Britshit voice "acting"

>britshit voice "acting"

I was so hyped for the Dragon Quest 11 S but the abysmally bad voice acting instantly killed it for me. Brits should never be anywhere near a microphone.

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u3s17HPGl6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=8pD83hmKjr0&t
youtu.be/40ulD7mZidY
youtu.be/nxtfnIOx0k4
youtu.be/7e8udyfV91U
youtu.be/JmeWHHppD7M
youtu.be/hLfJWlusT5Y
youtu.be/0iJ2O8IZh1A
youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA
youtube.com/watch?v=VHXV3NnNtio
youtu.be/SKTml7jgUfg?t=324
twinfinite.net/gallery/meet-the-voice-actors-of-dragon-quest-xis-cast/9/
youtube.com/watch?v=BzrhywwlqSc
youtube.com/watch?v=qrqZ0Nhh1jc
youtube.com/watch?v=uCDPsA9wrCc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DQVIII's voice acting was fine, except that it sounded like it was compressed down to a bitrate of like 32kb/s or some shit, like there was some metal grinding against your eardrums

youtube.com/watch?v=u3s17HPGl6Q

Agreed, brother. Americans are the one who should do all the voice acting:

youtube.com/watch?v=8pD83hmKjr0&t

It's funny because this burger thinks an american dub would have been good when the only good version is the japanese one by default

>mutt voice "acting"
>yuri lowenthal voices the entire cast

Im sorry that they weren't speaking spanish.
I know its getting more difficult for americans to understand anything else.
We sympathize greatly

Attached: oy ero.jpg (225x225, 9K)

just lower the voice volume to 0 then?

HOLY FUCKING BASED

American accents are comfortably the most grating English-speaking ones to listen to. DQ games have always had a pseudo-medieval theme, so it makes sense to use accents from countries that actually existed back then.

Yeah no

Britshit voice acting is also the only reason why I will never ever touch Xenoblade. Britshit speaks gibberish and they all sound like they speak out of their noses.

Blame the directors for wanting stereotyped old English.

Even the most disgusting bong accent is gorillion times better than the bland generic american animu voice acting.
You martsharters are LITERALLY the only ones who think otherwise.

Attached: 1564659989357.png (1918x734, 508K)

> Medieval setting.
> American accents.
Witcher 3's English Dub was fucking horrific.

Retarded dubfags are retarded.

Except it had barely any american voice actors there and most of them were british/scottish/irish/welsh you pathetic slavshit

People like you are the reason why every American show these days is full of niggers.

>I’m unable to understand the language that I speak, which must be the fault of everyone except me
:)

turn the voices off for the true DQ experience

I'm a dumb ESL, what the fuck is going on in that pic?

>It’s someone else’s fault I’m too retarded to understand the language I speak
Sorry to hear that Cletus :(

couldn't agree more OP. I wasn't able to get into Xenoblade Chronicles 1 because of that stupid brit accent. It's just such an annoying language, the only time it's based is when Jeremy Irons talks

Attached: Jeremy_Irons.jpg (288x430, 128K)

This. Every character should be voiced by Nolan North and be stamped with the union seal of mediocri- quality.

Thanks for the laugh/cringe

Attached: 1557867675796.jpg (563x503, 21K)

Meanwhile in Nintendoland's rare exception
>Better than original dub
>Adds more personality
>Better actors

Attached: Dickson_general_Xenoblade.gif (336x189, 2.98M)

should have waited for the switch version

This but Liz from CTR

Attached: 1564366408852.png (444x521, 367K)

Nothing is worst sounding than chav speak

>so it makes sense to use accents from countries that actually existed back then.
British "English" is fucking trash and unironically has less in common with its medieval roots than the Amerimutt version. They don't even have rhoticity anymore for fucks sake.

Just play Soulsborne

Same issue in Final fantasy 14. It's terrible but the worst thing is how many suck it up and call it high quality.

YOUR MUM'S AN ARMADILLO

>Thinks Americans speak better English than the actual English.

What gave you that delusion? You are aware that language changes?

>American accents in anything fantasy or pre 1700
>American accents in general
Why do they sound so cheap and out of place?

Attached: 1564063991354.jpg (378x368, 22K)

American voice acting is way worse. British accents for the most part are pleasant.

Guys. Its getting a demo! DQ11S is getting a demo
youtu.be/40ulD7mZidY

This sentence screams of American education

Why are fancy / artsy / pretentious characters fucking ALWAYS British? It's fucking everyone's default voice for that type of character and it pisses me off.

Attached: fox.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

It's an amusing stereotype of a northern working class englishman, amusingly projected backwards onto Roman-era Britain

Non him, but its definitely true that UK accents are largely non-rhotic.

>this fucking meme again
"Old English" sounded most like west-country English you fucking American. British English accents in colonial times was basically exactly the same as they are now. Notice how Australians are basically just south-London with a twinge. Americans talk like they do because they've been a horrifying amalgamation of a billion different languages and cultures since their inception.

>Fantasy per 1700
>People are speaking Modern British, Modern French or American
>When it should just be Åsamål or Icelandic all the way
>Or bastardized French to mimick Lingua Franca

Attached: Aftenposten_Vikinger.jpg (1674x2304, 756K)

unironically this killed Kingdom's come for me

When people say "British" accents, do they include Welsh, Scottish and Irish?

>Using the Eng dub at all

Attached: 1553638267743.jpg (680x848, 40K)

Mutts tend to think "British" (they think British means specifically English for some reason) English is comprised of just two accents which are "posh" (RP) and "cockney" (everything else which they are unable to tell them difference between).

No, Americans and Americanised foreigners genuinely think British = English

Xenoblade's dub is pretty good though. It must suck being as retarded as you.

Why is that girl voiced b a grown ass man?

There are like several thousand awful sounding American dubs of products that just keep coming year by year.

There are barely any UK based dubs in comparison at all. Talk about griping about something that might as well be non existent.

Attached: 1564419747478.gif (245x200, 497K)

I can't tell if you're an American or a Euro who learned English though American movies.

The only time I was seriously turned off by a britbong cast was when Sony posted the European version of Ape Escape 2 to get around having to cut in Ubi for the US dub. That particular dub is 100% inferior to the US one.

>Mutts tend to think "British" (they think British means specifically English for some reason) English is comprised of just two accents which are "posh" (RP) and "cockney" (everything else which they are unable to tell them difference between).
That's nice, but I didn't say any of that you obsessed faggot. Now go fix your teeth and stop fucking sheep

I have no idea who you are user. Not sure how i'm obsessed for sharing what i have learnt over the years from talking to Americans. Also your insult makes no sense.
>Now go fix your teeth
American meme against the English
>and stop fucking sheep
English meme against the Welsh

>OP says something negative about UK voice acting
>thread is nothing but MUTTS MUTTS MUTTS MUTTS MUTTS MUTTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: Absolute state.gif (390x340, 1.99M)

>Reading comprehension
Sure hope you aren't a native speaker. The discussion is about the usage of modern accents in medieval roles. In this regard mutt English is objectively superior to the bong version in virtually all cases. The overall debate between the superiority of bong English or mutt English is a separate matter entirely but the Americans still win tbqh.
>No argument
Keep seething over the fact you've degraded your language worse than that multi-ethnic hell on the other side of the ocean has, Nigel.
>west-country English
As pic related shows. However the trend is not in this dialect's favor and it is quickly dying out, being overtaken by the degraded shit to its east.
>you fucking American
kek why is it when you retards get called out you automatically fall back on assuming everyone else is a mutt? Its pathetic and the equivalent of beating an animal after you get your ass kicked by the school bully. Can't go after anyone but the only people more pathetic than your pathetic selves.
>Americans talk like they do
What do you mean by "like they do"? Are you talking about their preservation of the historic rhotic consonant while you retards degrade it?

