So I just beat these three niggers without some upgrade a bug told me I should get, don't even know what it is...

So I just beat these three niggers without some upgrade a bug told me I should get, don't even know what it is. I am not enjoying it much, does it get any better?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 12K)

If you're not liking it at that this point, just drop it.

This. You've gone through the gameplay loop of explore, discover, get those charms that give you small sidegrades you can equip. That's the game. If you're not into it now, you won't be into it with the 8-14 hours there is left.

>8-14 hours
You can easily burn 50+ hours in Hollow Knight.

I agree, but he doesn't sound like he's enjoying exploring and would probably get the game over it.

>I am not enjoying it much
I am sorry to hear that. What are some of your major complaints so far, and could any of these complaints be resolved somewhat if you as a human being had better spatial memory?

I managed the complete PoP, 8th Zote and NKG but can't beat trial of the fool. What's the secret? Am I retarded?

Attached: 1564825222394.jpg (1440x810, 75K)

Which part is wrecking you?
Try being more aggressive. Enemies cannot hurt you if they are dead.
I've found that hiveblood and mark of pride both help a lot during the section without a floor.

Hollow Knight is a great game, but it's got a unique flavor that's not for everyone. Simple gameplay mechanics wrapped in a large world that explicitly rewards you for good navigation skills. You don't have to feel bad for not enjoying it.
If you're looking for some other Metroidvanias to play, I suggest Environmental Station Alpha and Axiom Verge.
If you want something a bit more linear, good old Cave Story is still an amazing game. You can still get the original version for free from cavestory.org or the graphically-enhanced version on Steam. It's otherwise the exact same game.

>the section without a floor. That's the one where you gotta fight in mid air against a fuck ton of stupid bugs, right? Yeah, that's the one fucking me over. I managed beat it twice but then I died right after and lost the will to keep trying. It takes so fucking long to redo it.

wait i fucked up my entire post

The floorless part is the hardest part. Mark of pride helps you hit guys from further away, and hiveblood will give you some healing. Not too much, but some. Fragile Strength (or unbreakable strength) are good too.

Use sword arts and strength charm to kill the bugs in the flying section as fast as possible as they spawn

Use hiveblood. Also, at the part with no floor make sure to pogo off the enemies instead of walljumping, it gives you more freedom of movement.

Attached: IMG_20190624_223557.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

I stuck it out until Gorb and it was still the same boring shit it started as.

Aight, I'm gonna give it another try. I'll probably get rekt a couple of times tho, since I haven't played it in months.

Attached: 1564822587598.png (739x1406, 867K)

I also bought Ori, did I fuck up?

Can't wait till you get here. Buckle up.

Attached: IMG_20190714_171802.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Ori is also a great game though it's more a platformer than a metroidvania. The sequel looks amazing.

Is that the flower quest? I've done that already.
Or is it something else?

Yeah that's the ending of that quest. You can actually take flowers out of the grave and bring one to the elderbug.

They're optional and just grant you access to a late game area, what the bug meant is that you should have gotten some sword upgrades before challenging them, to make it a bit easier.
You should find an upgrade in their general area thogh, but they're not guarding it.

You're just a nigger who can't enjoy good games. Drop it and go back to fortnite

>They're optional and just grant you access to a late game area
Oh great so I just wasted my time, at least those fucking mantis now don't attack me.

Yeah I know. Funny how most people gave him the first flower.

Attached: 20190227104417_1.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

>to a late game area

Attached: brainletKnot.jpg (645x729, 77K)

Yes, 'shit and the shit forest' is a bad game that gets good rep because of its visuals. It's got nothing else going for it

I'm one of those people. I only now learned I could have done it an easier way thanks to this thread. Oh well.

This but unironically.

>fought and beat mantis lords
>still doesn't like it

You're broken inside might as well drop it.

Any good strategies for Absolute Radiance? I keep dying like a bitch as soon as we get off the ground and get to the part with lots of platforms.

>exploring fungal wastes
>floor underneath me breaks
>fall forever into darkness
>end up in some nightmare fueled centipede spider hellhole
>clearly not supposed to be here for awhile

Fuck deepnest was not ready for survival horror in my metroidvania.

>not liking the game by the Mantis Lords fight
Critical shit taste detected

>all those people who rushed to sit at the first Deepnest bench before they realized what it meant to sit down
Have fun being trapped in spider hell

>does it get any better
No, go play La-Mulana.

Attached: Metroidvania Tier List.jpg (1148x4532, 1.02M)

I've enjoyed the game but the boss fights are just utterly un-fun. I like Dark Souls games and combat that is difficult but almost every boss fight in Hollow Knight turns into some deliberately frustrating bullet hell in a tiny room with a boss with a fuckhuge healthbar that you can't even see to know how close you are to winning.

I like the game otherwise and I didn't want to shelve it forever because of the shitty boss battles so I just got the invincibility mod and I turn that on if I have to attempt a fight more than 5 times or so.

Attached: 1548404640779.gif (248x203, 96K)

Wow this list is fucking terrible.

>frogposter is retarded
List 10 bosses in the game that are bullet hell bosses.

