Why couldn’t Fallout have a decent soundtrack and not great great grandad music?

Why couldn’t Fallout have a decent soundtrack and not great great grandad music?

Attached: 44CC4AD3-B010-4224-99E6-A516771CCFE9.jpg (1920x1200, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TzMHvvBqVuY
youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c
youtube.com/watch?v=4fjM9pKeEGw
youtu.be/r6qt_70iGk4
youtu.be/oCGn5guUdR0
youtu.be/DM4oPEiaDfM
youtu.be/giKocCNeuF8
youtu.be/qITlVSCy3fc
youtu.be/_kmnrkgVReQ
youtube.com/watch?v=orAnm1yM_ZI&t=2720s
game-ost.com/articles.php?id=24&action=view
youtube.com/watch?v=omQ7OpC4mfA
youtu.be/zH49bFIZ5uA
youtube.com/watch?v=Sm4BW3AiEAI
youtube.com/watch?v=nW3DTCIO5Zs
youtube.com/watch?v=UWPe7hrEZhI
youtube.com/watch?v=h38zN_vF_dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q7zfrSJUEbY
youtube.com/watch?v=t3OV1WlC0wQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tuYwAB9p8Lk
youtu.be/KiTG0YyX7mQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because bethesda literally shoehorned in "LE SUPER RETRO OLDIES" music in because of the retro futurism going on. Despite the fact that these songs would've been over 100 years old by the time the bombs fell, and over 200 years old by the time Fo3 happened. So instead of having some decent music they shoehorned in some goofy shit.

fallout has an exceptional ambient score as well as a terrific selection of thematic, licensed music. what are you asking?

whats wrong with listening to big iron on repeat

Fallout 2 has one of the best vidya OSTs of all time, zoomer.
youtube.com/watch?v=TzMHvvBqVuY
youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c
youtube.com/watch?v=4fjM9pKeEGw

not enough soundcloud rappers for you, zoomzoom?

I've got:
[strikethrough]two tickets to paradise[/strikethrough]
Spurs that jingle jangle jingle!

Attached: download (3).png (380x700, 78K)

Attached: download (4).png (500x375, 30K)

you're not supposed to have the radio on all the time, zoomer

>if it isn't rap its shit
nigger

You don't need to have dogshit composers to not use dumbfuck 30s style music or whatever the hell it uses. They're both shit, they're not mutually exclusive.

These however are good. But that's because fallout was not actually complete dogshit before 3

Can't hear you over the sound of my big iron clanking against my hip while the spurs I got jingle jangle

>great great grandad music
Go back to your fucking Taylor Swift and your soundcloud mumble rap bullshit then you uncultured pile of rotting garbage. Why are you trying to play good games like Fallout, go play Fortnite and do the flossing dance you cock.

Attached: listen, dipshit.jpg (442x341, 28K)

It still hurts.

Attached: Vbtitle.png (350x280, 208K)

hurts my eyes alright

zoom zoom

open your eyes nigga

>game's setting is inspired by 50s america
>all the music is from the 40s
could they not afford actual 50s music?

Attached: 1395093168358.png (495x470, 305K)

All Fallout games feature music from the same era.

I will always enjoy killing across the wasteland to the tunes of Big Iron and SPURS. That's some top notch shit. Honorary mentions include Butcher Pete and Rocket 69.

From The Art of Fallout 4.

Attached: fallout_4_why.png (850x391, 120K)

Attached: 1361217733087.jpg (460x291, 52K)

No idea. The original fallout games had an OST that was a strange mix between industrial and dark ambient music, with fallout 2's tribal themes bleeding into the music as well. I wish Bethesda tried half as hard to make a good Ost instead of just relying on the retro fututism thing they've been pushing so hard.

youtu.be/r6qt_70iGk4
youtu.be/oCGn5guUdR0
youtu.be/DM4oPEiaDfM

Attached: 1409013457194.jpg (630x460, 58K)

>Games setting inspired by the 50's
No, only Vault Tech was. The rest of the game has much more modern feels to it.

>it's a "let's pretend our game has absolutely no flaws" episode

It's got plenty of flaws, but the lack of a mumble rap soundtrack is not one of them.

>1920s-1940s
That explains why Fallout 4's overdone raygun gothic bullshit looked like ass. Fallout's incorporation of realistic 50s art deco was much better.

just turn off the radio. 3 and 4 have great scores

Fallout 1 and 2 had excellent OST's. Dirty and industrialized.

