2 months left before the economy jumps off a cliff 1930 style

2 months left before the economy jumps off a cliff 1930 style

what are some good single player games to play while hiding out and waiting for everything to calm the fuck down

preferably disk based content since online services will likely go down

pic related

Attached: ff7.png (800x450, 450K)

Enix died 10 years ago

Attached: 1538108926361.png (960x308, 11K)

it wasnt great, but i liked xiii 3
and xv wasnt really a final fantasy game but the vibes were nice

>Not including VI in the golden era
Son of a submariner

Attached: fedrates.png (2082x1230, 171K)

probably gona line up perfectly with brexit

Attached: inversion.jpg (890x501, 70K)

What happens in two months?

great depression style recession

state debt is through the roof, rates are on the floor and banks are struggling so central banks wont have many moves to try an 07/08 style recovery since we never really fully recover from the last round of qe

so its either negative rates and print infinate moneys

or state debt / banks / the market comes tumbling down

7 doesn't hold up that well and it's apparent how desperately Square was grabbing at designs directly competitive with its contemporaries Persona/Shin Megami... 7's battle/materia growth system hold up reasonably well but when you look at the plot as a whole, it's obvious how unraveled and half-baked even the most crucial defails are. The plot itself feels like it went through 4-5 significant rewrites, with elements of each being retained. Especially related to handling Cloud/Zach's back stories, they do a poor job of integrating it all, just like they do a poor job of convincing the gamer that Mako energy is as well implemented as the plot asserts it is. If that's the case, why are Midgar and the imperial city the only places that aren't just steampunk hamlets. 6, 8 and 9, even 10, all hold up with more cohesive plotting and persistently enjoyable gameplay.

i really like the initial midgar stuff
but i agree it goes a bit wobbly after

we cant afford to bail out the banks this time

Attached: projection.png (1200x574, 36K)

using classic megaphone structure suggests a 25-30% drop in october

but the knock on ripple effect will then set a chain of bad things off that is almost incalculable

with banks going under, companies going under, states defaulting on debt payments etc

Attached: 30percent.jpg (1200x712, 72K)

>states defaulting on debt payments
fun LARP but you reached too much here

i hope im larping

but economic cycles dont last forever

and the global economy is very weak at the moment it cant take a recession

so if we was to estimate when peak risk of collapse is

october seems to me like the most logical date

A bunch of paranoid faggots on the internet will be proven wrong.

okay retard

in 1929 everything seemed great, unemployment was the lowest it had ever been

very few people saw 1930 coming

i understand this just looks like schizo rambling

and maybe it is haha

but believing me isnt important, i just want a nice stack of old games to play

this graph is almost perfect.

you don't have to keep posting

Attached: image.jpg (788x524, 133K)

is this thread about economics or games

People would probably take you more seriously if you didn't press enter twice after every short statement, if you utilized capitalization and punctuation, and if you actually knew what you were talking about.

Attached: 1507159153572.webm (674x720, 397K)

All jokes aside, sort your spacing out, m8

recommend some comfy games that will fit the vibe of a depression era

Why are banks so retarded that they let this happen?

its Yea Forums no one was ever going to take me seriously

but if Yea Forums is still around in 2020 maybe ill get a screencap memorial thread

Banks are ran by people with more Xanax in their blood than oxygen

combination of greed and inevitability

indefinate growth is impossible

there needs to be incremental resets at the peaks

Money don't always do money things

Banks can only fit so many people in them

Sometimes people forget to sign their checks

The bank teller near my house was rude to me yesterday

The stock market has a trick or two up its sleeve

Hello OP

>oh shit nobody is asking me about the first line of text i put, damn what can i do? oh ill pretend im someone else asking so people can notice i want to talk about economics hehe

Persona 3 and pic related are really good single player games that I used to bury myself in.

Attached: 9543CD21-8859-4245-B0CF-2EB2C72232B0.jpg (220x311, 32K)

>humans create an imaginary thing called the economy
>pretend like it's some fundamental law of the universe that controls our lives

Lilika Rhyza is mah fuckin waifu

Attached: 6C01BB64-2182-4111-8930-72DFB4DC0B80.jpg (620x1100, 112K)

Nice

spacing

dude

i enjoyed 4 and 5 but havent played 3 yet ty ill order a copy now

i totally forgot this existed ill order a copy of this too i remember it looking like jrpg star wars which seemed pretty cool at the time

It does, everyone you know is trapped in the capitalist hell hole the global economy has become. People treated like shit, wealthy line their pockets with even more wealth that they'll never be able to spend, and they all lobby government for policies that benefit them and fuck everyone else. My favorite part is the poor and exploited will defend to the death the 'right' for the rich and wealthy to fuck them in the ass.

Because the people who benefit most can jump ship before any consequences occur.

3 is a little janky when compared to 4/5 but I personally enjoy the themes of accepting and overcoming tragedy.
Rogue Galaxy has a pretty good action, a cheesy story, and a fun chess-like minigame with bugs you catch.

Right u are

Devil survivor overclocked is pretty good people have already recommended persona but devil survivor is very similar but it’s a SRPG don’t let that scare you away because for unit on unit battles it has a mini version of SMT/persona combat it also tackles themes of societal collapse

Attached: 664AF82D-ADBD-4AD2-B148-7CF0E85E4CFC.jpg (500x667, 115K)

SRPG?
Haven’t heard that one before, what’s it mean?

lurk more

excellent thank you

Strategy role playing game

I’ve been doing that since 2012 and I’ve discovered it’s a spook to get less people talking.
Lemme guess “Simul”RPG?

strategy role playing game

Huh.
Thanks for the clarification!

>me oldfag
>me come in 2012
>me lurk enough!
pic related

Attached: ear bong.jpg (500x282, 35K)

I’m not an oldfag.
I didn’t say 2006/7
You alright there?

yea im okay

Good.
Ya have any single player games that me or Mr. Paranoid might have missed out on?

Tactics Ogre is the original srpg if you want to learn even more about the genre.

Klonoa 1 and 2

welp, it's time to sell my dollars currency

Hell yeah!

So I'm guessing I should wait before I invest into stocks?

you can't time the market. the crash may happen next year, 5+ years, or not at all. if you have money now, you should open a roth ira and start investing now. if you're looking short term and you'll need your savings soon, yeah don't do the stock market.

the .hack RPGs are pretty time consuming and have an interesting setting and concept

I remember watching .hack//Sign on Toonami.
Do the games follow a similar storyline or are they different?

There's tons of great stuff, just get the full ROM packs for 3rd, 4th and N64 games and you'll play till society collapses as a whole.

//Sign is directly related to the first four games, Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine
The GU games take place 7 years after, and .hack//Roots takes place before the GU games
.hack//Gift is worth watching because its a parody of //Sign and IMOQ and its pretty funny

ignore everything else

I want to be a poorfag!

>14 exists for and by greed
>biggest loveletter to ff games in general ever

:thinking:

Wasn't this "depression" supposed to hit a while back
I remember some doomsaying on Yea Forums about it

Every once in a while some idiot starts a thread about this or that catasrophic event that's supposedly "guaranteed" in the near future

Then nothing happens

eh we've been skidding along lately, but the point is people on anonymous image boards will say everything bad will happen and then when it doesn't, it doesn't matter, and if it does, then they're right.

Look at ToRtanic. (Even though maybe don't cause it makes EA a lot of money)

It's slow boil from here on out. No more massive """corrections""" because they make people very angry.

>doomer threads
Fuck off.

XIII-3 is legit good tho.

if you know its coming you can take a short position against it
BLOOMER THREAD CONFIRMED