All jokes and memes aside, is this series worth getting into...

All jokes and memes aside, is this series worth getting into? I've been tricked by Yea Forums into playing bad games MANY times.

Attached: trails.jpg (616x353, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=maoOI-F9Gks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends entirely on what you are looking for.

Attached: 1564436801405.png (831x1200, 1.14M)

decent jRPG with likeable waifus.

>is this series worth getting into?
It used to be, but not anymore haha

I have procastinated TitS S2 for nearly 3 years now, I am in the last chapter.
One day I shall finish it

Turns out I tried the first game it but I was 11 hours in and only in Chapter 1. I remember absolutely nothing except that I really HATED the brown girl with the whip. Should I just start over? And is the game seriously that long or was I dicking around or something?

It's a slow-paced RPG where the enjoyment comes from talking to the same NPCs over and over after each beat of the main quest to know more about their own little stories. Doing so will eventually engross you into the setting and make you actually care. If that sounds fun to you, go ahead. Every criticism about the game being slow and the gameplay not very unique is 100% true. People who love it just place the characters, setting, story and overall experience above those gripes.

Do you like reading books?

Then why are you asking again?

Yes, play FC, SC and 3rd and then drop it because cold steel is trash.

Anelace best invincible waifu

Attached: Anelace_elfead_akatsuki.jpg (700x700, 109K)

I've poured 275 hours into playing this game. Just as many looking for fan art.
No regrets. If you're looking for an RPG with quality writing (no, seriously, talk to the NPCs, it's worth your time), here's where you start.

High high are your literary expectations?
>High
Pass.
>Low
Do you place writing above all else?
>No
Pass.
>Yes
You'll like it.

they're good games that are hard to say anything bad about, but they're a bit boring due to the slow pacing. I enjoy them but I need a nice cup of coffee to go with it

cringe

Attached: 1533464256254.jpg (658x584, 58K)

The first game is playable albeit still a waste of time. The quality is a slow decline all throughout the series till you end up with gutter trash like Cold Steel

Test

I did nearly drop Sky First Chapter, but the slog was worth it for the end alone. And by that point, I was hooked.

I'm actually in the middle of playing FC but not really blown away by anything yet
The music is just okay, the world design is borderline bland and the story doesn't do too much for me yet but i like how lighthearted it is
And i guess the gameplay is pretty fun, i appreciate how streamlined it is like everything is clearly explained in the game and how the sidequests are all contained in one place so you won't miss out on anything

Its a very paced slow game with likeable characters and some of the best world building in any game period.

But you get out of it what you put into it. If you can't appreciate how each random NPCs dialogue changes after every major quest stage to reflect overall world events as well as their own personal stories which often have nothing to do with your own, you may find the game very boring and dull.

>the sidequests are all contained in one place so you won't miss out on anything
H-haha, yeah!
It isn't TOO bad, as far as I know, but there are missable sidequests, user.

Only if you play evo vita version or the latest GoG version with turbo function

I played the first chapter and it was decent, slightly above average in most respects but not outstanding either. I'll probably come back to the series eventually but it's not a priority.

So there's sidequests outside of the guild board?

Yes. You can count them on one hand, I think, and getting them involves talking to NPCs at specific times.
I missed some because I talked to everyone in the major towns and villages after every story advancement but not in one of the border garrisons or whathaveyou.
There is even a quest in the playable epilogue.

When is Xseed gonna release Sen III?

Aw that's too bad for me then
I regularly talked to NPCs too but never every single one

Considering how much Yea Forums loves waifushit, I'm sure CS4 is going to biggest hit here.

Haha... user... about that...

You'll be missing out on a few BP here or there, but there is some leeway in FC in that regard.
SC is much more unforgiving and you can only miss two out of, what, 300 BP or so to get the highest reward?

That one autist keeps spamming that it's the HxH of vidya so I can only assume it's shounenshit that takes itself way too seriously. Fuck that, I'll just beat off to the girls and call it a day.

Make sure you rub a good one out to Renne. She's a dirty, used up whore whose only good for that anyway.

>That one autist keeps spamming that it's the HxH of vidya
I've literally never seen anyone say that and I practically live in these threads

Attached: 1554988020302.png (424x432, 158K)

Skyfags being cancer? Haha, what else is new?

Attached: haha.jpg (220x198, 50K)

I can't say if it's being spammed or not, but that definitely happened before.

