The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

Attached: Silent.gif (720x574, 3.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=lQR3SRggiF0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Still the greatest horror game ever created, 20 years later.

>tfw it's been literally 20y since SH1 came out, yet Jewnami did not celebrate the occasion even with a small mention.

Attached: harry mason - man of action.jpg (600x686, 85K)

I'm not surprised. Nobody cares about SH but a small, rabid fanbase and anything Konami would have done would have only invited their whining.

good

let it rest in peace

>Nobody cares about SH but a small, rabid fanbase
Nigga, every other normie knows and loves classic SHs, especially 2.

yeah let's not pretend SH is niche, it's the other survival horror normies know about other than RE

Agreed. I finished once and never again, this game still gives me nightmares.

1 and 2 are masterpieces

Attached: 1561211206372.gif (460x348, 481K)

>I finished once and never again,
Such a waste.
I've finished it a good ~40 times now. It never gets old, and still terrifies me. The atmosphere is pure gold; not even its prettier sequels quite get it right.

Attached: SH1 -Darkie.jpg (2540x1429, 382K)

Unpopular opinion: Downpour was a solid game on paper, they nailed the Silent Hill theme, and the story and characters were memorable. The game really fell apart because it didn't deliver on being a free-roaming survival game like it appears they intended it to be.

don't leave out 3

Wrong. That is the delusion of the SH fanbase. The reality is normies know and love RE but SH is that franchise they mostly only heard about. SH has never been a high selling franchise. It peaked at SH2 with only a couple of million sales. It nose dived in sales with SH3 and by SH4 nobody gave a shit anymore. Contrary the fanbases' belief, westerners did not kill the franchise. It had already been dead for years before they got their hands on it.

So, Silent Hill thread?
SH thread! Lemme re-post the LATEST SH PC Guide + DL links, before some poor soul slaps some obsolete version ITT:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE install tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work.
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate using ePSXe or PCSX-R.

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>tl;dr:
1) download games
2) install games
3) unpack the mod(s) on top
4) play the games

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty! Especially in case of #2!
-Replaying them all is recommended; tons of replay value.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

Attached: SH PC Guide 1st MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

I "like" downpour more than 99.9% of the fanbase and practically everything you said was still wrong. Its a bad game, its an absolutely terrible silent hill game and it has very little to make it worth ignoring those two things. Watch the twin perfect video on it because they go far more in depth than I ever would bother to even if a few of their complaints are retarded like the button layout. The only thing downpour does well is the basic setup for the plot/ game but at that point you want to compare it to SH4 which has that and actually creepy visuals/ good music on top

how do we feel about twin perfect?

Based guideanon

I repalyed 1-2-3-4 thanks to you

just dropping into say that most normies do not know anything about the Silent Hill games but they do know about "Silent Hill" if you get me...

they all know Pyramid Head (and whenever they play SH1 they always complain that they "missed" him), they all know that a siren is usually heard through Otherworld transitions, they all know about the fog and the snow (well, the ash since that's what the movie called it), and they know that every SH game/movies since 4 has been based around the protagonist forgetting something important for no reason and then suddenly remembering it at the end.

They're pretty good and make wikifags seethe real hard
I agree with most of their things
Don't give a shit about the drama

>he reality is normies know and love RE but SH is that franchise they mostly only heard about.
It's nearly the polar opposite in many cases. I know tons of mental health professionals, musicians and what not, that cite SH2 to being their biggest inspiration. Don't even get me started with gamedevs and -journalists.

Sales do not equal total fame. Not to mention ~2 Mil sold copies was still an extremely great result back in 2001.

>by SH4 nobody gave a shit anymore.
No, (You) did not give a shit any more.
Many people still enjoyed 4, me included, and folks were still optimistic towards the next installments, all the way to PT.
If anything, PT's legendary status is a living proof that there was more than plenty of love towards 4.

>Contrary the fanbases' belief, westerners did not kill the franchise. It had already been dead for years before they got their hands on it.
You're only half correct.
It was Konami who killed the series, by never truly giving a fuck of Silent Hill, and ultimately disbanded the Team in similar manner as they did with Kojima Productions later on. The fact that they started whoring the IP's dead corpse to ignorant and arrogant western fuckers only dug its grave deeper.

