This game is so fucking overrated. Why do boomerfags insist that classic Sonic is any good...

This game is so fucking overrated. Why do boomerfags insist that classic Sonic is any good? Just look at the steamcharts! Practically nobody plays it!

Attached: Sonic mania.jpg (460x215, 47K)

people are more forgiving towards games that remind them of the good old days

Attached: 4B9D41FC-870C-40AE-A0D7-9EF14A3833D9.jpg (600x733, 29K)

So is your mom, but I still play her.

classic sonic is great
mania is ok but feels more like a romhack than a real sonic game

games are so shitty that even romhacks look like a godsend these days

You couldn't explain how that is the case of you tried. You only say that because you heard other people say it and aren't able to properly articulate your actual opinions.

It's a single player, level-based platformer. Not oozing what we call "replay value". That said I loved the 40 hours I put into it.

I played it on Switch and had a great time. I even did multiple playthroughs as every character. I don't know what you're on about...

How does something feel like a romhack?

>WHY IS NOBODY PLAYING A SINGLEPLAYER GAME EVERYONE FINISHED A MONTH AFTER THE LAUNCH
fortnite zoomers should be shot

>steam is everything

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 81K)

This is a problem, though. Why do fags insist that this is the only way Sonic should remain? No one cares after a month has passed.

(You)
>You couldn't explain how that is the case of you tried. You only say that because you heard other people say it and aren't able to properly articulate your actual opinions.
nigga classic sonic was groundbreaking.
slightly uneven terrain on straight paths where the character moves up and down slightly when every other platformer was straight lines. functional pinball physics and momentum.
even if you ignore the visuals, the gameplay was impressive.

Attached: 1401836847993.png (512x644, 95K)

good thread, classic sonic sucks, 3D and modern style is better

>wanting more ''games as a service'' bullshit

Fastpaced singleplayer games that rely on quick fingers rather than being smart at excel spreadsheets don't warrant years of continued discussion. You would know this if you weren't 14.

>look at steamcharts

lmao

Attached: 1539534832086.png (512x528, 345K)

So sorry you didn’t get to experience the 90’s little zoom zoom, they were a special time for gaming

>Hurr, look at steamcharts!
The only reason it's below Adventure 2 (and only by 10 or so people) is becuase it doesn't offer the replay value of a chao garden. This isn't the fault of Mania, the chao garden is practically a second, far longer game by itself.

7HMM5-H2E5H-9P5N2

Attached: Steam.png (256x256, 42K)

I'm sorry user.

Attached: mmmania.png (692x571, 777K)

My post was in response to this
>feels more like a romhack than a real sonic game

I had a lot of fun playing as Ray in this game. Mighty was cool too, I just wish they had top-down vertida levels for him like they have climbing levels for Knuckles.

Lolno

>feels more like a romhack than a real sonic game
For what Mania was trying to accomplish, that's actually a compliment.

>devs never added special stages to the time attack mode

Attached: 1552692850163.png (254x590, 138K)

>insist that this is the only way Sonic should remain?
It isn’t just Sonic. This is how most games used to be and how many still are. What did you expect, monthly DLC updates? The game is 2 years old and people have moved on. That’s fine.

Classuck sonic is boring. The classic levels in generations were boring. The old games are repetitive and boring. I can still play adventure, heroes, riders, and unleashed today because theyre exciting and actually fast with cool graphics and music. 2D games are just inferior to 3D

The real problem with Mania is transitions and classic levels being shoehorned.

>heroes, riders, and unleashed

Attached: 571768FE-8871-4449-9CCB-FB8A854C64E3.png (325x533, 297K)

You got your ass handed to you in Chemical Plant Zone didn't you?

I did mania run with every character, beat encore but working on getting all the emeralds. Shit’s actually pretty hard. It’s the most fun and well made sonic game in recent memory. Maybe it’s nostalgia goggles but the game is better than anything sonic team has given us since Adventure 2

Daily reminder classic sonic is better than 2D Mario

Nah.

Sonic is so good they have to remake the first 2 games over and over again for anyone to care.

>I want my 2D Sonic games to feel inauthentic
I'll never get this "ROMhack" argument.

It's true, the New SMB Series is Ass

Keep crying fags S3K is better than any Mario game