The future of the Xeno franchise

>rpg made by a first-party studio owned by nintendo, the most recognizable and iconic video game developer in the world
>a flagship nintendo title, its predecessors being exclusive to the wii and wii u
>the first major new rpg release for the switch since its launch
>hyped up and marketed out the ass
>has all the trappings of triple-a games like action combat, open world, quest markers, etc. all in an attempt to gain mass market appeal and appeal to the lowest common denominator possible
>high production values and hours of cinematic cutscenes
>The game sold nearly 98,000 copies in its first week in Japan, and 168,000 after a month. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoblade_Chronicles_2#Sales

Compare that to another rpg that released around the same time:
>niche rpg made by a small developer
>prior games sold so poorly that the company nearly went bankrupt and needed kickstarter to fund their games
>launched in an oversaturated steam market where new rpgs release every day
>little to no marketing or attention from the press
>has tactical turn-based combat, the most niche and unpopular gameplay system an rpg could have
>cheap isometric graphics, couldn't even afford real cutscenes
>A month after release, the game sold over 700,000 copies Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinity:_Original_Sin_II#Reception

This is just sad.

Attached: cfa015a6cbb1ad1f6e11fede2843515a.jpg (921x518, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472737381
youtube.com/watch?v=EoJILhgszHk
arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/
monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/
monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/production02/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJHdRDvPCw
youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8RRw7iK6s
youtube.com/watch?v=kc-u936MOB4
youtube.com/watch?v=C-eipdzpv74
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't see why they went full weeb with Xenoblade 2.

What's the purpose of this thread?

Minge

Attached: 14B9AB6A-94EA-4203-9283-B13BC4B98636.png (4000x2700, 1.64M)

>being this anally devastated that some xenofags retaliated against you in the JRPG thread
WRPGfags really are a special bunch.

Attached: 1417387269148.jpg (300x222, 11K)

>best selling game in the XENO series
>sold better than Gears, Saga Episode 1, 2 or 3, Xenoblade 1 or X
>sold at full price
>some other game sold a lot of copies for $5
>this is just sad

>Divinity Original Sin 2 is niche

What the hell am I reading?

>Comparing japanese only sales with worldwide sales.
>Completely ignoring that xbc2 sold 1 million in a month worldwide.
You are just a shitposter.

XBC2 lifetime sold more than DOS2 though

and install bases matter

you forgot
>comparing divinity world wide sales to xenoblade 2 japan only sales (over 1million worldwide in first month)

>some other game sold a lot of copies for $5
So let me get this straight: the developers of Divinity Original Sin 2 release their new game, see that it is selling like gangbusters and decide to lower the price to 5 bucks less than a month after release?

Were you so traumatized by XBC2's flop that you lost basic brain functions?

Attached: 1542575193664.png (379x631, 502K)

It's not even better than Xenosaga 3 or Xenogears.
It only serves as a reminder of how far the series has fallen.

Attached: 5105926719_abeef6854b_o.png (960x720, 774K)

Yeah, it's a shame that 2 is so much worse than X, the best Xeno game.

The faggot is only taking xbc2 japanese only sales during the first month and comparing them to the first month WORLDWIDE sales of that other game. He also completely ignores that XBC2 sold one million worldwide in one month.

>game that has had 40% off deals has failed to beat the sales of Xenoblade 2 was "selling like gangbusters"
lol

>after failing to make an argument that it had flopped in sales he tries to cause infighting in the series
>after all the infighting from Gears vs Saga
Fucking casuals.

Attached: anime1.jpg (448x347, 23K)

Youre on crack to think Xenosaga 3 is anywhere near as good quality as the Xenoblades or Xenogears

>xenoblade goes full weeb
The series is fucked beyond repair
Time to restart again with xenosol

Xenogears was really bad, i remember being mad as fuck that i bought an unfinished game.
They deserved whatever happened

Stop false flagging.

Attached: 1449858986050.jpg (1280x720, 400K)

>game that has had 40% off deals has failed to beat the sales of Xenoblade 2 was "selling like gangbusters"
You have yet to post evidence of it being discounted within a month after release.

Xeno's always been full weeb excluding Xenoblade 1. What are you smoking?

>over 1million worldwide in first month
Source?

As much as I liked Xenoblade 1, X and 2, I really hope we get another Xeno set in space again rather than fantasy or alien worlds.

Attached: xenoblade 2 what i pretty much got.jpg (1100x500, 208K)

literally the exact same article that OP used as a source for its first month sales in japan

Spoken by someone that never played X3.
XB2 is worse in terms of narrative, gameplay, setting, script, everything. It's almost the perfect example of how not to do a JRPG.

Xenoblade 1 was better than 2.

>resorting to lying and false flagging

Attached: suzuno (bookshelf)-2017-12-20-09be59e89e9efac85d4cee8f4bb453b9.jpg (990x1400, 796K)

Xenoblade 1 competes with Xenosaga 2 and Torna as worst Xeno game.

You're insane.

XB2 devolves into cringe anime shit writing and structure with a convoluted and unfocused combat system and a story that comes across as it was ripped straight out of Naruto.

Torna should have stayed as a chapter of the base game. The filler hurt it.

Calling Xenoblade 1 "worst" is stretching it. It's just the least interesting and least ambitious. It's the most polished and complete Xeno game by a mile though.

Because it is easier, faster and cheaper to focus on anime waifus than making an actual good game. Animefags have literally 0 standards and will throw money and praise anything thats got anime tits in it regardless of game quality.

Just in case you are wondering why this thread exists

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/472737381

>devolves into cringe anime shit writing
Well meme'd.
5 seconds of an optional cutscene really ruins the whole game.

Do XC2 fans actually think anyone believes that pic?

I think the entirety of chapter 4 is a bit more than 5 seconds, user.

Have you played X3? all it has gouming for it is the narrative.

>Gameplay
Are you fucking serious? the game pratically plays itself. Theres no intresting unique builds you do, and you essentially just buy the newest weapons in between cutscenes. The game is as linear as FFXIII

I have no idea how a game with Giant mechs be so boring to play. Hell, the boring on foot battles somehow were more fun than the shitty mech battles

That Xenoblade 2, and all Xenoblade games, cover Leibniz's monadology? Yes, it's what the games are based off.

This x100
XB2 was already missed potential: the game to me and yet Torna was somehow even worse at that. It clearly wasn't meant to be anything more than a short segment originally and the way they stretched the content was really crappy.

Xeno's always been """cringe""" anime shit writing.

>and a story that comes across as it was ripped straight out of Naruto
You're absolutely insane. If anything Xenoblade 2's story was a cross between Future Boy Conan and Galaxy Express 999 but with Xeno's typical Gainax worship mixed in.

Dude, I played XC2, but pretending we play it for anything more than the gatcha-lite anime tiddy harem simulator is just kind of sad. Just own it.

I find it really amusing when someone that's played maybe twenty hours of Xenoblade 1 comes in and complains how XB2 is this uncalled for descent into weebery for the franchise. Only thing that's really changed is that it's leaning more into shonen influences than /m/ this time around because they wanted to go for a different tone and recall some of the stuff they grew up with.
t. someone that would happily have a Pyra, Mythra or Pneuma up on the shelf next to their Fei and Elly if they weren't like $400 a pop
The Fei and Elly figures are a little pricey but great. Fei comes with a can of s*ylent system food.

>Dude, I played XC2
Doesn't sound like it desu

Ugh, Xenoblade has such a hideous artstyle.

>it's another "XC2fags fall for the same baiting shitposters" episode
You could just like, not reply you know?

t. lying weeb

No true fan of Xeno tolerates the cringe weebshit that is XC2

I really liked XC1 so I was looking forward to XC2 but was pretty let down. It really just felt like they wanted to make a generic fantasy harem anime but got turned down, so they crammed it half assedly into the xeno setting and slapped some generic JRPG trappings on top.

