twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok now animate it

Not sure if this is a bait post or if OP is just stupid. Cool gif though

this is so old it's still in gif format

why would i animate a still object?

that's... surprisingly decent
I expected the end result to look awful

program?

Before anyone asks for it, there you go.

Attached: 1562867176917.jpg (1280x720, 279K)

Fake

Attached: 1564702886459.gif (200x150, 1015K)

The argument that detailed/complex spritework has faded from mainstream productions because it is difficult and/or expensive is a double-edged sword. As a technique is utilized and interest in heightened, people develop new and efficient ways to reach the same end.
To that extent, the argument is invalid, because if the technique had thrived it would have been simplified and mass produced. I mean how do people think 3D rendering began and got to where it's at now?
The ONLY reason sprites faded is because of oversaturation of the market of people with absolute shit-for-brains who prefer photorealism 95% of the time.
Ergo to bring back a market with an abundance of unique, creative productions there is but one answer:
A Culling.

Attached: 22AD2F49-FD5C-4678-9DA2-1FA98CE099FA.jpg (700x700, 274K)

digitally handdrawn 2D art in games is superior to pixelshit

When does the tilemap feature come out for aseprite?

this. wonder boy remake, windjammers 2 for example

Attached: lawnmower.gif (900x900, 75K)

nice

Attached: 1564680189733.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Stylized 3D > Photorealistic 3D > Handdrawn 2D > Lowpoly 3D >>>>>>>> Pixel art

BTFO

why is aseprite so comfy

>Yea Forums hates pixel art
nice to know you fuckers have absolute shit taste.
You keep forgetting Yea Forums has the worst taste and opinions ever.

fake and gay

You're hired!

based

Aseprite

Make one of this cat

Attached: 1558870891945.png (406x720, 279K)

NINTENDO

It's a pity that a lot of that spriting talent did end up dissolving away. I wonder where the people who did those high quality sprite graphics ended up doing in the shift to 3D. Textures?

Attached: 1527173782535.gif (800x600, 910K)

That's because I'm pretty sure it's fake. I think I recall the guy edited the final version to make it look better. Try this exact thing yourself and it will look worse.

They hate low quality pixel art, shit you see in games like Terraria, Binding of Isaac rebirth and such.
It's because the developers didn't use Pixel Art because it looks good, but because they wanted to save time on not having to make detailed art.

Then you also got mixed bags like the recently announced chink game that has good pixel art in a 3d low poly world, but then fucks it up completely by having absolute GARBAGE animations that are just lazy skeletal shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=RYZbXhbMolQ

Attached: Anno-Mutantionem.png (1270x720, 1.09M)

das so cute

Yes, but please don't use that automated animation system, rotoscope or do it by hand, also, don't use the shit minimalist style, was fun for first games, now is repetitive.
Legend of Mana still the best 2D game.

Yea Forums hates pixel shit.

Attached: 1547024885756.gif (452x384, 411K)

Attached: 1478717546240.jpg (480x351, 11K)

>lowpoly 3d that low

Katamari and chibirobo are peak aesthetic

DMCA

Pixel art thread?

Attached: 256B1BCF-40BB-4AB8-8EF9-15A7B24D3DAE.png (1113x932, 131K)

ebin

This is pixel art.

Attached: ran1.png (385x534, 57K)

;_;7

>tfw metal slug is just waifu gacha shit nowadays

what game?

thx bro

how do I get good at art?

Attached: 1488690016556.png (156x194, 29K)

looks like shit. pic related is what a true pixel art character should aspire to be

Attached: Fez.png (300x300, 12K)

RuneScape

not all pixel art needs to be MUH ULTRA DETAILED METAL SLUG SNK shit you absolutely plebians
literally the pixel art equivalent of MUH REALISM fags

Well played you motherfucker

Attached: 1384921751537.jpg (359x291, 28K)

bait

nice

That's not pixel art. They were obviously not limited by resolution. That's just what could have been nice art reduced to a limited palette.

they get abused by their chinese overlords to stand up-right
youtube.com/watch?v=hPKyEGFQUPw

it just works

Attached: 1560335179756.jpg (1062x1062, 107K)

But that it is still pixel art.
Resolution has nothing to do with pixel art.

you practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and practice and then you realize you wasted your time on something so sad and insignificant as pixel-art and anime.

Attached: cosby_coke.gif (320x240, 704K)

>We used to have a daily pixel art thread not too many years ago

Yea Forums has truly gone to shit

I gotta go pet my dog now

Attached: catching some zs.jpg (1591x714, 314K)

is nice

Attached: is nice.png (900x900, 641K)

BOOM ROASTED AND GRILLED

thats pretty funny, aren't i right cat gang

Attached: oldest-cat-living-guinness-world-records-corduroy-52.jpg (700x435, 91K)

You have to be born with the talent. If you can't draw now you'll never be able to draw ever for your entire life.

