Destroy pokémon for more money

>destroy pokémon for more money
I guess I will not gonna buy a Switch anymore

Attached: nintendo-logo.png (1200x675, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/40ulD7mZidY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get a switch and hack it

>only buying a console for 1 game
>blaming Nintendo for Game Freak's laziness

That's 2 strikes, care to go for a 3rd?

I don't get why this is such a big deal. I mean, I understand the problem, but why is it so problematic for people. Did people really think every Pokemon game would have all the old pokemon + more with all their possible attack animations? Wouldn't that be an endless amount of work at some point?

I mean, sure, i'm not happy with it either and I'm kinda dissapointed that Sword/Shield is the game that turns out to be the one where this ends, but we all knew this would be happening at some point, right?

It's a bit like expecting all the previous characters will return again for smash 6.

it's be easier to make every pokemon in every game if they stopped creating 100 shitty new ones every gen

>>only buying a console for 1 game
>>blaming Nintendo for Game Freak's laziness
I don't buy a console for a single game, but also I don't buy a console from a company responsible for destroying my favorite franchise, and yes, Nintendo is responsible, since they own a third of Pokémon.

Imagine the chaos if Nintendo announced a new pokemon game with no new pokemon

>blaming Nintendo for GF's jewery
Are you fucking retarded?

>if they stopped creating 100 shitty new ones every gen
We don't have more than 100 new Pokémon per gen since gen 5

They already have all the animations, models and textures from the 3DS games. They just chose not to port them all because they're lazy. Literally 0 new work on assets on their part. It's all done and was made "future proof" (their words).

Nintendo owns a third of the franchise.

I heard they rebuild all the models/animations for Sword/Shield (their words)

I agree, you should be spending the money on english lessons instead

Nintendo has the same authority over Pokémon as Game Freak, retard

Exactly, they can't control what the Pokemon company does. Go blame the other third, the ones that are making the game.

Game Freak also owns a third you retarded faggot
What, do you think Nintendo can just swoop in, tell them to make good gaem, and save the day?
You're a dumbass

the proof is in the footage, literally frame for frame animations ripped from the 3ds versions

Nintendo is part of the Pokémon Company

but The Pokemon Company also owns a third.
Who the fuck are we suppose to blame?

Gamefreak doesnt know what the fuck theyre doing other than making money from low effort. The game will still sell. Its fucking pokemon.

If they did, they rebuilt even the minor errors in the models, with textures that look exactly the same, doing exactly the same animations.
Either they're lying (most likely) or they're absurdly fucking stupid to not change a single minor detail from the previous games and still claim you made them from scratch.
There's also NO REASON to make them from scratch. LGBT also has the same animations for every one of the Kanto Pokemon from the previous 3DS games. Not a single change.

The Pokémon Company is owned by Creatures Inc, Gamefreak and Nintendo.

>Nintendo isn't developing this series at all
>They have always been completely hands-off
>But they own 1/3 of it (not even a majority) so they're totally responsible when it turns out shit

>What, do you think Nintendo can just swoop in, tell them to make good gaem, and save the day?
Yes, they can

That doesn’t mean they have control
Go bitch at Creatures Inc and get them to use they’re 1/3 control

GAME FREAK YOU DUMB NIGGER
GAME FREAK DEVELOPS THE SHITTY GAME
"GAME FREAK" IN QUOTES, GOOGLE IT

>my favorite franchise
Holy mother of godawful taste, Batman!

You're really telling me that a company like Nintendo can't control Pokémon? Geez, how ignorant...

They've literally never been the primary developer for Pokemon games.

Iwata was involved in the development of the gen 2, you know.

Town better be good.

>It's called Sirfetch'd and not Nearfetch'd

DROPPED

No, I hope it's shit.
Game Freak's arrogance, putting the A team on Town and the B team on Pokemon, frankly deserves to be checked. Not like any of GF's non-Pokemon games are that good. Maybe Drill Dozer.

Like we give a fuck about what you buy or not
Fucking pokedrones, that's what you deserve after allowing game freak to do whatever the fuck they wanted

Why don't they just release the GB games on the eShop? I don't understand how the 3DS has GB, GBC, and GBA games but Switch has fuck all.

>but also I don't buy a console from a company responsible for destroying my favorite franchise,
Good thing GF didn't make the Switch huh.

