How much would you be willing to pay for the PS5?

>theverge.com/2019/7/30/20747549/sony-playstation-ps4-china-tariffs
How much would you be willing to pay for the PS5?
How much do you think Sony are going to ask for it?

Attached: meta-data-images_default.jpg (1200x630, 56K)

As much as I need to to keep dabbing on Nintendies for another generation.

As much as Sony wants. They can ask for 1000 dollars and I'll still pay. Never have they lead us wrong

based south american dictator drumpf

>microsoft will be wary of tariffs and just make a weaker console, Sony will roll the dice once again like gddr5 8gb and get a console 40% stronger than xbox.

Realistically I'd pay about 1k if they come out swinging.

no effect outside of burgertown so its ok

Depends on if it has full backwards compatibility

PS1/2/3/ and 4

Wouldn't it be the other way around?
MS can afford to pay if they had to, Sony can't.

I actually think it'll be the other way around. Microsoft have essentially stopped giving a shit about the Xbox divisions profitability and pretty much treated it as the RnD-departments little plaything this generation. It is very possible that Sony will release an 800 dollar machine that is still weaker than Microsoft's 400 dollar box, simply because Microsoft are more interested in buying consumer loyalty than they are in selling Xboxes.

I agree with these guys. Microsoft's main point of profit isn't the Xbox. It never has been and it never will be.

Sony desperately NEED the Playstation to make money in order to stay afloat. It wouldn't surprise me if they push the price to high in an attempt to bank as much as possible, and then the Xbox Two comes out at like 300 bucks or something insane.

Won't buy one until I see a decent lineup of first-party titles. Right now Window's 10 and Xbox-Pass seem like a good combo and with the Switch for the go, I can not complain. Sony used to hook me with Yakuza but this seems to be ported to PC now and I have high hopes the rest of the Japanese market goes that direction.

MS is getting affected by tariffs too, idiots.

It won't be the other way around cause Sony relies on Playstation more than ever, and microsoft doesn't even post the profit they earn from xbox, only revenue.

Xbox doesn't make much profit as is, they can't justify risky loss leader stuff. Xb1X would have launched at 399 if MS was risky

Both companies make billions. They can afford to lose $100 more on their console;

am*ricans ruined everything once again!
kill a am*rilard today!

Sony playstation is a worldwide brand, usa is a major market, but the us tariffs will sort themselves out sometime in gen, and they will be selling console elsewhere easily. Ms is usa centric, so tariffs will bother em

Nothing. They are the most anti consumer brand out there, so I'm keeping my money. Even if it's like 10 bucks.

I'd pay up to 1k for TLOU2.

Full backwards compatibility and it's a monster
$1000

PS4 backwards compatibility and it's kinda strong
$600

Are there people ITT who would seriously pay A THOUSAND DOLLARS for a censorstation?

You're serious?

First day on Yea Forums? Sony'ggers aren't exactly known for their razor-intellect.

Attached: Freddy Francesco.jpg (298x247, 49K)

Fucking lol. Long time since I've seen that one.

Still. This was surprising to me, so I had to affirm his sincerity.

Stay, you will see re-affirming evidence soon enough.

only retards buy consoles at launch. i learned my lesson with ps4
in 3 years it will be half the price with better design and possibly even have games

Can you not read?
I said that MS can actually afford to pay tariffs because it's one of the biggest companies in the world.

Microsoft bought out Minecraft for 2 billion and already has invested for a billion on on other shit. Microsoft would sell at a bigger loss than sony out of spite.

If Microsoft actually pulls off BC between all xboxes at launch, I'll gladly buy a Scarlett at launch. Even if it launches with only Halo, I'll still have my 500+ games at the ready.

Just buy a PC at that point.

Halo 5 is already confirmed a cross gen title, same with backwards compt for all previously added games from this year. Do you not follow their news?

