Am I missing out if I only play as a brainlet sword wielding warrior?

Am I missing out if I only play as a brainlet sword wielding warrior?

Attached: 400166-the-elder-scrolls-iii-morrowind-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1030, 233K)

Starting out like that is fine but eventually you should try to start using magic, it is both beneficial and fun.

No not at all but magic in this game is fun as fuck so you should give it a go next playthrough.

Yes stay with melee. Use a 2 hander and not a shield as the shield is useless. It requires a lucky roll of the die to be used. Don't worry about the loss of protection you will not need it in fairly short order.

Stay away from magic as it is easy mode in an easy game.

Nope. It's fun as fuck.
One of my best (and most fun) runs was with a retarded orc warrior. Two handed weapons and whatever armor I could find on my way. Only allowed to pick up better gear, health or stamina potions or quest items.

There are ways to do magic stuff with a magically retarded character.

Have the npc enchanters enchant your stuff for waterwalking and levitation. You can even get unlimited summoned creatures this way.

Attached: 84.png (1148x1080, 1.55M)

This ->Buy scrolls or enhanctments that allow you to use magic.

Magic is super useful in morrowind in general like you can just go with a mage character and make him be a badass warrior with only magic, that's how I play at the moment, I use conjured weapons but still have those weapon skills as major skills so it enchants my skills as I conjure the weapon and I gain levels while using it etc.

Are Imperials fun to play as in Morrowind and ES games in general? Thinking about doing another playthrough as a race I've never touched before.

Attached: Chitose_thinking.png (720x546, 358K)

Conjuring armor was neat. They really need to bring it back for 6.

Not really.

Eventually you'll break the game completely and have access to everything.
Until then, if you go heavy armor you'll have major encumbrance problems, which means you need access to Mark and Recall to sell your loot.

No character shouldn't be able to at least cast Mark and Recall (~15 in Mysticism IIRC).
At least buy Intervention scrolls.

Honestly the Elves+Redguard are the only reasonable choices other than for roleplaying reasons.
Oh, and the Bretons if you can't handle the Altmer's magic weakness.

How do you forget how good Nords are in Morrowind, they're better than Redguards.

Yeah their resistance is much more valuable than Redguard shitty little starting attack bonus

Then I guess it's just "don't be a beast or Imperial."

Currently playing custom Nord Worrior. Made a big mistake by not putting Agility as a main attribute and as a result most attacks make me fall over like some fucking wet cardboard faggot. But it's pretty fun caving peoples heads in with my axe.

The game is long and you level up skills by use instead of putting point in it. Which means in practice you'll become jack of all trades by the mid game. Your character creation only sets your playstyle for the first ten hours (you'll still level up with skills specified at the start but you become overlevelled anyway after 20 hours).
I'd still have a minimum of mysticism for mark and recall to avoid some backtracking.

I forget the mod but it added a bunch of throwing weapons like potions so you could still do some neat shit besides smashing a sword into things

I am playing a Summoner character + Short blades and Destruction.

My Daedroth nigga saved me many times.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 117.png (1920x1080, 3.38M)

it doesn't really matter
the best ones usually in all games are high elf, orc, and breton

FUCK corpus ANYTHING if your playing melee.

Attached: MGE Screenshot 129.png (1920x1080, 1.72M)