You beat them without a nail upgrade.
Each nail upgrade adds +50% damage to your basic attacks and you get said upgrade by following the red qt now that you have the wall jump, progressing to the bottom of that tower, then heading left

>a boss with a fuckhuge healthbar
Use spells, upgrade the nail and use nail arts.
The difference between fighting soul master for the first time and after you've beaten radiance is like fucking night and day.
Watcher knights can still suck a dick though, they and ummu still fuck my steel soul runs but that's mostly because i'm going for the speed run achievement at the same time.

Attached: Size swap.png (777x900, 646K)

Well, Dark Souls is nothing like Hollow Knight, for starters.

Second part meant for

>List
nope!

Attached: ScaryInsidiousChicken-size_restricted.gif (580x326, 3.89M)

What a fucking retard you are, thanks for sharing

Same, I dont know why the fuck I'm mixing steel soul and speedrunning, it just encourages me to play riskier.

byebye idiot

Attached: 1545414940397.gif (400x437, 754K)

Oh you're leaving? About time, see ya retard.

I want to ____ Hornet.

Attached: 15234264363.jpg (850x935, 165K)

>Oh you're leaving? About time, see ya retard.

Attached: index.png (213x237, 8K)

Do
Not
Fug
The
Bug

Massage the butt of

Attached: 1556555482929.png (1062x850, 828K)

Give me a single valid reason why you shouldn't fug the bug

Attached: 1550882090811.png (577x833, 231K)

Not really OP. Hollow Knight is only praised by the under 18 crowd, as they see it as their Super Metroid. In reality, it's a game that pads out its length through tedium.

Or its just a genuinely good game.

ori is great. great platforming, fluid and great feeling movement, great music, AND it is the best looking 2D game ever made. the sequel seems to be shaping up to be the best 2D game ever made, keeping the best aspects of the blind forest and improving upon it with great combat and quests/npcs etc.
kys

Attached: OriandtheWilloftheWisps_xbox1_1920x1080_01.jpg (1920x1080, 720K)

>best looking 2D game ever
>best 2D game ever made
Take your hyperbolic ass back to Trannyera, faggot.

I do it because it's fun, it's literally just one of those two that fuck me over.

I can practically do deepnest blindfolded now and i find it quicker to go straight in there after mantis lords, get the tram pass, get the pale ore that's in the basin station, then loop around through hallownest's back door, grab the nail upgrades, kill soul master, cheese dung boi with ground pound, go straight up from kings station to the dream nail, go get charge dash, then ismas tear and then monoarch wings and then bash out the dreamers.
If you cheese the bench mechanic for fast travel you cut a significant amount of time at no cost, since the runs over if you die anyway.

Attached: Brothers Pure.png (849x1078, 560K)

This, I fucked up so much, I should have climbed back up and left that area for the last one

>Terraria
>Metroidvania
hello La-Mulanafag, the game is trash and gets overshadowed by the likes of Sundered and Salt and Sanctuary.
Now fuck off back to your hole sperg.

I just finished the game with the "bad" ending, did some of the DLC stuff like defeating Grimm the first time around. Is it worth doing the rest of the additional content? The boss rushes seem cool in concept, but I really don't want to do so many more fetch quest type activities.
The bosses were the best part of the game for me, though, so that should be kept in mind I guess.

name one better looking 2D game

also, what does it have ANYTHING to do with resetera?

What's there to like? The level design is boring, the boss fights are boring, the upgrades are boring, the combat is exceptionally boring, and the pacing is the worst of any Metroidvania.

The boss rush stuff is just boss rush type stuff, there are a few new bosses there so its worth checking out if you're curious but all the content there is self contained, no items or charms to bring out in other areas.

You should at least try and get Ending 3, which requires the Void Heart.

Hotline Miami

Hollow Knight
Sundered
Ghost Story despite it being vaporware
Metroid Fusion
Do I need to go on? not him btw.

Attached: file.gif (477x348, 627K)

good joke

It's a good game but don't exagerate it
The sequel is hopefully going to be amazing unless they fuck up

Hollow Knight's bosses are the best part of the game, not that that's saying much.

Hollow Knight is my fave Metroidvania and i enjoy all of the games you listed, but none of them look nearly as good as Ori. Ori's "combat" might bring the game down, but visually it is absolutely the best 2D game ever. Hollow Knight doesn't come close, which is understandable due to the smaller budget.

Attached: CitIQg_XIAARbfE.jpg (436x328, 23K)

none of those look ANYWHERE near as good as ori
what part exactly is exaggeration?

Attached: 1534543210602.png (1728x972, 2.52M)

hmmm, no.

You're at the exactly point where "it'll make or break it". If you don't like the combat and the wall jump... it's over. You won't like it.

Holy fucking shit this is the worst tier list I have ever seen in my life.
Is this someone's real opinion, or is it just a troll?

>name one better looking 2D game
>Ori is made entirely in 3D

But to play along, you doofus, Cuphead. Not only does it look better, it has full animation, and not tweened like Ori.

You're either 10 years old or mentally retarded.

Ori is pretty different from hollow knight, it is much more linear and focused on platforming. It has a lot less content but its still fine for what it is.