The business nowadays is to sell subscriptions so they could take a small hit to profits ility when selling the ps5

why not just build a gaming pc

I'm a gamer, I'm planning to buy a PS5 day one no matter what but I expect it to be a good $100 overpriced

I assume PS5 will be out after election day, only MS is shady enough to release something then,only way I don't buy it is if a moderate dem gets elected and promises end the tariffs day one then I'll wait till January.

if a Progressive or Trump win, I don't see the tarrifs ending and I'd buy the PS5 day one.

Because PC has no games

$0.00

PC has Fortnite too, which is the only game PS4fags play

I`m paying 170$ max. Might go further up if theres enough interesting game, which i doubt since i only have 3 games (4 when cold steel 3 is out) on my ps4

problem is 99% of the people who are going to buy a PS5 in 2020 are already subscribed to PS+ so it's not like they're capturing a new audience.

that's true, but i will buy a scarlet maybe after launch if he has power and backwards compatibility with the older xbox. i am talking about 1440p/ 60 fps, not just 1080/60 fps.

Attached: 1564429672612.jpg (600x600, 36K)

They have a hundred million, ONE HUNDRED MILLION, people.

How many more do you believe they fucking need?

It is inherit for every company: greed. Companies exist to make money. No other reason. No philosophical belief, no passion projects and no artistic integrity. They exist for greed and greed alone. It is an entity that seeks to hoard as much as is possible to itself at any cost, and through any means.

One hundred million is not enough if one hundred million and one is a possibility.

Because im a PC convert that got tired of my games having pops of 2k or less.

This is the most ridiculous thing on this website

He's right you know, doubly so if you want to play new games exclusively

Name 3 good PC exclusives this decade.

I'd pay 0.
Upgrading my PC instead.

Attached: mustardrace.png (976x658, 272K)

Quake champions
X4
Guild wars path of fire
>inb4 they all dont count

There haven't been any good exclusives since around 2010 ... possibly before. If you have any taste/brain at all, you've turned your back on the mainstream industry and exclusively play old games.

>he fell for the nu-console meme
kek
Shit was blatantly obvious they were going to fuck everybody in the ass when they revealed the xbone and PS4. Even the Switch is just a port machine.

Attached: Hirai.jpg (636x333, 42K)

Quake Champions has less than 1.5k players

Yikes

RS2
Insurgency
RoR
Day of Infamy
Total War

Oh no no no HAHAHAHA

What's the matter?
Not enough corridor walking simulators for you?

>Tacticool games that can't break 5k players

Total War is legitimately good though I'll give you that

You better get used to that, because it's not much better on consoles outside of F2P games, Fifa, and CoD.

The only tacticool game there is Insurgency though.

Risk of Rain 2
Mordhau
Total War Three Kingdoms
All of which have sold over 1 million units this year.
Ironically, there's been more notable PC exclusives this year so far than PS4 exclusives.

Sooo nothing then?

What games do people even play on consoles?
I've got a Switch and literally like 95% of the library is shitty ports of PC games.
Do people literally buy consoles just to play Fifa, CoD, and Fortnite?

Normalfags do, yes.

>5K players
>wrong
It's like you want meme infested, child infested shithole games exclusively? At what magical playercount does a game become more fun or less fun? Tiny communities, yes, it gets annoying but to say 5000 people online is bad just seems weird.

Also, console games get shut down a lot more often than PC games do.

And what do non-normalfags play on consoles?
Because what I can gather they just kind of collect dust for months at a time until a new exclusive comes out.

No you are pretty much spot on in that regard. You play Bloodborne, and RDR2 and Persona (if you're into turn-based) and spend the rest of the decade wondering why you actually paid money for this garbage, then fall for the exact same shit next gen.

This is pretty much true. It used to be that consoles were for weebshit, but now all the weebshit comes to PC, so it's actually pretty based for me because I have no emotional attachment to a corporation and I much prefer building my own rigs and putting what I want on them. I'm convinced console-only people who shitpost about PCs being bad are just poors or literal underage or just haven't actually used a good PC before because it's basically just "gets all the same games but they all run and look better, go on sale more often and for cheaper, some of them get mods and won't magically not work on your PC when you decide to build a new one"

At this point I don't think I would pay any more than 300 bucks. A dollar above that and I'd rather just save it to upgrade my PC.