Is it really that good?

Is it really that good?

Attached: starsector_key_promo_2560x853.png (2560x853, 699K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Tsiolkovsky
dropbox.com/s/pm8kxy6uwyv3ddy/New Galactic Order.rar
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14591.0
dropbox.com/s/5k41z8ahuj4mr8c/Oga Portrait Pack v1.2.7z
youtube.com/watch?v=J6oTIjvw_-8
youtube.com/watch?v=nnHg9CZP1QU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAPgPH9hsI
youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo
dropbox.com/s/jvii1xnvr7gswri/ApproJuly30thUpdate.rar?dl=0
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13431.0
youtube.com/watch?v=M906kiFzHuY
youtube.com/watch?v=XNcyzVTVMT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, its literally one of the best space games of all time and the developer is entirely based.

Yes
But you should try it by yourself instead of asking Yea Forums

Attached: 1561058014747.jpg (600x686, 93K)

with the addition of colonies, it's really fun to play. pre 0.9 all you can do is kill shit nd soace trucking

the combat is fucking amazing, the other aspects not so much. nothing like diving in with your flagship to fuck shit up

You can't talk about this videgame here.
Jannies and mods kept moving these threads to /vg/ untill the discussion died.
Just play it and go discuss it somwhere else
Install more RAM.

Are there any portrait mods? There's too many blacks in the default pool.

>Are there any portrait mods?
Come on nigga
You can turn the whole space into anime girls
You can do it yourself, it's just pictures

I mean are there any good ones that keep the style of the original art, but with less black people?

>shit is worthless without nexerelin
>game is practically the same as it was 5 years, he hasn't done shit
HOLY EPIC BASED

You can remove them yourself, it's a folder with pictures. But anyway yeah, there are

He released industry and colonization since then

yeah, 5 years well spent

yeah, for a single autistic dude it's excellent quality content

something to look into then if the fucking website ever comes back up

oh he's genuinely mentally ill? didn't know that but it comes as no surprise

then it's no wonder he did 3 month's worth of work in that time

>>game is practically the same as it was 5 years, he hasn't done shit
I first played 0.7 in 2017, just about everything is different in 0.9, and 0.8 was already a big step. It's a lot of changes for a one man army to make in just two years.

It depends
Have they actually released Version 1.0 yet?

>too many blacks
Why do space games always have to do this?

Attached: 20181201071658_1.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Sci fi is supposed to be realistic
US and EU are now 50% black, and the rest of the world is entirely black.
Give it 100 more years and white blonde dudes will be rare like handsome gingers with 3 balls

Thats the fictional part

Seriously. If we've made it to space, we've clearly already solved that issue and they'd no longer be around.

Yes, but they will never achieve space travel.

Lol no and his updates have been consistent and the game is totally different now

Fuck off jelly stellaris shill

Burgers and russians got into space by scavenging german rockets and scientists without really understanding how it worked, i don't see your point

Attached: multivac can't solve this one.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Even with the rest of civilization propping them up, blacks have literally invented nothing.

4x graviton beam is slightly strong

Attached: wew.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Attached: niggersandchinks.png (2275x1708, 210K)

user, if the western world ever becomes 50% black, we're never making it to space.

Africans never invented the wheel, thats my point.

>fell to the jew heyhey shill
>payment requires a confirmation code
>they send it to my old phone number
god damnit

We won't, but chinks will.

>t. butthurt kraut
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstantin_Tsiolkovsky

they can't anymore, after mao they literally killed all their creative and intelligent people and no longer are capable of innovation, hell even the japanese which are objectively the best chinks don't innovate

dumb phoneposter

Oga's portrait pack

Hey hey people.

>*blocks your path in poorly translated chinese*
>*gets deleted out of the mod before you can test it against stations*
nothing personnel gaijin

Attached: 5D24E6C5-8720-4E9A-AB79-951A8CBC3C7B.png (1230x747, 614K)

I just started playing and I really suck at the combat.

Is it possible to play with the combat mostly auto pilot?

You don't suck, at the beginning you're supposed to be shit. As soon as you get a decent ship, equip it properly and find your playstyle you can 1v10 easily.
Combat is probably rthe best and deepest mechanic of that game

not unless you want to lose most of your battles. you need fleet points to order your guys around, and if you don’t you will lose ships left and right

go to the missions and get some practice, once it clicks you’ll love the combat

>E-celeb makes a video about the game
> Yea Forums now cant stop having threads about it

whew lad, i wonder what all of you fucking do when you are all alone if you need an influencer to push you to play games. Maybe try some games by yourself some time.

gosh user you sure are cool for having known about [thing] before me
if only all of us could have your omniscient knowledge of every game we might like

This particular time i'm glad an eceleb bought this game to light, i've been loving it for years now and more people playing is only good news
It's easy for a title like this to fly under the radar, i discovered it by mistake on Yea Forums at the time, and i've been lucky because the discussion died in less than a week
Stop being an elitist faggot and be glad somebody is enjoying it

Attached: 1547825873051.jpg (451x452, 13K)

That was sick.

Ur a fegit

This game reminds me of Transcendence

How does it compare to Space Rangers 2?

Thanks for the tips user, these missions are more useful than I thought

drop the crack file, faggots

Attached: 4ljRxY8VBpI.jpg (489x410, 25K)

by the way, you should be able to change loadouts of your ships, at least for what I can remember. try experimenting with what they give you, if you don’t know what to put just put half of the slots that you are not going to use for pd on kinethic weapons, the other half on explosives and try to make the max range the same for both.

also putting all weapons on autofire and just controlling the ship works fine with no missiles, just set as target the ship you want the guns to actually shoot

Attached: Screenshot_20190802-123356~2.png (1080x1422, 55K)

Because the game knows you're gonna be a black market selling, trader raiding, colony pillaging, emergency boosting away from cops-ing nigger and it might as well give you the choice to look the part my nigger

Attached: 1563555729630.png (584x613, 388K)

should I just be leaving most of my weapons on autofire? all the missions have your ship with 3/4 weapons on autofire

Good thing this game isn't on PS4 so he can't dashboard everytime he fucks up

Attached: 1531275132724.jpg (643x599, 34K)

>100% interest
woah..

Want to do a new playthrough since interest shot up again. What mods should I add? I'm already downloading nexelerin.

Attached: Capture.jpg (638x162, 15K)

Tachyon lance 4x is even more op

>New Galactic Order removed
what the fuck

Attached: 1548854478563.jpg (1160x3400, 651K)

Maybe if the author didn't literally use a Hitler's Youth avatar in the forums.

i don't give a fuck I just want the mod back
I'm about to poke around with the tools and the 0.81 file to see if I can get it working

Who gives a shit?

hey look it's mesoautist or one of his cronies

God speed

Why 4 beams when you can put anything in 2 medium mounts? HVD or heavy needlers are great there, solve only problem of full beam paragon which is inability to apply hard flux.

>Who gives a shit?

Alex, who has a reputation to lose. It's easy to say when we're all posting anonymously. Ask yourself, would you post with a Hitler avatar in Linkedin? Would you risk it?

I like the mod actually, but I blame what happened on author. Obviously some of the more sensitive modders are to blame as well.

yeah I get that you probably shouldn't do what he did but I don't think his mod should have been removed for it
It's not overtly offensive just semi inappropriate

>Alex, who has a reputation to lose
because one of the people modding the game has an avatar? mate it's not like they're on alex's payroll. This is the same retarded argument as
>but if a streamer using this portrait pack gets caught, alex will get sued!!

Well, nothing stops the author from keeping it up to date anyway, fuck faggot forum mods.

updating from 8.1 to 9.0 should be fairly easy on everything except faction directory. and even then you should be able to figure it out by looking at other mods

honestly there are better abandoned mods to update to 0.9 ,but whatever floats your boat. the whole debacle was hard to watch in any case, and everyone overreacted for some petty shit

I imagine not being allowed to publicly share your mod with the others and being shunned by the "community" and dev himself isn't exactly motivating

Oh so that's why there's all these retards in the starsector threads that are suddenly popping up.

>This is the same retarded argument as
>.but if a streamer using this portrait pack gets caught, alex will get sued!!

