Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

>play random shovelware rpg
>has the greatest action-rpg combat I've ever experienced
>combos, air juggling, animation cancelling and switching between three different classes (fighter, rogue, mage) more seamlessly than switching styles in DMC
Why is this allowed?

Attached: kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-key-art.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.628p.jpg (1199x628, 143K)

It was a nice game ,got whooped by skyrim though

It was a single player MMO.

>greatest action-rpg combat I've ever experienced
thats kind of a stretch even with the combos its a button mashing snooze fest

Attached: 1540788974570.jpg (259x383, 81K)

It was flashy

It was such a huge flop that it killed the genre despite the good will Witcher was creating

What do you mean? there were dark souls , skyrim and the witcher

What's with all the lesbians in this game? I had FOUR women force my character into a romantic relationship, which included two marriages, but no men showed any interest at all.

Attached: 15073495305023502.jpg (1920x1080, 207K)

>dark souls
Not an RPG
>skyrim
It's own brand of RPG no one is copying for some reason

The 2000s were brimming with RPGs, we've had nothing but indie pickings this decade and it's all thanks to Amalur's failure

This. The combo is fun but once you figured those hunt & fetch quest lead to nowhere while you can easily craft your own best weapon you just stop caring about side quest and rush main story.

The dlc kinda fix this by giving better loot than you can craft and your own castle but it came too late since you need to kill Final dlc boss to unlock castle.

I disagree, I got 15 hours in playing on Hard as a mage, and ended up deleting it out of pure boredom. Got to Ysa and had to struggle to boot it up to talk to NPCs for longer than 10 minutes at a stretch. I've never been so bored by a game in my life.

And mage is the "high risk, high reward" playstyle that actually locks you into attacks and whiffs if you fuck up, hard to imagine what a snoozefest it is with melee.

This RPG was comfy, but I just randomly stopped playing it and never went back. Got bored since it all felt same-y and the game is incredibly easy.

This game was so fucking generic and boring, who fucking likes KILL 10 BOARS quests in a singleplayer RPG.

ACTION RPG COMBAT is just button mashing.

The ditzy elf captain girl in Dead Kel DLC
The girl that marries you in Dead Kel DLC
The Fae girl that you can marry if you side with her
And the fourth one is?

Attached: 1564711455833.jpg (323x426, 83K)

Yuri will rule the world!
Stop playing as a female fag

>Got to Ysa and had to struggle to boot it up to talk to NPCs for longer than 10 minutes at a stretch. I've never been so bored by a game in my life.
I have to wonder why these dialogue trees full of "Tell me about X" keep being used in RPGs. Does anyone actually enjoy them? I wish that I'd stuck to the blue dialogue lines and skipped all the garbage dialogue.

Repurposed Project Copernicus for Amalur 2 when lads?

That game sucked ass my dude.

>Amalur
>shovelware RPG
You should look up who was involved with creating this game.

I only ever played the demo, but the short as fuck LOD distance and enemy drawing distance annoyed the hell out of me. Since there weren't any distance sliders for LOD, the landscape was always kinda wobbly, always reloading more detailed models even for shit that the character has almost reached already. As for the enemies, gotta love how enemy archers could start shooting at you, before they're even drawn on screen. Has the main game some additional options to adjust that shit or was there at least some mod to do the same?

This combat and skill set up in Skyrim would have made for a true goat