Iwata was not an employee of Nintendo until after Gen 2 launched. At the time, he'd have still been the President of Hal Labs. He became a Nintendo employee in 2000, taking up the head Corporate Planning position.

Pokefags will be so based that they are pulling their hair off
Kek

I don't think it's that big of a deal either but there should be more quality to the games regardless. GF doesn't even have to work on models and animations. Another company does all that.

Surely you meant to blame these fuckers instead. But it's okay let's all be good goys and play the shitty gacha game that is just as bad as Sword and Shield.

Attached: tpc.png (270x80, 5K)

Read nigger read developer: Gamefreak
Says it right there

>DQ11 is getting a switch demo after the DQ summer fest
AAAAAAAAHHH
youtu.be/40ulD7mZidY

Attached: 1564022359122.png (500x341, 99K)

Redirect all your hatred towards TPC, i guess nintendo too since they are too much of a pussy to tell GF to get their shit together but still.

>It's a bit like expecting all the previous characters will return again for smash 6.

You know damn well people will boycott the shit out of smash 6 if they remove any character right?

>Wouldn't that be an endless amount of work at some point?
Thing is the reason the 3ds games ran like shit is because they used models meant for a HD system so they could continue to use them for the foreseeable future. In other words the amount of work needed wouldn't be as great as you would expect for the amount of monsters it's also why they only have 3 or 4 attack animations for each kind of moves.
But they've apparently discarded all of them and started from scratch.

If Nintendo had any say in the main games would have been better after Gen 2 already.
Honestly, after Iwata saved the franchise the way he did and Nintendo making sure Pokémon is a global hit, the IP should have been taken away from Game Freak right at Gen 2.

its fake outrage

Except they won't, they've already established that Ultimate is a one time thing.

Sakurai literally already said they're removing characters. They can't maintain all the third partiess and obviously some of the first parties are stupid, like the 15 fire emblem Marth clones or the 3 links.

>half of the dex gone
>megas gone
>less than 60 new pokemon
>terrible graphics
>old pokemon models ripped from 3ds
>pokemon models are still lifeless
>move animations are the exact same as 3ds >same cut and paste game

Yet you're still going to buy it

>This thread
It's like blaming Steam for Saints Row 3.

The issue isn't just the pokemon.

Pokemon games have been getting progressively lazier since X and Y. Postgame content generally hardly exists anymore. Masuda removed the Battle Frontier from ORAS because he thought it'd be too hard for new players, even though it was a beloved feature.

Not to mention the fact that events are now just handed in pokemon centers, instead of having the player quest for cool mythical pokemon.

The removal of Megas and to a lesser extent Z-Moves also sucks ass. Dynamaxing doesn't seem fun.

First of all you have no idea how many new Pokemon it will have. Second, the graphics aren't terrible. They only look bad in the wild which is a gimmick area you won't be spending much time in, they look good everywhere else.

Dynamaxing is way better than megas, since it only lasts 3 turns and everyone can do it.

>you won't be spending much time in
Wrong.

Let's hear how that process goes down in your head. Show us how well you understand the logistics of this triangle.

Does the footage confirm that the game is gonna be 720p docked? A bit miffed if thats the case, but if it can keep 720p and a stable frame rate in undocked, then it can be a damn good portable experience.

Attached: Glib+languid+koala_5c177b_7222920.jpg (900x900, 105K)

Emphasis on the "apparently"since it's obvious they're using the exact same models.

Good choice

It's literally just a three turn nuke button. Everyone who's tried it said it's not really fun.

t. digicuck

You will only spend a lot of time in the wild if you're gonna do the retarded "raid" gimmick. Otherwise remember that it has no gyms and no story content so obviously you won't by there long. It will basically be, run around for 0 minutes catching the different Pokemon available and then leave.

>You will only spend a lot of time in the wild if you're gonna do the retarded "raid" gimmick
Wrong. Watch the E3 footage

why would anyone buy a switch to begin with?

I didn't say it was fun I said it was better than megas which it is. Megas were restricted to a small pool of Pokemon and lasted forever which was stupid. Dynamaxing is just fixing some of the issues with mega evolution, I would still prefer no gimmicks be in the game but I definitely prefer dynamaxing over mega evolution.