>go to this spooky ancient tower that houses mysterious secret powers
>literally nothing happens
>our dad bails us out of a situation that could barely be considered dangerous
>we go home and have dinner

I mean I guess my expectations are subverted but literally nothing is happening

Just play Ao on PPSSPP and cold steel series.
Sky is irrelevant

Attached: ea077d36a7cd40503882720e11c5e4ea.jpg (2560x1440, 2.92M)

This looks cringe as hell

It takes literally 100 hours to actually find out the meaning of those towers. FC is really down to earth.

You won't get much out of those towers in terms of story until later, in the second game.
The story overall is very slow to build up since FC and SC were supposed to be a single game.

cold steel is fucking trash and you should be ashamed of your shit taste

>psp quality
yikes

Attached: 1553969433393.png (886x868, 1.34M)

Don't bother with the series then

Attached: ec0e5d01d9fb3069bc8b616f2e611f8b.jpg (3840x2160, 1.26M)

FC is pretty much 50+ hrs long

>cold steel 3 coming soon
>hear it has the worst cliffhanger ending in the series
>4 will take another year at least to release in the west
>moonfags will probably be playing calvard by then
FUCK MOONRUNES AND FUCK NISA

Tell me about the dude in the top right corner, Yea Forums, why does he hold the domino mask?

haha that's our xseed

Why does this seem so different from the Trails in the Sky promotional images? I thought it was more of a grounded traditional JRPG setting, not... whatever this is.

haha...

It's not like cliffhanger in 3 matters.

>"I was holding back the entire time: the franchise."

those are just the "magical girl Alisa"-costume DLCs which originated as Tokyo Xanadu reference to CS.

>I thought it was more of a grounded traditional JRPG setting
Haha, that's our user who hasn't visited Erebonia...

no jrpg is ever worth playing

Its a very paced slow game with likeable characters and some of the best world building in any game period.
lolno. Kiseki doesn't have good world building. It has A TON of world building, but those are two entirely different things.

The setting is literally every fucking JRPG setting ever, but instead of explaining airships in 5 minutes it makes you sit through like 1 hour lectures per game on the function of an airship and by the time you get to the final game you've sat through like 15 hours of airship lectures

Attached: 1555234969782.gif (420x236, 1.78M)

I guess it all began with Joshua, involuntarily, didn't it?

Attached: holding_back.jpg (4000x1915, 1.77M)

Cope more with your otome trash Skyboomer

If you want a low-barrier, actionized game to see if you like the franchise or not, Tokyo Xanadu ex+ would be your best stepping-in point.

Unlike Trails in the Sky/Cold Steel, it's entirely self-contained. It's got a lot of quality of life improvements in general for the franchise, and the game's combat is more simple, actionized stuff.

But the big thing is that Xanadu is a self-contained game, so you can get a taste of the writing, tone, and general "feel" of the game's plot in a package that doesn't take 20+ hours to get going.

Trails in the Sky is very much the slowest burning of the series, and combined with the relatively uninspired combat it's going to feel like a slog. To be honest, despite it being first chronologically, I'd save it for after Trails of Cold Steel. If you're invested in Cold Steel enough to want more, then going back to Sky is for you. If you can't make it through Cold Steel, Sky is going to be an even bigger slog.

I have Trails in the Sky on Steam and dipped out, but Xanadu made me try Cold Steel and I'm loving the series.

Start with Tokyo Xanadu or Trails of Cold Steel 1. Trails in the Sky is slow as fuck.

Attached: xanadu.jpg (460x215, 52K)

Only if you like reading. It’s a lot of reading, and a lot of the appeal is the dynamic npc text. Otherwise the combat is good but only picks up in the later half of the trilogy. Until then it’s mostly just attack spam

Reminder to use turbo mode to make random battles tolerable. Unless you like watching the same spell animations again and again and again.

First half of TX is a slog though, and gameplay is a step back from Ys series in terms of fluidity.

Don't start again. Lots of people drop the first game because of the slow start. Just carry on from where you are.

>he hasn't played the 3rd

Attached: I couldn't hold back even if I wanted to.jpg (804x403, 95K)

TX is fucking awful. Don't listen to this guy.

Attached: Screenshot (73).png (1920x1080, 3.52M)

Just finished Sky
FC is pretty boring until shit goes down in the last chapter
SC and 3rd are pretty good though

Attached: 72017320_p0.jpg (1024x1024, 227K)

"Look at our new Super Orbal Airship, that only we got. But we gonna sell the engine to everyone for parity. Also we don't want our countries asshole to be invaded"

It's the of the

The big problem with Sky/Cold Steel is that both series knew they'd be multi-game stories, and it shows in how many cliffhangers and plot points they allude to but save for the next installment. For fucks sakes, Cold Steel's slow-simmering romance sub-plots take 4 games at eighty hours a piece to finally get any resolution at all.