>shonen influences than /m/
Well there still are plenty of /m/ references

Attached: mazingerpoppi.webm (640x360, 1.87M)

It's Xenoblade 1 secondaries who hear about how "deep" and "philosophical" Xenogears and Xenosaga are and maybe read a synopsis and think that old Xeno were mature serious masterpieces. Although they were admittedly deep and mature, they still took time to wind down and be funny and referential. Xenoblade 1 is the only Xeno game where the story is strictly serious all the way through.

>It really just felt like they wanted to make a generic fantasy harem
So you haven't played it.

Attached: hell.jpg (1200x675, 67K)

*sip*
I miss REAL Xeno. I wish we could go back 17 years ago when we had real, serious MATURE JRPG storylines which included moe jokes, magical girl transformations and tons of loli pantsu shots
*sip*
Those were the days. Zoomies don't know what they're missing.

Attached: Mahou Shoujo MOMO 2.webm (480x360, 2.8M)

Absolutely, but my point is that it was less focused on the /m/ stuff than say, XG or XBX before it.

Whatever you say, dude. Just cause it was full of "I'm 12 and this is deep" tier shit doesn't make it not even more full of painfully generic anime tropes that were tired years ago.

>Xenoblade 1 was better than 2.

I never will not be amused when people say that Xenoblade Chronicles, the game about the big-eyed teenage protagonist wielding a magic lightsaber made of friendship to battle giant mecha on a quest to eventually murder god, aided by his childhood friend (also scantly-clad robot secretly possessed by a goddess), big-busted sniper, plucky best friend, ronin samurai mentor, magical angel elf and marketable cute mascot character, is not weeby or somehow qualifies as "not that weeb" for whatever reason that involves not admitting you liked basically the most goddamn JRPG JRPG on the planet.

Attached: 1546366493097.png (491x531, 176K)

It's jarring how much momo got panty shots throughout xenosaga 1

>Just cause it was full of "I'm 12 and this is deep"

Attached: 10.jpg (1024x576, 37K)

They could take out all the gachashit and fanservice and it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all. And it'd probably improve the fanbase a lot. All that stuff accomplished was making me nearly skip a game that ended up becoming one of my favorites.
Call me a fag if you want, I don't care.

Your "arguments" and buzzwords are more tired and mindlessly overused than any of the story or character beats in this game, user. You haven't actually delivered a single substantial critique so far.

I’ve never played a xenoblade game but why the hell did they give Pyra huge tits and such a flat ass? Like I wanna play the game because the tits but then I see pics like this and I’m like ehhhh nevermind

Normalfags are easily tricked by serious business presentation and good dub voice acting

Name a Xeno game that isn't filled with generic anime tropes. There's even power of friendship in Xenogears.

I hope xb3 still has giant titties everywhere so resetera can keep reeeeing impotently into the void as the game ends up selling 4 million copies

Because the art style was somewhat respectable instead of the shit it is now and the writing was slightly less obnoxious. That's it. Nobody says it isn't weeb. Its just that the current one is so weeb as to give weeb poisoning.

I don't see why it wouldn't have giant tits since every Xeno game with 3D models does

The same reason why 99% Japanese characters have breasts and no ass.
They have no african people there.

The fanservice is fine, but the game would objectively be better without the gacha.
Nobody fucking likes it.

>Because the art style was somewhat respectable

Attached: 1552334622329.png (1559x467, 1.44M)

Oh, it's another retardera tranny triggered by boobs episode. Shulk looks amazing in Xenoblade 2.

Attached: tanaka kunihiko-2018-09-03-beed4a98a3f94f69b509d25bfaa23f59.jpg (1383x2048, 245K)

nah bro it's fine if you gimp yourself and only use the sets that give you the default armor

>weeb
Define weeb, because you don't seem to know what it means.

>because the artstyle is somewhat respectable
Xenoblade 1 literally has no dedicated character designer. That's why the characters look the way they do. The armor was designed before we even got character designs, and if the armor designs mean anything, the armor designers were probably expectign ridiculous anime looking characters too

>and the writing was slightly less obnoxious
The writing started out strong but takes a nosedive after the first visit to Prison Island and genuinely becomes insulting with everything after Zanza's revival on the Mechonis. The reverse is true for Xenoblade 2 where the writing starts out pretty bad and genuinely becomes great in the second half.

>good dub voice acting
XB never had good voice acting, unless your definition of 'good voice acting' is giving everyone a painfully forced british accent.

It's the exact same shit with more washed out colours, which was almost certainly an intended choice done to accomodate the hardware because of the textures they'd have to deal with.

Shulk literally has belt buckles pouring out of his short for fucks sake.

They soId the game for Iike a hundred bucks in Japan.

>instead of the shit it is now
The artstyle is great despite being unpolished though. The problem is the three protagonist designs and a couple rare blades which look very awkward in the 3D models. Hardly a deal breaker imo.

OK then, here.
>Terrible, cringy dialogue with worse VA work executed by characters that are personifications of anime tropes
>UI that is so cluttered and clunky it looks like it took inspiration from battleborns
>Cutscenes are stiff with that common "out of sync" feel that jrpgs often have
>Combat has never been a strong suit and still isn't
>Loaded with gatcha lite waifu grinding and object-is-an-anime-girl bullshit that's popular with animefags these days
>Obnoxious fanbase that ignores all flaws because of waifus (like most anime games these days, to be fair)
The game has great environment visuals and some pretty good music, but that's pretty much the only thing that was mediocre or worse.

nice b8

>Xenoblade 1 looks better than 2
I'm not really feeling it.

Attached: shulk.png (1045x718, 422K)

The word you're looking for isn't "weeb", but rather "trashy".

>characters that are personifications of anime tropes
Well meme'd
>Obnoxious fanbase
>they're obnoxious because they don't accept my shitposting
Wew lad

Xenoblade 1 has some amazing asset quality for the Wii but my fucking god is its actual visual design utterly shithouse. It's like the worst offcuts of a sub-par Final Fantasy at times.
That's how pricing works over there, not only do games tend to be more expensive to begin with, but there's more variation in new price depending on genre and franchise.

>people ask you to define yourself without buzzwords
>your second fucking word in your definition is "cringy"

Attached: 1454620545076.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

shulk's default armor is more pointlessly overdesigned than rex's armor, unironically. Rex's armor looks ridiculous but at least it has practical uses in the game's setting, gameplay and story.

Attached: xb2 diving suit.jpg (1280x720, 1.05M)

>Obnoxious fanbase that ignores all flaws
Define "ignoring a flaw". Do you want a reddit circlejerk where people agree with you?

Also the voice acting is the best Xeno's ever been.

Attached: Xenoblade 2 voiceactors.jpg (744x6150, 2.41M)

>trashy
That's still a buzzword

Attached: Di-p0nfVsAAtheD.jpg (803x387, 48K)

Discuss everything you want, I just want XCX port or sequel, please ;_;

Attached: xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

I wanna cum inside of Pyra

God i wish pyra was real

>personifications of anime tropes
Xenoblade 1's characters are even bigger cardboard archetypes than Xenoblade X's character's and that's saying a lot considering Xenoblade 1's cast gets more screentime than Xenoblade X's.

>we will be stranded on an alien planet again soon
Can't wait.

Attached: blackknight.png (989x687, 352K)

Sorry, she would only fuck shotas

Replace cringy with awkward then. But I'm sure you have another reason to ignore all the criticisms.

Don't know about that face.

Looks like an entirely different character if you ignore the body.

You know a significant part of the UI can be removed, right?
So your second complaint is retarded memes as well.