I'd agree with you if it wasn't 2019 and clickbait articles weren't the norm. I can even see it, "Game dev supports Nazi creators on his platform and we should so something about it". No sane dev would risk that sort of press.

At least if Starsector ever makes on Steam the mod will pop up again in the workshop.

dropbox.com/s/pm8kxy6uwyv3ddy/New Galactic Order.rar
:^)

>would you post with a hitler avatar in linkedin
Complete misrepresentation of the situation
Alex isn't the modder in question
Noone expects modders to be socially well-adjusted
Modders are anonymous, linkedin is personal and professional
As far as I can see, a bunch of busybodies got offended that someone they disagreed with existed, so tried to deny unrelated people any access to their work under the pretense that loads of people were angry about it, when in fact noone cares about some nobody making obscure mods for an obscure game
>I blame what happened on author
You're one of them, aren't you?

>At least if Starsector ever makes on Steam the mod will pop up again in the workshop.
you mean like that stellaris nazi mod that got taken down

Redpill me about him

oh sick
thanks user
I had just finished setting up intellij and was about to look at tutorials
you just stopped me from relearning java

Attached: ship.png (300x300, 53K)

Just read any of his forum posts, you'll get it quick
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14591.0

Attached: meso.jpg (1709x392, 126K)

>the forum represents the product, apart from the blog it's the only place that officially represents it
>alex has to protect the integrity of the product or it will easily be labeled as some kind of right wing nazi haven because he's just one man making a game full time as his job
it's pretty simple, put your two brain cells together

>You're one of them, aren't you?

Nah, I loathe a lot of the mod creators even though I thoroughly enjoy their work. They have a holier-than-thou attitude and I'm glad Alex doesn't listen to them that often. That said, it's not fucking difficult to create an account and not reference Nazism. He brought shit to the table and then wondered why it stunk. Also, see That's unfortunate, I have a feeling Alex wouldn't go that far though since he's wouldn't be directly hosting it.

Thanks. Is the mod still getting updates off site?

came here for this

This "you shouldn't modify other mods" attitude drives me up the fucking wall. It's like they don't see how fucking ironic it is for MODDERS to be saying this sort of shit.

Attached: 1556984546528.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

IDK, does sseth ever make a bad review?

When I looked up the download link to it they took it down due to "copywrite"

Sseth should make a video with Kilian. Both of them are crazy in their own way, it would make for a funny video.

>dude just ask permission bro ;)

It's the same shit with manga scans/translations
Every single shitty site has their own cancer watermark to slap on every page saying "DO NOT STEAL THIS THING WE STOLE"

some kind user uploaded it yesterday
dropbox.com/s/5k41z8ahuj4mr8c/Oga Portrait Pack v1.2.7z

>psssh.... nothin personnel captain

Speaking of not modifying another mod, I'm trying to do it with BRDY and this fucking .jar mess is pissing me off. What do you use to compile this shit, IntelliJ is being a cunt and not actually outputting a proper .jar out of the src folder?

Why the fuck do people still use java to begin with?

NGO was complete fucking shit. Are nazis really that desperate to LARP in space they'll settle for NGO?

Yoooo thanks user

these kind of people just want any excuse to be angry

youtube.com/watch?v=J6oTIjvw_-8

What made it shit, user?

>not just using the jew shill's code
You have no one else to blame but yourself

Not him but the ripped sprites really don't fit Starsector. They are a completely different artstyle.

I wonder what phase ships look like from the cockpit of a non-phase ship

Do you just see the phase coils glowing in dark space?

How do I make money smuggling? I'vee always played this game by just going after bounties or exploration quests.

Imagine if you could actually program your fleet to do things like this instead of bumbling around incompetently

I wish star sector AI had some kind of machine-learning thing where you could demonstrate for them what you want them to do, and they would do it

market trading isn't that great. the most money for trading is done through contracts and missions

>bounty hunter start sounds cooler
>probably better to just go scavenger
tell me I'm wrong

At this point, if they theoretically made a great mod in the future, what then would happen to that? Would the autistic modders say "hmm, they offended my morals again, but this great quality content has convinced me to let it slide!"?

exploit shortages and learn what markets offer good prices on what goods, smuggling is the easiest way to make money if you know what you're doing

starsector+ used to exist and that made AI pretty good, pirates would fuck your shit up. It's sad how many mods have depreciated and are no longer updated, the mod index doesn't list the dozens of mods no longer useable.

Attached: Base Profile Screenshot 2019.07.26 - 16.37.51.10.png (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Hover one of your products and press F1. It will show you a list of markets who are fucked and will pay x3 for the product (or sell it for super cheap). With a few freighters you can go from 10k to 200k in a few minutes if you find the right conditions.

scavenging/exploration is MUCH easier and rewarding. I like bounties more but starting out scavenging/exploration is better.

The current AI is much better than what it was during the days of SS+.

>Hover one of your products and press F1. It will show you a list of markets who are fucked and will pay x3 for the product
This is what I was looking for. Thanks user.

Its hard to have sympathy for a dumb poltard who cant hide his power level

Not everyone has the time, patience, or autism to scrape for hours looking for new games in weird places. As much as I hate youtubers there's some validity here. You have to shovel through mountains of shit to find any half decent game these days that's not AAA.

You already know the answer to that, reasoning with these people isn't going to work.

>0.9.0a
fug

>start with wolf-class firgate for the dank combat memes
>run combat simulations
>lose to literally everything and it's rarely even close
What the fuck is going on? My missiles get shot down before they do anything, my main cannon can't overheat enemy shields even when I land 100% of shots, and I don't have any fucking kinetic weapons at all to take it down. Am I missing something important, or is my starting ship designed to be utter shit on purpose?

It's still for the previous version though, not the latest

big tip

Camouflage.

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't what this meso guy saying is right? As in 'don't tangle other people's stuff with potentially illegal stuff'? Am I missing something?

Attached: Revelation.png (100x100, 16K)

youtube.com/watch?v=nnHg9CZP1QU

Member when you could do this with a monitor?

We've talked extensively about Starsector before this reviewer user. Usually whenever an update drops too.

Don't be a dickhole about videogames.

I any sensible modding community the mode of operations is "you can modify anyone's shit without asking permission, but you take it down if they explicitly tell you to". In starsector it's apparently "you need to ask permission before you use anyone's content".

it seems to work just fine
about to test it proper

Pick on small pirates first their ships tend to have tons of d-mods. I don't think this is represented correctly in sims. The game scales difficulty a bit so when your small and not much of a threat pirates and others have shitty ships.

You are minding your business and smuggling some organs for the pirates. This motherfucker charges is with no shield up and double lasers your GFs ass. What would you do Yea Forums?

Attached: onslaught.jpg (367x544, 40K)

>people discussing the mods,giving tips and shit
>that fucking mod
what the fuck is wrong with those power tripping faggots holy shit

In general, do all AI ships follow the standart classes shown in simulation, or is every ship unique? I.e. can I run into a ship that's much weaker than its simulation version?

nothing wrong yet

Attached: 1564519648541.jpg (1277x856, 188K)

The ship prices will be all off I think.

One thing that works consistantly for me for spacer run is:
>grab shuttle from abandoned station in Corvus(the system you spawn in)
>get some crew and fuel
>mod the two ships for cargo. Use militarized subsystems if degraded engines, expanded fuel tank if not
>do some cargo hauling missions from the bar
>do some exploration missions with destination at nearby systems
>keep picking up some frigates and destroyers while doing this when you see them, if you can't find a ship you'll have a ship graveyard in Galatea that is guranteed to have 1 hammerhead, 1 condor, a wolf, a kite, a dram(and a few more?). You probably remember this if you played the first campaign with tutorials on. If you did start with that skip to this part.
>one way is to do some bounty missions, with two dessies an 4~8 frigs early game fleet bounties would be a cakewalk. Just be aware of big fleets and dodge them.
>if you dont have resoruce or interest in those ships you can smuggle just fine with the two shuttles. Fly to hybrasil, load up on drugs, sell it in Yma, transponders off on the pirate planet. The second sun there has no corona so you can jump in there conveniently with no problem even without transwhatever jump. This requires some funds at the start since drugs are somewhat expensive even through black market.
>soon you will have enough money and a reasonable fleet. Keep doing bounties or missions, and soon tackle a scan missions for a research station (always keep an eye on these). If you get some good blueprints and a nanoforge it would be a good time to set up shop somewhere.