Both series move at a pace which is outright glacial next to Xanadu's. By the end of your runtime, you've actually fully resolved the plot in a satisfying way, with no loose ends cluttering things up.

I will say that skateboarding minigame can rot in hell, though.

Attached: skate.jpg (480x272, 32K)

How come no one ever talk about Nayuta Kiseki ?
Is this a forbidden game?

Attached: Nayuta_limited_edition_cover.jpg (500x711, 138K)

>Whole party exhausted post battle
>Cassius still in his normal stance
He wasn't even trying

>Cold Steel's slow-simmering romance sub-plots
Those existed?

because nobody has played it

No English translation. Existing ones are spotty, and the PC version of one game has straight-up malware.

Dunno why it never got localized, but it didn't.

If its true and this game is actually connected to main games, I guess some people will get that fantranslated version.

You know how there are RPGs like Planescape Torment with really mediocre combat and tons of dialogue and constant walls of text from npcs?

Trails is basically that, except without any of the interesting characters, imaginative world building, personal story of self-discovery, role-playing choices, great voice acting, etc.

Attached: 1555516508791.jpg (667x593, 242K)

That's unfortunate, looks like it plays like secret of mana/Valkyrie Profile.

Yep. Apparently in IV you can actually take a step beyond the basic bitch dancing around and actually do something unthinkable for an anime protag and actually fucking PICK a girl and have it go somewhere beyond casual flirting or awkward glances.

And it only takes four fucking games to get to!

If you don't mind slow RPGs Trails in the Sky is really slow and comfy and it picks up in SC.
Crossbell games are some real nice shit and COLDSTEEL exists. COLDSTEEL's biggest problem is having too many characters and Rean being alive.
All the games are great if you love NPC dialogue. They all change after story events and There's characters you can recognize even in other installments.

Of course, if you can't stand subpar animation quality then the series might not be for you at all.

Attached: Hugio the Tio.jpg (1920x1080, 706K)

It doesn't go anywhere though.

You can allready play both zero and ao on pc with added evo voicepatch.

I don't like JRPGs but I really liked these games . Currently playing Zero no Kiseki and I like it even better than FC

Attached: 752e16461aef1addcfd2c790bbf5dd66.jpg (1800x2354, 869K)

Damn, Rean's girlfriends are looking slick haha

>Kloehas bigger tits than Estelle
What the fuck?

>evo art
yikes

Attached: 1537057782261.png (762x585, 422K)

secret of mana and valkyrie profile play completely differently

All part of being a cuckqueen. Or appearing in Sen.

Attached: 1542225454999.jpg (429x598, 40K)

It's a good old school style JRPG and follows the formula of a lot of SNES games but with better graphics. If you like stuff like FF4 and Chrono Trigger check it out. It is much harder than most JRPGs too which I like, I play on the hardest difficulty setting and I actually have to do double buffs on my party to win certain boss fights.

It's not very good. That's why. It's the same reason why nobody plays Gagharv.

Attached: ULUS10144_00019.jpg (1920x997, 474K)

She should drop the tomboish haircut
It's clearly not helping her to get laid

what an incel

Attached: 1537153025388.jpg (1280x905, 771K)

>It's the same reason why nobody plays Gagharv.
Because the remake ruined the gameplay?

Musse is superior to Kloe in every aspect.

Attached: 1559794663259.jpg (685x770, 279K)

I love this autist

Attached: 1518555399582.jpg (800x1131, 490K)

>Because the remake ruined the gameplay?
That's giving the originals too much credit.

Why hello there /m/

Attached: 1517681481208.jpg (820x630, 76K)

>All of her friends got laid
Lame cuck

>really liked trails
>want the lore of the rest of the series, but they all look like they became weebshit and lost the grounded, believable characters

it's a 15 year old series being sold as a new. if you enjoyed old jrpgs from the 199x/200x era you will probably like this.

It was alright. The Sen games are not very good though. There's a lot better series to get into.

Did you never read Carnelia?
I mean the signs were there from the very beginning.

Attached: 1555395835602.png (512x512, 160K)

Literally happened to me. Dropped FC for years, came back, played SC and 3rd back to back non-stop.

OH SHIT HELLO LAURAFRENS!!!

Attached: 1550141794077.gif (550x550, 190K)

Remember to use and abuse your goods on a regular basis.