In the context of video games (aka its origin), pixel art has everything to do with resolution
Sprites could only be a certain size and use a certain number of colors due to technical limitations
You can make something that looks like pixel art by reducing your palette, but that doesn't make it pixel art. It just stylistically resembles pixel art.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=d2tdSiQAF20

Fuckin got em

again, palette and resolution have nothing to do with something being pixel art

pretty sure this was proven to be fake

based and redgrilled

they do this do cats and even fucking LIZARDS as well

Again, they have everything to do with it

Asperite has a dark theme? how?

no they don't, you know jack shit about pixel art

holy shit its in sync

this is why I still come here.

Attached: 1280414111278.jpg (304x412, 48K)

>>We used to have a daily pixel art thread not too many years ago
People were posting the same imges, no one was posting their work, was just Konami, SNK, deceiver, -DE-, pixelflag, 2hou, Metal SLug, etc, same goes for low poly, same images over and over again.

Attached: 1541703062077.gif (620x620, 1.14M)

that's just cruel and horrible, i hope a fucking bear eats them for a change

Attached: sadcat2.jpg (1278x851, 155K)

jokes aside, it would be interesting if someone trained a machine learning algorithm to do this accurately like that one algorithm that created HD remakes of textures

Born with the talent. Practice helps, but you'll never be good at drawing without the natural talent.

It would take low effort pixel indie games to a whole new level.

if you don't think kero blaster looks fucking fantastic you don't know SHIT about video games

Attached: ss_6c5f6cc1786dbf8044f19a287b501bf70470a337.1920x1080.jpg (960x640, 119K)

If palette and resolution aren't considerations, any digital art is pixel art, as it is made from pixels, and the term is utterly meaningless.
Pixel art is descended from video games and obviously takes inspiration from them. It was born due to those technical limitations. To seperate the two is idiotic.

Being made of pixel also has nothing to do with art being pixel art.
Again, do your fucking research

i was never good at art, never really born with talent but im somehow decent from learning quickly,i learned how to draw shapes and forms from hours of practice and its just easy when you have an idea in your mind, im the best graphic artist in my advertising class after all

B8

>Cat wants to join the party

Attached: cate.png (42x92, 1K)

Pixel Art is a specific method of doing art pixel-by-pixel/with emphasis put on usuing each puxel precisely, unaliased. There is nothing directly tying it to small resolutions or limited color palettes, even if they're commonly used methods.

cute dog

you forgot the coloring step
now it looks uncanny
good job, nerd

Clearly an underpowered meme character, dumping you for the big titty character as soon as I can.

based as fuck

Attached: 1531937054773.jpg (125x121, 3K)

Practice until you are dead, also copy from other artists.

AWWWWWWWW DAS SO CUTE I JUST WANNA HUG IT

Attached: k0tS.png (512x512, 86K)

no i didn't, I just used a different palette with 256 colors
What's wrong, your little game girl can't render all those colors? oh I'm sorry I figured you were part of the PC MASTER RACE

based

Once again I feel a burning desire to kill all chinks.

Except for its fucking origin like I've said ten times
That's like saying clothing design is just sewing pieces of cloth together and has nothing to do with offering warmth and protection because it's no longer necessary

>filename

Well done user

Attached: 1558869323993.jpg (600x524, 53K)

No one posted their work because it got ignored
Which isnt surprising it's like posting a doodle and comparing it to renaissance artists

Attached: big_man_spider.gif (680x960, 166K)

this. same goes for everything in life. don't believe the hard work meme. It only works if you have talent too

>not 16x16
you fucked up.

Underrated.

that sucks to hear because Yea Forums is one of the few places where you can get real, unfiltered criticism of your work, so you either get thick skin or crack and kys

Attached: starwell.png (1197x1197, 128K)

Maybe I can be your big titty character tonight...

Attached: cate.png (42x92, 1K)

I don't hate this process

Attached: test.png (224x224, 3K)

you win

Practice, I know one guy who spent five years working his way up to decent and another who basically over night made his own style and is actively improving.

You won't know until you try basically.

NINTENDO

holy shit my sides

Attached: face of satan.png (256x256, 54K)

SOUL
SOULLESS

Attached: tumblr_inline_p7jp9wfIPe1ri065t_400.gif (400x240, 83K)

BOF4

Attached: 1554740926014.gif (500x336, 110K)

not a pixelart, its an ingame cosmetic item from team fortress 2, dumby

wait until the end.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p7j03yeH0t1ri065t_100.gif (80x80, 85K)

based

Attached: EEF9jcl.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

youtube.com/watch?v=QY1Vetd7OCs

MOOOODS

I'm glad you liked that thread and saved my greatest work, did you also save the one where she's holding a burger on a plate? it wasn't nearly as good but still, more 2burg content

Attached: download.png (264x177, 2K)

>party member leaves the party, but comes back later as a boss fight

Attached: punished cat.png (42x92, 1K)

No one posts their work because a bunch of faggots call it shit for not being comparable to SNK titles. Games where they had a whole time of artist with years if experience in the art industry, not just in video games but in film and TV production.
I understand the frustration with indie devs pumping out shitty looking games, but a majority of people don't seem to understand that 2D animation is dead as fuck as an industry. No one is being trained in 2D animation anymore and there aren't enough people passing down their knowledge to newer generations. The end result is a bunch of amateurs who don't know jack shit making an attempt because of nostalgia or they found a look simple enough that they can pull off without having to worry about talent.
I'm not providing an excuse for indie pixel art games with bad pixel art, just a reasoning as to why things are the way they are today. You will never get another Metal Slug tier game unless someone dumps actual money into the project hiring the best specifically for the look (Wayfoward Games) or an indie dev is devoted enough to work on it for years (Iconoclast, Owlboy). Even then, they fall short because the talent pool is fucking drained.

