What's with all the specifically anti-Valve/Steam and pro-Epic Games threads over the last 12 hours...

What's with all the specifically anti-Valve/Steam and pro-Epic Games threads over the last 12 hours? Is this some sort of big Discord server effort to sway board opinion?

Attached: share_steam_logo.png (512x512, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/miko_c_/with_replies
reddit.com/r/fuckepic/
youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
pcgamer.com/qwop-successor-getting-over-it-is-now-available-on-steam/
pcgamer.com/epic-boss-tim-sweeney-is-worth-nearly-dollar3-billion-more-than-gabe-newell-according-to-bloomberg/
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/1139027757122277376
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://gamefocus.co.kr/detail.php?number=94683
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's all just phoneposting consolefags

Lemme check.
*breathe in*
Free speech is a vital right because it allows you to criticise the actions of those who have power over you, and organise with your fellow peers to push back and resist being taken advantage of.
That is why Epic is bad - they try as hard as possible to prevent the free speech of their users. It's not about /pol/ or SJW, it's about users' freedom to push back against the developers' entitlement.
Developers refuse to listen to their customers, and developers force their own agenda, and get smug and haughty. Then, the developers think they can escape the consequences of these actions, and dodge responsibility for the anti-consumer bullshit they spout.
This just makes the developers less and less human over time, and more and more hostile to the gamers they rely on. It's not healthy for the developer, nor for the gamer.
And yet, Epic supports this. That is why the Epic store is bad.

If 3 people rapidly reply to this post in quick succession with social shaming and trying to frame the narrative in blatantly false ways, you'll know it's a Discord shill effort.
If not, then no, it's just regular posters stirring shit.

STEAM IS MINE

Attached: oh no no no no.png (634x582, 488K)

See: They know PCfags hate Epic so they shill for it. Which is funny because Epic is so bad they keep creating some absurd insane arguments, like for example that exclusivity is good for consumers.

Trolls that's what.

it literally is a single ultra autist that keeps ban evading, he likes to shit up specific games for example monster hunter threads.
the power of autism

G3AA6-YAN8J-J4D57

Attached: Steam.png (256x256, 42K)

It's been like this since EGS launched in December 2018.
This spam usually reaches its peak slightly before weekends. On usual days? One or two threads at max.
I also liked how quiet it was when there was a Tiananmen Square Massacre anniversary, really activated my almonds.
The thingy that activated my almonds with double the power? It's how quickly mods responded to the whole CB spam, two days.
Responding to EGS spam? Not in a fucking century.
Hiro, mods and jannies are on chink payroll. Move on, user. There's nothing you can do about it.

>over the last 12 hours
You mean over the last 8 months?

Sure, it comes and goes in waves, but Epic shills have been lowering the quality of this board since Epic started buying exclusives.

its a mix of trolls, actual people who think this, and people just caught in the flow.>G3AA6-YAN8J-J4D57
thanks for the based game bro

What was it

Valve had it coming for not releasing HL3.

storm area 51:cute alien girl edition

Contrarians

>Every person who wants Steam to fail is just salty about HL3 never happening
Making PC gaming getting worse for yourself is how you get back at Valve for not making a game?

A video game company that doesn't make video games is a video game company that deserves death.

It's easy bait. You retards keep replying.

Valve is a company that makes and continuously works on the biggest storefront on PC and the PC space would still probably be nearly dead had Valve not taken the mantle when all publishers were claiming PC was dead because everyone pirated

Valve still develops and updates CS:GO and Dota 2

>Valve still squeezes out CS:GO and Dota 2

Dota 2 is not a video game, being more akin to be a glorified cookie clicker simulator.

And even if it somehow was a video game, updating the game isn't the same as making a video game.

They have two interns working on CS:go, not sure about Dota. Only chinks and Russians play it anyway

mobile.twitter.com/miko_c_/with_replies
Asshurt turks.

Twitter tranny, huh?

>over the last 12 hours
Weeks or months more like.

People are slowly realasing that steam needs to die, epicchads are getting more powerfull by each passing day.

Valves DRM blows and they removed games you purchased and can't download any more.

>last 12 hours
they've been doing it for a year. It's another new 3 copypasta threads every month. And you say anything that isn't hateful of valve you're apparently fanboying gabe. Just stop giving attention to such threads.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x400, 50K)

I gotta hit my (you) quota.

They're shills, OP.

Attached: 1560905008193.jpg (1020x1024, 96K)

BASED

Attached: trashed.png (840x1073, 400K)

Its smart people trying to herd the zoomer sheep

As a lifelong pirate I'm an ardent supporter of epic because they bring console exclusives to pc. As for the steam vs epic battle, I don't care because I get the games either way.
Seething area below __________

There's only one record, Order of War: Challenge and, maybe, Minecraft: Story Mode.

epic spent 100 million $ marketing fortnite as an esport. dota 2 made 40 million with no marketing.

let them bleed money shilling their shit store, they'll soon run out at this rate.

>because they bring console exclusives to pc
Technically, besides Omen of Sorrow, they just pay to make the investments of Annapurna Interactive and Quantic Dream break even.

But it is zoomers, turkish zoomers.

>no marketing
>literally top on the free games list on steam
Its like saying an app that's pinned at the top of google play store does no marketing.
More than what the fat fuck does sweatie

Thrre have been anti valve threads for years, you fucking newfag.

i haven't even bought a game in the last 10 years i just love watching valve drones seethe, they're by far the easiest people to bait only nintendobabs even come close

Fuck off, Randy

People went from being tired of Valve's shit from losing hope into them as a company with all the recent failures. Can't blame them. I really feel that the sooner Gaben retires/dies, the better it will be for everyone. Valve needs a chad at the helm to discipline the employees and bring out new exciting projects, not some fat fuck that only cares about the International and selling hats.

Valve is beyond saving. Everyone at Valve need to die so Valve IPs can be given away to devs who actually give a shit.

Thanks for bumping this shitty thread. 90% of the 90s IPs are better off dead.

ching chong bing bong +30 social score
-50 for being on internet

And when Valve dies Epic controls the PC space, a company that actually doesn't care about the customer

>And when Valve dies Epic controls the PC space
Not really, you can always use GOG that's better than both, dumbass.

Having spent some hours, I can conclude:
It is not an organised response, it is likely to be local shitposters.

Better Epic controlling the PC space than Valve controlling the PC space AND actively ensuring that Valve IPs don't ever get support or new games.

mentally ill chinks, thats it

majority of their failures are low-budget cash grabs. hardly big losses

the fact they're doing cash grabs is the sadder thing, but if genres like autochess, battle royale, and card games are popular, you may as well toss a few bucks to get a quick game out

Why are you steamies so anti-competition? Maybe it's a good thing that Epic is doing here, did you ever think of that? Plus they give you free games (yes, games, more than one) every week now. What more do you gamers want?

Paid chinese posters for Tencent

>valve drones can't handle the bantz
LEL

Attached: 1556214906050.png (800x566, 495K)

GoG's not a good platform for most modern games, Steam being DRM in and of itself dissuades a lot of shittier ones from being put into constant use.

Actual autism.

>GoG's not a good platform for most modern games
That's a strange way of saying it's the best.
>Steam being DRM in and of itself dissuades a lot of shittier ones from being put into constant use.
The retardation of devs is not my problem, and especially not when it comes to indies that put their titles on Steam-only despite them being out on torrents a day or two later, literally forcing you to pirate. Look at Bloodstained - it released literally everywhere, and it did great. CDPR will STILL release Cyperpunk on Steam and Epic despite it being their own game. That should be the norm. Everyone else can eat shit and die.

>(you)

I guess we finally found the courage to admit that we were wrong. Breaking free from Gabe is kinda like leaving a cult. Now that we're out it's hard to accept that we ever were part of it, but at the time it seemed like every delusion was true and then some. Yep, it is kinda embarrassing that we got carried away and ended up literal drones for a company but now that we accept that's what happened and that we were wrong, we can finally move on.

Attached: 1547298939239.jpg (610x660, 76K)

except valve doesn't pay websites to advertise Dota 2. I have yet to see a single banner advertising this game, but on the other hand, I've seen a lot of ads for Fortnite, I'm pretty sure you could find some on PCgamer as we speak
marketing brings exposure, but exposure is not always synonymous of marketing

it's actual paid shills.

Here they just bomb with "ironic threads" (because they know anons are going to follow the shitpost), in other places (like Resetera) they use the victim route.

EPIC actually is wasting money in this, aside buying games sites and "personalities"

Attached: 1440200528875.jpg (1440x810, 425K)

The devs of some shit game have been acting like complete assholes to potential customers after Epic scooped them up and they no longer need to worry about actual sales money anymore, Tim himself endorsed their utterly unprofessional and insulting behavior. So you're just seeing the reignition of the whole Steam vs Epic shit around here now there's new ammo. Personally I don't see how anyone other than the most braindead of normies or most (you) addicted contrarian shitposter here could defend Epic or the devs or any of it.

