Jim Carrey shits on Sonic fans

>“I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it. We’ll see what that entails because sometimes you find that the collective consciousness decides it wants something and then when it gets it, ‘I just wanted it, I didn’t care about it. I just jumped on the bandwagon,’ Ownership of anything is going out the window for all of us.”
archive.is/Yc5R2

Attached: 1545119306858.png (672x372, 500K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjJ9tt8NUQ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's gotta Carrey that weight.

He is right. Never let the audience make decisions on the work.

Yeah, and he's 100% right. Never give a fuck about what the fans think, because none of them are going to watch the fucking movie anyway besides a few memelords doing it for the Vine. Pretend that you care and then just shove any old slop out the door, they'll eat anything. They bought fucking Team Sonic Racing

>“I don’t know qu-”
NOPE.
>“I-”
WRONG.
>“the-”
I'M IN CHARGE.

How dare he?!

I agree with what he said but would like a little more clarification on his last point.
How is ownership going out the window?

Maybe he's right, the movie could be remembered as that live-action Sonic movie with terrible model, if they fix it it'll barely be remembered as a bad live-action Sonic movie

I mean, pretty much.
Does anyone actually wanna go see it if Sonic isn't some horrible gremlin?
Not like the rest of the movie will ACTUALLY be good.

As part of the agreement to play the role of Doctor Eggman, the directorial production team the movie agreed to let Carrey create the "initial" design of Sonic. As an artist, Jim had a vision of what Sonic would look like when pulled into a dystopian world under Donald Trump. Also, Jim always was a fan of the games and later on the artwork of celebrated artist Ken Pender.

This in addition to a sizeable portion of the budget of the movie was what got him on board. And only after the severe backlash did Carrey reluctantly allow the redesign. Partly because Jim wants a sequel where Docot Robotnix will Make Mobius Great Again.

"You nerds don't understand art, and like Trump supporters you don't think. You are all just lemmings. But, whatever. Fuck you I wasn't trying to make a serious piece of art with Sonic." - Jim

I've been a Sonic fan for 15 years, I own that little blue shit. I'm not going to let a washed-out Hollywood star who doesn't know anything about my neverending struggle tell me otherwise.

Attached: May I interest you in a copy of Sonic Forces.png (434x632, 354K)

People were only gonna see it for Jim Carrey as Eggman anyway

It was all a PR stunt. He was never going to look that bad in the final product. This is all pointless.

He's right. Reminds me of that story in the early days of Steam Greenlight where some multiplayer game with people running around pretending to be planes or some shit like that garnered a lot of buzz because of the silliness of it all, which got it a lot of votes and helped the game fast track through. Then the game released and literally absolutely nobody bought it.

Why everything about Sonic is always going to shit? The good thing about him is only the design. SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD

Attached: 1537360331019.jpg (438x397, 48K)

or he'll still look that bad, with the only difference being he has beige arms and gloves now

>thinking the people making Sonic products know better than the community at-large
Jim's outed himself as not paying attention to Sonic since 94

Attached: 1551232661657.jpg (568x535, 91K)

Hes not wrong in most cases though. In cases like the dumpster fire that is the trailer though its kinda needed.

I kind of agree. Even the teaser posters only showed outlines or parts of him like a leg. And even then there was enough to tell that it was going to be bad. Either it's all orchestrated, or Jim Carrey designed Sonic and nobody wanted to say "No" for fear of losing him on a possible sequel.

God this whole scene was so forced and cringy. It's like humor you'd find in the fucking Big Bang Theory. How did so many people find this shit funny?

Attached: dont.jpg (512x512, 43K)

>movie looks bad
>wtf why ppl mad that movie looks bad????????

Carrey may be a communist shithead that wants to see America be destroyed but in this one instance he is right. He can still fuck right off though, there is no defending the original CGI abomination. He's just mad his cut of the earnings from ticket sales are delayed.

Who cares what this nutjob thinks?
He's actually crazier than sonicfags.