Attached: Muxy_Character_Original-export.png (164x136, 1K)

Attached: 1553551354265.gif (224x300, 399K)

Shit, that looks good

NINTENDO

Source program?
Looks neat.

aseprite

>Photorealistic 3D this high
Photorealism can suck my balls

Owlboy is a mediocre game, but the art is something truly good.
and it just get better at the end.

Attached: 1owlboy.png (2570x1080, 1.16M)

>and it just get better at the end.
Please don't ever imply that Owlboy's ending is worth sitting through, no matter how good the art is.

this program is neat

Attached: nyx8.png (500x383, 52K)

literally and unironically this.
Anyone who tells you
>nobody is good at X from the start
is either a shitter trying to feel better or someone good at X having a giggle.

Just draw.

Attached: 5abafeeea8f93.jpg (276x254, 13K)

t. NGMI

BASED

I don't get it
Why does this have like 30 replies

Attached: test.png (45x64, 1K)

You know what? Yea Forums is pretty fucking good today

Attached: gee-bill-596e832aa4dc9.jpg (448x456, 19K)

ANTS

FUCK YOU

>do this
>k
*doot* *doot* *doot*

Attached: test2.jpg (34x48, 2K)

You're an idiot.

Put me in the screenshoot!

Attached: when the gas hits just right.jpg (218x232, 15K)

#rekt

it fits too well

No, you are.

Attached: a-0000.webm (478x360, 318K)

Nope, sorry mate, I must have left the thread before you posted it.

I don't get it, someone please help

ANTSU

You have autism

posting in epic thread. greetings to r/Yea Forums

Based

Attached: ca8.png (820x1041, 1024K)

nigger

oh you're fucking KILLING me

Attached: 517.jpg (1200x897, 231K)

Holy based

resize them to a larger size again before saving so people can actually see them

I really want to see either a webm with audio or a swf loop of this.

ah that's alright, at least the first was appreciated

Hack indie devs blown the fuck out of the industry forever!

He meant to animate the actual object, like opening and closing the lid, not just moving the whole object around.

Here it is with only 1 25% size reduction.

Attached: test2-1x.jpg (135x192, 17K)

Attached: 01123794615845.jpg (390x310, 34K)

Horseshit. There is no evolutionary gene that provides drawing skills, it all comes down to how you perceive the world, how you can break down elements to get an idea on how they were made, how much did art affect you in the early stages of life and how willing you are to practice art for years.

[Spoiler]SOULLESS [\Spoiler]

Attached: nice.png (320x240, 14K)

BASED

Based malicious compliance

Attached: 8CDD5E1C-CBA6-4563-9C61-30EE6B5A7507.jpg (1326x954, 192K)

based

HOLY SHIT HOW

are you autistic?

AMAZON HIRE THIS MAN

I wasn't arguing about the gameplay. The gameplay is shit. The art is beautiful but the game is boring.

Attached: crunched.png (418x256, 27K)

Attached: 1556656564565.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>OP isn't a massive retar-

Thanks Bob

Attached: ef0b18fdfcf7e6e63eb09c6fb07ed55c.gif (800x750, 1.45M)

Nice coincidence, I just picked up a work in progress from a few years ago.

you can make it smaller than that, you just have to make it larger again afterwards using the "resize" but going like 200% or something

based tea basira

Attached: 1390669926171.png (571x540, 489K)

Holy shit, basado

Oh please.

Pic related, Araki's growth as an artist.

Attached: BcxQYkVCcAAWZYZ.jpg (500x355, 62K)

>Once again
>Not perpetually filled with a burning hatred for all life
Fucking pacifist babbies, I swear to god

Okay, this made me chuckle.

Attached: Untitled.gif (200x112, 128K)

I know this is a pixel art thread, but how does anyone go about finding 3D artists for a game?

I'm a software dev with no art skills. I'm using Godot. With the recent removal of Twisted Treeline and the not so recent removal of Dominion I would like to create a moba, allowing dedicated servers similar to CS/TF2, but for these two main game types. I have a pretty good anti-cheat algorithm that I have patented that I can use when verifying game authenticity even if on a dedicated server.

Any where I can go to get a 3D artist? IT would have to be free work, more like a duo project. I would like to beat the Shrine of Imana developers to the punch.

Cool program

Attached: arthurpixel.png (448x633, 11K)

Pixel art isn't difficult to create.
It is, however, difficult to animate properly.

LITERALLY DESTROYED IN SECONDS!

Attached: 350px-Demoman_taunt_laugh.png (350x352, 125K)

I'd like to point out, as someone who actually uses Asprite professionally, this is NOT what Asprite is made for, it's just a palette feature.
Asrite is an incredibly powerful and accessible creation tool, don't sell it short by thinking this is what it does.

