Why do people tend to claim that TWEWY’s controls are shit...

Why do people tend to claim that TWEWY’s controls are shit? I never really had that many problems with activating the touchscreen commands and actually found them to be quite intuitive and fun. Hell, I didn’t even have any trouble with the top screen characters at all. Getting a feel for the dual-screens was great once you got it downpacked.

Attached: twewy combat.jpg (256x384, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RzbTKB7xxtg
youtu.be/xQfj4fCSSCs
youtu.be/JHqh3QmUkvc
youtu.be/CeZGOlHmsfI
youtu.be/4nlCNVewMjA
youtu.be/fGvVOun_7kU
youtu.be/PjCXl9KdzOA
youtu.be/RYcOTMhs5sw
youtu.be/VIW-Uznlf_s
youtu.be/B4ajLJ1OYvc
youtube.com/watch?v=rKwJZd76p70
youtu.be/J_P1OwYgZNI
youtu.be/iCNei8X_jB4
youtu.be/TTc87ENRxTs
youtu.be/eJZvMu4nH5s
youtu.be/LffpWtSVld8
youtube.com/watch?v=G97vr_UqjdY
youtu.be/SSTdSscfgJ8
youtu.be/bnt-SEg9J9Y
youtu.be/qZzzaj2CfxQ
youtu.be/XyOG8LUx46Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They got filtered.

Hell if I know. For me personally, the gameplay was fun as fuck, especially with all of the different combinations of attacks you can unleash on Neku’s screen alone.

>we never got a sequel on the 3DS
Modern Square is full of retards.

For me, it’s Deja Vu.
youtu.be/RzbTKB7xxtg

Soulful as fuck.

I don’t think I will ever not be angry.

Attached: twewy countdown.png (899x565, 351K)

Switch port is absolute shit.

Oh wow, I’m still mad.

Literally what the fuck were they thinking with this?

Time I won't ever give in
No matter how hard you pull me in.

Only played the original. What’s so bad about it?

Yeah, that aspect was a ton of fun. I spent a lot of time in the menus alone coming up with all sorts of new combos and pin combinations. Speaking of, what were some of your favorite pins to use, bros?

Attached: twewy pins.jpg (512x506, 65K)

I loved using those dragoon pins that had you teleporting around to slash down on enemies.

Chains were lots of fun. Really helped with racking up a shitload of combo hits.

Objectively the best pin.

Attached: yoshimitsu.png (120x120, 23K)

Now this guy gets it.

I know gravity ain’t an excuse.
I just wanna make things a little more smooth.

I’m not the biggest fan of Nomura but I’ve heard some genuinely good things about TWEWY. Is it that good? What’s the best way to play it?

It’s a genuinely great game. Tons of style, lots of fun gameplay, likable characters, interesting story, and a great soundtrack. Overall, I’d say the DS version is the best way to play it.

Attached: 12th anniversary.jpg (1300x1500, 624K)

Yes. Go for the DS version if you can.

been playing the switch version. I wonder if it is the wrong way to play. I get bored of the fights and I just want to get to the end at this point, even though I like the characters and style.

Due to the change to single screen, a lot of the game mechanics from the DS version had to be taken out, making it a lot less interesting mechanically. The two screens also helped in making the combat more fast-paced and engaging.

Attached: twewy gameplay.jpg (256x384, 43K)

Who /jotm/ here?

I’m more of a Dragon Couture guy but JoTM is also great as well.

My nigga.

Attached: jotm neku.png (373x600, 87K)

>that Rhyme
HNGGGGGGGH

I prefer Natural Puppy myself.

Burst Rounds were fun as fuck. Gives you a shit ton of damage in just a couple of blasts.

Attached: burst rounds.gif (254x193, 2.29M)

Best song

Ice Risers and Kusanagi. Juggling enemies was fun.

Probably the same reason people hate Kid Icarus Uprising's controls. There is a learning curve to them and they want to feel good right away, not learn.

>Why do people tend to claim that TWEWY’s controls are shit?
they say the game is shit, not the controls. why do you have to make a thread about this shitty kid's game everyday? are you autistic?

I should really finish Uprising one of these days. Shit was mad fun.

Attached: uprising.png (370x500, 272K)

>TWEWY
>shitty
>implying
Also, I’d rather have this than multiple wojaks and Twitter screencap threads.

MAJORITY IS STILL ASLEEP

>stop talking about video games guys!

Attached: joshua cringe.jpg (471x479, 62K)

the only reason it gets any discussion is because its easy enough for nu/v/ to play it. its basically the soul of an edgy 14 year old compressed into a vidya cartridge.

>TWEWY
>edgy
Did you even play the game? Also, TWEWY discussion has been a thing since 2008, you retard.

The controls are shit but I don't know why people fail to mention how fucking abominable the visual aesthetic is. The whole game has a theme of style and fashion and yet has the worst fashion sense I've ever seen. I would have suffered through the controls if the design wasnt so shit. TURTLENECK TANKTOP.

it is the soul that is edgy. the finished product however is just annoying and gay.

>Also, TWEWY discussion has been a thing since 2008, you retard.
thats around the time it came out, retard.

its not a good game. there is nothing special or impressive about it. go play something else. its been over a decade and your taste in vidya hasn't improved at all.

Daily reminder that Joshua>Shiki>Beat is objectively the best order in terms of gameplay.

>he can’t multitask
Get a load of this hectopascal.
>Also, TWEWY discussion has been a thing since 2008, you retard.
thats around the time it came out, retard.
And the fact that it’s still getting discussed to this day somehow hasn’t tipped you off that maybe there’s something special about it? The game got a fucking sticky about it, for Christ’s sake. Also
>nothing special or impressive about a game that took full advantage of the DS hardware to make a gameplay style that no other game has copied or emulated even to this day.
Either bait or you’re genuinely this retarded.

