Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: IMG_7657.jpg (600x600, 114K)

1 > 2 > 3

retarded anime garbage

based

V3 > 1 > 2 > UDG > Eating your own shit > 3

would someone who liked 999 enjoy these "games"?
in other words, how much gameplay is there in these vns?

Minigames in trial

I got through the first trial, I disliked the game so I quit. Not sure if or when I will try it again.

based. the formula worked best when you knew absolutely nothing about the circumstances

Are they similar to Ace Attorney?

haha no switch port

>bought pic related forever ago
>didn’t play the first but was going to and wanted to get a lock on the LE
>people on Yea Forums spoiler for me who both the killers are in both games
>now I will certainly never play it and this thing is collecting dust

Based

Attached: CF4669B1-A3AB-493B-B8CA-5C46637BAE41.jpg (500x385, 58K)

Never understood what so good about this franchise. Comical and kinda retarded art plus a plethora of not so interesting puzzles.
Just my two cents.

dangan is kind of awful but still worth it. the minigames are garbage, the characters are mostly all one-note tropes but the cases can be fun to solve and the overarching plots are sometimes enjoyable

I like all three games equally, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Attached: Danganronpa_V3_Bonus_Mode_Himiko_Yumeno_Sprite_(4).png (974x1200, 877K)

Just play it

>Visual novel segments where you interact with the characters, get introduced, locations and items related to the murder and motives gets introduced etc.
>Somebody dies
>Investigation mode where you click on stuff to collect evidence
>Class Trial starts where they have to figure out who the killer is. This is the "gameplay" segment with fully voiced dialogue and different minigames for providing evidence and drawing conclusions. For example the characters will have an argument and some words are highlighted. You must then select the correct piece of evidence and shoot that specific word to contradict the statement before the trial moves on.
>Killer gets executed and you move on to the next chapter where the cycle repeats itself
Its pretty fun and the class trials are often pretty long (couple of hours) so with the small gameplay elements within it and the whole "figure out who dunnit" thing going on, i'd say that there's plenty of interactivity in the game. There's even a homage to zero escape in the 2nd game with an escape room.

>not generic looking anime art
>it's shit
every time

2-5 > the rest of the series in it's entirety. The only reason people pretend to care about this shit is for that one case.

>not going in chronological order
Perturbed

I'll tell you right now that the first game is gonna make you want to ragequit. I was in the same boat where I discovered Zero Escape before Danganronpa. So I went into Danganronpa expecting zero escape quality writing. It was all going well until the final trial. The overall "why" was so infuriatingly mundane that I almost quit the series right there. Yet, the damndest thing is that I register the series as garbage in terms of writing, but I kept coming back for each installment.

Zero Escape is still tops for me, especially VLR. However, DR has an unusual appeal to it that will keep calling you back. I'm simultaneously relieved and sad that both series are done.

Attached: santa siggy.png (495x1641, 697K)

Cumaru Naegi is in love with her brother!

Attached: 1564785141601.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

>I'm simultaneously relieved and sad that both series are done
yeah agreed. not sure about ZE but Dangan was out of steam. glad that it ended before going to shit completely

I love my gorgeous wife!

Attached: Mahiru (82).jpg (1297x1351, 118K)

2>>>v3>DR2 perfected DR1 formula, and v3 while feeling like a rehash, well so does 2, at least had better cases.
It boggles my mind that they reused the same cases structure 3 fucking times in a row and thought it would be fucking clever.

Attached: dogphone.jpg (1024x1024, 122K)

ZE managed to go out with a massive hail mary fart for me. I still hate ZTD with a burning passion. To this day it is the biggest hype crusher and disappointment I have ever experienced. The future of ZE beyond that point was a world where no one would die because literally everyone could shift to an alternate timeline. Not to mention that sigma's team was stuck in a paradox loop.

I'm very very skeptical about AI Somnium, ZTD being his last game does not fill me with confidence in his story telling ability.

I liked 1
I endured 2
Never played V3, but if fans of the franchise hate it its not a good sign

>To this day it is the biggest hype crusher and disappointment I have ever experienced
KH3 beat it out for me, but yeah ZTD was an utter fucking embarrassment. I can't even imagine how the people who played 999 and VLR at release felt.

>Kaede on the cover

reeeeeeeee

First of all, who gives a shit what fans think, stop being a sheep.
Second, they don't even hate it. Just a bunch of brainlets screaming over things they didn't fully understand. All tangible things (sales, fanart, etc.) point to V3 being plenty liked.

I liked the first game, though it definitely wasn't perfect. I don't think it needed sequels, and I really dislike the direction they went in with the overarching plot.

In retrospect, it's kind of amazing how great the ending of V3 was in terms of concluding a franchise.
Name any other franchise that ended on such a fitting note. Usually they either far outstay their welcome with sequel after sequel or they end prematurely or with some non-conclusion.

