There are older games I enjoy and can see how they're fun and love playing but DOOM 1 is complete fucking garbage...

There are older games I enjoy and can see how they're fun and love playing but DOOM 1 is complete fucking garbage. Holy shit is this game boring. It was never good and it certainly isnt good now.

Attached: xokis.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C4yIxUOWrtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based

Wrong. Or you didn't play on ultra violence.

Doom 1 is fine
Doom 2 is a snoozefest

Play Brutal Doom, its the original Doom for ADHD-raddled zoomers.

its not to do with the gameplay really. it's just an ugly fucking game. I can appreciate that it inspired many great games after but its dated as fuck and not in a good way. the people who still hold it up as "better then the shit they call games nowadays" are morons. even the worst COD game that is ass fucked with microtransactions is infinitely better then DOOM 1

Nah, Doom is still insanely fun. You just go fast and blast shit to hell.

Attached: DOOM.png (1543x6892, 1.67M)

Heretic is better

>it's just an ugly fucking game
ur a fagot

Attached: 1457563803718.png (3194x1436, 1.69M)

>DUDE RED GREY AND BLUE

all seriousness though later dooms did the look better. QUAKE is what DOOM should have been.

>There are older games
Agreed

Not that user but again, play brutal doom
It is made for enlightened individuals such as yourself.
just make sure you you play on the easiest difficulty since it sounds like you can’t deal with ultra violence. don’t worry, someday you might have the muscle control to play the game and not look at the keyboard at the same time

The I got the mod for u.
Its called Terrywad.

I've been seeing an increased amount of Doom hate threads recently. Where is this hate for Doom coming from? Is it bait or is it legitimately the nu-Yea Forums zoomer audience who can't into any videogame from before 2007?

Attached: 1474521703377.jpg (479x592, 55K)

>I've been seeing an increased amount of Doom hate threads recently.
All the Doom hate threads are about Brutal Doom and/or 2016 Doom, only this faggot is whining about OG Doom.

What an awful fucking opinion.

nu-Yea Forums zoomer audience

It's the same people who shit on Half-Life.

Well they released the original 3 games on all systems just about a week ago, so that makes it a popular topic for all the contrarians to hate on to seem cool

I'm getting too old for this board...

Attached: 1343662285665.jpg (232x197, 23K)

Sucks to be you, faggot. I played it last year and had a great time.

Kindly fuck off out sight you Zoomlet. Thank you.

Fucking Zoomer influx. That generation needs a collective abortion. Now.

Nobody seriously plays base doom anymore. The reason why it has endured for over 20 years is because of the massive modding scene.

Maybe instead of whining like a fucking bitch you should call them out, or are you afraid that someone hurts your feelings in an anonymous imageboard?

I play base Doom only as mods defile the perfect game that it is

they dropped on switch earlier this week so all smashcels are coming out of woodwork.

I'm going to go ahead and call you a liar. Maps are mods and I am certain that you've played maps other than base doom.

this is why we have /vr/ and this is why we don't want to let 6th gen kids slippery slope their way there

basedzoomzoom

>it was never good
you can't make that statement, you weren't even born

20% shitposters screwing around and baiting oldfriends, 80% genuine kids who only ever played E1M1 and expose themselves. A bunch of people genuinely hate Doom for having no vertical aim and sprite based enemies without headshot weakpoints.

You're so zoomer it hurts

>hurr durr it looks like shit
Gtfo. The original devs didnt really make any $. They shared WITH the community

Oh lord hold my sides! Hahahahahaha.

/vr/ needs to update that image as well as their big package archive, its extremely outdated by now and I feel bad for new people wanting to get into Doom and having to deal with it.

that's when you start picking up some wads for a completely new experience

>ive had this shit for 20+ years

not him, but I never have
I just replay the first two every once in a while
I've never had any interest in the community content

>call them out
Maybe instead of having a pissing contest with buzzword, shit-flinging children about what game is the next coming of jesus vs the absolute worst pile of steaming shit, he wants to discuss vidya which have flaws, but also have good points too. The retards that are all or nothing with no middle ground are the problem

Here you go OP I fixed Doom for you

youtu.be/C4yIxUOWrtw

>he wants to discuss vidya which have flaws, but also have good points too.
Then shut the fuck up and talk about vidya instead of "WAAH WAAH ZOOMERS ARE RUINING MY BOARD :(((("

fuck off zoomer

You have to be 18 or older to post here

The video guide is less than a year old

Play Doom 2, it's faster with its progression and the level design is much more creative.

The devs got rich as fuck from Doom user

They only uploaded the first few levels but sold millions of copies of the rest of the game by mail order

Attached: Chandler-Bing-chandler-bing-30704004-644-444.png (644x444, 462K)