Iunno about this. Not to brag but I'm a pretty big deal here on Yea Forums and no one, not even Epic, has offered to pay me for my opinions.

Most boomers never felt this way since they hated Steam from the fucking start. I am never going to forget that ugly green turd Gaben made me smear across my screen. I used to at least use Steam as my go-to IMing service, but they managed to ruin the Steamchat UI as well, just like they destroyed the Dota 2 UI. They have no idea what they're doing.

literally this

Attached: DRUMP.jpg (602x535, 51K)

Sweeney gave me more free games.

I wouldn't mind Steam if it wasn't by the Facebook-tier shit. The worst thing is that GOG.com is developing that shit too.

>CDPR will STILL release Cyperpunk on Steam and Epic despite it being their own game.
Because they know that GOG.com doesn't has enough marketshare.

every step against steam is a good step for gaming and for Yea Forums

Attached: oak-tree-sunset-iStock-477164218-1080x608 (1).jpg (1080x608, 115K)

Steam is the non official official store of PC. When any third worlder downloads steam he immediately goes to the free games list. Dota 2 is at top of that list.
That shit is worth any third party website ad that usually gets filtered by adblock anyway.
Man sometimes it feels like Im here with children who I must spoonfeed anything that is slightly harder to understand.

>Because they know that GOG.com doesn't has enough marketshare.
Please, dude, they're releasing it on PS4 and Xbone, and nobody has a bone to pick with GOG, nor are CDPR the insane retards that do anything to maximize profits. Most of their sales will be on console, and most of he people that like their games on PC either already use GOG or wouldn't have a problem doing it. They're doing so because they don't want the negativity of refusing to sell their game to people that want it, which is the right move.

Epic is our weapon against the evil that is Valve, and based Tim will slay the monstrous creature called Gabe. Gabe will be punished for his heinous sins against us by Tim's hands.

>They're doing so because they don't want the negativity of refusing to sell their game to people that want it, which is the right move.
Valve, Epic Games, Ubisoft and Electronic Arts certainly don't give a fuck about said negativity.

Top of the list you say?

Attached: topofthelist.png (1179x1184, 1.2M)

>a 10 year old game isn't on top of the new release list
Epic BTFO

Dont @ me again child Im done with you.

Attached: Steam_Ds0klPuoZg.png (645x301, 102K)

now go to topselling like a normal human being

Now try opening a brand new steam account in a third world country.

it's still not marketing Dota 2, otherwise they would actively be promoting the game left and right. the fact that you even need to think about third worlders to find a counter argument when they're clearly not the majority of Steam users kinda proves me right

>top of the list
>isn't at the top

>gamers rise up against steams monopoly
>muh discord shit
Too predictable drone, way too predictable.

It still isn't top of the list champ.

>Valve
Because they have a monopoly, infinite money, and Gaben doesn't give a shit.
>Epic Games
Because they have quasi-infinite money.
>Ubisoft
They already release their games on their own service so that's fine, at least it doesn't force you to use Epic/Steam.
>Electronic Arts
I think they're way past that point, m8.
CDPR is the most beloved PC dev right now despite their fuck-ups with the mod kit/downgrade, and I'm pretty sure they like it that way.

>The retardation of devs is not my problem,
It is when you're a retard yourself and can only think of video-game publishers in terms of Stallman "free as in free beer". Games aren't DRM-free because developers and publishers don't want them to be DRM-free, they'd be more likely to go to Epic than to GoG if Steam died one day.

I'm not currently logged in and I'm in Australia so close enough.

t. deluded retard that somehow thinks dota killed rts/stole his friends

>Because they have a monopoly
>goes on to list competing stores

Please don't use words if you don't know the meaning of them.

>what is cs go
>same category as dota
are you mentally deluded ?

Neither happened. Personally I despise Dota for not only being populated solely by degenerate critters, but also taking attention away from Half-Life.

Are you? You said it was top of the list, not only is it anywhere prominent on the free to play page it isn't even top of the list under the other tabs as you so stated. You're wrong, you even provided your own picture proof, don't double down and just be quiet already.

Chinks are paying them to shill their spyware

I was not that user but dota and cs go are the same in valves eyes you fucking moron

Oh, so because it doesn't fit some autistic criteria it isn't a monopoly, you stupid nigger? Let's go back to 2012-2017 and see how many games released on Steam versus other distributors. Literally go fuck yourself, I'm done replying to low IQ drone posts.

>valve shill trying to """normalize""" his steam spyware trash
Go make another tranny post on your social cancer steamblog, faggot.

Dota 2 ruined killed Valve.

Reminder that GOG.com doesn't even bothers to make some basic networking programming to at least offer some barebone online multiplayer for DRM-free builds of AAA games despite RakNet being completely open source. Their servers would fail with an AAA game.

Very based. I'd argue Steam users are even worse than Epic shills, because while the latter are corporate slaves, the former are always attention-seeking trannies.

>versus other distributors.

Please list these other distributors that even existed then. Valve was the only one trying back in the mid to late 2000s and GOG was still entirely focused on old games

>muh half-life

Except that GOG has no business doing that and that was never the stated intent of the store. They aren't trying to be another version of Steam. You want multiplayer games, get fucking Hamachi or set up a server.

Epic shills doing their usual tactics, including reversing the claims by saying that steam is the spyware instead of the epic games launcher

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-03 v - Video Games » Thread #469391008.png (823x113, 7K)

Exactly, dumbass. Every fucking game that released was on Steam. Are you fucking dumb?

Real talk, why doesn't Epic just buy Valve/Steam and get it over with?

So, you buy in GOG.com basically to get the worst versions of games? Nice.

Both. Are. Shit. Or you honestly too stupid to pirate, or what's your problem?

steam trannies not even fucking once

Attached: 1564843748393.png (731x767, 261K)

Mine are DRM-free
*somebody drags-and-drops a steam crack into their game's folder*
NO NO NO NO NO NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING GOG WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE AS IN FREEDOM NO NO NO NO NO NO NON ON ON NO O NON ON ON ONO NO NO N

battle.net and games for windows live
and others like MMO's weren't but you don't say shit about that

Attached: 1556333068148.jpg (126x126, 4K)

Gabe Newell won't sell.
Steam makes a lot of money.
He likes the negative press. It's like Notch.

Because Gabe is a greedy cunt. Gabe needs to removed from Valve no matter what it takes.

>no drm
>no installing of another third party service required of any kind
>worst version
Keep seething, retarded drone, while GOG keeps winning.

i might like anime but i think any faggot who uses an anime avatar on anything should be shot
they are a cancer that i actively discriminate against

gaben will literally sell steam soon, epic is one of the potential candidates to take the offer

>games for windows live
The vast majority of GFWL were sold in Steam, tho.

You know that is possible to get online multiplayer on DRM-free games, right?

>Their servers would fail with an AAA game
Despite popular misconception, Steam doesn't run their own servers.

Online multiplayer on DRM-free games would mean something if many of them actually provided it. Of course it's possible.

I was there when this was first posted, literally yikes. You know that these same faggots would be drooling all over going to Epic because it's the "new" thing if it offered some 3D avatars for them to dress up or whatever. Literal Second Life tier subhumans.

>People shit on Steam while shilling for the EGS which is worse
I don't get it

Steam is cancer, EGS is relatively harmless.

You don't need third party shit to make a simple online multiplayer, as I said.

So, you agree they don't bother to make it out of laziness.

Blizzard had like two games that they themselves made and the only GFWL game I can think of right now is Gears, which who the fuck even played. You can find small titles wherever you look, I mean most MMOs weren't on Steam either, nor is League. But the reality is, Steam had a total monopoly over distribution for a long, long time.

every step against steam is a good step, now fuck off faggot

Why would they when their distributor would handle it free of charge? Steam has a shit-ton of upshots nobody likes mentioning.

>vast majority bought GFWL from steam mid 2000s

THEY WERE ALSO SOLD PHYSICALLY IN STORES WHERE YOU BOUGHT A KEY ON A PIECE OF PAPER WITH YOUR CD

also BATTLE.NET was a thing and same with MANY MMO's also hosting themselves yet no one mentions that shit when they say steam has a monopoly on games

Attached: 9s logical hoops.png (444x604, 238K)

>>You don't need third party shit to make a simple online multiplayer, as I said.
I would rather they not be involved in general since people can come up with their own solutions. Literally every GOG game that has mulltiplayer has at least one review that spoonfeeds you on what to do, stop being retarded please, and if you're just this lazy then go and rot with Epic and Valve like the corporate cocksucker that you are.

