How did Sony do it? How did the Ps4 sell so insanely good...

How did Sony do it? How did the Ps4 sell so insanely good? Reminder that only 5 consoles in all of gaming history managed to surpass the 100 million mark.

Attached: 100 million.jpg (1080x581, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_Gl9dM7rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Games

80 million of those are FIFA/Fortnite machines

Plenty of games and competition leaped on their swords.

It didn't botch the launch like the Xbone did, I guess.

people bought it because it's "winning" and when given a choice they want to be on the "winning team"

Attached: steamgrandprix2.5d6d6134849.original.jpg (1000x679, 164K)

simple. games and no competition

Xbox failed out the gate & Wii U was dead, Sony won due to their competitors failures, once again

>100M shipped
>Still no Ape Escape

How are my fellow sonybros coping with having no games to play?

Attached: 2019-08-01 19.08.17.jpg (2236x2236, 2.93M)

Because it's got like 5 million box sets and had like 2 releases.

I just play multiplats tbqh

Friendly reminder that E3 console reveals can either make the bank, or break it. See PS3, Wii U, and Xbox One.

Microsoft said, 'fuck it.'

It's easy to win when both your competitors shot themselves in the foot right at the beginning of the race.

dont worry sony is trying very hard with the next gen to lose it. if the ps5 is more than 400 dollar they will fucking lose or if xbox do the same it will be double suicide

The ever growing expansion of the video game industry combined with effective marketing and their main competitor tripping over themselves at the starting line.

Who wants to bet switch will hit a screeching halt like 3ds did and never hit 100 m?

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-To7WJyWs

Good games and amazing exclusives

Just like the PS2 was a FIFA machine.

>shipped is now sold
haha o wow.
why don't we update wiiU numbers to 30 millions?

That's obvious, it won't crack even 70M

Aye. People are banking hard on Chyna and Pokemon, but I think PS4 still has long legs considering Sony hasn't dropped the MSRP since 2015.

Friendly reminder that the details out on PS5 already guarantee it as the winner next gen. MS has already given up.

switch is still being outsold by ps4. lite may give it a temporary boost but only for a year at best

Sony can still lose next gen. They have been very anti-consumer with the PS4. All xbox needs to do to win is be cheaper

I'm starting to doubt how Lite will sell long-term. The appeal of Switch is that it.....switches. And then Nintendo makes a revision with tthat basic console-defining feature gone. It's a bit nonsensical given they sell a console named Switch that can't switch. You cripple yourself immensely getting the Lite model over the OG model.

the ps2 was a cheap dvd player

>How did Sony do it?
There are more potential customers than ever, both because there are more people alive and because a higher percentage can afford 250-ish bucks a ps4 costs. Which means 100 million these days is probably more like 20 to 25 in the 90s.

Attached: 1502700007626.jpg (1560x2080, 480K)

I love how people here saying "games" cant even believe their own bullshit

Attached: 1402579131722.png (480x360, 203K)

>All xbox needs to do to win is be cheaper
They've been cheaper all gen and PS4 has just pulled further and further ahead. Xbone sales are down almost 50% YoY while PS4 is still selling the same pace. There is no plausible scenario where Xbox can win again. They don't even have the first-party advantage anymore. There was once Halo would make every Sony exec shit his pants in envy. But now Sony has multiple IPs that are more popular than Halo.

because gaming in pleb tier mainstream shit now.

Yep the same games you sperg and beg for

Attached: nintendies.png (495x406, 334K)

Best build, games, menu...everything.
Without Bloodborne I would have never bought a ps4 (and +10 purchased games). The power of exclusives is everything.

Literally every thread is
>HOW DID SONY SELL SO MANY CONSOLES
and never
>HOW DID SONY MAKE SO MANY GOOD VIDEO GAMES

Attached: shiggy buster.jpg (501x689, 52K)

>mfw all the triggered nintentoddlers

Attached: 1563899177132_0_0.jpg (909x788, 117K)

What counts as a "game" or a "movie" to you? Yea Forums has such a biased definition of it.

>what's the definition of movie?
>why, a game I don't like of course! Like Bloodborne, what utter movieshit!

I'd be happy to support you if you were consistent at least.

imagine actually """playing""" persona

Spider-Man.

>b-buh muh memeflope
one (1) game and nobody bought it

Attached: 1538541584592.png (1726x1336, 2.07M)

Microsoft really fucked themselves with it

Okay user, I'm gonna list you some exclusives and multiplats on the PS4, and I want you to tell me whether they're games or movies. And show your work too.

>Persona 5
>God of War
>Uncharted
>TLOU
>Bloodborne
>Horizon

Just off the top of my head. Which one of these are games, and which ones are movies.