>Did people really think every Pokemon game would have all the old pokemon + more with all their possible attack animations? Wouldn't that be an endless amount of work at some point?
No? All they're doing is porting models over from the previous gen, despite what they claim, and Switch cartridges have more than enough space to accommodate for it. They're just lazy. It's also far from the only issue this generation has.

You are completely retarded. The wild is not necessary to beat the game. You can literally run straight through it in 1 minute and never return.

They are not lazy, they are fucking incompetent. GF can't code for shit.

The Pokemon Company is a management body built to handle the Pokemon brand. It doesn't have any rights over Pokemon, rather it was established by the people that DO have those rights as a means of managing the multi-industry pursuits and developments. The owners are Game Freak, Creatures Inc, and Nintendo. It's an equal stake ownership between them, with differing responsibilities in the hands of each.

If you have distaste, point it at the relevant arm and stop fantasizing about Nintendo being responsible or even able to enforce upon the other two. Game Freak and Creatures are both private companies as well, so any sort of corporate buyout to expand ownership over the brand would have to be willing on both sides.

>get a switch for Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, Smash, Metroid, Pokemon, etc.
>Odyssey and Kart are great
>BOTW is good but way too large and empty
>Pokemon turned to shit
>Smash looks exactly the same as the last one but with more characters
>Metroid never ever
Getting a switch was a mistake. All that's getting released now are ports of games that came out years ago that everyone already has.

>thinking Dynamax will fix balance problems
no, sweetie that's not how it works
Giving Megas to shitmons like Mawile was how it was supposed to work. Game Freak just got crazy with giving Megas to Pokemon that didn't need them like Salamence.

Attached: chuckling-and-when-everyones-super-no-one-will-be-2meirl4meirl-31474419.png (500x409, 102K)

No that’s not how control and ownership works.
You might own a piece of the company but you can always be outvoted especially if someone else has majority stake.
Nintendo doesn’t have majority stake ergo can’t control Pokémon in it’s entirety

But astral chain looks amazing

I'm gonna do it for Team Yell and Sirfetch'd

feels bad that Hop is gonna be Hau#2 tho

Game freak, the people responsible for making pokemon so shit.

Just wait for the demo to find out

If they were truly just going to reuse all the old Pokémon models from the 3DS games, then no. Converting them all to the switch isint that massive of a task and if the 3DS can run with all the Pokémon from gen 1 to gen 7’ the switch should be able to run that plus 100 more easy. That’s all on top of the fact that this is all shit Nintendo could of prepped for and been working on consistently between the 3D games, updating and tweaking stuff. But they are well aware they don’t have to because sword and shield will sell just fine regardless if they spend half the dev time fapping about. We will never get a full fledged console mainline Pokémon game with graphics akin to the 4th gen models and animations of PBR on the Wii and that’s just fucking sad. They couldn’t even do the shit they said they would by tossing out a bunch of Pokémon and make the mons all look crazy good and full of life again.

>run around for 0 minutes catching the different Pokemon available and then leave

That's disingenuous at best and you know it.

Leaving aside the assumption that battling potentially stronger Pokemon and setting up to catch them would take no time and that Raids aren't of note, different Pokemon appear in different areas at different times in different weather conditions, which makes the pursuit more involved to begin with. Then there are players who engage in Shiny Hunting or pursue particular nature's and good IVs. Whether or not the catch combo system comes back to make that less time consuming, most serious collectors and competitive players actively pursue those facets of the experience which will result in a great deal of time spent in the Wild Area.

The Wild Area also connects several cities and towns, making it inherently necessary to engage with and spend time in. Furthermore, we don't know much about it, so we can't say for sure that the story won't engage with it or that there won't be important items, events, caves or NPC trainers there throughout the game.

If they want to completely sour their relationship with GameFreak. They only will step in if sales take a big drop (although I think this will happen soon. Pokemon should have gotten a sales boost several times recently, but it just kept on a flatline thanks to the factors that should have pushed it ahead, like Pokemon Go exploding in popularity or first 3d/hd games. They don't really have anything else to push sales at this point so we'll just see Gamefreak's work standing by itself).

>the reason the 3ds games ran like shit is because they used models meant for a HD system so they could continue to use them for the foreseeable future
and who told you that, gamefreak?
i swear pokedrones just like being beat up

>blaming nintendo for a separate company's doing
retard detected

I dunno, user. A Sun and Moon double battle in my 3DS was enough for me to notice a drop in FPS

>All that's getting released now are ports of games
You say this in every thread.