Yet, claiming that the SH games would not have been well known, well loved and praised titles, that still enjoy universal acclaim and attract tons of new players each year (mostly thanks to fan efforts), just shows some extreme ignorance.

The most based story & theme summaries for the titles, and extremely good historical documentary -type analysis & review videos later on.
The "jokes" are very hit or miss, and I generally don't give a fuck of that.

>motherfuckers around me pretending SH is niche when the number one game plagiarized by indie horror games and AAA horror games is silent hill 2

*puts disc in system and plays*

You didn't sell all your precious games, did you user?

Attached: sh games.jpg (4781x3006, 1.44M)

does the otherworld run on renewable energy

I never got why people found this scene to be good.
Lisa had about 7 lines of dialogue before this and I'm supposed to treat her death as some big deal.

You are demonstrating yourself to be nothing more than a deluded fanboy.
>It was Konami who killed the series, by never truly giving a fuck of Silent Hill, and ultimately disbanded the Team in similar manner as they did with Kojima Productions later on
Here, for example. This is crap. SH3 and 4 were made by Team Silent. Konami gave them a budget and free reign. The result of this was SH3 sold less than half what SH2 did and SH4 sold even worse than that. The idea that if Konami has just left this mythical "Team Silent" alone to make SH games then everything would be fine is such a complete and utter load of bullshit and yet the fucking retard fanbase keeps spouting it.

The franchise has NEVER been a huge success. For it's first two games it did respectable well enough but after that it was dead and it was dead not because Konami sabotaged it or because Team Silent wasn't making the games, it was dead because the vast majority of the market doesn't give a fuck about it.

good use of music. Also pay more attention to lisas character. Theres more going on in the periphery than her lines of dialogue

I think it's supposed to be a gut-punch rather than a tear-jerker. You were led to believing that Lisa was not only in the same situation as Harry/Cybil but could actually provide some answers. Only she didn't want to give any answers because she only cared about Harry taking care of her, since nobody else would.

i wish i got to grow up in a comfy town like silent hill. Without the supernatural shit of course.

>Theres more going on in the periphery than her lines of dialogue
great, i'm still not attached to her in any way

now why would I do that ?

Attached: 67916807_2354704267977589_4879279570643058688_n.jpg (2048x1152, 236K)

>tfw sold my xbox classic and ps2 only to buy them back years later

Attached: 1564224297860.jpg (500x500, 52K)

>The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean?

What a weird answer. Anyway thats why you dont find the scene good

APOLOGIZE
youtube.com/watch?v=lQR3SRggiF0

Attached: file.png (609x352, 316K)

I did not, but it is naive to assume that everyone would have even owned the games at some point, or that total newbies would willingly go all out and hunt down some used retro consoles and games.
The PC ports are just so damn practical and beautiful. Damn good way to experience the SH saga, and excellent method of archiving them for future generations.

Attached: my Silent Hill game collection 2018.jpg (1833x1415, 897K)

Gore frightens people.

Blaustein's work, probably

Fear of blood = Alessa fearing her own mother
Fear for the flesh = Alessa fearing other people and attempting to stop them instead of helping them stop the Otherworld

>You are demonstrating yourself to be nothing more than a deluded fanboy.
Explain. I do not see how knowing that everyone and their mothers are at least aware of SH and how different they can be from mainstream offerings signals any sort of delusions or fanboyism.

>SH3 and 4 were made by Team Silent. Konami gave them a budget and free reign.
Except they did not. SH4 especially was pushed out pre-maturely, resulting tons of cut corners and overall rushed feel.

Both games still have their lovers, and I'd love to see some actual, up-to-date sales figures, instead of some 15yo PS2-only estimates.
Not to mention if you really want to toy with the "muh sales!" meme, then one could argue that because PS2 literally had NO GAEMS during its first year or two, most folks flocked to SH2 for the sole reason that it was something decent and new.

>The franchise has NEVER been a huge success.
Business-wise, perhaps.
In terms of arrtistry and historical importance? Their role is undeniable.

I'd still be interested of hearing what were the initial budgets for the games, and how much they gained from final sales. I doubt that a big studio like Jewnami would have just kept beating a dead horse for over a decade after TS' break-up, if it did not attract customers.

>the vast majority of the market doesn't give a fuck about it.
That's what people like you always say, until a remaster / remake / reboot of some classic IP totally BTFO of your baseless assumptions.