Attached: git gud.png (2409x1448, 3.62M)

>there are people on this board who haven’t been able to beat Panthera Cantus on Level 1 Ultimate
Explain yourselves.

>And the fact that it’s still getting discussed to this day somehow hasn’t tipped you off that maybe there’s something special about it?
Yea Forums will still be talking about undertale 10 years from now, not because its good, but because it appeals to autistic faggots.

I did, though. Used Velocity pins to bumrush his ass to death.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT TOUCHING THE 3DS?! IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR FINGER?! LOOKS INFECTED AS HELL BRO

Attached: AF9FB65B-3ED0-4A10-A369-F66269028DCF.gif (301x252, 304K)

What the fuck does Undertale have anything to do with this convo? At this point, you’re not making much sense.

That would be the guy’s stump. Also, that’s not me in the pic.

I actually liked using Beat. Once you got the mechanics of his Fusion down, you can rack up Fusion Stars like there’s no tomorrow.
youtu.be/xQfj4fCSSCs

Attached: neku and beat hanging out.jpg (979x661, 114K)

TIME

I WON’T EVER GIVE IN

>that triple Fusion chain
Goddamn.

My bullet, boomerang and chain brother. Plus it had a cute shopkeeper.

Attached: Shopkeeps.png (1904x5396, 1.61M)

VAGINA
BONES

This game had some of the best shopkeepers.

Attached: mail addresses.jpg (640x422, 110K)

Right, I'm gonna go buy that pin and add it to my LA/TP deck right now, shit looks rad.

By the way, that gif has also reminded me, what's the best way to deal with those mammoth Noise when they stamp their feet and create damaging footprints? Especially for partners, do you block or jump?

>edgy
>when the entire game’s message revolves around the benefits of positively interacting with society and actually forming relationships with others

>Nothing special or impressive about it
How 'bout the fact that it's the only game with the Stride Cross battle system and we haven't gotten another game like it in 12 years?

I'm too much of a brainlet to figure out how the fuck I'm supposed to use ground pair cards that aren't the same suit or effectively use the single cards from air attacks.

Time Bomb psychs do wonders when it comes to the mammoths. Also, jumping won’t do you too good so it’s best to just block their attacks.

Attached: dark souls twewy.jpg (1023x724, 212K)

>it’s been 12 years since TWEWY came out
Jesus

It can get pretty demanding but it helps to have threads that shorten Beat’s combo panels and/or increase his branches to get more better results.

Anniversary just happened. I've only known about TWEWY for around half of the time it's been out but fuck if it isn't a timeless game I dunno what is.

>he isn't a Pegaso Chad
lmaoing @ monkeylets

Attached: Pin_188.png (120x120, 25K)

What's the appeal of Apport Pins? I noticed in a thread where people were posting their pin setups that Spider's Silk popped up a few times. I've never used that one but I have used Meteor Magnet and Impact Warning which have the same psyche, and neither of them really clicked for me.

Im emulating it on my phone and its impossible to use both neku and shiki because the buttons for shiki's controls cover neku's screen.

>Emulating it
You can't do that, user, you have to play it on the original hardware.

>nothing special or impressive about it
>hugely customizable movesets
>unique gameplay style that has never been replicated even to this day
>shitload of postgame content
>three partners with different styles of gameplay for you to master
>a minigame that actually ties into your progression through the main game and is actually fun to play through
>no random encounters and a innovative way of handling enemy mob encounters
>over 300 pins for you to master and use, each with their own stats and unique artwork
>you can even get experience points for your pins by not even playing the game
Now imagine all of this on a goddamn handheld game. If that ain’t impressive, I don’t know what is.

Because they played for less than 2 hours and got casual filtered.

Game plays itself

You can equip two of them at the same time like Lightning Rook and equip sets that can make them go on for practically an eternity. Plus, it’s fun to drop boulders on enemies.

Switch its the wrong way to play

Just bought the Ultimate sticker for the first time, wish me luck bros.

What is this?

>Lightning Rook is even more busted in the ports
But why, tho?

Attached: IMG_6549.jpg (520x678, 69K)

Prepare to get anally devastated, user.

Based and Rookpilled.

NO MATTER HOW YOU PULL ME IN

Princess K a cute! CUTE!

The controls are awkward at first because Neku has a hard time relating to people, expressed through hard to play combat. As the story goes on, Neku learns to relate to people more and the player gets better at the 2 screen gameplay. It's thematic or something.

Have fun user

So, I’ve been playing through DDD and just found out that the characters introduced in that game came from this one. I thought they were pretty interesting and I like their designs so is it worth checking out on the DS?

It’s one of the best games on the system and one of Squeenix’s best games post-merger. So yeah, I’d say it’s worth checking out.

Attached: the TWEWY experience.png (744x594, 590K)

Hell yeah it is.

I KNOW GRAVITY AIN’T AN EXCUSE

Give it a whirl, user. You won’t regret it.

Attached: SUBMIT.png (644x473, 48K)

Man, I miss Billy Zane.

This just led to the IOS port announcement, right? I remember being so excited during the initial countdown.

if only. no, it just announced a TWEWY remix album. and the remixes weren't good.

His voice was kino.
youtu.be/JHqh3QmUkvc
youtu.be/CeZGOlHmsfI

Attached: >implying.png (1504x1398, 187K)

fat hands, i guess?

I JUST WANNA MAKE THINGS A LITTLE MORE SMOOTH

Just fought a Neoclassical Drake on the tail end of a two-part chain battle and jesus fuck, I very nearly got my shit pushed in. I now see the advantage of those threads that auto-activate your healing pins when you're on low health.