>Don't know about the face
To be fair, Shulk's face in artwork for the first game and his 3D model isn't spectacular either.

I'm biased though since XB2 Shulk is drawn/redesigned by Tanaka who's done character designs on most Xeno games.

Post more Xenokino

>expecting someone who hasn't played the game to know what options are and are not in the game

Attached: nagi.webm (854x480, 2.61M)

Attached: Xenoblade 2 siren.webm (747x420, 1.88M)

you know it's sad when even shovelware garbage like xenocringe 2 still runs circles around every wrpg ever made. why do wrpgfags even bother trying to defend their shit genre?

Attached: 78CBF0BD-F23C-4DF0-875F-8810218620E7.png (307x279, 116K)

>>Terrible, cringy dialogue with worse VA work executed by characters that are personifications of anime tropes
The cringy dialogue is greatly outnumbered by genuinely charming or interesting dialogue. A couple of important characters fail to grow past their tropes but most of the ones that really matter work together well with the themes and story to deliver a powerful and engaging experience.

>>UI that is so cluttered and clunky it looks like it took inspiration from battleborns
I agree that some of the UI is too big, but everything is there for a reason. Blade and arts names can be hidden which leaves a decent amount of room for you to see things.

>>Cutscenes are stiff with that common "out of sync" feel that jrpgs often have
There are around three different types of cutscenes in this game. The super stiff ones are the same as the text crawl cutscenes in XB1, but a bit more improved. The other two are either the prior one mixed with a lot more motion for cutscenes that they didn't have time/budget to fully develop, or fully animated cutscenes which are spectacular and done for the most important story scenes. XB1 had more fully animated cutscenes which meant more consistent quality, but XB2's are no joke.

>>Combat has never been a strong suit and still isn't
Combat takes about 15 hours to introduce all the mechanics, but once it does it is legit fantastic for a JRPG.

>>Loaded with gatcha lite waifu grinding and object-is-an-anime-girl bullshit that's popular with animefags these days
Completely optional, and even if you want to do it there are easy ways of getting both a good number of gacha blades or non-gacha blades.

>>Obnoxious fanbase that ignores all flaws because of waifus (like most anime games these days, to be fair)
Who cares?

>no Ghost gf

Attached: Space_Battle.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

The fully animated cutscenes in XB2 were pretty much universally fantastic, it's just a shame there weren't more of them.

They really didn't have to make Siren so fucking sexy, but they did. God bless them.

>you will never have a superweapon gf

Attached: D6nkzutU8AAJS0-.jpg (1000x1000, 145K)

Remember when Xeno was not weeb and 100% serious?

Attached: Ds8T-FfX4AEVLh2.jpg (1200x591, 77K)

>tfw no Xeno loli spinoff starring emeralda, maria, momo, lin, and poppi alpha

Are all of you total retards just starving for bait after Xfag got banned or what

One of the oldest rules of the internet is "don't feed the troll" and here you are doing exactly what it wants you to do day after day

Attached: 1534955149889.png (410x437, 328K)

Monolith likes their mecha

Attached: mecha.jpg (3024x4032, 2.3M)

>don't feed the trolls
>bumped the thread

Attached: 7.jpg (739x415, 29K)

>open world
It fucking isn't. Why do people keep parroting this?

There needs to be more Xeno crossover art.

Attached: ojgffwjyun131.jpg (850x1202, 281K)

Xenosaga III's plot did try to take itself super seriously, though. And boy was that awkward.

>bumped the thread
>implying

Attached: 1537762201240.jpg (368x512, 103K)

There's depressingly little modern art of Elly out there, which kind of surprised me considering how Elly-inspired Pyra is. Even her introduction is a gigantic callback to towards the end of Xenogears.

Attached: cute.png (294x306, 214K)

Thanks for the new reaction image

Attached: Riki is Angry.png (393x351, 171K)

Just give me an uncensored port on the Switch and they can have all my money.

I'm ready.

Attached: shioaji (siolog)-2019-04-10-a9c5f9575ce49ca92fae9929547901cd.jpg (742x1200, 156K)

If they're gonna bother doing that, then they might as well throw in the JP audio too

Attached: shutwig-2017-12-14-bc9b8830668204594837565adc8d3643.jpg (2280x1612, 672K)

The narrative was one of the things Saga 3 fucked up the most though. It tells a lot.

Attached: neg.jpg (4096x1241, 922K)

>XB2 is more weeb than XB1
>No it isn't
>Well XB1 is better than XB2
Those two details have nothing to do with each other, you mong

and yet Xenoblade 2 ended up selling 2 million worldwide, making it the highest selling Xeno game of all time, and sold better than the creators expected

>I hate anime, now let's see which Xenoblade is the best for me
youtube.com/watch?v=EoJILhgszHk

Addam Howden and Blake Ritson do their roles really well. The rest range from bad to meh, but those two knocked it out the park.

Is there eventually going to be some in-universe answer as to why ayylma's clothes look like Pneuma's and Malos's?

>Mythra being close to anyone but Rex and Pyra
This picture angers me!

These are all so good that want to believe they'll show up in a new Xeno game to help us connect the titles
>smol MG1/MG2 style Walker
>Fucking hover pylon that becomes a crab
>Ball bot that opens up to reveal laser and spindly hands
>Humanoid hover bot that can turn its body into a gun
Fuck, they're all so good and feel like they're from different eras

Shion has some sort of robo-lesbian field that makes artificial women attracted to her

Attached: suo (sndrta2n)-2017-11-30-e70e0e395ccf0023944555e7e154bcd8.jpg (1194x1174, 1.28M)

Ayylma's clothes is an intended KOS-MOS reference

But speaking on in-universe shit
>BLADE
>known as "Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator" in the Japanese version
>Logos

Attached: smug malos.gif (480x270, 1.2M)

And that makes me happy
I'm happy Takahashi and all the folks at Monolith Soft feel good about seeing their creation get so much attention

XENO MUSOU WHEN? I'm assuming we'd get a mix of Saga and Blade right? Since Gears seems to be in licensing hell.

I hope the Xeno franchise features more tall mommy heroines from here on out.

Attached: 1564616757562.gif (440x300, 1.51M)

As opposed to superior western palate buying and praising the soulless trash that the western AAA industry shits out?
There is no winning side here.

>failed to beat the sales of Xenoblade 2
But it did.

>Takahashi revealed that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has sold 1.73 million units worldwide as of March 2019.

Meanwhile, according to a Steamspy leak from june 2018:
arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

>Divinity: Original Sin 2: 1,688,895

So it took Xenoblade 2 almost an entire year to match the sales Divinity: Original Sin 2 achieved a year prior.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

Malos is such an expressive antagonist, I love it.

Attached: salyut-2012-07-04-7198cad34de07c11dcbf7c1b24c6c8ee.jpg (670x900, 362K)

Larian has more budget than Monotlith B team.
It's not even close.

Malos redemption arc in XBX2 when?

Attached: XBX Dark Knight.jpg (1685x2338, 961K)

>So it took Xenoblade 2 almost an entire year
>Dec to March
>almost an entire year
???

Get out of here Dimitri. Professor only cares about me! Edelgard!

niggerass is overrated.

>Dec to March
Can't you read? The steamspy leak happened in june, and since it takes steamspy a while to update, the sales figures must be even older than that. June 2018 to March 2019 is almost a year.

>Tetsuya has said he will return to finish Xenosaga 4-6 if he has the money
>Namco kept using KOS-MOS as their mascot for years
>now Xeno has become even more popular
Did Namco fuck up

Attached: sokorahen no hito+sokora hen no hito-2012-06-25-a5ba28bb829b6f5ca2ad6453a8c6acf4.jpg (600x888, 379K)

Malos (Dark Knight) revives Lao and they bond together and both go through a redemption arc together.

