Granblue Versus

GBV is launching with only 11 characters
>No cowtits
>No more armpits
>No Gay angels
>Barely any waifus
>Fuck all play style variety

This is about the same as a super budget ArcSys releasing in the arcades. DBFZ got 24 characters. Make sure you order the season pass though!

Attached: 1541493320484.png (680x680, 732K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zUUJ_cyHSMI
versus.granbluefantasy.jp/system/rpgmode?lang=en
twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1157586227756855297
twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1157606770811949059
pixiv.net/member.php?id=5362
granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=3853
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RPG mode
youtube.com/watch?v=zUUJ_cyHSMI

casuals are gonna take a dump on that roster number

>no cog
>no draphs
>no nothing
>but they still shoved Lowain in there
Honestly fuck this game

>No Gay angels
That's a good thing though

>No more armpits
But Metera is in

I'm going to buy the game anyway because every fighting game fucks you in the ass one way or another so I'm used to it.

Attached: 1545479239244.jpg (840x700, 368K)

Thats what they want you to think
Then they shove Vane and Sieg in there to cement this kusoge as dead

Cast is balanced to 5 to 5 male/female
Ladiva is counted as other ingame so I guess it's not either

>no cowtits
and that's a good thing

versus.granbluefantasy.jp/system/rpgmode?lang=en

>eleven characters

holy fuck that's low

even smash 64 had twelve

Every notable fighting game released on console save for UNIB has had more than 11, this is just next level jewery

What annoys me the most is they kept saying "Oh these are just the simple starting characters, more variety is coming!" Then we got Percival who is a little different but mostly a shoto, and now we only have 3 more. I hope they get enough backlash to delay the game.

ArcSys trying to do simple games has been a failure, BBtag was the best and that is just fun kuso.

The game has done so much for casuals, but how can this miss casuals love a big roster? Look at any casual discussion of a fighter and it is 90% I WANT THIS GUY NO THEY SUCK ADD HER etc. Casuals want a load of random characters that feel different. It will still sell well in Japan cause of freebies, but this will bomb in the west

Attached: 1558442957440.jpg (1500x916, 422K)

>Small roster
>The characters they picked are garbage on top of that

Attached: 1539911704152.png (794x872, 278K)

>No draphs
what the fuck are they thinking. draph titties are one of the most popular things among people who don't play granblue. Naru is an obvious pick for trying to grab a wider audience.

You are forced to boycott it when they announce Vira so the roster size and variety doesn't matter.

Everyone outside of here seems to be eating this shit up
fightan will die and normalfags killed it

Well there's only 3 characters left
Zeta uses a spear which means she'll be braindead simple too
Vaserage will be auto-footsie with super armor
Metera is the only one that might be complex

Aliza is literally perfect for a fighting game, if they don't put her in at some point I have no idea what the fuck they're doing

I want pits!

um you got ladiva sweetie

>I hope they get enough backlash to delay the game
But the most is THAT SPECIFIC POINT.
We have to wait until february 2020 to get a game with 11 fucking characters, so they only have 3 announcements that we already fucking know.
Holy shit, what a fucking shit show this game is, Cygames are fucking retarded.

Vaseraga is still coming

>People surprised that gayblue fantasy has a gay roster

>beat em up with a glorified versus mode
When you think about it like that, it's actually worth it
What were they thinking

Attached: 17.jpg (1152x563, 221K)

Some of those might be DLC though

Day 1 buy for me and there’s nothing you can do to stop me.

>Everyone outside of here
I've seen a lot of complaints mixed with praising the RPG mode. Even the positive people go 11 is a really bad look. But yeah everyone is enamoured enough by pretty graphics and the idea it will be big. This will be DBFZ all over again

Man there was so much potential in these characters and it has just gone no where.

Don't worry bro, the first Season Pass character will be available at launch so they actually 4 announcements left

Attached: 1542110559194.jpg (359x391, 71K)

>Naru is an obvious pick for trying to grab a wider audience
Naaaah, it's better to sell her as DLC user, be smart for once.

Attached: 1560308688047.png (262x254, 106K)

Don't worry she'll save the roster

Attached: 3a963bb50d10d13f16712dc1da9d293aaa34fb41_s2_n1.png (624x755, 561K)

>save the popular girls for s1 pass
jewery

>draph titties
Ladiva is a beautiful girl, but she's a pettanko.

Is no one gonna point out that the reduced cast is probably due to assets being relocated to create the RPG mode and the boss fights?

>its Vane

Attached: 1564554611156.png (184x184, 49K)

>The game actually has less complex characters than Dragon's Crown

Attached: 1550796510335.png (238x292, 35K)

>they have the rest of the year to announce a whopping 3 characters
They've been doing a bad enough job of keeping it a relevant topic already with how sparsely they put out news, holy fuck

>Evo weekend
>Literally the most competitive players
>Let's reveal a single player mode and announced that we have the smallest launch roster for a fighting game in years

Attached: 1543732176049.jpg (900x900, 78K)

not really, she's not that popular among Granblue fans, so the DLC won't be appealing enough with her, but she is popular among casuals who might not even buy the game without her.

>No cowtits
Wrong

Attached: Ladiva 2.jpg (600x720, 118K)

GGXrd launched with a big animated story mode and far mor complex characters with more moves
>but arcade
Wasn't the version I paid full price for. Cygames has the money, they could have planned better

>not really, she's not that popular among Granblue fans
twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1157586227756855297
Yeah, sure.

>Make Versus, a fighting game
>Also make Relink, an action RPG
>Use the Versus budget to do an action RPG anyway, so you have no budget left to make an actual fighting game
Literally, unironically what the FUCK were they thinking

Attached: 1539350953261.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

I sure love mantits

>animated story mode
And this has the story mode plus several bosses and mooks

This big animated story you're talking about doesn't have boss fights, enemy NPCs, equipment systems, leveling mechanics and co-op.

>ArcSys trying to do simple games has been a failure, BBtag was the best and that is just fun kuso.
This is true. There's some good ideas in GBVS but the game had a lot of issues just from the closed beta. Shame, Granblue has a varied cast with crazy powers and Cygames insisted on trying to be SFII all over again.

Games that ASW is working on:
Blazblue CTB DLC
DBFZ DLC
Granblue Versus
new Guilty Gear
rumored DBFZ sequel

That should explain everything.

But they have Single Player :^)

>all that dlc baiting they can pull off
Man it must feel good being Arcsys

>Tranny
>2 Homo knights
>2 dykes
>Bull and BLACKED characters
Nice SJW game

What are you? Poor?

>The weapon skin feature allows you to apply the appearance of certain weapons to others, even in Versus mode!
That's neat.

Bad user

>I want a modern fighting game to have a tekken force like mode again!

Attached: monkeyspawHQ.jpg (1000x541, 119K)

Just going to ignore the far more complex character bit? That long animated story took a load of time an effort on a considerably smaller budget. The RPG mode isn't an excuse.

WHY IS LOWAIN IN THE BASE ROSTER

>on console
>save for UNIB
UNIEL had 14 in arcade and added 2 for console. UNIB never had a console release.

If you like fighting games, you get fucked in the ass. There hasn't been a single fighting game released without a controversy in over a decade. Unless you count Smash. That's just how this genre is.

Attached: 1549197804283.png (1080x1080, 858K)

>Weapon skins will actually apply outside of the RPG mode
Alright that's actually cool
Though with how many times I'd heard about how hard making new models for GG is, I can't imagine how them pushing this feature must've went

Base roster has 5 males, 5 females and a tranny.
I assume the Season Pass will keep the numbers equal so 2 males, 2 females and another tranny.