They don't want to spoil it

2 >>> 1 >>>>>> Despair Girls >>> 3

2 was honestly one of the best vidya experiences ever. Love that game.

I get that. There's definately value in being a nice, self-contained story with a clean, clear start and ending. That's why I still rate the first one as highly as the others, even though characters, puzzles, minigames and pretty much everything is superior in the sequels.

But I don't think having an overarching plot on top of it all hurts, quite the opposite, generally it adds something.

>kh3
Wasn't as big a one for me, FFXV was pretty damn high too, but ZTD takes it. I didn't play 999 and VLR at launch, but I beat them two months before Uchi declared the sequel was dead in the water. The entire fanbase was crushed, so we rallied together to encourage him and convince Spike that we wanted our finale. Then by some miracle they actually listened to us and we all jizzed our pants. We celebrated for over a year, coming up with theories and eating up every bit of info. Then the game came out and we were met with crushing disappointment. Years of hype, years of anticipation were met with a lackluster fart that couldn't hold a candle to it's predecessors.

But it's definitely funny you posted KH3, Square is on my list too. I wholeheartedly expect them to fuck up FFVIIR somehow.

It was pretty insane, just like Kodaka.

What have you done in the name of hope today Yea Forums? You're not a normalfag trash are you?

Attached: 1563230029883.png (615x609, 729K)

Who's your favourite Danganronpa?

Attached: 070ea30b6db913240ba3f62909a6a95f.png (270x312, 136K)

>MGSV
>KH3
>ZTD
>V3
>FFXV
>MML3
Whats with the japs and fucking over their fanvase with long awaited installments?

>But I don't think having an overarching plot on top of it all hurts
It's not that. I just don't like the plot itself.

There's a reason they take so long, it's because the devs stop caring after the previous entry so they don't actually put effort into the disappointing one.

But V3 is fantastic.

>you will never play through V3 again for the first time
it hurts

>key members step out and/or devs are out of ideas and don't care anymore
>current team not sure how to proceed so they take their sweet ass time
>game becomes "long awaited"
it's not always like this though. IE Three Houses and DMCV

You have to admit it does fuck over the series and makes another game unmakable without it being trite

It was okay, not an utter disappointment like everything else on that list, but not the best thing since sliced bread or anything.

I don't believe that. It's all up to the quality of the writing.

I think it's pretty damn good, in many respects the best in the series.

>spoiler for me who both the killers are
You mean who's the mastermind behind the game?That shit doesn't even matter just play the game.

Well what do you do with a sequel?
Do you just keep rolling with the TV show angle or do you go back to fiction land?
If you go TV the twist stinks because done it and fiction land stinks because it's fiction

>Find out the killers
Wow that means you don't even know what happens in the context
Just play the game faggot, it's fun

V3 is far better than 2

There's one good game on the left there.

1 is shit and V3 is worse.

The cosplaycat line implies not everything may have been entirely fiction afterall, so who's to say those are the only two options. I'm not a writing person and I'm going to assume neither are you, that doesn't mean a talented writer can't think of something neat.
Calling things impossible just because we/you can't imagine it is silly.

Lol no it fucking isnt
>Hajime was a much better protagonist
>Better cases
>Better characters
>Minigames didnt make me want to kill myself

>the game with the most random asspull ending is the good one
leave it to Yea Forums to make me shit on games I like just to fight the retardation

Hahahaha yeah no

What line?
The thing is it just seems hard to go into another direction at this point

>Hajime was a better progtag
>Has to get Deus ex machinaed into success at the end
>Conveniently everything goes right for no reason at all
Haha you got some shit tastes bro

I agree, v2 felt weird because a lot of the characters felt underdeveloped and the theme of friendship was super forced

>everything about Kokichi and Kaito
No it isn't.

>basing 2's ending on the garbage that was 3
The end of Hope's Peak is non-canon, it's as simple as that.

>Has to get Deus ex machinaed into success at the end
No where as big as Makoto in the first game
>Conveniently everything goes right for no reason at all
Had luck on his side

>meanwhile in v3, the "ultimate detective" was fucking retarded for the entire game except for the first case because the plot demanded it.

>V3 haters once again expose themselves as brainlets
No but seriously, the line implies the events of the Danganronpa 1-3 may not have been fictional afterall, and instead the Danganronpa show just expanded on it with fictional episode. Now this is just my speculation, but the hint is there, you can decide for yourself what you think of it.

Attached: cosplaycat.png (853x961, 1.08M)

>Those kaito workout scenes
They're amazing, they inspired me to work out more

>one throwaway line at the end means the entire game was a lie
Sounds more to me like Kodaka is a hack and couldn't be arsed to actually write an ending so he threw some shit at a wall and said "you figure it out".

It should make sense in it's own context before being compared
Just because video games are fiction doesn't give them a pass to have arbitrary bullshit happen that makes no sense

>What aboutism
I didn't say shit about the first game and just because thing is worse doesn't make other thing better
How is he retarded in every case?

