Anyone else really want to play horror games but too scared to do it?

I have absolutely no problem with horror movies and rarely get scared by them, but even mild horror in games freaks me out and makes me too stressed and nervous to play (with some exceptions like Resident Evil). It's annoying cause there's a bunch of horror games I'd love to play but just can't bring myself to.

Attached: outlast 2.png (582x619, 261K)

Have you tried not being a little bitch?

I have tried, but failed many times

Just ask yourself what's the worst that could happen. Then remind yourself that you're playing a video game. You'll get over it or you'll realize that most horror games, especially the one you posted, are awful.

Just intentionally fuck up and run into enemies for a joke. You only die once.

It's definitely worth it. it's even better if you watch real crime videos on youtube before you start.
Bonus points if you do it past 1 am

>(with some exceptions like Resident Evil)
Which ones?

I've played the REmake, 0, 4, 5, 7 and the RE2make. Of those, 7 was the scariest, with the others only having a couple of intense moments here and there. The atmosphere in RE4 and RE2make is pretty creepy and tense a lot of the time, though.

Scary shit was ruined for me. I can't get it out of my head that I'm not in actual danger or that there isn't a threat. This isn't I'm a tough guy post, because I want to be scared by shit like spooky games.

If you were able to play 7 then I see no reason why other horror games would be an issue. Is the problem jumpscares?

I got scared to leave my room at night after playing PT. No game got me like that before, but as with everything it passes so don't be a faggot op

Not really jump-scares, it's just the tense and creepy atmosphere that makes me feel constantly nervous and on edge. The two scariest games I've played would be Outlast and P.T., for example.

>The two scariest games I've played would be walking sims

Attached: Srsly.png (390x379, 314K)

Sort of applies to P.T., but not Outlast, which has plenty of proper gameplay.

Whats scarier than only being able to walk away from something that scares?

I am the only one that hate outlast ?
Having to die to understand how to overcome the game is frustrating.

Outlast was so garbage I refunded it. It was a completely linear cinematic walking sim with predictable jump scares and cliche hide and seek "gameplay"
Same for Outlast 2

It's not even scary, just boring.

good for you, mate

>Outlast was so garbage I refunded it. It was a completely linear cinematic walking sim with predictable jump scares and cliche hide and seek "gameplay"
>Same for Outlast 2

Attached: 1533770034831.jpg (324x419, 41K)

If PT didn't scare you then you are mentally retarded and you shouldnt play or speak on horror games again

Closet Horror is a terrible genre of game.

Never played it, I'm more talking about Outlast.

You should REJOICE.
At least you're not a tryhard internet tough-guy, who cannot get immersed into any game anymore.

Now, I started playing horror vidya when I was around 9. First REs and SHs had just came out and were the hottest fad at the time, so getting into them wasn't hard at all.
I'm not ashamed to admit that at best, I could only play them for like 30 minutes at once, or from a save-spot to the next, before I had to take a break and calm my nerves. Didn't help that I got a vivid imagination, so that stuff did made me feel paranoid and give me unpleasant dreams.

Yet, I played them. Finished them all on my own.
It helps that the oldschool survival horror games got tons of "carrots" to keep you coming back to them; from fascinating stories to the intriguing gameplay.

>tl;dr:
Just fucking play the games. The GOOD ones.
None of that nu-RE / Outlast crap, that rely on jump-spooks and "spooky" setpieces.

Attached: sh1 epsxe emu - the door - alt school.jpg (1280x960, 114K)

>predictable jump scares and cliche hide and seek
That's just not true

RE7 doesn't have jump scares.

>Just fucking play the games. The GOOD ones.
>None of that nu-RE / Outlast crap, that rely on jump-spooks and "spooky" setpieces.
So what, in your vastly superior and cultured taste, are these good ones?

>RE7 doesn't have jump scares.
It does. And it loves to do the "ugly guy screams right in your face & then throws you around" -cinematic bullshit all the time.