Attached: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.gif (540x286, 1.98M)

Artificial women can be incredibly dangerous, she should be careful.

Attached: 81c8bbf1bcd3e42989eaecab001ebcc0.jpg?e=1564929431&m=gqUE03QM4bNzjfpPdeXMiw.jpg (1000x1268, 929K)

Nah, Takahashi fucked up the first three games and had to start from scratch again with Soma Bringer.

I would prefer it if the Dark Knight is someone new or someone we don't expect at all. Malos needs to rest in peace, and Alvis is just too funny to be true.

Most likely he will be an expy of a Gears or Saga character.

That legitimately sounds like it has the potential to be kino but it will never happen and now I'm sad.

>implying Malos would emotionally cheat on Jin
shut up
>Articial Destiny Emancipator
So Malos is meant as some sort of anti-destiny tool?

>Takahashi fucked up the first three games and had to start from scratch again with Soma Bringer.
>soma bringer was Saga's last game she was majorly involved in
Why did you remind me

Attached: natto soup-2018-12-02-00e65923c97f85c1e0478d6bbdd16aef.jpg (750x1000, 223K)

>that smug face
faux-lolis need to back off

Attached: depo (typebaby505)-2017-09-26-73e6e3c35deb45a9a02b2b5530866abd.png (1503x1134, 879K)

>Malos gets his chance to realize his dream and be the good guy that was robbed from him and become friends with Lao and unknowingly bring both of them to the good side again.

>Malos sees parallels between Lao and Jin and that's why he revived him as a selfish wish to make things right

the potential writes itself

Hey, she's got a family to take care of. With that and the bad experiences she had working on Xenosaga, it's no surprise she's faded into the background, ut it's not like she's completely inactive.

>Why yes, I do believe the Dark Knight is the legendary Heropon Riki. Why do you ask?

Attached: chad.jpg (801x1000, 89K)

You're right, that actually would be good
Though I think Malos would have to be brought back due to conduit shenanigans. I'd like it if he was sort of a weird Conduit-Paladin who defends it against abuse from dumb humans like his dad.
I had a whole headcanon for how XB2/1 and XBX connect

>they decide to bring Saga back for Xenoblade
>half of it becomes a Gyro Zeppeli fanfic

>Why yes, I do want to sex that android. Why do you ask?

Attached: negresco-2018-10-22-9.jpg (755x1118, 239K)

The whole ending of XB2 is kino, but Malos asking Pneuma what living was like? That was unexpectedly heartbreaking. Especially when you consider that the ending song is from her perspective.

>Xenoblade X2
>Dark Knight unsheathes the Nopon Monado
How wet would you all be?

Attached: Sword_of_Legendaryness_screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>when a little pervert surpasese the architect, ancient humanity and space humanity

Attached: nke toumi-2018-05-02-8738d3e5b804f9d32ee355907fbe3293.jpg (1360x919, 285K)

Same.

Attached: 41652121_p0.jpg (1200x1350, 1001K)

>painfully forced british accent
how the fuck is it forced
it's only british because it was localized by NoE, it's not a marketing move or anything

Friendly reminder that Takahashi said that he started working on Xenoblade 2 around the same time he was writing Xenoblade X's final story.
This is to give context and more impact to the Dark Knight being Logos reveal.

You are like little baby. Watch this
>NLA
>Nia
>NlA

>Mira is actually Nia's Titan corpse in the distance future
>NLA is on Nia's minge

Attached: 1446169793968.png (447x378, 11K)

KOSMOS will be in smash! right?

I coughed up my fucking drink.

Attached: shulk pacha.png (557x605, 246K)

>And then OP leaves out the lifetime sales for some reason
Nintendo games always sell bad first week but lifetime sales are usually pretty good

thanks to this thread now i want to see a malos and lao bonding and redemption arc but it's an obvious NEVER EVER

>Dark Knight body is actually just a human-sized skell for nopon
I KNEW IT
Don't say that.
After all, Takahashi has come through in some surprising ways thus far.
But fucking a, when are we going to see that new Monolith Soft project. Are they finally going to get a full 3 year dev cycle to make a game?

>>A month after release, the game sold over 700,000 copies
>The game sold nearly 98,000 copies in its first week in Japan, and 168,000 after a month.
I don't see point to this thread.

Note the first sales you mentioned are worldwide sales.

Attached: kinogears.png (636x918, 1.03M)

Precisely.

Well, Klaus got one (kind of), Lao's still alive, and there's potentially enough wiggle room around Malos's death that Monolith could Conduit him back to life with minimal retconning if they really wanted to. It's not TOTALLY impossible, per se. Just extremely unlikely.

>klaus is a good dad and one of that last things he did without telling anyone before dying was ensuring his son gets a second chance
>is reborn on mira as punished logos
>retains his memories and personality from alrest
>is some weird conduit zohar wizard similar alvis but less powerful and not godlike
>on mira he meets his mother (a fragment on Meyneth who is Mira's God)
>is watching the whole human vs ganglion struggle from the sidelines and doesn't get involved unless something dire happens
>logos is reminded on jin when he sees lao
>revives lao in the end in the same way alvis revives shulk or pyra revives rex
>become the anti-VILLAINs of the Xenoblade X series that you constantly have to fight until you realize they're good guys or their goals align with yours
Monolith hire my lazy NEET ass.

So are all the xenos related or is each sub series it's own thing

Xenosaga was trash. 3 was just the least terrible entry.

One dude has been trying to tell a story for 30 years and keeps fucking up and swapping companies.

Pretentious garbage.

Nopons

Attached: IMG_20190803_093156.jpg (2039x1378, 198K)

holy shit look at that character design

what the fuck is she fucking wearing why the fuck would anyone go out in public is that a god damned diving suit that he's wearing is that for holding cannonballs on his back

fucking generic anime sameface looks like a dude talking to himself with another hairstyle and oversized knockers

jesus christ how bad why are there just random fucking gears on his chest plate what the fuck are you thinking this is the gayest steampunk shit i've ever seen what teh fuck

all video games are fake therefore anything they do is pretentious you stupid fucking drop out

>want to buy the Siren Kotobukiya figure
>too inept to build anything more complex than a snap build.
It's so sexy but i know if i tried to build it i'd end up wasting $200 ruining it.

have sex

They're all spiritually related but not canonically.
Xenogears and Xenosaga would actually be related but there's legal issues in the way. The plot's written where you can see the connections. Takahashi said its up to fans to decide if they're related or not.
Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade X were extremely removed from the storytelling of older Xeno but still had their throwbacks. Nothing that could seem like a connection. Xenoblade 2 on the other hand has a lot of things that could seem like connections to Xenogears and especially Xenosaga, and since Xenoblade 2 is canonically connected to Xenoblade 1 it retroactively brings Xenoblade 1 into the greater vision too.

Xenoblade X is the only Xeno left that's removed from anything but there's tiny clues that hint at connections but are so tiny it's mostly grasping at straws.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS NIGGA

Attached: CI_NSwitch_Xenoblade2_Production_Notes_01_image950w.jpg (950x672, 122K)

>is that a god damned diving suit that he's wearing
yes, actually

>needs to always wear his diving suit to not literally drown in pussy
CHAD

Why the hell did they not have it sealed most of the time? It looks ten times better when he's actually wearing it properly.

user, you know Siren is a giant robot right? I don't think getting laid would improve my ability to glue and paint the model kit.

Attached: Siren kotobukiya.jpg (367x420, 49K)

Because it would be harder to move in sealed. They explain it in-game.
Rex's armor looks retarded but it's not really overdesigned, it's one of the few JRPG protagonist armor that actually functions and has practical uses in the setting, game and story.

you think we'll see monolith's new medieval ip next year?