Xbone was more expensive for like 3 years. If they had been the same price PS4 wouldn't have 100M

How much of a failure is WiiU, Switch, 3DS, and Xbone in comparison then?

>Reminder that only 5 consoles in all of gaming history managed to surpass the 100 million mark.

Reminder that 3 out of 4 Sony consoles reached 100 million.

Attached: Tio.Plato.full.2151499.jpg (2736x2808, 592K)

Nah, Xbone got cheaper within a year. It was given away for near free in Europe.

Quite a feat considering that it's objectively worse for multiplatform games compared to Xbone.

Plenty of promises followed through on
Some decent exclusives and first party titles
Having an online marketplace that actually works
Being a social venue for plenty of people to funnel

The die was cast back in 2013, the wave is still reaching a high mark

Cope

Attached: 855E6E6D-BFE5-41DD-9748-BD2635D3BA6C.png (1280x1201, 207K)

Lmao, Yea Forums and seething other platforms losers keep saying how sony is anti consumer but the people spamming this word is less than 10k

You mean Xbone One X which is $100 more and released after three years and also lacks some of the most popular exclusives off this gen.

well good exclusives is what sells a console.

DELETE THIS

For a nintentoddler Anything that is on ps4 and can't run on his underpowered tablet is a movie.

And if there's a multiplat the 15fps version running in 720p is the best (see dq builder 2 on snitch )

Attached: 1563939442627.png (1314x684, 443K)

PS4 is the most quality it has every game that matters and the most exclusives it's on another level

Xbox has the worst versions actually

Fuckin legend

>roids

Attached: 3457658.jpg (399x385, 44K)

Xbox didn't have Knack and Knack II

And 90% of them are covered in dust because no gaems

Pretty colossal most likely, as lots of casuals have been lost to phones and tablets.

yeah, every game running at 900p sure is objectively better

The Playstation brand is so strong at this point, tied with the fact PS5 will play all PS4 discs and it shares the same PSN purchases plus trophies, as long as the PS5 isn’t 700$ or something like that it will win by default.

I do think it’s cute that some think Microsoft buying a bunch of C-Tier indie devs will somehow matter.

why does every fat fuck think you need roids to not be a lardass loser?

Xbox started out this console gen blasting themselves in the foot with DRM, always online, no game sharing, Kinect attached horse shit. And of course Nintendo only had a Wii tablet add-on controller. as far as the general public knew.

PS4 was the only sensible console option.

I use mine every day and its covered in dust because I dont physically touch it

I use mine every day though

Remember when/v/ said in 2012 that sony haven't got the money to make the ps4 and would crash out the market.

I want to go back

That must be why PS4 has an insane attach rate of over 10 games per console.

Their competition BTFOd themselves. Anyone who bought the xbone before the X came out was simply a brainlet.

but dq builder 2 runs as bad on the ps4
I'm not even a switchfag you're just retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20190725-145851_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 618K)

Both versions drop to laughable single digit FPS in crazy user created maps but the PS4 version runs on average nearly twice the framerate while playing the lengthy campaign.

Lel now show the comparison in a town. Both are running at silky smooth 10fps

Brian Allgeier needs to stop directing Ratchet & Clank. The writing has declined severely since the PS2 days, and he's made no effort to prove he still gives a shit about his franchise.

I can't even imagine how bad it is for someone who only owns a ps4. I'm an idort and I have nothing to play, I don't know what the fuck happened, but it's probably devs shifting to next gen already so fuck all is coming out.

FIFA 13 through 19 & GTAV

because you need them to look like a beefy muscle monster

>switch runs like ass on an empty plateau
>"y-yeah but they both chug when you approach block limit with 100 NPCs walking around"

not only are the goalposts in motion, but perpetually changing shape too

I can live with shitty writing, I just hate seeing the gameplay decline.

Not all Ps4 owners are niggers

Honestly, the closest thing to a "movie game" would be Uncharted. TLoU's single player is similar, but better at still giving players choice, and the competitive MP for TLoU is criminally underrated despite being 100% gameplay focused.

Of course, that would require people to have actually played these games to know this.

Attached: b4f.jpg (569x428, 25K)

A Crack in Time was the best in the series with the best gameplay and best writing.

Xbox Scarlet will have BC too, i dunno why sonyfags act like PS4 BC is a big deal

>Sony games looks so good that Nintendo toddlers think they are movies
It's so sad when simplistic kiddie visuals is all you can get from Nintendo on this shitty tablet.

Attached: Sony_accidentally_provides_player_counts_for_PS4_g_opera_2019-07-22_10-47-31.png (625x475, 22K)

>How?
I can only speak for myself. From Software exclusive and if Bloodborne 2 is a launching title for the PS5 I will be day one purchasing that too.