Fallout 3, NV and 4 OST was made by Hans Zimmer and difference was instantly noticeable, the OST's were just forgettable orchestral pieces.

trying real hard to fit in, amirite, user?

this
>inb4 redditards saying stupid shit like FALLOUT WAS ALWAYS ABOUT THAT 50'S MUSIC LMAO XDD
Spotted the redditard who never played 1&2 and compares cutscene intros with bethesda's forced constant 50's gimmick.

Is this b8? Their ost's were garbage. 3 was just generic orchestral music and 4, which at least tried to bring back some of the dark ambient of the original series, was pretty generic and lacked the creative sounds that made the original first 2 OST's so memorable

>3 and 4 have great scores
>le generic Inon Zur epic piano orchestral OST
>great score for Fallout
At least with F3 he tried to be a bit more ambient, but with F4 he totally missed the mark.

early 3D looked like shit without the charming artstyle of the 2D era, it was a mistake, or at least too early and rushed

Fallout 5
>Isometric perspective
>Turn based combat, inspired from UnderRail
>Entire map open from the start
>All NPCs are killable, unless it's otherwise justified within the game world
>Fallout1/2/Arcanum dialog system
>New Vegas faction system
>Non-linear quest solutions
>Soundtrack by Mark Morgan

Attached: NewVegasJustRight.png (575x624, 346K)

F4's OST is worse actually.
>creative sounds
Nah it lacked genuine interest in Fallout's aesthetic. I think Zur is also only half to blame, it is more like Zenimax/Bethesda ordered to compose a "generic, epic & orchestral" OST to fit into their new vision for Fallout, which is "generic, epic and orchestral".

I think the F1-2 is more about the world and how shit it is and you try to make the best out of it. It always haunts you and tries to infect you, just like how radiation works.

Now in F4 there is a red bar on your HP instead of a slow and steady killer. You got these goofy ass things going around, with shittons of bloom instead of dread and you completely forget that radiation is a serious thread. In bethesda games the radiation is a barrel full of toxic waste to fill plotholes. Its like WoW's corruption.

Dude, Fallout 3 barely had an OST. If you look at it, the names of every track are "Battle track 1,2,3" etc

It was as generic as it could possibly be.

>tracknames make an OST
it still wasn't a fucking cringe shitshow like F4's annoying piano and bagpipe tunes.

It's not a good sign when every track is named "Tracks 1-7" for the entire OST, and no Fallout 4 wasn't just Bagpipes and Piano. Zur tried to make a combination between his orchestral music and the dark ambient of the older games. It was okay but it just lacked the creative sounds of the first 2 OST's
youtu.be/giKocCNeuF8
youtu.be/qITlVSCy3fc
youtu.be/_kmnrkgVReQ

>I wish Bethesda tried half as hard
Is your defnition of 'trying' ripping off prominent 90s ambient artists? The producers of 1 and 2 basically gave Mark Morgan a list of tracks to copy.

Give me a list of who he obviously ripped off of. I'll wait. Also
>You can't just listen to a genre of music to learn how it feels or might be made to make something within that genre!
>That's stealing!
Uh huh.

I wish man. I really wish.

>Hans Zimmer
*Inon Zur. I fucking wish the same guy who made the Blade Runner OST decided to make the next Fallout ost

Thanks for waiting.
youtube.com/watch?v=orAnm1yM_ZI&t=2720s

game-ost.com/articles.php?id=24&action=view
>Michael: In an interview, Timothy Cain [creator of the Fallout series] said that he likes dark gloomy music and is a big fan of Aphex Twin. Some Fallout compositions are quite similar to work by Aphex Twin - were you influenced by Timothy's tastes?

>Mark: When Interplay was thinking of using me for the game, they sent over some music that they liked and wanted me to do something similar as a demo. The CD they sent me had no titles or artists’ names, just a few pieces of unidentified music. I gave Interplay what they wanted and I think they must have used some of my demo in the final game. At the time, I wasn’t familiar with the work of Aphex Twin. To me, it was just my interpretation of what Interplay asked for.

Eh, doesn't surprise me. Electronic music is pretty infamous for this in general - just reusing sounds over and over again. Still, for a video game ost it works really well

Also that's a lot of good new music I should check out.

generic orchestral music? 3's score is an ambient masterpiece

???

You're definitely confused. It was orchestral as all hell, what are you talking about? Go listen to it again.