>Love the idea of fucking around forever
>Can't play it because I get so overwhelmed with options and I have no idea what I'm doing, why I'm doing what I'm doing and if it all makes sense in the grander scheme of things
It's Kenshi all over again, I don't want to invest so much time in something only to realize I've been doing it wrong from the very start

they seem pretty normal

Attached: 1555538089764.jpg (1265x769, 179K)

BLASTER EAGLE

By "Too many" what you actually mean is "Any", right?

The sight of a single negro triggers you like a snowflake on tumblr.

Iirc fluffwise you dont even see them, and was like that until recent standard sensor upgrades made them detectable to sensors. So probably no? Unless they use some AR tech.

go look at the default portraits and count the white men
if you get past 4 you're lying

You will tend to run into weaker ships in my experience though I hardly ever used the sim function. My usual was always pick on the smallest pirates until I could get a few additional frigates up even with d-mods and run from there.

this doesn't seem right though

Attached: 1552049525084.jpg (646x662, 92K)

>get a first mission
>it's impossible

You mean the hullmod costs?

the point capacity seems high to me
maybe its just supposed to be like that

Odd. You should be able to totally style on most frigs with the wolf, it's one of the higher tier frigs. Unless it's a shitfit. How is your wolf configured?

MINING BLASTER EAGLE WITH SAFETY OVERRIDE

No really, try it. The alpha damage absolutely rapes everything.

Blaster alpha: 500 damage each

Mining blaster alpha: 750 damage each

When you mount 3 on a ship, this difference adds up. 1500 damage vs 2250 damage

Also because of how armor works in Starsector (big hits do much more than small hits), 2250 damage kills armor ships roughly 4x faster than 1500

I stand confused as there are no laser guns on that ship. Someone else is here.

>Also because of how armor works in Starsector (big hits do much more than small hits), 2250 damage kills armor ships roughly 4x faster than 1500
Explain further

Anyone know about this? If NGO bro is out there, what do you use to build your src into a .jar?

Explain?

They really aren't. The Gemini is a cheap ship and it's higher than that Heavy Destroyer. One of the big changes of .91 was the increase of the price of ships, by a considerable margin, and any old mod would be out of sync.

I don't know the formula, but the tutorial talks about this. A big shot that does 200 damage does more armor damage than many small shots that do 300 damage.

You can confirm it yourself, heavy assault guns do a lot less damage to armor than equivalent-DPS weapons with high alpha damage

certain weapons used to be retardedly good since they were low damage per shot but ended up shtredding through both armor and hull very quickly. Alex changed it so there's always a minimum armor amount so it's better to deal damage in 1 big hit rather than multiple small ones

>based
lmao

Attached: 1564824287454.jpg (1707x313, 92K)

The most broken thing in starsector, unless they removed it in the last update, is aurora with:

- safety override
- 3x heavy blaster / mining blaster
- IR Pulse Lasers in all small energy slots
- maxed flux dissipation
- maxed speed

Each one of these, when piloted by player, can destroy 20+ enemy battlecruisers and 5+ capitals. They are a literal battering ram that does more DPS than a Paragon. They move 240+ speed, more with nav buoys. They outrun frigates with their ability.

If you have 4 of these and you bring them out one at a time, retreating them when you run out of CR and tagging in another, you absolutely cannot lose any fight, ever. I have killed 500-ship fleets with 4 of these

Also, if you are going to give these to your fleet and let AI handle them, I reccommend you replace the 3x heavy blaster/mining laser with 3x Pulse Laser (medium energy). The AI seems to handle this fit better with the lower flux management.

I think someone talked about this with Heavy needlers and Heavy Autocannons(or was it Hypervelocity drivers? Can't remember) in some image

Yes based.

Define based

In real battle or simulation? Because stimulation is different
Based.

In real battle

If I was developing a game in this day and age I would shut down all that shit too. The last thing I would want is constant tard wars on my forum that wind up getting me raided by reddit and resetera cripples until they get the various onions distributing outlets to run hit pieces on me. The guy just wants peace and quiet and no drama until he finishes his game. He doesn't try to rip people off with steam EA, he let's people pirate it as much as they want to try it. He just doesn't want drama. Can't argue with that.

Protip, Tempest with 2x phase lance instapops frigates

This is very nice if your fleet is lacking antifrigate

Attached: Base Profile 2018.11.24 - 13.03.57.03.DVR.webm (1280x720, 417K)

Stating 'statistically speaking there are less female than male spacefarers' is not misogyny, like he's claiming it is.

Attached: 1467692889500.jpg (531x620, 103K)

arigatou user
any other hot ship choice tips for newbies?

>Cracks down on every single political post on his forums and keeps it vidya
>Not based

Could you imagine if Yea Forums had mods like that.

Attached: 1560040321644.png (490x452, 40K)

Not him but I'm pretty sure that actually went back up eventually

>allows the basedboy circlejerk stranglehold to continue because he likes bending over to that group

Playing dumb is not an argument. The discussion in and of itself will lead to needless flame wars and people freaking out and eventually resorting to it. The misogyny rule is a blanket escape clause that can be used any way he see's fit. People arguing the semantics of crew member sex in a fantasy universe in a fantasy game are retarded and can do it on their own forums.

Medusas, auroras and tempests should be bought/salvaged/etc. whenever you see one.

Apogee is probably the best solo ship in the game. It has lots of cargo space, lots of fuel space, lots of crew space, good combat capability, good signal profile, good everything. You can also use them as supply ships for a small fleet

You wingers on both ends of the political spectrum are fragile little faggots. Stop searching the web for things to be triggered about and talk about the game you quadriplegic niggerbrains.

As opposed to having a political stance over the expanse of his game?

Yeah, I'm sure that would truly be the "based" position. Why don't you try that in yours?

Attached: 1545518966466.jpg (254x175, 9K)

>Apogee is probably the best solo ship in the game.
Oh for fucks sake, not you again.

What?

>click on devs twitter after the video
>thank you note for the video from the dev
>dev personally replies to almost everyone commenting on it with thanks
Yep, there it is. There's the complete and polar opposite of the other recent fiasco involving an indie game made by very few people suddenly gaining a lot of attention.

I notice that everyone obsess with /pol/ shit etc.
Back in days we discussed Starsector as game and didn't give a fuck about forums.
Now someone start posting this forum garbage or "social views" of developer or modders or whatever in every thread. You can't just play game if developers don't support your "views". It's like mass American hysteria. Yea Forums laughing when SJW/trannies/incels/femnazis and other troglodytes judge "artist personality" instead of "his art". But in same time Yea Forums do same. Not only Yea Forums - Yea Forums and entire internet. This shit peaked with new gen posters. Tribalism and fanbase wars are everywhere.

I can barely bear the dazzling gleam of Ser Alex's shining armor.

As opposed to not taking a stance one way or the other and definitly not siding with a bunch of overreacting cucks
How's Meso's dick taste?

Apogee is not a good ship n

Why is that a problem? There's only like 30 portraits in the game, 7.5% of the galaxy being white men isn't unreasonable at all.

People trying to drag forums into the discussion are the same people trying to start flame wars over petty stuff. They don't care about the game they care about fucking with people because they are miserable. It applies equally to each side of the political spectrum with the notable exceptions of left leaning developers trying to inject certain ideologies into games. The safest bet is just shutting it down and being centrist as a developer.

having such a large amount of nonwhites and women as pilots/officers is laughable

The dev is a San Fran yuppie, why are you shocked?

You're free to add whatever portraits you want.

stormniggers are just SJWs in reverse. these /pol/niggers hate to admit it, but they’re just as trigger happy and emotionally unstable as the danger hairs.

just imagine being so unhinged in the brain that the rightful removal of that faggot nazi mod (right to dissociate is also a first amendment, you degenerate gamers) literally leaves you seething and unable to enjoy the game. that’s the state these chimping out retards are in.

that explains a lot

The dev is russian retard. Just add your own portraits

>just add your own portraits
>BUT DON'T YOU DARE PUBLICLY POST THEM ON OUR FORUM, WHITE MEN BAD

lol get over it
how does some tiny detail like that trigger you lmao just close the tab you baby

I thought he was American of Russian origin?