Attached: Rhoticity map England.png (209x642, 34K)

I'm just glad she didn't tumble and did herself a mischief

Attached: 1560496752093.png (406x770, 142K)

>say something negative about [INSERT COUNTRY].
>get a reaction.

No shit, Sherlock.

>t. son of an armadillo

The Pict in that pic is speaking with a typically Northern dialect. There's a stigma attached to this. Northerners typically are poorer, less educated and working class. It's spoken in a more slack manner and has odd quirks like reiterating the subject at the end of a sentence e.g. "I love that, I do" or "That's a good pie, that". Hence the mangled spelling of half the words. He's talking to the Roman about Hardrian's wall - a big fuck off wall that was built to keep the filthy, filthy Picts.

The Pict is speaking in friendly terms to the Roman, but in plain English would be

"That's a nice wall, mate. My father used to be a builder. The tribe used to call him "Bob the Bricky" (slang for builder). He was the fastest bricky around. Perhaps I could get the lads together and we could help you finish the wall? We take cash in hand (as many working class people do in the UK), there's no need to tell Hadrian (the then Emperor) and be taxed. Have you got any sheep for sale? I love a good sheep. How's the war going, have you killed any Southern cunts? I hate the Southerners. How about I fix that wall? I'll get Terry and we can start getting mud mixed up (Pict housing was mostly wattle and daub).

>playing jap games with english dubs
you are asking for it

Attached: 1532048413498.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

Just because they stretch their R sounds in a similar way doesn't make it even remotely similar. If all Americans spoke like pirates, you'd have a point.

>why is it when you retards get called out you automatically fall back on assuming everyone else is a mutt?
Why do you think you have any authority to "educate" people about a language you only know on a basic level?

At least British voice actors act like they give a shit.

Why are you making such a big deal out of how people say their R's?

Every game should just go ask Yoko Taro to hire some voice actors for them. The Drakenier games' English VAs are god-tier

Attached: 1549105618786.jpg (590x440, 43K)

kingdom come deliverance has plenty of brits doing voice acting and they do a good job

>hate an accent
>speak a butchered version of the language
mutts are cucks

>mutt gets angry when the english language is used by the people who invented it

Attached: 1482930175921.png (225x225, 6K)

That's a shame. I can't listen to it if it isn't British sounding anymore.

>game has british character
>he/she's an annoying snobby twat

The USA as a nation was build entirely on theft.

They've never earned anything for themselves, just stole it from everyone else.

Maybe she's a tranny?

Well Dragon Quest 11 S has dual audio.

Turn it off you retard.

It's some weird meme Americans have where they think because a certain linguistic technique was phased out that means that the English used to speak exactly like they did

You should have kept playing. Every city is a new terrible accent.

Hahahaha
If they turn the voices off, then they will have to turn on the subtitles. And you know how they hate reading.

Americans have a bad habbit of typecasting.

This game is The Room of english dubbing, i'd honestly prefer it over britshit

Not too well versed in the history of the English language, But this 100% holds true to Spanish.
People in latin america speak Spanish closer to its roots than people in Spain proper.
A lot of the formal writing and speaking has been preserved in latinos but not in Spaniards.
It would not surprise me if the same held true for the British.

>My wife will be voiced by Aqua's VA
Hmm

Attached: __hero_and_senya_dragon_quest_xi_and_etc_drawn_by_kiriya_552260__af679cace197b86bedf9cfcd95efd517.jp (838x1200, 225K)

>Buttblasted so has pretend he has these opinions

Shove a biscuit in it Jeeves, Londonistan doesnt nees you talking

If trannies were that passable, the suicide rates weren't that high.
No fucking way.

Literally no one gives a notable fuck about XBCs britshit vo outside of "Muhnado" or "Ahm rully feelling et!". It is quite literally a joke

american vs british jokes aside, there are some really bad voice actors or at least directing. FFXIV's showcases this pretty well. A good portion of the cast have little to no soul or emotion in their voice over work, while much of the newer cast added by the latest expansion sound like they're actually trying to do more than read lines/

Attached: feo-ul-final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers-5.82.jpg (210x240, 19K)

>Actual English

Damn if only foreign exchanges didn't come to America to learn the language here instead of the shitbrit version you might be right

British voice acting is way better than American voice acting in games that have a fantasy or medieval setting. American accents didn't exist in the past. This might be irrelevant if it's a fantasy game but since most fantasy games use medieval or historical-ish settings, American accents just do not fit. The worst is when an American does the voice acting for a noble, aristocratic character. American accents are derived from English farmer/peasant accents. It is cringe. If you talk like a peasant and are cast as a noble you are miscast. It's that simple. It's a real breath of fresh air to see developers finally realise this and cast Brits.

>mutts

Wait are we discussing Londonistan?

American Dubs have the worst voice actors and voice direction because they're paid below minimum wage. It's made worse by license holders like Funimation and ADV wanting to funnel money out of their customers by charging a high price.

>Brits invented the english language

Londonistani education

Attached: 1564162925634m.jpg (1024x775, 90K)

Do you have evidence of that?

>The worst is when an American does the voice acting for a noble, aristocratic character.
Clearly you've never heard of a Mid-Atlantic accent.
Pleb.

>Just because they stretch their R sounds in a similar way doesn't make it even remotely similar.
And it is still closer than what the majority of English speaks in England speak today. And if your point here was that there are more differences than just rhoticity, I should say that you're right but the other differences still heavily affect bongland more than Amuttica.
>Why do you think you have any authority to "educate" people about a language you only know on a basic level?
>no u
I could make a bunch of points about the changing of English. Rhoticity is just the one I happened to bring up. You also have, say, the trap-bath split or lot-cloth split but those are less well known.
>Everyone I don't like is an American
There you inbreds go again, beating up your dog because you can't do anything else.

>American accents are derived from English farmer/peasant accents

Lmao what, you're thinking od the sourherner and cockney variants chum, some real paper boy shit

American Voice Actors just use their normal speaking voices, or funny accents. They're too stupid to put on a New England or Southern Gentleman Accent for Nobles

COR BLIMEY WOT THE ECKS DAT

>Brits invented the english language
...Yes?

Attached: 1547442967007.png (1224x1152, 970K)

>American's just can't dub Japanese games eff-

Wrong.

Attached: Drom.jpg (1920x1080, 637K)

If that's the case, it's probably because Latin-America was colonised almost exclusively by the Spanish and Portuguese. America was a free-for-all, especially after they deserted the empire. American English is a new phenomenon. This "It's actually closer to old English" meme is just an extension of the I AM 1/16TH WELSH, POLISH, SCOTTISH AND GERMAN thing they like to do.

