Playing Quake (1996) in the year (2019)

Hi anons, this is me playing Quake on a 2019 PC. #SorryForBadEnglish
youtu . be / t5Ae5Wp_oZQ

Attached: 2019-08-03 10_02_01-(90) 1 of 1 uploaded - YouTube.png (536x127, 41K)

first

I know this is a PA request thread but if anybody is interested in playing Quake, use the Quakespasm source port.

I played it just a few weeks ago and it's fun as fuck.

Someone post a server I'll play

did you guys see that Quake 2 raytracing video?

I recently replayed Quake 1, it never gets old. I'm currently doing my first playthrough of Arcane Dimensions.

redpill me on Quake Champions Yea Forums, why does it suck and what Quake game is the superior 2019 multiplayer one?

It doesn't. Quake Champions is actually a really fun games. The people who shit on it are newfags LARPing as oldfags who pretend they like arena shooters for Internet gamer cred. None of them played Q3A or UT99 in their prime.

Attached: Quake champions.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

OP here, it's fun AF. I get 2000+ FPS with two Nvidia GTX 980. SLI enabled.

They just refuse to add anything the fans want. Like server lists. You have to queue for the awful matchmaking to join a game and when the match is done everyone's kicked and you queue again. It's terrible.

People just want a server list that you can jump in and out at will but they just won't do it.

Also the games literally not released officially yet it has a paid battle pass and lootboxes. So because they make 100% of their revenue from cosmetics they won't allow you to mod the game or characters. Cus then you wouldn't buy the outfits. Quake was built on fan mods and maps so it's a complete slap in the face to the games roots.

The games engine in general has super wonky performance across everyone's systems. People on a high end rig can get awful performance while others are fine.

Also the actual online netcode is shit too.

I like the game but it's got serious issues and the team don't care to fix them. The games got about 6 months until it's officially shutdown. They announced literally zero new content or updates or anything at Quakecon basically confirming it's going to get put down.

Never, it's one of the best real 3D FPS.

It doesn’t suck. It just failed to take off because big streamers got their asses handed to them, ducked out and never went back.
It’s pretty fucking good, it just needs players to keep it alive and a strong big community. There’s usually a couple bad bugs in the game though at different points in development.

OP here: Quake Darkplaces it's the way to go. I buy Quake on Steam but I use Darkplaces Engine Mod to run the game..

Are you Spanish OP?

OP here: here it's the command (CMD) you need to use to launch it

Attached: 2019-08-03 10_29_55-Command Prompt.png (1125x50, 4K)

Native Spanish speaker, yeap.

Yo también
I'll start making videos one of these days, too. Hope I have a good enough english accent for it
I have a few recorded already

Attached: 1532636270815.jpg (654x713, 68K)

I'm going full Quake this year anons...

Attached: 2019-08-03 10_33_19-Steam.png (314x259, 39K)

haha nice, yeap I think I have neutral accent or that's what my teacher said

brokeanon here, Quake 1 or Quake 2? can only afford one.

this pic reminds me Aphex Twin

Don't buy either retard. Go see the FPS general on /vr/. There's safe links in the OP to download all the games for free. Also, use a fucking source port. Vanilla is garbage.

It's MOLD

Attached: 1532636270814.png (645x663, 619K)

If you want "better" graphics, choose Quake 2, but if you want the real deal and where it all came from choose Quake 1...

thanks buddy, saved me 5-10 bucks.

Mmm like this user said, you can go full torrent and hacking too.. It's your choice... ( 1337x . to )

cool tricks you got there, I was only using Yea Forums to read, never to post, this is my first post ever

good first post lad

Just pirate them, the money doesn't go to the original devs anymore.

thank u bro

it only go to uncle Gave Newell pockets..

used to be good, developers have no idea what they're doing. haven't regularly played in 7 months

Attached: shitgame.jpg (522x88, 10K)