Roguelikes

I have recently discovered this relatively small genre and want Yea Forums's opinion on which games are best

Should I buy Darkest Dungeon?
So far I'm catching up and have bought:
>Necrodancer
>Enter the Gungeon
>Nuclear Throne

Attached: e678d48ad56ad2be35ab7f0bf7b598dc.jpg (593x1093, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

te4.org/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

inb4 false elitist shit on all of these games
technically those are rougelites since there is a static progression even if you die

I'm playing Into the Breach now and it's pretty good

Darkest Dungeon is very RNG heavy compared to the ones you got.
You should try Dead Cells and Dungeons of Dreadmore as well

OK, honestly didn't know. So true roguelikes are more like what, Diablo?

One Way Heroics is a really simple roguelike, but it's fucking great.

One Way Heroics is a really simple roguelike, but it's fucking great.

Synthetik is lesser known and really fucking good if you want sci-fi, they released a free standalone horde mode version of it to try out.

Attached: ss_0c0684896e357f636729bd33f27e9194a8ccc1f4.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

binding of isaac

They are like the video game called Rogue, zoomer scum

Just a fyi, roguelikes usually refer to tile based, turn based rpg games (like rogue). Most people will understand but on Yea Forums where people are desperate to be smug, they will shit on you because you didnt call them roguelites. Though, they will prob shit on you regardless because roguelites are more popular than roguelikes.

Anyway, I love roguelites so here are my top suggestions.
>Dead Cells
>Synthetik
>Immortal Redneck
Wizard of Legend, Risk of Rain 1 and 2, Deep Rock Galactic are all great as well.

Avoid Binding of Issac, it's not good, though it is often praised because its got a very nice style and was many peoples first/only experience with roguelites.

well ackchually enter the gungeon and nuclear throne are top-down shooters and necrodancer probably is also
the first one is buggy and slow and repetitive the remake is easy as shit

I'm 30 lol

No. Actual roguelikes look like pic related. Top down, Ascii art is optional. Randomly generated, Permadeath, Dungeon Crawling Role Playing Games.

People today for some reason have started calling games randomly generated levels and permadeath roguelikes.

Actual roguelikes include
Rogue
NetHack
ADOM
Moria
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
(Elona to an extent except it's not permadeath (Unless you really want it to be))

Attached: 4000.png (719x421, 13K)

I would recommend you get ''Faster Than Light'' and ''Risk of Rain''. RoR2 is pretty good but still very basic so I'd recommend the first one much more. If it's your thing, you could try ''Sublevel Zero'' as well

Attached: 1524924213333.jpg (500x500, 28K)

It's because the names roguelike and roguelite look similar and people don't realize they're different things.

that's even worse dude

>"Roguelike"
>has graphics
>has permanent progression
>has action combat

Attached: 1563451661208.jpg (647x740, 54K)

Damn...

OP, if you want a true roguelike game that's extremely beginner friendly, pick up ToME (te4.org/). It's pretty much designed for people new to roguelikes that want to ease into the genre, while also having difficulties for the more hardcore vets of the genre

Monolith

FTL is the best one out there hands down.

Attached: 212680_20180829125136_1.png (1280x720, 532K)

RNG trash.

>muh elitism
No, the problem is that if I want to talk about these games, we have a word to describe them and immediately understand what we are refering to. These days if you use it you get people bringing up all these games that have very little to do with the genre.
Get your own word niggers.

Not OP, but anyone got some multiplayer roguelites? Streets of Rogue was pretty fun. As was Crawl, if that counts as one.

Darkest Dungeon is very stressful. Buy at your own risk.

I liked it though. For all 730 hours, I like it.

I don't consider permadeath a requirement to be a roguelike
I do however consider consider turn based on a square grid a requirement
Unless you are playing bard mode in necrodancer none of those fucking games are roguelike

not roguelikes

Attached: is it a roguelike.png (3280x2632, 102K)

Imagine spending the time making that

I only see a spider

stop user, you're scaring me

Is the disco room near the final boss still bullshit?
>Gotta stand near these servers to hack them while sections of the floor randomly glow and damage and enemies constantly spawn in
>RNG makes 4/5 of the room glow draining your health instantly

Might be local only but wizard of legend is really fun and chaotic with friends. Of all the roguelites I've played it has the most fun combat. It's like a wizard version of God Hand.

I remember looking into that one, but I think it was 2 player max?

look at this nigger

Rogue Legacy is pretty nice

That might be true, I've only ever tried playing it with one other person.

update wen

Attached: 1539457586306.png (1024x768, 533K)

Isaac
RoR
Streets of Rogue looks pretty good and it's fairly new
Wizards of Legend is kinda alright
Vagante is dope as fuck

>AHCKSHWUALEE

>no dungeons of dredmor

Uh where are the roguelikes? I only see roguelites here

I just want a normal fucking dungeon crawler with no stupid fucking indie gimmicks. I got Etrian Mystery Dungeon but even then you have to build and manage forts. I just want to be a guy or four guys swording and magicking through randomly generated dungeons.

Repeating something but typing it like a retard doesn't make it wrong.

for me it is IVAN

>imagine being this anal about genre names
I bet you are also the same niggers who get offended at Metroidvania. Grow up, faggots.

Let me solve this for all you retards right quick;

Roguelike: what this faggot said

Roguelite: The kind of games OP mentioned.

It's one fucking letter, take the dildo out of your asses.

I meant this faggot NOT this one. **

Smash isn't a fighting game.

i think a roguelike has to be turnbased
but then again every game can be turn based, you have 60 turns per second and can choose to do what you want or skip your turn
necrodancer is 2-3 turns per sec and i dont think its a roguelike
my definition is turnbased with infinite time per turn, randomly generated, permadeath