>Any time anyone mentions something Americans do they must be talking about me!
Calm down dude

The way i see it, as long as you prounce R sounds like "ah" you're functionally a fucking lazy tongued retard who needs a little more american in you (not the texan kind), learn to articulate britniggers. Fuck you don't @ me i'm just calling it how it is.

>England is just London

Amerimutt education.

>playing with the dub

Attached: 1544613227525.jpg (960x711, 43K)

Have you ever heard someone from the southwest of England? That was a common accent throughout the south of England during the 16th century. Even Shakespeare plays were often written and acted by people speaking that accent. That accent is rhotic, meaning there are hard 'r' sounds like there are in American English. That's the type of accent that English emigrants took with them to America. In America it stuck, whereas in Britain it fell out of use everywhere except in the southwest. The southwest accent is made fun of for making the speaker 'sound like a farmer' to this day. "Oim a farrmerr, I drink coiderrrr". That accent is the parent accent of the American one. These are the facts.

Oh jesus christ he's serious

Attached: 1564376754319.jpg (211x399, 30K)

It's unanimously accepted to be a huge improvement over the original, even by weebs. It's the Cyber City Oedo 808 of vidya. Fuck off, you obsessed revisionist Smash player.

When its directed at my posts and frequently accompanied by (You)'s then yes, they're talking about me.

As a non-English speaker I prefer British way over American voice acting.

When the Brits speak English it's prestine and crisping clear.
When Americans speak, it's like they are chewing on a hot potato.

not loik anyfing oive evur 'erd uv be4r

>People like it better because it's funnier

What exactly do you gain by straight up restating my point

English versions of games should always be voiced by Brits, with some Australians and the more colorful negro varieties thrown in. Americans have disgusting accents and should not be allowed to speak in games, film, music, or anywhere really.

>I AM 1/16TH WELSH, POLISH, SCOTTISH AND GERMAN thing they like to do.
Oh, yea you're probably right.
All americans are actually native americans, It explains it all. Nope, No european influence whatsoever.

Yuh meht everyfing oi say es wan handred pehcent crystal cleeuh

Lmao fuck off you're so full of shit lmao

Attached: 1563762097423.gif (216x160, 1.71M)

That's because lots of dubs use London Accent. Northern British, Scots, and Irish are hard to render.

What the fuck are you on about, its uncommon that people dont pronounce their r sounds here in England. Lay off the propaganda for a bit yeah?

Languages change and there's dialects and accents. I'm sure they way you speak isn't exactly the same as your ancestors.

typical mutt education

nicely done

>I can't tell the difference between English accents because it's my second language
Good to know. Stop embarrassing yourself, please.

Yeah? What are you trying to argue, that Anglo-Saxon English isn't actually English because its derived from North Sea Germanic or something?

Attached: 1563007011707.jpg (1920x1730, 323K)

>Not having mommy Drona VA'd by a Mommy bod girl instead

as an ESL I prefer british voice acting heavily. White american voiceacting is pure aids.

If we're going by bad dubs then Americans should be banned from voice acting too.

>Americans have disgusting accents and should not be allowed to speak in games, film, music, or anywhere really.

Damn it's a shame the rest of the world disagrees with you and we singlehandedly own the english language VO industry

Or, in American English: had podado

You realize English is an American proto-dialect, no?

American Dubs are bad because VAs don't want to change their speech patterns. Most of them use their natural speaking voice.

Unironically yes.
At least you can hear the difference between can and can't there. In American they are homophone for some reason.

>South britshit voice acting
The only thing worse would be if it were a ear-grating potatonigger

Attached: f00ty.png (2004x1010, 370K)

>Brits invented English
>No wait Anglo Saxons invented it

Not the same people

Only Shulk is better than the original.

It is a shame indeed, but that's the way it is. Most people prefer the shallow pop-culture you Americans shit out into the world; that doesn't mean they have any taste.

lmao fawk orff your sho full of sheeit lmao

>At least you can hear the difference between can and can't there

You picked this example specifically to be as wrong as possible and bait me. I'm not falling for it

Why does American English sound like the most "correct" version? It's like evolution, british/irish/australian peasants speak the primitive versions, while Amerigods speak the most advanced and fluent version

>reading comprehension

Is this some new brand of Londonistani accent?

You do realise 'Brits' just mean anyone who inhabits the British Isles, right retard? Celts and Anglo-Saxons are all 'Brits'

Attached: 1550909273096.png (1884x1882, 2.13M)

>He thinks I'm ESL
>Zero (0) arguments
Sure hope you're defending that precious west-country accent well. Don't want that eastern shit to ruin it any faster than necessary.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.
India exists and they are not even ethnically Anglos.
How could you fuck it up worse than them?

I'm not but what does that have to do with the English language being "invented" in Britain

Attached: fooking frog nonces.jpg (178x283, 12K)

You're literally just mad and coping, you can pretend you reallly super super hate american accents but there is a reason we own english vo, you're not some refined exception that absolutely hates it just because you finally reached age 20

>playing with english dub at all

Attached: 1503422251419.jpg (728x696, 180K)

"Loik" sounds more West Country than South Eastern.

>but there is a reason we own english vo
Because America is the culturally and economically dominant world power that produces most of the media that the world consumes?

There is literally no argument there. You're just saying "We own it and that's why we're right!".

>If it's this geographical location, every civilization in it *ever* was and is brits

Damn bro americans are all indians wtf

>I am stupid and cannot understand nuance or tongue-in-cheek humour
Got it.

Xenoblade's is fine, but something like FFXIV I use the Japanese voices. It's too much.

Xenoblade 2, however...I switched to the Japanese voices immediately. Literally none of the English characters fit their voices.

>I've never played dark souls or bloodborne

It's not just that we own it. It's more about the fact that no one else can compete. No one cares about britshit other than britshits

Huh. I honestly thought the DQ11 VA was pretty great. The only badly acted character was Vince in Octagonia.

That's literally what the term means, yes. Anglo-Saxons and Celts are what make-up the ethnic stock of most people in the British Isles, thus both Anglo-Saxons and Celts are 'Brits'. You have zero idea what you're talking about

Attached: 1533932766117.gif (720x520, 472K)

No i think the XBC dub is funnier it's what ive been saying this whole time. muhnadoe lol

brits barely "invented" anything.

English is a mutt language derived from german, french, greek, and latin

Which has nothing to do with your argument as to why Americans are dominant in the voice acting industry.

>Now go fix your teeth
Statistically the UK has better dental care than the US by a huge margin. Artificial whitening just isn't covered by the NHS.

Okay dont post anime glow eyed girls at me though

Based.

retarded brainlet

>Europeans who learned British-English
>some of the most pleasant accents you can listen to
>Europeans who learned American-English
>sounds like a downy trying to do a movie trailer voice while being choked
Do you need any more proof?

Attached: rainbow.jpg (480x640, 182K)

We own it because we're better at it. Doesn't mean we don't have bad actors that you will inevitably cherrypick, but it is a fact.

Everyone spoke Gaelic before the Romans then saxons started speaking English and the English royalty spoke French until like 1500's with Henry IV.

But American voice acting sucks as it all sounds the same phoneticly abd the accent differences are not as varied as the British.

>haha that voice is different to mine lol
Does your carer know you're posting here?

suck me, jizzbrain, stop taking credit for amalgamate languages you didnt invent

>dubfags
the original language + subtitles is the only way for me chief

america: hot potado
british: ho' pota'o

>Reading subtitles during combat when people are speaking mid fight.