They made shartifact and autochess
as much as I hate it that's still two games you faggot

>Why would they when their distributor would handle it free of charge?
Epic Games and the dev of Stardew Valley certainly don't mind.

These two cannot be considered video games you fucking retard.

>They made shartifact and copied autochess
stopped here

You have to actually logically explain how current-day Steam is terrible and how the EGS is a good alternative

>THEY WERE ALSO SOLD PHYSICALLY IN STORES WHERE YOU BOUGHT A KEY ON A PIECE OF PAPER WITH YOUR CD
I know, I just said that the majority of Games for Windows LIVE games were available on Steam.

Literally paid shills. If they are willing to pay millions to get some shitty indie as an exclusive, they sure as shit are willing to pay some sad nerd a couple hundred to shill here.

>Video game isn't a video game because I don't like it

>TOTAL MONOPOLY OVER DISTRIBUTION
>yet others can still distribute

>half life even has a console game
>but they only ever release steam games on PC

>multiple game use GFWL which is absolutely trash that people just avoided it
>only gears was on it i think ;^)

yeah, having a top spot on the market is the exact same as monopoly guys, thats why other people can still make money in this market

all shitposts mang, don't even try

Attached: 1556893761859.png (640x666, 598K)

current day steam is cancer and needs to die, its even worse than old steam (before gaben the fatfuck literally destoryed the pc market and abandoned developing)

>I would rather they not be involved in general since people can come up with their own solutions
Those solutions still require some degree of native multiplayer capacity, at least with LAN. GOG builds don't even have that.

>>yeah, having a top spot on the market is the exact same as monopoly guys
It's not only a top spot when over 90% of games are on your platform and when devs are forced to use it, you dumb defensive drone.

You just repeated yourself with more words without giving actual reasons why current-day Steam is shit

>Gabe destroyed PC market.
>Not shifty-dog chewing the remote who abandoned PC for more than 10 years.
Now this is hella ep*c.

epic shills got paid again

Fuck Valve.

UE was great though, Source was/is dogshit that went out of its way to kill games (VtM:B comes to mind)

Yeah and call of duty games are the same game every year but people still like them
They're games whether you like it or not.
Fortnite battle royale is considered "a game" not including the other gamemode that was originally planned.
Which reminds me in that case that csgo battle royale is also a thing.
Valve also said that there's supposed to be a third game coming soon as well.
Valve makes games and dismissing games because "they copied" it from somewhere else isn't really an argument because that'd mean overwatch isn't its own game either and neither are many other games.

What do game engines have to do with stores

>devs being forced to use the main distribution platform which has gained consumer base from being there at the start, despite all its fuck ups

nigger, if you want to be apart of the base for free advertising then you have to follow the house rules, otherwise you can fuck off, and that isn't the game industries fault, that's just capitalism

Attached: 1545716821847.jpg (600x600, 194K)

>muh bantz
why do chink shills use this to act like complete niggers

>abandoned pc gaming
>what is unreal
>the engine that literally saved pc gaming because it was jack shit easy to port great games from consoles to pc
go play with your fake dick tranny and wait for source 2
its filled with trannies, forces indies out with the 30% cut, filled with lootbox bullshit, filled with trash games

>actually implying some shitty mobile cashgrab games slapped together in a few days are comparable to a real game like overwatch regardless of its quality
The ABSOLUTE STATE of drones.

Attached: hearthstone is dead.png (772x507, 243K)

are you mentally disabled ?
>abandoned PC for more than 10 years.
drone not even once, can not even fucking read, you guys are literally bots

Obvious smearing campaign. Guess who the culprits might be.

Ah yes ports. I too remember when the PC was a dumping ground for shitty unoptimized PC ports. Really the greatest of times.
Do us a favor and kill yourself.

you can literally play save the world steam drone stop lying and keep sucking gabens dick, fortnite is literally one perhaps the best game right now that shows how you make a free to play game with quality content without lootbox bullshit

>hmmm
>what has Yea Forums been against lately
>trannies! i'll just call steam users trannies!
>that'll make Yea Forums hate steam and join the right side of history: the Epic side!

Attached: k sez kys.png (1022x792, 430K)

yes I remember the days ( and its still going) where steam litarally killed the pc market and created a multiplatform cum dumb platform for the bug publisher, btw subhuman trash you mixed up ue3 games with gta dogshit and nvdia bait

>furrynigger
>a steamtard

Attached: 1564844423259.png (1154x855, 475K)

This is true, in the 90s PCs and consoles had very different exclusive games and genres. Now, all platforms get the same shit dumbed to the lowest common denominator.

>tons of evidence of gabe's mismanagement going back two decades
>obvious smear campaign
How fucking stupid are trannies?

>Steam had a total monopoly over distribution for a long, long time.
>total monopoly

someone post that pic

>litarally
Are you a chink or a pajeet on Ebin's payroll?

>Steam is terrible because they don't decide who gets to sell on their store arbitrarily

Way to out yourselves as corporatist retards who need your stores to tell you what to buy

like clockwork

Except for the fact that it's a known fact that only trannies use steam. A degenerate platform for degenerate scum.

But most drones are all trannies and furry niggers. Dotafags barely post in these types of threads, they're too busy playing, and the vast majority of them couldn't give less of a fuck about Steam.

uh oh look out more furry shit

Attached: uhoh.jpg (1280x874, 139K)

Are you having a fucking stroke?
How did steam kill the PC market? I'm pretty sure the dark ages were caused by developers (like epic) completely abandoning PC. Half-assed ports era was fucking awful.

>astolfo
>touhou
>can't even spell 'a lot' on his fucking main entry
Steamtrannies are the lowest IQ people on this board.

Chads use EGS, trannies use Steam. A simple fact of life that only delusional retards would deny.

Who does, then?

Attached: 1555360692684.png (215x155, 55K)

something something being stupid on purpose attracts actual stupid people

No shit, steam being populated solely by trannies attracts trannies.

I don't use Steam and I don't have an EGS account. What am I?

a 3rd party company. it's literally on the websites info area. read a book chink scum

oh no it has tranny derangement syndrome

Attached: 1546064367375.gif (395x512, 478K)

>boomer
GOG
>chad
EGS
>based
Steam but only using stolen keys
>tranny
Steam

reminder that epic unironically paid money for this piece of shit

Attached: 1564694991019.jpg (597x634, 69K)

>"NO COLLUSION" says increasingly nervous shill for the nth time
Gabe being incompetent at managing his shit does not mean that Epic isn't obviously pushing for anti-valve shilling on diverse platforms

>i think being a large nigger is based and chad
ftfy

>Cloud save functionality for all of two games
>No universal controller support
>Epic gets to decide which third party stores get to sell their keys (and those third-party stores like GMG and Fanatical will probably die off from Epic's 12% take if they succeed so goodbye cheap games)
>Normalized the shitty-ass concept of buying storefront exclusivity of games the store had no hand in developing
>Backend so trash they have to still manually add games to the store
>Still no achievements or a goddamn shopping cart for 6+ months

Anybody who actually supports the Epic Store is just trolling

>People still unironically praise valve as some gods

cringe and yikespilled

Anyone who supports Steam is just a tranny.

It's not anti-Valve shilling, stupid drone, the same people hate Epic just as much. If Gaben didn't want everyone besides trannies, thirdies, and poorfags to lose his favor he shouldn't have made Artifact and turned CS into hats. People that support nu-Valve should be gassed like the indoctrinated subhuman vermin that they are. Enjoy leveling up your profile, tranny, it's only a matter of time until Epic puts up some avatar shit of their own and you switch sides to better attention-whore.

NOOOOOOOOOOO I CANT PLAY THE GAME UNLESS I GET THEM THROUGH A SHOPPING CART

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 62K)

>achievements

Attached: 2.jpg (625x626, 45K)

Based and redpilled chad cis anti-SJWs surrender their personal information to the insectoids.

Hooo, poor little faggot is triggered by faggots wearing dresses. Poooor littlle booooy. C'me here, let me kick you in the balls to teach you how to be a real man, sweetie!

>achievements
For what reason?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY TRADING CARDSSSSS!!!!!!

Attached: 1487066137915s.jpg (225x224, 8K)

>>Still no achievements
Quite literally a pro for me, try again. I hope they never add achievements to keep trannies seething.
>oh no how can i prove that i actually like video games and avoid playing them daily i need my achievements!!!
kys please
seriously please please please kys
ty

i actually like achievements. it gives me something extra to do in game and can help guide me to content i may not have found on my own

I don’t have anything with steam but I hate Rockstar for forcing me to update to play single player. Now all my mods are gone

Hey man I don't care about them, but that's some basic-ass shit that any starting out PC platform should have. Goddamn Origin, UPlay and GOG Galaxy have them

Yeah, because you're fucking retarded.

>tranny tranny tranny
Nice arguments here, shill. You sure showed them!