>jim carrey
Why didn't they get based Jamie Kennedy for the job?
youtube.com/watch?v=wjJ9tt8NUQ4

Attached: SON-OF-THE-MASK_026-600x900.jpg (600x900, 127K)

Who asked for this movie? Not even Sonic fans wanted this. A live action sonic movie? Nigga really?

He's right, in the sense that most people don't actually care about the movie beyond getting a chance to laugh at the series again.

>Jason schreir is making bank and fucking hot chicks
>You're in a basement posting on Yea Forums

Feelsbadman

Attached: 24COLEMAN-articleLarge (1).jpg (600x388, 24K)

>personafaggot is a giant no fun allowed douche
>guys look how mature I am!

EVERY FUCKING TIME
Play mainline or fuck off

Look man, not my problem if you like badly written lowbrow humor where the joke is just one guy is yelling very loudly over the other.

Jim Carey is a fucking clown and a beta faggot that eats up whatever bullshit his wife tells him. If I was given the opportunity to switch bodies with him I would say fuck no, I would rather be some poorfag than some dumbass court jester with delusions of grandeur and intelligence.

I would legit rather be Brendan fraiser.

Attached: 1548094528446.jpg (537x608, 51K)

Son of the Mask doesn't actually exist. You just hallucinated that it does. There was a worldwide gas leak, that made everyone hallucinate the existence of a sequel to The Mask without Jim Carrey. You never heard about the gas leak because the Illuminati covered it up. Or the Jews. Or space lizards from Venus. Point is Son of the Mask doesn't exist. So let's stop talking about it.

It's honestly pretty sad. Mid-90s he was on top of the world and now he is the laughing stock of the world and the poster boy for washed up celeb still trying to cling to past fame.

I don't know what caused him to hit the skids, if it was drugs or what, but damn.

His quote is general advice, but in this case, it doesn't apply. A movie director literally either has not ever seen sonic before or deliberately avoided making it match the thousands of source material available. Fuck hollywood and fuck jim.

Attached: 1534255251716.jpg (731x620, 75K)

Because now that fans know if they bitch hard enough, the Sega/movie director will change stuff, they will make sure to go ape shit the next time a trailer is released and they spot 1 thing they dont like. And if Sega were to refuse to listen to feedback the next time, the fans will get so autistically mad that they will go completely out of the way to make sure this movie will just flat out bomb.

Redpilled as fuck.

Attached: son of the sticky.png (1199x613, 762K)

That's not him shitting on Sonic fans, that is him giving an opinion that makes sense.

Sonic looked retarded. People memed it. They are fixing it. Simple as that. We aren't changing anything major. It's still their movie.

He’s right, everyone who complained is still going to hate the movie because the awful design is the least of their problems

They’re going to lose money on the redesign

Is the whole fucking movie this bad?

>They’re going to lose money on the redesign
You are retarded. This movie will make bank no matter how good or bad it is.

>grr.. why aren't the lowly masses mindlessly eating up the putrid shit we serve them like they always do??

Attached: 1554395425969.png (774x774, 206K)

He doesn't shit on anyone, he's being reasonable

He is not a gamer and dont know shit what makes money. He is one of those Actors that takes the money.

You shall always give fans what they want, because that will make your shit sell.

Attached: 1465494820241.jpg (640x480, 29K)

The irony is too strong here. He's lashing out at bandwagoning, but it's exactly what he's done with Trump by jumping on the hate train and eat whatever bullshit his liberal hollywood friends/bosses tell him to believe and say.

I may agree with his opinion here but he's still a hypocrite faggot.

He's right. Social media has ruined everything about nearly everything, and the most invested and attentive fans are exactly the worst ones to pay attention to. They can't see the forest for the trees.

Not that there's anything to salvage in the Sonic franchise. It's been a shambling undead husk since the Saturn.

I’d be more concerned about him killing his long term girlfriend.

He does have a fair point considering it's Sonic fans, but Sonic still looked pretty crap.

>Not that there's anything to salvage in the Sonic franchise. It's been a shambling undead husk since the Saturn.

