I honestly don't understand what the fuck is wrong with this company

I honestly don't understand what the fuck is wrong with this company.

Everyone else sees the writing in the wall: traditional videogames are dying and mobile is the future. Behemoths of the industry like Bethesda, Blizzard and Square Enix are already migrating to the mobile ecosystem.
Meanwhile Cygames is doing the opposite: instead of strengthening their position in the mobile market or reinvesting their profit on non-videogame related ventures (like gambling), they're wasting millions on making a traditional JRPG and a traditional fighting game.

It's like they're going backwards. Why are their stockholders okay with this?

Attached: Cygames.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>It's like they're going backwards. Why are their stockholders okay with this?
Hey if you can sponsor juventus, you can basically do what you want.

Attached: wqpb5dj78ka11.jpg (4476x2976, 1.99M)

Mobile games market is oversaturated. To make any sort of cash there you need a miracle. And since they know this firsthand, they are doing anything in their power to move to PC / consoles where users are used to pay 60$ per game and then another 60$ in microtransactions.

Second post best post, Cygames knows not to put all their eggs into one basket and the mobile market is reaching a point where you either have to be an already existing IP or a fucking miracle to make it in the mobile market and even then its not a shoe in because that new Doctor Mario game did completely shit. Pokemon Masters is coming out and people think its going to make gangbusters but I'm on the opposite side of the fence thinking that people are not only burnt out and already have mobile games to play, when you search on the store Pokemon Go is going to come up first, Pokemon Masters unintentionally competes with that. A bit of a sidetrack but just proving my point that mobile game industry is super fickle and Cygames are at the very least willing to branch out.

Diversifying your business and expanding your playerbase makes sense though

Cygames is so fucking rich, they are struggling to spend their money. They have investments in a myriad of projects, many non-vidya related. They just do it to blow money.

I know because they tried to acquire the company I’m working for and we talked to them a bunch.

What company desu

It was originally a company of otakus, why wouldn't they just make what they want to play?

>I honestly don't understand what the fuck is wrong with this company.

Because you dont know shit about economy; business or marketing, sweetie.
Now go away and let us adults take care of our stuff.
Have a good day!

a small propane and propane accessory outlet in texas

Based Cygames not falling for the mobile meme and diversifying business to fund their passion projects.

>Granblue Fantasy
>Idolmaster Cinderella Girls
>Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage
>Shadowverse
>Princess Connect
Cygames already got their foot really fucking deep into the mobile market. They are making insane amounts of money from it already. Two of their upcoming games ties into Granblue Fantasy so those games are not too much of a risk, if anything it might just draw even more people into the mobile game.

Attached: consider the following.png (384x384, 80K)

>It's a "Yea Forums doesn't understand the importance of diversifying revenue streams" episode
Besides, Platinum was probably pretty cheap to contract for Re:Link, and shacking up with ArcSys lets them move into the eSports space in the genre most likely to be filled with the weebs that would like their gacha. The fact that they're beating Riot to the punch at putting out a fighting game is a win for them, even if Riot's fighter will probably do better.

Attached: 1532801885221.gif (408x402, 39K)

As long as they fund stuff like ZOE 2 HD, they're based.

t.

Attached: images.png (230x219, 4K)

OP, please hang out in a house fire.

>Funding ZoE2 when they have no reason to
They don't need you to understand. They do it because they can and they probably doing it out of love rather then giving a fuck about money because they are literally swimming with them gacha money.

>writing in the wall
it's writing ON the wall

they also are doing a potential Zone of the enders 3. (they were the one who did the remaster of 2 last year.)

Had no clue they did that. Imagine having so much gacha cash that you just decide to throw some of it at another company to remake a game you liked. I heard good things about MARS too.

>Everyone else sees the writing in the wall: traditional videogames are dying and mobile is the future
Bait or just a really stupid user?

Attached: A man.png (300x363, 66K)

Considering he doesn't understand that a company with a large foothold in one market moving into another related market with the profits from it is a good thing for that company, probably just really stupid.

This. It's actually pretty well known that the head honchos do what they want and the money earned from mobile games goes towards this means.

>or reinvesting their profit on non-videogame related ventures (like gambling)
Except they are

Yeah they are based if you ask me. Basically doing the reverse of what's popular so when that market bubble burst everyone will know that they were right all along

Based OP doesn't even know what he's talking about. Here's a bump for your idiocy.

Cygames was a company where the founders established it with intent to make traditional games, but they had no money so they made gacha. The gacha took off and now they are using it's money to make the games they wanted.

>vidya equivalent of a girl who strips to pay for her college degree
Based.

>sponsoring literally a band of thieves

When you purposefully leave a market due being shortsighted, someone else will take that market.
And if for some reason the market you went to burn to the ground due for example the government making it effectively illegal, you get fucked for not having a diversified portfolio.

Why you think capcom is getting a foot back into the "real games" thing?

Attached: nappa.png (852x480, 495K)

Since OP is retarded and gay as usual, let’s ask a real question that actually matters here:

WHEN THE FUCK IS RELINK COMING CY YOU FUCKS!

Attached: FF81F922-FC40-4802-A92D-24E989F21871.png (800x450, 738K)

How is Dragalia Lost doing for them?

That’s Nintendo dude.

>muh mobile e-sports bandwagon
>muh safe investment in game industry

Faggots like op is what killed all creativity in gaming leaving us with generic trash that only autistic newborn could enjoy.

Weren't the guys who formed the company wanting to make an RPG originally but just happened to struck gold with gacha?

Not too hot, it seems. But they won't really care. They already have a lot of cash cows, there's bound to be some failed investment or other.

It's a joint work by Cygames and Nintendo.

That's a shame, because I actually like the character designs and such.

Attached: 1561970234446.jpg (916x1280, 682K)

>they're wasting millions on making a traditional JRPG and a traditional fighting game.
>wasting
Why the fuck don't you understand that this is for advertisement purposes so people will say things just like the stuff you're saying in this thread? Cygames is trying to exert control over the entire industry. They're not going backwards, they want to be taken seriously by the consumer.

They're also probably not losing money on either considering that's not how licensing deals fucking work.

Attached: 1561900468940.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

There's no actual source for this, it's just something people say. It doesn't make any sense either since you don't just wake up one morning and have a gacha game.

Actually recently its been doing really well, just had a slow start but tis better to have slow growth then a huge boon only to slowly drop.

Just started playing it, it doesn't seem to be dead with all the new events and features, and I always find people to play with

When are you releasing relink you cowards.