Attached: 22fa4edd167c7e658b4c2883ef7514ea.jpg (1920x900, 678K)

That was probably concept art for BoTW 2 since it looks like female Zelda is playable or coming along for the adventure.

Isn't that just BotW 2?

>new IP
>implying Xenohorses isn't just going to be another world connected by the Zohar.

>yes, actually

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>chad

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

IDK MAN WHAT ARE THE BELTS FOR? TIGHTENING UP THE FRONT OF YOUR SKIRT?! MAYBE THEY LET YOU DUMP ALL THE WATER OUT OF YOUR DUMBASS POOFY KNEE PANTS AFTER DIVING

AHAHAHAHAHA WHAT IS THIS GARBAGE

>overdesigned
>skirt belts
>ankle pauldrons
>knee gears

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT

>female Zelda
As opposed to male Zelda?

Attached: confused looking anime girls with interrogation marks on their heads.jpg (239x268, 26K)

>COPING this hard
LOL

COPING WITH WHAT INCEL

LMAO I STILL HAVE 60 DOLLARS AND XENO THREADS TO LAUGH AT WEEBS

I'VE ALREADY WON YOU FOOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

nobody even knows what company is behind it, the game surpassed the studio's popularity, its niche as fuck

>excluding Xenoblade 1
Did you actually play that game? It was full of weeb/anime tropes all around.
Remember when you FINALLY get to that antagonist you've been chasing all this time and then it's some shit like "power of friendship" and the antagonist makes a full 180 and decides to be one of the good bois?

There's quite a lot of scenes like that in Xenoblade 1. Not that I dislike it, though. I really loved that game and its cast, but the story definitely had a lot of typical shounen tropes, however it was paced extremely well and full of nice little twists.

>still COPING and SEETHING in all caps
LOL

Wow, that sounds impress-
>Manipulating statistics
>ommiting severe price difference
>Downplaying Lie with even more pathetic information.

This is one of the most disingenuous OPs I've ever seen? I feel dirty. Thanks for ruining my morning.

That’s pretty hot.

Recruitable Malos and Blade Nia in XCX2 then?

Attached: EFF58351-E195-442D-8AE6-20056B6AA31B.jpg (724x1024, 126K)

Oh jeez, sorry little weeaboo here's another (you).

Excuse me son, I have people just like you to laugh at for paying for this.

>I paid 60 bucks to jerk off to anime titties in the flavor-of-the-month JRPG with design and mechanics from PS2 era

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAA

>still COPING so hard
You seem angry as fuck, LOL

it's a separate page on their website from the zelda page

monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/special/

monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/production02/

the studio pops up whenever you start the game
they're developing Baldur's Gate 3 for fuck's sake

user please, how many (you)s must I give you?

>NO YOU'RE JUST MAD THAT MY GAMER LED ME TO PURCHASE THIS!!

AHAHAHAH KNEE GEARS AND SKIRT BELTS

>Gamer.

Attached: 1557967136216.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

wordfilters are fun

The last one is the shitposter, moron.

Why are you laughing
His profession requires him to wear a diving suit
He's a deep sea salvager

they are fun you gamers are right

Here is what I would love to see in Xenoblade 3.

>less cliched anime characters. That means no tsunderes or tomboys or etc.
>far less cutscenes. I couldn't stomach even half the amount of cutscenes this game had, and you'd need to throw at least 500 billion hours of gameplay at me to justify the rest. I want to PLAY the game, not watch a cinematic
>tone down the excessive use of primary colors and bloom and shiny crap
>no DLC. if you're gonna add on content, do it for free. You've got the money, don't be greedy
>let's try for a nice 60 FPS, hmm? Considering that Xenoblade isn't traditionally turn based, it hurts the game far more than, oh say, Final Fantasy
>less fanservice. The game shouldn't need titties to sell, and it's quite frankly stupid and takes me out of the game

Monolith Soft basically has infinite nintendo money to spend, so this shouldn't be hard for them to pull off.

Attached: emoji-thinking-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-3ds-fbx.jpg (500x500, 21K)

>SEETHING so hard he got wordfiltered
LOL

(you)

Alright, had a good belly laugh and I'm spent. Seeya next thread buddy.

>no tsunderes or tomboys
that's a hard sell user
>far less cutscenes
huh
>tone down the excessive use of primary colors and bloom
hmmm
>no DLC
you realize DLC is usually backed by a separate budget if it's content DLC that isn't made yet, right?
>let's try for a nice 60 FPS
that's more to do with time the team gets to optimize than anything else
>Monolith Soft basically has infinite nintendo money to spend, so this shouldn't be hard for them to pull off.
I don't know if you realize this, but a series that only sells 2 million at best isn't the franchise that gets infinite money.
If Pokemon doesn't get that kind of budget, why would they bother for Xenoblade?
It sounds like you just want a single player mmo. I guess maybe CRPGs would be up your alley?

Attached: lando smile.jpg (769x789, 100K)

>giving acfag attention
why are you doing this

>you realize DLC is usually backed by a separate budget if it's content DLC that isn't made yet, right?
Isn't Monolith being fully funded by Nintendo? They can't give us some free content despite getting 60 bucks a pop? 60 bucks should be enough to fund years of free DLC. What is this "Separate budget" nonsense?

>that's more to do with time the team gets to optimize than anything else
Then simply don't rush the next game. Just like how Metroid Prime 4 was rrebooted, Xenoblade 3 can take a little extra time for quality control.

>I don't know if you realize this, but a series that only sells 2 million at best isn't the franchise that gets infinite money.
2 million is alot considering that Nintendo gets all that money and they don't have to share it with another console publisher, and they always make heavy bank on games. I don't think they've ever sold anything at a loss since the Virtual boy, so they should have more than enough money.

>if pokemon doesn't get that kind of budget
That's because they never need it. They break records with PS1-level graphics, of course they wouldn't need a bigger budget. Pokemon alone could fund 100+ switch titles.

>It sounds like you just want a single player mmo.
That can be great if done well.

>>let's try for a nice 60 FPS, hmm?
don't be retarded, there's no way the switch can handle 60fps at the scale xenoblade games go for

This is the worst case of shit taste I've ever read around here in 12 years.
Zoomers, everyone

Attached: 1514929396094.jpg (300x339, 74K)

>single player MMO
>great
yeah, everyone loved Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon Age Inquisition

>they can't give us some free content
Xenoblade 2 had free DLC, the arena mode, Shulk, Fiora, Elma, and T-elos blades were Free DLC. only the torna expansion was paid.

>COPES so much he runs aways like a little bitch
LOL

So you want a Xenoblade that doesn't feel like Xenoblade?

Then scale it down.

I enjoyed playing Phantasy Star Online, even if I did it offline. And that was a gamecube game. Xenoblade could do the same.

Why couldn't Torna also be free? It just feels greedy for them to continue asking money on a full priced game.

I want a JRPG that learns from its mistakes.

because Torna is practically a full game in itself

Torna's hardly basic DLC, it's a 40 hour expansion that also functions as its own standalone game.

why should developers and writers work for free? Torna is basically a prequel, and in fact i think it can be bought and played as a standalone game.

>scale it down
that's not xenoblade anymore

I really want to know how you can defend a game that's cringier than Kingdom Hearts. On top of looking really bad, it has nothing going for it. Why do you people play this shit game other than muh anime titties?

>Xenoblade should stop being Xenoblade because it doesn't fit my tastes
Yeah, no.

The things that draw people to this series are hardly mistakes.
Your only objectively valid point is the 60 FPS issue but that's due to hardware limitations.

I've played indie games that did far more than Torna ever could. For example, Hollow Knight delivered 10 times the content, as did Terraria. And they did it for free, on a miniscule budget, and the latter has been doing it for 8 years. I've gotten 2000+ hours in Terraria, Torna's measly 40 hours is a little underwhelming in comparison.

