Dragon Quest XI S demo announced

>Square-Enix has announced that they'll be releasing a demo for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, and the demo's save data will grant users a “Skill Seed” in the full game. The demo's save data will also unlock the premium hero card “The One Descended from Erdrick [S]” in the Switch version of Dragon Quest Rivals. No release date has been given for the demo at this time.

>Continuing on with the Dragon Quest XI S info, Square-Enix also revealed that the world of Dragon Quest X will appear in Dragon Quest XI S as one of the past Dragon Quest worlds players can travel to. Furthermore, Erik will be able to wear his “North Leather Style” outfit from the one-shot manga starring Erik by Hiro Mashima that will debut in the August 21st issue of V-Jump magazine.

>Finally, an enhanced “Draconian Quest” will appear in Dragon Quest XI S. With “Super Shypox” enabled, all members of the party are inflicted with the “Shypox” spell.

How does it keep getting better?

Attached: IMG_20190803_094217.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/Zharkos
boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/shitch/page/155/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wow DQXI Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch is a good exclusi-

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1564033244785m.jpg (910x1024, 183K)

I'm so glad there are monster mounts in the game. I didn't like that I had to ride around on a regular horse after being able to ride around on the great sabrecat in VIII. The flying wolf one looks cool.

Bottom unironically looks better.

-ve

The PS4 version has much less content.

Striking while the smash iron is hot I see

Attached: sakurai_nov2018.jpg (400x600, 36K)

i dont see much difference at all. so yes to finish off your sentence

>wow DQXI Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch is a good exclusive

no release date?

>He thinks DQ fans give a shit about graphics

no release date for the demo yet. probably within the next week or so, maybe announced in a nintendo direct?

release date

this
like fuck dude the DS versions are usually the most beloved ones

Seethe harder, snoy.

I mean it's pretty obvious Square-Enix is using the power of Smash Marketing to push DQ into the west.

and it's working on me I'm probably gonna buy this day 1 even though I've only ever played DQ8

>not pictured: the ear-destroying midi music that ps4 console babies had to put up with for 80 hours
>also not pictured: the nice orchestral track that only pc and switch users will experience
>further not pictured: marrying jade

Can't wait to try the shit version on my Nintendo Shitch!

I'll be playing it in 16-bit visuals.

Heads up there is a way to transfer data from the 3DS or PS4 version but only in Japan.
No option for PC since it wasnt made to be updated.
The only thing is that it will not send you directly where you were last, it sends you to the last major story section.

>Shit version
>Has the most content of all versions of the game by far.
Try harder

>also not pictured: the fact that you can't even see your party members in the PS4 version while they always follow you in the Switch

Hey Eric, how's it going dude

>tfw hate jrpgs
>tfw love jade and wanna marry her

What do i do bros

Attached: 6A57CCDE-7A9F-4162-9B06-006C067143C6.jpg (708x480, 37K)

>pc: graphics + orchestral music
>switch: 8 bit mode + new story areas + other additional content + orchestral music
>ps4: ???
sounds like the ps4 is the shit version to me

>Content
>Patch tier shit with DLC tier content addons that add next to nothing to the overall game
>Resolution scaling below 720p, cant even hold 30 FPS most of the time
>Looks like absolute shit

I'll pass, even if I can get it free on my Shitch.

Who?

Yeah, PC seems the only reasonable version. The Shitch version is by far the most useless.

>"DLC tier content"
>acting like anyone that plays old school JRPGs gives a shit about if its 720p
>leaving out the fact that the PS4 version also struggled to keep it at 30fps
>Shitch
>"Who?"

whatever you say, Eric

Nigger I’m excited about the 16 but mode
You’re point is moot

JUST DON'T FUCKING RESPOND. WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ALL OF YOU? DO YOU WANT EVERY DRAGON QUEST THREAD TO BE LIKE THIS? JUST DON'T FUCKING RESPOND

Attached: 1551903671489.jpg (1403x1978, 317K)

It being portable is a big plus. Probably never would have finished DQ1-4 if I couldn’t play them on my phone.