He is not Russian

>popular youtuber makes video about gamee
>threads immediately turn into /pol/ shit flinging
Why does it have to be like this?

Because...
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAPgPH9hsI

They were like this before the video

Wha happened?

Adding white men because of your fragile mental state is in itself not bam able. The problem is that you gamers also inject your odiously bad political ideology into it, once again, just like the “SJW game devs” you claim to despise.

"Hey hey people", happened
youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo

Blame the WOKE forum posters

>you gamers
>just like the “SJW game devs” you claim to despise

Attached: 1563382315707.jpg (1280x1109, 187K)

Never seen this shit in starsector threads before. Then again, starsector never had many threads since the game gets old after 2-3 playthroughs. Only time threads pop up is when an update releases.
Fuck you faggot now I have to replay this again.

At least game is really popular. This is good thing.

Check out the "Space Diversity" mod to fix that.

Fun fact: Stormfaggots were part of the trifecta of hated presences on Yea Forums as a whole prior to 2010.

Weebs.
Furries.
Stormfaggots.
Everywhere they go, they fling their retarded shit around. It's better to ban and ostracize them without exception.

All you can do is lie and chimp out. The only case of it being an issue was using Nazi imagery and referencing Hitler youth. The developer has absolutely no obligation to put up with behavior that's just going to cause bitching and moaning from both sides of social rejects. You're free to put whatever you want in there. Compare this to a game like Battle tech where the devs wrote their tranny shit into the games fucking code to try to force it on people and tried to make changing portraits a nightmare. You're just lazy shit posters that don't care about a game only about winning some pyrrhic victory in your own sick minds.

I'm happy about this. Hopefully it speeds up development.

and Oga's portrait pack
are your lips still wet?

Oh god, what have I done

Attached: PNervous.jpg (96x96, 4K)

Because both ends of the political wing retards just LOVE using games as tools for furthering their degenerate agenda. Remember how these same niggers were up in arms about Watch Dogs 2 having a tranny in it? Remember how the fucking gaymen press raves about inclusion? Remember how it turns the tranny is just some irrelevant minor character that does nothing important, and the both ends of the retard spectrum never actually played the game and were using it to claim victory for their own little faggot camps?

I can guarantee that same is happening right now. None of these /pol/kikes even have the game installed. They just read “nazi” and “banned” and latch onto it like a homosexual onto a child. It’s a wonton display of self-unaware degeneracy.

>prior to 2010.
I started browsing here around 2014-2015. Every time a stormfag popped up he was told to fuck off to his containment board/thread/website. The 2016 election fucked that up.

You must be that one autist that was moving starsector to /vg/ a couple of years back.

>Nazis weren't trve kvlt
Fuck off, /new/ was fun and no the basis were no less autistic than the rest of everybody. People thought you were annoying as well.

>latch onto it like a homosexual onto a child
based

We need more fucking midline capitals. All the persean league and sindrian diktat have are conquests which are shit in AI hands

çumbrain filters to gamers in this board, you fucking troglodyte reddit transplant
fuck off back to your shithole

yes, but the updates are really slow.

They creator of nazi mod literally can release both censored and uncensored version. It's not even big problem. Look at steam. Steam femnazis and incels were mad at japanese VNs and porn games because
>school setting = school uniform = underage
>underage = loli = illegal
>fancervice = illegal
They thought they won. However others found a way.
>releasing 30% of game with all school related content cut
>everything else you download on different site

look at all this seething coming from you fragile faggots. My lips aren't wet but you really should look into shitting yourself constantly it's not healthy.

wait already? i thought that meme started getting forced like a week ago
gamer
thankfully nigger will never get filtered

name a good ideology

>You faggots can't handle my spaceship superiority

lmao dumb faggot
it was
my little pony fags
furries
AND
summerfags

ah there's your argument
>They only got deleted because of being a bigot sexist nazi!
>ok what about this other guy
>YOU MAD??

>Missed the glory of old /pol/
>Complains about nu/pol/
Fucking based

I really doubt we're going to get a lot of new ships before full release. Mods add plenty of ships for the people who want it so Alex will probably focus on ghameplay features.

these threads used to be good

>weebs
>he says on a fucking anime imageboard
I think the real cancer here is (You)

I mean the other dev

So... retarded newfags sperging at each other aside... how easy of a game is it to get into? Is this the kind of game you need to drop like 50 hours into before you can really play it?

Attached: 1563593863470m.jpg (768x1024, 77K)

I don't get mad when I see retards user. I just feel a small amount of pity and disgust that their allowed to steal oxygen from people capable of reason. Every group has it's trash. You picked some portraits as the hill you want to die on and i'm not stopping you i'm laughing.

>Watch Dogs 2 tranny
god i remember this shitshow
Yea Forums was actually more annoying about it than the game journalists who wouldn’t shut up about it

I LOVE PURO!

I sincerely apologize for derailing the thread into /pol/itics

Attached: Beaches in Australia.png (1918x1080, 516K)

Fuck, I bought a key to this game like several years ago and lost it, does anyone have any ideas how to crack this game proper, instead of changing a single line in jbe? Because that still keeps the Anti-piracy check in place ingame.

You can just ignore or hide the gay shit my dude

How do you not complain about the current state of /pol/? All it is at this point is schizos, underage fags and easily manipulated social outcasts.

R8 fleet

also hi people from the 7 starsector generals we had

Attached: 2019-08-03 18_52_23-Starsector 0.8.1a-RC8.jpg (1602x927, 262K)

>nigger will never get filtered
I wouldn't be so sure about that, roodypoo

>changedposting
based
why tho?

MLP didn't even exist when the trifecta was established, ya dumbo, summerfags was certainly a big one though, but it didn't last year-round

Attached: 1558098754457.png (544x415, 11K)

>lost it
do you not have the email you use? can also just ask the dev directly he's pretty nice about it

Call me back when he adds some story to follow because having a fleet and just roam around doesn't do it for me.

Im currently ripping the latest approlight updates Chinese version, does anyone else want it? Apparently theres some expansion system now, but I cant make much sense of it from the filenames.

Very easy to get into. Just expect to get your ass kicked along the way. Every battle. Every trade. Everytime.

Because I've lost control of my life.

Attached: 43915150_2195490207380948_7029792388875576550_n.jpg (972x762, 48K)

let’s talk about how Apogee is a shit cruiser instead

You don't complain because you realize what it is. It's a honeypot for patsies so that intelligence agencies can create criminals and concentrate them in a small easy influenced containment zone.

There is a political stance. What are you talking about? He literally makes an extremely loaded political point in the very post in the picture.

>prior to 2010
Forget to take your medication?

Attached: 1460398089591.png (356x605, 202K)

Just explore faggot and find data caches. The story is right there. Fuck why not put an alpha core into your colonies then remove it?

It has a big learning curve for sure and you will get your shit pushed in at the beginning until you figure out or read a guide on how to get a foothold.

I do know the Email, but I don't remember the password to it nor the security questions, otherwise I wouldn't have this issue, it's been a long time since I bought that key, kinda forgot this game even existed until now.

Attached: 1553467903043.png (900x600, 770K)

Shut the fuck up Appro-chan

search your email for bmtmicro it has a copy of the key you were sent

i started lurking in 2008 and remember Yea Forums was flooded with mlp and furry shit.

I'm sorry, $PLAYERNAME, but I'm afraid I can't do that.

well if you have any payment information you could still try asking the dev about it

Attached: 1551335587111.gif (350x350, 132K)

I will, thanks senpai!

>US and EU are now 50% black
nigga you are on some wacky tobacky

I give it a
>Diable Dreadnaught/10
That thing has worse flux than this thing and about 6x the weapon mounts and a bigger shield, so good luck fitting it out any meaningful way unless you're gonna skip 50% of the point defense slots and all of the large slots.
I really like that fleet though

Attached: Maelstrom.png (213x526, 113K)

Search Ssethteentch starsector on youtube and skip to 17:30 or something like that. The dude gave away a key that can be used infinitely.