I do love the other games in the series, but man, KH1 just had a ton of soul.
youtu.be/4nlCNVewMjA

Attached: kh1.png (1120x1600, 2.05M)

The remixes were good, though.

MAJORITY IS STILL ASLEEP

Better get prepared to buff the fuck up, user, because it only gets crazier from there. Let me tell ya, fighting bosses like Shades, Uzuki and Kariya, and Reaper Beat made for a wild ride.

They were good, but not worth a 7 day countdown.

I think for me, the Square games I enjoyed the most were KH1, TWEWY, and Chrono Trigger. They each felt like they had a ton of passion and heart put into them and no other game in their library ever really made me feel that way.

THEY’RE TIRED OF THOSE DREADFUL DREAMS

NOW LET ME SHOUT AND WAKE YOU UP

Nothing. He’s just an autistic sperg.

LET ME WAKE YOU UP

This. You can tell that the devs put a lot of thought and passion into the game.

WHEN THE SUNSET DYES THE SKY SO BRIGHT, SHE FREAKS ME OUT WITH HER SECRET SMILE

>perform an evasive dash in a normal action game
>simple button press, immediately responds to your input, no ambiguity

>perform an evasive dash in twewy
>you have to draw it with the stylus, which adds another delay, which means enemies have to be designed to be not particularly aggreessive to compensate, which leads to boring gameplay
>half the time it doesn't even register your input properly, meaning the dash isn't executed and you are punished for the game's hardware-related failure

This also applies to the rest of TWEWY's mechanics. For example, offensive actions have to be drawn. Whereas in a normal action game, performing a certain attack requires positioning your character and aiming the attack properly to actually hit the target, in TWEWY you just draw it and it just lands on the enemy, no positioning or aiming required. This leads to a massive dumbing down in gameplay.

Attached: 1553096619953.png (894x894, 97K)

STARS ABOVE START TO SHINE

>which means enemies have to be designed to be not particularly aggreessive to compensate, which leads to boring gameplay
>you just draw it and it just lands on the enemy, no positioning or aiming required
You didn’t even play TWEWY, did you?

Are you that same fag that called TWEWY a hack and slash, showing just how much you don’t actually know shit about the game? Multiple bosses will teleport the minute you touch them with the stylus, enemies will constantly try to gang up on you and bum rush you, like the wolves and kangaroos, and that’s not even getting into the partner gameplay.

Tapping/slashing/pressing the right target with the stylus IS aiming user, plus for the melee psyches executing them move Neku around, changing his positioning, plus for some psyches Neku's positioning is important. I have a psyche in my deck at the moment where slashing across him makes him do a horizontal lunge, so if I want that to hit anything I need to manoeuvre him to be on the same horizontal level as an enemy, and not too far away. There are also Massive Hit pins that charge up a high-damage melee attack, but while the range on them is good you still need to have good preemptive positioning if you wanna get the most out of them. Dashes can still be executed quickly, just not as quickly as a button press. It's not that the enemies are not particularly aggressive, but the pace of their attacks are more in tune with how long it takes to dodge, which still isn't that long. Not to mention that the reason you can't just press a button to dodge in TWEWY is because the buttons control your partner, and you also have to worry about them to either dodge by jumping, or block.

TWEWY gameplay isn't dumbed down, and it's certainly not boring. Basically you're just zetta slow.

Attached: Lightning.png (1200x467, 545K)

>half the time it doesn't even register your input properly, meaning the dash isn't executed and you are punished for the game's hardware-related failure
You do realize that you can equip pins that can turn your dash into a damaging attack or temporary invincibility maneuver, as well as use the L and R buttons to set up different pin and movement commands? Hell, I had no problem at all getting Neku to move around.

I shudder to think there are people above the age of 8 years who actually struggled with TWEWY's gameplay. And I haven't even mentioned the super duper fusion attacks where the game itself seems to admit how boring the gameplay is, so it just goes into a mini-cutscene and lets you sit back and deal massive damage to the enemies while simultaneously being healed.

Don’t forget about the Burst Round, Nexus Ray, Explosion, Discharge, or Lightning Rook pins, which each require you to be mindful of your positioning and the locations of your enemies.

>Tapping/slashing/pressing the right target with the stylus IS aiming user
It's aiming only in the most superficial sense. There's no real challenge to clicking your stylus on a 2d background. Like I said, in other action games you actually have to position your character properly in relation to the enemy. This is present in TWEWY to some extent, but nowhere near as much as other action games.

>And I haven't even mentioned the super duper fusion attacks where the game itself seems to admit how boring the gameplay is, so it just goes into a mini-cutscene and lets you sit back and deal massive damage to the enemies while simultaneously being healed.
Which you have to build up in the gameplay itself in order to get to those attacks in the first place by paying attention to your partner, not to mention the Fusion Stars required to activate them increase the more you use them, which can make a huge difference in chain battles. Did you even play the game at all?

>It's aiming only in the most superficial sense. There's no real challenge to clicking your stylus on a 2d background. Like I said, in other action games you actually have to position your character properly in relation to the enemy. This is present in TWEWY to some extent, but nowhere near as much as other action games.
>what is Taboo Sho
>what is Reaper Beat
>what are the kangaroos
>what are the shrews
>what are Uzuki and Kariya
>what are the wolves
>what is Konishi’s entire boss fight

>what is

>combat encounters so forgettable that I can't even remember them
You're not exactly helping your case here, user.