Might be bullshit but I remember reading that P5U is in the works too.

Omega+ implementation when?

Attached: 9f6c69546647749ceab6cc79eb0a92c8.jpg (791x904, 125K)

*creamapi enters the arena*

So will the DLC be five Viras?

The director for P4U said that he wants to make it but there hasnt been any news or anything on it

I highly doubt the complexities of the character is gonna factor into the cost more than rendering the character itself. Are you gonna ignore the fact that a completely separate game mode =/= a visual novel?

Don't worry, he's gonna silently be replaced with another Knight close to release since they still can't bother with making him playable

No. The only guarantees are the rest of the homoknights, along with a pair unit consisting of already existing homoknights.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did SamSho have any controversy related to it?

>DURR 11 characters! What a travesty!!

Are you all filthy secodaries or what?

Attached: 296A9452-5C8D-4445-91E8-A9EFAB0790B9.jpg (739x415, 79K)

Sandalphon
Vira
Narmaya
Another dude
Another girl

>I highly doubt the complexities of the character is gonna factor into the cost
The characters have less normals and less moves. That is less to animate. When every character's combos are the same there is much less to think about and work on. There is less going on mechanically so there is less to work on.

>a visual novel
Confirmed for not even playing it

>completely separate game mode
You guys have spent months going on about how Cygames can dump millions into esports, yet all of a sudden they are so poor and can't afford anything. ArcSys did a lot on a small budget, more complex characters and a big 3D animated story mode along with other single player. Cygames have done a little despite their potential.

Attached: 1563500950961.png (2804x763, 1.47M)

looks like dungeon fighter

>Cog confirmed

Show me the gameplay segments of Guilty Gear's story mode.

>The last breath of a dying company trying to revive after it's staple was taken away from it
>From 2008
Wow, good comparison. You gonna post Karate Champ next?

If i recall Tekken 7 didnt had any mayor drama, nor samsho or unist

>game made by a dying company with 0 budget
wow user great contribution

>gameplay
Oh, so you just don't know what visual novel means. I guess you think all movies are visual novels.

Looks like to me time constrains rather money constraints though

yeah the gameplay sucks

>No Beato
>No Eustace
>No Cagliostro
>No Ayer or Jamil
>No Sara or Sarunan
>No Narmaya, Aliza, Izmir or Sturm
>No lesbian

>Two homoknights
>Metera
>>>>>>>Lowain
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ladiva

The roster isn't just small bros, the choices fucking suck too

Attached: 1541222353947.png (584x570, 423K)

>GBV is launching with only 11 characters
This for real?

>game with characters that have more specials
Actual literal retard

Calamity Trigger cost as much as your school lunch to make, and it STILL had more than 11 characters when it came to consoles.

twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1157606770811949059

What do we think about this

Attached: 1564249900701.png (1346x757, 994K)

>story mode in versus is literally just a recreation of the gacha game
why do people still play the gacha?

I'm pretty sure their presentation style is aiming to be as close to a visual novel as possible. Just because they use 3D models doesn't change that fact. Unless you insist Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma are movies?

I like Ladiva for being a showy grappler which fits perfectly in a fighting game, but what the FUCK is Lowain doing in this game?

SmaSho: PC version later than console release, shit graphics
Tekken: Took forever to release, DLC took even longer, promised that legacy characters wouldn't have to be paid for but then you had to buy them anyway

The new artstyle is shit
>Mappa
QUALITY soon

Not GBVS so I don't care

It has more than 11 characters

they have more characters

Keep ignoring UNIST dumb Smashfag

Um, 11 is loads for a beat'em up

Attached: 1.png (768x448, 126K)

>Wanting Aliza or Izmir
lmao fucking secondary detected

>tfw no Nao gf...

Attached: 1494017967683.jpg (200x174, 27K)

I think this is supposed to be the fabled rpg fighting game tutorial we've all heard about. Can't wait to see this backfire

Emphasis on "or". They should have at least one female draph (No, Ladiva doesn't count), regardless of which one they pick.

Narmaya is DLC because that makes them more money

>Fighting game launches with a beatemup mode
As one of the 3 people here that like single player modes in fighting games as something to do in between matches, I'm happy they're doing what many people have already suggested. I just hope the mode is fun/well made instead of jank and stupid.

Is Lowain in just because they already decided to include Yggs for the RPG mode, and wanted to get full mileage out of it

When people asked for single player modes, they meant "in addition" to the rest of the game, not in spite of it.

Literally all the characters are dev favorites, nobody was picked based on popularity with the actual players.

>just got done with grinding primals
>tfw have to do it all again but in a different game

Attached: 1515615823612.png (300x300, 60K)

They could just made a Zoi fight and make her character kinda lika Ygg but I guess they're saving her for dlc

Attached: 1548608038437.jpg (1173x1232, 310K)

unist was announced a month after they released uniel on pc so...

>they delayed guilty gear for this piece of shit $60 game with no content

Attached: 1550089133607.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

You can't have your cake and eat it. Next time, don't bother asking for single player.

Percival was

Ferry is literally the best girl and all you need.

When I asked for Rosetta in Versus, I meant as a playable character...

Attached: saddjeeta.png (504x512, 328K)

Thanks for saving me 60 bucks I guess

thats a dream

who are the dykes and blacked characters? I don't give a fuck about gran blue, but I didn't know it had this much gay shit in it.

>story is literally a few hour anime
>single player modes are just the same shit they had decades ago in their other games
Meanwhile Versus is getting an actual story with actual gameplay that is unique to the genre and has replay value and online coop
mmm

>delayed

Attached: 1536134916750.jpg (228x208, 38K)

There's a reason why fighting games don't do real single player modes anymore

Thanks for the gold moon i guess, hope you guys have some better luck with the free SSR ticket.

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-140241_Granblue.jpg (1080x2280, 1.28M)

Oh shit, neat. I'm a secondary who only knows GB from Versus and the first season of the anime so more anime is cool.

Percival is a dev favorite first, he just became popular with the players too

user, 10 characters is a lot for a fighting game. I mean do you really need 8 characters? 5 characters is pretty normal. I only expected 2 so 3 is amazing!

Same as with Gran, Lyria and Siero VAs he has an all time disponibility

Explain Blazblue then

11 characters in the base roster??
This was the fighting game I was looking forward to the most since playing the beta but... that's just pathetic.

Who the fuck cares about single player modes in fucking fighting games? Only retarded casuals that don't care about the competitive scene, you all can die for all I care. Only 11 fucking characters is ridiculous, AND they can be learned in under an hour. Are you fucking kidding me?

Attached: 1546103564846.jpg (297x649, 106K)

gib primal osts

Attached: tumblr_orllb0LVsh1sjs717o2_400.png (366x513, 152K)

I honestly think 11 characters is fine. I understand there's a lot of autistic screeching because people's favorite waifus didn't get in or whatever, but for a new fighting game, especially focused on bringing in the beginner audience, only having to learn 10 matchups for your preferred main is a good choice. I'm sure your titty wank bank or 9000 year old pedobait demons will get added in later anyway so stop your bitching.

It will have 5 more in season pass but honestly the most important part is that they will offer items for the mobile if you buy VS. That strategy is how they sell their animes blu-ray and works pretty well in asia.

>30 hour poorly written visual novel

>from the creators of Dororo S2 and Zombie Land Saga
QUALITY
Literally A1 pictures 1.2

who artist

Xrd on it's original release had 12 characters, don't go around pretending like granblue is some kind of reversal and rip off.