Attached: 2h.webm (1152x720, 2.96M)

>IT would have to be free work, more like a duo project
Would you work for free? I'm not a 3D expert, but from the little I've done i know it's long and meticulous work. Maybe if you try it yourself you'll understand - just use a royalty-free model and try to make it game ready. That alone is an ordeal.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p3fqtsA9O81subj5a_540.gif (200x200, 47K)

kek

Attached: 1542525550385.jpg (225x225, 6K)

The irony is this is literally how plenty of old games did it.

The Monkey Island backgrounds were Steve Purcell's hand-drawn art scanned into a program that then compressed them enough to be displayed ingame.

Attached: 6b25f803a8e1b925db1f69cee081148a.png (1686x684, 1.17M)

files.catbox.moe/48dqwk.gif

That's the tough question. I would be funding most of it out of pocket to work on anyways, I can handle most licensing expenditures. I said a duo project because I would like to work in their ideas they would have too. I would want the ideas of whoever I partnered with to have a stake in the game as well. I just don't want stupid idea guys who do nothing.

Most Royalty Free models I see aren't original designs. And most of the "game ready" animations aren't in place. I've already gone through the 3D tutorials in godot, but how in the hell am I to design a landscape that looks even slightly attractive.

This is more cool particle effects than pixel art user

lol
underrated post desu senpai

OHNONONONO

Attached: 1559006525842.jpg (600x600, 110K)

It's not a fully automated process, though. They still go back and touch and edit it all up to make it look right.

is on suicide watch.

Pixel art is hard if you suck at art.

The final result wasn't too bad, actually.

What game is this

>The Monkey Island backgrounds were Steve Purcell's hand-drawn art
It literally says on the image you posted “Artist: Peter Chan”

mod for DoL, still in development

Attached: wwp1.gif (256x256, 11K)

>TEH EPIC SEKRIT CLUB JOKE :OOOOOO O.o HAHAHAHAHA U MAD NEWFAG GAMER? HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!??!?!

meh, get fucked

>art is difficult to crea-
look at what I can do in photoshop, /ic/ btfo

Attached: golum cat.png (1280x960, 1002K)

And people who tell you this either use this as an easy escape as to why he did not try or is scared of the potential of others to grow.

loomis

HIRE THIS MAN

So, this is what it means to be human.

Attached: weep kirby.png (170x170, 1K)

false and homosexual

Attached: hmmmmmmm.jpg (587x915, 105K)

the joke is user wanted him to animate it, and by definition he did by moving the jpeg around, it's an ordinary joke.

you are literally retarded
you simply need to understand language to get the joke

oh no no no no

The talent meme is for the peace of mind of weak willed, lazy faggots.

I'm an artist, but I wasn't born able to draw. I started trying to draw at a young age and never stopped trying to improve. Years and years of constant practice, study, and effort took me from the drawing capability of any other child to being a proficient artist.
Stop making excuses for yourself. If you want to be good at something, then learn how to do it.

Where does he post updates?

Attached: 578.png (587x600, 650K)

I am win

Attached: my pixel boner.png (134x166, 5K)

And WHY did you start drawing early and feel the need to constantly improve?

definitely true.
the problem is that for some reason as a kid i had these class mates who were good at drawing and for some reason i assumed that you're just either good at drawing or you're not so i never even considered to improve

atf

The perspective on the portrait male character is fucked.

Because I was introspective and liked Ninja Turtles, then Street Sharks, then DBZ.

>is on suicide watch.
Not even. A response to a post I made hasn't made me so happy in awhile.

I used to do sprite edits because I thought it would help me learn how to sprite but it didn't really work and I stopped attempting spriting at all.

Attached: fembuu 4.png (87x154, 4K)

Attached: 5902fbba88a7e3f0618b4567-3.jpg (586x440, 111K)

what a cringe joke, kek

People forget how important the "art" aspect is in pixel art and use low definition as a crutch to be crappy artists with shit color theory.

This is why I'll never respect most people who think sprites are the easiest thing to make in game development just to have low definition character designs and think you don't need to draw to make pixelated characters.

Attached: d38xk9fyp3901.jpg (602x777, 42K)

because is using a old version

Pick up a pencil and draw one thing a day.

>I stopped attempting
There's your problem.
Imitating, editing, and even copying someone else's work is a fine way to get started. At some point you'll need to branch out and learn some actual fundamentals, but at the beginning there is nothing wrong with just emulating.

you're not wrong

You don't need talent.
You need diligence, humility and insight.

Half the time people fail at art is because they're too stubborn to change their methods or adapt to other methods to shake shit up.

Post your art.

Kek

Attached: 47d.jpg (4685x2457, 313K)

No.

This is nothing new. It's a similar technique as using pre-rendered sprites like in DKC or FF7. You'd still need to model shit either using software or irl and touch it up. And you'd need overall good art direction, consistency, and lighting. I'd hardly call it cheating. Most of the time you're gonna have to model from scratch. Otherwise good luck making nice art with just stock photos.

legendary

Why do you assume they go low resolution because they're against improvement?
Programmer art is so called because art is not their main skill but they're making do.
Your image looks like shit with that gay painting filter over it. At least pixels hit indies don't hide behind that.

ded site

Hahah I bet you're still an amateur despite drawing from childhood, while prodigies pick up a pencil and get to pro level in a couple years.

