Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

Attached: final-fantasy-vii-remastered.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

How they can call this remastered is beyond me. It looks like a PS2 game instead of a PSX game, I hardly could call that a remaster.

Looks solid. I hope fans flock ro modding it like they did on PC. FF9 modded is pretty much the best way to play that game now. Same with 7.

Looking forward to it

Hope they get new models for the GFs and bosses too

Attached: IfritGrab_001.jpg (1600x818, 606K)

Hoping for some costume mods to switch everyone to the Seed or Cadet uniforms

Or maybe Squall's KH costume

Attached: 8xnsixmepn331.jpg (3782x3790, 1.69M)

look at the comparison shots

It's a remaster not a remake you fucking moron

>According to the website source code, the upcoming re-release will actually contain voice acting.

>The site mentions English and Japanese voiceovers, which suggests there will be an option to switch between the two.

>It's unclear if voiceovers will be used in the full game, cutscenes, or maybe perhaps just for any trailers.

Attached: 16405368.leviathan_small.jpg (1180x840, 913K)

The song.

Oh fuck I hope they don't ruin eyes on me

Literally soulless.

Did they update the field models too, or just the battle ones?

At least with PS1 games the pre-rendered backgrounds still look good

IDK how they could make it much worse but ok

Was there a Jap version of EOM? I thought it was only an English song by that chink singer

yes

>this 5th gen game looks like a 6th gen game
>not a remaster
?????????

I hope it gets a lot of mods. I don't really like Squall at all and the backgrounds are gonna be ugly probably.

>change Squall's face, hairstyle and skin color
>but keep every other model the same
What in the fuck, though?

Speaking of people not liking new Squall what happened to that guy with the Squall wig

It's too bad remasters never change mechanics

VIII is the one game that could really use some rethinking on the systems. Maybe some modders will give a shot at fixing the junction system into something less breakable

Attached: 1550111477678.png (1400x800, 1.12M)

They just imported the Dissidia model, lazy

What's funnier is that the FMV models from 20 years ago still look better than in-game models made today on modern hardware

Attached: 167l7hf.png (590x400, 97K)

It's funny how the PS1 version will have better ingame to FMV transitions because Squall's model doesn't randomly change to a different person.

>voiced

hope we can turn this shit off

There is a mod called Requiem that rebalances the entire game and actually makes it quite hard. Even if you stack 100 demis on your STR disk 1.

Oh shit, I hope this gets applied to the remaster

Attached: 1423899545578.png (526x770, 527K)

Selphie needs to get creampied

Squall doesn’t look moody enough and Zell’s model looks less determined.

I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse that VII gets a full on remake and everything else is stuck with half-ass remasters. It would be different if they updated every model in the game and fixed some mechanics or even added some new content, but it's going to be real weird to see these new PS2-quality models talking to all the janky pixelated NPCs with no face

Attached: 1290851847108.jpg (391x575, 143K)

Are they not updating the NPCs, too? Who would pay money for this?

Haven't seen any NPCs in the trailers, so I'm assuming they're leaving those alone because otherwise they're going to do like they did for the FFX remasters and leave the NPC models as is

Attached: 0b8354d876903dfadf254284006b67be.jpg (900x675, 78K)

Yeah that'd be nice. However it hasn't been updated in 4 years ever since the lead developer concluded the project. The entire mod is essentially done though, so if nothing else the team did pull it off.

Who knows, maybe they'll make a return to port it.

>looks like a PS2 game
wait until you see the blurry old bg's they ripped off the old disc and slapped them behind those better models. It'll go right back to PS1 quality.

that sounds like it has the potential to be a very ugly game

I don't believe there was ever a Japanese version of Eyes on Me.

But I think that if the remaster itself was going to have voice acting, they would have announced it already.

why not call it FF8 HD?

Eyes of Me was so bad and played during a shit scene, so I muted it

>Eyes of Me was so bad and played during a shit scene, so I muted it
cringe

it was the climax of a badly done romance.

Turns out it was badly done because:
1. I fucked up the music part
2. Never used Rinoa unless forced
3. Sent Rinoa to the missile base

>Eyes of Me was so bad and played during a shit scene, so I muted it
based

Someone edit the sad cat there

Are all backgrounds still ugly as shit like in the FF9 remaster for example? What were they thinking there anyway? At that rate just leave everything ugly instead of having high res models walk around on 50x50 backgrounds, jesus

They haven't shown the backgrounds

So probably

Attached: 1550799969426.jpg (2346x1320, 884K)