The "dark ages" were caused by the 360 being far more powerful at far lower cost than PCs. This basically left the PC for niche genres which required K/M.

The PC gaming revival was part Steam and part down to the 360-era lasting so long that even cheap PCs destroyed the consoles.

>Quite literally a pro for me, try again.

You know you can disable achievement notifications (and any notifications) for Steam right?

Valve are disgusting subhuman scumbags who deserve death.

Attached: 1741271732.jpg (1913x2457, 2.84M)

I dislike epic but people are delusional if they think valve is any better, shows how much a sunk cost fallacy people can get stuck it

ok. nice argument i guess. still like them though

How do you disable card drop notifications? I'm sick of that shit.

>i actually like being brain-damaged and having no thoughts of my own
>> help guide me to content
Yeah, like the hard difficulty in the menu. WOOOOW, WHAT A DIFFICULT FIND. Or getting those 100 collectibles, holy fuck, how else could have I made myself do a pointless task made for actual fucking retards for 10h if not for a shiny icon as a reward? Imagine considering that 'content.'
God, drones are so SO SO fucking unbearably stupid.

Attached: 1561635535909.jpg (986x681, 120K)

>defensive over being called out
dilate

>you know you can disable achievement notifications
Yet not achievements themselves, which continue to linger next to every game and on every person's profile. No thanks, achievements are pure garbage and one of the few cases where fewer options are indeed better because one option is fucking retarded.

Why is there no image of the most based man in the video game industry dabbing

I never played online mode and all the updates are for that, I only play single player with mods

There isnt a single steam shill in this thread that can match my years of service.
The EGS is not spyware, you're just making yourself look technologically retarded by spouting that shit.
"Exclusive" means fucking nothing when the launcher is free.
I want to believe that people crying about "m-m-muh achievements", "m-m-muh profile" and "m-m-m-muh hours played" are just joking but i know that they arent. None of that shit means anything, have you ever once considered just playing fucking video games for the sake of playing fucking video games?

I feel like the majority of people screaming about Epic are laptop players that migrated from console and are just too fucking new and stupid to know any better.

Attached: years of service.jpg (488x302, 71K)

>which continue to linger next to every game and on every person's profile.

If you're the kind of person that has an autism attack the moment they even see the existence of achievements, I'm straining to believe that you're somehow also the kind of person that would look at other people's profiles

>reddit.com/r/fuckepic/
which one of you are behind this?

>all these epic shills

Attached: telephoneknife.png (942x548, 589K)

Cool do I get to now say you're a faggot?

Attached: Profile.jpg (358x293, 21K)

That's it, anyone who supports Valve or Steam are cancer. No ifs, not buts. You're cancer if you ever say anything even remotely positive about Valve.

you're awfully pushy about using the egs

Attached: 1556545289041.png (183x211, 44K)

>no date

steam sales

he came to a thread that makes him angry. of course he looks at random profiles and seethes that someone got all achievements on a game

Nice photoshop, fuck off Valvetranny.

Steam is fine, faggot.

Attached: fag.png (270x75, 9K)

nah, they just know about people who have stockholme syndrome for their DRM launcher. It. will sell more on steam than GoG.

Both are ass in their own way.

Steam would be fine if it wasn't stagnating to fuck while taking a huge 30% and Valve puts all their resources on bullshit no-one wants.

Plus Valve hasn't done enough to be pro-consumer. They should have used their influence to ban user-hostile shit like mandatory 3rd party logins and invasive DRM schemes years ago while they had enough clout. They needed to do an E3 conference to support developers and entrench themselves. They needed to work out how to design the store to maximise everyone's interests (from Valve's to users to businersses from small indies/large indies/AA/AAAs). They needed to fix their client so it worked better than a list of fucking items etc etc. They needed to figure out how to make users and developers/publishers happier.

Instead, it feels like they sit on their ass and do very little for their cash while doing very little communication with anyone.

>their DRM launcher

But Steam isn't inherently DRM. There are games that you download from Steam that can be played straight from the files on your computer. Thus, Steam can't be inherently DRM otherwise that wouldn't be possible

A Chinese competitor with shady business practices establishes itself.
Suddenly the main competition gets tons of anecdotal hate-stories, bad publicity, negative posts.
Really makes you think?????

>a huge 30%

Oh yes that huge 30% take for Steam while doing more than Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Apple or Google (who all take the same amount), and 30% certainly is terrible compared to that much better 50% that used to be for physical

>If you're the kind of person that has an autism attack the moment they even see the existence of achievements
Of course, they're an artificial way of forcing you to extend playtime, and they're as predatory as cash shops. Of course anyone wants to get achievements, because you're wired to do so, that's exactly why they're so bad and need to be removed. The entire system on Steam is cancerous and made to ensure you spend as much time on the platform as you can, whether it's to get achievements, inflate your playtime count, or level up your profile, and so on. That's exactly why I do not use Steam anymore and never will.
> I'm straining to believe that you're somehow also the kind of person that would look at other people's profiles
???

Valve has infinite money and the monopoly, they have no excuse to take more than 10%.

>That's exactly why I do not use Steam anymore and never will.
>I don't use Steam because of things I can disable from Steam and never see once unless I'm actively looking for them

Never said anything about using it.
If theres a game on it you want to play, use it.
If there isnt, dont.
Its that simple, no amount of fucking screaming and coming up with retarded shitpost theories is going to change that.
Its "fine", but it shouldnt be. It should be much better than fine, but it isnt.
We've been waiting on the UI update for around 8 years, yet they only show it off when Epic starts moving.
Early Access is entirely Valves fault, instead of just saying "no, this is a shitty idea" they wanted to take market share away from Kickstarter.
Steam Greenlight was the reason we werent filled to the brim with absolute shit, yet they shitcanned it because they refused to properly moderate it and the bot votes.
Workshop is still a dumpster fire.

the steam one will use steamworks as most steam games do. You also can not install a steam game without using the launcher. I think CDPR should use Denuvo on the EGS/Steam releases just to fuck with people.

>i can disable achievements for myself and everyone else using steam
ok

oh so your the type of person that only plays the main story and no side quest. after all side quest are artificial ways of extending play time and are predatory

>monopoly
youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

>is gonna get called a tranny by Epic shills in 3,2...

>getting mad about achievements

Attached: 1558334769669.jpg (800x1000, 263K)

>shady
You keep saying this without ever elaborating what the fuck you mean.

i dont see why anyone would give epic your credit card. I get emails to often about someone trying to login to my account also fuck the beta boy ceo tim

>and everyone else using steam

You said yourself that profiles are fucking stupid, so why would you be looking at other people's profiles and seeing their achievements?

>t.

Attached: 95c.png (430x241, 109K)

>hasnt played tf2

Chinks are literally the Jews of the east, user.

Rate my Steam library Yea Forums

Attached: steam1.jpg (385x2844, 279K)

They are not customers, they are just a bunch of whiny retards who like Gabe's dick.

It's because it's funny. You niggers get triggered incredibly hard by certain things. Have sex

Thats not elaborating what they've done thats "shady"

i'll give you $20 for it

>supporting valve
Throw yourself into a furnace.

t.

Attached: 1538725138551.jpg (1022x1024, 112K)

>celeste

should i support epic

>buy a ubisoft game on steam
>have to use steam to play it even though it still uses uplay
>buy a ubisoft game on epic
>it activates on your uplay account so you can launch it through uplay without using the epic store again
I wonder which one is more "shady"

Attached: 1554615790403.gif (256x256, 374K)

Shills and shitposting. Part of it is certainly paid shills. You think that Epic is spending hundreds of millions in purchasing games, but won't spend $50 to get somebody to spam a bunch of popular social media websites?

As for shitposting, people have seen that nobody likes the Epic shills so they pretend to be shills just to get responses. It's the same shitposting as every other day, Epic is just the most popular topic.

Also, the latest autist meme got wordfiltered so those people are probably spamming Epic instead just to be obnoxious.

SO many old cheap games but no real games

You forgot to call him a tranny, chinkshill

What's wrong with it? Tell me.

of coulse
prease instarr epic stole

what are "real games"?
Is Dungeons of Dredmor old?
Is ballisticNG old?

>using uplay, ever
>giving money to ubisoft
Nah

Literal tranny game

If you really can't put 2 and 2 together here, you're hopeless.

More details please. I beat it and it just game me a hard platformer with some story about depression or some shit.
Also dont include "muh artstyle" as an excuse

Doesnt change the fact

Calling Steam a monopoly instead of what it is which is a Market Leader is an easy way to tell who fell for the Timmy Tencents lies.