All of them are movies

What is the "movie game"?

Sounds like free money for Sony, nice.

One word: multiple GOTY exclusives

For Disney you mean? since they will soon purchase Sony

Why would anyone give a shit about Xbox BC when nobody owns an Xbox or Xbox games?

Think before posting.

All four PS2 games were better, in gameplay but especially in writing.
aCiT was the best of what followed though.

Where the fuck did you get info that GTAV sold 51 mln on PS4? Or Fifa 30 mln?

see

So this is how you cope with reality?
Whatever helps you sleep at night i guess.

>my opinion holds more value cos I took one of my brother's photos and pretended it was me

see

Like I said, Uncharted is the closest to one on that list. But objectively speaking, Until Dawn is a good example of a movie game, and it's still hilarious to play so long as you picked it up for $20 or less (like all Sony games seem to reach after a year or two on the market).

I hope that the mp of tlou 2 get the same level of excellence.

Xbox has evert Splinter Cell BC, that better than anything the ps4 has.

Most are spics and niggers, just like with PS2.

wrong
netflix is the most popular ps4 game

>Uncharted is the closest to one on that list.
No, that's Persona 5. It has much less interactivity and much more cut scenes than any Uncharted game.

You are right. We Sonychads are brothers. What of it?

Attached: 1555736003052.jpg (1014x1162, 66K)

and cartoon network is most popular Switch game. Netfilx is more popular so PS4 won.

Yes i’m sure all the 100+ million PS4 owners will jump shit and abandon all their libraries next gen to play some shitty stealth game nobody gives a fuck about.

Again, think before posting.

It's nice being edgy on the Internet but in front of the monitor is some pear-bodied soýboy who is still playing the bing bing tablet in public at adult age.

It's okay when Japan does it!

Yes, most people buy a console for sports games and call of duty. This has been the case since ps2

People who play more games than that all have multiple sony exclusives. Everyone with a game on that list has at least one exclusive like tlou or god of war. Spiderman is the best selling superhero game of all time

The most popular Switch game is Change.org

Attached: switch port beggars.jpg (1378x2252, 636K)

This. Nintendo fanboys are well known for being beta stinking neckbeards.

Attached: 1559415176150.png (621x441, 60K)

>jump ship
Maybe if you're poor. Who doesnt own every console?

kek

Rent free

Because the Xbone hasn’t recovered since E3 2013 and Nintendo spent 4 or 5 years on the flop that was the Wii U.

That's an easy bet when you consider it's a handheld hybrid that can't compete with either proper consoles/PC or the nu-handheld market with phones.
Given Nintendo consoles' below average lifespan for consoles, I doubt it will break 70 millions either, but you never know, brand names are a scary thing and Nintendo is a lot more wary nowadays than it was in the past, they might as well make it.

What does interest me is what comes after the Switch, and after the PS5 too, the market is changing dramatically these years.

I have a PC, PS4 & Switch so an Xbox is useless to me.

I like how tendies seethe sony discount their games just like everyone else does. MHW came out 1 year ago as well, guess how much it costs now? The same price DMC5 will cost a year from now. Go and defend Nintendo demands you pay full price for 5 hear old games as well as multiplats costing more day 1.

>sold
*shipped. Ftfy

I have an xbox, switch, ps4, and pc and my xbox is easily my most played out of all of them.
It's pretty good.

That’s retarded, you aren’t very bright are you?

Nah
Ps4 for weeb games
Switch for Nintendo games
PC for RTSs and other games that aren't on xbox
Xbox for everything else.
You talked about why would people drop their ps4 for the new xbox, why the fuck would I drop all my friends ice gathered on xbox, just to start over with a bunch of randoms?

What does it matter? Its all bcs of FIFA and normalfags games , truly good games like bloodborne will never get the proper recognition they deserve, as shown when bloodborne lost to the travesty gampleyless thing that is the witcher 3 in the game awards. Public opinion is such a joke, its meaningless numbers.

cope

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

No Ape Escape 4

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz_Gl9dM7rQ

Whatever, multiplat games still sell better on the Xbox One.

Top fucking kek

>Better performance than the Xbox half the gen
>Cheaper than the Xbox half the gen
>Better exclusives than the Xbox
>Call of Duty and Destiny DLC priority
>Main platform for every fighting game

Gee I wonder

Why does Yea Forums slide these threads?

HAHAHAHAH
You can't be this fucking delusional

Spics play on Xbox, have ever even played Gears of War? There is a reasons they have champs in Mexico City.

WUN HUNDRED MIRRION

Microsoft went full retard.