Attached: 1497933746029.jpg (1100x1392, 161K)

Hey you're british right? Can you say "muhnadoe"? lol, do it

>american voiceactor doing a british voice

Attached: 1525321352436.jpg (473x473, 27K)

America, universally: hod podado
Britain, educated people: hot potato
Britain, uneducated people: ho' pota'o

fixed

neither americans nor brits properly pronounce their words.

example
>water

americans say "wadder"

brits say "wotah"

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that American accents are shit and only popular because they're easy to understand and come in the form of easily digestible content. American "culture" is successful because it appeals to be basest instincts, as you would expect from something so utterly infected with capitalist consumerism. The only thing that counts is: "Will as many people buy this as possible?" Everything else is irrelevant and complex accents and dialects would only be a detriment.

Just because something is successful doesn't mean it's good. That's the simple truth behind all this. However, I'm not surprised this is hard to understand for a corporate boot licker like you.

That's literally what I said.

Cope. The fact that the language was influenced by North Sea Germanic doesn't mean it didn't originate in Britain brainlet

Attached: 1560360960061.jpg (210x240, 6K)

It works out fine sometimes.

Attached: basch-icon-232ae5600b31563aec718333abc5fcddb2d4f2d57276e34eb4df214b5e604d6c.png (400x320, 130K)

>Hey yur briddish ride? Ceeun yew say "mernardoe"? lahl, dew id

Did it sound like you were in Africa?

Attached: 1564126552876.jpg (867x1200, 262K)

The worst is in HK. There, older English speakers tend to speak with a British accent and they sound refined, intelligent, etc. The younger ones, especially rich girls it seems, opt for the American accent and they sound like very trashy.

I just turned off voice volume, most DQ games dont have voice acting anyway.

>american dub
>it's just nigs

Attached: jackblackrape.png (984x688, 517K)

>playing DQ11 in Japanese
I thought you didn't play dubs out of principle, not because you're a weeb? English is the original voice language.

I'll never get tired of how thin skinned the English are.

You've never been to the British Isles, have you?

>Fraktur
Wtf happend?

All those D's and R's you're forcing in there are trying way too hard, no one talks like that. Cope that you sound retarded

Attached: 1563084766174.jpg (1024x1024, 456K)

okay dumbbrain. can you not walk and chew gum at the same time?

Jokes on you because I have

We're not anymore thin-skinned than everyone else here.

>That's literally what I said.

I was expanding for retards so they might learn something.

56%

Attached: amerirish.jpg (648x520, 72K)

I don't know what you're even arguing about, all English accents are shit anyway except American south and Glasgow

Attached: 1370432803275.jpg (752x590, 199K)

>all those anime images
kek what a fucking loser

Dawn of War games. Hearing the Space Marines yell and kill in the name of the emperor in their Brit sounding Gothic.
Its perfection.

Mutts are far more thin skinned

>Glasgow
much like sex, the weegee accent is something yanks will never get

Attached: scotland15.jpg (760x900, 283K)

>Glasgow
my nigger

Attached: limmiy.jpg (591x580, 62K)

>All these bad opinions asserted as fact

The Yea Forums classic. The way i see it you just went on a rant about how seething you are about americans, i dont think you share any of those opinions with people in real life, especially ones that have such "the only reason stacy chooses chad is [cope]" rationale. Here's an idea, lose weight, start from there, it will clear your head

Get the fuck out of Yea Forums, britbongs.

Attached: 1527081992432.jpg (1400x2536, 1.55M)

Voice acting in RPGs is cancer.

>N-NO WE'RE NOT!!!!
did you pay for your porn license yet, William? wouldn't want you to get vanned over this image.

Attached: 1563942194574.jpg (853x1414, 188K)

Attached: 1524236717447.jpg (620x1461, 221K)

>Just because the language is an amalgamate doesnt mean that it is

I just

Wow

We do not make threads complaining about dubs thou

Where are all the minge posters when you need them?

Attached: nia snap.png (670x377, 447K)

where's your dickshield cleetus?

Attached: ameriskins.jpg (684x609, 68K)

>Yo Jamal-coon wut the fuck UP my niggah
>*Pulls off mask*
>Personizzle

Different guy here. It hasn't happened yet. And everyone will use VPNs anyways so it's kinda pointless.

>all English accents are shit anyway except American south and Glasgow
Hold it right there, pal

Attached: accent3_700x1050.jpg (682x1024, 37K)

>american English is bad because everyone can understand it (aside from asshurt Brits, apparantly)
???

>Ahl those D's and R's yewwer forcing in theear are trying way tew hoard, no wun tahks like thiat. Cope that yew seawnd retorded

>mutt talking shit about Brit VA

youtu.be/nxtfnIOx0k4
youtu.be/7e8udyfV91U

youtu.be/JmeWHHppD7M

youtu.be/hLfJWlusT5Y
youtu.be/0iJ2O8IZh1A

>We're not thin-skinned.
>Lmao you say "chewna" instead of "tuna".
>MUTT MUTT MUTT 56% FUCK YOU HALFBREED REEEEEEE

it was Mays pet project and she is gone.

>The way i see it you just went on a rant about how seething you are about americans,
Of course, because you cannot conceive of people not liking America. After all, how could someone dislike something so successful? Please refer to the last paragraph of my last post.

>Eating whilst walking

No wonder you Americans are so fucking fat.

Regardless I prefer to focus on the task at hand without some kawaii desu ne AV dropout screaming "CHING CHONG PING PONG!" in my ear and stopping to read "don't give up! ^_^" when I'm trying to fight a boss.

You can't win at this game, bong.

Attached: 1564237307371.jpg (1978x6777, 1.81M)

what about your "telly" license to watch BBC?

Skin so thin you have to respond with a The Onion tier article

Skin so thin you have to bin all your knives so you dont get cut by looking at them too long lmao

Yangus sounded exactly like how I thought he would.

where's your foreskin, cleetus?

Attached: amerifreedoms.jpg (2674x2798, 2.03M)

Learn to read, mutt. I never said that was the reason why it was bad.

>glasgwegian
>good
Fucking horrid, not like it's any better to the east.

>Brits should never be anywhere near a microphone.
Thank god there are people with good taste like you OP, you're not a faggot.

Attached: 1554088703092.jpg (1024x1024, 100K)

>aye
>intae
Are you fucking serious?

>understanding it
>enjoying it

Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

That doesn't mean there aren't other people pushing it forward though, and there are plenty of cunts in Westminster who probably still see it as a public good

I'm from Glasgow and that is a fuckin' lie. Inverness accent is unarguably the best Scots.

All they do is send letters asking you to 'stop it'. And then maybe a few years later they might send a follow through letter.

thin skin is better than no foreskin LMAO

Attached: 1492588110984.jpg (768x1024, 130K)

Seething

All because a language borrows words and structure from other languages doesn't mean it doesn't have an origin, retard.

Attached: 1546055818884.png (1200x1931, 883K)

do you swallow your gum you fucking retard?
>British "people" everyone

yep.