The simplest explanation is that V3 is a separate universe. Which is what they initially pitched the game as when it was first announced.

No, it doesn't mean that, brainlet.

Is AI Somnium files going to be based?

>Getting this mad at me for asking about a line
Sorry man
>That line
Okay a little line is supposed to imply that everything she said before was a lie? You know you can copycat something that isn't real right?
Ontop of that, if the fiction was real, then the TV show wouldn't exist because people wouldn't allow a show that's based off of something worse than the Holocaust times 11 to happen 53 times

It looks miles better than ZTD, I have a good feeling that Uchikoshi will redeem himself.

>It should make sense in it's own context
It does though.

Then explain your reasoning instead of just spouting memes.

How do you know what they first pitched? If you mean the pitch to the public, the entire "New Danganronpa" angle was a deception.

It doesn't mean everything is a lie, it implies that the first two titles (and DR3 I guess) may not be entirely fiction.
Also I don't think a society that enjoys a show where people actually kill each other would have high moral standards in regards to exploiting the Junkolocaust.

>it implies that the first two titles (and DR3 I guess) may not be entirely fiction.
So... it implies that Tsumugi lied about everything.

I'd say both are on the same caliber, story and character wise. The rest is a matter of personal preference.

>the entire "New Danganronpa" angle was a deception.
Or maybe it wasn't. We don't know, and we never will, because the series is fucking dead and the lead devs all left to make their own studio.

No, there's a difference between "everything" and "just the first 2/3 entries, maybe". And it's an important destinction because the entire climax is built on ending the fictitious show.

1 > 2 > UD >>>>>>>>>>>> 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> V3

What stops that whole list of entries after 3 from being horseshit Tsumugi made up? We have no proof they exist beyond her word.

>Play DR1
>Predict each and every trial including the suicide and the fatman, goth gf trial
>most of the characters are shitty no personality twats, Kyoko is the only interesting character left alive in the post game, Asahina is a retard, Weedman is an even bigger retard, Byakuya too becomes a retard at the end of the game
>shitty villain
>shitty art
>the two best characters die
>game takes a fat steamy shit all over Taka before killing him

Only good things about DR1 were some of the tracks, Taka and Sakura
DR2 also killed off its most interesting characters like Gundham and Mahiro, at least Nagito gets his spotlight.
DR2 reuses way too many tracks and I predicted the VR tweeest twenty minutes into the game.
DRV3 is the best in the series purely because it shits all over the franchise and its braindead fanbase.

Some of my favourite games ever.

Fuck it I'm gonna dig out my Vita and play through the second while reading this thread.

The ending of V3 was objectively good and the only real way they could have ended the franchise.

>Kyoko
>interesting
Lol.

I know, it's a fucking stretch.
But I had to trick myself into caring about one of the lategame characters at least.

Well at the very end we see a shot from outside the dome, showing the school was in fact some sort of stage or set, so it's safe to assume the show does in fact exist and going from there you can assume the previous shows exist.

Cover should've been hero and heroine, Hajime/Chiaki, Naegi/Kirigiri, Kaede/Shuichi

Attached: c840fc3c34641524850883192e7f7464.jpg (300x898, 211K)

Dude, I read through a fan translation walkthrough of both games before they were even localised and still enjoyed playing them years later. There's more to Danganronpa than its killers.

>hajiname
The world's best pairing still gets me to this day. Kodaka crushed me not once, but twice. Granted the anime ruined the tragic love story. Nothing hits harder than realizing.
>Everyone is still alive
>Except your waifu
>because she never exited in the first place

2 is the best.
V3 is good too, but there's an amazingly large number of people too fucking stupid to understand the ending. It reminds me of Umineko no Naku Koro ni, where some people just couldn't fucking wrap their head around The Golden Truth, which is mechanically similar to V3's ending.

Kaede was the only thing making the game a scant memorable instead of being a (deliberately) uninspired franchise-milking cash-in, which it devolves to anyways in the second chapter

V3 made me feel the biggest feels so it's the best.
Also I thought the idea of rejecting hope to end the series was clever.

what a fucking retard

bbbased

I've played all 4 games and enjoyed them. I imagine they're planning a fifth but I hope they introduce some new gameplay elements as it has gotten pretty stale for me after V3.

Also fuck the anime.

DR1 was acceptable but feels kind of bootleg and wonky
Not amazing by any means, but I enjoyed it well enough

DR2 is garbage. The court minigames are all significantly worse than before, like actually how the fuck did they accomplish this
The cast is even more one-dimensional and repetitive than the first game, including Hopeman who is one of the most insufferable fictional characters I've ever seen
Story went batshit and the ending was a complete asspull

I did not play DRV3

>at least Nagito gets his spotlight.
That was the worst part of the fucking game
I hated every second Nagito was on screen

Yeah, the game seemed to peak in Chapter 1, honestly.

ah, fellow men of culture

Why's that?