Attached: 1519333872901.png (285x323, 206K)

MODERATORS, HEAR MY CRY
"C UMBRAIN" WAS FILTERED THE VERY MOMENT IT APPEARED ON Yea Forums
GRANT ME THE STRENGTH NECESSARY TO EXCISE A GREAT EVIL
ALLOW ME TO SPAM "TRANNY" ALL ACROSS Yea Forums TO FORCE YOUR DIVINE HAND, AND PURGE THESE SLOTHFUL, INDOLENT, LAZY MEMES ONCE AND FOR ALL

Attached: 1537149935800.png (889x768, 395K)

Funny, a decade ago everyone claimed PC gaming is finished but valve stuck by it and now PC gaming is blooming with previously unthinkable games like Yakuza coming to steam. Yet it's still valve's fault according to shills and numale soiboi journalists for everything and anything

>when 15 year olds flock the boards

It's the same cut but Valve does far far less than those others as they're not developing/selling/marketing hardware or an OS.

The fact that their % cut are exactly the same as the console makers when console manufacturers are notoriously utter bastards says a lot, and hiding behind "it's a standard cut" doesn't answer it - Valve simply doesn't do enough for their money.

That's why developers are leaving Steam. The biggest publisher can offer something similar at a much smaller cut. Smaller developers are getting far more out of another player. Valve is stuck in the middle - they take a big cut and don't do a lot to earn it.

Valve should be doing E3 conferences, buying/funding developers, doing advertising, providing marketing support etc.

Comparing it to the inherently higher manufacture and distribution overheads of physical products doesn't make it reasonable either - that simply made Steam an easy sell to publishers in 2009 but has zero baring on the costs or the value add of the service.

Please no

People are obsessed with the word "monopoly", one that has multiple definitions. It creates a viseral response, and people often selectively defined in a way to make a monopoly de facto impossible.

Why not just go back to the way it used to be where companies never communicated with fans and we didn't even know what they were doing until a game was announced or released?

>Hasn't made a game their fans want since they don't care about them
>Makes a card game to try to get as much money as possible and flops
>Hasn't bothered to improve their engine to help developers
>Developes cringe stuff like controllers and VR headsets that flop
>Has market and trading cards made so they can make even more money from their games
>Has 30% cut when they don't need to at all
>Constantly fuck up their updates in tf2,cs:go and dota 2
>Bend their ass to appeal the chinese in dota 2 scene
>Has a skeleton crew working on dota 2 to make like 3 updates a year, all meant to sell lootboxes
>put tf2 on life support when it stopped being insanely profitable
>Instead of trying to show their skill as the game developers who made half life they instead decide to copy auto chess since it has following, is getting people hooked before unloading lootboxes
>has worst customer support in the video game industry

Why do we love valve again?

no

This. Valve being shit at managing projects or reviving ots IP's doesn't magically makes it not the leader in pc gaming distribution anymore.
Epic shills are too obvious

>over the last 12 hours
More like for the last 2-3 months
Epic shills, corporate cocksuckers & butthurt indie devs are hellbent on trying to topple valve - but they know they can't because the service is just so much better than the competitors that the users are willing to use their DRM, often people choose Steam even if they could have it without DRM for the same price or cheaper, because steam is just so much more convenient thanks to controller support & cloud saving

>epic
>made fucking fortnite for money to give to devs to make their own forced monopoly
mono = 1

because they don't indirectly take money from the CPC

>a decade ago everyone claimed PC gaming is finished
2009 saw the release of a game that was PC exclusive and completely changed gaming as a whole, yet it wasnt on Steam.
You forgot to add
>created early access
to the list

Attached: DCP.jpg (1614x2208, 3.28M)

>when grown men get jollies from repeating a word over and over like a 15 year old

Remember to never listen to indie Devs they don't know what they want and they create their own problems.

Attached: 1564779973091.png (685x4460, 730K)

>league of lesbians
lmao

You liked seeing Diablo Immortal being suddenly announced instead of a real game, I presume

gog is better but the owners even outright say that the other stores are not gog's competition, piracy is. They make their games effortless to pirate so that's what they have to combat, not other sellers.

PC gaming was inevitably gonna bloom without Valve's involvement. The problem is that Valve tainted PC gaming and prevented it from truly blooming.

created lootboxes too

okay
name some things that wouldve bloomed without steam

>vulvadrone filtered to pcbros
wtf bros!

>Keep saying
It's my first post, idiot.
>Elaborating
Define shady
>Oh I disagree with your definition
Here's the Werriam-Webster, fucking moron
>Oh, I see that, but you can technically make it seem like [...]
Yes, but that's irrelevant
>Wow, why so angry / why do you keep dibbling in semantics, we should focus on the bigger issues
You started, cunt.

>Imagine unironically paying money for games

see

I like my selection of games on steam.

How is Epic pro-competition when they make sure they're the only one that can sell it? It's literally fighting a monopoly with a monopoly, it's no different from what Origin does (though at least Origin limits it to the games they themselves publish), the only actual solution is tear it all down and devs all sell their shit themselves.

user you are under the effect of sunk cost fallacy

>corporate cocksuckers
the only corporate cocksuckers here are the vulvadrones

You are right
I used that word again
so sowwy I made a fucky wucky

Welcome to ten years ago, gamer.

just like the epic corporation

Game was objectively fucking massive and the reason most people still played on PC, let alone creating the esports boom and the live game boom.

How do we get from this

Attached: ef89940ae236158ef67ce9d64d1caa5078bf7287dd151309b1c8a5c578a24b09_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 33K)

PC users and Steam users are clearly not corporate cocksuckers because they vehemently refuse to eat up a shitty service like epic.
It doesn't matter how many exclusives they hoard or how many free games they give, if an autists mind is set, it won't bend from mere bribery, blackmailing or accusations.

At least when you buy the gog version of a game, it'll still work when gog dies. It'll work when the internet itself dies. And I didn't even have to pay for it

Don't get me wrong, I'm not beyond the idea of installing another launcher to get other games, but I simply have no incentive to do so.

to this

Attached: tencent_logo.jpg (1000x562, 94K)

tell me steambros why can't steam be like GoG when it comes to DRM

>making pc game exclusive on your shitty launcher
no thanks

It's not DRM if I like the guy who owns my games/balls.

Why the fuck do people treat Epic games as some underdog when they're richer and greedier than fucking steam? If Epic actually fucking made a good store we wouldn't be having this conversation but they're too fucking greedy and lazy to actually fucking improve their shit. Its fucking asinine.

Attached: 1558128832116.jpg (547x692, 75K)

if we're talking about chinese dicksucking then take a look at dota 2 scene where valve is willing to screw over players like Kuku to appeal to chinese audience

Reminder you can just use both or neither so elitism is retarded. Steam is better and has more games than epic while epic has has unreal.
Nobody gives a fuck if you use steam or epic or both just make threads about video games.

Given how Valve is worse than Epic, steam users are frankly cancer.

I genuinely don't care about drm's

Obvious shills are obvious

this is your brain on gabenpill

This

>while taking a huge 30%
I have to ask, why do you give a shit about that? I'm not a developer and I'm guessing neither are you. Why care if they fuck over devs as long as what I pay hasn't changed? Their problems are not my problem.

>clearly not corporate cocksuckers because they vehemently refuse to eat up a service like epic
Most people are using Epic, though.
The only people complaining about Epic are people that vehemently defending Steam, and they're doing so out of blind allegiance or false information.

Steam is just as bad as Epic. I don't even own my games what's the point. Next thing you know they'll pull out a consolefaggotry and ban you from your own games due to "Hate speech".

Attached: 1564208082181.png (454x520, 6K)

Yes if Epic games had shopping cart and trading cards there would be no threads bashing them

>and greedier than fucking steam?
Which one introduced Early Access?
I dont think it was Epic.

IMPROVE YOUR FUCKING STORE AND I WILL USE IT
Do I need to speak Chinese to get it across your stinky chinky brain?

Attached: 1558172163818.png (558x540, 126K)

But they are, the only difference is DRM is optional
>but there should be no DRM
Well then you're a hopeless retard if you think anything like that is remotely possible with most publishers.

If I can choose who gets (more) money I will choose the dev over some fat fuck. Until recently I couldn't choose and therefore I didn't care but now I can in some cases. Why shouldn't I care?

>muh more money per sale at the cost of the most basic of seller/buyer etiquettes!
>muh free money from Tim!
He's gonna give me lots of money! Of course Tim's better hadoop doop!

Whatever gets me more money in the end, knowumsayin? And I promise I won't do a 180 the very moment Tim fucks over devs too. I *promise*!

Attached: 1529966598526.jpg (763x771, 60K)

1. China's growth and liberalisation made the PC and mobile games market massive there, while still limiting Western businesses selling directly in China, resulting an Tencent becoming massive
2. Unreal Engine becomes the biggest console games engine at a time when games are trending towards using standardised engines.

1 means Tencent have a shitload of cash to spend and 2 makes Epic an obvious fit for them to invest in.