Attached: D4LWk-kUwAE6yqJ.jpg (900x1200, 154K)

No new assets aside from story art until the one where you had to fight the giant black thing

user, this line isn't working for you. Like said people want it in addition to a large roster. The RPG mode might not even end up good for all we know. MK11 launched with multiple modes and loads of customisation on top of 25 characters.

>but for a new fighting game
No it isn't. You have to keep saying what about the arcade version of budget Arcsys games for a comparison. It looks bad next to other modern fighters.

A roster size of 11 isn't going to bring in the cygames crowd.
A tacked on single player isn't going to bring in the casual audience.
A dumbed down fighter isn't going to bring in the FGC.
So who is this game for?

What if you can unlock the generic enemies from the RPG mode as characters?

Attached: 1544381995210.png (119x205, 19K)

don't forget $20 season pass

I wanted Grea to be playable but hell will freeze over before they add her.
At the very least, they should have Orchid.

>Literally all the characters are dev favorites
No.

Attached: 1548354310563.jpg (1190x1622, 483K)

>12 characters
Oh hey user didn't know you played in the arcades. Or that you had to pay $60 to play at the arcade.

>playing as nameless rank and file soldier
in your dreams

Attached: 1384738969922.png (2260x626, 159K)

The RPG mode is literally the same thing as the story mode in the gacha. It's made for fans of the game.
>sequel to a previous game has more characters than a completely new game
Do I need to refer to Xrd starting out with 12 characters again?

12 characters with depth, that's pretty good.
Granblue has 11 characters designed to be simple so beginners can understand them, they have no depth and can be learned in under an hour. It's fucking ridiculous.
They're simpler than SFV characters, and because of that I was expecting at least 20 of them for launch.

Arcade revenue generates more money than the console release probably

>You guys have spent months going on about how Cygames can dump millions into esports, yet all of a sudden they are so poor and can't afford anything
CyGames can have unlimited money and it wouldn't matter. ASW's modeling can't be outsourced, so they're limited to how much staff they have in-house. Hiring more staff on your own budget for a single contracted project is a really bad call. CyGames have no reason to front the bill for ASW's hiring costs unless they were looking to purchase the studio.

CyGames is a business, even if they want to publish good games they still don't want to make decisions that they know are going to lose money.

T7's arcade release was really, really bad. It was a great game by the time it hit console, but it still had some minor drama like the other guy brought up.

fug i got a second fire harvin staff.

>wanting a massive roster so that you can never learn all the match-ups
lmao

>but for a new fighting game, especially focused on bringing in the beginner audience, only having to learn 10 matchups for your preferred main is a good choice
Try reading the entire argument before responding to it next time

Why do you think how hard a character is to learn is relevant to how long it takes to make them?

They just need to make Juri playable

Attached: Npc_zoom_3030253000_02.png (960x800, 237K)

Dude, the only fucking matchup that is gonna be remotely hard are Lowain and Ferry. The rest are extremely dumbed down, simple characters

Im actually kinda curious on how much money arcades make these days in Japan

Attached: 1548729500546.png (1280x720, 572K)

I don't. But if they're gonna be simple there should be more of them. Or at least give them depth so I don't lose interest after a day because they're just that easy to learn.

>It's made for fans of the game.
Too bad they didn't make the characters fans wanted. People want both, not one or the other

>sequel
Okay then, DBFZ had 24.

>Do I need to refer to Xrd starting out with 12 characters again?
No cause everyone laughs at you for bringing up and arcade game vs the full release

You're still wrong though, and casuals weren't demanding less match up. You are desperately inventing reasons to justify it

Don't give FKHR ideas

Good thing Juri is among FKHR'S favorite character.

Melty Blood has 31 charracters each with 3 different styles that change up their movesets in large ways.
People still love that game, >muh matchup learning is not an excuse

I'm sure making characters for DBFZ is easy because they all have the same face and outfit.

>especially focused on bringing in the beginner audience
The ease of execution will help alot with bringing in casuals, but so far who in Granblue Versus does anything so interesting looking that a casual viewer might watch some footage and be wowed enough to try them out?
I haven't seen anyone I strongly want to play yet, more like "I can play Ferry or Kat if I ever get this" so far

Then delay the game. I don't have to care about the why as a consumer, I care about what is put in front of me at the end of the day.

melty blood is a dead game that nobody outside of like 3 people actually knows how to play or currently plays stop being delusional

>Using DBFZ as a counterargument when most of the characters in that game are nearly identical
LMAO
It's not like the IP really let them have any creativity in that department however. Granblue isn't like that.
>but arcade vs full release
It's the original release of the game, who the fuck cares if you retards can't play it if it was to launch in arcade?

>DBFZ had 24.
DBFZ is a 3v3. It's the equivalent of launching with 7-8 characters for a 1v1.

>You're still wrong though,
Based on what reasoning?

>and casuals weren't demanding less match up
It's not about what casuals are "demanding" it's about making a game that's easy for them to learn, and less matchups reflects that.

They're just armchair devs. People just assume a character done in xrd style will just be done as easily as Smash Ultimate.

No one now

Their best simple game was P4A.

I got the cyan tenga

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-161557-384.jpg (1080x1920, 1.21M)

They still exist and new arcade machines keep getting made so enough to still be profitable. Obviously not for every genre however, rhythm games seem to be much more successful while shmups kinda died.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Granbelm - 05 [720p]-2019-08-02-21h24m15s.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

>16 characters
>too much match-ups to learn
Sorry if we don't have a small bain like yours.

If they were going to have an RPG story mode this expansive, why didn't they just make the characters have actual depth?
Now they're just appealing to casuals with the story mode AND the extremely dumbed down characters, when they could've appealed to two audiences instead.

Attached: 1533923841581.jpg (1024x768, 151K)

>A roster size of 11 isn't going to bring in the cygames crowd
worked for the atlus crowd. P4 had only 2 more and they were an original and her clone. Plus GG and BB started with 12.

>A tacked on single player isn't going to bring in the casual audience
worked for BB more successful than GG ever was I think they broke a million in like "2" games

>A dumbed down fighter isn't going to bring in the FGC.
worked for dbzf and bbtag

lmao keep pretending like you know how to fight a good bedman in GG kid

People would complain less about the roster size if the roster was more interesting (both the choice of characters and their moveset). The size just makes the boring characters even more apparent.

We don't need both Gran and Katalina. They fulfill similar role both story-wise and gameplay-wise.
We don't need two homoknights.
We don't need two unpopular joke characters.
We don't need two zoning female erunes.

They should've picked more popular characters, more varied characters, and had more varied playstyles. And yes, the DLC might fix this, but that's irrelevant because people are going to decide to buy the base game based on the launch roster, not what could be added later.

Attached: ghostbanri.png (360x659, 151K)

How retarded can you be?

Because cygames wanted the game to be like SF2 turbo and not an airdasher

But they included most of the story characters that you'd have when you play the story + some other favorites from the time that the original story arc ran.

It's clear you don't actually know anything about granblue.

fuck me sideways
why 11?
11 is such weird number

And GBV characters play the same

>when most of the characters in that game are nearly identical
See above, you can't use that excuse when GBV is a baby game as well. This is literally the auto combo nightmare people described. It'd struggle to be more basic.

>who the fuck cares if you retards can't play it if it was to launch in arcade
Cause one isn't a full priced game. Paying a few pennies for a low amount of characters doesn't annoy people as much.

>DBFZ is a 3v3
They still produced that many characters. Making a game 3v3 doesn't magically mean you can make more

>Based on what reasoning?
That there was 0 demand for what you asked for, but there sure was for characters. The game is already as easy as it gets, you are making up a bad excuse cause you know 11 characters is a huge negative.