If hard work was all it took, everyone would be able to draw, make music, write software, etc.

I wish there was more cute modern pixel art.

Related: streamable.com/wuaad

not him, but this is the "best" i've ever done. it's "supposed" to be ogre from tekken mixed with smug frog

Attached: Smug Ogre.png (1622x2745, 333K)

Fucking cheeky bugger.

Attached: 1564128877599.jpg (1024x1024, 70K)

it's up tho

Seeing this thread made me think of actually retrying desu.
I want to sprite my OC donut steal from Xenoverse 2.

Attached: DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2_20190614182215.jpg (1920x1080, 352K)

Bet whatever you want, your mentality is only hurting yourself and keeping you from growing.

>If hard work was all it took, everyone would be able to draw, make music, write software, etc
Everyone is able to do those things, most people just give up early.

Did they change domains?

yes

imagine being this stupid

put me in the screenshot you bastards.

Attached: giphy-1.gif (500x523, 260K)

You're right, it takes hard work and a lesson plan to learn quickly. Those prodigies actually studied and drew a shitton in order to get where they are. You putzing around with a pencil and no plan might get you somewhere in a couple decades, like most people who drew from an early age for fun.

Attached: watch yo self.jpg (124x124, 8K)

not bad... not bad at all

Attached: 1555928121648.jpg (996x682, 64K)

>the shift to 3D
They were usually just using 3d models (scanned clay models or otherwise) to make the sprites anyway, difference being the polygon count was much much lower for years.

Do it. As a kid, I first started learning about drapery and musculature by tracing Trunks.
Again, you will eventually need to stop farting around and make an actual effort to improve, but in the very beginning feel free to just copy.

they're autists, user

new domain is .moe

Attached: 1564857229666.png (498x340, 9K)

this is the best way of doing pixelart: no outlines

Attached: cate 2 - electric boogaloo.png (66x117, 2K)

You mean this trash?

Attached: 1562872361867.jpg (1275x864, 370K)

Yep. If you are studying effectively, you can honestly learn how to draw in a few years. If you've been drawing your whole life, you've stumbled through a lot, but with focus it could be done a lot faster.

i like you

Attached: 1471334652435.jpg (600x857, 56K)

CAT has leveled up!
CAT learned LOW MEWL.
CAT learned SCRATCH.
CAT learned SHIT ON FLOOR.
CAT gains +1 STR.
CAT gains +2 AGI.
CAT gains +3 SPD.

I FUCKING NEW IT WAS SOME LAZY BULLSHIT!

Looks cool for a single sprite. Now try to do this with a consistent art style.

Chiming in to agree that you are an idiot

There was a reason for that. They didn't have the tools to create computer art back then, at least not the good stuff that we have now. It was simply easier this way.

One of the best posts on this sight

>kot
cringe and soipilled

CAT looks at you seductively.
CAT says: MEOW MEOW ME-OOOOW....

Attached: 1563649176146.webm (320x240, 2.88M)

Noice

Attached: Dkk93C5U4AAzGm7.jpg (1536x2048, 773K)

It's fake

Now give him a really deep4U personality and backstory

There is still hope for this god forsaken place

damn you played him

how do i learn how to draw, Yea Forums?

youtu.be/Zf2qOWmKiz0

>meh
Anyone who says this is a pure redd*tor

What's the software?

based and grillpilled

pure SOUL

Here you go. It's impressive I know, it's the result of 10 years of training.

Attached: HollowKnight.png (810x1048, 223K)

your fucking ass is totally ruined, now. Go put a diaper, bro'

Attached: 1548138371858.jpg (453x408, 61K)

It's not an inside joke, you're literally just too dumb to understand it. kys autist.

fantastic display

Attached: 1553458290987.jpg (612x612, 91K)

Attached: green strong fail.gif (404x686, 45K)

It's beautiful

Attached: happy_tears.jpg (1024x1024, 71K)

SEGA GENESIS

EPIC BASED BASED INCLUDE ME IN THE REDDIT SCREENCAP

Attached: 1480860303106.jpg (258x360, 55K)

Pretty sure it's this
store.steampowered.com/app/1106180/SpriteStack/

sorry if I'm being stupit but what does atf stand for? I don't know.

Hand drawn is way better anway

youtube.com/watch?v=G6IdXh4MRn0

>Pretty sure it's this

it;s Aseprite.v1.2.9.rar

/r/Yea Forums here I come!

>Everyone is able to do those things
No they really aren't, if two people start learning something at the same time and one comes out with better results in the same time frame despite using the same methods then the only word we have to describe this is talent.

basaed

Attached: 1563087063849.png (1156x1324, 2.01M)

My bad. I knew that it was something on steam but couldn't remember exactly what it was called

What program is this?

So what are these barriers that keep people from reaching anywhere near their real potential? The answer to that can be found in another question, and that's this: Which is the most universal human characteristic — fear or laziness?