>the difference was instantly noticable
It's called good direction. You wouldn't want a 3d mario game playing the same shit from the original, same rule applies to fallout.
>it's just orchestral
You clearly didn't listen to anything but Agatha's shitty station.

Just because the music isn't in your taste doesn't mean it's not good. It fits the tone of the game.

No, he's right, it's 90% orchestral music

it's called atmosphere you mongoloid american

>Isometric perspective

Attached: 1407519904111.jpg (500x371, 24K)

>Hahaha le wacky retrofuturism isn't the nuclear apocalypse FUN?
it's called gay you stupid ledditor

>oboes and flutes everywhere
>solo strings everywhere
>incoherent mess
nah, pleb, this one for example is much closer to the orig than anything in F4
youtube.com/watch?v=omQ7OpC4mfA

>user being informed that people enjoy things differently from him

Attached: Angry man.png (444x428, 347K)

if you don't like it, then you don't like it

I'm sorry this is too hard a concept for you to understand, go play overwatch, or something more your american scooter speed

I agree that they overplayed the gimmick of the era but the world of Fallout ever since the beginning has been an extrapolation of what sci-fi authors of the red scare era imagined the far future to be. In other words there are things that already existed in the far future of 1997 that the Fallout world builders deliberately left out because they decided it was unimaginable for those hypothetical original authors. The music is part of that. "Maybe", and "A Kiss to Build a Dream On" are simply music, nothing else. People in the 50's thought that the future would still have music, and because some forms of music had remained unchanged for a long time they decided that it should still be the same in 2077. If something sounded the same a hundred years ago, why should it sound different a hundred years from now?
It wasn't until Todd's fanfiction that they started specifically looking for old songs with lol references amirite. References to atomic bombs and violence, hence the radio soundtrack of Fallout 3.

The radio is early 20th century American music lmao why are you making fun of Americans and sucking their cocks at the same time?

You're a freaky bitch aren't you?

tl;dr

>Licensed radio music the same as OST
retard

Some people also enjoy huffing their own fermented feces to get high, that doesn't mean they're equal to everyone else

>music is american
>clearly the reason someone doesn't like it is because he's american
I hope one day basic logic and philosophy are taught in schools around the world.

the americans of that time are smarter than you, and you're fat

Fallout 4 and 76 had decent “old shit” music.

Now THIS is cherry picking

Should have ended with a “brought to you by gang weed” or whatever that shit is

>I-Its cher-rr-ry picking!

i’d totally rip off Bioshock 2 and add in Daddy Won’t You Please Come Home for FO3, or rather I’d add it in and make Bioshock 2 look like the rip off in the future
youtu.be/zH49bFIZ5uA

Attached: 353A9B62-181F-4937-B349-366EAF870556.gif (353x353, 660K)

@472792632
the Fallout3-4 target audience right here

Let me guess, you want your fucking ear rape modern "music".
Fuck you, kids. Your generation is lost. Dumbest Generation is what you are.

ok faggot

No user. It's HARD cherry picking.
>Most of the game is nothing but orchestral music
>"O-Oh yeah? Well here's one song with ambient orchestral music with synths!"
Damn, I have been btfo

new generations of americans are stupid, annoying, and irreverent, this is common knowledge

You literally did the same fucking thing you absolute moron. You except me to sit here for another 30 minutes and find more examples of how wrong you are, what a shit taste you are and to entertain your stupid opinions further? F4's soundtrack just like the game is the worst in the entire series, because at least with F3 they tried. With F4 they dropped the ball and made a wasteland sims simulator and that is exactly reflected in the music.

Right, I always mix the two. Inon Zur is basically just the Hans Zimmer of vidya.

This is fairly accurate. Both are also jews.

no actually spotted the redditard fag who never played the original games but pretends to to appear hardcore on the internet.

the idea that Bethesda made up the whole retro 50's futuristic in everything, where before it was limited to vault tec or whatever, is a fucking lie made by nma faggots sad their game no longer bankrupts studios. the retro 50s was the look for EVERYTHING in the original games. it was the basis for all art direction for the games.

>As Art Director, I was responsible for the look and mood of the game (as far as visuals were concerned). I came up with the idea of the "future of the fifties" setting, and had to convince everyone that that was the way to go.

>Hey, Rob - the basic theme of the Fallout games is that the world of 2077 had a retro-50s feel when the nukes dropped - sort of a "what people in the 50s imagined the future (and post-holocaust future) would be like." This theme translates into the "look" and the actual physics of the world (Torg-style, if you've ever played Torg) - so anyway, you get giant radioactive monsters, pulp science with lasers, blasters, vacuum tubes, big expensive cars with fins, Art Deco architecture, robots with brains in domes atop their heads, lots of tape reel computer machines, the whole "atomic horror" feel, and it explains the artistic style of the interface."

fuck off back to nma.