Honestly I'd say throw out everything past that era and focus on Classic Sonic.

Jim Carrey is a faggot who drove his girlfriend to suicide, remember this the next time you hear his name.

Jim's girlfriend killed herself because he gave her STDs. You would unironically be better off in Frasier's body.

Attached: 1563655212462.png (724x746, 473K)

>I don't know what caused him to hit the skids

Attached: jew paint.webm (640x360, 2.59M)

>>b-BUT MUH ARTISTIC INTEGRITY
fuck actors

His career is built on the idea of giving people what they want, look how many train wrecks he's made because of it.

No, it's far worse.

>Jim Carrey shits on Sonic fans

kind of a misleading title to be honest

>None of the fans would see this outside of memes
>Sonic fans will buy anything

he's not wrong

All I care is that Jim Carey has consulted with Christine Chandler, has this been confirmed or being arranged?

He's overreacting, but there's a hint of truth in it. But he's aiming at the wrong people. The problem isn't that they're reacting to backlash, the problem is that the product was bad enough to warrant that backlash in the first place.

Their attempt to fix this by throwing money at the problem and reworking it into something they think audiences want is doomed to fail - they can't fix what they don't understand, and if the trailer shows anything it's that the production team has no fucking idea what they're doing.

>for the vine

shut up boomer

Context? Do we know if Aaron said that?

maybe, but they’ll make less than they would have

Normally he's right but holy shit that hedgehog looked horrible. It looked like something out of a dr. seuss horror film. It was the right decision to redo it.

... are you in charge here?

Attached: Soyboy Wojak (97).png (615x411, 327K)

Incorrect, fans do not know about the processes involved in making games, they do not know budget, scope, internal capabilities, or anything. You don't give them what they actively want, because their interests are often very conflicting and fickle, and they can only give you a current reflection, they can't answer for how they'll feel in a week about something, let alone several years of development. Rather, you give them something they didn't know they wanted.
This is basic marketing concepts.

fuck, did he know?

She literally blamed him for it in her suicide note.

>I would legit rather be Brendan fraiser.
Brendan is now free from his alimony obligations as of 31 January 2019, so I wouldn't mind being him all that much tbdesu

Attached: 1559353126817.png (399x594, 436K)

We can all agree his best movie is Dumb and Dumber, right?

Are STDs really that bad? Besides shit like HIV of course

Well he's right.

Brenda Fraser is coming back yes!

From what I've heard they're just a huge inconvenience. The problem is you can't have sex without infecting your partner.

>persona

That aside, I have found that people that watch Big Bang theory tier humor, like rick and morty for example, really think it means they're smart because they get it. My SOs family are some of the dumbest mexicans I have ever met. They are constantly in debt, they bought a shitty house where the kitchen floor is peeling up because they said they could fix it but the dad is a manager at red lobster and has not fixed it in 3 years so they have an open hole by their sink. He argued with me that filibustering HAS to be on topic though that's the opposite of the point when I corrected him in front of his kid who was asking what it is. They own two jeeps they're still paying for after selling their paid off truck and paid off honda civic. Just the typical american dumbass family.

They EAT that shit up. Big bang theory talks fast? I can understand it so I'm smart too! Sonic has simple sarcastic humor? I'm so smart and witty, I do that too! Rick and morty has an asshole dad? So am I, I'm just a quirky smart guy who is struggling with the stupidity of the world too. They all think they're smarter than people who don't watch it because others just wouldn't understand it.

no, first Ace Ventura
Yes Man was also decent

Attached: 1491626437417.jpg (335x307, 23K)

there's a whole can of worms to open in regards to how much influence public feedback should have over artistic freedom. if left unchecked, any other pressure group can end up becoming just as bad as rabid feminists wanting to cover up female characters or "fix their design" by making them manfaced obese cripples.
however, the difference in this case is pretty specific. this film is being made for Sonic fans. Sonic fans don't like how Sonic looks. who else is left to please?

That's not Ace Ventura

I legitimately love the Mask movie with him.

he's right

every outrage is a reddit brigade now

jim carrey is a murderer and child rapist that will burn in hell for his sins.