>are these good ones?
Silent Hill 1-4
RE1-4 + REmake
Fatal Frame 1-3
Forbidden Siren 1-2
Penumbra: Overture, Black Plague
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Afraid Of Monsters: DC
Cry Of Fear
Underhell

honorable mention: STALKER trio, Dino Crisis

He's talking about the classic survival horrors I imagine like RE2 and Silent Hill 2, but if anyones a fan of horror, we've already played them which is what these faggots forget:

Nobodies making horror games as good as those games anymore. Outlast 1 and 2 are quality games for this era.

Thanks for proving my point

Attached: soy3.png (454x520, 7K)

>Outlast 1 and 2 are quality games for this era.
Oh they sure are of SOME "quality", but not of high one.

>Nobodies making horror games as good as those games anymore.
Darkwood was amazing.

Attached: 1536375051082.gif (577x542, 3.8M)

as a fellow shit myself but want to play horror games myself. stick to games like resident evil where you can actually fight back. makes it manageable. also darkwood. good lord. get it

>It does. And it loves to do the "ugly guy screams right in your face & then throws you around" -cinematic bullshit all the time.
Literally only in the first five minutes while it's setting up the story.

>but if anyones a fan of horror, we've already played them
Nice generalization. I've met fucktons of literal zoomers both online and IRL, who REFUSE to touch something "so old and ugleh!" as PS2 era games. I shit you not.
These fags only know of shit like Slenderman, Amnesia and maybe The Evil Within. Some even consider TLOU horror.

>Literally only in the first five minutes while it's setting up the story.
Literally through the whole game. Which you apparently did not play.

Not denying that those games are great, but any modern games? Can't just stay in the past, gotta try new stuff too.

Played it, and all the DLC.

Attached: re7.jpg (620x111, 10K)

but do you know the mushroom man

Well obviously disregard their opinions - I've played a lot of the classics except maybe some PS1/PS2 horrors that never got translated.

Outlast 1 and 2 do a decent job, as I've always been a fan of Clock Tower style horror games where you spend more time running away from enemies rather than confronting them.

The closest diehard old horror fags will get to complimenting a new horror game is SOMA (Amnesia was 9 fucking years ago)

I don’t care for the constant ants crawling up my back feeling I get when I plat them.

>Not denying that those games are great, but any modern games?
Define "modern".
From the past 5 or so years? No.

>The closest diehard old horror fags will get to complimenting a new horror game is SOMA
SOMA was fucking terrible piece of shit, and not "horror" at all.
It' literally worse than Amnesia in all possible ways, and that was already a HUGE downgrade from Penumbras.
Frictional just keeps downgrading their shit.

You're not helping the stereotype that you're boomer that hates on anything modern and insists that it's all shit while the only good games are very old ones. Why should I take your opinion seriously if all you have to offer is angry rants about anything new?

same thing with me
i think its the idea of getting chasef

I'm just as jaded as he is but I still really liked Outlast 1 and 2.

I mean really, the only shit games of the modern horror era are the jump scare sims like the FNAF games.

Also have you guys played Monstrum? Scared the hell out of me

>You're not helping the stereotype that you're boomer that hates on anything modern
Imagine defending literal disposable Youtube-garbage with no other argument than "i-it's NEW ! You're just 2 old!!"

The last five years have spawned some of the best games I've played during my 30 short years. No horror games there though.

Outcraps are exact same shit-tier as FNAF.

>Outcraps are exact same shit-tier as FNAF.
Imagine having an opinion this fucking retarded. I'm almost certain you've never actually played Outlast.

embrace it and play through it even if you lose. you're in the best spot to play horror games.

>opinion this fucking retarded
What makes it "retarded"?
You can get 99% the same experience by WATCHING Outlast, as you could by PLAYING it.
Hell, even FNAF demands more engagement with the actual game than the OLs.

>all these deleted posts
Either someone's covering up his BS, or we got a based mod lurking.

Attached: (0)_v_-_Anyone_else_really_want_to_play_horror_games_but_too_scared_to_do_it_-_Video_Games_-_4chan_- (1912x1052, 79K)