Why are you projecting your own issues on me?
Also, not a single GBVS character has the complexity of Bedman.

I'm not a fan of the Granblue series, but I imagine anyone who plays those games would be thrilled at being able to play those characters in a fighting game. I imagine the crowd that plays the game is quite casual as well. Casuals that aren't fans of the gacha might be enticed by the pretty graphics I guess.

>Jeanne and Zooey
Supreme taste

Attached: Beautiful saint.png (1024x1024, 912K)

I like fighting games, don't care about granblue.
They've shat out nothing but tag fighters in the last 2 years, and Xrd and CF are completely dead. I was looking forward to a new ASW 1v1 game but its braindead simple

>worked for dbzf and bbtag

Attached: 1549367968623.jpg (2126x404, 105K)

>We don't need both Gran and Katalina.
Gran is the main character and Katalina is the first character most players get
>We don't need two homoknights
Percival is one of the most popular males in the game. Lancelot provides a unique speed character niche otherwise yeah I agree he could go
>Two unpopular joke characters
Rowain isn't unpopular, Ladiva is a grappler but other than that yeah who gives a fuck about them
>Two zoning female erunes
They don't even have similar fighting styles

>They should've picked more popular characters
>people are going to decide to buy the base game based on the launch roster, not what could be
Granblue players are buying this game anyway for the in-game bonuses. Granblue playerbase is a lot higher than FGC crowd so cygames doesn't need to care either way

>it's literally just one gear fag spamming the thread
Yes I like guilty gear just as much as you but seriously you need to shut the fuck up, this game literally isn't made for you.
Companies don't exist just to please a small niche for all eternity
>don't care about granblue
Okay, so this game isn't for you
now get out.

Attached: 1550772444134.jpg (360x360, 29K)

Should I use it now or just wait for to try it for the character I really want?

When will all the DLC come out and go on sale?

Attached: Crown.png (594x5000, 221K)

>Lets make TWO tag fighters and then a game made just for GBF fans
sasuga arc sys

It's a ticket for a limited pool of characters, so you're not getting any newly released units out of it.

Fate tag fighter next

No Cagliostro, no buy.

Attached: poor little cog.jpg (1028x1500, 503K)

By the time that happens, game will be dead
so probably a year

japanese girls who are too afraid to go to the arcade

>Now they're just appealing to casuals
but that was the intent from the get go, even when the game was shown as a surprise almost two years ago the devs said they were aiming for the mobile game fanbase.

The Gearfag's just salty that Ishiwatari won't make any new GGs till this is over. So spare him some pity. And be sure to watch the spergout when the new GG is launched with the simplicity of DBFZ and GBV.

FUCK

Why are they afraid? Do they get molested there?

>the devs said they were aiming for the mobile game fanbase.
So what did they put fighting game archetypes instead of fan favorites?

>make games with wider appeal or nicher appeal
mmm
she's gonna be dlc guaranteed

Just buy the dlcs goy! Like the other arc games ;)

This is what happens when people want to shove like 5 different projects on ASW, they could barely handle 2 at the same time. Maybe after this gets shoved out the granbluefags can shut up about it and we can get back to whining about our blazblue and guilty gear droughts.

Attached: 1550609869645.png (640x360, 400K)

>Implying Daisuke would let that happen

we're not getting another BB or GG until the next decade, arc sys hates us

>No more armpits
Hol' up, what you say?

KI 2020 will save fightan

How broke is Arcsys if they have to whore themselves like this

Them getting these projects is probably what will help fund their own projects in the future

>That there was 0 demand for what you asked for, but there sure was for characters
Again, demand doesn't mean shit. The purpose of the game is to teach retards how to play and they'll learn better if there aren't 40+ character match ups to learn off the bat. Also of course there was demand for characters, it's a gacha game and every whale is going to want their waifu in it.

>11 characters is a huge negative
50 characters would be a "huge negative" in the eyes of people complaining. The fan audience is so huge you'll get an uproar of "game is shit because x isn't in it" no matter what you do. The fact of the matter is adding a million characters would be a detriment at the end because they'd be rushed and awful and casuals would drop it immediately because they wouldn't have the patience to learn how to fight against so many different characters.

people actually play KI?

>Gran is the main character and Katalina is the first character most players get
Neither of them are particularly popular because of it, it just means players are familiar with them. We don't need both of them, one is enough to serve as the generic shoto.

>Percival is one of the most popular males in the game. Lancelot provides a unique speed character niche otherwise yeah I agree he could go
Percival and Lancelot appeal to the exact same portion of the fanbase, and it's the portion of it that's the least likely to play a fighting game. We don't need both of them, at least not at release. Lancelot also doesn't "provide" anything because his archetype is extremely basic still and could be fulfilled with dozens of other characters.

>Rowain isn't unpopular, Ladiva is a grappler but other than that yeah who gives a fuck about them
Lowain is "popular" in the same way that Katalina is "popular", there are dozens of more popular characters they could've picked instead.

>They don't even have similar fighting styles
They appeal to the same people.

percival is popular with male players too

What you see is what you get

>No more armpits
You made it sound like they censored Ferry's armpits, you alarming asshole. Fuck you.

Alright user fess up, which waifu of yours didn't get in that's causing this sperg out?

>Slutty archer who can fly and purehearted girl with ghost friend summons/set-ups appeal to the same people
they share neither archetype nor playstyle

Attached: 1551224127403.png (544x465, 154K)

In a perfect world we would have at least 4 more characters in the base game and Lucilius would be the super broken boss character in the RPG mode.

Did they show off a new character during the stream or are they saving it for when evo is live again?

So them including popular characters isn't good enough, they need to be popular for YOU instead?

They had time to master the system tthis time around

Perpetually.

Yes

Gran is the basic shoto and Katalina is the advanced. Again this is made to teach people how to play fighting games. I don't know why you have problems understanding this.

>and Lucilius would be the super broken boss character in the RPG mode.
Nah you always bet on Bahamut. Mostly because he needs no set up

>dark silver wings (arcsys ver)

Attached: 1557777493760.jpg (628x628, 110K)

>its not an infinite combo airdash anime fighter so its shit

>this is made to teach people how to play fighting games
Don't know why, just give them crazy shit to mash with their friends and call it a day, that's what most people are getting this game for.

>You enjoyed grinding for thousands of hours on your mobile phone?
>Now you can do the grind on your PS4 as well!

We can't have lucilius without first having sandalphon as a playable character and WMTSB being part of the story.

>Again, demand doesn't mean shit
Yes it does cause they gets people to buy and play. You need to meet demands to get people in the door. The game is not complex enough where more than 11 character is way too much to handle, there is very little going on. Your excuse does not work for such a simple game where even basic pressure is very restricted. You want to keep going on about 40+ characters, when really everyone thought 16-20 would be a reasonable guess. No one was asking for 50.

You know what game is growing? Tekken 7, a game with a million random shit you need to learn and execution just to move well. Your idea is just bullshit.

it didn't start out that way obviously the players had time to learn the new characters (and moons) as they added them. New players complain about entering a longstanding game all the time, thats one of the reasons tekken 7 cut its roster so significantly compared to ttt2

>thats one of the reasons tekken 7 cut its roster so significantly compared to ttt2
No that's because TTT is the exception of having a large cast while the main games where focusing on making larger adjustments to a smaller cast of characters

It's an experiment, I guess. If they wanted to do what you're suggesting then they could have just made an arena fighter kusoge and paid pajeets to model/code it and called it a day.