>30% IS TOO MUCH
>BECAUSE
>UH
>UH
>UHHH
>TIM SAID SO!!!!

REMEMBER LADS EPIC DOES WHAT NINTE... er.... STEAMDON'T

You can buy games and you can play them, what the fuck more do you want? Are you unable to play games unless you get trading cards to sell on market for 1 cent

Tim Sweeney is richer than Gabe Newell, but I think Valve generates more profit than Epic Games. Of course, most of the money Valve gets goes to R&D like VR and gaming in a meme OS.

Happy indie devs having more money makes them more likely to do better sequels to games you liked in the future, by virtue of being able to live off their business. Does not apply to AAA big studio's stuff, obviously.

expenive shit

>Timmy would never lie would he!

Attached: Sweeney_lying.jpg (1158x1065, 189K)

That problem would've ironically been avoided if they never had to deal with fans, if they never had to rationalize their decisions on-stage and answer questions. If it was just an ad in a magazine like in the old days with no way of contacting them or voicing your issues, it would've gone over better.

>because tim said so
Because every Indie that refused to launch on Steam and every other AAA studio said so.
Also, because i said so. Valve makes a completely asinine amount of money off Steam yet they've yet to improve the client in like 10 years. The chat update was a laggy piece of shit for like two weeks, and that was in the pipeline for longer than some of you faggots have been alive.

Lol what the fuck do you think is gonna happen if valve had no drm, you think publishers would pull their games off steam and have it exclusive on their own website?

>Most people are using Epic
Provide proofs of your claims

If they don't like the cut, they can sell the game outside of Steam.

All he does is lie.

Attached: 1557852897737.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

Look at all the autists in the thread that refuse to buy games that arent on steam, they would lose shit tons of money

They're still making more on Steam so the theory doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

DMC collection is $30
are you saying I should shell out $60 for mario sports superstars also

Why not? Having 0 anti-piracy measures didn't destroy the Dreamcast, it was a lack of games coming to the west.

Why do people critizise epic for appealing to the chinese but valve gets a pass in the dota scene

China will invade us through this. This is just the beginning.

I don't care that much.

But it's important because Valve doing very little while taking a lot explains why tons of devs and publishers are hopping off the Steam train and onto EGS or their own stores.

If Valve did very little and took very little then developers/publishers wouldn't care as much (by the time you've dealt with cards and downloads then is it worth it to save 5%?), andif Valve did a lot and took a lot then developers/publishers would grumble but see a justification for it (ala the hardware manufacturers).

Not him but pretty much everyone who has researched it concluded that piracy killed it.

Satisfactory sold 500,000 at launch despite being on Epic, Metro Exodus is also the best selling game in the series despite its controversy.

What if I want all my games at one place? I have steam since 2008, epic is just too late in the party for me.

Attached: 284475.jpg (225x349, 30K)

Again, what do I give a fuck about the lives of devs? All I want is their product. If they want to make more money they why don't they sell it themselves?

Did it raise the price of the game for me? No? Then I don't care how the devs are treated.

Valve lose as much as 10% of their cut on facilitating things like 3rd party keys. I'm sure that extra 2% left over can be justified by the huge amount of features it has over epic.

If greedy indie cunts don't like it, fuck them, I refuse to compromise over it. I'll just wait for them to start crawling back to steam when they don't pass epic's curation.

>free speech
>private site
lolno

Because nobody in their right mind gives a fuck about DotA2.

I'd be genuinely surprised if Gabe isn't richer than Sweeney. I genuinely think people massively underestimate how much money Steam makes.

thats disturbing

Speaking of Sega, they delisted their games on DotEmu (BEFORE their closure) and GamersGate because they focused to become Steam only.

Minecraft did quite decently and isn't on Steam.
Same with Getting Over It.
>Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy is a simple, devious game about climbing a mountain using only a sledgehammer (the blunt end) and wearing nothing but a cauldron. It first released exclusively via Humble Bundle on October 6. Foddy says over 2.7 million people have tried the game since, and a whole lot more have access now that Getting Over It is available on Steam for $8.
pcgamer.com/qwop-successor-getting-over-it-is-now-available-on-steam/
And that was a Humble Monthly (Trove) exclusive.

it was like 35-45% piracys fault. sega pulling dumb moves and having such heavily flawed designs were the main reason

>had dark viewer
nvm it does have a description
should turn that off

Enjoy waiting i guess.

>It's not even really close. Bloomberg pegs Newell's current net worth at $4.34 billion, good enough for 385th place on the list of the world's 500 richest people, while Sweeney weighs in with $7.16 billion, putting him at position 192. The difference is largely academic—finding a surprise $20 in your wallet doesn't have quite the same impact once you've moved past your first billion—and neither of them are anywhere near to spitting distance of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and the other mega-zillionaires at the top of the list.
pcgamer.com/epic-boss-tim-sweeney-is-worth-nearly-dollar3-billion-more-than-gabe-newell-according-to-bloomberg/

Of course, neither of them will starve in their life.

is detroit out yet?

Holy shit why are steam drones sub 80iq, they getting btfo left and right and still repeating themselves like drones

Attached: gaben valve over time.png (1698x586, 1.4M)

>Speaking of Sega, they delisted their games on DotEmu (BEFORE their closure) and GamersGate because they focused to become Steam only.
Sega is not a company known for good decisions. They thought the saturn, an amazing console, would sell in the west without bringing over any games.

Infinitely better than Steam at launch.

Because relying on your game blowing up due to streamers is not a viable tactic

Because selling a game themselves isn't free either. Steam gives distribution, visibility and for many drones having it on the platform gives added value. These are real things and Valve is right to charge for it. The question is just whether 30% is the right price. Thanks to Tim we now have reason to believe it might not be.

>why should i care
Because these rent-seekers, whether they're named Gabe or Tim, don't make the games.

The point is that he's right, publishers (specially Japanese ones) hate DRM-free.

Fuck Valve, fuck Steam, fuck steam users, fuck Gabe Newell, and, most importantly, fuck Dota 2. All of them can die in a fire.

I geniunely believe piracy isn't what killed the Dreamcast.

Bad marketing, PS2 hype, lack of EA Sports, the legacy of mishandling the Saturn/32X/Sega CD and Sega running out of money killed the Dreamcast.

If they had the cash to last another year then I think the Dreamcast would have been successful. Same with SNK and the NGPC.

Hahaha, based
Because only pro-gaming turbotists care about Dota, I guess. And maybe also because Valve is not partly owned by chinese interests.

>buy COMPLETE game few years later
>game is already fixed
>and for lower price
Its a win-win situation

Attached: 1478883455298.jpg (1585x1732, 986K)

Epic games has almost little to no features on that store that give me no reason to move away from steam. Little things that I realize I was taking advantage of the whole time. I actually use the steam forums a lot to fix issues from my end, I like the way steam sets up my controls and how easy it is to customize. The cloud saves that means I don't got to worry about shit if my saves corrupts when lighting strikes my house. BUYING MORE THAN ONE GAME AT A TIME. Its just these convenient features that add up and make me realize how shit the store is, its not a fucking modern digital store by any means, and their complete lazyness and attitude makes me push back at their attempts to create a monopoly in the PC space, an actual monopoly they're trying to form and not the fake monopoly that they name call steam because they're dishonest as hell.

>Did it raise the price of the game for me? No? Then I don't care how the devs are treated.
That's fine, just don't be surprised if a dev decides not to release on Steam when they can get a better deal.

American Express having high fees doesn't affect my prices, but it does mean fewer places accept AmEx and that still affects me.

Appealing to the Chinese is normal. We're one big family on this stupid ass planet. The problem though is not 'appealing' to Chinese. It's BEING chinese. They are unappologetic C U N T S in everything they do. Selling things to them is one thing. Being owned by them is something else entirely. Why do you think there's so much violence going on in Hong Kong right this moment?

Attached: chinks.jpg (1712x894, 362K)

>Satisfactory sold 500,000 at launch despite being on Epic, Metro Exodus is also the best selling game in the series despite its controversy.
With Epic's timed-exclusivity apparently being by pre-buying a shitton of copies that throws into question how many of those sales are legitimately because of Epic rather than being despite Epic. SNK told Epic to fuck off because they think Samurai Shodown will sell more as a multiplat twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/1139027757122277376

Meanwhile, steam has one billion accounts

Would have been much better if they used the name "Unreal Store"
Epic Games store?
Imagine if steam was called the "VALVe store"
get creativity or some shit, man

Hmmm. I'm not convinced by those estimates at all given both are private companies.

>Thanks to Tim we now have reason to believe it might not be.

Sure, if you have an infinite money printing machine and are willing to massively undercut the competition and compromise on literally everything else.

Suck it up bitch, if you're against Epic, you support Valve, and that makes you our enemy for going against Yea Forums's best interests.