>boycotting the Switch over Pokeshit
How old or young do you have to be to do this?

>Game Freak just got crazy with giving Megas to Pokemon that didn't need them like Salamence.
Most megas went to shitmon user.

Funny, I'm playing Fire Emblem right now and it isn't a port.

Hence why we didn't get pokemon outfits in wooly world.

>gamefreak?
Yes in fact. They've said it in several interviews already that they wanted to reuse them as for the HD model claim, meet my friend Volcanion here. Including his additional parts his polycount is 10,000+

>i swear pokedrones just like being beat up
What? If I was a pokedrone I would be defending them like you currently are by denying these claims

Attached: download.jpg (252x200, 13K)

Is octopath a port too?
I mean, I used to think it wasn't but that user's post made me doubt.

Excuse me, that's a thumbnail

Attached: 1448293865833.png (688x546, 45K)

But will you gonna buy some English grammar lessons?

damn that's fucked up

It's a multiplat, so I suppose so?

Now the word port has really lost all meaning.

Attached: soy.jpg (866x768, 215K)

Gamefreak are gamers

>snoy

Attached: 4 the gays.webm (1280x720, 3M)

My sarcasm aside it debuted on the switch and was exclusive for a year so no, it'll never be a port no matter how many systems it goes to.

>Did people really think every Pokemon game would have all the old pokemon + more with all their possible attack animations? Wouldn't that be an endless amount of work at some point?
Yeah, it's not like they own the most successful franchise of all time with unlimited budget.
It's not like the pokemon were removed to save money for animations, and yet the animations are so shitty that a random student can do a better job in a few hours.
Pokemon has been sinking lower and lower in the past years, this is the last straw.

Attached: efd06cc93f1bd1cd3612b24c865338cf_display_large.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

What's wrong with being gay?

are bottle cap stats permanent from sun and moon? or are they saying fuck that. im too lazy to rebreed

>with unlimited budget.
Well they don't exactly have that but money isn't the problem, it's the fact that they have all of those assets for every pokemon up to gen 7.
Even an indie crew could do what they could do with those assets.

Yes they're permanent, however getting your Pokémon to level 100 is a fucking chore, so just use PKHeX or PKSM instead.

Oh no dude it's even worse, they 'futureproofed' the 3DS models, then couldn't import them onto the Switch's hardware, so they had to remake every single model from scratch.

JUST

i already have all my pokes to 100 now i just hope gf won't jew me out by eliminating my transfers. also megas was absolutely a good idea and so was those stones from S&M

>couldn't import them

Attached: 768.png (910x906, 335K)

You posted the wrong logo you faggot this is all on GF

If your Pokémon have unoptimal IVs I suggest you to save time and use the tools I told you. Nintendo hardly does shit like bans on 3DS anymore. I have no idea why would they eliminate your transfers.

>blaming Nintendo for Game Freak's laziness
nintendo co-owns pokemon. i haven't seen them telling game freak to get their shit together, have you? why is nintendo the only part of the franchise that consistently gets a free pass on its decline?

Attached: 175629.gif (500x382, 487K)

I'm talking about normal human beings, not competitive Pokemon players who should fucking kill themselves. I am so sick of competitive players whining about games that clearly aren't designed for competitive play. The goal in Pokemon for the vast majority of players is to catch their favorite Pokemon and beat the elite 4. Probably 5% of people also try to complete their pokedex. Competitive players do not even make up .1% of the player base.

>Playing pokemon
Pussy.

I want to buy switch to play manly games for real men, like Smash or Fire Emblem

What are they supposed to do?
Nintendo has absolutely no power over Gamefreak.

im talking about how not every Pokemon is transferrable

>co-owns pokemon
They only own a third of it, meaning they can't impose them to do anything. The thing is, Pokemon has been doing fine saleswise, so they can't tell them to up their game either.

nintendo co-owns the pokemon company. why can't nintendofags accept any criticism of their corporate gods?

See the post above yours.

>nintendo co-owns pokemon. i haven't seen them telling game freak to get their shit together,
One, they have their own work to do.
Two, it's not their call.