Kekka dake da! Kono you ni wa kekka dake ga nokoru!

what is this, my interest is peaked because of how bad the diable dreadnaught is

>tactical-battle my main ship and smaller ships shred smaller pirate fleets to shreds with minimal damage sustained
>Try and actually manually use my main ship
>Can't penetrate the enemy ships shields worth a shit
Am I missing something? left click shoots my non-auto guns and right click shields and I'm not supposed to overheat. Is there some other button that shoots more guns.

>Ssethteentch
Toggle between your different weapons with the number keys you melon

Attached: 1505067610052.gif (500x281, 938K)

Your guns are split into groups 1 to 5, and when refitting the ship you assign which guns belong to which group. Generally the best option is to assign all front-facing guns to group 1 and the rest to group to, and enable automatic fire for group 2. Pressing buttons 1-5 lets you choose which group you are manually controlling.

*teleports behind you*
*unsheathes typhoon reaper*
pshhhh

not him but with this wayfarer freighter you start with for instance, wouldn't it be better to separate my dual auto cannon and assault gun into different weapon groups? That way I'm not wasting flux shooting High explosive into shields and kinetic into armor. Reminds me of playing mech warrior and making like 8 different weapon groups then having a separate alpha strike button

How about using Touhou portraits instead

sounds like you just dont have automatic fire on your weapon groups, you could even set it up so you can fly and control the ship while all your guns are controlled by the AI

how about using fairies instead of fighters and 2hus as ships

>literally too ćumbrained to use weapon groups
>these youtube star chasers are the ones bringing /pol/ into games

Technically it would be more efficient but switching weapons over and over is not a pleasant experience. Ah, also, this doesn't apply to missiles, since I rarely use them myself.

>ćumbrained
>/pol/
Oh irony. Go back to discord.

>you can fly and control the ship
>all your guns are controlled by the AI
Don't think you can do that.

bro set them to autofire
ctrl+number

bruh

you can

>US and EU are 50% black
Sounds totally not made up

What are some low-tech or mid-tech ships that can contend with the high tech ones?

I have yet to see an instance of a low-tech ship being better than Tri-Tachyon equivalents. Shields are just so much stronger than armor, and energy weapons generally stronger than ballistics

One group has to be selected, and selected group won't autofire. I still maintain that you can't - at least one weapon won't fire.

Alright here it is, the latest version of Appro, moonrunes and all!
dropbox.com/s/jvii1xnvr7gswri/ApproJuly30thUpdate.rar?dl=0

Mate just auto fit your weapon groups

there’s a mod for this I think

that’s not the point of your original question and you know it
do you HATE losing internet arguments this badly?

destroyer wise hammerheads and sunders are solid. Eagles are excellent cruisers and conquests are great in player hands and for capitals onslaughts and legions are good. It's not like there's a 1 for 1, of course a ship that cost 2x as much to field and maintain will be better than the one that isn't.

I'm not answering the original question. I quoted a post and specifically mentioned what you can't do.

Don't think so.

orite anons
is there any guide out there for a vanilla+ -like mod collection?

the double quad chainguns will rip most things that get in range, it can go toe to toe with most vanilla ships except paragon
Diable avionics fighter fleet with few cruisers that can poke where it hurts the most.

Attached: 2019-08-03 19_11_40-Starsector 0.8.1a-RC8.jpg (1602x927, 413K)

Hammerheads and sunders both get shit on by equivalent high-tech ships. I don't think there's a single low-tech destroyer that beats a Medusa

>anime
ok, cringe

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13431.0

Nice. Thanks.

>Sunders
>Eagles
>Conquests
None of these are good relative to their own tier level, let alone against high tech equivalents.

Playing Starsector just makes me wish Wayward Terran Frontier wasn't dead.

Sunder is amazing. Not sure how it fares vs Medusa 1v1, even though it's better in almost all stats that matter (except speed), but the heavy beam slot in addition to same two medium that medusa has makes it very good against almost any other destroyer.

Eagle is good, but not sure you can call it low-tech

It has 3 medium energy mounts and has good shields

just ignore defense with the pandemorium and go full ofense with the extra flux vent mod. add 2 carrier escorts and 4 frigates with decent speed and defense and fuck everything before they can fight back. reserve flicker core to run away when you can’t win the flux war

with combat skills and good, long range weapons there are almost no ships that you cannot fuck up. diable siege cannon and hipervelocity drivers for example are a good start, but there are better options in other mods

not really comparable. translation is hard work, makes sense they don't want some nigger taking credit for it

>even though it's better in almost all stats that matter (except speed)
Bruh, have you looked at Sunder's flux and shield stats?

it's still stealing and they certainly didn't get the author's permission
watermarking, especially obnoxiously covering the art, just degrades the viewing experience and ensures I will never give their website a single click

All right, flux/damage is terrible in comparison to Medusa. No, I didn't look at that.

What are you simulating against and what do you have mounted on your ship? If you're going up against heavy cruisers and the like, then yes, obviously you won't be able to put a dent in them with a wolf, unless you get a lucky reaper/harpoon missile in when they have their shields down. You could probably take on a mule without much trouble, and you should be able to absolutely rape any kind of unshielded frigate.

You can keep an empty group and select that one.

Last time I tried this the game didn't let me select an empty group.

No, that was me. I made those because people keep pestering us to leave.

IIRC Sunder also has one of the shallowest flux capacity in the destroyer lineup. A pretty huge problem for a ship that needs to fire its large slot to be worth the supply cost.

Yeah, but what if you absolutely despise space games? Is the gameplay, mechanics, dialogue, etc. good enough to ignore it's set in space?

Attached: 1564671328856.jpg (540x543, 75K)

Reminder that nazi mods are not allowed.

Alex puts you in charge of unfucking this piece of shit. What do you do?

Attached: OdysseyShipIcon.png (240x300, 71K)

For me, it's Omen, the best escort frigate in the game.

Attached: zapped.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

really anyone making mods like that on those forums should've seen it coming what with alex bitching about "holywood casting" (lmao) in one of the devblogs, I think the portraits one

slap a swastika on it

Nice

what sort of bonuses should I look for on planets if I want to colonize them?
When should I start colonizing planets?
I have 900k, a pristine forge, a beta core, and just found a fully kitted out battlecarrier for free but I need a constant income to compensate for maintenance and fuel costs

Ram ships and fry them at close range.

>3 large mount arcs now overlap in front
Congrats, it's good now. Broadside designs are complete fucking meme serving no purpose except being much less convenient to control just for the sake of it.

I was simulating against other frigates and combat freighters. They all had shields, except for one, which I pretty much killed in a single volley of missiles.
Tried to just YOLO it and the pirates in my starting system are actually pathetic. I pretty much kill 4 ships with just my frigate (I'm a brainlet and can't command a fleet properly). Also enlisted into the Hegemony without understanding what's going on, now they pay me for killing pirates (which I'm forced to do anyway) and pay me 30k/month just for existing (lmao). All the while I'm smuggling food to the local pirate base, because when I get caught with my ID off nothing happes, because food isn't illegal. I've also got some sabots from pirate wrecks and installed them instead of starting missiles, will probably help against shields.
Does trading with pirates on a black market affect my reputation of something? I can sell them food on their regular market, but I also believe taxation is theft (only when I'm the one paying).

He just forced some poor sap to delete his portrait mod because MesoSlowpoke had a meltdown about copyright in his thread.

habitable is obviously your priority
preferably the planet should have organics, ore and transplutonics in good amounts

Sunder's flux capacity and dissipation are toppest of tiers.

Attached: Untitled-2.png (1119x1845, 1.07M)

>Anonymous commenter on internet discussion relating to star sector vaguely references nazi symbolism
Wow, I didn't know Alex was a nazi.