I do want to get DQXI on PC, but I can’t see myself playing these games just sitting there doing nothing else.

>Next to no content actually added that is substantial
>Pretending a patch tier update is huge
>Acting like visual appeal is the biggest thing when the gameplay is mediocre
>PS4 version is way more stable than anything Shitch

Okay paranoid Shitch owner.

different time of day. look at the shadows

I feel like the past few years with DQ has just made me content.
>11 is cool happy were getting a portable version with the combined content and more
>heroes was an okay idea but I wanted them to go farther with it and basically make DQ3/9 as an action game
>builders is always so close to greatness but stumbles is still alright, shocked both PS4 and Switch have no caps to prevent the framerate from diving
>DQ9 remake for Switch implied by horii which makes me super happy but worried they might fuck it up in some way
>still no western monsters release
>talk of 10 being repurposed as an offline game for a WW release, No idea how that will go

Attached: dragon_quest_heroes_1-2-5.jpg (1120x630, 269K)

Close the post form. I know you're looking at the shitpost and itching to call him out. You're not going to accomplish anything and only going to make the thread worse. Just close it.

Cope Eric, the Switch is a hit, this version of DQXI is going sell the best by far, and nothing you can say will change this.

Attached: slimbo.gif (480x270, 2M)

What are the odds of them porting enhanced versions of the DS games to Switch's E-Shop if DQXI S sells well? I know there's been talk of the Bravely Default team wanting to do the same for Default/Second.

This. We recommend the mobile versions to people, man. Graphics are the least of our concerns.

Should I emulate 8 on PS2 or 3DS?

>Erik gets his own manga and is the protagonist of the next Monsters spin-off.

Why does Japan love Erik so much?

If you are emulating it, go for the DS version with the Orchestra fan patch.

Low, The DS games would take a lot of work to get into a decent shape for a new release outside of mobile, the only ports that are really likely are 1-3 but the new bad versions on PS4 and 3DS, and 7 and 8.

Attached: 001-11.jpg (1280x720, 768K)

I’ve played a bunch of DQ games
DQM Joker was my 1st DQ game and I was always weirded out why can’t I recruit monsters like Joker?
That’s when I found out Joker was the exception not the standard

here's every dq11 version ranked
pc > ps4 pro > ps4 > 3ds > switch

its worth mentioning the 3ds version is like a demake and runs both 3d/2d versions at the same time. its very cool because using the joystick lets you run in 360' on the top screen but if you use the dpad it locks you to tiles on the bottom screen. switch version has the 2d version as a bonus but it doesn't match up with the 3d because the environments are ps4 version. 3ds environments were downscaled to fit the the 2d scale.

pc version lets you use real 4k (unlike ps4 pro) and set the framerate to 60. there's also an orchestrated music mod.
switch version is a ps4 port but runs worse in every way possible, but does have extras to try to make up for it

Attached: dq11 3ds.jpg (1920x991, 402K)

YIKES

You mean the Shitch*, and I don't know who your boogieman is but it makes me laugh.

>You're not going to accomplish anything and only going to make the thread worse.
I'm only pointing out the worst version on the worst platform. Nothing more, nothing less. I have a Shitch too.

You have no idea what you are talking about, the 2D mode is only top and bottom for the opening of the game then it requires you to pick one or the other, after that point changing between them requires you to go to a save point, pick 2D/3D and it reloads you from the last major plot point.

and let me guess you have literally every single game on it because you are a master hacker and yet you refuse to show anyone your game library unless they join some creepy private discord?
you are way too fucking obvious now dude, and please seek help

You can only marry her if you buy the game, so do it.

I wish I’d kill for new DQM Joker
I don’t care it was just a Pokémon clone it single handily got me into DQ

ps2 first, 3ds second. 3ds version still has stutter on citra but no random encounters will make it a fast playthrough to see the extras.