Those are their personal wealths, not the profit of their companies.

if epic had all the same features as steam, would you start buying your games from t here instead of steam?

what if im against both
Ill take the pirate/gogpill

I just dislike the Gaben Worship that's so prevalent in this board. I couldn't give a fuck about chinks and their store.

Attached: so wholesome 😩.jpg (2600x1950, 689K)

>Yea Forums's best interests lie with epic
shut up sweeney

>With Epic's timed-exclusivity apparently being by pre-buying a shitton of copies that throws into question how many of those sales are legitimately
Proof?
That means absolutely nothing if the majority of them are blanks.

I gave you proof, read the entire post. SNK told Epic to fuck off

No devs = no more interesting video games. Enjoy your future full of flanderized AAA lootboxfested skinner boxes.

Nah, I don't have an Epic Games Store account and I only bought two games in Steam like 10 years ago. I only buy DRM-free builds everywhere else.

>at launch
no. It took them 3 months to hit that figure. 3 months. Meanwhile, another indie game from that timespan, not even one that would have been as popular as something in the vein of satsfactory, made over a million sales in just over 7 days. Who knows where they'll be by the time 3 months pass.

Most stores that sell physical products like groceries take cuts that are a fraction of what Steam takes to sell pixels. Could the reason be that there's a lot of competition in that space while Steam has until now been unchallenged?

Epic is not owned by chinks.

Our best interests lie against Valve. We need all the help we can get to destroy Valve.

Epic has said themselves they buyout copies to get time exclusives

The indie boom became a thing partially thanks to Steam.

Damn near half of it is.

this "devil" fellow seems like a valuable ally

Attached: 1539089665938.jpg (304x312, 39K)

Thats some low effort bait.
Unironically yes, they don't fucking even need all the features just the ones that convenient to ME I already had their fucking downloaded ages ago before they started their shit service because I played Paragon but they shit the shit down so I haven't touched ANYTHING Epic games related since then.

Hahaha, ebin.

DRM is the least of the problems with console gaming. It's an afterthought if anything.

The solution is to pirate everything

I only play japanese games.

Literally this every step against steam is a good step for gaming and Yea Forums, gaben cocksucking literally ruined the board

The thing is, no store could possibly have any feature to make me buy from X rather than Y, except for possibly prices and games not being trash/broken.

I just want to buy games and play them. If it does that then I basically don't care - that's why I can overlook flaws of any platform.

I don't really care much about a basket (Steam didn't have it for a couple of years and I didn't care then), I don't really like the Steam forums (low quality, replaced a lot of better websites), I don't use the controller stuff at all (everything uses Xinput).

Their personal wealth will be almost completely tied to the profits of the companies.

>partially thanks to Steam.
enitrely.

Look how many devs are superstars and multimillionaires, retired in their 20s, thanks to Steam. No one else would have allowed people to publish in this manner.

Attached: Capture.jpg (832x575, 83K)

Except that with their shares in it, it is.

No you fucking wouln't you have no reason to switch from steam to epic if you have all your games on steam, the only reason you would buy games from epic is because it has exclusive features, and what better exclusives than exclusive games? LIKE PARAGON

based. if it spites eceleb/twitter posters i fully support valve and attack epic employees on sight

Love this valve do nothing meme. It's great how all the people mentioning features they go to steam for get ignored. Good stuff, love Jim fatty fatty 2 by 4 sterling.

gaben cocksucking hasn't even been a widespread thing for... goodness, some five to seven years now. it's been long enough now that people feel safe trying to pin it as reddit behavior

>caring about the pc version of consolewar faggotry
>unironically paying for videogames
Laughing at all you sheep. Imagine actually paying for what you can get for free.

Attached: piracy justification tier list.png (500x1200, 146K)

I literally said that Valve does something that they deserve to get paid for in the post before, retard. I'm just not sold that the price they set for themselves that has until now never been challenged is the right one.

Proof?
no, 10 billion chinese stolen abandoned accounts don't count
Epic is still, and will remain a shitty Fortnite launcher

Said features that amounts to a few extra lines of coding from Valve's behalf?

So you why are you lying then ? 40% is not even near "owned". Tell me drone why are you lying ? The mentally illness ? Your steam collection ? Your steam cards ?

That twitter post says nothing about Epic faking preorders, though
>Meanwhile, another indie game from that timespan, not even one that would have been as popular as something in the vein of satsfactory, made over a million sales in just over 7 days.
Lethal League Blaze has at max 200,000 owners on Steam despite being popular at launch.
Unless you're trying to bring up a different Indie game instead of just Indie games in general.

Microsoft Game Studios and Xbox Live Arcade helped too.

What PC distribution platforms are currently attempting to scrape exclusivity rights by preordering hundreds of thousands of copies at a clip, user

>enitrely.
Hey, can you show me where i can buy Minecraft on Steam?
see

Why are you lying drone ? Are you mentally ill ?

Well when you figure what the cost of all the things valve develop is let me know instead of just going by Tim's very trustworthy word.

They never mentioned which game platform. It's more likely that it's Valve SNK told to fuck off.

I'm not questioning that fact. Only the idea that not caring about the devs share of the pie and only caring about having your games is, somehow, not gonna have a negative impact on the availability of real, good games.

Are you pretending to be retarded or does it come naturally? The latter would be a breath of fresh air on this board.

Attached: 1554496999572.jpg (719x626, 72K)

>trust valve's pure soul not tim
Sorry, I'm not taking sides so I will do neither. I just believe in the general idea of markets.

lol are you implying selling more copies than call of duty is impressive? A game that almost all its playerbase is on consoles and the pc version is just a shitty port with playerbase smaller than tf2?

There is a bunch of SNK games that are both in Humble Store and GOG.com but not in Steam.

That post says nothing about any distribution platform faking pre-orders, i know its a translation of a korean post but can you seriously not understand english? Do you not have reading comprehension.

>I only play japanese games.
Which ones?

>Amerimutts absolutely SEETHING that they're not the #1 super power anymore
>They'll become slaves to their new chink overlords in less than a few decades

Maybe you retards shouldn't have offsourced all your jobs to China

>valves cut is too much because Tim said so also not taking sides lol

Fuck off

Valve's cut is too big because someone can do better.

>faking pre-orders
The tweet directly says the platform wanted to buy a few hundred thousand copies as exclusivity-rights, what the fuck are you smoking and where do you get off crying reading-comprehension?

you are right Muhammad

Epic is not even chinese that's the weirdest thing

I'm not gonna repeat myself

I would still use Steam since I got most of Library there already but I would CONSIDER buying from Epic games if they had convenient features. Paragon being Epic Exclusive makes sense because they developed and published it you fucking idiot. If Epic suddenly decided to become publishers and just outright buyout all those indie game companies, I would say that it deserves to be on Epic Store, but they just buy out 3rd parties very close to release dates and only when they know that the certain games they buyout have little to no risk in investing and already have an audience. They don't actually care for devs they care about themselves and making themselves look good and you're brainwashed and retard to think otherwise.

>40% is not even near "owned"
First off, you're retarded for not know that OWNERSHIP means OWNED.

Secondly, 51% would be controlling interest. Yes 40% is pretty damn near owned. A percentage of ownership that high is, in effect, ownership. They bought 4/10ths of the entire company. In case you were sticking your fingers in your ears and going LALALALA so you could ignore what Sweeney himself said, Epic would not be where it is right now without that HUGE buyout from Tencent. They are indebted to Tencent and now have to do everything to please them in addition to doing whatever they say.

Attached: Capture.jpg (283x889, 52K)

40% is enough to weigh in on any of the companies decisions, brainlet

>some PC download platform wanted an exclusive release on the condition of a pre-order of hundreds of thousands
Do you really not understand what a "condition" is?

Keep seething 56%, my country is 99.7% white with free healthcare. Enjoy your chink overlords

Good. It was getting kinda embarrassing.

Valve don't deserve 30% cut on account of them doing nothing to deserve it. They deserve a 3% cut at most because they're lazy fucks who has never done anything good for gaming.

I firmly believe Valve don't do enough.

Their constant focus seems to be on non-core features that few people use like VR shit, "big picture mode", Linux shit and hardware.

Meanwhile, they don't do much at all to support publishers/developer in terms of marketing, their client and store UI is a confusing clunky mess, the library barely works outside of being a list of games, the Steam client doesn't have proper patch note support etc etc.

literally the only good thing on the epic games store was free super meat boy and that was only for like a week or something

Poland? Is that a brag now?

>satisfactory sales = users
You do realize that those 500 000 sales came from epic's exclusivity deal, right?
Tim bought all of those copies as part of the contract's "minimul sales"
It's a win win, devs got their "sales" and epic got their atificial numbers which they can flaunt by throwing around claims that "see things sell on epic, honest!"