Attached: 1557359713836.png (225x225, 50K)

You have to earn fusion attacks by collecting enough fusion stars via your partner's card mechanics, and there are three different partners each with a different mechanic. Getting the level 3 fusion requires 16 stars and the amount of stars you need for each level increases every time you execute a fusion. So on top of managing Neku's movement and ensuring your partner doesn't get hit you need to navigate their combo map for the right finisher. I find it's very engaging, personally.

Honestly I agree with what you're saying a bit, it's true that in TWEWY that there are moves where your positioning relative to the enemy don't matter as long as you're on the screen (leaving out the fact that the actual battle area is bigger than the screen so enemies can be far enough away from you that they're off the screen and you can't target them) so positioning is less important than other action games like DMC for example. But I'd argue that doesn't make the combat any less complex, engaging, cuhrazy, or fun. It's simply that less focus is on Neku's positioning on a second to second basis, because more focus is given to other elements like the partner character on the top screen and managing the boot times of your pins.

Attached: Fusion.jpg (638x957, 247K)

>Pretending to be retarded
What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Attached: 1391403176587.gif (489x532, 631K)

Oh wait, here’s some more.
>what is Progfox
>what is Panthera Cantus
>what is Cornix Canor
>what is Goth Metal Drake
>what is Pteropus Cantus

Basically what that user's saying is that in those fights if you don't keep careful track of Neku's positioning and use your attacks precisely you're gonna get your shit kicked in.

Unless you're playing on easy, which is what you must've done if you think TWEWY has dumbed down gameplay.

Hell, Taboo Sho (and Sho in general, really) will teleport the instant you touch him with your stylus so you have to choose your attacks wisely.

Dude must be immune to so many melee psyches given how a lot of them involve touching enemies.

Because people who have played a few video games in their time think they know it all and when they play a game whose control scheme doesn't fall into categories they are familiar with (shooter, 3d action, fighting, platformer etc.) they are already predisposed to think it's shit because they can't conceive of simply having no skill at the game (yet). People like to jump to the controls being the number one problem with games like Zelda Skyward Sword and Star Fox Zero. Make no mistake, those games are shit, but for completely unrelated reasons. TWEWY on the other hand is the best damn RPG on the DS.

>farming money
>suddenly enter a wolf battle
>shit pins for taboo wolves
>take too long
>wolves team up and stunlock me to death
Literally the best game ever.

That's why you keep a fusion on hand to break yourself out, user.

>being this retarded
Taboo Sho teleports the instant you try to attack him with your stylus and will unleash AOE attacks multiple times, requiring you to pay attention.
Reaper Beat will rush around like a madman and try to bum rush you while unleashing energy projectiles at you as well as a shockwave attack that will knock you on your ass if it hits.
Kangaroos will jump high into the air and prepare to dive down on you from below with a marker, requiring you to pay attention, as well as rush you with kicks and uppercut you into the air.
Shrews will dig below the dirt to avoid your attacks, set down bombs that will take out a huge chunk of your health if you’re not careful, attack you from below with their claws, as well as jump up from the ground to divebomb you with a drill claw attack.
Uzuki and Kariya’s attacks increase in tandem with the Light Puck, will track you with energy bullets, and Kariya in particular will send down an AOE energy attack that will knock Neku on his ass.
Wolves will team up to stunlock you with multiple mach rush attacks, interrupt your combos, and can be hard to track down due to said mach rush attacks.
Konishi requires you to knock Taboo Noise into the hole during her boss fight to bring her out (and knocking the wrong Noise in will actually heal her), requires you to pay attention to Beat’s screen to ascertain her true location, will take away your pins and have you focus on getting in her shadow to take down her clones and make it easier for Beat to strike her down and will ultimately have you track down a golden ball of light with the Rhyme pin to track her down and deal damage to her.

Attached: bait.png (343x531, 12K)

WRPGfag BTFO

If you’re gonna shitpost without posting any meaningful arguments, then stop posting.

FOR MILES AND MILES, I WONDER WHY?

IS THIS A CURSE OR JUST A HARSH LONG WINDING RIVER WHERE THOSE FLOWERS FLOAT?

I KNOW YOU CAN STOP IT’S FLOW ON A WHIM SO I HAVE LEARNED TO SWIM

I always found that Shockwaves were good for keeping them at bay.

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I CAN’T GIVE UP ON YOU

Sequel fucking when?

I love the the NPCs in this game, man.

Attached: backwards clothes.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Do you have the one with that one guy almost losing his testicles when doing a skateboarding trick?

Entanglement pins are really good for 'em because you can set up barriers that they'll run into when they try to charge you.

>That one crossdresser who's happy he did it well enough to avoid suspicion
>The girl whose boyfriend is getting her to eat more so she'll be thicker
>The girl who keeps forgetting her can of salt at home
One of the neat aspects of the game we rarely talk about was how the NPC stories progressed from week to week, like how that guy who was scared of the pharmacy owner helped the girl who was looking for her grandpa's store, which happened to be that pharmacy so now the dude can get his meds.

Got ya covered.

Attached: ouch.jpg (512x384, 30K)

>Sheep Heavenly

Wild Boar

I did like that the more popular a brand was in an area, the more people with that brand's clothing would take to the streets.

Yeah, that aspect was great. It really helped make the world feel more alive.

Attached: next bonus.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

I was farming Sprogs or something, I believe. Didn't have anything good to deal with Wolves or Taboos. Needless to say, Neku got jumped at by so many wolves you'd swear it was a japanese doujin.

So just run away or retry on easy dude, it's not like you needed the pins from them.

Attached: relatable.jpg (1136x640, 104K)

This game’s dialogue, man. The localization was on point.

Attached: he f’d it.jpg (964x1285, 226K)

I like how the Prince wasn’t just a shallow pretty boy and was actually a pretty chill and down-to-earth guy.