Did they reveal Erik’s DQM game last night or did they blue ball us

Souless
Soul

You must be an extremely young child if you think graphics are more important than content and mechanical improvements.

COPE

Attached: 1564240258662.jpg (640x9109, 1.95M)

There was a rumor awhile back that some versions of DQX dropped the ip check.
I think people said it was either Switch or PC, since they recently dropped Wii, 3DS, and Mobile

Attached: Dragon-Quest-X-13.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Dragon Quest had monster capturing before Pokemon was a thing.

No, because I can load it on an HD and get all my games from Dark Umbra archives.

Let me guess, you're a bitch boy Shitch owner that's too scared about the truth, and defends the baby tablet with your life because its part of your identity as a "gamer". Fucking loser lmao.

While you are right, DQM came out after Pokemon. Also didn't MegaTen predate both DQ5 and Pokemon?

>patch notes are content
lol

Who do people still feed the troll?

>content is content
...yes it is?

You should understand the fanbase of the series you're trying to shitpost. Most don't even like that it's 3D.

because he's become so fucking obvious and still denies everything, it's too funny to me
I know I shouldn't but it feels like scratching a spider bite

I wish I had a mermaid wife.
Only then will I be set for life.

Deny what exactly? I'm curious.

No, they are patches. The content listed is hardly anything for an 80 hour RPG that you will spend maybe less than an hour viewing this new "DLC tier" shit. It's like adding cosmetics.

How closesly tied is 10 to 9?

Attached: 20190802162109_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.69M)

Damn, Switch version really bothers you that much. Huh.

>new missions
>new monsters
>new attacks and synergies
>new story content
>new costumes
>a new japanese dub with orchestrated soundtrack
>new mounts
>new modes

Hell it has more new content than most sequels have lately, so by your logic all sequels are just a patches.

Attached: 1532879068438.png (453x472, 287K)

>finally will be able to fight Gold Calasmos
I really didn't want to buy the 3DS version for a super boss.

Know what would be funnier? Depriving him of attention and watching him squirm instead of giving him exactly what he wants

>adding a 2D 16 Bit mode for the entire game is something you use for less then an hour
>adding new music for the entire game
>adding the ability to see your fucking party following you is only something you see for an hour
cope

The last, what, 7 games have been 3D? Do you mean they don't want it to look good? Now that's just being retarded then.

show me another game that has this much content added in a free patch then

announcing a demo?

>Hell it has more new content than most sequels have lately,
Again, not even close to near amounts to justify anything close to worth it. Its patch tier content.

Yes,
>2D mode is shit used by autists
>Music can easily be replaced on all versions, which is better than even the OG soundtrack
>Literally useless tier cosmetic

bloodborne
only for ps4

they are adding a free demo of the starting area sometime next week, the important bit is what you do in it will save and carry over onto a save in the final version

Witcher 3

>this content will only last an hour lmao get owned
>what about all this new content that lasts the entire game?
>d-doesn't count
everytime with you

There's a 100% chance that every Snoyshill that posts this picture and argues for graphics over content hasn't actually played any Dragon Quest games.

>Cosmetic content
>Mattering when your game looks and runs like shit on the Shitch
Nope.

what free content was added to bloodborne?
some small quests, a few costumes vs 10 brand new areas, new music, visible party members, completely different graphical style

Sure, try mod the PS4 version

How to make Eric go away.
1. Post his Youtube channel that he doxxed himself with.
youtube.com/user/Zharkos
2. Laugh at him.

How to make ANY SHITPOSTER go away
1. Ignore them
That's it.

>Mute music
>Add whatever track you want over it
Wow that was hard.

>mission claims you need to be around 40 to do it
>every time I go in he fucks me up
>finally look up people doing it an they're all level 99
man, the grind is too much in this game.

Attached: 2017062804324600-3818AF90B60DD3194A63102CCA808EAF.jpg (1280x720, 305K)

How to pretend everyone is "Eric" and blame all the Shitch's issues on a person instead of facing its multitude of issues:
>Find someone being critical of anything Shitch related
>Call him Eric
>Pretend to DOX him (which is bannable)
>Still get butt flustered when you run away from your problems and real discussion

Such is life as a Shitch fanboy.