Sonic is the weirdest case of a series that should've been dead years ago but is still going while actual good games die or are lucky enough to make it to a sequel

Can't most of them be cured by now, or at least take pills to negate the symptoms? Doesn't seem worth killing yourself for. Even AIDS can largely be managed now.

The STDs were what drove her over the edge. She was already broken before she met Jim.

I'd argue that Jeff Daniels is funnier than Jim in both films
Ace 2 and Mask are the only options

>man who can only act a single role tells others what to like or dislike
His Eggman is the exact same fucking character in all his other movies like Liar Liar and Ace Ventura and The Mask and Bruce Almighty and more.

at least Yes Man was kinda different

Sonic is only alive because they have the weirdest case of having a very talented team build something good then shitting on it for a few sequels, then make another good thing before the series dies again.
See how it worked for Unleased's day stages, Sonic Colors, Generations, Mania. all of them came in between a load of crap that would have ruined Sega

This, Jeff Daniels playing the semi-straight guy was what made him so funny. Jim's character was literally retarded who couldn't read the word "the" but Jeff's was fairly smart, but just made bad decisions.

Yes Man is literally what would have happened to Bruce if he got fired from his job in the news channel and God didn't save him
then the story of this film would have played out instead

So you're saying it's a split-timeline? Do we have a full canon timeline of Jim Carrey films?

Because japanise boomers are short-sighted.

there's just so much Deus Ex Machina conveniences happening in his films, specially the not-so-funny-and-more-romantic ones like Liar Liar, Irene and Dick & Jane, that I really suspect these films got something in common

Don't forget Bruce Almighty.

Yes Man had the hotter female lead too

Based and sonmaskpilled

in that one they dropped all pretense and made a film ABOUT the deus ex machina

It's true. This plays into the idea of what a lot of people would call "censorship" and "artistic merit". Caving to fans in such a way makes it so that a bad standard that the animators ultimately suffer for.

Zoey seemed a bit too young for Jim in that film. In fact, all of the friends seemed a bit too young to be hanging out with Jim, save for the crazy guy.

and his neighbor was too old to be sucking his dick

At the same time, the initial Sonic design wasn’t appealing at all. Even Sega said that.

If they wanted to keep any artistic value, they would ignore it and relase what they think is good, but they just want to sell stuff.

then again, at the same time this is an artistic expression, it's also a product commissioned by a company that seeks to profit from it
you can't make a profit if the product you're offering to your target audience isn't pleasing them

>Why are people sending me death threats over a series of moving images?

The "customers" of digital entertainment industries are generally pieces of shit that treat corporations like gods and their products as the gospel. Anyone up in arms over a poor depiction of a child's fucking furry mascot over the age of 18 is god damn retarded.

>muh mentions
>muh death threats
100% guaranteed get-out-of-jail-free card

BASED JIM REDPILLED CAREY

I did it for the paycheck. Psssshhh nothing personal.

>Mfw Jamie won't be picked for anything ever again

Attached: my-gat-cat-in-the-hat-movie-31944916-1436-1079[1].jpg (1436x1079, 365K)

Yeah, how dare I respond to I AM SO SILLY arguments with I AM SO SILLY arguments, my mistake.

>any criticism whatsoever = up in arms, death threats, I AM SILLY
sounds like you just want to live in a bubble, user

His words could hold weight if he wasn't saying HOLLYWOOD knows better what gamers want than themselves.

Hollywood is the most out of touch entity, especially when it comes to games.

that being said, companies with too much power in their hands like EA and Acti aren't being much different in this aspect
it comes to a point where turning a profit doesn't matter anymore. they just want to make whatever they want and be left alone, out of a misguided confidence that the public will eat up whatever they produce
then again, plenty of people do and others who defend it

He’s absolutely right. Sonic Movie should’ve never been delayed because reddit and zoomers wanted a redesign.

So Mass Effect 3 didn't need an ending fix right?

The way they shrieked and got the movie delayed, who can blame him?