They don't, one person says it and then someone else replies with the picture of that guy with a stump and then everybody calls the first poster retarded.

Attached: Pthink.gif (220x293, 23K)

god i wish that were me

Same here. He was actually pretty likable and had a nice character arc about learning to be true to himself.
As it should be.

Attached: the prince.jpg (2276x1138, 526K)

The side characters in TWEWY were likable in general. Sota and Nao a best.

Attached: Sora and Nao.png (512x384, 29K)

>tfw no Nao gf

>We couldn't save them, no matter what
>They were alive in week 1

Attached: Rain.gif (600x525, 714K)

>Sota doesn’t even blame Neku and Joshua for being unable to save him in time
>he just encourages them to win the game and for them and Shiki to get back safely

Attached: wake me up.jpg (939x719, 101K)

Literally me

BEFORE THE TIME IS UP, I’LL LEAVE ALL MY REGRETS

BETWEEN THE LINES AND LINES, I AM LOST AGAIN

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I’LL NEVER GIVE THIS UP

FOLLOW MY LEAD

SCREW THAT

I wasn't complaining, I was actually pleasantly surprised from seeing the enemies use those kinds of attacks.

Some of the Noise enemies’ attacks can really fuck you up if you’re not careful enough.
>tfw I once got stunned by a group of jellyfish Noise and had to deal with them sucking the life out of Neku.

I love the attack description for one of their variants.
>Let this jelly violate your space, and that obscene tentacle may start violating your HP!

Man, they got a lot of shit past the radar.
youtu.be/fGvVOun_7kU

Attached: give me all your love.png (495x435, 101K)

God damn, was this song lewd.

WHY YOU WANT TO TIE ME UP?

GET OUT OF MY WAY CAUSE I’M ON MY WAY

I loved using the shit out of Lolita Chopper. It was fun to just go all Fist of the North Star on Noise.

I DON’T CARE ABOUT IMAGINARY BOUNDARIES

BUT SOMEHOW, I’M AFRAID TO GO OVER THEM

COVER UP ALL THE SCARS AND MEMORIES

CREATIVITY IS ALL THAT I’VE GOT

SO LET ME SHOUT AND WAKE YOU UP

LET ME WAKE YOU UP

WHEN THE FIREFLIES DANCE ON A NEW MOON NIGHT, SHE TEMPTS ME WITH HER GLISTENING EYES

>not wanting to talk about video games

This. TWEWY is legit one of the best handheld games ever made.

Okay, can someone enlighten me on what happened in the ending? Did Neku have to play through the Game again after all he’s been through? And why did Joshua decide to let everyone go in the end? Was it because of Neku’s growth?

No and yes. When Neku wakes up in the ending, you can see people actually forming a crowd around him instead of just walking past him like in the previous weeks, indicating that he’s alive. As for why Joshua spares them, Neku was a representative of what Joshua thought was wrong with Shibuya, being so self-centered and antagonistic to others that he was willing to kill his own partner if only he can survive. Because of this, Joshua was banking on Neku being unable to change in order to justify erasing Shibuya and constantly tried to egg on Neku to give into his hatred for others and continue onto his path of isolation. However, Neku actually proves Joshua wrong and changes for the better immensely. He grows from someone who couldn’t give two shits about other people into someone who is willing to risk his life for random strangers and be willing to expand his worldview. Because of this, Joshua also starts to reflect on his actions more and decides to give Shibuya another chance. After all, if someone like Neku can change for the better, who’s to say Shibuya can’t?

Attached: twewy ending.jpg (256x384, 27K)

No, it's the game that is shit

Or perhaps it’s your taste that’s shit.

So, TWEWY was essentially a modernized Sodom and Gomorrah? That’s actually pretty cool.

Yeah, basically. Also, I recommend collecting the Secret Reports. They reveal a lot about the world and the postgame content is fun as fuck.

Attached: neku and the gang.png (1136x640, 1.04M)

Nah, you’re just a faggot.

THE SKY ABOVE CHANGES ITS COLOR

FROM DAWN TILL DUSK, I WONDER WHY?

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Attached: kh3 shibuya.png (1600x900, 2.58M)

At this point, I have to wonder about how many drugs Nomura is on.

I got some problems playing the top screen on Drastic, but it still has great controls

We better get Neku as a party member, damn it.

Yes

TWEWY already crossed over with KH before so it’s not too surprising. Plus, didn’t Sora promise Neku and Shiki that he would meet them in Shibuya?

I want off of Nomura’s wild ride.

Kid icarus control are extremely simple, there's literally 3 things to control (character movement, reticle and shooting), it is just that the 3DS is an incredibly uncomfortable console. I had to say fuck it and use my nail to aim.

TWEWY on the other hand is less about the control (though that said, on a rush you can mess your input on Neku), but the fact that you have to ""control"" 2 characters at the same time, which isn't that much of a big deal if unless you really care about your card gaming.

We’re never getting off, user. We’re stranded on it forever.

Attached: quiet but very powerful.jpg (421x312, 19K)

Yes, actually.

Attached: see you in shibuya.jpg (801x468, 126K)

This plus a Sho Minamimoto boss fight.

Attached: sora and neku.jpg (989x908, 105K)

What brands would the KH characters wear?

I get the feeling Sora's a Mus Rattus guy, doesn't care too much about looking goofy. Kairi would dig Natural Puppy threads, and I think Riku might be daring enough to try out Tigre Punk or Lapin Angelique Threads.