As a Switch owner, I'm already paying constant fees. I have to pay for Nintendo's online, I have to pay constantly for new joycons, and now every game needs content locked behind amiibos and season passes. All I'd like is for Monolith Soft to lighten this load.

>They can't give us some free content despite getting 60 bucks a pop?
But they did, there was a lot of free post-launch content for XB2
>What is this "Separate budget" nonsense?
Well, the base game gets a certain budget based on how many units they think it will sell and what the return on it will be.
Then they estimate how many people would buy a DLC pass and allocate a smaller budget based on how much they think that will bring in.
Once they set the budget for a game, that determines how many staff will work on it for however long the dev-cycle is. Once they finish the dev-cycle, typically they'll move the entire team over to the next project or allocate the developers to help work on multiple projects.
Monolith Soft doesnt just work on XB, they also help a ton with Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Zelda (especially Zelda).
If they decide to do post-launch content, it's usually budgeted separately since it becomes a question of whether there's enough interest to warrant any vs other projects.
This is all pretty basic company organization

Hollow Knight sure as fuck didn't do it for free

The future is beautiful

Attached: 1550454053133.jpg (2604x1040, 798K)

>Why couldn't Torna also be free? It just feels greedy for them to continue asking money on a full priced game.
Because Torna is basically it's own game? So it's like asking why you can't get the sequel or spinoff of a game just because you bought the original?
People like to get paid for the work they put in

Shouldn't Xenoblade be about the gameplay? Scaling it back graphically shouldn't hurt it. Graphics aren't important, after all.

>The things that draw people to this series are hardly mistakes.
What draws people to Xenoblade? Isn't it the actual gameplay itself? Changing anything else should be seen as a minor issue, as long as the game remains unchanged, or improves.

Imagine the smell

Attached: 3E4A69B7-787E-4F8C-A0D5-4D0BEBC9FCF5.jpg (1024x768, 176K)

So fuck off then and stick to dwarf fortress if you only care about direct time/value comparisons. Actual devs expect to be paid for their work, and making content for full scale 3d games is a lot more expensive than your favorite 2d indie sidescrollers.

No, ACfag.
Stop being a tranny.
If you don't like it, play something else.

>Hollow Knight
>Terraria
>Shouldn't Xenoblade be about the gameplay? Scaling it back graphically shouldn't hurt it. Graphics aren't important, after all.

This guy is either ACfag or one of his parrots. Ignore and move on.

>But they did, there was a lot of free post-launch content for XB2
Except for the stuff that actually mattered ala Torna.

>separate budget
They're essentially getting their hands in multiple cookie jars. They get a little zelda money, splatoon money, AC money, so they can't give us Torna for free? How much money do they want to squeeze out of me?

>People like to get paid for the work they put in
If they truly had a passion for their game, they would do it for free and be thankful for the opportunity. ESPECIALLY if it's a 60 dollar game.

>Shouldn't Xenoblade be about the gameplay
no, Xenoblade is about a story steeped in gnostic themes being told by someone from a culture where those themes are inherently foreign. gameplay is just a device used to pace the story and add replay value.

The focus of Xeno games have always been the stories and characters. The only exception to this rule is Xenoblade X.
Xeno's legacy for the first 10 years of its existence was some of the most ambitious stories in the entire JRPG genre even if the game itself suffered. Having a good story, or being extremely story-driven is the expectation for the entire series.

>If they truly had a passion for their game, they would do it for free and be thankful for the opportunity
oh yes i'm sure they'd love starving to death with the knowledge that they had the opportunity to entertain you.

This is wrong, Xenoblade from the start was an endeavour to balance gameplay and story after the mess that was Xenosaga.

>the arena mode, Shulk, Fiora, Elma, and T-elos blades were Free DLC
Only one of those things was free, the rest are a part of the expansion pass.

If you actually cared so much about the game, why aren't you willing to pay for it?

>Actual devs expect to be paid for their work, and making content for full scale 3d games is a lot more expensive than your favorite 2d indie sidescrollers.
This would be a good lesson for them to budget appropriately. Xeno games don't need voice acting for example, so cutting that out would be a boon on the budget. On the plus side, it would also put to rest any arguments over subs vs dubs. And that money being saved will add up, as you don't have to constantly hire new voice actors for each region.

Of course that's just one avenue they could cut back in. There's quite a few more, like in the graphics department. Take a note from OctoPath Traveler and embrace a lower graphics budget.

even Xenoblade X still had a major character focus, it just went lighter on the "main story".

>Xenoblade 3 can take a little extra time for quality control.
Well that's what everyone is thinking is happening.
XB2 got pushed out mostly to hit within 2017
>2 million is alot considering that Nintendo gets all that money and they don't have to share it with another console publisher, and they always make heavy bank on games. I don't think they've ever sold anything at a loss since the Virtual boy, so they should have more than enough money.
Sure but they still allocate budget based on how many units they think something will sell, as well as how much of advertising budget it will need.
Also, physical copy sales aren't pure profit for Nintendo, they still have to split it with the retailer.
The point I'm making is that they have to weigh risk and reward.
Pouring a $1 billion into a genre of game that would sell 500k units at best would be a bad decision for them. JRPGs don't generally sell that well.
If you look at how the previous Xenoblade games sold (800k copies), you can kind of take a super rough guess at how much Nintendo though XB2 would sell and how much of a budget they gave it (under $40 million, so as to make a healthy profit from it).
>That's because they never need it. They break records with PS1-level graphics, of course they wouldn't need a bigger budget. Pokemon alone could fund 100+ switch titles.
That's kind of my point
Nintendo isn't going to pour excess money where they don't think it'll make a huge difference. Xenoblade games have always been made a pretty modest budgets, so there's not really any impetus for Nintendo to amp it up beyond what's needed
>That can be great if done well.
I know, I beat the .hack IMOQ quadrilogy after all
Never played GU tho

No. Really?

>massively butcher the game so one autistic fuck can play it for free
LOL, are you really this retarded?
Never cater to people who want stuff cheap.

Well, I'd say 2 million sales, at 60 dollars a piece, will net them quite a hefty payday. Even if Nintendo takes a little of that, the big N is also handling the difficult aspects like marketing and distribution, so they're still making a big payday. Again I point you to various indie devs who made due with even less and are basically swimming in money, all because their games had a more frugal focus. less flair and smoke and mirrors meant that they weren't spending so much. It's why pixelshit is so profitable in the first place.

You can have a good story without excessive cutscenes. Nintendo themselves have repeatedly set the benchmark on how to implement narrative without massive amounts of talking and CGI cutscenes. Off the top of my head I can list quite a few moments in Xenoblade that just aren't necessary to progress the plot, and essentially exist as filler. If you were to cut them out, the story wouldn't suffer in the slightest.

I am willing to pay for it. But I also feel ripped off that it's so pricey.

>Except for the stuff that actually mattered ala Torna.
I dunno, Getting Torna (the villains) as Rare Blades mattered a fair bit to me, added a healthy amount of value
>They're essentially getting their hands in multiple cookie jars. They get a little zelda money, splatoon money, AC money, so they can't give us Torna for free? How much money do they want to squeeze out of me?
Except that's not how it works.
Monolith Soft doesn't get complete freedom over what they work on. Nintendo chooses to allocate their resources where they think it's most helpful to the company on the whole.
Monolith Soft doesn't actually keep that much money that it makes, it's a subsidiary of Nintendo.
Hence, Nintendo ultimately makes the decision over whether or not a game gets DLC, and if they're going to invest company resources into something that substantial and in excess to the base-game, they're likely going to want to see a return on that time and man-power spent. Hence why it costs money.
>If they truly had a passion for their game, they would do it for free and be thankful for the opportunity. ESPECIALLY if it's a 60 dollar game.
Passion for their game doesn't feed their family
>ESPECIALLY if it's a 60 dollar game.
The price point of the game doesn't really have that much relation to whether the game breaks even and the company is successful.
Here's the question: do you feel like you got less than $60 worth of a game in XB2?