Thats not fucking modding you chromosome hoarding potato fucker.

By the same logic, you can play Bloodborne on your Switch by playing footage of it on the youtube app.

Attached: _Kb-_VkvkEGmfk3t84C61w8Dw9lHKY08Ct35iUQx-R8.jpg (540x720, 57K)

That's pretty cringe Eric.

Yikes

I was referring the PC version and PS4 collectively, moron. Literally anything works better than the shit portable version.

Anyone know of good ways to grind my guys up faster?
People say you can get they keys to get into the metal slime king room from hunting them in the wild but I haven't gotten any in so long, and hunting kings is so fucking tedious even in the easiest areas to find them.

Attached: 2017062716103200-3818AF90B60DD3194A63102CCA808EAF.jpg (1280x720, 240K)

>Pretend to DOX him
Oh no no keep telling yourself that. Have you forgotten Mega Man 11 already?

Nigga it’s an anime game featuring really bad puns and the most recognizable character is a little blue slime we don’t need movie game graphics

Who?

Cringe.

LMAO
It's hilarious how sure you are. Yet, you are the same person who runs away from a voice chat right?

That never works either. Oh well it's still funny to laugh at Ruggarel's microscopic snoydick whenever he shows up.

Why the fuck would anyone defend the PS4 version if you play it on PC? The PS4 version is unmoddable, is locked at 30 fps, and has framedrops. Any intellectual would ask the question : What do I prioritize, more content or better performance? So the choice will always be between the PC and Switch version.

It's Shitch* on this board, please use the correct term when discussing Nintendo's console.

Eric you're acting schizo again. You've been at this for 2-3 years maybe even more. It's time to stop and get help.

Performance + Resolution > Patch tier content in an 80 hour game

>That never works either
You've never seen it happen it in the first place.

>muh patch
Is this the new snoy cope?

>Actual DQ threads show up once in a blue moon
>people let one dude keep ripping them to shreds

Attached: 2017062804324200-3818AF90B60DD3194A63102CCA808EAF.jpg (1280x720, 237K)

Which is why it was pointless of you to suggest that to begin with.

It wouldn't be pointless if all of you would just think for one goddamn second about what you are accomplishing by taking the most obvious fucking bait in the history of the world

Sure John Bain, sure.

The reason we know it's you Eric is because you have a uniquely autistic writing style. Plus you always get this utterly flustered and defensive whenever you get called out.

DAILY FUCKING REMINDER FAGGOTS:
you can marry your waifu in the switch version and not in the ps4 version

Attached: Drunk Delinquent dot jaypeg.jpg (650x500, 112K)

Why does this guy pretend he's not obsessed when he keeps going around challenging people to discuss things VC? Does he not know he is very easily identifiable?

You mean like what you're doing now?

PATCH CONTENT!!!!!!!!!1>1!!>

stay mad

Attached: smug.png (487x476, 178K)

Behold true autism
boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/shitch/page/155/
>9116 results found

>DQHII Switch neve ever on west.

I hate SE

Man playing this kinda made me upset back when it launched since I was also playing DQ8 3DS thinking how it would have been better if they just waited.
Its not really worth it, its an early Koei Switch game meaning it barely functions.
Koei still have a rocky record on Switch, remember how DQB1 ran well and was made by Square while 2 didnt and was made by Koei?

Attached: 2017050506284300-3818AF90B60DD3194A63102CCA808EAF.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

>deflecting this hard
Keep "challenging" anyone that disagree with you I guess.

Well you've convinced me. Only someone autistic as him could make a discord server.

Serena is best girl. Jade fags are literally toddler minded milk junkies.

Ragnar is still fucking great even if his moveset is kinda bland, the story changes they made around him were cool.