I do quite like sci-fi pixel art
It's a shame there's so little of it

Attached: A Machine for QTs.png (1280x720, 473K)

>near their real potential?
Whatever the point where people stop at is, is their real potential

GEORGE FOREMAN HIRE THIS MAN

Attached: collaged drips.gif (288x330, 310K)

>lawnmower

Extremely cute character sprites ruined by dogshit character portraits.

oh no

I don't fucking get it

try animating that

ACTIVATE IT

Attached: Doubt.jpg (218x178, 29K)

Attached: bikini dance.gif (240x180, 39K)

That's some good pixel art there. It looks like it's from a GBA game

It doesn't always work that way. What if you wanted to define subtle features? What if you wanted your sprite to not take up a large portion of a lower solution screen? What if you wanted to do something that was not as easy as a stock image?

Attached: Screenshot_20190610-114326_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 579K)

Do you have to ask?

LMAO, GET DUNKED ON IDIOT

Attached: 1531142233979.png (1053x1080, 362K)

Nice Hollow Knight protagonist art, how did You get so good in just 10 years?

Don't mind me, just watching anime on my virtual boy in between breaks of my eyes bleeding with the headaches.

Attached: vb1.gif (480x270, 56K)

OH BOY THERE GOES THE ENTIRE THREAD

SHUT IT DOWN BEFORE IT'S TO LATE
H
U
T

I
T

D
O
W
N

Attached: 1534270671418.jpg (640x480, 40K)

Legit funniest thing I've laughed at today

lol

done

Attached: grill.gif (190x190, 31K)

I like you.

Attached: 8346621523.gif (800x450, 1.65M)

nice

Attached: 1562710855448.jpg (477x579, 62K)

bretty gud

Switch photorealist and hand 2D and it's good.

Always give a (You) where a (You) is due

Protip for gullible retards: the final result is drawn. There are bold lines that clearly aren't present in the original.

how's this attempt at art?

Attached: wiggle butt.gif (480x360, 341K)

good job

damn bro you kind of fucked up some frames + shading but still solid effort

>all these fucks not using DITHERING

Damn, user got BTFO

Attached: ralsei cake pixel.png (765x708, 12K)

isn't any raster 2d image technically pixel art

>>all these fucks not using DITHERING

Need a dithering tutorial. Please!

Jesus, those falseflagger really got into your head, huh?

I'm not sure I see what you're talking about, but I'll take another look at the shading to see where I can make improvements; probably the foreshortening on the hand on the cane could be better for sure.

Appreciate the (you) though! Have a thicc sharkmommy that I did recently.

Attached: vergillia.png (1185x1196, 113K)

You seem to have chopped off part of the grill face on the left side. Nice job, though

That looks more like a PS1 model from Final Fantasy

this thread got based real fast

NINTENDO

HIRE

THIS

MAN

user on suicide watch.

10/10

Yes they really are.
You are just lazy.

>then the only word we have to describe this is talent.
Making a lot of assumptions in this hypothetical situation. Some people have an easier time learning than others, some people learn some things faster than others some times. Some of the time it's just whatever happens to click with you at that time, in that instance.

Attached: D7CB4974-978E-47A1-90E5-C0AAD2BAA2C7.png (191x182, 42K)

Attached: dekinaichan.png (480x576, 13K)

He's right, think about the limbs as cyllinders and and draw the planes of the tops and bottoms of the cyllinders and you'll see what he means.

gamefreak btfo

Heh

Attached: 1561932341718.png (965x905, 1007K)

beautiful

Attached: 1522266951790.gif (346x263, 945K)

FUCKING KEK

That's one cute grill. A best grill if there ever was one.

Attached: johny silverhands.png (412x232, 76K)

what program is this?

This thread gives me hope.

Attached: 1557075982671.jpg (360x360, 16K)

theme
youtube.com/watch?v=BmteLKKCuLc

1987 called.

Attached: c08a8cfdd0ce499f74edae491ae28e80.png (300x192, 70K)

Aesprite. Fair warning that OP is misleading.

I think you killed him

>this post
>these replies
This site truly has become Reddit 2.0

It amazes me that there exist so many people deluded enough to actually think this is legit.

DELETE THIS

Attached: keanu camera theif.gif (513x736, 127K)

I haven't sprite from anything since years, but it's best I could achieve for now.

Attached: spriteCocambro.png (439x473, 200K)

As someone who draws for fun and for my own shitty mobile games.

Pixel art is way easier. It can get super aesthetic, but it will always be easier. Anything you can do with normal art, you can dumb down into pixel art extremely easily. And it takes far less time and polish to make work.
Plus people aren't going to notice errors as easily with pixel art and will take it in stride, with more detailed drawings a slightly mistake can be extremely noticeable and you have to have extremely clean outlines.

Attached: 1534140772461.jpg (1981x1873, 1.38M)

What are some games with hot grils?

Cry some more nigger

30 YEARS mother fucker 3 DECADES OF WORK

Reminds me of FMV

This is why I like doing pixel art, I can't actually draw but with pixel art it's easy to just put in some simplistic shading, and once you zoom out the human brain fills in the rest.