>why can't nintendofags accept any criticism of their corporate gods?
Why are you so desperate to connect this to Nintendo?
Almost like you are just a SEETHING consolewarrior...

back in the gold/silver days, iwata stepped in and fixed game freak's shit so they could finally release the game after numerous delays.
nintendo has stepped in before, the only reason they aren't doing it now is because they're complacent with the mediocrity of nu-pokemon. it's the same complacency that also drives them to release nothing but ports, rehashes and overpriced cardboard and still never fix their abysmal online service.

Attached: 1551918134915.jpg (2048x1048, 197K)

>why can't nintendofags accept any criticism
Maybe if you actually had some there wouldn't be a problem. Instead you throw problems belonging to others on to them.

To put it in terms you may understand it would be like blaming Sony for David Cage making shitty games.

1- nintendo big company
2- gamefreaks not big company
3- if power struggle, gamefreaks weaker
4- nintendo say "do thing", gamefreaks will "do thing"
I tried to make it as clear as possible for you

Wow.
This is really the mind of a shitposter at work huh.

No, that was gamefreak begging Nintendo for help.
Nintendo didn't simply barge in and demand a game which is developing fine change shit.

>3- if power struggle, gamefreaks weaker
That's not how it works

I don't play strategy games.

>a game which is developing fine
kek.

Attached: high quality animations 3.gif (294x235, 2.35M)

GF should never have changed from 2D to 3D.

It's on time, which is all that matters.
The problem you used was Nintendo "stepping in" to solve a problem that would have prevented the game from coming out at all.

game freak was never good at 2d either.

Attached: gbcjrpgs.png (640x576, 211K)

fuck you drone, fuck you, I know you're just fishing for >you because I refuse to believe someone can be this stupid
I'll pretend you're not ironic you fuck scumbag redditor trash so read well
-they have almost unlimited budget and access to any talent in the world because they're fucking pokemon and work for fucking nintendo, any dev would flock right in even with the minimum standard pay for the job
-they ALREADY MADE the assets, that's the point of sun and moon, they just need to upscale the models, at WORST they'll need to upscale the textures too
so your shit argument "it's too hard to do" is fucking null, they're the laziest company ever and don't you dare telling me most models are hard to do, just look at most pokemons, they're nothing more than a ball, or maybe a few of them, models are SIMPLISTIC
-don't you EVER talk about animations, all of them are absolute SHIT, the buffs and debuffs are just a 2D aura that clips most of the time, the animation attacks are fucking trash and each pokemon has less than 10, and once again they already exist in su/mo
-finally, something you would know if you weren't a summerfag motherfucker if that EACH gigamax (or whatever the name of this new gimmick is) is made from the ground up, it's not a regular pokemon scaled up with a halo, NO, it's a NEW MODEL because they're THIS incompetent
>It's a bit like expecting all the previous characters will return again for smash 6.
fucking kill yourself, of course they'll be back otherwise it will be a failure, how can you even muster the retardation to think otherwise?
fucking kill yourself

No, but they were miles better at it compared to 3D.

It's also worth noting that the graphics were downgraded for gen 2 outside of the obvious addition of color.

Sakurai said Ultimate was a now or never situation and that any future game will have to be a reboot.

yea i was gonig to buy a switch just for pokemon but the game looks like such lazy recycled trash that i'll just wait until switch lite gets hacked to buy one

I wonder if you guys know the main reason for all of this because of Town and caring about the mobileshit more than the main franchise itself.

Attached: 0C3B4BD3-9572-46D7-8774-2F921688073D.gif (267x200, 729K)

I'm waiting for the pro now. Luigi's Mansion's tempting though.

>Yet you're still going to pirate it
FTFY

Gamefreak is in charge of the game, not Nintendo

Wow, I completely forgot about Town. I think Game Freak did too, given that we haven't heard anything since February.

If Nintendo actually owned Pokemon and paid attention to the state that SwSh is in, they would've delayed it like MP4.

When people want something, they also want it to be as good as it can be typically. Whats happening with pokemon right now is that they are failing to meet basic expectations (which are very low for the average pokemon fan). For the first mainline console game, its looking very dissapointing, especially since it seems that they aren't trying harder or even seem enthusiastic about it.

oof

I'll get a used copy

>destroy pokemon
based
buying a switch right now

You don't understand.