Attached: 2017081704515100-3818AF90B60DD3194A63102CCA808EAF.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

to be fair DQB2 is far more demanding that B1 so is understandable.

also, I have heard that it doesn't worth but I want it anyways, outside Hyrule Warriors there are no decent musou on Switch.

2 is also using UE4 I think.
Actually most of Koeis Musous are fine on Switch.
FE is okay if you dont mind the bad cast but the new Warriors Orrochi was pretty good.

I don't even like the Switch, just wanted to point out that you're really obsessed. I look forward to seeing your mentally ill ass sperging out in SMT V threads.

But it's not in english, so what difference does it make?

If you truly loved her you would be able to put up with a game you hated no questions asked

EAT SHIT FAGGOT

Attached: 2017070416024500-3818AF90B60DD3194A63102CCA808EAF.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

Why are Shitch owners so scared of confronting any critism? We already know Yea Forums has Nintendo fanboy mods.

ERIC BTFO

Now, to finally get back on track, Mia deserves to be playable as part of the added content

Attached: 65601695_p0.jpg (1126x1681, 157K)

Who?

>needs a janny because he cant take criticizing his toy
Lmaoooo
Shitch owners have mental health issues.

>...m.jpg
Kill yourself.

>DQ
>Caring about graphics
How to spot a retarded snoyfaggot

I miss making party members in 9 and 3.

Attached: 1436183562657.jpg (1280x720, 526K)

alright dqfags is this a good starting point?

Best starts are 5, 8, 3, or 11.

Yes.

No, start with 7, on PS1 preferably

Attached: 1541360431222.jpg (1968x1614, 279K)

>nu-Kid

Attached: Kid.%28Chrono.Cross%29.full.2511445.jpg (1080x1980, 1.05M)

Switchfags and their nerfed PS2 hardware really didn't like this post huh

Did they say if the save data carries over in such a way that I don't have to replay what would already played in the demo? Or is this demo like Bravely Default or Pokemon ORAS & SuMo?

And that's a good thing!

Attached: 1550742850007.png (700x840, 691K)

no, don't do this

What's wrong with the 3DS version?

who cares this game is shit like90% of dq franchise

I'm fucking with you, only start with 7 if you like not having your first battle until 4 hours in

Attached: 1549021172607.png (800x600, 590K)

I'm still not buying it
And in these threads most people who will buy seem like they already like the franchise, if not have played DQ XI before

Guess the demo will be a good chance to see how it runs, I don't mind the lowered graphics but if the framerate keeps fluctuacing that might stick me to the PC version

Do not feed the trolls.

NICE. Hopefuly it shows enough to decide if this will be my first DQ or not.

Just beat DQB2, any post game stuff I should keep an eye out for?

Attached: dq 3 sage.png (300x296, 176K)

better that than not doing anything after the Smash announcement when people are most interested in the series, see Castlevania

Honestly Luminary getting in as the rep over Erdrick was not surprising but expected since they wanted to promote DQ XIS.

You think that's bad? Kid, try comparing PS2 DQVIII to 3DS. That's a difference. This is a optimization slider from mid to mid-low in comparison.

So is there any real content not in the ps4 version?

I'm not going through the game again so soon just for worse graphics and some QoL changes

The mirror has a purpose still, if you've played DQ2, you should know what to do.

Attached: 1564584954853.jpg (3840x2160, 3.73M)

Can I just have the 3DS version localized With the DQ1 code

Don't bother, the DQ1-3 remasters are not a step up from the SNES versions. Same backgrounds but slightly "polished" character sprites like in the FF1-2 remakes in PSP.