>American accents are comfortably the most grating English-speaking ones to listen to.
ESL here, you're dead fucking wrong. I'd fucking neck myself if I had to speak and listen to British English on a daily basis and every single person I know agrees with me. Billions of English-speaking ESLs are allowed to choose their accent and 99% of them go with American, for good reason. Damage control your gay ass accent all you want, you're only coping because it was forced upon you. Growing up in Britain is basically the linguistic equivalent of a fucking circumcision.

Attached: 1449423295707.jpg (480x375, 16K)

I'm american you retard. Americans are always cringe and embarrassing on this site crying at every insult. It's pathetic

>you can have native VA performed by respected professionals directed by the makes of the game
>or failed actors on min wage with limited guidance
>people will pick the second because reading is unironically "too much work" for them

Attached: 1535192508474.jpg (225x350, 22K)

Try harder, i can almost hear the seething

>OI YEW TUK FAHNNY WHOI OIRNT YEW MAD MOIT AHM GUWNA ROAST YE YOU ALL TAWK LOIK THESS REHLLEE??

Attached: 1561395410759.png (750x936, 1.29M)

back to Yea Forums with you, npc weeb

This shit is fucking kino

Attached: 423423.jpg (600x531, 35K)

how OBSESSED must someone be to make this pic

all I got out of it was that I'm somehow a bootlicker for preferring american accents.

You are so mad.

The sooner English and American become completely separate languages, the better.
It's like a divorced couple arguing.

That's not true at all. In China, British English is more popular. British English is taught in schools. Same in India. That's kind of a lot of people.

>Needs to pretend to eat even when they are not eating.

Americans everyone.

Oh no, i definitely believe people hate america, but only because they're not america

Then you must go back to school because your text comprehension is abysmal.

Americans insult everyone, but don't you dare call him a redneck. See how he fumes, turns red in anger.

somebody circle the accent that belongs to Ricky Gervais and Russle Brand, because it's 100% garbage in audio form.

Attached: bongbings.png (598x288, 20K)

spanish is quickly becoming the de-facto language in amerishoot.

so British police cant even enforce their own laws?
no wonder you have "asiam" rape gangs everywhere.

Next DQ should feature 100% Geordie voice actors for a laugh.

That's Hong Kong only. Mainland China and Japan learn American English

I have my foreskin though? And i guarantee it's thicker than the entirety of a brit

>asiam
?????????

Half of your citizens hate America LMAO

>HURR itxs everyone else that's retarded, not the fact that what I'm saying has no fucking bearing on reality
BRI'ISH EJUCAYSHION ERRYONE

That's exactly what I said. You cannot conceive of someone disliking America; you can only conceive of someone secretly liking America, but being arseblasted because they're not part of it. The fact that you repeated exactly what I said and thought it was something different proves that you really can't understand this.

Hey idiot, might pain you to realize, but I'm not american.

I'd still much rather live in American than your shithole in 2019 though.

Attached: 1530465767956.jpg (2048x1956, 1.28M)

>Implying the language borrows
>And isn't comprised mostly of

Oh man oh man

Attached: 1563326219252m.jpg (549x1024, 74K)

>I have my foreskin though?
don't lie cleetus, we both know it's in israel LMAO

Attached: 1521657324897.png (592x678, 406K)

The problem isn't British voice actors.
The problem is American voice directors
>That was a great take, but you don't sound like enough of a retarded cliche for our 50 IQ American audience.
That's why Tracer sounds completely fucking fake despite the VA being British and having nowhere near that strong of an accent.

Not English, sorry. Keep crying though, it's funny.

>"yeah, asiams"

Attached: blqtzmxmcmh11.png (1077x923, 1.35M)

then why are you defending americans? are you also mutilated?

Attached: 1523121422276.jpg (950x1440, 415K)

Oh, the English we're being taught here is British too, everything I said is DESPITE that. My point was about accent. Nobody wants to slur and drag out their vowels like a fucking retard when they don't have to.

>Brits should never be anywhere near a microphone

on the contrary

youtube.com/watch?v=VHXV3NnNtio

Show me where I'm defending americans you dumb bong.

Attached: 1564235109039.png (560x1199, 841K)

And then they'll move on to say they speak Spanish better than the Spanish.

someone at least answer me this, why do scandinavians obviously emulate american accents over british?

>le english is germanic
kys, it's only fr*nch and latin

>you can only conceive of someone secretly liking America, but being arseblasted because they're not part of it.
thats literally all non-americans

Reminder that neither Bongs or Mutts can speak English correctly.

Lol then why don't they leave? Oh wait outrage culture just let me epic diss this country yeah fuck america fuck white people lmao

Wait no i dont wanna go back to mexico i was j-just kidding haha

Same reason Koreans and Philipinos do, because every country on earth is bombarded with american media so they grow up learning it

>no refutation
coming from the country that thought standing in a straight line would make them harder to hit it's no wonder that you dont know how to win

It seems i will have to show you to prove it

I didn't say it wasn't comprised mostly from Germanic, I was addressing your claim that an amalgamate language can't have a discernible origin.

Attached: 1548887645338.png (949x1319, 931K)

I'm from Denmark, I was in Scoland a couple months ago and everyone thought that I was a posh southern English guy until I corrected them.

The same problem with French. The directors often make them overexaggerate their accents.

>Keehp croiying thow, ets fahnee

egs dee

Reminder that webm related is the pride of British television.

Attached: 1503859118724.webm (854x480, 1.71M)

English comes from Anglish spoken by the Angles a Germanic tribe.

English "lads" on stag in my country has put a hate in me for that entire fucking island you wouldn't believe. God I fucking hate them.

Scotland*

Scots are retarded, what is new?

Holy shit, this sounds like a fandub.

why dont the British do anything about it? oh wait they dont have a single creative bone in their body. all they can do is "le banter mate" and praise the queen.

English does not come from 'Anglish'. Anglish is a language project that aims to make English a fully Germanic language.

That's completely wrong. Students across mainland China are taught British English at school. Their school textbooks have British spelling.

If it's mostly other languages then the origin is not discernible, having anglo saxon contribution is not an origin

Attached: 1562895006780.jpg (643x800, 55K)

Oi bruv, u fuucken o boot bwiten?
oi bet gur amerigan, fot fotty fot fuck!
guddam yew made me miss the fooken footbowl goool on thee talee
moy voice is fookan hangalic yew twat

As opposed to sounding gratingly whiny and trashy? Suit yourself

How do you feel about Offa's dyke?

Attached: Offa's_Dyke_near_Clun.jpg (640x480, 87K)

>Spanish (spain) voice acting.

Attached: images.jpg (500x329, 19K)

Not giving Ricky Gervais a mic is a crime punishable by death.

Japan learns American

>Oraleoraleoraleorlae

The language came about due to Anglo-Saxons who migrated to Britain and was later built upon via things like the Norman Invasion introducing a lot of Latin words into Old English. That doesn't mean English doesn't have a discernible origin in the Anglo-Saxon invasions. It's like saying "Americans don't have a discernible root because they're all mutts"

I'm a bong and I can't stand lad culture. It's the dudebro of England.

>It's like saying "Americans don't have a discernible root because they're all mutts"

But that's true?

I wonder why

>gratingly whiny and trashy

What absolutely banal and artificial criticisms, an accent can't be "whiny", it doesnt work like that, do you know a fucking whine is?

>literally too stupid to understand the non-deformed version of the language
Just like the burgers!

