MMOs That are still alive ?

When browsing through steam I find loads of F2P MMORPG with no publicity or relevance still getting updates and event . How many MMO are still alive ? and how do the one with nearly no communication ?

Attached: everquest.jpg (640x480, 200K)

A lot. And they all survive because of a small dedicated player base.

WoW private servers are alive and well

Especially since Bizzard ruined the game now.

Is there any "hidden gem" You would recommend ? I had good memories of Lord of the ring and Rift . But I'm not sure to find enough players to do low level content for Lotro and has I heard Rift became a mess .

Thanks a lot for the info, might try to do it again while waiting for FF14 content .
And yes that shouldn't be a problem I can spend whatever I want in a game right now . For the instance, it won't be a problem or is there also a matchmaking system to let me experience the dungeons and raids ?

Lotro is very solo-friendly as far as leveling goes. Play for free until you until new zones are locked, sub for 1 month to get to 50, get quad-expansion pack+Helms Deep when on sale for 10$ each. Get some of the Gondor quest-packs for the points you gathered up until then, they are pretty good as far as I remembered it.

The base game, Moria and Mirkwood is really good, but the quality of everything declines rapidly around Rise of Isengard and don't get better again until Gondor, after which it takes a nosedive again. Mordor endgame and endgame gearing seems to be a mess overall, but I can't tell for sure as I stopped playing after The Black Gate and destruction of the One Ring. The classes and gameplay complexity is really good with real rotations, good talent trees etc but the combat itself feels very clunky, and the netcode is utter shit.
The community is pretty good as far as I remember it.

>TL:DR Get the expansions at sale, maybe pay 1 month sub for leveling from 20-50, save points for later stuff after Helms Deep, get comfy and remember the the journey is far better than the goal

Today I shall remind them.

Attached: EverQuest_Next_Wallpaper_-_Kerra.jpg (1920x1080, 833K)

Also me; played Rift some years ago (around 2016 I think?) and you could FEEL the game get greedier and gradually worse as you progressed through the expansions, last one I played was the underwater stuff up to lvl 65 and I quitted pretty soon afterwards. Talent trees are huge but the last points in a tree is mandatory because of how powerful they are, which leads to no build variation to speak of at all. The gameplay is like WoW around TBC-Wrath which is nice but the lore and story is utter shit and the game is absurdly MTX-ridden to the point that you can buy the some of the best endgame equipment for cash in the shop.
Unless something drastically changed the last couple years I would STAY THE FUCK AWAY from Rift

Btw, deleted and reposted both this and previous post as I accidentally namefaged

I don't remember any "LFR"-system for dungeons and raids, old stuff can be soloed around max level if that is what you mean. Skirmishes have a solo option. No dungeons of raids are required for progressing questlines or story

Since I will NEVER EVER get another chance to bring it up, Puzzle Pirates is an MMO that is still going to this day even as we speak, with piratan, lootan, and gambling as well. So long as you're willing to embrace the autism needed to git gud at puzzles and amass giant wealth, it's pure fun. Also, there is nothing more satisfying than raiding another crew's ship, humiliating them all in swordfighting or fisticuffs, and watching the pure nuclear ASSHURT from the captain when all his precious e-pixels were stolen from him or blown up because they forgot this is a fucking pirate game and not another Gaia Online hugbox simulator.

But is it pay to win?

Best MMO is still Ultima Online.

You spend dubloons for badges for stuff along-side the real big autism items. And while you can spend real bux to get them, you can also use Pieces of Eight (free currency) to get them too. And if you either are an expert gambler, can master the trading system, are adept at puzzles/raiding or just have enough autism to rival a special needs school in San Fran, you can become filthy rich and big dicked power without ever spending a cent. Hell, it's a mark of honor to have the biggest kind of ship, a giant crew, fancy cannons and said ship blinged out to hell without ever whaling/spending real $.

Oh it's not about the soloable, I just loved doing raid and dungeons in group, that's why I mostly played FF14 nowadays . But I still love good questing and do some elder scroll online . Just wanted to explore older games .

DON'T . I was playing landmark at release ...

Planetside 2
Maplestory 1 and 2

Planetside 2 has still enough players for massive fights ?

Attached: 1559857281582.png (337x372, 17K)

Yep, loads of people came back after the DX11 update and continents are full enough to have multiple 96+/96+ fights going on at once during peak hours. It gets especially crazy during 2x exp

Is there any reason to play games like Aion, Eden eternal or thing like that ? Saw that they were slowly becoming moblie idle games

What even are they doing these days? I heard there was some controversy with the Russian guy that bought them, but beyond that, it doesn't seem like they have any plans besides keeping H1Z1 running. Certainly doesn't seem like it's worth it.