Attached: 1564131484126.png (533x577, 380K)

O MY ISHMELGA

Explain to me how this series is /m/ again? I never see any mecha posted

Man of culture

Attached: 1523842563760.png (324x434, 351K)

Why does Sen have so many characters?

Attached: 1562864567636.jpg (500x500, 109K)

Haha, I wonder why...

Attached: valimar%22awakened%22.png (500x700, 187K)

There are mechs in all the games and humanoid ones are a major part of Cold Steel

I expect /m/ to have Cold Steel threads again when Sen 3 gets released.

Attached: Zector_(Sen_III).jpg (1920x1080, 324K)

Exact same for me. I get the criticisms about the writing, SC threw me off when they tossed in what seemed like deviantart-tier edgelord OCs but they grew on me a little over time even though the Society shit is still my least favorite aspect of the games.

But the games are honestly top-tier comfy for some reason and I'm really enjoying Zero now. Like I can hardly stop playing it. I really do like just getting dropped into a world that feels fully realized, isn't under some huge crisis, and feels like it doesn't really need you there.

From all the memes I'm expecting CS will ruin the series so I might as well enjoy the older games desu

Also the best girl has blue hair in a ponytail and a big sword

Attached: 1554159598975.jpg (1000x1090, 168K)

He deserves only the largest variety of pickings, of course.

Attached: 1536885211504.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

1. There's a line of ancient robots produced by some ancient civilization (ancient archaisms, reveries etc)
2. There's modern robots produced by Ouroboros (archaisms & Gordias Class-archaisms aka Pater-Mater and Aions)
3. There's magic knights made by another ancient civilization
4. There's Divine Knights made by couple of ancient civilizations which are integral to CS' plot
5. There's modern Soldats modeled after said Divine Knights
latter two are piloted by people directly and former two indirectly.

Sen 1 was a pretty nice game about students but it got out of hand quickly

Attached: Student Staff.jpg (1280x821, 271K)

nuThors>Thors

Attached: 1553142203333.jpg (1596x1920, 1.48M)

nah

Attached: 1537664974269.png (719x643, 1005K)

Haha, our guy Rean sure is a lucky man to be able to supervise all that cunny...

If I thought trails FC was just okay and I really like cute anime girls, should I play SC next, should I skip ahead, or should I play a different series entirely? Anything in particular you recommend?

Why did Coldsteel turn into a generic LN-Isekai?

It's hilarious JUST HOW MANY tropes they use. Is Falcom doing a parody?

Why is my wife Sara so hot?

They know for sure

Attached: Rean vs Lloyd.png (1275x716, 1.35M)

FC > SC > 3rd > Zero > Ao
You can ignore the Coldsteel games entirely.

release order. its for your own good.

Haha, go ahead and skip straight to Cold Steel, the five games before it are treated as one big prologue anyways.

ingesting lots of semen makes you prettier

Zero is easily the most comfy game in the series.

Attached: 137.jpg (1223x1678, 444K)

SC is much better than FC
Go for release order

What are some other game series you guys would recommend while i wait for Sen 3 and 4? (Yes i know that means 2 years of waiting but i prefer to finish everything in go and since 3 has a cliffhanger that makes it even more prerogative)

>all these /fg/ fags

It gets so much comfy art

Attached: 1515771054569.jpg (1400x875, 766K)

play Zero/Ao and carry on to cold steel.

>wander into a random hotel room
>starts unmarked quest

Fuck, this isn't good for my autism

Ys. Don't worry about "optimal order to play in", pic related is a good overview though.
The games are standalone besides some references, except II is a direct sequel to I and they're basically one game, and I'd say Origin should be played after I and II.
If you're unsure where to start, pick Felghana (only three or four bucks during a sale). But don't pussy out and play the bump games, too.

Attached: ys_chart.png (1600x900, 145K)

Attached: Sudden Genre Shift.jpg (1920x1080, 454K)

you do know sen the 5th or an equivalent is coming and the series is only 60% complete, right?

>sen the 5th
wait what
no but what about the "End of Saga" that I've heard so much about

Sell this on me. I only played it for like an hour or two and never got around to getting back to it nor do I really have the desire to.

end of the sen saga, the series will continue in a new country with a new protagonist. probably in calvard.

Kondo said they had split their development team in two, one to create something related to CS (most people think it's "the 3rd"-esque bridge game) and another to develop a new arc.
Pic related, the teased (probably) protagonists of that game.

Attached: 1546431767262.jpg (185x247, 19K)

Just the fact that he was using a staff means he was holding back.