British TV media long since died out as a global brand. The last time it was relevant was in the 60s

>It's like saying "Americans don't have a discernible root because they're all mutts"

Im convinced you believe this though so what part of your post isn't moot

Maybe the random NPC's but the voices for Alphinauld, Alisaie, Urianger, Thancred and Ysh'tola have been fine.

Person who's friends with someone who fell for the JET meme here. What they teach in Japanese schools would be more accurately described as "Japanese sounds rearranged to sound vaguely like English words", but it's supposed to be British-English apparently.

epic meme

>Im convinced you believe this though
I don't believe it, all because something has evolved over time and has had influences from other places doesn't mean you can't point to the start and say "x started here"

The last time British TV was relevant was when Top Gear still had Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Bayonetta's voice gets me diamonds

Attached: 57140ade9ee1b3a3902ffd333e2ad355.jpg (900x1329, 371K)

They'll always have Red Dwarf and Blackadder.

They sort of do. Kind of. Problem is it's hard do define who is "American" anymore, thanks to bloody immigration. Same thing is starting to happen in Europe.

Some accents are more whiny than others. It's an objective fact. They can have a musical quality, or extended vowel sounds, which to an outsider sounds childish or annoying. And American accents are like that. CAAAAHFFEE. URRRRBS. WAAAADERRR.

>Any voice acting that isn't Japanese

>British English is the "non-deformed" version of the language
How shit is English that the American deformations to it make it better?

I liked Enzo way better

Americans are people who are born in America with parents who are legally citizens.

You know why her voice works?
BECAUSE THE FUCKING VOICE DIRECTOR WASN'T AN AMERICAN.
AMERICAN VOICE DIRECTORS WILL ALWAYS TRY AND GET THE MOST CLICHE OVER THE TOP ACCENTS OUT OF THEIR VA'S BECAUSE THE AMERICAN AUDIENCE IS FUCKING RETARDED AND ITS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN UNDERSTAND "OH THIS GUY ISN'T AMERICAN"

>"whiny"
something can sound whiny, like if the vowels are elongated.
you'll hear a crying child go, "buuuut mooooooom" or the baby's "waaaaaaaaah"

We can't make comedy anymore. It's mostly all fucking left-wing panel shows now.

It's not fucking deformed.
The fact that americans and british (britains?) are conversing in this itt thread just fine negates that point.

>all television is London-based
>London is notorious for being Americanised
Fancy that.

I would also add when IT crowd was still airing and Simon Pegg was still a big thing.

From what I gather British television is comprised of news, black-washed documentaries, and those weird game shows where British celebrities read stuff from a card and try not to laugh.

Attached: 1564525795121.jpg (704x400, 37K)

I also wanted the add that the "Cali" accent also sound whiny, and nasally
up-talk is awful

They all teach US English, they even teach American pronunciation

But it's true. It's either London-based left-wing comedy or terribly dated and plain unfunny. It's a sad state of affairs right now.

Attached: Limmy-s Rylan Story_Trim.webm (1280x720, 1.56M)

>Some accents are more whiny than others. It's an objective fact.

Please look up the definiton of objective before using it thanks. And no, accents don't produce whines on their own, please stop being this retarded, i beg you

>They can have a musical quality

Okay now you are improvising at this point, please stop talking. "Musical quality" lmao what the FUCK, not a single octave or sound alone is ever referred to or attributed as having "musical quality", no one says that shit, you are literally being "that kid" having an argument in the middle school lunchroom

Easy, you just have shit taste

Couldn't have been worse than Zelda's britshit from BOTW. I still have nightmares of her shrill fucking throat gargle.

Nice fanar-
>notices crotch
What the hell? That's not natural at all

Up-talk is a speaking habit, not an accent, stop trying so hard

>That's why Tracer sounds completely fucking fake despite the VA being British
And yet strangely enough, when it came to Moira's voice acting Americans didn't even think she sounded Irish because she doesn't go TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA DO YE WANT TO SEE ME POT O' GOLD?

Defend this, bongs.

Attached: 1521235206138.png (599x624, 557K)

>Rhoticity
>Important
>When Yorkshire never had Rhoticity ever

Er, alright. I gave examples and you refused to listen to them. Go listen to a Liverpudlian accent if you want a clear case of what I mean. Even in Chinese certain accents have the quality of having a greater range of pitch than others, having more dramatic enunciation than others. It's a universal thing. But no I guess it's wrong because you said so.

Miriam wouldn't be half as cute as she is if she spoke with an American accent.

If you weren't an EOP you'd understand just how bad things really were...

youtu.be/SKTml7jgUfg?t=324

>tfw canadian

watching americans and brits always fight over which country is better is the most entertaining thing ever

Attached: 1560122245250.jpg (540x545, 49K)

>t. Non-rhotic speaker
>norf
>mattering
>ever

You first.

Attached: 1534947256046.jpg (1500x1000, 563K)

As an American can we all agree that British people are better at faking an American accent than the other way around?

gotta have that thigh gap and ass fangs sometimes user

Attached: 1545948125908.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

DQXI is a horrible example. It's not the British accents that make it bad, it's the voice actors themselves. I've never heard a Brit speak anything like that.

>community service
Who cares? You won't see the actual army doing that shit, unlike your soiboy armed forces.

Matter more than cornwall mate.

>It's all abiwt that Tim Hortons and maple leaves buddy eh?
You are not immune, leaf.

When have the British Army ever worn high heels, like a punch of gays then?

>tfw no one posted this
pathetic

Attached: Freeman.png (136x171, 45K)

fucking wrong i hate americans.

Revolutionary war.

Now we just need the Aussies and the Kiwis here.

Women's high-heels, retard

Are you inciting that british soldiers aren't women?

Attached: 1561644717099.png (455x396, 155K)

Attached: 1540009788587.jpg (1330x772, 554K)

British accent voiceacting = american voiceacting with some fun accent - ranging from southern, new york, ebonics, whatever > shit >>>>>>>>>>> generic californian american accent

>inciting
American education

fuck bbc, they think there the fucking heart of the nation the arrogant cunts

>arguing sementits

kek

stop being retarded

Attached: 1556736480344.jpg (259x367, 21K)

>I gave examples and you refused to listen to the

Except you didn't, you spouted opinionated pseud bullshit that doesnt exist, you are just trying to spin your dislike of certain accents as having concrete reasons for why that is. You can just dislike a thing without confounding people with your uneducated bullshit

>ab homonim
come up with arguments

>hurr pointing out that a completely different word was used is arguing semantics
retard

have sex

Attached: 1549863721301.jpg (607x607, 33K)

>Hostia tío salid de aquí cargando leches

Can't we have a neutral spanish dub?

You're america lite, piss off and get real

>all these seething anglos
Your country sucks and no one wants to hear your shitty accent

Attached: eternal anglo.jpg (315x315, 40K)

>homonim
Cope

Attached: 657453743554.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

>more non prejentues

You're completely right OP. retarded Americans should stop doing terrible fake british accents that only fool spastics like you in video games. Americans are absolutely fucking retarded, I completely agree.

Attached: 34567.jpg (256x192, 10K)

Based

maybe because the majority of americans are retarded, brit accents are pretty easy to do

>Californian american accent

There is no such thing, where are you getting this? You mean surferbro and valley girl accents? Those arent cali exclusive

You leave Oswald Mosley alone.