>Katalina is the advanced
She really isn't. Gran is rushdown, Kat is more neutral focused. Neither is more advanced or complex.

>Again this is made to teach people how to play fighting games
I always hate this excuse, if you set the bar this low that means everyone will move on quick. Which creates a dead game, so other new players have no one to learn with and have to play other games.

You'll definitely get to 16-20 through the DLC so I really don't get your bitching here.

Except Katalina, Gran, Lowain bros, Ferry, and Ladiva aren't popular characters casuals who play the game don't care about them. Those characters are just well liked by the Cygames staff.

well I believe they need Gran because hes in the title but Katalina is a MASSIVE sniff

I kinda wish they did, most people would have acted just as crazy over the reveal if it still looked good. Now we have to pretend people want to seriously compete in it for maybe the next year.

Attached: 1548709528794.jpg (640x480, 73K)

Oh right just pay more money and by the end of the year you'll have a normal sized cast.

>Io is in the RPG mode
O-okay...

Attached: Io.jpg (700x700, 191K)

Yes which is why he's a good pick, put Lancelot in the Season Pass and pick someone else for the base game.

I'm not talking about what I want, I'm talking about variety. Pick characters that appeal to different people, at least until you have a sizeable roster. With only 11 characters, it's important to have variety. You can have redundant characters or unpopular picks when your roster is 16+. For example, I think Charlotta is a good pick because you need at least one Harvin, but they shouldn't add another Harvin until they have more characters.

We don't know what Metera's playstyle is going to be but it's obviously she'll be a zoner, so we have two zoners and both are erunes. Sure it's not the EXACT same type of girl and it won't be the EXACT same type of zoning, but with only 11 characters, you need a bigger difference between characters. Again, I wouldn't complain if the game had 16 characters. It's like if SF5 launched with Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura and Sagat, that'd be retarded.

Katalina isn't different enough from Gran to be noteworthy and she sure as hell isn't """advanced""" enough that beginners can't learn her (Percival seems to be the actual advanced shoto anyway).

>Again this is made to teach people how to play fighting games.
SF2 was pretty much the first actual fighting game and it had more variety in its roster, both in visual appeal and in gameplay.

>last character reveal is macho vyrn

DLC is just the way fighting games work now. It's jewey but the alternative is way worse.

Not that user but only really Percival is popular and even then he's popular with women.

Game is for casuals tho, and people who never have picked up a fighting game. The directors of the game have said this in the past.

I can understand if they were trying to appeal to Granblue players with how they chose their roster, but then it gets weird with someone like Ladiva being added to clearly fill the grappler role. Like a weird ass compromise where you try to do a story focused roster while also trying to cover the usual fighting styles, and then there's Lowain who I can't really fit into either group unless he's more popular than I hear

>charlotta and ferry aren't popular

was unist always this popular?

Attached: 1564744103858.png (741x568, 29K)

>SF2 was pretty much the first actual fighting game and it had more variety in its roster,
I agree, but gamers of today aren't as knowledgeable or willing to learn as gamers of the past. Not saying this to start a boomer/zoomer argument but it's true. You really have to baby them, and I guess that's what Granblue is going for.

But Ladiva also just recently had an event focused entirely on her in the gacha
It clearly wasn't just a "she's a grappler so she's in" kinda thing.

Attached: 1556649231340.jpg (1350x900, 164K)

>Game is for casuals tho
Yeah and they'll get bored too. The bar is nearing divekick meme game levels of low. if it is meant to teach, people will out grow it too quick and leave no one else to play with. They've also talked about esports a lot and put a decent sum on money into the FGC. So they obviously want a bit more out of it.

>divekick
ok guiltycuck we get it
You hate granblue
You don't want to play granblue
goodbye

there's only one thing that can save this roster now

Attached: Best.png (547x354, 300K)

Ferry, isn't and Charlotta is at the bottom.

Attached: D2sAvGFX4AY7d7B.png (502x342, 45K)

the amount of charlotta porn contradicts those charts.

Charlotta was the reason I tried this game desu

>No cowtits
no Draph no buy

>SF4 in 2015 had more players than SF5 does this year

Attached: 1560030139446.png (286x368, 198K)

Why is Vira so popular anyway? I'm relatively new, but I don't see her do that much besides being an angry lesbian

That just means that her small fanbase is dedicated not that she's actually popular.

Also males for comparison.

Attached: D2sAVDFX0AA_1OW.png (488x341, 47K)

I think you're overestimating how easy casuals are going to "out grow it". I'm sure you're a fighting game player so it's hard to visualize, but try to imagine yourself having literally ZERO knowledge about fighting games. You don't even know what whiff punishing means and the concept of frame data means nothing to you. You're that girl moving the N64 thumbstick with her thumb and index finger. This kind of person going into Granblue has a TON of things to learn, and I think the game could keep them occupied for a very long time.

they probably made enough from dragon ball to make 3 new guilty gear updates. BBTAG was no cost shovelware that served as a stopgap between their next project and the end of blazblue. All three of these games were simplified and licensed ( inc. rwby) to attract casuals who wouldn't normally play. My normie boss knew about dbzf when I told him about it believe me enough refugees will eventually move into guilty gear to justify it.

Not him, but no, they're not really when you compare to the massively more popular girls like Naru, Silva, Zeta, Beato, Cag, hell even Europa and Alexiel.
They still have a fanbase, but there's a lot of more popular characters. I'll forgive Charlotta because they needed one character for Harvinfags and there's not a lot of them that are popular, but Ferry was a pretty weird pick if we're going on popularity. Granted she ended up being the most interesting character in the beta anyway so I guess it evens out.

The only actual characters in the roster are Lancelot and Percival (and they're popular with the same people), and Zeta. Everyone else is fine only because they're fulfilling a niche (Charlotta and Vaseraga) or could've been replaced by another more popular character while fulfilling the same gameplay function.

Legacy character from back when the game had less waifus
Lesbian but still popular with waifufags
Popular seiyuu

Voice Acting fan autism unironically

Sexy antagonist girl.

Attached: 3030019000_02.png (960x800, 152K)

Not him but even as a casual fighting game player it's easy to get bored with a fighting game if not much is going on with the characters.

The only SP fighting games should have is arcade mode, tutorial/mission mode, score attack/survival and practice. Anything else is a waste of time that could be used to make more characters.

what the fuck!!!
holy shit i didn't expect all of this.
i tought they meant a normal story with rpg elements.
you can make grids fight bosses have multiple party members on screen. upgrade weapons and see the visual change.
this is big.

Attached: 1552089554794.jpg (400x400, 41K)

But zeta is confirmed in already.

Gimme Mimlemel

I can understand this

I think they made 7 million last year take that how you will

Relink already has all of this though

The last year of the game has more entrants than this year that isn't the last year of SFV
You're very perceptive, still, no one plays SFIV anymore

Ferry is there because she's one of the characters cygames traditionally pushes
She has a CD, a billion skins, multiple versions etc.

Yeah see you summer 2020

People do not move on in groups. A few trickle into trying the others at best.

Starting to look a bit paranoid

But there really isn't much to learn here. Just look at the other attempts to make overly simple fighters, it never sticks. The closest to a success is something like samsho, which actually does have a load to learn and is deceptive about it. We also don't know how long it will last, everyone can see it will have some drop off post evo.

>You're that girl moving the N64 thumbstick with her thumb and index finger. This kind of person going into Granblue has a TON of things to learn,
That type of person doesn't want to get good at games though, if they'll even pick up a fighter.