There's youtubers streaming planetside, leading squads & doing flightschools for their subs.

ultima online: outlands server is alive and well since october 2018. even if you never played it, it's worth a shot. especially with the "classic UO" client that grants unlimited FPS (old client was locked at like 20fps), unlimited resolution, and just a ton of general improvements for modern pcs. very active discord, very active devs, very active economy. been addicted since like march.

Attached: sumfestkingsfairead.gif (654x760, 2.34M)

Play Project 1999. New server releases in October!

Just to ask, has the PS4 version ever been updated for the newer shit like that base buildan vehicle, or is PS4 stuck in NEVER EVER land because lul?

I still play RO

What's so special about the next server?

>tfw playing on Netherwing

Dark Age of Camelot,Phoenix was the last private server i played for it i think

It's just the first fresh start since 2009 when blue server was released.

It does. The game has improved over the years except for the headshot multiplier. The two reasons why woolens quit are because of utter domination by veterans or they think the game is too laggy because of client side lag

All of them, or they wouldn't still be running.

Wow
Black Desert
ff14
ff11
Gw2
Gw1
Tera online
Blade and soul
Everquest
Star trek online
SWTOR

I should really give it another go even back in the day i was too much of a brainlet for

>fresh start
>everquest
this is already available on live everquest servers in the form of semi-yearly timeline progression servers, with three month expansion releases

unless p99's new project starts in velious and ends in luclin or planes of power, i don't see it being very popular due to how many hand-holding rules and guidelines they enforce. can't contest raid mobs, can't contest camps, no multiboxing to keep purist boomer faggots happy, literally scheduled raid times that get your guild banned if you try to go against them and all the other shitty circus of politics you have to deal with on p99

it doesn't help that classic and kunark are probably the two lowest points of everquest in terms of content design as well.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-03+at+01.08.20).jpg (908x462, 144K)

Meridian 59

MMORPGs don't need a lot of players to be profitable, they run and have developers working on them with 10-20k people playing.

Is SWTOR any good ? enough update and players ?

>no game has stolen/improved tera's combat system
jdimsa, it is the only escape

If you want to play EQ1, I suggest trying out Project 1999. The server is usually well populated.

In all honesty, this is the ultimate fault of EQ1 as whole in regards to contested raid mobs. SoE/DBG at least knows that you need GM's to be around to handle all the issues of this shit that was fucking everywhere in EQ1. P99 unfortunately doesn't have that leisure. Now when you say contest camps, do you mean for high end content where people stake out and say they have a personal camp spot during an exact time?

>it doesn't help that classic and kunark are probably the two lowest points of everquest in terms of content design as well.

I disagree with that. Kunark and Classic at least don't have linear overland zones. Velious was made specifically for the hardcore and to give those with proper gear a new challenge. It's one of the reasons why each mob down to the grunts of the zones have double the hp you'd find in Kunark.

>ultima online: outlands server

agreed

it's good

I fell for it hook line and sinker.

Attached: 1537830333376.gif (500x281, 139K)

I was so foolish to dream.

Attached: 34634.png (497x360, 194K)

daybreak is such a death sentence, which is a shame cause i felt landmark was going pretty well

According to the devs, it just wasn't fun.

Attached: everquest-next-screens-.jpg (544x300, 25K)

daybreak will shit out any reason if it means they can cut a loss. daybreak doesnt develop anything, and landmark was still in early access. This means SHUT IT DOWN ITS NOT MAKING IMMEDIATE PROFIT

>What even are they doing these days?
They are behind the latest butchering of Planetside (Planetside Arena)

>(Planetside Arena)
>PlanetSide Arena launches January 29, 2019

Attached: 1472504790459.jpg (485x533, 66K)

Anarchy online 2k19 server
progression server they introduced this year, brought a ton of old faces back from 2000-2009 players I haven't seen in a long time. Cap is 205 right now been a good time since May. Best thing that's happened this year for me.

Alright, installing. Never played UO.

This thing is still alive and well across multiple servers. 767 players on the most popular one right now.

Attached: war-logo-white.jpg (600x319, 174K)

nothing, daybreak doesnt develop anything. they just buy properties and churn out cosmetics

i'd give anything for a archeage private server without p2w.

god id play the shit out of it. alpha/beta was fun as fuck

Attached: ships.jpg (810x476, 81K)

There was no chance this was actually going to be good