I tried it but there's just too much shit to learn so I gave up

No bullying the Odyssey, she's a good ship

get an alpha core, it's the best administrator in the game. Terran and Terran Eccentric are what you should be looking for

Low hazard rating > high accessibility > natural resources

They are allowed but not on the steam workshop where they unleashed an increasingly autistic shitstorm between players which got picked up by journalists and almost had the dev publicly branded a nazi himself.

you can only select groups 1-5 if any of those have no weapons in them you can still select them and all the other groups will still fire automatically. Even moreso: the last selected group with weapons in it will leave its firing arcs up, so you can select your main guns, then go to an empty group and see your main range and the AI will do all the aiming and shooting for you

That's pitifully small for the shield/flux damage.

okay, i'll bite

Attached: file.png (636x25, 3K)

You get a reduction in reputation for making exceptionally large trade with any of faction's enemies. Though if you don't care about reputation hit for being caught with transponder off, I don't think this applies to you anyway. You are supposed to turn it off just before landing on pirate planet, and turn it off right after taking off.

blacks actually went down a percent in the us since last year(14% to 13%)
mainly cause too many fucking mexicans actually overall increased the population but the us is going to basically look like south america in 50 years not africa

Yeah, that was me at first. Focused mostly in salvaging and taking down pirates and eventually did merc work with Hegemony. Barely touched trade runs and missions.

why bother torrenting it

They aren't allowed on the forum or Nexus either.

Broadside makes sense on ballistic ships because of how ballistic weapons work (kinetic weapons on one side to kill shields, explosive weapons on other side to kill armor)

On energy weapons, broadside is just retarded and makes the ship worse.

I think Odyssey's weapon mounts should be changed so that it has lots of side-facing PD, and one forward-facing integrated weapon. Something created just for it, and unremovable, like the Onslaught's thermal pulse cannons

vast ruins and less than 150% hazard with a domain relay is good enough to make a profit out of it, anything else is extra. don’t be too afraid of accesibility in far away systems, you can get it high enough with free port, megaport and a good admin. while everything builds up leave your ships except an exploring one and make exploration contracts to make up initial loss

Shield/flux damage is horrible, I admitted it, but if you're doing all the shooting from the safety of your large laser weapon distance, then you don't care too much about your shields being inefficient.

How do we unfuck the Eagle?

Attached: Screenshot022.png (182x254, 56K)

You're right. Just checked it and it does work. I wonder if this is a recent change because I somehow remember not being able to do exactly that.

I've had 3 vast ruins fully mined out and gotten nothing but shitty fighter LPCs. Why do people say it's so good

Add one more fighter bay and bring back High Energy Focus, or let it have 4 bays and Targeting Feed. Odyssey isn't bad but Plasma Burn's short boosts feel awkward with its maneuverability without skills or hull mods.

>mexicans will finally do the job that wh*te am*ricans should have done many years ago and wipe out the black population of the US
based

You can see her labia and sweaty butthole

fug

Attached: aaaa.png (411x290, 105K)

you need to build a tech mining industry in the colony, not just the initial cleanup. you’ll get a ton of shit on the initial months

>implying an e-celeb putting the game in the spotlight is bad
I wish this game had the the community of mod creators that Skyrim has.

>SS went through four updates
>II entirely reworked and updated
>Tiandong STILL not done its rework.

>reputation hit for being caught with transponder off
It's was like (-2) reputation, killing a pirate is (+3).
>You are supposed to turn it off just before landing on pirate planet, and turn it off right after taking off
But then I get swarmed by a million pirate fleets while flying close to the planet.

Also, how much do I need to safely leave my starting system? I've just realized that Hegemony is at war with the entire galaxy, will I get shot on sight? There are multiple 80k missions around, and they seem like fetch quests (scan a derelict).

?
it's fine as it is, a generalist ship. 3 med ballistic and 3 med energy is enough to fuck most things and maneuvering jets lets you retreat or chase

ya, I did colonize them. month after month I just got supplies, fuel, and shit. Not a single blueprint

Eagle's only issue is having enough weapon mounts to build up flux quickly but it can back away safely with maneuvering jets. Buffing it would make it incredibly strong, we don't need another Aurora/Doom. But I'm on board if Eagle's medium energy mounts were synergy and if Eagle (P) had full ballistic/composite with Accelerated Ammo Feeder.

You should be fast enough to outrun most. Being at war with half galaxy is not fun though, early in the game. You can pretty much leave any time you want, though it's best to say for first two months while the "kill pirates in corvus system" mission is active. Also I think pirates will attack you even if you have your transponder off.

Attached: Sunder-chan.jpg (505x1040, 269K)

It might be, not sure if I remember doing it before the colony update. Super useful though, I always leave wep slot 5 open because of it, "equipping" the point defense wep slot and then going to 5 is pretty cool for seeing where you need to go to catch missiles and fighters for other ships if you're flying a point defense beast

>it actually works
seth really is chaotic good, showing people how to download a $15 game for free for the sake of exposure

maybe it got nerfed in 9.1 and I’m not aware then. still, if you are hungry for BP and you can’t fight fully operational [REDACTED] it’s worth a shot. that or look up for research stations in neutron star/black hole systems

generalists don’t work in this game. Eagles can’t have a optimal weapons range because all of its eggs are split between the medium energy and medium ballistic slots. It can punch down well, but then there are much cheaper alternatives that can punch down and fielded easier.

It's alright. Like other's say the combat is good but it's an incomplete and unbalanced game with such patchy lore I personally find it difficult to get muh immersion.

who /autopulse sunder/ here? fire a few sabots to build the enemy flux then hit high energy focus and rip and tear with the extended magazine.

So now that big youtuber has made avideo about it, what else is going to be brought to the light of the unwashed masses next?

hope he makes a Dominions 5 video just so we can see the absolute ermor shitfest of our lifetime

Attached: EA-OmqoXkAEqxea.jpg (640x470, 38K)

The problem is the current mod community is elitist and hostile towards IP mods.

Combat is AMAZING. The rest is average or above average.

what should i go for at the start of the game once i finish those hegemony missions? should i just start raiding pirates?

Why are the pirates so cute?

Attached: file.png (898x243, 122K)

Apparently I got banned from the discord yesterday for asking where NGO went. Strange.

Does it work like Space Rangers, where technology progresses as time goes on? So early in the game there will only be shitty weapons everywhere, then better ones after a few years pass, etc.

I played Dominions 4 and never managed to really get into it. I won few games vs AI but barely used any magic at all. It also felt extremely micromanagement-heavy.
Although Dominions definitely feels like a fitting game for sseth.
I wonder why he never did any Paradox games videos?

Is there any place other than their discord where I can ask how to edit and compile existing mods? I hear they don't like people editing their stuff even if private.

What's so terrible about them? Personally it's Ashdod Anakites I fucking hate.

the discord is run by this guy go figure

Probably Dominions.
I don't think too many people will flock to it though. It's worse than DF in terms of autistic depth.

no. However if you sell blueprints to pirates and blackmarkets pirates will eventually start using the ships from those blueprints. It's nice to see pirates fielding paragons

please tell me theres a warhammer 40k mod

Different missions will pop up you can do or you can do local pirate bounties, you're almost encouraged to help patrols lure and kill pirates for money/reputation.

Combat is amazing but I find the fun factor diminishes the bigger your fleet gets.

it's pretty good
but the colony building is so fucking annoying, I just want to hang out and find AI Ship blueprints to become the dominator of the galaxy for fuck sake, the fact that the AI can infinitely raise fleets even after I destroyed the 100th Capital ship is annoying

They kind of have to be elitist. The current copyright laws enable the big name rights holders (the types of companies that hoard IP and make their earnings purely through litigation) to go after individuals and small websites if they’re not seen as “policing their own content” for “violators.” Even the unpaid forum jannies can be held accountable and sued for the shirt on his back.

>See a couple of webms for this game about a year back
>Looks cool, ask the guy who posted it what the game is
>Five or six other people also looking for the game
>Dude who posted the webms is being a faggot and wont tell anyone what the game is
>Seen him a few times since then, still refusing to tell people what the game is posting the same two webms
I hope that autist is here now screaming in rage that people found his sekrit game.

Oh, so maybe I got banned for saying that I make private edits of certain mods.

>warhammer 40k mod
Not allowed without strict written permission by GW. I think there was one a long time ago but its dead.

that's theft! yeah they're a joke

Sorry user, there's no cure for mental retardation yet

Last mention of NGO on discord is monday. You are allowed to discuss it. I denied holohoax on SS discord multiple times and they only gave me a temporary mute "because it aggravated other forum members".

Could you blame him? Now that it’s popular, the stormniggers are crawling out and shitposting about muh nazi mods without a minute of actual game time played.