>Sora
Mus Rattus
>Kairi
D+B and Natural Puppy
>Riku
Either Lapin Angelique or Pegaso
>Roxas
Wild Boar
>Namine
Natural Puppy
>Xion
Lapin Angelique
>Axel
Dragon Couture
>Aqua
D+B
>Terra
Wild Boar
>Ventus
Jupiter of the Monkey

IS THIS A CURSE OR JUST A WRONG ANSWER?

AM I FLOATING ON A CLOUD WITHOUT WINGS?

>Screw that!

Attached: IMG_5991.jpg (900x900, 82K)

For me, it’s Game Over
youtu.be/PjCXl9KdzOA

SINE

COSINE

TANGENT

YOU'RE OUTTA YOUR VECTOR

YOU ZETTA SONS OF DIGITS

Do you guys think Square will ever make a game like TWEWY again?

WHERE'S YOUR BEAUTY?

Honestly, I have no idea. TWEWY was basically modern Square’s lightning-in-a-bottle and what I believe to be the last truly excellent Square game. And considering their modern releases now, who knows if we’ll ever get anything like it again?

Attached: 5th anniversary.jpg (696x571, 106K)

>Uzuki and Kariya
Those two pushed my shit so damn hard that I was jumping out of joy when I beat them on Ultimate.

>tfw when the climax to Emptiness And hits and you finish them off with a Level 3 Fusion
youtu.be/RYcOTMhs5sw

Attached: IN THE ZONE.png (764x715, 321K)

God, I love TWEWY’s soundtrack so much. Speaking of, post your favorite songs, Yea Forums.
youtu.be/VIW-Uznlf_s

Attached: neku jamming.gif (40x119, 6K)

youtu.be/B4ajLJ1OYvc
OOPARTS
COLD HEART
SO DARK
GO FIND THE MARK

Attached: IMG_6462.gif (226x224, 484K)

youtube.com/watch?v=rKwJZd76p70

I came buckets to that song because of how it is. Goddamn, this game's OST, and some of the remixes' OST, and the game itself is pure gold. Square won't give us something this good again.

From the original game.
youtu.be/J_P1OwYgZNI
youtu.be/iCNei8X_jB4

From the Remixes
youtu.be/VIW-Uznlf_s

youtu.be/TTc87ENRxTs
SOMEONE SAID I AM SUCH A FOOLISH GIRL

>get to Week 2
>this song starts playing while fighting Sho
>get to Level 3
>finish him off with a moon drop just as the song ends
God, this game was great.

I love that song’s remix.
youtu.be/eJZvMu4nH5s

>tfw ds version has the best combat
>switch has the remastered graphics and remixed soundtrack
suffering

>3DS could have had the DS combat with some tweaks and the remastered graphics and remixed soundtrack from the phone

I was just easy, but no, Square decided to fuck us good. I'm still mad about the countdown, I will never not be mad.

Vacu Squeeze + Lazy Bomber made for a ton of fun.

>we still haven’t gotten anything about this
At this point, I’m convinced that Squeenix just hates TWEWY fans.

Attached: hype-chan.png (960x640, 338K)

capcom and squeenix are fucking sadist cunts with their IPs and i want to strangle someone

The Switch version just gave us another cliffhanger on that matter. I willing to bet that the scenario writer for TWEWY left Square long ago. It is either that or Nomura is holding them hostages on his KH' dungeon.

youtu.be/LffpWtSVld8
This song is just too fucking good.

>Newborn
My nigga

Wait, did WRPGkun’s shitposts just get deleted?

The World Ends With (You)

Would you, Yea Forums?

Attached: fem neku.jpg (1505x2487, 2.09M)

Is the mechanical downgrade of the switch version worth the better sound quality, remixes, and new content?

No vagina bones, no bone.

Yes.

Based taste

>implying WRPGfag even plays games

>tfw no socially autistic tsundere gf with a love for music and graffiti

For me, it's Ooparts.
youtube.com/watch?v=G97vr_UqjdY

For me, it’s Transformation
youtu.be/SSTdSscfgJ8

Probably not. It’s a miracle that TWEWY was even a thing under modern Square. It probably helps that the devs were so passionate about it.

Attached: twewy team.jpg (500x660, 57K)

>you can get to actually play Tin Pin against them

Attached: tin pin devs.png (1136x640, 751K)

>you can play against Shinji Hashimoto himself
Another Day was kino.

Attached: hashimoto.png (1136x640, 900K)

Is Tin Pin Slammer just the greatest minigame to ever be conceived?

In a heartbeat.

GIVE ME ALL YOUR LOVE

as a person who recently just beat the game for the first time. Its fucking hard. it took me the ENTIRE GAME just to get used to the controls and actually beat the game other than on easy. I can see they people would be filtered especially since neku is one edgy bitch in the first few days.

You know it, my brother.
SLAM ON!

Attached: tinpin.png (256x384, 21K)

It truly was something special.

Attached: Hipsters.jpg (540x405, 76K)

Seriously, man? The entire game?

DIE, RADIAN

twewy is the only game where i had this much difficulty just getting accustomed to the controls. My brain couldn't switch back and forth between the top screen and bottom screen without tunnel visioning into either screens. But i recently beat all most every boss on ultimate other than Mr.H

>WE’VE PREHEATED LONG ENOUGH
>I’LL CHAR YOUR BONES BLACK
>TIME FOR A TASTE TEST
Favorite quote?

Attached: higashizawa.png (690x871, 294K)

FOLLOW MY LEAD
SCREW THAT

GET 'EM PIGGY

>COME BACK WHEN YOU GROW A PAIR
>DUMBASS
>THE BEAT IS ON
Beat was great.

>It’s a party in my mouth!

Shiki’s disgusted “you finish it” whenever you give her some food she doesn’t like always gets a chuckle out of me.

