So, I got Dungeon Siege on Steam

So, I got Dungeon Siege on Steam.
What am I in for? Any unofficial patch that I should get before I start playing?

Attached: DungeonSiegeBoxArt.jpg (286x348, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AxwCsV2nzTw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boring dogshit, a game that plays itself, set in a boring world with boring characters and boring art.

>any unofficial patch
If you want to run it above 1080p, there's a couple of fixes, and I think there's like one specific Steam flickering bug that can be solved with just alt-tabbing or hitting the Windows key.

But fuck me, why'd you bother. Go play Sacred or Divine Divinity or something. Diablo 1 and 2 should definitely come first. There's options, you can seek help, you don't have to do this to yourself.

I like it but very repetative

Soulful soundtrack
youtu.be/AxwCsV2nzTw

a journey
just do your thing, game's not that hard

>What am I in for?
screensaver

I think you're missing an expansion, Dungeon Siege 2 is the same. No clue why only the base games are on htere

Such toxic negativity, it's people like you that are ruining the gaming community.

Watch the film with Jason Statham

If you have magic users, make them all specialize in different schools of magic for maximum funzies.

Fun.

You only need latest official patch.

Divinity is even worse than this game. Wtf are you talking about ?

A game better than Diablo 2 which causes basedboys to seethe whenever it is mentioned. Check out the Ultima remake in it.

Play this game for a dozen hours but then buy dungeon keeper 2 and finish it OP

I meant dungeon siege 2
whatever
play that one too

Divine Divinity is fucking grand what are YOU on about? I like Dungeon Siege but it's basically a corridor loot simulator, doesn't compare to a proper crpg like DD which has just as much combat and an actual fleshed out world to explore

linear diablo clone. try titan quest.

On it, eventually. Maybe I'll dial down the autism and just finish the campaigns.

Attached: lootan gaems.png (270x178, 28K)

>crpg

Wat. The first divinity is literally a bad diablo clone.

>corridor loot simulator

Like all diablo clone,how shocking. But at least this one is fun to play unlike a shitty divinity game that only seem to know how to copy paste diablo ui.

You did not play Divine Divinity for long, be honest. It's the missing link between Diablo and non-IWD infinity engine games, i.e. lots of dialogue, multiple quest solutions and something entirely unique to itself: a focus on interactivity with the world. If you've never got into a locked house by chucking the other half of your teleportation pyramid through a window, you haven't played DD properly

Who cares about chucking pyramids in diablo clones ? Are you one of those faggots who complained about FPS being shallow because it has no role playing ?

all these games are linear

Excuse me what the fuck?

Attached: 1557444322540.jpg (661x661, 43K)

Starts cool but can get very repetitive. Melee and Ranged are extremely barebones and get no abilities, but without a tank or two your party will get massacred.
Talk to everybidy you can, it's possible to miss potential party members. That said, none of them are important to the story overall and only serve as sort of baseline archetypes. Magic can be interesting though.
DS2 does a lot more to make things equal.

Don't play it in co-op, it gets way too easy.

honestly you should refund it and buy Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna used. It's the complete version with the expansion pack and without the multiplayer game ripped out (you can solo it)

This. I missed out on the multiplayer map even though I could have played it on solo a very long time ago and now I regret not trying it out at the time.

Wait the Steam release rips out the Multiplayer?

Attached: 20190803130456_1.jpg (800x600, 183K)

meh
some nice visuals for its time at best
the sequels are atrocious

>What am I in for?
a worse version of sacred, its fun however.

Dungeon Siege 3 was a mistake.
It's so fuckin bad.

2 is objectively better, come on lad

this game was made for coop, and AFAIK, you can't MP with steam version even if you find someone to play with. It's playable in SP, just little dull.
Almost all actions are or can be automated, to point where you can reduce your own input to just party management, which you probably should.
Map is linear. There's no exploration or sidetracking. Enter area, clear all way to exit, enter another area. No fast-travel or backtracking, but why would it be one when nothing changes or respawns.
There's no equipment hunting normally associated with genre. I don't think anything is randomized.

Nah, I played the steam version just a couple years ago with a friend. You can do it, but it becomes incredibly dull because you clear out every single room in seconds, and with the lack of dialogues it just becomes a blitz through all the environments at break-neck pace.

Dude, the second one with every expansion was easily the franchise's apex in terms of content.

>please, keep defecating on my face