Fucking unironically hired, bro. Hope you go far.

LMAO BTFO

Is my art good enough to make a game?

Attached: Leona.png (200x200, 17K)

MADMAN

Attached: 1553749986720.jpg (480x521, 49K)

that looks like shit, no

It would be a shitty game. But I've seen worse.

Now make the full sprite sheet.

A parody game. Your Leona looks very flat.

Yup. It's not even funny.

Have you seen the art in some games? It's absolute trash. Yours is more than good enough.

That's a nice grill you got there.
youtube.com/watch?v=UvHP1mUcFDk

maybe upgrade from paint as your software of choice

Mostly depends how good the animation part would look.
I think that looks fine.

what program?

Attached: 1547004686988.gif (640x360, 1.88M)

>what program?
>it;s Aseprite.v1.2.9.rar

actually bretty gud

Attached: Really_Cool_Pic.png (496x706, 581K)

>You are just lazy.
Not surprised to see an idiot jump the gun right away
>Some people have an easier time learning than others, some people learn some things faster than others some times. Some of the time it's just whatever happens to click with you at that time, in that instance.
Thanks for describing talent ya dipshit

I want to screencap this and make a compilation but I'm not sure how I can preserve the animation

Admittedly that's as much animation as the average pixel art indie game.

atf?

use after effects or a 2D animation tool like flash.

Nice reply nerd.

I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but I agree that natural talent does exist in all things. But just like any skill you can practice it and become just a good. Just because it takes you a little longer does not mean that its impossible to be able to master things.

Don't

>own shitty mobile games
What mobile games, Anons?

make sure to upload it to r/Yea Forums bro! epic screencap comp!

That's what I tried to express with the scenario I described. However to add to that, by the time you reached the point the talented person, he will already have reached a higher point, you will always be inferior, this might not be a huge problem in arts if all you want to do is pay bills drawing furry commissions but there's fields where hard work alone won't be everything because some guy is naturally prone to absorbing information faster

Yeah holy shit

Link to torrent or mega?

Please show your art. I hope it's cute

sure doing that is easy but dont expect to get respect from people in your field because they'll be able to see how lazy you are

Ebin

It depends on what your metric for success is in art. Is it financial prowess? Because many are beyond mastery in terms of perspective and composition and don't make nearly as much money as someone who is famous for painting their ass and rolling on a canvas. There is art for the sake of obtaining your own personal mastery and art for appealing to a mass media. I feel like your mindset is not geared towards personal or even financial success in the art field.

Attached: soul vs soulless.png (588x1196, 147K)

left or right

choose now

Attached: left or right.png (897x635, 713K)

HIRE

Metal Slug-tier

Top fucking kek

Attached: 1534101445007.jpg (800x800, 117K)

Left is better.

Right isn't really "pixel art", it just looks like you saved it as a jpg at a shitty res and upscaled it again.

Well I was assuming a scenario where you're matched up against a talented person otherwise the discussion becomes pointless. My mindset on art isn't really important for the argument at hand

Apply to gamefreak.

based

Attached: Uncle darwin.png (459x340, 200K)

>spirite can face eight directions
>artist only makes five and mirrors three of them

What program is that?

So wait, your argument is that when comparing yourself to someone who learns faster than you, they will learn faster than you? If so, then yeah.

no u autist.

>le screencap meme
fuck off right now nigger

Attached: lawnmower.gif (1345x1795, 1.2M)

>saved it as a jpg at a shitty res and upscaled it again.

but there's dithering

i fixed her

Attached: better cat girl pixel art.png (675x790, 53K)

You just need the same screencap with the animation the grill being in different frames when you make the gif

Just compile it yourself nigga, it's on github

It looks like something that would appear on the wall of a DOOM anime mod.

>shota

Attached: 1563665890802.jpg (474x362, 28K)

Pleasant chuckle

Bonus points if you do all of this in Aesprite.

Attached: 1484627434640.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

what program is that?

I think you're skipping a few steps here. My argument for talent existing is that if you are matched up against someone else in the exact same conditions and you have to master something, and if that person is naturally prone learning that shit faster then that person is talented. I have been both the person that "loses" and the person that's "talented" and I can safely say there wasn't any lazyness involved. It's easier for "artists" on Yea Forums to throw the lazyness insult around because the goal for most of them is being able to shit post on ic

You could easily train an AI to generate pixel art from hi-res pictures. Let's do it and put indies out of work.

oops wrong image

Attached: 1542400301055.gif (480x320, 1.96M)

Fucking saved

Duke3d Feels

any non garbage pixel artist can make pixel art in fast time.

>if you are matched up against someone else in the exact same conditions
Ok, but this doesn't happen. Art is not a competition. You can't "lose" as you put it.

my robot can do it faster

Why the fuck would you ever waste your time for this shithole?

PUT ME IN THE SCREEN CAP

bravo

just try men, they'll make anything into a competition

no.