American accents are cancer

Kino Tier:
>Yangus
>King Trode

I don't care about the rest

No that would be british ones

>>>>

Americans almost universally love most brit accents, so doubt that the people bitching are burgers.

B E A D Y

E

A

D

Y

>the voice of that fucking mermaid in DQ XI

Attached: 1398423785033.jpg (382x358, 56K)

No, those accents fit into "kinda fun and unique" category. I meant the most default, average, featureless american accent that's used in most american voice-acted vidya. I just put Californian in there because I presume that's where most of the voice actors live, that was probably a mistake.

Me on the right

I DONT THINK YOU KNOW WHO YOURE DEALING WITH HERE. LOOK AT ME, THIS IS ME IN REAL LIFE REATURD. YOU DONT WANT TO BE MOCKING ME I TELL YA. YOU LOOK LIKE SPASMOIDS, LIKE A GLASSES ON A POTATO. YOU KNOW, IM NOT A GUY YOU SHOULD BE MESSING WITH. I DONT LIKE CATS. I DONT THINK KITTENS AND PUPPY DOGS ARE CUTE. SO YOU WANNA THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU START MOCKING ME. YOU WOULDNT BE SAYING THIS IF YOU WERE STANDING IN FRONT OF ME. YOU'D BE COWERING. I MEAN, YOU NEED TO STOP THIS STUPIDITY OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES. NAMES ARE TAKEN AND YOULL BE SHAMED.

Attached: 45645354556332.jpg (600x621, 74K)

American men get jelly that brits get free attention from women.

Also friendly reminder that the only good American accent is southern. While the UK has dozens of distinct and wonderful accents.

That's just an unflattering photo.

homo

Based. You, my friend, have won this argument. Cheers to you, user... and cheers to video games!

Attached: 1453804502369.jpg (180x192, 16K)

America needs more Southerners in their media.

Being average and featureless is why the accent works for so many things, even people who would hate the accent know they'd need it. Unfortunately having a cast of brits is having a cast of posh gents and that just doesnt work for most games. But as to your last thing, a lot of them do live in cali but the other equally great portion live in texas and the rest are in canada, namely toronto

>this is what the anglos actually believe

Attached: tohe-age-of-kings-wewuzkangz-3945650.png (500x707, 211K)

These are your average brits.

Attached: 1564844032875.webm (720x1280, 2.93M)

Looks like an episode of Derek.

OP is fag

>American men get jelly that brits get free attention from women

Might have been the case when we mixed together less but now all brit guys are seen as those john oliver types, but with less wit

Honestly, everything should just be dubbed in Australian

Unironically based.

>stop trying so hard
wasn't hard at all

Maybe if they have his shit accent.

>tfw the sexiest British accent other than RP by polling data is Mancunian.

The norf wins again baby.

How? How in the world?

Yes, in the world. The only American accent that does well is southern, New Zealand wins though.

Yeah im sure you could go all day, bud

Attached: 1562640458511.png (283x306, 46K)

RP is the worst british accent. Fake ass manufactured elitist garbage. I'm an ESL and we were forced to exclusively parrot that shit.

maybe old english which is very similar to german, modern english is mostly french.

It's a big mix of the two really. A lot of words come from norman, but a lot come from saxon words. The divide is usually "who would have seen what." Cow comes from Saxon because they had the cows, beef comes from Norman because they ate them.

Imo they're all shite except cockney

No

Except it is, cow from the old English cou, beef from the French bouf.

I believe it has an option to play with the original jap voices instead.

>DQ
>Japanese voice acting

Pick one.

America is utter bollox simple as innit mate

too right our kid.

thanks history user!

Americans really are pathetic

Post some Veronica voices i need to know!

I just described how "whiny" can be described for an accent then added, cali accent is similar
sorry i rubbed you the wrong way i guess

Imagine a game like Dark Souls with American accents instead of Brit ones.

Attached: 1547949775740.gif (320x289, 1.12M)

imagine getting angry on the internet

must suck when your own people leave you to start a country and end up infinitely more powerful than you

What.

Can't even spell 'perfected' right

The REAL problem with "British" voice acting is

>want game to have British-sounding characters
>hire Americans to fake the accent
>direct them to make the most forced, stereotypical limey-ass voice they possibly can

Watch some British people talking on TV or something
Then listen to the voice acting in Dragon Quest

Shit's a fuckin' joke

user, I have something shocking to tell you but the voice actors in Dragon Quest 8, and 11, are British.

twinfinite.net/gallery/meet-the-voice-actors-of-dragon-quest-xis-cast/9/

That only makes it worse

Playing a DQ game with a JP voice track is a sin. That's why it wasn't in the original.

Who was the voice director? The Dragon Quest games literally try to cram as many different accents in as possible, then crank them up to 11. So I'd be surprised if there wasn't some outside meddling involved.

It does because it shows that the director wanted hammed up performances. It's the same reason why I can't stand Bayonetta while others may get a diamond dick from her.

I don't know. One of my main enjoyments in 8 was hearing Yangus's accent cranked up

youtube.com/watch?v=BzrhywwlqSc

>AMERICANS complaining that other people sound nasally.

Every American sounds like they've shoved paper up their noses.

This is what Latin Americans feel when you stupid American fucks go to Spain to dub a game into Spanish. Their Spanish sounds like a nail through your fucking ear hole.

Why would Americans do Spanish dubs
Are you sure that's not, like
Spain, maybe

what a fucking comeback

Play DQ4 or 5
Those games have no voice-acting, but they still ham up the accents up to 11.
In 4 there's a ridiculously Scottish town, several ridiculously Russian towns, a cockney town, two Indian chicks in not-France, it's all over the place.
And in 5 the main villain talks like this.

Attached: 1537607675658.png (1528x1440, 2.48M)

American as an identity was always nebulous. the country's simply too young.

Yeah it's the same, uncultured american swines cry because they don't like the proper version of the language they speak
english > northamerican's gibberish
spanish > southamerican's gibberish

"Well howdy Ashen one!"

>And in 5 the main villain talks like this.
Giving me flashbacks to the Hammer Bros that talked in 1337 in Partners in Time

>cow (caow) is cou (kuh)

even when its meant to be shown as a horrible example, its still not THAT bad. clear proof that american voices are more tolerable

>all the people ITT who dont know that the modern british accent is actually NEWER than the american accent
seriously your argument that british voices are better because its what english is supposed to sound like is beyond ridiculous

No you moron, the BBC presenter accent is NEWER to accommodate other countries, the regular accents are older and more in line with older English.

I can't remember where but I distinctly remember learning that the "British accent" we know today was formed after America declared independence, and that American accents are closer to how Brits spoke before then

That's spelling wise. Not accent wise. All accents were formed recently. Accents change all the time.

>That's spelling wise.
No, American spelling is a result of the printing press, where unnecessary letters were cut to save money when printing was charged on a per-letter basis.

So if the English didn't invent English, who did?

Attached: [visible confusion].gif (280x302, 3.75M)

Are you the Inverness shitposter that keeps getting my mobile data connection banned?

only if you are American, I hate the American accent with every being of my soul. Whenever an American child talks I wanna strangle them, I want to nuke the entirety of the U.S.A + Anglo-Canada to get rid of your disgusting accent.