Relink will probably be 2021+ for it's release

In dollaridoos or yen

No

cygames also pushes cog super hard who also happens to be far more popular than ferry
But obviously they are going to make cog the first dlc character so people are going to buy the season pass just for her.

Attached: 1556124964324.jpg (560x544, 59K)

Why (s)he bully?

In other words Ferry is a Cygames dev favorite not a fan favorite, as it's a most of the roster too.

I was so excited for this when it was announced, but they kept pandering to fujoshis instead of me and now I don't even want to bother anymore.

>tfw asw fans are getting cucked by granblue fans

Attached: D5z0PK_UYAE8grb.jpg (967x900, 156K)

>mfw Relink will get delayed so long it becomes cross gen like Persona 5

I know? That's not what I said.

Well Cygames should rethink their strategy because they keep pushing unpopular girls while the actually popular girls get scrapes. The only ones they're lucky on are the Society girls since those are actually popular.

Leave the potato alone

Based Cygames dabbing on rostertards

How likely is it that Jeanne gets into the game?

Attached: Divine inspiration.jpg (905x1247, 995K)

Where's the D

wheres medusa and vampy

>FEB 6TH, 2020

>My main party in Granblue is Beatrix, Cagliostro and Vania
>Didn't know that all three were top 10 popularity
>Not a single one made it into the fighting game

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ACTUAL HORSESHIT?

Cygames is too busy pandering to their own staff rather than the players.

unlikely. Maybe in a sequel

Attached: SATYRSBIGFAT.png (833x588, 782K)

they're shafting popular characters that originated from granblue, there's no way they'll add bahamut ones

My wallet survives another few years

Attached: Thumbs up.jpg (768x1024, 195K)

>Gran is rushdown, Kat is more neutral focused
>more sol/ky ragna/jin duology
why does arcsys do this?

Attached: 1562480173555.jpg (645x773, 55K)

yeah but relink is a completely different game.
this game is targeted at the people who play the original game.
i was interested but i wasn't sure if i would buy because i'm not very competitive and i have a shit connection.
having an actual rpg similar to the original game gives me actual content to be insterested in and a reason to buy the game.

Attached: 1554265450469.jpg (2009x1853, 685K)

Funny, since that is the reason they started to do console games, they could care less about getting players to buy their game since they have too much money. They just wanna play games for them.

*i mean that is a different genre not that it's different because it targets people who play the gacha

Is that girl retarded?

Couldn't care less

Not in her summer summon.

Didn't they say that they also want to make the franchise grow? But thus far have been failing to do so?

You know that they'll likely be following the main story, right?

no just drunk

Attached: Npc_zoom_3020052000_01[1].png (960x800, 95K)

Yes. Also drunk fairly often

No, just drunk

Both:
Gran
Katalina
Charlotta
Lancelot
Ferry
Percival
Metera

Relink only:
Djeeta
Rackam
Io
Eugen
Rosetta

Versus only:
Lowain
Ladiva
Zeta
Vaseraga

She's always drunk

No, just drunk.

Too drunk to properly know

Retardation from alcohol poisoning

>Ferry in both
based

I am unreasonably upset that we didn't get a draph

Her brain is a slosh floating around in booze.

There are two draphs though, they're just both males

ok fair enough I thought I remembered something about Harada saying he wanted to keep the roster small though

>everyone will move on quick
they want them to move on to guilty gear and blazblue

well thats whats happening with kill la kill so you kinda got your wish

yeah i know i'm more interested in being able to fight colossus and all the other fuckers and make grids.

They don't fucking count.

Saving the big guns for dlc

Attached: __narmaya_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_oyu_sijimisizimi__sample-3deb8d2d446d0955b2c590557b430e18 (1).jp (850x1263, 303K)

Will it flop

Lol

user you and I both know that's not what I meant

I actually think that rpg mode looks neat. I can see myself playing with a friend online like I did with Ragnarok Battle Offline.
Still 11 character rooster is pathetic and characters selected are rather underwhelming. No gun, no staff, no katana, no harp. The only top tier popular character is Percival and he is for fujos. What the flying fuck is this

Attached: 1559246605962.jpg (600x600, 46K)

Online probably. In sales no way.

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAkHKAu3GNVKDJn59VGBfIrE.jpg (803x960, 101K)

One female draph and one male draph, really and you keep crying about wanting more draphs when other races have far less representation?

>implying more than maybe 5 people will go from this being their first fighting game to playing blazblue or guilty gear

Will she be this game's Juri?

I understand that you need popular characters to sell DLC, but DLC is useless if the base roster isn't good enough to sell the base game.

I think that the grids are in though.

BUY
D
L
C
they are going to do day 1 character dlc aren't they

In japan? with those in-game bonuses for the mobile game? No, it will succeed.

Ouside japan? probably, but I will buy it if those bonuses apply for the rest of the world.

percival is otomebait not fujobait
lancelot is the fujobait

>It's like if SF5 launched with Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura and Sagat, that'd be retarded.
hey wait a minute

Attached: jdEWR8p.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

The tie in will save it in Nipland just the anime and manga but it'll flop online and in the west.

The in-game bonuses are what is going to sell the game in Japan which is their main audience

>just a gold bar and a shitty meme skin
People really spend 60 bucks just for that?

>ITT people pretending Ferry isn't popular among GBF players
Just because she isn't a fan favorite in polls doesn't mean she isn't popular. If cygames actually put her in more events/story in GBF maybe she actually would win polls, but they just milk fans with skins and promo stuff instead.
As for that's some incredibly small voting pool compared to how many even play the game, and if you somehow amass 13% of votes in presumably a poll you can only vote on one character (per gender) it's unlikely you'll vote for anyone but your absolute waifu and no characters have been pushed harder than Percy, Cagliostro and Vira has been as far as promotions and general fanservice by cygames goes.

I love Melty Blood but you gotta admit that 75% of the cast is an alternate version of the same character with loads of recycled sprite/design. This makes it much easier to bolster the roster number.
The three Moon styles are fucking great though and I wish more games had that kind of feature.

Attached: 43718.png (1664x1408, 1.89M)

I predict casuals will still eat it up based on this thread and the reactions I've seen everywhere else.

>they want to milk Draphs as DLC
fuck outta here

In the west? Absolutely. Not in Japan though

Why should I care about some dumb RPG mode when
>I can just play the original game
>I can play the ACTION RPG that's gonna come out
This is just worthless to me. Just axe this stupid shit and make more characters/stages (and fix the fucking netcode)

Yeah, I know. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with the base roster. When the first character revealed outside of the game announcement is fucking lowain you have problems
She'll be a stance character

Percival is for yumes, not fujos. Lancelot is the fujo character (But he is also popular with yumes).

Actual race count

Human: 3 males, 2 females
Erune: 2 females, 1 male
Draph: 1 male, 1 tranny
Harvin: 1 female

Considering you get codes for the mobile games, you'll have people buying multiple copies so I doubt it'll flop

I stand corrected, but still my point stands. There is one big hitter (who arguably was overshadowed by Luci and Sandy) and he is female centric pick. Which is fine and I like Perci, but it is something wrong when he is the only big name on the list.

Kek

Japan easy success. Rest of the world? Toss up, RPG mode might pull people in, but lack of brand recognition and characters hurt. SC6 also had big single player yet didn't blow up, though it also didn't have the amazing graphics.

Online? Can't see it lasting

I said SFV because it had 16 characters.
SF4 has a massive roster for a launch game, so the similar characters are excused more easily because there's still plenty of variety.

You have no idea how valuable Gold Bars are.