It does happen, not in drawing maybe but I've dealt with this situation multiple times in music and sports. And talent can't exist in one field and not in other. You can also lose in drawing and painting since competitions exist, the market exists and the natural urge to be the best also exists, but this is just me being pedantic since I know what you meant to say

explain

It definitely happens in music, I've failed at trying to get into a couple local orchestras here and there, but it wasn't really a loss. I can still play music. I can still strive to better myself. Rostropovich existing doesn't prevent me from being a cellist. It doesn't invalidate the effort I've put in. If you're in it to compete, you're in it for the wrong reasons.

Based

Attached: ms ross.png (75x75, 1K)

I've done it myself, no matter what version you're on, that's what you get
It can't automate dithering like that

Attached: StoveLarger.png (400x400, 5K)

Thanks angry ass newfag

No, like entropy things can only go from soul to soulless so that's incorrect.

Hey cris, practice helps.
Therapy also helps.

youtube.com/watch?v=W7cFVUpgR4A

Where can I get this? I haven't played DoL before so I don't know where to look.

>newfag
why
because i dont want to share content with inferior websites?

the funny part isnt le funny reaction images, its the post itself, no long ass unfunny stolen image compilation neccesary to take a screencap, NIGGER

>If you're in it to compete, you're in it for the wrong reasons
No matter what you do, you are in a competition because either you want to pay bills with the skills you develop or you want to share the fruits of your labour with others, and in both cases there are other people competing for the same spot as you are. Sure playing the drums in my basement is fun and helps me express whatever is going on in my mind but humans alwas strive for more. humanity should cull anyone who isn't the very best at what they do anyways

He can animate anything.

fixed it

Attached: 1564865duder 947439-export.gif (360x240, 998K)

As someone who loves pixel art, I'm very much not in favor of super high resolution pixel art. I know it's not cheating by any means, but it just doesn't give off the same vibe and it kinda kills it for me. I still think that image looks great, but I wouldn't care much for a whole game to look like that, and I'm a sucker for cute pixel art (which is rare these days).

Time for a hard pill. No matter what you do, how good you get, and how far you go, someone will always be better than you. Accept this universal fact and stop letting it dictate what you do and how you do it.

Attached: lmao.gif (500x455, 496K)

NICE

I have accepted this universal fact and it's precisely why I never touched the drums or done a 50m lap in a pool in years. At this point we're just discussing different mentalities though, there's no point in not being the best

based

nice

Attached: 13452624643.jpg (219x250, 9K)

nice work

Attached: 847356348756931631.png (320x240, 34K)

MS Paint Plus

don't know if it get's any better

Attached: fixed 1564867381340-export.gif (312x283, 185K)

This guy is cool

Attached: 1561209479431.jpg (600x409, 35K)

Aseprite, it was mentioned multiple times in the thread. Also on the topic of it, is there a DL link to Aseprite.v1.2.9.rar somebody in the thread was talking about?
Fucking around with the v.1.2.13 trial and I like it.

gifpilled

>other people competing for the same spot as you are
Just like with Rostropovich, someone like Taylor Swift existing does not invalidate my musicianship. I can't remember the last time I let someone else listen to me play. That's not to say it's been a long time, it's just not a focus. If they wanna listen then that's cool, but I don't play music to compete over other peoples' ears.
>Sure playing the drums in my basement is fun and helps me express whatever is going on in my mind but humans alwas strive for more.
There's more things to strive for than I could ever achieve in my lifetime. There's always another song, another style, another instrument to learn, or improving on ones I have learned. You could spend your entire life striving for more without ever leaving your basement.

B.A.S.E.D.

>there's no point in not being the best
If you honestly believed that, you wouldn't be here.

This is fine and all but also so unrelated to the original topic that it doesn't matter if we disagree on this or not

thread's almost dead, so I'm making a new one

Attached: 1541530304420.png (690x968, 317K)

I do believe it but I'm also a coward

Talent isn't an ability thing, it's a motivation thing. "Talented" artists just entertain themselves more with art than shitposting on a taiwanese fingerpainting board

I want to live in this

Attached: cozyretro.gif (600x533, 488K)

Damn

Attached: 1561847649068.gif (244x244, 46K)

weak willed faggot cope

THIS

Lmao

It's just your mind trying to rationalize your self-loathing. It's not an actual belief in the literal sense.

based

nice one

Attached: 6639716-failk.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Attached: 1448026568950.gif (400x300, 1.43M)

That amount of samefagging spam on this shit thread holy shit.

Attached: 9B54343C-EEAC-4FA6-A9CB-A52C19268A0A.gif (220x165, 988K)

>indiefaggots btfo by a single thread

Attached: jesus cristo 1564868292718.gif (129x181, 24K)

quick post your stuff before the thread dies

Attached: enemies.png (481x272, 6K)

Nope not really, don't assume too much out of some discussion on Yea Forums, i know what I believe in, I'm only human though and a cowardly one at that

NINTENDO

Wouldnt that make for an explosion of indie titles, since now even more people would have access to pixel art.

What's this game?

Heroes of might and magic 2

Impressive. Very nice.

YOU CANT DO THAT

MAN

BTFO

nice 6 STR useless bitch

why do I want to fuck these characters so badly?

I'm pretty sure you could do this with one or two commands in imagemagick.

Attached: 1564395889216.jpg (468x321, 74K)

aseprite