>Yes, let's learn from the cunts that nuked us twice and irrecoverably destroyed our culture into the modern day

That's a myth that got passed around a few years ago. While it's true that some American accents do have some similarities to older English (because of course it would), just as English accents have similarities to older English. Overall though, the American accent has deviated just as much as the English accent.

This is a rumour that I came across so it could be pure bullshit, but I also heard that it was mainly out of spite as well, because the Americans wanted to try and cut ties with England as much as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=qrqZ0Nhh1jc

fuck off we're full

>Yea Forums is in a state where western dubs are seen as acceptable
This place reaches new lows every passing day

Attached: 1226091668118.gif (243x236, 40K)

>irrecoverably destroyed our culture into the modern day
Japan recovered from the War remarkably well
Astoundingly well

You can't even tell they got nuked, when I imagine most countries would still be fucked up

Yeah man, Yea Forums is maturing right in front of our house and is straying away from being retarded weebs, acknowledging that a good VA performance is a good VA performance regardless of origin. Because goddamn some Nip Voice Acting is fucking bad.

the absolute state of modern "society"

English dubs are shit.
>first time, voice actors don't know what they're playing as
>voice actors dont know what's happening in the scene so they have to guess
>voice actors cant hear other characters, so again, they have to guess and do what they're given

Are you retraded?
are you fucking implying that the latine acting is better?

>>transgender gay muslim woman
does he throw himself off a building?

I didn't realise we had gone back in time to the 90s.

That's why Indian accent is annoying. It's based on the British one.

The fact that you went straight to "English dubs" are shit rather than "dubs" are shit, shows that you are not worth talking to about this topic.

Yeah I turned it off after about five minutes. You should do the same. I played games for years without voice acting and it was just fine.

Not until Yea Forumsmigrants run it to the ground further

How would you even dub this retarded dialogue without any cringe?

>Geordie accents
>Scouse accents
>norf accents in general

most UK accents are shit. The only good ones are RP/london and welsh

Attached: 149181920193.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

The british one is better, american voice acting either sounds like a bunch of virgins trying to imitate be the chads you found on the beach in the case of guys, or a turbo bimbo in the case of girls.
It's disgusting and cringe af.

This is one of the problems with dubs honestly. Lines/dialogue that sounds fine in one language, can sound retarded in another. This problem rears its head more the bigger the cultural/language gap, which is why so many dubs from Japanese to English AND English to Japanese need a lot of work to at least be passable.

i cant believe how retarded you are user

Okay, fag.

Australia was settled about a hundred and fifty years after the US was
Non-rhotic accents became common between then and this was commented on by American observers at the time
So you’re wrong

this is the funniest Jidf post of all time

he posted it again

Reminder that Dragon Quest XI is one of the few japanese games that should be played with the English Dub. Like Persona 4 and Nier Automata for 9S.

>generic american voices
instant shit, mhw should have done meme accents like dragon's dogma

are you sure they're actually britons and not just the usual americans doing a shit voice?

It's true. This WE WANT LITERAL TRANSLATIONS ANYTHING ELSE IS CENSORSHIP crap is why almost every single dub is a safe, featureless union affair nowadays. Every good localisation there has ever been changed things.

Answered here

They do this with every religion, primary school kids get taken to churches, synagogues and buddhist temples and they do the exact same shit. This is with every school, it's part of R.E

>welsh
fucking no

>this entire thread
ETERNALLY SEETHING and OBSESSED

Attached: 10643505.jpg (512x288, 30K)

fair enough
if the direction's gonna be shit anyway, best they get people with the actual accent in, i reckon

>mfw ironic weebs consume Japanese media with English dubs
>They're an absolute plague in this thread

Attached: 442962.png (344x324, 123K)

Funny how all the britfags are defaulting to muh amerimutts when even the french are better english VAs than you cunts

not just that, depending on the country you also have different "cultures" surrounding dubbing
for example in Germany most movie dubs are fine
videogames are oftentimes horrible though because most videogame voice actors usually don't work in movies but in audio plays, so you have them not trying to sound like the characters would realistically in the plot's situation but rather trying to speak as cleanly and perfectly audible as possible

The voice actors are terrible, but their voices are fine. They keep emphasizing the wrong words and giving inappropriate emotion into the conversation (getting really angry for no reason).

JYB said that shit in a recent DMC podcast. Compare his voice acting in anime to DMC. DMC one is miles better.

>all these people in this thread who seem to imply that all british accents are the same
i bet they're the same ones who get miffed when people do a texan accent to represent american ones

based, the british accent is abhorrent

Frenchfag here.
I have lived in England for four years now and there are so many accents I discover new ones regularly in the surrounding area.
Half of them are incomprehensible to a foreigner. Then you have the standard chav and posh accents which I assume is what most amerimutts have in mind. Chav is barely intelligible but you wouldn't want to hear what they have to say. Posh accent/Queoueen'zz English can be infuriating too. But of all things pakis are the worst.
Most middle class people speak with perfectly fine accents (depends on region) in a rather pleasing language. But you rarely hear them in media.

>lot-cloth split
uhh what? pretty sure the vowel in both of those is the same phoneme

The only good thing that came out of ARR dub was Gaius. Listening to ARR Alph vs. Heavensward onwards is the difference between night and day.

Attached: 20180522070455_1.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

Filthy amerifat incapable of enjoying the beauty of recieved pronunciation

this game has dual audio but everyone on youtube plays with english voices because they only want to laugh at the voice acting and not play the game

You are 100% wrong, the British accent today in general is newer than the American one.

can you post an example of the type of accent you find so annoying

There was no original voice language and the original script is Japanese.

>Better than original dub
you think this because you're a dubfag. it's not special at all.

SHUT YOR MOUF
youtube.com/watch?v=uCDPsA9wrCc

a lot of dubfags don't comprehend you can switch voice language - they just think "ew these voices suck" and complain without ever checking the options.

they aren't.

>It's unanimously accepted to be a huge improvement over the original, even by weebs
you're delusional. does playing xenoblade dubbed cause brain rot? i've never seen people get this huffy about anything else, even other "good dubs" like cowboy bebop.

>wanting something with the original audio is a bad thing
I guess I can't blame it on the same people who think reading subtitles is too hard.

Hello, Nige.

this artist sucks.

Xenoblade in Japanese is a trope-filled snorefest. Nobody would give a shit about Reyn if not for the dub, because he's just le folded-arms strongman in Japanese. The dub gave the characters character.

if you prefer your games rewritten by californians why don't you just play western games?

A lot of sub fags are just weebs, and only care if it's Japanese. I wonder how many "sub" faggots actually play Metro in Russian, Witcher in Polish etc.

>rewritten by californians
Why are you talking with authority about things you genuinely know nothing about?

Attached: 1403905286388.gif (300x300, 2M)

oh yeah wrong game, i'm not used to talking about the first. rewritten by bong faggots.

You are still experiencing a rewritten game. You are just choosing to read it instead of listen to it. When the performance and characterisation is a substantial improvement, like in Xenoblade, there is literally no reason to play it with subs.

>When the performance and characterisation is a substantial improvement, like in Xenoblade

Attached: 1496575675006.jpg (249x265, 23K)

original audio + dubtitles = understanding slightly more than if you used the dub