>Dibs on the rainbow!

>Joshua is somehow even gayer in Another Day
Now that was a twist.

Attached: zip it.png (512x384, 26K)

>LET’S START IT UP
>NO, LET’S END IT
Kino

>Yo Uzuki, how about that ramen?

>Have fun, Neku

Attached: 1371278094043.jpg (1764x1575, 1.21M)

>How could you, Neku...
>kzzzzzssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh

COME GET SOME HOT STUFF

>This mic is zetta sexy!

Yea Forums please help

Ok, fag.

Its not worth it, the sprites still look great and while the music is shorter loops of the actual songs and pretty compressed it isn't that bad, the gameplay compensates greatly for it.
The switch version has a bit of extra content but I'd advice you to just look up the cutscenes on youtube

youtu.be/bnt-SEg9J9Y
IS IT ANGELS?
IS IT DEVILS?
WHISPERING IN MY EARS?

The 1980’s remix of this song is amazing.
youtu.be/qZzzaj2CfxQ

Just started this game because of how much it's talked about here and I'm consistently getting D and E ranks after battles. I don't know what I can do to improve. I'm following the green orb between characters, but maybe I'm missing something? Am I just ass?

Just finished this game last night and I gotta say, you guys weren’t just hyping it up. What an amazing little game.

Try to win as fast as you can and dodge with your partner

Glad to hear it user! What did you like about?

Level up your pins and eat some food. Learn but by bit what's the skill of each thread and focus on dealing with the most troublesome enemies fast. Good luck.

Welcome, lad. It is nice to see other enjoying this great game. What did you enjoy the most?

Getting better at the game comes with time. You have to get better at managing both characters and how to use them effectively. I remember feeling the same during the first few days, but after a couple of hours of mastering the mechanics you'll be getting better ranks later on.

Everything. The characters, the amazing music, the fun as fuck gameplay, the story, etc, it was a ride from start to finish. I’m actually about to go start up the postgame.

The post game is huge, but if you put the time into it, you'll be rewarded for it.

Happy to hear that you loved it, user! The postgame is meaty as fuck and is legit some of the best I’ve ever played in a game. You’re in for a treat.

Attached: neku thumbs up.jpg (1136x640, 114K)

Is TWEWY one of the few games Yea Forums actually loves? In almost every thread, there’s always people expressing just how much they’ve loved it and how great it was.

Attached: thinking joshua.png (229x402, 27K)

What’s not to love about it?
>great characters
>great OST
>great gameplay
>heartfelt story
>great aesthetic
It’s just a genuinely well-crafted game.

Surprisingly, yes. Barring a few shitposters and what not, TWEWY is pretty well-received here.

Attached: steroids.png (1136x640, 738K)

>Must...fight...emo...urges...

KIU's controls are easy, but my hands cramped like a bitch.

You need to do better, Neku.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, JOSHUA

I’ll die mad over this

A grim reminder to burn Square once I get diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Controls are fine.
The game is just shit.

Not as shit as your taste.

Reminder to not reply to shitposters.

Attached: bruh look at this dood.jpg (960x926, 113K)

So, who was your favorite boss? Mine was Uzuki and Kariya for the light puck kino.

Panthera Cantus. He was an asshole but an asshole I loved fighting and it was so worth it to finally take him down.

I THINK I’M PHAT, CAUSE I LIKE IT LIKE THAT

Attached: Progfox.jpg (1536x2432, 844K)

Konishi. It was hype as fuck having Rhyme and Beat team up to take her ass down.

and then neku gets killed again

Kid really needs a break at this point.

Attached: man who thought he’d lost all hope.jpg (1280x719, 110K)

IS IT EMOTIONS?
IS IT ILLUSIONS?
I NEED TO BE WITH YOU

I can't wait to fight that guy, I'm stuck on the Hip Snake section of Pork City.

Having played through every variation of TWEWY completely, this is how I would rank them with an incoming wall of text to compare them

DS > Switch Dual Joy-cons > Mobile/Switch Handheld with stylus > Mobile/Switch Handheld without stylus > Switch Solo Joy-con

DS: Most mechanically complex with a high learning curve. Control Neku with the stylus on the touch screen and control partner on the top with buttons. Both characters share a life bar, so you have to be careful. Bunch of systems in play including the light puck (perform successive combos between characters to boost finishers), sync rate (increase puck duration by fighting well, matching trends, eating, etc), and building up fusions stars with the partner character (Collect ESPer cards by choosing the correct combo branches and collect enough to activate fusion attacks). There's a lot to take in, so it's easier to start off focusing on Neku and leaving the partner on Auto at the beginning. Gradually, you'll learn to control both though and you'll have a lot of freedom on forming your own preferred decks.

Unbranded pins will make that part of the game go by a lot more faster.

Mobile/Switch Handheld: Simplest version of the game, good for beginners and people who couldn't get into the DS version. 100% touch controls. Partner has been turned into a pin with a specific input (tap, slash, or drag) and recharge time. Light puck, sync rate, and fusion stars have been merged into one simple system. Build sync and earn boosts by performing cross combos (alternate attacks between Neku and partner). At 100, 200 and 300% sync, you can perform fusion attacks. The game is easier because the partner cannot be hurt, so you only need to focus on Neku. I feel you're more limited in what decks you can choose because of the cross combo system. For example, Shiki is controlled with taps, so you'll want to use tapping pins to make it easier to alternate hits. I highly recommend getting a capacitive stylusfor better control. I like to combine a stylus with my dominant hand and my index finger from my other hand to perform combos. Like I'll perform slash attacks with the stylus and then tap with my finger to use Shiki.