Basically summarized the game's appeal.
If this sounds uninteresting to you, don't bother. The gameplay itself is not terribly outstanding and the overall plot as such is slow as molasses.

Reminder that Lloyd is evil

Attached: Evil touch.png (814x835, 1.1M)

>playing fc
>dad gets on the airship
>"here we go, this is where it crashes and he dies and that starts the protagonist's arc to greatness"

They definitely subverted my expectations

>thinking you can ever measure up to Cassius
Wrong protagonist.

Attached: 1553581132191.png (819x347, 509K)

Also surprised by that
Thought Cassius would die or something but nope
Also loved the fact that Estelle didn't went full emo after knowing her father dissapeared

its factually true though, cold steel is hot garbage.

>church is actually super based
>world leaders are mostly very competent
>hometown stays comfy and doesn't get burnt down by the big evil for tragedy points

Actually subverted a lot desu

STOOOOppppppppppppppppppppp

SPAMMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg

>deviantart-tier edgelord OCs
If you thought they were bad then wait until you see McBurn in Cold Steel.
I still enjoy the Cold Steel games, but parts of them really do deserve the criticism that they frequently get.

To be fair
You don't really of what Cassius is really capable of until the end of FC and thats not even his full potential

now CS
>nobody dies
>actually one unimportant guy dies in a really retarded way
>nothing important happens
>people who """"""""""died"""""""""""" did not really die
>protag is a fucking weeb with a katana
>power of friendship
>nobody ever uses their full strength
>red emo could kill everyone but doesn't just because

I never played a game with such a bad story, holy fuck.

Tell me this isn't top tier /fa/

Attached: 1535072241569.jpg (504x741, 235K)

did they finish the translation? always when I check they're at like 80%

haha what did user mean by this?

nobody cares about the geofront edit, it's probably never coming out at this rate.

>nobody ever uses their full strength
This is a problem of Kiseki as a whole though

I'm playing zero right now and it's fine desu
You can definitely tell it's a translation and the phrasing is often awkward but it doesn't really hurt the game in my opinion

>actually one unimportant guy
DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HIM, THE NOBLE ALLIANCE STILL HAS YET TO PAY FOR ZEMURIA'S GREATEST LOSS

>Action Platformer Style

Man, I'll never understand why or how they went from Felghana to any other shitty games that came next. Never in my life have I seen a series of games drop in quality so fucking much.

From tight/satisfying as fuck gameplay to changing party members gimmick that no one wants.

These apply to sky as well

Attached: dmzpxbpd6xe21.jpg (1015x676, 43K)

Not so much imo, on third Kevin uses his full strength, against Weissman he uses his full strength, Loewe really dies using his full strength... I think it's more of a problem with CS.

They are jrpg tropes so it is to be expected. There is one or two people who really dislike CS for some reason.

I quite liked how Estelle's mother's death was handled and the impact it had on her. Usually characters with this sort of background have everything revolving around their dead parent(s). In this game it was treated casually in a good way. It happened a long time ago when she was a child and she has had plenty of time to mourn and move on, even if she has some lingering guilt due to the way her mother died.

Seriously, that's a lame excuse, there are lots of good JRPGs with good stories that aren't so terribly afraid to kill their characters. The bad thing about it is that it feels like nothing really matters, you just went through an arc on the story and what happened? Nothing relevant, but that should be okay because in the minds of "someone" (aka Dorothy, the Grandmaster) it was all according to plan.

It feels really lame imo.

Loewe keeps sandbagging all this time before, as does Kevin who's putting on a show during SC. And at least one of either Zin or Walter if not both are holding back.
Also Joshua due to his switch (not) being flipped.
The fact that maybe at some point people DO use their full strength doesn't mean they don't love pulling this shit even in Sky.

What's this Adol Age thing?

Most generic, soulless garbage I've ever played. I tried to like it for 12 hours and that was enough.

I should mention JRPGs are the genre I play the most.

I never read the story. is it really about kevin's boss and sara's friend?

To give you an idea of the chronology, since it doesn't align with the release order as most games are standalone.

_Yes_

Are there mecha in tits?Or are those in coldsteel only?

Yes, although I disliked fighting them because they were damage sponges immune to most status effects

Just don't come looking for good gameplay. Story and characters are pretty great, though. Until certain point, that is.

TitS is amazing and only the gayest of fags say otherwise.
Cold Steel is EXACTLY what it looks like without a shred of irony, so make that your deciding factor for choosing whether or not to try that out.