Ferry didn't make it to the top ten in the other voting polls either though. That's just one I could find that wasn't in Japanese.

people spend hundred bucks just for a gold brick code in japan

Hello is there a single fucking source for any of this or is OP a masterbaiter.

No fox lesbians? No deal Cygames

Attached: D17tRAEUwAA3fmp.jpg (1200x600, 207K)

DLC predictions:
>Cog
>Sandals
>Zooey
>Nicholas
>Narmaya
Are you gonna buy game now?

Attached: D1ijkbPVAAA4diN.jpg (800x994, 80K)

wait for yuel dlc

>>I can play the ACTION RPG that's gonna come out
I completely forgot about this, that game would be much better than a glorified beat em up

The anime topped charts for those bonuses, Gold bricks/Evolites are worth a lot since they are scarce.

I quit before I got the point of needing them
The grind is too insane

nope

>Takeuchi will make all these girls look like Saber

Attached: 1548587349205.jpg (600x342, 48K)

Google it retard

Manaria Friends anime went from shit tier sales to a top seller once the Granblue purchase bonuses were revealed

The lesbians anime became top seller because of the free stuff, and that anime was mediocre at best

Not for any of the greentext OP posted, but the 11 character thing was confirmed on the summer stream

>rage of boomer character
not getting in

>No jews
who gives a fuck about nicholas LMAO

>If cygames actually put her in more events/story in GBF maybe she actually would win polls
But plenty of the characters topping the poll don't get any event or story.
Silva won the anniversary skin poll and she has two (2) versions, one (1) event and never appeared in the story.

Don't worry, the Tsukihime remake will never come out.

Attached: 1518584092574.jpg (2100x1500, 493K)

arcsys won't make money from that.forgive them from wanting to be more than just a cog in cygames gran plan

I thought Socie was a GBF original?

>Versus is gonna sell well just because of a meme brick
>ASW sees this as being a massive success and drops guilty gear and blayzbloo completely, instantly start working on versus 2

Attached: 451327642.jpg (434x512, 58K)

This makes me feel completely relieved and completely upset at the same time.

Attached: 1557776403313.png (323x320, 123K)

I'm here to see pictures of potatos in compromising positions

sochie is only popular because she's stapled to yuel

Every result i get when i googled it said "7 characters confirmed with more to be released later"
Thanks, but we still dont know who all 11 are, correct?

GIVE PRAISE

Attached: bless KMR and his bloodline.png (480x607, 324K)

>tfw you want tsukihime remake but also you don't
Fuck type-moon btw
A new melty blood would legit be the better option but that's never going to happen

Please no

They wont drop shit because no matter how many gatcha whales buy the game for a code, they wont be playing it for more than a week

>twelve characters on launch
A blessed timeline.

Attached: 1554253375594.gif (500x400, 627K)

Why do people still try to predict that a game won't bring in a fanbase and build its own scene? Stop making yourself look like a retard

A sale is a sale, a sequel would be able to include another brick

She's never topped any poll afaik because cygames doesn't push her in a way that makes people vote for her. Meanwhile say Vira has not only several skins (Ferry also has a lot of these) but also a lot of gacha versions, it was becoming a meme that there was a Vira every year in the game ontop of her skins. Her VA is also quite popular (Asami Imai). And similarly to Vira, Cagliostro is up there with probably the most skins and alts combined than any other character in the game but her VA is Sakura Tange so her popularity is practically guaranteed.

>but we still dont know who all 11 are, correct?
Yes we do, their weapons are on the damn game logo since day 1

I wish I got him instead of a gold moon

>but we still dont know who all 11 are, correct?
Nothing was confirmed, but most likely It'll be the 10 characters whose weapons are on the logo + Ladiva.

Attached: Potato.jpg (910x711, 93K)

>11 characters + 5 dlc + 1 actually new character
based arcsys

GUILTY GEAR VS GRANBLUE, COMING SOON

>ASW makes nothing but meme property fighters from now on
Just let it happen, I don't want to care anymore.

Attached: 1547112848645.png (2105x1890, 2.79M)

GBF Yuel is pretty different from ROB Yuel though. Or are you counting Percival as a ROB character too?

>Ladiva
Those could be DLC

So we can expect granblue to get into smash soon, right?

This is good

Why do you always act like Vira and Cag were not popular back when both of them had only one version?

He/She doesnt use a weapon, that was the "surprise"

I wouldnt mind. It would more likely be a dragalia character if anything since it has ties to nintendo.

for the RPG mode of versus, build wind enmity grid because you wont be blocking while fighting raid bosses anyway

Right, F/GO is too popular, there's no way they're going back to Tsukihime.

Attached: 1518581723140.jpg (981x3914, 2.25M)

>having logo characters as DLC
yeah make it even more obvious that this DLC is just content cut from the game lmao

>No Apollonia
>No Heles
>No Tien
>No Tweyen

I AM MAD
MAD
ABOUT
VIDEO GAMES

No way there's only 11, they're only showing 3 empty slots because there's still 3 characters that are part of the logo who have yet to be announced, they already said that there's a characters that is in that people would be really surprised to see in.

That must be why Lyria tops all the polls... oh wait.

A character being pushed doesn't guarantee that they'll be popular look at Dokkan and Katarina compared with Silvia or Heles. Just because a character is heavily pushed it doesn't guarantee their popularity. Heck Ferry is pushed enough as is.

I bet the fans could make a better Tsukihime remake than type moon can

Attached: 103.jpg (1140x780, 152K)

and it works. Obviously we're not going to get a massive wave right off the bat but this is the process of bringing in new players and you have to do it if you want to survive. Mori said he wanted to make Blazblue more accessible to new players and gg players hated him for it. I only found out about it through bb and now I buy every update at $60. So yea the pipeline works. This is good for gg in the long run.

People complain about most popular characters not being included and you come in with literally who picks

Just play MUGEN. It's great to have your porn and your game together and interchangeable.

All the original needs is an OST cleanuo + expansion, and background pics which are not photoshopped pictures. Yumizuka route can fuck off.

the only eternal who would have a chance of getting in is siete

The fact that the game relied on a tie in for a sale means that there is no genuine interest in the game itself so the game's sales are tied directly with the gatcha's popularity. They have to pray that KMR and FKHR don't kill it.

Cases like this are rare even over long periods of time. Most start and stop at the game that got them in.

post the pic, you know the one

They didn't say whether or not those characters would be DLC

pixiv.net/member.php?id=5362

Attached: _charlotta_fenia_and_gran_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_walkalone_sample858657d20fb55e012f7d2743ffadf96f (850x655, 127K)

>you will never fuck a potato
no the other one

Attached: 42df2ed93822a813a1eefe79d3dd166b.jpg (2000x1500, 460K)

>Game aimed at granblue fans
>tiny ass roster with not even the most popular chars at the moment

fucking lmao

Still, it would be super weird for the roster to be that low especially since they are using this game as their fist foray in the western market for Granblue.
I'm gonna hope that it's just a mistranslation of something like "There's 11 characters to be announced until launch and 5 will be announced as DLC", which would bring the base roster to 19 and 24 with DLC.

It's literally just two guys that draw 90 of that shit.

>anime fightan
>no puppet character

Attached: 1545739310304.png (1912x2140, 3.15M)

Everything Granblue they make is fucked because they always need to start from the beginning. We need gY blue shirt fighter Gran because he's the default starter. We need Kat because she showed up early. What we want is the Djeeta anime episode what we get is the shitty first anime

What do the inner mechanisms of the potato look like?