Not every big fan of a game or film personally purchases a copy. And I'm not just referring to filthy piracy either; borrowing stuff from friends or experiencing them together was still normal 15 years ago.

Attached: 160045b1.jpg (190x242, 21K)

>In terms of arrtistry and historical importance? Their role is undeniable.
Oh, fuck off. Most of what makes SH "unique" is stolen from western horror films.

>Oh, fuck off.
Now why would I do that?

>Most of what makes SH "unique" is stolen from western horror films.
I do wonder what you consider "most of", and how artistry of characters like Masahiro Ito and Akira Yamaoka reflect anything western. Or how "generic" you consider them to be.

Name a more based installment in the series

Attached: SH SM jap cover.jpg (640x909, 99K)

Not him and I wouldnt say something as retarded in the first place as most art is remixed ideas from other works or things but silent hill is extremely easy to visually trace back to works like nightmare on elm street/ jacobs ladder

That's if you limit your idea of "artistry" to just the superficial visual detailing. Even then, the sources of inspiration were varied and wide, though still mostly used in order to get the "right looks" for what was a far-away foreign country to the dev team.

Attached: kindergarten cop takes place in silent hill - sh1 school.png (640x2217, 1.22M)

>That's if you limit your idea of "artistry" to just the superficial visual detailing
Most of the SH games don't have anything but the superficial.

I played 1 and 2 a few years ago and really liked them, should I play them again or jump to 3?

>historical importance of silent hill is undeniable
you are so far in to your delusions, i dont think there can be any help for you. please check in to a psych ward because you think history books are going to be filled with SH references.

>i love my daddy

watch nubzombie do a story playthrough and drink a gallon of vodka and smoke a couple blunts. will make it actually enjoyable.

I've been trying to play sh4 on the pc, but have been turned off by the garbage controls. I have already played the first three. Is it worth continuing?

Attached: probable.jpg (735x588, 68K)

Only if you like the setting. I played it recently on pc for my boyfriend to watch and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would.

Its one of the games that pioneered the survival horror genre.

both

Can anyone but this faggot answer my question?

Neck yourself

>20 years anniversary thread
>let's pirate the game guys!

How is giving Konami money in this day and age helpful to SH as a franchise? They nuked the series themselves. They don't deserve it.

Pyramid head died because I hit it with a sword, bro

Attached: 1544152983203.jpg (792x559, 248K)

>Downpour was a solid game on paper
downpour had some solid IDEAS on paper, I'll give you that but come on now, memorable characters? murphy barely has any personality, especially since the game itself doesn't even know if he did something or not, the cop chick's story could have been kinda interesting, but we barely see anything about it, she's just a bitch in 95% of her screen time desu
who else is there? the black postman who never actually says or does anything, the other stereotypical black dude with no real story or purpose other than telling the player to go to places? everyone else I can think of are boring characters we've seen a million times before in various movies

like I said, it had really decent ideas, I agree, but the game couldn't deliver anything if you ask me, but I know a lot of people think it's the best non-team silent SH game

It had two movies, and was one of Konami's most profitable series until they started to whore it off to western developers.

>they all know about the fog and the snow (well, the ash since that's what the movie called it)
I don't know why but it always triggers my autism
why the fuck did they have to change it? I know it's probably the smallest thing to bitch about, but I hate it

I only have the pc version of SH3 on an original disc
I actually barely played any of the classic SH games on ps systems, just the first game around the time it came out, I played the rest on pc I believe

The metropolis turned him into a fool

>dark wii logo
based

but why is that good? ad infinitum

Attached: 1557122200446.jpg (604x604, 53K)

You start to be afraid of your body because it can be injured

jesus, there were some dumb shit itt but this post is painful

Absolutely. Especially if you're into the kino cult storyline, then SH4 can unironically be considered the most interesting in the original series. The gameplay is shit, but figuring out what's going on is fantastic. There's also some good imagery in certain parts of the game. Definitely play through the whole game at least once.

Something about girls having a period

>Its one of the games that pioneered the survival horror genre.
What is this revisionist bullshit? The game that coined the term "survival horror" was Resident Evil. It was released 3 years before Silent Hill. But even then Resident Evil is an admitted knock off of Alone in the Dark, a game released in 1992. How Silent Hill pioneered a genre that was created 7 fucking years before it was even released you are really going to have to explain.

lmao at zoomers not knowing about alone in the dark