Doesn't Pater-Mater count as a mecha?

I actually liked the combat system in TiTS desu, at least on hard mode, with the exception of a few battles later on which were bullshit. I appreciate the difficulty, the fact that status effects are actually useful, and that positioning and turn order is important.
I'm not saying it's amazing but it's better than garbage real-time combat or plain vanilla turn based shit

Yes mechs are in Sky all over the place especially if you count the archaisms

>the fact that status effects are actually useful
Are they? Not sure I used much besides clock down on enemies.

sadly, this.

wish someone pointed this out on that AMA kondo did last month.

I recall quite a few nasty hard-hitting enemies that got totally neutralized by Tita's smoke screen. Similarly with Seal, Mute, Freeze and others. Kloe's bird attack worked on a lot of bosses and totally fucked their attack power. Clock Down is the most reliable in terms of how few enemies resist it, though.

Smoke Cannon was fucking amazing

Attached: 1523314325421.png (331x514, 209K)

I'm in the middle of FC and is it just me or is the dialogue really bloated for no reason?
Like a lot of the element just kept being repeated over and over again throughout the story

I see. never bothered using Tita or Agate though I had heard shortly after my playthrough that the latter is easy mode.
As for Sieg, I usually only used him to interrupt and didn't think the attack debuff did all that much. But I tend to underestimate such things.

I’m at the final chapter of FC; just met the queen for the first time, and I have to rescue the princess or whatever. PLEASE tell me I’m almost done. I used to talk to every NPC between missions, but there’s just too many goddamn people in this city, and most of them are boring, so I’ve been skipping most of it.

I like the main cast, though, so I don’t totally hate the game. I heard this ends on a cliffhanger, so I guess I’ll buy the second one when it goes on sale.

Attached: A95DE854-8FC1-4277-9DE6-F6251DF7656B.jpg (512x512, 30K)

You have like 3 "dungeons" left

Combat in Cold Steel would have been so much better if it just had some semblance of difficulty. I think Cold Steel has a really good system in place, but it's hard to fully appreciate it when every random encounter is a joke and every boss can be cheesed one way or another.

You're going to go crazy if you play the crossbell games because there's so fucking many NPCs in that game that you have to go through

Best Girl coming through.

Attached: Campanella_S-Craft_%28Akatsuki%29.png (480x480, 156K)

Because defense is subtractive, Sieg's attack down made a lot of bosses do literally 0 damage

>Smoke bomb
>AOE instant heal that cures ALL status effects including att down and even the oddball ones like shrinking
>tiny health pool that gets one shotted by any strong attack

Well, you can't have everything, and to be fair she is a little girl

>Orbal Gear
>turn into a tank and proceed to steamroll through everything

If I remember correctly, you're gonna sneak through the sewers into the castle and then head to the final dungeon (which is the only thing in the game that felt like an actual dungeon in terms of length and complexity) after rescuing the Kloe.
And Grancel's size kind of sucks ass, I remember spending more time talking to NPCs than it took advancing the story.

>Well, you can't have everything,
Tita in 3rd has everything with the Orbal gear upgrade
It's fucking crazy

Separated at birth.

Attached: image.jpg (240x240, 21K)

Attached: Titasmug.png (1275x717, 1.04M)

Attached: 1537463679790.png (704x816, 274K)

So this series is basically "Tales of" but with dating sim elements and mecha?

>Kevin infinite immunity, Alan "infinite crafts" Richard, Tita super buff, Renne arts spamming
3rd was fun

Dating sim elements don't appear until the 6th game in with sen

No. The main attraction is the overarching world and story over all the games.

You mean in Crossbell

Are you saying that based on the name? Because they're not much alike besides having anime artstyle.

Well, now it's at least as trashy as those games.

Play SC, it's superior in every single way and introduces the cutest of anime girls.

Attached: 1562160350323.jpg (306x337, 35K)

>complete small story mission
>entire fucking city has new dialogue
>probably including outskirts, gates and hospital as well

I'm pretty sure Zero could cure anyone of that particular OCD through sheer burnout

No real conflicts and stakes in this grand story where no one dies. By the end of the day the genocidal murderers and psychopaths become friends with the good guys and they all live happily ever after.

>comes in to save you at the end
>twice
What a Chad fucking dad.

>that pool

It's so surprising Löwe actually died (unless you're going to tell me he came back).

SC's ending is so fucking bullshit it loops all the way back into amazing.

I want to FUCK this little slut

It's hilarious how competent the older characters are. If they were MCs all the problems would be solved in a matter of weeks.