The “look” of Fallout 1/2 is “Mad Max”
The only exceptions are the intro cartoons and the skill sheet

>nma
>reddit

OHHHH BONGO BONGO BONGO

where is your proof faggot?
i have quotes from the original art director Leonard Boyarsky.
where are your quotes.

why should they (or any dev who makes open world games with a radio) waste money licensing music for an in game radio when you can so easily put in all the music you like yourself and never have to worry the shitty music industry removing songs 5 years later?

Because it's post-nuclear and everything is destroyed and brown, but look at the holotapes and the car wrecks.

its literally in your fucking quote you moron
>the world of 2077
>of 2077
Bethesda didn't had reading comprehension just like you, so now their Fallout games are full of fedora tipping, 50's music swinging cringe.

I bet you thought the sea shanties in Black Flag were lame too, fucking zoomer shitbrain

how about you read you illiterate nigger
>that the world of 2077 had a retro-50s feel when the nukes dropped
meaning the world as it existed when the bombs dropped had a retro 50s look.

>literally caved.in.wojak.jpg

>mfw spotting Legion scum

Attached: 20180112210322_1.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

not an argument nigger
i'll take that as a concession though

I like 1, NV and 3's ambient soundtracks. But especially 1

Attached: 1553060963254.jpg (1280x720, 335K)

You can make your own custom radio station and add whatever music you want.

I wonder what he thought of Fallout 2 modern weapons like Jackhammer, CAWS, G11, etc.

How? I wouldn't mind getting some giant library of public domain songs and putting them in the game

Pretty sure there's a mod for it.

What's the best track from FO2 and why is it All Clear Signal?

It's appropriate for the game and fits well, sure.
But you honestly shouldn't like that music unless you're pushing 60 or some shit.

No, it's the world of 2077. Not "the 1950's veraion" of 2077. Literally brainlet

>You expect me to actually listen to the ost
No because you're retarded.

>you honestly shouldn't like that music
Are you posting stuff like that to get some reactions out of people, because that just sounds like >stop liking what I don't like

Its the 50s you culture wasteland. There's an ambient OST for every game. The radio is completely optional. Why are you so retarded?

The only alternative is to make their own 50's style music, you realize.

>There's an ambient OST for every game.
>literally making up lies

Even with the stupid retro future 50s aesthetic, pretty much all the radio songs from Fallout 3 were from the 30s and 40s. Fallout 4 was the only Fallout game that actually tried to put 50s music in their 50s retro future game. Also, the non radio ambient music score for Fallout 3 is actually very kino and filled with soul.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sm4BW3AiEAI

Attached: fallout 3.jpg (1024x576, 144K)

>The rest of the game has much more modern feels to it.
in a 'we kept everything 50s style', sure.

Fallout New Vegas radio ost makes a fair amount of sense.
Because Radio New Vegas was made by Mr. House it makes sense that he would select songs that would be 300 years old considering how nostalgic many of his behaviors are

No it isn't.
Radio! = Fallout OST

HACKIN AND WHACKIN AND SMACKIN

leave the radio off, have you played any of these games?

Fallout NV had rock and roll. Tactics had it as well, and at least a part of that is canon.

>Not "the 1950's veraion" of 2077
Yes it is, painfully so. Please go replay the series.

i have literally never turned the radio on

Sorry buddy, but Vats of Goo, Vault of the Future, and Acolytes of the New God are by far the best Fallout tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=nW3DTCIO5Zs

youtube.com/watch?v=UWPe7hrEZhI

youtube.com/watch?v=h38zN_vF_dQ

some jerk I know had a panic attack after I told him to turn off the radio and listen to the in game music and he heard City of the Dead come on in new vegas.
youtube.com/watch?v=q7zfrSJUEbY

Just listen to this while playing youtube.com/watch?v=t3OV1WlC0wQ

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tuYwAB9p8Lk

Yeah nothing screams "1950's" to me like punk outfits, Heckler & Koch firearms, and Mel Gibson lmao

Retrofuturism was only one part of the game's themes amongst many others that Bethesda is just ignoring for whatever reason

A lot of the music he sampled from is even better.

This was the original City of the Dead
youtu.be/KiTG0YyX7mQ