Six months after release... I am forgotten

Six months after release... I am forgotten...
Is this the final nail in Bioware's coffin? Is EA ready to gut them?

Attached: anthem-dylan.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg (1024x576, 143K)

for once, an "I am forgotten" thread actually makes sense. forgot this piece of shit existed.

You miss all of the other threads. There are tons, but because the game are so literally forgotten no discussion takes place and we move on to less shit threads.

Escape From Tarkov? Fallout 76? Mass Effect? Playstation Classic? CoD after 1 month? Star Citizen?

Those are just bigger companies or ones with tons of money tossed at them.

it mass effect 3 didn't end bioware, if cisquisition didn't end them, if fucking andromeda didn't end them, then this won't either. bioware is gonna be around for a long time and they got many shitty games to make as well

What went wrong?

such a shame
game had so much potential.
even tho the game was so barebones and broken, the core gameplay was really fun.

I've got this installed on my ps4 but I still forgot about it

everyone bought it

nobody played it

>Anthem was pure shi-

Attached: Anthem Javelin.webm (856x480, 1.93M)

So in a way it went absolutely right, then?

-t. what the fuck are those animations, care to explain yourself?

Attached: Brainlet_f3217f_6615771.png (1200x1335, 269K)

I miss the BioWare of old.

>Plays on harder difficulty
>Gets shot out of the sky in a couple seconds

I got the game with a new video card

I unironically liked playing it due to easy repetitiveness (something like league of legends games-ish)

The problem is that I can't play it anymore due to a weird fucking bug they seem to not want to fix

I upgraded from 8350 FX which was showing 100 CPU usage in game but managed to finish the game with it

After upgrading to i7-9700K, it still shows fucking 100 CPU usage and it overheats like a bitch. Why does EA refuse to patch their garbage game ?

Attached: file.png (678x501, 474K)

They put graphics, story, etc. over gameplay and backend systems. They basically took video game programming 101 and ignored it entirely.

well yeah but they lied their fucking asses off to sell it. I mean no man's sky tier of bullshit lie after lie after lie. and I don't mean just over-selling/stretching the truth they genuinely lied about what would be in the game and used fake CGI scenes and posed them as gameplay complete with fake UI and everything.
really makes you wonder how much the game industry can really get away with.

Attached: a172c80.jpg (4048x3036, 1.16M)

>Why does EA refuse to patch their garbage game ?
because you people are stupid enough to keep buying them.

With their plans to convert it into F2P, how the fuck are they gonna salvage this?

the devs don't even want to play it either because its so boring and soulless. they're probably all playing warframe tbqh

>tfw the cosmos have given me justice for Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda

Attached: ABD97578-A7BF-42DE-AEEE-626790EB4F7A.jpg (1001x1001, 124K)

Yes, yes and yes.

Rumor has it development of the new Dragon Age game was taken over by EA Vancouver a couple of weeks ago.

Attached: 1402220816781.gif (320x240, 1.94M)

Yeah it's flashy and shit, until you realize all the player is doing is spamming the action button without a thought.
It's what the only guy I knew said when he played the game, there's no punishment to just mindlessly spamming X.

>We live in a world where the only decent part of a game was only included because of an EA exec
How does a dev even get this shit?

I doubt those f2p rumors are true. The mtx store is complete shit and the game is still trash. Nobody is going to play this even for free.

the only surprising thing is it didn't happen sooner

I dont know how it performs on PC but on ps4 pro it runs like shit. The combat itself isnt fun. Gunplay feel and sounds arent satisfying and enemies can literally disappear mid combat. Very glitchy. It honestly feels like a cheaply made asian mmo.

No the Star Wars game and dice (and by proxy EA) fucking up the Pacific update in a Battlefield V which was a disaster at launch anyway and is haemorrhaging players because of the lack of content and the fact the guns feel like poop, colour pallet is muddy and dynamic resolution is awful oh and the net code is hot garbage.

Attached: 14AA1719-9665-4283-A65A-88DBD0D4151F.jpg (636x649, 331K)

is starting gun still the best weapon in the game?
i legitimately lol'd when i heard about it

Nobody knows because nobody plays it anymore LMAO

Attached: DAE14448-F232-43A2-B377-BFC3ABB2F342.gif (320x180, 348K)

did you even read my post ?

I hate template threads so much.

Likely. Mass Effect's Ryder trilogy got binned, and their attempt at a new IP is now dead in the water. Dragon Age is all they've got left, and word is that EA's pushing them hard on long-term monetization - Anthem being too broken to even function as a microtransaction platform has left them in a bad way.

Inquisition was a critical and commercial success for them, though. It's only when Andromeda came out that things started to fall apart. Of course, the folks at Edmonton acted like it couldn't happen to them, but sure enough, they wasted years of development faffing about on a crappy engine "finding the fun", and the result was that their ten-year-game was a boring, broken, directionless mess. Even though they managed to make money off of them, they're not making enough money to keep EA happy and off their backs.

They’ve got DA4 left. If that flops EA will just turn Bioware into a Battlefield studio before shutting them down like what happened to Visceral.

>Inquisition was a critical and commercial success for them
There were only 3 small DLC for DAI, I don't think EA can call that a success.
Also, it was #5 place at the release month.

I haven't played it but maybe it was super cheap to make.

>people buy these games for the gameplay and not just for the graphics
that's where you're wrong, bucko

this should have already happened long ago

Too much emphasis on the graphics and the (shit) story. Bioware just has no idea what to do anymore. Weren't they going to scrap the flying until some EA suit told them to keep it? That's arguably the best part of the game and they were just going to toss it.

Yeah its kind of a shame. The beta wasn't great and convinced me to not buy the game but it also convinced me that the game could be good in a year or two after many updates/expansions since base components like flying and comboing abilities was pretty fun. After its poor performance that ain't gonna happen and its just going to fade away. It's what Bioware deserves at this point.

Bioware is like the dog you are forced to give to your ex wife and every time you go visit, its health gets visibly worse and worse due to your ex wifes hatred for your best friend and her miscare and abuse, you can barely work up the courage to see your dog anymore, you load up the gun and the dog walks over to you and you tell it that everything will be okay before you put a bullet in its head.

>Ryder trilogy
I can't believe they were going to try to spin that garbage into more than one game.

I didn't need this

I didnt mind the graphics, I just wanted to fly around like iron man. Was good for like 5 hours but thats it. The Game is worth 5 bucks, not 60 or even more in gold edition and what not exists.

I'm really surprised EA didn't kill off Bioware after Anthem

>it was already released
What? I thought it was open beta test