Why is David Cage criticized for literally everything Kojima is praised for? Is it because he's not Japanese?

Why is David Cage criticized for literally everything Kojima is praised for? Is it because he's not Japanese?

Attached: david-cage-hideo-kojima[1].jpg (915x650, 134K)

It's because Snatcher, Policenauts and Metal Gear / Solid are based and David Cage isn't.

What are you talking about?
People here start seething the moment Kojima even breaths.
Meanwhile people had unironical discussion about Until Dawn and Detroit despite the fact that they have zero gameplay.

Metal Gear at its base is a fun game even when you take away all of the "cinematic gameplay" while at best David Cage games are fun ironically

The journos hate Cage for a bunch of nonsense reasons so they dislike his work by default. Kojima isn't hated and he has made great shit so they praise him for his work instead.

David Cage: Genius
Hideo Kojima: Hack

yes

>What are you talking about?
>People here start seething the moment Kojima even breaths.
>Meanwhile people had unironical discussion about Until Dawn and Detroit despite the fact that they have zero gameplay.

where do I start with this post

Because, no matter the cries about Death Stranding, Yea Forums is full of casuals who love movies.
It's why people really hated MGSV, because it wasn't a movie.
Meanwhile, they praise MGS1, 2 and 3 even though the gameplay is pure crap, some of the worst you can find among stealth games.

Kojima, Cage, Naughty Dog...
All these cinematic game faggots are one of the biggest cancers in videogames, they forced the idea that videogames should be driven by narrative and have a fuck ton of cutscenes.
Of course this shithole loves those turds.

>no gameplay
>abysmal writing
totally the same thing

David Cage's "games" could be played with a fucking TV remote.
Cage's entire career is QTE: The Videogame, over and over again.

Attached: 1539154557556.webm (512x288, 2.5M)

>people hated mgsv because it wasn't a movie
I hereby take your posting privileges

Cage gets shit on for his writing but he's proven he can write great characters and great dialogue--he just sabotages himself by adding in retarded shit that undermines the good aspects of his work. Kojima, meanwhile, has never written a single decent thing in his life. Anything even remotely good in his games was only ever due to being someone else's idea or a translator literally rewriting the script to make it not retarded .

Sure, people go on a lot about how it was unfinished, but even if it was finished (since there was very few that didn't make it into the game) people would still complain because for them MGS are movies, not games.

See?
This is what's wrong with both.
They talk about their games and people just talk about the writing, because there's literally nothing else to their "games", it's plot, that's it, the rest is just trash.
Or in Cage's case, non-existant.

This. There's practically a religious cult built around seething over Kojima.

sh-shenmue?

>Die-Hardman

David Cage is a hack who made movie games that pretend like your choices matter. Kojima is a hack who made movie games, but at least there’s usually good gameplay in between the cutscenes.

Shenmue was basically a lite point-and-click more than it was a movie game. At least it had a small, but open world and you had schedules to abide by and shit. It wasn’t scene to scene like Cage’s bullshit.

Indigo Prophecy was great up until the library. ALIENS

Heavy Rain was great up until the forced relationship shit

Detroit is an all around great game I can't argue with that one.

Beyond Two Souls I haven't played yet.

mgs games have always had good gameplay, innovative technology
what do david cage games have?

Because David cage made indigo prophecy/Fahrenheit and Hideo Kojima made Metal Gear Solid 2

Beyond Two Souls makes no sense whatsoever.
I think Cage just waifu's Ellen Page and had a few ideas of random scenes for her to be in, but didn't know how to connect those scenes, and in fact, he didn't even try that.

Have you not played Policenauts?
Boktai?
Zone of the enders?
Those games are fucking fantastic on their own. The only game I didn't like that Kojima had some part in was Castlevania

I liked Snatcher and Zone of Enders, played but don't give much shit about other Kojima's games. Cage's could be somewhat entertaining, but I wouldn't buy them at full price or replay them in a long time. What rustles my jimmies is having shitty B-tier celebrities (or any kind of popular celebrity) in my videogames because it attracts too many normalfags. Although deep in my heart I already know gaming is no nerd haven anymore.

>and Zone of Enders
Kojima didn't make this game. Unless you also want to credit him for shit like Castlevania: Lord of Shadows.

Get me out of my ignorance user. I remember Kojima's name in the game, but it's been ages about it. I'll always see Castlevania as Iga's baby who Konami turned into crap by not giving a shit about videogames.

Kojima was a producer for the project. Very little creative input. Just a management position. This was when Konami was grooming Kojima for upper management. He wasn't very good at it. It's a major reason why he wound up being fired.

brainlet tier rationalization. Scene to scene is way more coherent and allows for much more detailed and well executed stuff.

>Indigo Prophecy was great up until the library
I thought that too until I replayed it and it turns out all the choices you made didnt mean anything, you get the exact same outcome in each section if you don't do what you did

I did enjoy the game though
even my casual aaa- game playing friend that played it before me (it was his disc) told me the game is stupid and all you do is input a qte flashing color in sequence

I see. So who can I say is the creative mind behind it? Konami as a whole?

the two castlevania lord of shadows games are great
they also released a remake in hd with added multuplayer for a classic castlevania game and made a classic style 3ds game

David Cage is an ultra-tryhard that makes mostly pretentious out of touch shit with the smallest modicum of talent but no fucking soul. His stories don't go anywhere. They don't do anything interesting. They are setpieces and ideas strung together with production value and lots of enthusiasm, like a child telling a story through a movie.

Kojima has way more talent and works much harder, actual self-regulates some of his more retarded ideas, and understands that his characters and the events of the story need to serve the theme he's exploring or nothing of value can be gained from the experience. He pushes the setting and characters to be as interesting, cool, or outrageous as possible while still keeping them tethered, however thinly, to the theme. All of his crazy or weird shit actually has a purpose and links back logically to point of the story. Meaning, unlike David Cage, he's not a dumb piece of shit wasting everyone's time by thinking he's super fucking deep when he's really just feeling around in the dark, throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks, hoping blindly that people will like his work because.

Attached: 1279309443060.jpg (637x627, 74K)

Because Cage is epitome of failed screenwriter & director.

Am I the only one who really liked the gameplay in the ms games? It's not as good as other stealth games but still

Cage is a talentless hack. Even an inexperienced literal who developer made a better choice based game on their first try.

Attached: untild.jpg (1280x720, 156K)