I'm glad it's getting attention, in the unlikely hope it speeds up development.

Attached: another waifu mod.png (1111x486, 574K)

I always double the speed per burn level of everyone in the settings these days, makes the downtime with large fleets more bearable

Surely you can just make it slightly derivative of WH40k. I mean did Blizz ever pay Games Worskhop for making Starcraft?

Why would anyone do that? But you remind me that I should make more webms.

Attached: reaper torpedo volley.webm (1067x600, 2.93M)

not enough POC, not allowed on MY modding forum or discord

>deny the holocaust
>they mute you
>but editing other's people's shit without their permission is worse in their eyes

I have no words

Attached: doomed.png (300x300, 64K)

another one

Attached: Its a trap CHARGE.png (1920x1080, 712K)

Why would it ever?

this one is mine, i got it from a thread here
she looks like she's from a VN where she gets gangraped by her crew but i don't know which and it's driving me nuts

Attached: 1457218301208.png (443x600, 248K)

No, I got banned yesterday. Asked the name of the mod with black and red ships cause I didn't remember it. Also said that it's a pity that things get taken down but it's really Alex's private site so it ends up being his decision.

But those are anime waifus user, and we all know that anime characters no matter how white they look are 100% Japanese.

fuck off back to /pol/ you dumb kike

And Warcraft.
It's amazing how Blizz got their two crowning games by ripping off GW.
GW must be fucking fuming.

Well if the dev sees there's suddenly a lot of interest and therefore more $$$, that's some valid motivation to focus more time on it.

Sunder-chan was the first cool looking craft I found. Bless

>Why would anyone do that?
Autism

just look it up on vndb, it can't be that hard to find

GW deserves to be cucked. The story goes that Blizzard originally begged GW for a 40K licensing agreement but GW chimped our and refused, even after seeing the success of Warcraft.

All that happens is the modder gets an email requesting the take down of the mod. It's also incredible unlikely to happen considering every space game has a Star Wars and Star Trek mod with zero issue.

>slightly derivative
Stealing and modifying? Not allowed. Jokes aside, I want it too but I can only hope for an autist blessed enough to make nice spritework and dive in to make the mod. Even ripping models from BFG and making modified images to blend with the style would be acceptable to me.

>speeds up development
Maybe then it will be another 4 years instead of 9.

Warcraft is obviously a copy of Warhammer Fantasy too.
It gives me a raging hardon to see GW cucked out of so much money just because they hate videogames.

HOW THE FUCK DO I BUILD NEW SHIPS.
DO I REALLY HAVE TO MAKE A COLONY? CANT I FUCKING BUY ONE?

*slaps your fleet ass*

Attached: 83FFFEF5-D1C5-49C1-8A03-4076A1B380DD.png (612x720, 558K)

you can't talk to me that way, sweetie
I'll have you know I'm the head of the official unofficial community discord and a respected modder. Nothing gets by without my opinion.

How do i buy new ships?
I got schematics for some awesome ships but can't find any place where i could have them built.

You can only use those once you have your own colony with heavy industry.

Until then you just buy ships from planets by opening your fleet screen and switching the tabs at the top.

Buy or pirate? Is there a demo?

You want to buy a ship or a colony? If it's a ship, just go to a colony and go to the fleet tap and click "buy".

And speaking of which, where can I find a bloody phase ship.

Go to a station/planet shop, then go to your fleet view as usual. There you can buy/sell ships, both damaged scrap and brand new ones.

You can't buy one. And even when you make a colony, to make new ships you need blueprints, which can be obtained either by exploring or by ground invading someone's planet with neavy industry or orbital works on it.

Download from the official site, use the key from sseth video.

Pirate to check it out then buy it because it's really good.

Pirate, then buy if like.
It's not hard science.

The modding community and ship designs they put out for this game is really amazing. It's one of the best things about the game. You can extend empires and factions to crazy levels.

Tri-Tachyon colonies, if you're lucky you can find some in the open market. Sometimes I find phase ships in Persean League and Independent markets, but usually its Tempests and Herons there. Most of the time I just have to go to a dozen neutron stars and hope I get the blueprint from the research station.

Download it from their website and use this code when it asks you for one.
It's infinite use, anyone can use it as many time as they like.

Attached: StarSector.png (748x63, 75K)

That would be awesome. The game would probably need quite a lot of tweaking to fit the 40k setting too, like swap cash for requisition points or some shit. I'm not sure how the Imperial Navy arranges or assigns it's fleets but I'm guessing it would need to be limited by rank and reputation. A Rogue Trader mod would be really cool though and skip over most of those concerns.

Stellaris, SotSE, OpenXcom (even steals assets from an official 40k game) have 40k mods. MesoFaggot is fearmongering over some shit that might be a problem, but probably never will be.

1 release per year
each release is about the content that most other devs do in 2-3 months

The only good thing is that he's consistently been updating the game for ten years, but it's clearly a backburner 'work on it when I feel like it" project for him.

>hockey stick graph
lemme telly ou how I know this is fake

>be a poorfag crewman
>wageslaving on an illegally modified freighter
>the captain is some wanted pirate supplier or someshit

>finally getting a shore leave, aww yiss
>gonna fuck those washed up Tri-thots who are "working abroad"
>suddenly, port authority barges in
>it's the Luddic Pathers and they demand to search the ship for contraband
>the entire crew scrambles, hiding porno disks and vaping devices

what do

Attached: q.jpg (640x400, 49K)

Is it true that enemy fleets scale with yours? Is it ship quality, character level, number of ships? Is it worth to upgrade your military ships if the enemy will get stronger in response?

>stellaris nazi mod
>all it did was create a species of human with no black portraits

It's amazing what gets called nazi these days

pretty soon you'll be a nazi for thinking white people should have their own countries to live in

You know how the brits sent their criminals to the new unexplored continent of Australia?
Do you remember that in Starcaft humanity sends their criminals in giant colony ships to fuck off from Earth and find a place to live somewhere else?

>pretty soon
user...

I too saw the Seth video.

> you'll be a nazi for thinking white people should have their own countries to live in
you're about 80 years too late buddy

The fucking crewmember on the right, kek
>my feet hurt
>i wish i was back on station playing holovidya
>why won't this nigger stop yelling at me
>i'm just trying to move a crate
>what's even in here, dragon dildos?

People who like and want to abuse power seek it out.

That's why regular joes who don't really give a shit need to apply for and move into those positions and do the work they don't want to do, because that duty keeps asshat retards like this out of positions of authority where they can hurl abuse like this.

>the Persean Sector is just a giant penal colony where the Domain sent all of their scum
deepest lore

no. bounties scale though, the more bounties you do the higher the pay later ones will be until you start getting deserter bounties which are pretty much rogue faction fleets.

Tell them about the Dickerson's furry vore stash, fuck that guy.

what sprites?

All the ones I've seen looked fine and no more out of place than any other mods for the game

Should I take those 120000-credit missions that send me to the other side of the galaxy?
It feels like I'm spending a ton of cash on supplies and fuel, and then I get my shit pushed in by storms.

>install more RAM
Download moar RAM
More like StarShit, remember to pirate by editing the jar.

Attached: basedalex.png (2363x305, 26K)

hy are you shading this.

Why the fuck would I give money to someone who is contributing to the end of western civilization?

it's literally free money lad, the supplies and fuel cost for a small fleet is nothing, just get a dram/phaeton and a taurus and you're good to go.

Don't bother with the key, it'll get removed in the next update. You don't have to extract the entire jar nowadays, JBE can dig deep.

Attached: sseditinstructions.png (890x328, 57K)

they are rarely worth it unless you have the fuel/supply skills or there’s an exploration contract/ or an unexplored black hole/neutron star system nearby

No offense, are you an ESL?

Depends on your fleet size and if that reputation gain is important. It isn't so bad if you have other missions to take on the way, just toggle starscape to see if there are clearer paths to get there so you aren't going into constant storms.

/pol/ please.

I chose the "fast" explorer start that gives me a big ship, plus some little ones, and then I got a hammerhead (which apparently has extensive damage so I guess I should sell it) and a sunder.
I have no idea if that's a small fleet.

