Female Protags Don't Help Your Game

archive.is/MKjjn

>Speaking with VG247, BioWare's David Silverman says that 18% "of everyone who plays Mass Effect" uses the female version of Commander Shepard. So, a little under one in five.

Reminder that 82% of gamers played Male Shepard - if you're part of that 18% that played FemShep, you're a numale or a homo. Why don't devs understand this?

Attached: 83je.jpg (1410x1650, 273K)

do you think that everyone who played mass effect is magically connected to the internet and shares all data with bioware? sounds like you're gay and homosexual.

There's no reason to assume the people that don't share their data with Bioware would have a different choice spread.

So there are closetedfags that played ME2 as Femshep in their panties with a pirated copy?

AAAaaAAA CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION IS BAD PLEASE REMOVE IT

That's kind of a stupid opinion mate.

Why would you choose generic Greek assassin over hottie?

>female protags dont help your game

Attached: 73596F7D-F47B-493A-8EEA-7A9113A66CE6.jpg (1332x2795, 921K)

Not the main character, Ryu is

Nowhere did OP state "main characters"

Then why are you posting about that granny? Post a relevant hottie SF character like Poison or Sakura

?

Attached: 1536383694258.png (411x81, 19K)

What the fuck do you think the word "PROTAG" means?

>79% of people played Leon as their first playthrough

This is dumb. They could have just liked the character, this is a remake, not a new IP. Or just picked the first option to get in the game as fast as possible.

Also, while we're on the topic, diversity is a good thing as it creates good stories if the writing is good. The whole conversation can be summed up as "people will enjoy the story if the character is good and fits the narrative".

And he listed plural "protagonists" of which fighting games do indeed encompass many, and if what you say is true, that Ryu is indeed "the main character" then that means she completely overshadowed the main male protagonist without the devs intention. Want to keep going?

Attached: BB3F877A-A5E6-4691-B92D-10EED4043692.jpg (1122x1600, 419K)

but OP didn't write "PROTAG" he wrote "Protags" plural. And fighting games do indeed have multiple protags.

At this point, both of the characters you mentioned are "grannies".

You are replying to a spambot

Attached: chrome_maayaD1Txd.png (724x2139, 128K)

I don't care about any of that, I only care that you thought the OP wasn't talking about main characters while he very clearly was you illiterate fuck.

how do i know YOU are not the bot?

I never replied to the OP, shut up.

>i dont care about facts i just want to spin a narrative here buddy

reading you loud and clear buddy.

>game with replay value as one of its main draws
How do they even figure that number out? Does this mean only 18% ever picked a different option in one of their playthroughs?

>if you're part of that 18% that played FemShep, you're a numale or a homo.
or a female

>Want to keep going?
Gas.

Why do you think I only responded to the post I replied to, and not the original Chun Li post? Dipshit.

Stop replying to a bot.

Attached: chrome_BjrM4dlg1D.png (765x2137, 156K)

nice spam bro, enjoy your vacation

There are people who will only ever play through a game once

Or people that play half of the game, and then stop playing it entirely

Stats like these only inform you of one thing:
>if your game has a voiced protag then allowing a male and female option is a waste of money and you should just choose 1 gender and roll with it
This is because narratively allowing for multiple genders is very expensive if your game also features VO, even more so with different mocap/lip sync.

Attached: 8dd390cf0878ebfe78251bfd5d3fa48f--final-fantasy-video-games.jpg (499x600, 32K)

Again, I never replied to the OP you fucker. Learn to read.

OP's still full of shit though, ten that means the intended mai protag of the game was overshadowed by a female who WASN'T even the main protag of the game. That makes it even worse and i dont care about your arbitrary feelings that means you somehow get to fart out "doesn't count"

How many people do you think would beat and replay AC Odyssey?
What percentage?

No idea what you're talking about, again, I don't care about that. Just wanted to point out how an illiterate was being retarded.

Cute girls > men > ugly womyn

Femshep sounds like a Canadian chainsmoker and Kassandra looks like a tranny. So no wonder they're not popular. In Mass Effect's case you can't even make a good looking FemShep without mods unlike MaleShep that has a premade face, sculpted after a male model. The sculpted face for femShep in ME3 is easily one of the ugliest female characters ever.

RE2 example is kinda irrelevant since you're meant to play both to get the full experience. It's not the same.

Attached: 1564647415682.jpg (457x459, 36K)

>i dont want to really discuss the subject i am just here to police gramatical and logical falacies

please fuck off

Don't make stupid posts then.

sure thing OP

Hi, OP! Did you evade your last rangeban so soon already?

Attached: chrome_TNk3kepi4Y.png (831x1985, 90K)

Manly Men>Cute Girls>Bishounen Twinks>Ugly Women. But what really makes shit work is the story context and what will give the most fun options to play around with, be they creative, cosmetic or story decisions.

Attached: 1564007937052.jpg (339x339, 30K)

I'm not op xD