>But I also feel ripped off that it's so pricey.
SO you're not willing to pay for it.

>Off the top of my head I can list quite a few moments in Xenoblade that just aren't necessary to progress the plot, and essentially exist as filler.
List em then.

Friendly reminder to never argue with ACfag. Just tell him to buy a noose and get on with your day.

What, you're surprised that a pathological narcissist that only plays TF2 and Terraria and watches literally every other game he shitposts about on YouTube doesn't want to pay for them?

Xenoblade isn't weeb enough though. I hope my man Takahashi goes all out like he already did, next time.

Attached: Mahou Shoujo MOMO 1.webm (480x360, 2.71M)

He's trying a different approach this time, it's pretty interesting.

>Even if Nintendo takes a little of that
They take most of it, then re-allocate resources to Monolith Soft to grow in number of employees and office space.
>Again I point you to various indie devs who made due with even less and are basically swimming in money, all because their games had a more frugal focus
True, but in those situations those devs have no other obligations. The profit from their game has given them the space and time to make what they want because they aren't being asked to help bank-roll another division's game or help on development of another project.
You're comparing Monolith Soft, a subsidiary of a major company with multiple parallel projects going on to a small indie with no obligations to anybody in any shape or form.
The fundamental professional environments are different

>The point I'm making is that they have to weigh risk and reward.
Other companies do, but Nintendo never has to. Any risk they ever take will instantly be repaid by their various other income streams. As I said before, even the lowest selling pokemon games were enough to fund their entire company for years. It was estimated that Nintendo's warchest will last them 100+ years (and this is assuming that they make no profit at any point during those 100 years). Nintendo can afford to take a little risk, but they choose not to because they know it's easy money. And this being a capitalist system, I'm not gonna hate them for it, but as a customer I will be disappointed.

>Nintendo isn't going to pour excess money where they don't think it'll make a huge difference.
That in particular is where I'm disappointed. Even Valve experiments despite having failure after failure like Shartifact or DOTA chess. When you have all that money, why not experiment?

>LOL, are you really this retarded?
Butcher? That's kind of harsh. Would removing voice acting really butcher the game?

>I dunno, Getting Torna (the villains) as Rare Blades mattered a fair bit to me, added a healthy amount of value
this doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand, but fuck I'm still pissed that we got cucked out of getting Jin and Malos as NG+ blades

Attached: notWeltall.webm (747x420, 1.01M)

I'm surprised he hasn't started ranting that people only like the game for the girls and claiming this thread is literally all waifuposting

>I dunno, Getting Torna (the villains) as Rare Blades mattered a fair bit to me, added a healthy amount of value
It wasn't enough for me IMO. Nintendo basically wants me paying full price on content that I'm suspicious of them cutting out before hand. And then I'm supposed to thank them for it. Just like the master mode in zelda. I have to shake my head.

>Hence, Nintendo ultimately makes the decision over whether or not a game gets DLC,
So they share the blame. Monolith isn't entirely at fault then. Still, it does show their priorities which aren't flattering.

>Passion for their game doesn't feed their family
The billions they made beforehand will feed their family for years. Plus, it's not exactly my problem. I'm a customer who wants a better deal, I shouldn't be making compromises because the corporation has feelings. When you start humanizing the corporate machine, you end up excusing their bad behavior.

>Here's the question: do you feel like you got less than $60 worth of a game in XB2?
Honestly, yes. Half the time was spent watching cutscenes and reading dialogue. I felt like it was a visual novel at points.

>'m a customer who wants a better deal, I shouldn't be making compromises because the corporation has feelings.
No, you're just a greedy nigger who wants stuff for free.

>we got cucked out of getting Jin and Malo
Hold on user
we'll get them in XBX2!
;_;

I'm not willing to pay for low effort.

List them you say? Alright, let me find some of my favorites.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJHdRDvPCw
youtube.com/watch?v=Uf8RRw7iK6s
youtube.com/watch?v=kc-u936MOB4
youtube.com/watch?v=C-eipdzpv74

Some common examples.

Her ass is perfect though? Are you sure you aren't mistaking her left arm as an extension of her back or something in the pic you quoted?

Attached: D17It8MVYAEMH9k.jpg orig Dat Ass.jpg (1280x720, 174K)

>Other companies do, but Nintendo never has to. Any risk they ever take will instantly be repaid by their various other income streams
Except they really don't have any
Unlike Sony or Microsoft, Nintendo is a pure video game company, their income streams are mainly limited to their games, consoles and the occasional bit of merchandise.
If they took unnecessarily large risks with excessive budgets on every game, they'd operate at a loss. They don't have other divisions to lean on like Sony does with its electronics or Microsoft does with its computers

The first one is literally a core plot point, are you retarded?

>poppi is introduced, albeit with some comedic shit
kind of neccessary
>scene of Nia seeing her wanted poster, making it clear that she and the gang are hunted by Mor Ardain
Kind of important for that point in the story

>Honestly, yes. Half the time was spent watching cutscenes and reading dialogue. I felt like it was a visual novel at points.
Then I really don't know what to tell you other than that JRPGs as an entire genre probably aren't for you, you should stick to CRPGs and WRPGs, and maybe just not play RPGs entirely because storytelling is usually a pretty big focus in them

>They take most of it, then re-allocate resources to Monolith Soft to grow in number of employees and office space.
Still sounds like they're doing good. I don't see how they would be unable to feed their families.

>True, but in those situations those devs have no other obligations.
Which is balanced out by them having no money period. These guys don't have major publishers funding them or providing them infrastructure. I know Re-Logic in particular was just 5-6 people working outside of an apartment building on a windows 98 laptop. Seeing what they can accomplish, It's just baffling why Nintendo can't bankroll the Torna DLC for free and pay Monolith for doing it, without asking money. Considering how much they ask for every single day in the form of online subscription fees and content locked behind amiibos, it would be a nice show of respect to their customers.

>No, you're just a greedy nigger who wants stuff for free.
I compare it to games that give me even more playtime, at lower prices. What's the excuse for them?

A JRPG vs games that are literally make your own fun.
Yes, you're just a greedy nigger.

I really don't understand the "JRPG aesthetic". The ridiculous armor and costumes, the sci-fi fantasy hodgepodge, the whole chuunibyou aspect of it. Why do people think it looks cool?

Attached: 1564608776049.jpg (1024x683, 371K)

>Xenoblade 2 launched Dec 2018
>figures for 1.7mil given in March 2019
You want to try that again?

>Except they really don't have any
user, if that wasn't true, they wouldn't literally have enough money to start their own theme park, which I'm sure will generate pokemon-levels of money on its own. Sony and Microsoft combined don't have that kind of monetary assurance.

Do those scenes need to be that long, and accentuated with flat, dull humor? In the Poppi scene they basically stand around and do nothing for 3 minutes. Does the plot dictate that we have the pacing of a family guy episode? If this is important for the story, how about they put a little pep in their step?

I think that's a pity because I always knew Nintendo as the outlier who innovated everything they touched. If they can turn Zelda into a successful open world game, why can't they make a non-story heavy JRPG? They even did it with Mario 3 separate times in 3 separate series, whether it was their collab with square, them playing with paper cutouts, or Mario and Luigi just bro-ing it up. That's 3 for 3.

"People" don't think it looks cool, in fact this game's look is rather divisive. JRPGs like this are pretty niche these days, at least compared to other games.