>this retard long list
Fucking hell, gotta read all this

The things that matter:
2D mode
Party chatter in fights
Party visible in the field
Chapter select
Costumes not tied to armor slots

>demo announced
>tfw getting anxious about how it will look in handheld since i exclusively play portable
>tfw will probably be 540p
I know, graphics doesn't matter (when its convenient for the argument) but still. I'm so sick of seeing almost every switch game i buy run at lower than 600p. Or worst. Having frame rate issues too since this is done on UE4

Attached: 1564828958382.gif (472x472, 2.62M)

why does square think ANYBODY likes that flash game aesthetic. PSP FFIV looked like a newgrounds knockoff of FF

Maybe by performance, but in terms of features and gameplay switch>3ds>pc with mods > ps4

Well, they apparently contract two studios and the one that has the right idea (upgrade backgrounds, not characters) is doing Romancing SaGa 3 right now (their RS2 remake is fantastic!). A shame that all of them design the UIs for mobiles, so they look like wank.

It's insane just how much the Switch version gets over the others.

Let me think:
* Complete 2D mode you can play the entire game in
* Dual audio and more voice acting
* Ability to explore past DQ worlds
* Expanded storylines for each character
* Various quality of life changes, can now also ride vastly more monsters as mounts and transmog gear with a vanity system
* The OST is an actual proper orchestra one instead of the disappointing synthesized one - can also play with the DQVIII OST
* You can now romance and marry a lot of characters in the postgame

To double dip or not, that is the question.

Graphics never matter, especially not in JRPGs.

Is this what modern men desire?

Attached: bl180306_37.jpg (500x500, 258K)

>PSP FFIV looked like a newgrounds knockoff of FF
Hey man I actually liked FF4 on PSP. It's the mobile ports of 5 and 6 that are the real travesties.

They do sometimes, let's be frank, but definitely not in the case of DQ.

>wanting to play a modern full 3d game all blurry
I think there is a misconception here. Graphics are one thing, resolution is an other. The issue here is resolution, things looking blurry, muddy or jagged.

Can confirm
t.modern man

Attached: 1564691357067.png (447x697, 67K)

If it looks near what the HobbyConsolas screenshots look, it's pretty fine by me.

Not enough floof

Attached: 1546206018910.jpg (1111x768, 267K)

Does this game have padding like DQVIII? Doing a bunch of shit just to fight Dhoulmagus was a chore.

Wait. What screenshots?

The one on OP? There was another with a grassy field that is used for shitposting.

Will the extra content hit PC and PS4?
All i care about is the japanese voices. Reason why i didn't buy the game on PC.

user, the on in the OP is pre-render. Also the one with the grass its been tempered in size so it doesn't help either

This, VIII, or IV are the best starters in my opinion.

Yes yes it did

He’ll just bump himself 5 times until he gets more attention

My bad. One would think people like Digital Foundry already got their hands on it.

>Literally over 9000
There’s a point where austim ends and straight up mentally illness begins

Unlikely, there's rumors that Nintendo straight up paid for certain things (Orchestral music being the big one) and if SE didn't update FFXII Zodiac Age while the Switch and Xbox ones got a ton of stuff added I don't see why they would update this one

That's a shame then but its just a rumor which i hope is not true. Would definitely like to get the game but i don't to get it on the switch.

I want to get dq11 on ps4 but man, all these additions are really tempting.
Even if I have no idea what the dq10 world is, it still sounds really cool to explore it.
And the new pixel style.
May have to stop being a snoyboy for once and grab it on switch.

You should be able to grab a copy of the PS4 version for 10 bucks by the end of the year if you're interested in the graphics.

Nah, not really a graphics whore.
Gameplay takes priority to me.
Plus the graphics being bad on switch doesn't mean anything since I'll probably be using the sprite mode most of the time anyways so.

It's not really a bad looking game by any means, the textures are very detailed. Although you can get that through videos, lol.

Literally rent free. Every fucking DQ thread.

Ohh, I didn't meant the one in the OP but the one below, with the horse. Sorry about that, just found out the mistake.

Wait, did your partners really not follow you in the original? That's a key JRPG feature these days.

how about you actually play the game first

>NPCs lie to you
Castlevania 2 flashbacks

Eric really did delete his whole shitposting didnt he?

CUTE!

The PS4 wasn't powerful enough.

Wait is this from the new content or in the base game? She is cute....CUTE

Attached: 1504795135298.png (166x166, 14K)