
Whatever fag.

That's not what he's saying though - he's saying that people who find the game too hard are the ones to complain about the level design being "bad"

Yeah and that's not what the original dude is saying. Level design is a subset of the entire game design.

One interesting thing to note if its all a metaphorical dream is that the Girl's boyfriend who Pig Butcher kills at the end of the tutorial looks similar to jacket. And just outside the bedroom is his glasses-wearing friend, like Beard.

You have the eyes of a hawk, my friend.
I've played the game through about 5 times and put 72 hours in, never noticed that

Both games are filled with little details hidden in the environment.
The frantic gameplay makes it hard to notice but there are stories to be found in the pixels and sprites.

Yeah, probably doesn't help that the majority of my time playing I was very high - always felt like the kind of game that is good to play through a drug haze

The inspiration for the games was the cocaine scene in 80s Florida.