I'm just saiyan. Other games have given me phenominal deals with no strings attached. In comparison, Xenoblade just fell short.

XB2 was December 2017, not 2018.

If Xenoblade 1 was full weeb, then Xenoblade 2 is overdrive maximum beyond infinity weeb.

Hollow Knight is shorter than XC2, and one is literally "make your own fun".
Those are some extreme strings attached.

Xenoblade 2 sold 1,73 million copies and, it's still selling. That's a lot and a record for the franchise

You exaggerate. It was a three-nopon family of perverts building on each other's ideas.

It's any JRPG since Final Fantasy X, really. And even then, having a dress made entirely of belts was at least funny.

Attached: ff10_6.jpg (500x688, 159K)

Extreme strings? What they did was so easily to emulate:

>cut back on voice acting
>cut back on graphical load
>cut back on mocap CGI cinematics

That is money in the bank, time on the clock saved, and optimization up the wazoo. And if you ask me, Xenoblade wouldn't suffer if it cut back on these elements. After all, I've never played a JRPG for the voice acting. Infact I just put it on mute and skip the cutscenes if possible. I'm there for the gameplay.

>If they can turn Zelda into a successful open world game, why can't they make a non-story heavy JRPG?
Because the oldest Zelda titles were attempts at open-world games, BOTW is just a more fully realized incarnation of that.
But RPGs are fundamentally about story. Other games may use RPG elements, but ultimately what RPGs are are games where you start with a fully developed story and work backwards from there to adapt story elements into gameplay mechanics to express things like character progress or development as systems.
>whether it was their collab with square, them playing with paper cutouts, or Mario and Luigi just bro-ing it up
All of those games were story-heavy games, what are you talking about? The story may have been fanciful but they were still games centered around stories.
Super Mario RPG is absolutely about the story of the characters and their struggle, Paper Mario 64 and TTYD are both incredibly story centric with fully developed mini-arcs for each star you acquire, and Mario and Luigi games have a solid amount fo story, it's just goofy most of the time

>more extreme strings
LOL, butchering a game for your own autism.
Maybe the genre just isn't for you, retard?
Be a tranny somewhere else.

Doug, have you even played any JRPGs at all?

Not really. Some of the cutscenes in Xenoblade 1 are the most chuuni and shounen in the entire Xeno series. And because Xenoblade 1's more story driven than character driven, the characters tend to be cardboard cutouts of anime archetypes excluding Melia and Riki.

>Maybe the genre just isn't for you
why dont idiots get this, its like the people who praise FF7R and claim to like FF7 although its fighting its hardest to not be FF7 or a FF game at all

>But RPGs are fundamentally about story.
If you ask me, that's just a nostalgia holdover from the old days, much like how people defend sub-30 FPS because of that old meme that "the human eye can't see above it anyway".

>All of those games were story-heavy games
I don't know if I'd say that. There WAS story, but because it's a wacky plumber jumping on mushrooms, they can't afford spending hours on drama or wasting time with too many jokes. There's no scene where Mario has to lament his existence as Peach is skewered from behind by Bowseroth. The light tone lends itself to lighter storytelling, and it worked very well.

Again with the butchering term. Games lived without voice acting before, they can certainly survive without them now.

no, we already know this. He only watches games on Youtube.

This is sad.

They think every game should appeal to them.

This isn't like asking a Mario game to be a gritty first person. It's making objective improvements to not only the game, but the genre overall.

>It's making objective improvements to not only the game, but the genre overall.
By massively downgrading everything to appeal to a single cheap fuck.
LOL.

I like to think of it as downsizing gimmicks so the gameplay stands out better on its own pedestal.

TTYD LITERALLY has a segment where you are FORCED to read ONE HUNDRED textboxes of the EXACT SAME THING, just to progress the story

It's a fucking wonder how you manage to go for this long without getting banned despite proving time and time again you don't actually fucking play any of the games you pretend to talk about

>downgrading things literally only to make it worse
>improvement
LOL, go dilate.
That objectively just makes the games worse.
Never give anybody advice, it might kill them.

>TTYD LITERALLY has a segment where you are FORCED to read ONE HUNDRED textboxes of the EXACT SAME THING, just to progress the story
Okay, I can't defend that. But thankfully it's an exception to the story flow, instead of the norm.

>it's a fucking wonder how you manage to go for this long without getting banned despite proving time and time again you don't actually fucking play any of the games you pretend to talk about
I apologize user. That happens somewhere around or after chapter 5, and that place is a snoozefest save for the coolest boss in the game. If it was a constant, I'd understand.

It would only make it worse if it was causing some kind of degradation to the gameplay itself. Does the lack of voice acting ruin the gameplay?

>remove good thinks
>not making the games worse
LOL, how retarded are you?

>remove good things
Except I never said anything about removing the gameplay.

Attached: YMC6hSf.gif (480x287, 704K)

>still COPES hard
games are more than just gameplay, removing good things still objectively makes it worse.
How embarassing to be you, a SEETHING tranny.

Xenoblade 2 is genuinely one of the worst JRPGs I have played in my life and the biggest evidence jrpg fans are the biggest whores of this planet. They can play some shitty unbalanced game for 200 hours for the promise of one titty hidden behind lootboxes

>games are more than just gameplay
Actually they're not. Everything else is optional filler. At best, they stay out of the way. At worst, they constantly get in the way.

Those pants piss me off the most.

Attached: __hikari_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_hews_hack__d5d6474ce5967ad2ae6c6ab4c4054585.jpg (1000x1000, 148K)

>he actually pretends to be this retarded
Why?
Are you too poor to afford ears?

Retarded? I like to call it "enjoying video games". And nothing sours my enjoyment more than a game that feels inadequate and hides behind gimmicks.

You don't actually enjoy games.
You just dream about them being butchered every single day, so you can get them for free.

What do you mean?

>cutting back on graphics and voice acting = butchered game

I think you have some awkward priorities. Not that I'm here to judge, but....

yes you are

If I was here to judge, I would've started throwing around ad hominem or insults.

>buthcering a game = butchering a game
Yes, it's obvious to anybody not a tranny.

You still haven't explained how removing trivial elements would impact the important part of the game.

>adding good things->makes game better
>removing them makes it worse again
Are you a toddler or a tranny?
Because those are the only two groups as retarded as you?

>graphics and voice acting
>good things

Attached: 53449685b7f53cd6f9a8c3cc2b5adcb7.jpg (1016x970, 104K)

>good things aren't good if the tranny sais so!!!!!!
LOL

>things aren't good if they detract from the gameplay, inflate the budget, and result in poor optimization

Yes, that's right.

>gacha mechanics
>guest artists in charge of character design
Nintendo was testing the waters. XC3 will be full-on gachashit

>If you ask me, that's just a nostalgia holdover from the old days, much like how people defend sub-30 FPS because of that old meme that "the human eye can't see above it anyway".
No, I mean to even call a game an RPG is to say it's a game where the story is the basis for design decisions.
You don't realize that the classification of a game comes AFTER it's been made.
So a game that doesn't have a story-centric design philosophy means it would likely not even be classified as an RPG. Maybe a Strategy game, or an action game, but it would lack anything to categorize it as an RPG.

>they can't afford spending hours on drama or wasting time with too many jokes
Are you fucking high?
Those games had tons of sections dedicated to telling jokes or the drama of the characters, like Vivian's family tension or the down-right horror story going on at the Boo mansion.
>Mario has to lament his existence as Peach is skewered from behind by Bowseroth
Funny you say that because while Mario was a silent protagonist, Peach had tons of moments where she had to infiltrate the lair of her captors to try to deduce their plans and send help to Mario. She has entire conversations with a star-child and an AI about what the villains are up to.
Light-toned story doesn't mean the story isn't the focus