Attached: 1555605918187.png (1003x1416, 815K)

Attached: iu[2].jpg (900x900, 768K)

>Rotten potato being his latest
Eww

hot steamy cunny

Attached: Mashing_Potatoes.jpg (680x940, 108K)

the djeeta episode was garbage

People are harping on about the budget required for the story mode but let me remind you that Lowain uses FOUR (4) different character models despite being an unpopular pick.

>not her light variant

Attached: now-A-Potato-Will-Burn-Your-Bulb-For-40-Days-The.jpg (624x351, 21K)

I want to Jam Jam

Attached: 72788800838b0bd0375f152572743293.jpg (700x990, 130K)

No bully

>tfw the base cast + dlc is the size of what the base cast should have been

Attached: 1555625711585.gif (550x400, 1.38M)

Attached: 737125029.jpg (760x1075, 421K)

>GBFV's launch roster only has 11 characters.
>Release date was moved from 2019 to February 2020.
>Already announced a Season pass with 5 characters.
You've got to be retarded to support this crap.

Attached: 15906142738.png (1271x694, 1.03M)

She deserves bully. The worst potato and the only bad chuuni.

I want to play as metera though

next character reveal when?

i'm gonna buy it

Attached: 89e19b02b26f19f0123a8e7dacc2dc7f.jpg (1000x750, 150K)

I think that the mind set for Cygames when it comes to Granblue is stuck in the mindset of the 90s and early 2000s when it comes to the story.

And not necessarily in a nostalgic way but rather in the tired cliches and outdated formats.

Sony doesn't allow draphs because they look like sexualized children.

If not at EVO then next month

That episode was trash tho, what we need is the cooler stuff that appears later in the story arcs.

>WMTSB is never gonna be adapted into a proper format because they are too busy remaking the same first shitty story arc over and over again

Attached: 72390734_p23.jpg (580x819, 262K)

It was the most liked episode from the anime. Literally the only ones who didn't like it were the people crying about fanservice.

I was excited after playing all 3 sessions of the beta. This announcement robbed all of that. What a fucking joke of size and picks for the roster.

>Free evolite/goldbar
Prepare to call nipon people retards.

Attached: 1560144012739.jpg (580x858, 67K)

granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=3853
Here's a popularity poll from before anyone had gazillion versions and skins so anything you have to say about pushing and bias is irrelevant.

Attached: fce82244a1.png (378x744, 493K)

I'm gonna buy versus when it comes out on PC.
I wanna look at potatos in 8K resolution

Attached: 720px-Cagliosled.png (720x600, 260K)

But user, maybe this time people will actually like it.

The flaws of the granblue anime are because it focused on the main story instead of character stories

>big roster good
>small roster bad
go play dragon ball z tenkaichi 3 LMAO

Attached: 1442121941264.png (1024x1024, 538K)

That's the problem.

Its not aimed at Granblue fans. They're making it for themselves and disregarding the characters who the community actually likes.

Attached: 1523038011247.jpg (850x680, 383K)

>Implying it wont sell with all the stuff given for the mobile

Attached: EBChmlWUEAU9CdZ.jpg (1200x675, 132K)

>asian lockstep netcode fighting game
i hope none of you are actually planning on purchasing this. fighting game netcode was solved 12~ years ago and you shouldn't support developers who refuse to keep up

A small roster of incredibly simplified characters IS bad though

More lesbian dragons when?

Attached: fNAMGwk.jpg (630x2760, 448K)

Fighting EX Layer launched with more characters, and had free DLC

Attached: 1537400424739.png (1361x367, 940K)

Unlimited codes had a pretty small roster though

Attached: eec6a40ae6f496b9e5d7568e8bbeef83.jpg (626x885, 85K)

I wanna be bullied by cagliosled.

Attached: buylhrok59n11.jpg (1434x2168, 1.56M)

You don't get all of that, you have to select only one.

Fat potato

literally who

The Lowain bros are so similar that they are basically one model in different wigs. They took way less effort than shit like Dizzy's wings

Attached: dizzy-ggxrd-rev2-portrait.png (1231x909, 1.34M)

fucking jews I swear to god

Better than a dama bar and half a code for a gold bar. Other half being in relink.

And the Djeeta episode was liked because it pandered to what people actually wanted. FHKR really is obsessed with the main story that's they keep telling it over and over again despite being constantly shown that no one cares and rejecting the anime staff's suggestion to fix it up.

>lowain (+ 2 characters)
>Yggy
>katapillar
>a bunch of random food
Dizzy has a lot more going on in her animations though. It's just a fact that DLC is going to be more polished than the launch content.

And just with that it will sell. Maybe hard whales might buy a few games for these things.

I love Dizzys design

I would've killed for Shiro or Yngwie being playable.

Attached: 1449708725206.jpg (417x242, 18K)

You better hope that it will be one item account tied, or else whales will buy 4 copies, each.

I know, it was just to warn that user who seemed like he was thinking that you could get all of that per game bought.

T7 had connection and server issues. The tick rate was a joke. Also DLC and updates took forever to come. Harada had to write a fucking essay as a apology on Twitter

Jokes on them, ill buy it 40 times

Kimura-san better do Song, Zooey, Shiro, Yngwie and Jeanne playable for Relink.

Imagine looking at Cags pantsu in 5k when it comes out on PC and her DLC is out.

Attached: 7b3fcf8332735f5cd0cb402fb853faa2.png (720x1053, 621K)

What is the best way to eat a potato?

Attached: IMG_20190423_095201.jpg (501x708, 90K)

not like you faggots will ever play more than 1 character anyway

I concur

Nah I knew when I posted since the GBF twitter they said only one. Macho vyrn a shit

I will play Ferry religiously, Yes.

>people are complaining about the roster
>meanwhile still can't decide who I want to main

Attached: 1521110084907.jpg (700x554, 65K)

Based

Attached: 0d5902a28e87cfb109e3cd9e5488f84a.jpg (724x984, 119K)

Attached: IMG_20190423_095203.jpg (708x501, 86K)

>series known for titcow
>no titcow

Attached: cry.png (410x490, 224K)

Based Kyaru the only not-Granblue character there lmao

Attached: GKgAc5C.png (1408x792, 1.87M)

Please fucking tell me that vocal songs are in.
The series isn't known for cowtards at all

Mashed

Been a while since KMR wanted to deny cows.

fuck off traitor cat

Attached: D7Pec-QUwAA2aep.jpg (603x766, 62K)

>people are complaining about the roster for have less than 12
>meanwhile I wanna play the rpg mode

Attached: 1563894808852.gif (282x228, 2M)

Potatos don't even taste good without a bunch of gravy and salt

Lucky for you there aren't many to pick from

Not much of a choice now

Butter is the best thing with potatoes

Not that user but I unironically started to play Granblue 2 years ago due to Naru and other cowgirl doujins, at that time many artist and doujins were made and got my attention. Searching a bit of info I found it was a turn based RPG made by ex square staff with Nobuo uematsu music so I went all in.

Cag

Attached: IMG_20190606_103710.jpg (2152x1956, 940K)

The only characters I don't want to play are Gran, Katalina and Ferry desu.

user understand, she was brainwashed.

I will main canon mc Gran and Ferry because its my couple. Then probably Ladiva for fun and Percival? but I wanted more girls as well. Katalina is dumb

What titcow? The series is knows for the human characters.

Actually, it delayed the persona fighting game. GG is up in the air atm.

Attached: kanye.jpg (618x412, 25K)

It was known for Naru, Anila, Aliza lewd art years ago when wasn't that mainstreaam. Vira was always popular though can't deny that.

You get 10 pulls per day

I need this figure for my Granblue set, but, man I don't know if I actually want it.