No. Fuck you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: red planet.png (1920x1080, 578K)

>le pole bogeyman
eat shit retard

show bounty ships that are shown

NEVER SHOULD'VE COME HERE

I don't know if you can repair extensively damaged ships in latest updates, but if so a well kitted Hammerhead as your main ship can fuck up a lot of enemy fleets single handedly.

Please, assume position.

Attached: Fisto.jpg (640x400, 41K)

People are pissed off about the dev and his gang of orbiters blacklisting mods and banning the modders from the forums because they have an anime girl in the portraits and they didn't get written permission from the studio saying they could have their waifu in the game, the SJW bullshit is just a signal light drawing attention to a shithead developer milking a niche game to enlarge his circle of sycophants.

It isn't too big of a deal if you can make a round trip, if that fast start has the Apogee. You can also restore ships at markets to remove (D) mods if they bother you, they aren't the end of the world but at least in most cases it means cheaper to operate.

prep your boipussy h*man

*laughs in [REDACTED]*
youtube.com/watch?v=M906kiFzHuY

Is there ANY fleet that can stand up to Remnants? And Im not just talking regular remnants, Im talking about remnant ordos with 5x Tachyon Lance battleships

Imagine what kind of desperate empty life those orbiters must lead, they're their own worst punishment and I hope they're suffering.

anime is banned by feminists in the future, piracy is the only way anime girls can survive

>/pol/ is a boogeyman

Unlike the boogeyman, /pol/ is very real and is very actively ruining everything they touch with they obsession of their brand of racist identity politics. Someday you will see the light and stop blaming minorities for all your problems.

Anything that EMPs and survives the shotgun does well. Tachyon lance paragon is the best bet - it easily survives the shotgun from tachyon lance blinks (and you can use fort shield to block the post-shield EMP) and since they have no shield, your tachyon lances just rape them.

I thought being gamered was a second life thing

Could this work?
youtube.com/watch?v=XNcyzVTVMT4

Attached: what..png (287x291, 163K)

I have similar issue just asked and given them name i used and they send me code back.

It's an amazing ship when used as a sniper. It can just put constant pressure from long range and soak up loads of damage with it's shields.

>Someday you will see the light and stop blaming minorities for all your problems
Thank you for the inspiring message of a world free of minorities and kikes, where the light of god shines upon the world and we can work together as one white nation and reach for the stars.

Not a whole lot can stand up the Tachyon Lance rape, I think there was even a silly boss fleet that threw a dozen of them at you.

Attached: screenshot454.png (2560x1440, 2.25M)

yeah when they're all dead

If you're not racist, you're a sheltered moron, and you'll feel very foolish one of these days when you're hurt, or stolen from, or someone you know gets murdered. And it will be happening, more and more often, as dipshits like you continue to support those that would increase their numbers and loosen the grip of law and order every year.
But maybe, you're one of those that's so completely retarded and spiritually dominated, that you will refuse to accept the truth even after it literally destroys your life, like Robert Tibbetts

Not really, just bit some of the most obvious bait I've ever seen

>stop blaming minorities for all your problems.
Then tell minorities to stop causing problems lmao

>your feet hurt
>you wish you were back on home station playing holovidya
>you can't believe that this Luddite gets to play pew pew police on a pirate station
>he keeps yelling at you in that weird phlegm-y dialect of interworld
>you've just had it
>"DICKERSON," you blurt out
>the Luddic Pather raises an eyebrow
>"Dickerson is s-super into furry vore porno," you stutter like the autist you are while pointing at Dickerson
>he looks at you like you just murdered his son
>fuck Dickerson, he's a huge dick and probably eats Tri-pods
>the Luddite shoves you and Dickerson aside and starts rummaging through DIckerson's footlocker
>"hah!" the Luddite shouts with disgust as he fishes out an armful of data cubes. "Ludd ackbar, you shameless pig!"
>some of the data cubes are labeled "furry vore porno #91" and "girls taking cock for hegemoney" among other things
>holy shit, you were just memeing
>the Luddite signals for some scary looking muhreens to take Dickerson away
>well, at least that's one less competition for the Tri-thot prostitutes
>Dickerson did always steal your favorite hookers on shore leaves
>fuck that guy

Song name?

are you joking

>/pol/ will never be ip range shadowbanned from all boards
why live

you'll never stop /pol/island

Yeah you're right, might as well kill yourself.

>shadowbanning
>a good thing
Fuck off, redditor.

Sry, got no clue.

I wish your kind would forget how to breathe

Dominions is overpriced for what the game is desu

>shadowbans are a good thing
Get out and don't forget to go down the road and not across the street.

One of the best multiplayer games of all time is overpriced for what it is? Interesting.

Attached: screenshot235.png (2560x1440, 1.92M)

Ask on /gif/, they use that track a lot.

see how the rats scramble when they're threatened

>girls taking cock for hegemoney
which station do i go to for this rare commodity?

If you can't understand why the rest of Yea Forums doesn't like wimpy white guys flooding into threads and screaming about minorities and degenerates, you deserve to be shadowbanned.

Attached: 99220-004-C89CC94F.jpg (300x199, 6K)

>dev banning weeb pedophiles
holy fucking shit, infinitely based

>threatened
You couldn't threaten a sandwich, you literal nigger faggot

CONQUEST IS PERFECT
ABOVE WORLD LEVEL

Disregarding the quality of the channel itself, think it's nice to have some form of cultural centerpiece which decides a flavor of the week.
It means a lot of people will flock to a single game and discuss it rather than people individually playing different obscure games which leaves much less opportunity for discussion.

shadowbans aren't a threat, it's just cowardice

>get absolutely smashed by the red planet fleet
>end up completely smashing the anomalous station fleet
luv me carriers, simple as.

Attached: anomalous station.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

not a /pol/fag but shadowbans have no fucking place anywhere, least of all Yea Forums(nel)

A portrait pack has been removed because it has a portrait that looks sorta like Robocop in it.

I finally found one of these and fucking raped it, its so many fleet points that the enemy can't send it out while also having enough support for it, wasn't even difficult in the slightest to overwhelm.

Shadowbanning is the calling card of a wimpy pussyboy who takes dick from strangers, fuck off faggot.

You're right.
Anyone who makes a post on /pol/ should be explicitly banned from all other boards for 24 hours.

Have an obese Onslaught as reward for shitposting to bump limit.

Attached: screenshot020.png (2560x1440, 1.6M)

>threatened

what is your brother a moderator on Yea Forums?
the fuck you going to do faggot?

cry more

Attached: 1515824673015.gif (313x225, 1.39M)

>e-celeb
I mean, he makes youtube videos sure, but he doesn't stream or blog or anything. He doesn't promote himself as a public figure and makes all of his videos in the guise of a jewish ugandan mercenary.

>using masuryan ships
are you fag user?

why the fuck is it so blue

>cultural centerpiece
Piss off. Yea Forums has been talking about this game for ages, it's just we've all moved on because the dev is milking his forum users for blowjobs and it's only worth playing whenever the big updates hit. Next time it'll be worth playing is when 1.0 hits and we all find out that it's going to the epic store because it has no modding scene there and he can keep it on lock down.

Wat mod?

Yeah, how dare someone not be against the destruction of western civilization.

Because Alex won't allow in-game paint jobs.

Blue

Attached: bbwslaught.jpg (2560x1440, 653K)

why are you even here if you hate what this place is?

No really what is the logic in that?
>Come to place
>Wooooow I like this place but these people all need to be banned
>Bans everyone
>wtf how come this place isn't fun anymore

>everyone
bold claim, nigger
there's not a single minority on the planet that screams as loud as /pol/cucks

>you know, the regular Onslaught just wasn't thicc enough
>we must go thiccer

not him but fuck you, the mako is an absolute top tier frigate.

Was the technology of "paint" also one of the design chips that was lost during the collapse?

What if we had lost the design chips for porn?

>blue
great mod, do you have a pic of the mod’s star fortress?

Dude. This game doesn't fuck you over permanently unless you fuck up on money

I'm pretty sure there must be at least one Luddite sect that's devoted its entire existence to wiping out porn.

>not using only (P) versions

Attached: screenshot069.png (1920x1080, 686K)

>look at me
>i'm the pirate now