Attached: 1562752286168.png (1626x776, 204K)

>them doing nothing to deserve it
thanks for the laugh

>You do realize that those 500 000 sales came from epic's exclusivity deal, right?
I dont actually, got a source to prove that?

China can't even build safe elevators and escalators to save its life, user

congrats poland but the rest of euroland is 45% middle eastern and has laws against your kind of wrong think. enjoy the sand tsunami

>fuck the users what about developers!

Epic will never accept you

Im confused where the hate towards valve is coming I just use it to get cheap games and it does that very well

Attached: 1511515212671s.jpg (118x125, 2K)

Tencent invested hard on viral marketing squads and they are working full force to make zoomers accept epic botnet.
hopefully Yea Forumsirgins will redpill those zoomers on the viral marketing threat

they don't hate valve, they're paid to slander valve.

one single guy only made $40million off of a $15 game. Nothing impressive about that.

It's the epic shills on another smear campaign.

Why play stupid about the intent behind those preorders?

Winnie the pooh

Here's how to fix like half of Steam's problems:

Create a "Valve seal of approval" for non-shit games. Valve does enough leg-work to ensure these games aren't fundamentally dog-shit, shovelware, asset flips or outright broken. Make it easy to hide everything without the "Valve Seal of Approval".

Boom, done.

Valve curates for people who want curation, everyone else gets their Ecchi visual novels and Unity asset flips.

You don't understand, the Chinese deserve my money!

can YOU prove how many people are playing satisfactory on epic?
of course you can't :)
because epic doesn't release statistics - that's because they are insecure about their platforms success

Attached: 1547721635077.jpg (417x500, 111K)

Every time it's given is another time somebody says it doesn't count. twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/1139027757122277376

Attached: 1536273332162.png (505x539, 174K)

>"""""""""""""journalists"""""""""""" on twitter already started to call anyone anti-EGS as "gamergaters"

Oh boy, I sure wonder which side is the wrong side.

Valve panders to chinkoids far more than Epic does

Reminder that Valve literally made it part of their contract that developers couldn't publicly discuss sales figures on Steam until like a year ago when EGS came around.

>valve doesn't do enough to ensure indies get the seal of approval says my good frie- work colleague who failed to sell a low quality 2 hour walking simulator

Unironically, it's just epic shills. That being said, Gabe could move its fatass and seriously start working on TF3, HL3 and Portal 3 instead on wasting time and money on vr meme and shitty card games.

Somebody batting HARD for the Epic Games Store is generally either:
>a) Contrarian, arguing in favor of EGS to dab on those valvecucks Epic store style; if public-opinion shifts unanimously against Epic to the point where it's indefensible (see: resounding outcry against Epic Games on social-media), this entire category of Epic defender will dry up because it's not cool to bat for the assumed underdog
>b) Actual EGS employees, "shilling campaign" and so forth
>c) They hated Valve anyways and Epic is the only distribution platform currently existing that can lay even the slightest claim to competing with Valve. They don't, financially, morally or realistically, but they're the biggest alternative

GabeN isn't interested in vidya that isn't Skinner boxes.

Actually a reasonable idea

How?

>Valve panders to chinks to steal their money

>Tim panders to chinks by giving them 49% of the money he makes

Really makes me think

You know the amount of games Steam releases? They literally made Steam Curators so they don't have to do shit.

but hasnt Valve shifted from a game making company to producing software?

d) wannabe indie devs only interested in money that think the only reason their shitty game isn't making millions is because of valve

Valve introduced Early Access
Valve killed Greenlight instead of just increasing moderation
Valve killed overhaul source mods in favor of the "Source Mod" tag on the Store
Valve forced Workshop when it still doesnt allow full conversion mods, having the Workshop be nothing but model and sound swaps.
Valve still hasnt solved the Workshop botting in relation to even its biggest game, CS:GO.
Valve has been sitting on its UI update for 10 years, the only thing we've got was the Chat Update and it was/is dogshit.
see
The whole reason why Steam "allows" player numbers to be scraped from their API was decided to be a breach of consumer rights by the EU, though. Which is why SteamSpy is broken because they were forced to set everybody's game libraries to private by default due to the GDPR.

Maybe, but unlike Epic, Steam doesn't really need to lie or prove their success now do they?

just the Steam service and VR

Attached: 1557981205610.jpg (730x936, 123K)

>Valve introduced Early Access
If it was a success it's because gamers like to be cucked.

It was implemented because they wanted to steal market space from Kickstarter besides just saying that its a shit idea and clearly anti-consumer.
Remember: You were denied a refund for DayZ because it was never announced as having its development dropped despite not having updates for 5 years.

Well he better start running towards his devs with good ideas once the lootbox cashcow stops working

Reminder to all the epic shills and Tim ball washers.

Attached: egIaHFa.png (1600x900, 832K)

>Epic hosts their fortnite world cup in NYC
>V*lve hosts TI9 in Shanghai, making their players and casters travel to a dog eating gutter oil drinking totalitarian communist shithole

>see: the guy trying to be pedantic about what a condition is
No, dipshit, "we buy several hundred thousand copies from you and in return you give our store exclusivity rights" is in line with the purported meteoric sales-figures of launching on Epic. I have no idea what the sticking point is, those pre-orders are legitimate purchases on Epic's dime and so it's an artificial boost to sales-figures.

why did you describe NYC twice user?

Once again, gamers made it a sucess, because they like to beta test for absolutely free.

Yeah, that won't happen.

>mainly chinks and koreans that care about dota2
>hold the tournament in chink territory
OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOD THOSE CHINK PANDERERS MUST DIE NOOOOOOOOOW

Make devs pay $150 for a Valve Seal of Quality submission and use that to pay for someone to check the game.

Any legitimate title would pay the $150 so the approval rate would be 90%+

>koreans
why do you even talk about shit you have ZERO idea about, chink cock sucker?

>koreans don't play mobas
Holy denial

A rivalry born in blood. Two families at each other's throat, fighting for audience in enemy territory. A modern day tragedy.

Epic offers sales guarantees, not sales

honestly i agree. if your company is to small to pay 150$ or god forbid get a loan of that kind of money you should not get the seal anyway

>korean developer says something completely to the contrary
>translated by someone that doesn't have English as their first language
>b-b-b-but epic!
Reading comprehension, you should have it by now.

A pre-order is a very effective guaranteed sale.

It could lead to some nasty scenarios. Also, still is too much work for Valve.

I hate both though.

>koreans play DotA2
No.

>forces indies out with the 30% cut
>Steam was a blessing when it appeared because it removed the need for publishers
lowiq

fucking let it. Nintendo did this shit for a long time. it is not perfect but it helps filter some of the shit

Plus Valve can waive the $150 and give it anyway if they spot you title amongst the flood of shit - the $150 just guarantees the review

they only play the based white man's moba not the chink shit one

That's only because they're fully aware of how badly it could ruin a dev if the incentive were not there and, sooner or later, it IS going to run out, according to Epic's own PR people.

Without the safety net, it would spell the end of every single dev that went exclusive in an attempt to get slightly more per sale. Even with the safety net, they're hurting and won't make nearly as much but they're banking on this fuckwad and his illusory free money. When it can no longer sustain though and the safety net is removed, you'll see everyone, even all these epig shills here today, singing a different song.

Attached: 4xbzl1yyf0e31.png (500x680, 223K)

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://gamefocus.co.kr/detail.php?number=94683
A machine-translation says the exact same thing, SNK told a western PC distribution-platform to fuck off with a demand of a few 100k preorders because he thinks it'll sell more than a million. This isn't an ESL Korean whipping things out of his ass, user.

rate mine first

Attached: Capture.jpg (2700x1000, 666K)

Console certification is still a million times more onerous than this and it would essentially be optional

>Valve killed Greenlight instead of just increasing moderation
Greenlight was a precarious system. Valve shouldn't deny games unless they are broken or malicious. I would argue Valve should lower even more moderation so that Rance and other lewd games can also get on it.

can you prove him, the tweet, or the translator wrong?
no?
Shut the fuck up then, shill

Raise it at 300, and I will agree. Lots of shit still passes at 100, so 150 isn't dissuasive enough

150 would just get a review. it does not mean a positive one.

The tweet is accurate, your reading comprehensions is fucking retarded.
It says nothing about Epic or anyone faking preorders.

dilate, freedom hating tranny

t. someone looking in a mirror

Exactly. It’s got to be just enough to pay for the staff to review while dissuading every shovelware peddler that obviously isn’t going to make it from wasting your time

If you’re a legit dev planning to sell more than a few hundred copies then $150 isn’t a lot at all. If you’re an Indian high schooler making babby’s First asset flip then it is.

the major complaint would be who actually reviews the games. people on both sides crying liberal or facist because there game didnt get the seal

ALL OF YOU
have sex

I do, thank you sweetheart

You're the only person saying "faking" preorders.