Attached: real nice shit.jpg (634x364, 54K)

I like to think that Zero and Ao are the end of it. Sen is so damn bland that I outright stopped playing the second one like a dungeon before the final boss. I miss the Zero/So gang, my boy Lloyd and best bro Randy.

You'd think investigating some Jaegers attacking the Guild in Erebonia would be easier than locating the Aureole, yet here we are doing the latter while Cassius has to deal with the former.

More like a series that comes up with the worst reason ever not to kill the heroes while also being too afraid to kill anyone. The writing for this series gets really stupid.

You need to have certain mindset to play these games. You need to be high IQ. You need to be able to become engrossed in a world and interested in it and the people inside it. If you go into Trails thinking "WHERE'S MUH WAIFUS" or "WHERE'S MUH EPIC KILL GOD STORY?" or "WHERE'S MUH ACTION?" you'll hate it.

He is still dead as of the ninth and latest game in the story. A third Hamel survivor is introduced in the 8th game though.

Addendum: that line of thinking is perfectly A-OK for when you go into Cold Steel.

I'm totally complete Trails in the Sky trilogy but i have a question.
Is Gagharv trilogy and Dragon Slayer a prequel?
And does this affect the plot?

Attached: c3g8LmZ.png (1194x1384, 248K)

>already think she's fucking amazing in the 3rd
>Orbal Gear
How can other characters apart from Richard even compete?

Attached: 1515172500531.jpg (287x284, 25K)

Those games have no relation to the Zemuria story as far as I know.

Most you'll find from Gagharv is that trails took ideas from it. The only direct link between the two is the "Doll Knight" book series.

>villain blasting off again
>gets salty

based Kevin

>Church is super based

It's sad becuase I thought the same thing, but CS4 basically confirms the church is evil. It's a shame because the church actually being a force for good was one of the things that stood out to me about Trails.

Attached: 1544460083277.jpg (1000x666, 771K)

the only correct answer

Cassius flying in on a motherfucking dragon is something ripped straight out of a Red Spice commercial. I fucking laughed and loved it at the same time.

Attached: Seasoner Veteran.jpg (500x379, 103K)

My nigga.

>CS4 basically confirms the church is evil.
I'm thoroughly unimpressed and unsurprised.

If you just like cute anime girls go play Cold Steel.

Really, Ragnard flying up there at some point just had to happen. I actually expected that this is how they'd do it in the first place, not with a ZFG or anything.

He comes back in a limited fashion in the 3rd, but it's more to provide some closure and a nicer farewell to Joshua than anything else.

Attached: 1519078637412.png (128x128, 17K)

It gets progressively more m as the series goes on. Sen 4 is basically a mecha battle royale

It just confirmed they're lying to maintain order and might have no fucking idea what to do with all the Outside anomalies.

Attached: 1535278139972.png (350x350, 123K)

The story hasn't really matured or upped the stakes since Sky 2nd. After Ao and Cold Steel 2, you think the story is going to change tone and Cold Steel 3 solidifies it even more, but then the resolution of Cold Steel 4 is a big fuck you to those three games, especially Ao and CS3.

>FC at the top
You are my fucking nigga. That game is so special. I can't believe most people drop it. If you pay attention the story is building up from the very beginning of the game, the payoff is amazing, and most of all, it fits perfectly into Trails' worldbuilding because it's the Trails game that makes you feel the most a part of the world, small and insignificant.
Unlike future games, no one joins your party in FC and runs around the continent with you. They come and leave as they want because they're actual people with different goals and motivations. Many of the party members in FC only join your party because it's convenient. Some are even using you.

GOD FC IS SO FUCKING GOOD.

Attached: 1558667010929.jpg (680x1450, 826K)

that's obviously his proposed play order

He is dead
You even visit his tomb with his broken sword in CS3 and pay respects

HAHA TitS

This image alone makes me horribly disappointed about the future of the series. They look straight out of Tokyo Xanadu. The guy has a generic as fuck design that screams self-insert. The girl alread has those fucking awful twintails going for her that seem to attach themselves to shitty girls.

Just spare me.

powering through the first game with a guide and cheat engine is the only way forward. the second game becomes less annoying in a lot of ways but it's basically the same kind of stuff over and over again.

It's a decent experience if you want lots of dialogue heavy scenes and a wack-a-mole plot that will keep you busy for 250+ hours over all 3 games, that is assuming you don't want to use cheat engine and are going to be playing new game plus for each title to get everything. otherwise each game is roughly 50 hours long.