Switch Solo: Same as touch screen, only control with joy-con. You perform a motion with your hand and then press of button to activate it. This has a higher learning curve than touch because the game does a poor job of explaining the controls. However, once you understand them (look online for some tips), the game becomes a breeze. It's similar to the DS version in that people who complain that it controls poorly just never learned how to do it right. One advantage to the joy-con is that attacking and moving are separate, so mobility is a lot more precise and it becomes a lot easier to dodge attacks. However, I find it much harder to perform cross combos with the joy cons, probably because I can't use my stylus-finger technique here.

Switch 2-player co-op: Control the partner player with a second joy-con. Partner gets 3 pre-set pins with different inputs. Otherwise, they play the same as Neku. Partner is invincible, so the game becomes pretty trivial. Played this mode with my roommate who doesn't play video games much and he enjoyed it. Not much to say other than try it out if you have friends to play with.

Switch 1-player co-op: Control both characters by holding a joy con in each hand. This is the closest you'll get to the DS version. If you haven't gotten good with the single player mod, this will be a struggle. But if you know what you're doing, Ultimate mode will feel like easy mode. Most people will be in between since they're still learning. The partner is both invincible and incredibly strong and you'll be able to pull of cross combos with ease and often times stunlock enemies. And if you wanted to, you could easily beat any enemy by just dodging with Neku and attacking with the partner (but that's no fun). I think this is probably the most fun to play out of any version, but there really is no challenge.

Wait, I can use Unbranded Pins in Pork City? I thought they were blocked as well?

Graphics: Switch > Mobile > DS. Not that graphics matter much in this game.
Music: Switch > Mobile > DS. Switch has the most number of songs in the best quality. There's also the option to switch to the original soundtrack.
Tin Pin: DS > Touch >>>>>>>>>>>>>. Joy-con. Tin Pin Slammer is the best, but playing it with a joy-con is the worst.
Content: Switch has a bonus day you can play through (One day arbitrarily split into 3 parts). IMO, it's not very good. Gameplay-wise, it adds challenges such as enemies multiplying, draining health, etc. Overall, these challenges add nothing because the goal of every one of them ultimately amounts to defeat enemies as fast as possible without getting hurt which is exactly how should already be playing. There are new pins added though, which are pretty fun if you like shooting swords at things. Storywise, it's just sequel bait ending on a cliffhanger. And everything important that happens right at the end was already spoiled during the reveal trailer.

Overall, I think every version of TWEWT is still a good game. If you have easy access to the DS version, I would recommend that first and foremost. It's a unique experience that really can never be replicated anywhere else. If not, then I would recommend the switch version (it basically contains the mobile version). I would recommend starting off on solo joy cons to learn the controls and the switching to co-op as soon as you're comfortable. And then switch to handheld whenever you feel like changing things up or have to play Tin Pin. If you already played the DS version, you can always try out the switch version just to get a different experience while still getting the same story. But don't buy the switch version just for the new content - It's not worth it.

Nah, you can still use them. Makes going through the floors a breeze.

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE END MIGHT COME SO I DON’T ACT LIKE SOMEONE ELSE

UNTIL THE TIME IS UP, I CAN’T GIVE UP ON YOU

This actually pretty helpful. Not bad, user.

BEFORE THE TIME IS UP, I’LL LEAVE ALL MY REGRETS

BETWEEN THE LIES AND LIES, I’M CONFUSED AGAIN

WHEN THE TIME IS UP, I’LL TAKE WHAT I’VE GOT TO TAKE

>Play TWEWY on DS
>Soundtrack is baller as hell
>Listen to soundtrack via a not shit sound system
>Everything is terrible

jesus christ I didn't realize the DS had that shitty sound quality, at least sonic rush didn't suffer

We’re never getting that sequel, are we?

>soundtrack is terrible
Nigga, what.

Composition is great, but the vocals are shit, the DS manages to warp it just enough that you don't notice.

and I say this as someone who enjoys Cibo Matto

Considering what modern Square is like nowadays, I think we might be better off that way. I don’t exactly trust them to capture what made TWEWY so great in the first place.

>vocals are shit
Says you. I have the soundtrack on my phone and I still jam the fuck out to it.

Kitaniji. Bosses that can mess around with time are always fun to fight and I love his SUBMIT.

Attached: kitaniji.png (496x656, 133K)

>vocals are shit
Nah. TWEWY’s soundtrack is fine.

Probably for the best, tbqh.

>frogs curse 50% of your hp away

Attached: DlSwW0AApe.jpg (634x603, 98K)

>damage-absorbing frogs get paired up with elephants

Attached: [screams externally].gif (264x320, 1.48M)

Considering all versions except the DS are trash, that's a good thing. At least the game wrapped everything up unlike some series.

Draco Cantus was kino.
youtu.be/XyOG8LUx46Y

>downpacked

>that sense of scale
>those shitload of fireballs
>all of the partners pitching in to help you out
>that final boss remix of Twister
>that final Fusion
TWEWY really was something special.

Attached: draco cantus.jpg (632x1264, 191K)

Have you seen modern Squeenix? I think we should be considering ourselves lucky.

WHERE DID WE MEET BEFORE JUST LIKE THIS?

I KNOW YOUR SMILE, YOUR VOICE, JUST LIKE THAT

YOU TALK TO ME AND I SMILE RIGHT BACK

I DON’T BELIEVE IN FANTASY

SAME DRESS, SAME SMELL REMINDS ME

SOMETHING I CAN’T FORGET

SAME SONG, SAME TONE IN YOUR VOICE

TELL ME THIS ISN’T A DREAM

TAKE ME FAR WHERE THE STARS ARE STILL ASLEEP