Haha that's our retard

Get ready for the ending. It's my favorite ending of any game ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=maoOI-F9Gks

Attached: 1544762661759.jpg (700x1000, 406K)

>cheat engine
what are you doing? turbo mode is in the steam version now.

The SC stood for Super Cassius all along. It gets even funnier when you realize his name comes from Gaius Cassius Longinus.

Falcombros, how's Xanadu Next?

that's just for battles, not overworld speed. but really it's to make sure you have all the stars and plenty of cooking items, which are costly and time consuming to get. the game's combat system is actually pretty good but it requires grinding, which i find to be nauseating so put the exp multiplier to 2x and call it a day. it leaves you without having to specifically grind but still requires that you fight pretty much everything in your way on every screen unless you're backtracking.

Explain

Turbo mode affects overworld speed though

>advocating cheating

Cringe. Play the games properly or don't play them at all, you fucking zoomer.

it's been awhile but i don't remember it like that, i'm probably getting it confused with something else.

>Grinding
What? Just kill a few shining poms per chapter and you're set. The game requires almost no grinding even on Nightmare.

I tried playing it with a friend but I didn't like the gameplay and him telling me how to play really turned me off. That being said plot and writing are pretty good. He was also kinda impressed by how often I came across these Shining Pom thingies.

>church is super based
Cringe and blue-gnosis’d

>wasting hours of your life grinding bullshit
no thanks
wrong. and grinding for poms is fucking annoying and time consuming. you make it sound like 5 minutes here and there will give you what you need, no, it's hours upon hours of grinding. I've played the game twice, I know exactly what it takes to get through it.

>Walk back and forth until pom spawns
>Touch it from behind so you get to act first
>Have everyone spam instant death attacks
>Get shitloads of exp and septh
It may take a bit longer than 5 minutes. But you're retarded if you think doing that a couple times per chapter takes hours.

are you one of those autists that have over 1000 hours into this game? why even pretend like this is a walk in the park? you are going to spend 20+ hours grinding in this game including just fighting everything per map. That's a fcuking grindfest. if you remove it, the game still takes 50 hours. which is a substantial amount of time unless time is all you have, which I'm thinking you do.

interesting books and well writen? yes

Attached: 1537470149782.jpg (648x365, 79K)

>malware
do explain, unless its a chinese pc version with that super fucky drm like ys7 pc had.

>grinding in Trails
I played on Normal so maybe that's just ultra-babby mode compared to Hard and of course Nightmare but I never once felt the need to grind. I spent like 2 hours getting everyone to around 125 before the final dungeon in the 3rd but that was only on the game's explicit recommendation. Even that proved unnecessary and made the place an absolute breeze.

Attached: 1561347443577.png (585x252, 209K)

the entire trails in the sky trilogy is overrated shit
still better than coldsteel which is the result of faggots on Yea Forums and /jp/ circlejerking around it because it wasn't translated and when people finally played it and called it out for being trash, they went on to circlejerk around some other untranslated game

>grinding in Trails
How can you be so bad at combat
The game even rubberbands you to a reasonable level with bonus exp even if you skip most battles
Grinding is a waste of time

So it does require grinding. Sounds like the devs couldn't put in enough effort to balance the game properly. Guess I should avoid it.

>>grinding in Trails
Really depends what that one user actually means by that.
I usually took whatever encounters I had on the way and did all sidequests I found, but never ran back and forth in one place to fight mobs to "grind". And I had no need to really grind on hard, even though most bosses took me more than one attempt.
The way the EXP curves work out makes it so you can't really overlevel, anyway.

>Unlike future games, no one joins your party in FC and runs around the continent with you. They come and leave as they want because they're actual people with different goals and motivations
What kind of beta is satisfied with that? Based Rean enslaves men and women alike until they forget who they are and can only think about his cock. Coldsteel is for chads who want a protagonist they can truly relate to.

Attached: A1B03005-78DF-42B7-B46F-E0C9F9BA5E5F.png (393x341, 262K)

I just played through this game again a few months ago and it absolutely doesn't take 50 hours. This is a casual fresh playthrough in which I got all the books, BP, and watched every cutsene since I'd never heard the Japanese audio. It isn't even a remotely fast time.

Attached: Untitled.png (622x533, 230K)

Seriously she's basically flat in the original art

Why would you even do that?
It's not like the game requires it unless you're playing on very high difficulty.

desu except for some old jrpgs grinding is only there for people to muscle their way through if they're bad and/or used all their items